GM TOP #1-7: Flooded King's Court (PFS2, Outpost III) (Inactive)

Game Master Pete H.

Slides

Begins March 30, 2020


101 to 150 of 243 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

Nothing jumps out as the pathfinders slip down the narrow and slick steps.

Crashing water and the occasional bit of flotsam from the sewers flows into this large, broad pool that fills the entire cavern and extends to the northwest. A small cove stretches to the southeast where a barnacle‑covered boat is moored. The craft is mostly filled with water, and the rope securing it to the shore is saturated and beginning to rot.

The little boat appears to have been here a very long time, but would work as long as regular bailing occurred. The group can't see very far, but it appears the boat would allow them to get across an underground lake. What is on the other side? Only one way to find out.

Take the boat across the water? Swim instead? Or back out and check that last section that remains in this area?

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Duma looks unsure about this boat.

"I think we should check everything in this part of the caverns before we venture out on the water. Perhaps that last door..."

Duma walks toward the eastern door. Yellow X

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini agrees with Dumas’s assessment and follows.

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper agrees as well. Heads in the direction of Yellow X when everyone is ready.

Horizon Hunters

CN Charhide Goblin Rogue (Ruffian) 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +6 | P + 6 | Speed 25' | Class DC 18 | Resistances: Fire 1 | Conditions:

Rout nods his agreement.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

GM Screen:
Initiative
Chomper: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Rout: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Elora: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Raini: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Arlo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Duma: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Enemy RB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Enemy GY: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Enemy PO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The group moves out of the side passage and heads towards the next spot to investigate. Just as Chomper gets close and the rest of the group has almost crossed the sewer channel, two of the mercenaries from earlier move out of the exit tunnel and stride down the walkway. The first aims an arrow at the group and says, "That's enough right there. Don't move or I'll shoot. Now... I don't want to hurt y'all, but Imma have to ask y'all to leave and let us do the sploring down here."

We are not officially in initiative and there are a few ways this could go down without combat. But any aggressive actions will put us into initiative right away. Good luck!

Arlo & Elora:
Both of you notice a bit of movement and think you see the glint of metal of someone hiding in the pumping room entrance (red x). You also think you might be hearing some heavy breathing just ahead of Chomper around the corner (yellow x).

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Wizard/2 AC 17 w/ Mage Armor Spell HP 22/22 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +7 PERCEPTION +5 Cold Resistance 1 Electricity Resistance 1 (Initiative normally +7 due to Incredible Initiative feat)

Arlo whispers "there are more of them nearby. I thought I heard some heavy breathing coming from ahead of the goblins, and there appears to someone in the pump room"

To the mercenaries, he yells "Now, now, we won this contract fair and square. You are all good mercenaries. There is plenty of other good work to be had in this city for your likes. Stand down, there is no need for blood to be spilled here."

diplomacy +5

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini immediately moves to a non-threatening stance and offers a non-violent resolution.

"Whoa there longshanks! We won these rights fair and square. We don't want violence but are more than capable of defending ourselves. To be fair, we understand you are mercenaries hired to do a job. Are your lives truly worth a few bits of silver?" offers the druid, letting the gravity of the situation sink in. "I'm sure we can come to mutually beneficial terms. As my momma used to say, "A handful of common sense is worth a bushel of learning".

Raini attempts diplomacy while also attempting to look capable of a solid defense.

Diplomacy check to Make an Impression: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

The bow is lowered a bit and the merc responds indifferently, "Listen, I get we are all here doing our jobs. But we have families to feed too. So if you pay our wages, fifteen silver for each of us, we'll split and leave you all to it."

He smiles, "As you said, is a life truly worth a few bits of silver? We get in a scrap, I know some of you all will go down too."

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini chuckles at the response. Mercenary is accurate. he muses.

Grinning, Raini responds: "Agreed. 30 silver total for ALL of you to leave. No harm, no foul.". Raini knows there are more than the two of them, but emphasizes the amount (30) and ALL meaning more than the two of them.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

The mercenary smiles, then it appears he is thinking hard about something. A voice from a side tunnel in front of Chomper yells, "HEY DATS NOT ENUF FER US ALL!"

The leader finally finishes his math, "Naw, but if you double dat we got a deal."

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

"Well, that's a problem." shouts Raini to the voice in the tunnel. "We negotiated for those present here. If you want to renegotiate, then that offer I gave is off the table."

Looking at the original negotiator, Raini makes another offer.

"Due to your attempt to ambush us most heinously, I will make this one time offer. Thirty silver total for you two and five each for those not present a the time of the initial negotiation. That is honest and fair." counters the druid as he strokes a growling panther.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

Before I give the response, I want to confirm that the rest of the group is in agreement with this deal or dealing with these possible enemies in general. Any payment to these mercenaries will be deducted evenly from each player's final chronicle rewards.

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Wizard/2 AC 17 w/ Mage Armor Spell HP 22/22 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +7 PERCEPTION +5 Cold Resistance 1 Electricity Resistance 1 (Initiative normally +7 due to Incredible Initiative feat)

Arlo, though exasperated and annoyed about this, will agree that paying them is better than a brawl.

Although he is tempted to simply open up with a magic missile spell at the leader. . . .

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini looks to his team, attempting to gauge how things are going to go. Avoiding conflict is good, but catering to bullies is not.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Duma retrieves his staff. He looks at the thugs, then over to Raini. "How many of the 'not present' are there? Five silver each? We need to know how much we're paying?"

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

"Good question, wise Duma. According to our scouts, there are two others. One ahead, as we heard him call out. Another hiding in the pump room." offers Raini in response to Duma's question.

Looking at the mercenary leader, "Can you answer the question? Forty silver should do it, yes?" states Raini

Horizon Hunters

CN Charhide Goblin Rogue (Ruffian) 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +6 | P + 6 | Speed 25' | Class DC 18 | Resistances: Fire 1 | Conditions:

Rout grunts. Rout here to make coin not give away. Rout think losers should go away unless they want to lose more than this job. He touches the horsechopper strapped to his back.

Intimidation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Sorry gang...

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Shield raised ready for an attack he says, "Chomper wit' Rout an' yous not let Chomper eat da Croc. Chomper's hungry. Mayhaps snack'n Humans." Chomper starts chewing on the edge of his shield and growling."Will even share wit' yer pets." As he points to the Panther & Wolf.

Intimidation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

Okay, that is two clear votes for 'fight'. Arlo, Raini and Duma are on the side of paying but need to know more details before making a call. Still waiting to see what Elora thinks. But I can provide a bit more information.

The mercenary whistles and four more thugs step out of the side tunnels. Two have bows drawn and are aiming at the group and the other two have stepped in front of them with swords drawn.

The currently negotiating thug adds, "There, six of us so fifty silver total. It's a bit less than we'd get searching the whole place, but less risk to us... and also less reward cause we wouldn't have any of the loot. So, what do you say?"

One of the thugs by Chomper sneers, "Dat's a pretty crappy deal boss, I say we gut em and take their stuff too, then we get evrathin." Chomper makes his comment about snacking on humans and he reconsiders a bit, but still holds his weapon ready.

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper is ready for a fight but will try negotiating. "Pwwwt!" Chomper spits out a couple of broken off teeth from biting on his shield and smiles with a mouth full of sharp, pointy teeth, "Well, we a'ready do da tough part an' took out da 20 foot Croc tha' da Big Chief talk 'bout upstairs. Should count fer sommat. I's say 40 silver, no more!" He stares with wide, crazed eyes at the thug who spoke up and licks his lips then chomps his teeth together for emphasis.

Diplomacy to Leader: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Wizard/2 AC 17 w/ Mage Armor Spell HP 22/22 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +7 PERCEPTION +5 Cold Resistance 1 Electricity Resistance 1 (Initiative normally +7 due to Incredible Initiative feat)

Arlo raises his voice. "You need to understand what happens if you choose NOT to take our generous offer of 40 silver pieces. The first thing that happens is that a blast of my powerful magic is leveled directly toward YOU!" Arlo gestures toward the person doing most of the speaking. "You'll likely die right away, fall into the fetid sewage below you, and be consumed by very large catfish."

Looking toward the the mercenaries near the goblins, he continues. "My friends Chomper and Rout are more than capable of killing one of you quite quickly. Suddenly we're now outnumbering you two to one, and it will just get worse for whoever of you that is left. Maybe, just MAYBE, we'll allow a couple of you to run away, very much WITHOUT your share of the 40 silver we are generously offering."

Arlo ends his speech with this thought: "It is best not to interfere in the affairs of Pathfinder wizards. We are slow to anger, but when appropriately roused, not many survive. Take your silver, and begone with your!"

intimidation: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Arlo drops the mic.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Charhide Goblin Rogue (Ruffian) 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +6 | P + 6 | Speed 25' | Class DC 18 | Resistances: Fire 1 | Conditions:

Rout puffs out his chest and points at the wizard and nods.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Duma grips his staff with both hands and, following Rout's lead, nods at Arlo.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

That'll be enough to push this encounter over the edge. Up to this point, attitudes had only been shifted a tiny bit and only on a couple thugs. The crit should be enough. Excellent RP everyone!

The thug is about to pull his sword and have things slip into combat when the wizard starts to insist upon forty silver. But as Arlo talks, he weaves in just enough specific information to his threat the thugs hand starts shaking as he grasps the hilt.

He gulps a bit, knowing the next part will be the hardest. His voice is gruff, "FINE. Just... FINE. We'll take your coin and go get drunk and forget about this damn smelly place." He catches the purse tossed to him, quickly scans it to guesstimate it is close enough to forty and turns to walk out the exit, "Drinks are on me boys, don't get left behind. The greenskins look hungry."

The rest of the group, seeing their numbers dwindle quickly make their own decisions. Free drinks and being done with this job quickly wins them over and they exit stage left.

More to come in a few.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Yes. Excellent RP, friends!


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

With that out of the way, the group continues along into the side tunnel, wary for any threats.

The sides of this chamber are rough and uneven, dropping sharply to a large pool of water that fills the entire room. To the north and south, the masonry of the sewer walls has crumbled away.

Quickly searching it, they find that an underwater sinkhole has formed in the center of the pool. Fortunately the water is clear enough to see that there is a small chest resting at the bottom. A couple dives later it is pulled to the surface. Sealed with wax it appears the contents may have survived immersion.

Athletics check to Force Open

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper digs in his backpack and pulls out a crowbar with a grin. "Dis shoulda do da trick."

Athletics with Crowbar: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

After a few tries he looks to the others, "Pffwwt. Summit else try an' a' holds it." He hands over the crowbar for someone else to try and holds the chest tight so it doesn't move.

+1 Athletics check with crowbar.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Duma grabs the crowbar and tries giving it a heave on the chest.

Athletics with crowbar: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

A regular crowbar doesn't grant a bonus on the check, it just prevents the -2 penalty. The fancy Levered Crowbar gives the +1 but it costs 20g. :(

Chomper gives it a go, but can't find a good spot to wedge the tool and hands it off to Duma while helping hold the chest steady. Duma quickly jams the tip in and twists, popping the rusted lock and lid right off.

Inside is a small cat-like statue, a pouch of gold coins and a note that reads, For the Ilnudar family matter.

The statue detects as magical (ID Magic with Arcana/Nature/Occultism/Religion Secret Check 10 minutes).

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Identify Magic: Arcana +6

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper looks over the contents and starts counting the coins. "Who dis Illnudar family?" He holds out the note for the others to read.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

GM Screen:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Whoops, forgot that part. Secret Society Check to Recall Knowledge on that family.

Duma just can't figure it out. The magic and form just don't make any sense.

Anyone else is welcome to try that ID Magic stuff at the same time as Duma.

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Wizard/2 AC 17 w/ Mage Armor Spell HP 22/22 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +7 PERCEPTION +5 Cold Resistance 1 Electricity Resistance 1 (Initiative normally +7 due to Incredible Initiative feat)

"You know, I really don't like to be such a heavy. I'd rather be nice. I didn't want to magic missile those mercenaries. I'm sure they're just trying to feed their families, right? Anyway, that statue looks interesting. May I?"

Arcana +8

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Identify Magic: Nature +3
Recall Knowledge: Society +1

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

"I get it, Arlo. I didn't want to hurt them either, but they were making it difficult to hold back. Your tough words seem to have worked on them, thankfully."


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

GM Screen:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Both Arlo and Chomper manage to figure out the item at about the same time shouting out, "DUH, JADE CAT!"

Chomper doesn't recognize the name at all.

Where too next? That is all the areas of note for this map.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

"Interesting find there. I say that we grab it and take the boat out on the water."

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper checks the inside of the chest thoroughly for secret compartments. He keeps the note just in case it is important. Maybe someone else knows this family it mentions.

Search take 20 on Perception? = 25

He nods at Duma's remark and heads out in that direction.

Horizon Hunters

CG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +5 R +9 W +4 | Perc. +6 | Stealth +7 Speed 30' | Conditions:

sorry for my absence, got too much work on the table

Elora follows Duma and Chomper to the boat.

Horizon Hunters

CN Charhide Goblin Rogue (Ruffian) 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +6 | P + 6 | Speed 25' | Class DC 18 | Resistances: Fire 1 | Conditions:

Eh, Rout bet if dose guys have clans they been kicked out of 'em. Rout mumbles, glancing at Chomper. He shrugs. Hope we make dat money back. After the group investigates the chest, he says, Guess we gotta go on de boat now.

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

While walking to the boat, he responds to Rout, "Dat Jade Cat worth more'n we pay 'em. We make money back." He says with confidence.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

A rocky beach covered in bits of assorted refuse meets the water to the southeast. To the northwest, what once must have been a natural cavern wall partially collapsed some time ago by the settling ground on the water side, revealing an area beyond of worked stone. The chamber within is large and constructed of a pale green stone. Multiple rounded passages worm their way to the northeast and southwest, while a grand staircase rises to the northwest.

The group lands their little craft in the only location on the underwater lake that appears to be anything other than cavern walls. Disembarking, they tie it off to a stone and look around.

There are three locations of interest. West, Northwest and North. Where too first?

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper listens for any sounds and starts to head off to the right (North) direction unless someone speaks up to stop him.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Duma will follow behind Chomper toward the north, trying to Detect Magic.

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Wizard/2 AC 17 w/ Mage Armor Spell HP 22/22 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +7 PERCEPTION +5 Cold Resistance 1 Electricity Resistance 1 (Initiative normally +7 due to Incredible Initiative feat)

Arlo follows the goblin toward the north.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

The group slips up into the... temple maybe? Sticking to one side they make their way through the first side tunnel.

Bits of saturated parchment, fragments of wood, and other detritus float on the surface of the two‑foot‑deep water in the room. Small niches are carved up and down the walls, each space only a few inches square but nearly a foot deep. The niches to the north are mostly destroyed by the partial collapse of the surrounding wall, and a deep crack runs at an angle across it.

To the east, a statue of a hippocampus rears up and its eyes roll back as if in pain. A trident made of a corroded metal protrudes from a wound in its side. Behind the statue on the wall are carved the words “Ex Prothex.”

Society or Lore: Absalom check to recall knowledge about the importance of the Hippocampus and "Ex Prothex".

No magic is detected but the members of the group (Elora, Raini, Arlo) that are actively searching for things quickly discover an airtight bone scroll tube bobbing in the water.

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper heads into the room cautious of anything lurking around under the water. He will head towards the statue and search around it for traps, anything else carved into it or hidden panels. Is the trident part of the statue? Can it be removed?

Perception +5

Society: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Edit: When do we know if the roll should be a secret check or not. Do all Perception & Knowledge checks apply? The Core book says when the action has the "secret trait" but can be up to the GM. Does the GM tell us when it should be secret?

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Recall Knowledge - Society +6

Horizon Hunters

CG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +5 R +9 W +4 | Perc. +6 | Stealth +7 Speed 30' | Conditions:

"Hey, look at this!" Elora says while pointing at a bone scroll in the water.

101 to 150 of 243 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.