GM TOP #1-7: Flooded King's Court (PFS2, Outpost III) (Inactive)

Game Master Pete H.

Slides

Begins March 30, 2020


51 to 100 of 243 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

CG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +5 R +9 W +4 | Perc. +6 | Stealth +7 Speed 30' | Conditions:

"Quiet! Chief's speaking!" Endroli tries to hush the others.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---
Elora Greydove wrote:
"Quiet! Chief's speaking!" Endroli tries to hush the others.

Raini, playing Pizazz, begins singing the best he can to imitate a goblin's song. His hands and fingers are gesturing frantically a combination of jazz hands and spirit fingers - not quite one and not quite the other.

As he gets wound up, Grenek interrupts. He glares at Elora, playing Grenek, and mutters loudly as he stops his song and dance routine. "Sassa frassa.. uttering incomprehensible, goblin sounding swear words.

Horizon Hunters

CN Charhide Goblin Rogue (Ruffian) 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +6 | P + 6 | Speed 25' | Class DC 18 | Resistances: Fire 1 | Conditions:

Whoops! Sorry Duma.

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Wizard/2 AC 17 w/ Mage Armor Spell HP 22/22 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +7 PERCEPTION +5 Cold Resistance 1 Electricity Resistance 1 (Initiative normally +7 due to Incredible Initiative feat)

As Ulthun, Arlo addresses the king (Chomper), though he is sure to look directly toward Zusgut as he says his lines.

"Please, my lord, we BESEECH you and ask the help of your mighty tribe. We are but mere, WEAK, SMELLY, PITIFUL humans and lack the cleverness and skill needed to escape the clutches of the undead. Will you aid us?"

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

"O' course,....o' course! He looks over the assembled and addresses the audience with a raised voice, "Crookedtoes, mah peeps,....har-ken ta me!
He raises his fist in the air above his head. Now's da time fore-told,....da time....when da longshanks....would come afore us....in des-per-ate....need."


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

The king nods along with the play, you hear him speaking to the goblins seated around him, "Dis Chompah guy really gets me. It's like... I'm dere living it again!"


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

GM Screen:
Arlo DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Rout DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1 Favor Point (4)
Chomper DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
1 Favor Point (5)
Arlo DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Rout DC 11: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
2 Favor Points (7)
WIN!

I misread something, but did some quick die rolls for you all and my earlier assumption of you easily defeating this task still holds true.

____________________________________

The goblins continue to be invested in the play, laughing at the appropriate marks and cheering when goblins are brave. At the end, the entire tribe is chanting the final line...

"WE BE HEROES, WE BE HEROES, WE BE HEROES!"

Zusgut raises his hands for silence, and most of the goblins quiet down or wander off. “Well that was exciting,” he says. “But now it’s time for the tough decision.” The king pauses dramatically, and from somewhere nearby a goblin beats a drum in a rhythm reminiscent of a heartbeat.

“It’s a difficult choice,” Zusgut continues, drawing out the moment. “But I have to say that one performance…” he pauses as the drum continues to beat. “Rose above the other.” Another pause. “Today, the winner is…” He stops again, and now the goblins are all paying close attention. “The Pathfinders!” A cheer rises up at his words.

Zusgut encourages the Pathfinders to make their way to the basement, where he claims a gigantic monster has taken up residence, although he’s not sure what, exactly, it is. He also answers any questions the group may have, but he doesn’t actually know much about the history of the building and has only heard the monster in the basement is “very, very big, has a giant mouth, sharp teeth, and is green.”

The mercenaries, for their part, sulkily move to a quiet corner.

Make your final prep for this delve into the basement and we will be off! You are welcome to change your exploration activity, just let me know. Thanks!

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper woots with a big tooth filled grin. "Da Pathfinders thank ya, Big Chief, Zusgut!" He listens to what the King says and responds, "Well let's pit sharp teeth 'gainst sharp teeth!" He gashes his pointed teeth together. CHOMP, CHOMP. When the group is ready, he proceeds to lead the way in the direction of the basement chanting, WE BE HEROES, WE BE HEROES, WE BE HEROES!.

Horizon Hunters

CG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +5 R +9 W +4 | Perc. +6 | Stealth +7 Speed 30' | Conditions:

Has Elora ever heard of such a 'monster'?
Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 or +5 for Hunting Lore

Horizon Hunters

CN Charhide Goblin Rogue (Ruffian) 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +6 | P + 6 | Speed 25' | Class DC 18 | Resistances: Fire 1 | Conditions:

Rout is ready to go. He follows behind the other goblin, declining to join in with the chant.

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Wizard/2 AC 17 w/ Mage Armor Spell HP 22/22 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +7 PERCEPTION +5 Cold Resistance 1 Electricity Resistance 1 (Initiative normally +7 due to Incredible Initiative feat)

Arlo checks his booots, goes over the spells he has available, takes a long draw from his water skin, and declares himself ready to descend.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

Elora can only guess that it is some sort of reptile or amphibian, but has also heard of some magically infused creatures that have both green skin and lots of teeth. But either way, they are likely soon to find out!

The pathfinders make final preparations and head downstairs to the fanfare of the goblins above.

_______________________________

Twisted and bloated, the wooden stairs connecting the main floor and basement are slick and saturated with water. The walls are covered in algae and the ceiling is coated with black mold, while old furniture and props from the theater are piled in the corners in soggy, crumbling heaps. Small crustaceans and numerous insects occasionally peek from the detritus or scramble into cracks or the shallow pools on the floor. The smell of rot and salt water hangs damply in the air.

To the west, a section of the brick wall has crumbled into a heap, creating an opening into a larger area beyond.

But of a more pressing issue, they hear a loud hissing noise and the two goblins up front see the monster as they round the corner.

Initiative:

Chomper: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Rout: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Elora: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Raini: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Arlo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Duma: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Red Enemy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

The creature strides up and bites at Chomper with its own Chompers!

GM Screen Red vs. Chomper:
Bite + Grab: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Bite + Grab - MAP: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 5 = 10

But the small fighter is just to deft, dodging the first bite and then back flipping over the next.

Round 1
Red Enemy
Raini
Elora
Duma
Chomper
Arlo
Rout

Bold are up!

Recall Knowledge (Nature) is one action. If you wish to do that, just declare the action and list your modifier. I'll roll it and give you the results, thanks!

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper crys out, "Fresh meat!" and attempts to bite it back.

Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Bite Damage (P): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Horizon Hunters

CG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +5 R +9 W +4 | Perc. +6 | Stealth +7 Speed 30' | Conditions:

I hope I'm doing this right, first PbP with PF2

Elora tries to recall what she heard or read about the beast when she sees it. All useful information she shares with her comrades.
Action 1:
Recall Kn. nature +4

Then she commands Aika to attack the beast in front of the group.
Action 2:
Command Animal -> Aika (companion) attack

Then she prepares an arrow to shoot as soon as the beast comes around the corner.
Action 3:
delay?
Longbow vs. beast: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 = 7 -2 for volley, P
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Aika, the wolf, dashes forward and bites at the beast before trying to get past it.
Action 1:
move forward

Action 2:
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 P

Action 3:
tuble through
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Horizon Hunters

CN Charhide Goblin Rogue (Ruffian) 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +6 | P + 6 | Speed 25' | Class DC 18 | Resistances: Fire 1 | Conditions:

Rout Steps back to put some distance between himself and the beast, pulls his horsechopper off his back and slashes at it.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

1. Step, 2. Draw Weapon, 3. Attack

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini will infuse Sasha with magic before the panther attacks.

Casts magic fang on animal companion. 2 actions. 1 action to direct animal companion.

"Get 'em Sasha!" shouts Raini as he points at the beast trying to eat his companions.

Sasha strides up to the beast and attacks!

Attack skill check using Jaws: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 NOTE: It looks like the wolf is flanking with Sasha, making the creature flat-footed.

Damage if successful on hit; Piercing + Magical damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1d4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 2 + (3) = 13
NOTE: 1d4 is special precision damage when flanking.

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Wizard/2 AC 17 w/ Mage Armor Spell HP 22/22 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +7 PERCEPTION +5 Cold Resistance 1 Electricity Resistance 1 (Initiative normally +7 due to Incredible Initiative feat)

Arlo steps forward and hurls magical electricity toward the beast.

Action 1 to move, 2 & 3 to cast electric arc spell. DC 18 reflex save for half.

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Sorry, Forgot about the multiple actions in PF2!

Action 1: Bite as above.
Action 2: Bite again.
Action 3: Melee Attack with Spiked Gauntlet.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Bite Damage (P): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Spiked Gauntlet: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Spiked Gauntlet Damage (P): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Duma's eyes grow wide as he sees the creature.

He will Step (1 action) diagonally, then cast Telekinetic Projectile (2 actions), hurling pieces of theatre debris at it.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

Since PbP is quite difficult to manage order wise, I tend to shuffle players around in the same initiative block to give the best possible results for them. It is essentially one of the huge advantages F2F tables have over PbP and I don't like to penalize players just because everyone has different posting times. So if you see re-ordering or actions resolving a bit differently than the exact order, just note that I'm doing my best to get everyone the best advantage.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Elora yells out what she knows about the beast, "It's an Elite Crocodile! Obviously watch out for the teeth, but if it latches on it will try to barrel roll and take you down to the ground!" Large Neutral Animal

She jumps to action, commanding her Canis lupus ally to attack and then loads an arrow. Thinking about waiting to get a better shot, she realizes part of the creature is visible and fires away. It misses.

Her wolf, Aika, snaps at the creature and misses, then attempts to get past to flank. But the wolf doesn't quite know how to get past the large bodied reptile. Fortunately, the creature doesn't have the reflexes to take a free shot (No AoO Reaction).

Raini casts a quick spell and touches his feline ally, who's teeth become quite a bit more dangerous looking. The Panthera onca? strides forward and rips a large chunk of flesh from the hide of the croc.

The human wizard Duma steps to the side and unleashes a perfectly placed rock slamming into the side of the creature's head.

Extra Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Chomper sees the cat's success and decides to try a taste himself, it's not bad! Tastes a bit... muddy but has a nice tenderness. His follow up strikes don't get through the thick hide though.

The other human wizard Arlo kazaps the creature with electricity, hoping to give it a bit of a burn. But the creature reflexively avoids most of the damage.

GM Screen:
Reflex DC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Last but not least, the other goblin steps behind the cat, pulls out his long bladed weapon and slashes away. But he can't quite find the right angle to penetrate the thick skin and misses.

The beast looks between the two targets in range that hurt it and decides that goblin tasted good before, it might still taste good. The croc snaps at Chomper twice, connecting on the second and grabbing him tightly around his waist (10 damage Chomper). It tucks its legs in and quickly rolls. But as it does, the teeth loosen just enough for Chomper to pull free. The croc flips back upright and looks more than a bit angry.

GM Screen Attacks:
Bite + Grab: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Bite + Grab - MAP: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 5 = 23 for Piercing: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Death Roll - MAP + Circ Bonus: 1d20 + 12 - 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 10 + 2 = 8

Round 2
Elite Crocodile (-27 HP)
Elora & Aika
Raini & Sasha (Magic Fang 9 rds remain)
Duma
Chomper (-10 HP)
Arlo
Rout

Bold are up!

Recall Knowledge (Nature) is one action. If you wish to do that, just declare the action and list your modifier. I'll roll it and give you the results, thanks!

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Seeing his success from the first attack, Duma will Cast Telekinetic Projectile (2 actions) again, tossing another large rock at the beast.

Telekinetic Projectile Spell Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

He uses his last action to Cast Shield.

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper would have used his Shield Block ability as a reaction to absorb part of the damage. He would have taken 4 Dmg, his shield with Hardness 3 only takes 3 Dmg.

With the flank provided, Chomper decides to use 2 Actions for Power Attack with his Bite and Action 3 with a Spiked Gauntleted Fist attack.

Bite with Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 5 + 2 = 22
Spiked Gauntleted Fist: 1d20 + 7 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 8 + 2 = 16

Bite Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10
Spiked Gauntlet Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |
Chomper of the Razortooth Tribe wrote:
Chomper would have used his Shield Block ability as a reaction to absorb part of the damage. He would have taken 4 Dmg, his shield with Hardness 3 only takes 3 Dmg.

My understanding is that the Shield Block will reduce the total damage by 3 due to the shield's hardness. The remaining 7 damage (10-3), is taken by BOTH you and the shield. That's 7 points to you and 7 points to the shield.

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |
Duma wrote:
My understanding is that the Shield Block will reduce the total damage by 3 due to the shield's hardness. The remaining 7 damage (10-3), is taken by BOTH you and the shield. That's 7 points to you and 7 points to the shield.

Thanks, Duma. You are right. It states BOTH takes the damage after the Hardness is subtracted. That does not seem right. Remaining damage should be halved so each takes damage equally. Seems there is a whole lot of discussions on this on the forums. This seems like more damage (17) was being done instead of the 10 damage which would have been initially taken. Really confusing. I also stated the wrong Hardness. It should be 5. These PF2 rules are a lot to take in and understand for someone new.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

I think their intention is to not let the shield be a huge damage sink, but I agree that it sort of makes more sense to distribute the left-over damage between you and the shield. But alas, that's not the RAW.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini, realizing the attacking creature is a natural beast, feels a pang of guilt and anger. Harming natural creatures is not something he enjoys doing in the slightest, but survival and self-defense are also important. He reluctantly yet directly orders Sasha to attack.

Sasha bites: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Sasha claws: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21 NOTE: MAP penalty with agile weapon.

The panther bites and rakes the large beast in a concerted effort to put it out of its misery.

Bite damage, Piercing & Magical: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7
Claw damage, Slashing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Raini aims his primal magic at the beast, hoping to freeze its heart and end this conflict.

Ray of Frost attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

An arcane ray of frost shoots forth from Raini's tiny fingers.

Cold damage from Ray of Frost: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9

ACTIONS: Raini - 1 action to command companion; 2 actions to cast spell. Sasha - 2 actions to attack.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

Re: Shield Questions. I'll look into the rules on damage, but for now it doesn't apply since Chomper didn't use the Raise the Shield action on the turn prior to being bit. I'm guessing his AC is also 18 when the shield isn't raised as well, which would have significantly changed that round of attacks. I'll keep a closer eye on that for future combats.

____________________________________

Regardless of how things could have turned out in an alternate world, the pathfinders fall upon the creature with a flurry of strikes, bites and spells. The crocodile collapses to the ground.

Combat Over!

Raini, you are welcome to Stabilize it if you wish to keep the creature alive and attempt to return it to the wild.

Current Status
Chomper (-10 HP)
____________________________________

Twisted and bloated, the wooden stairs connecting the main floor and basement are slick and saturated with water. The walls are covered in algae and the ceiling is coated with black mold, while old furniture and props from the theater are piled in the corners in soggy, crumbling heaps. Small crustaceans and numerous insects occasionally peek from the detritus or scramble into cracks or the shallow pools on the floor. The smell of rot and salt water hangs damply in the air.

To the west, a section of the brick wall has crumbled into a heap, creating an opening into a larger area beyond.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini quickly casts stabilize on the crocodile. Defending is one thing. Leaving it to die is another.

Once stabilized, Raini then infuses healing magic into the creature as well. In doing so, he hopes the benevolence will endear the creature to him.

"Please don't harm the creature. I will calm it and talk to it so it doesn't try to eat us." announces the druid.

Heal Animal focus spell, Heightened +1: 2d8 + 8 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 + 8 + 2 = 20

As soon as the crocodile is aware of its surroundings, Raini will use his Wild Empathy to befriend the creature.

Diplomacy check for Wild Empathy on croc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

When successful, Raini will help to return it to the wild.

Lastly, a tiny squirrel crawls out of Raini's pocket and begins to converse with the druid.

"Squeek squeeker." The druid chitters back to the squirrel, carrying on an animated conversation.

NOTE: Rocky is Rani's familiar. He will charge his Focus points back to 1.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

The natural connection to the wilds puts Raini in a unique position to calm the injured beast. He quickly heals the creature and befriends it, then looks around the room. He notices that the crumbled exit to the room appears to have been a recent occurrence. He can guess it may have trapped the croc in the room causing it to attack anything that came down here. He figures if the rubble was cleared, the creature might just flee the area without causing any more trouble.

Glancing around the room, Duma notices a magical aura from the corner. Digging in the soppy rubble, he pulls out a nice red beret that appears to be the source of the magic (Arcane or Occult to ID, takes 10 minutes and is secret so give me your mods if you are trying that).

It should also take about 10 minutes to clear the rubble if you all wish to do so. That coincidentally is how long it takes to heal someone with medicine, recharge Focus points and identify a magic item. Hmmm... 10 minutes seems to be a common theme of downtime activities!

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Duma examines the beret.

Identify Magic (Arcana +6)


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

GM Screen:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Duma inspects the hat, taking a long look at the design and craftsmanship and how the magic is woven into the threads. He figures out the spell used and then backtracks to the only logical conclusion. He holds a Hat of Disguise.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

As he examines the beret, Duma's intense expression changes to that of pleasant surprise.

"I think we may have something useful here. This magical beret can be used to help disguise someone."

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Pointing at the Croc, "Awwwwww, a' wanna ta eat 'em! Tha' good meat tha' is."

Chomper sits down on some debris, pulls out a cloth and wraps it around his wounds. He then takes out a minor elixir of life and drinks it.

Minor Elixir of Life: Healing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Just reading up some more on the rules and it says you have to take an Action to Raise a Shield? This is every round of combat? This makes no sense to me. So knowing we are going into a dangerous area I can't raise my shield until we actually get into combat? From what I read it states that as soon as I get attacked since that is the "trigger", I could have used a reaction to use an action to Raise Shield on the first round. Then each subsequent round I have to use 1 action to keep Raise Shield. Am I interpreting that right?


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

It’s cool, some of the stuff out there doesn’t make a ton of sense but is built that way for balance (I assume). You are correct about using an action each round to raise your shield. But to have that raised shield while exploring you just need to use the Defend exploration activity. Additionally, fighters have access to a feat called Reactive Shield, which might be worth looking into.

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Chomper starts to clear the debris blocking the hole in the wall so that the croc can leave. He looks around where to continue and heads off in that direction with shield raised so as to not get jumped again unprepared.

Changed his exploration to Defend.

Horizon Hunters

CN Charhide Goblin Rogue (Ruffian) 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +6 | P + 6 | Speed 25' | Class DC 18 | Resistances: Fire 1 | Conditions:

Yeah, Reactive Shield allows you to use Shield Block reaction without Raise a Shield. It kind of makes sense to me. The action system is abstracting and slowing down what really takes place quite quickly.

Rout helps the other goblin move some of the debris. When it's time to move on, he keeps to the shadows, stepping around the trash littered about.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 35/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 1/1 | Hero Pt 1/1 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 17/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini and Rocky chitter to themselves while waving goodbye to the crocodile. "Quit eating people for heaven's sake!" chides the tiny gnome while standing next to the huge beast. He wags his finger at the croc like a scolding mother.

"Thank you my friends for freeing the crocodile. It was the right thing to do."

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Once Duma is done with the hat, he'll join in the effort to clear the debris. Then he will resume Detect Magic as his exploration activity.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

The croc gives sad puppy eyes at the gnome, seeming to say that they were delicious but she'll try.

Once the path is clear, the reptile bolts through and out, happy to put these sewers well behind her for fresher waters. She disappears into the sludge ahead and is never seen again.

Chomper and Route move out ahead of the group. The rest follow shortly behind to see a multitude of decisions ahead of them.

The strong scent of saltwater hints at the daily flooding that washes through these sewers from the nearby sea, as do the occasional stranded fish or crustacean. The walkways alongside the sewer are slick and damp, although relatively clear of the normal waste found in a sewer.

To the west across the sludge is a small entrance (red x) leading to some stairs heading slightly down. To the north the sewers open up in a four-way junction. The eastern branch of the junction has a small opening broken into the wall (yellow x). Lastly there is a small doorway in the wall up the north branch (blue x). Or the group could just go up the north or west branches and ignore all the openings/doors.

Where too next? First 3 votes. The center channel of sewage sludge is difficult terrain (half movement). I also cropped the map so it wasn't so tiny.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

"Let's head down those stairs." Duma points to the stairs directly to the west. (the red X)

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Vote the red X as well.

Chomper will head in the direction the party votes.

Horizon Hunters

CG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +5 R +9 W +4 | Perc. +6 | Stealth +7 Speed 30' | Conditions:

vote for red X!

Exploration mode: Search

Elora follows Duma and Chomper, but keeps both of her eyes and ears open for anything unusal.


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

The group decisively moves together and investigates the nearby stairs. Emerging into an interesting location, Chomper and Rout don't see any dangers and everyone files in to look.

Tall stone cylinders stand in a line in the center of this chamber. Broken pipes protrude from the ceiling above the cylinders, rusted and covered in green algae. Every few moments, one of the cylinders makes a feeble grinding sound and a dribble of water flows down from the top of the cylinder and drips to the floor

Crafting or Thievery or an appropriate Lore to figure out what these cylinders are supposed to do and if they have any value.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

Recall Knowledge-Crafting +6

Vigilant Seal

Male Human Wizard/2 AC 17 w/ Mage Armor Spell HP 22/22 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +7 PERCEPTION +5 Cold Resistance 1 Electricity Resistance 1 (Initiative normally +7 due to Incredible Initiative feat)

Recall Knowledge-Crafting +8


V2 Secret Rolls | Flooded King's Court| Spell Templates | Placeholder |

GM Screen:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Arlo & Duma:
Both of you come to the same conclusion about the same time. These machines used to be magically powered sump pumps. When the system functioned, it drew water from below the foundation and pushed through the pipes into the sewers and channeled away. The earthquake destroyed the connection to the pipes, and the increased water volume soon overwhelmed the system, rendering it permanently inoperable. Nothing is salvageable sadly.

Where to next? That's all for this room. The west exit to the room just leads back into another wide sewer tunnel that circles back around to the primary intersection.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human (Versatile Heritage) Wizard (Universalist) 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | P + 5 | Speed 25' | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Athletics +5, Crafting +6, Sailing Lore +6, Scribing Lore +6, Society +6, Stealth +5, Weather Lore +6 | Hero Points: 0/3 |

"These cylinders used to move water out of here, but it looks like the earthquake must have damaged them. They're beyond repair now."

"It doesn't look like there's anything more to see here. Shall we investigate the other door to the north?"

Duma heads toward the north door. (Blue X)

Horizon Hunters

CG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +5 R +9 W +4 | Perc. +6 | Stealth +7 Speed 30' | Conditions:

blue, still search mode

Horizon Hunters

Male Razortooth Goblin Fighter / 1st
Stats:
| HP: 17/17 |Shield HD:5 BT: 10/10| AC: 18 or 20 | F: +6; R: +9; W: +3 | Initiative: +4; Perception: +5 | Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 25' | Stealth +7 |

Blue X sounds good.

Chomper leads in that direction.

51 to 100 of 243 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.