GM Worg's From Shore to Sea (Lvl 5-7)

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

Maps | Chronicles


101 to 150 of 399 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Dhampir (Ru-Shi) Drunken Dude 6 | HP: 50/50| Permanent Feather Fall | AC: 17 | T: 12 | FF: 16 | CMD: 19 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 (+2 vs mind affecting effects and disease + resists level drain) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1 - 5/6 ; 2 - 2/3 ; Arcane Pool: 5/7 ; Panache: 6/6 ; Fly: 4/5 ; Levitate: 1/1 ; Erase SLA: 3/3

Tesson moves quickly with the drunk's luck on avoiding sharp rock. While doing so, he politely nods at Volsung's comment on citrus wine and wonders what it'd taste like.

Acrobatics 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Acrobatics 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Acrobatics 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

The man actually goes so fast he loses sight of the aasimar.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Assuming everyone else is going to also take their time getting in.

@Tesson & Volsung Hurrying across, you manage to catch a glimpse of a very bulbous man who kneels in the sand and is digging with his hands, either out of boredom or is searching for something. He looks up at you.

His skin is pallid and waxy, his dark, thin hair recedes into a sharp widow’s peak, and his brow furrows deeply, showing only the faintest wisps of eyebrows. The man might have been uniquely handsome once, with a wide, toothy grin and large eyes, but the harsh environment has taken its toll.

"Hello strangers, and what a treasure it is to see some outsiders coming to our hamlet. Tell me, what brought you and your colleges to out here?" He seems to say the wrong word a lot. "Perhaps you can help us out with the upcoming epidermic. You see, the storm coming soon means I'll have to ferry villagers across the waters back to here."

Slide 6 for picture.

************************************************

@Everyone As you catch up, you can hear the noise of something coming from behind. Turning around, you see what looks like villagers who were previously unseen coming to the lighthouse as well. They scurry from the wrecked cottages, carrying what random scraps of supplies with them.

Above you can see the dark clouds gathering.

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 57/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

"The dark clouds creep up like the hairless otter on the hunt for prey! We should help everyone get inside, yes?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las feels like something is off with the dark haired beach-digger.

Take 10 on Sense Motive.

K. Local (To figure out what race Gervus is) T10 w Inspiration: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

"Perhaps we should simply clear out of their way? My guess is they've made the climb before."

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

Did Volsung get anything from his casting of detect psychic significance near the base of the lighthouse?

Using message, Volsung speaks to the other members of the party.

"I will attempt to distract this odd individual with conversation, if anyone would like to see why he was digging about in the sand."

Then, Volsung focuses his attention on the "very bulbous man."

Sense Motive (with charge of wand of burst of insight):: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 4 = 23

"Greetings, I am called Volsung Dreamseer. I and my friends are seekers of knowledge come to your fair village to learn of its history. We would be more than happy to help you and others of your community, but please, tell me more about this 'epidermic' of which you speak?"

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like to roll Diplomacy (+13) or Bluff (+11) to keep his attention focused on Volsung so he has less chance of noticing another member of the party looking where he was digging.

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 5| | HP 35/49 | AC 23, T 12, FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F +9 R +5 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc -1 SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 2/2 |Spells: 1st 2/2 |Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: none

I shall see if there is something evil!

Edwin casts detect evil.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

@Volsung Fear, anxiety, hope.

@Edwin No evil is detected.

@Las Lejas Gervus Barhandin, lighthouse keeper (N male human expert 3)

Gervus informs Las, "You would think so, with how many times we have to take welter these days. Disproportionately, however, too many people are afraid of trying to cross the rocks. They are cornered about falling into the water and getting grabbed. So I use my boat to resuscitate people."

Sense Motive DC5:

Walter = Shelter
Disproportionately = Unfortuantely
Cornered = Concerned
Resuscitate = Rescue

You get the feeling this is a regular thing with Gervus.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las fears allayed, for the time being, he calls out to others,

"Okay, let's get these people to the ligthhouse."

What do we need to do mechanics-wise?

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Diplomacy to talk them up, or something creative to help them in.

I don't run my scenarios 100% by the book, which at this point says only Diplomacy. I like to think parties are more helpful than just talking fancy. If anyone prefers I stick 100% to the book and run as written, let me know. Otherwise, I will keep you on the original track but be open to creative decision making.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las pulls out his wand of Silent Image and Dolph to mark the safest path through the rocks.

UMD + wayfinder + Insp: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 13 + (1) = 20

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

sorry got bogged down over the weekend with real life stuff.

Darrioos tries to help Las.

"Friends we must move to the lighthouse"

aid: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

Volsung echos Darrioos' call in a loud, clear voice (the loudest you've ever hear him speak).

"Yes friends, please come this way. If any of you need assistance, we can help you, your family, and your burdens."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

He messages the stronger members of the party alerting that they may need to help some of the vilagers.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

That will do.
The Pathfinders help the villagers hurry into the lighthouse. Between them and the boat that Gervus pilots back and forth, the villagers manage to get in before the storm hits with a stronger force.

***************************************

Tightly packed into the cramped quarters of the lighthouse are all of the villagers who remain in Blackcove. Numbering less than forty, the bedraggled assembly exudes anxiety and dismay. Their kinship is obvious, and most display the same waxy and weathered skin, thinning hair that recedes sharply to either side of a pronounced widow’s peak, and disarmingly dark purple eyes. Phlegmatic coughs echo throughout the damp, crowded room and it seems as if the community members’ constitutions have grown weak because of degeneration following too many years of isolation.

Gervus pronounces loudly. "As you can all see, Adler found us help, and here’s hoping they’ll be our salvation. I suppose we should tell them about our troubles.”

From your efforts, the villagers share some information with you all.

The attacks on the village began shortly after a villager named Gerlach started exploring the island of Nal-Kashel. He never said what he witnessed, but all agree he should not have trespassed. Dangerous creatures lurk in the ancient ruins there, and old secrets are better left alone. Gerlach visited the island frequently, and some believe he may have died out there.

No one has seen Gerlach since the attacks started weeks ago, when he disappeared from his cottage. Villagers report he blamed the wedding rock on Nal-Kashel for a “sickness,” but they explain that going to the rock is simply an old tradition for newlyweds. Children conceived on this honeymoon night are blessed by the sea, but they must eventually return to the waves to repay the gift.

Gerlach is a gillman, born with the sea’s gifts, and is a talented sorcerer and alchemist, concocting brews to aid his fellow fishermen His discoveries on Nal-Kashel drove him mad, and he claimed to be “setting things right with his people.” The villagers claim the island ruins are an old Azlanti city full of dark magic.

The villagers offer you 1000gp of odds, ends, trinkets and valuables if you can cease the attacks.

Village Current standing: Friendly.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las' eyes light up with the mention of Azlanti.

"Can you tell us what creatures are attacking? Do they come in from the sea?"

If the group can spend the night, Las will prepare Comprehend Languages as an extract, unless someone else in the group has this covered.

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

"I am also a Gillman. I hope what Gerlach has done means you have no ill will towards my kind. I will help the village to end this threat."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Rain pounds the lighthouse as lightning flashes, illuminating the murmuring villagers. A shocked cry rings out, and the assembly gazes nervously toward the stairwell leading down. There, seawater creeps steadily upward, approaching the stain that marks the highest tides and flooding the entire lower story.

From outside, you can see the tide rising so high and the storm so fierce, that in the darkness a boat with a villager on it is being tossed and turned. He screams as he is holding on for dear life to the ship, but suddenly he is ripped away from it and pulled into the sea below!

Waves smash against the rocks right at the lighthouse entrance. They are large and unforgiving, taking rocks and terrain with it as it smashes furiously.

GM Screen:

Initiative Darrioos: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Initiative Dolph, Son of a Shepherd: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Initiative Victor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Initiative Tesson: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Initiative Volsung Dreamborn: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Initiative Edwin Towerfall: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Initiative Las Lejas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Initiative Giant Tentacles: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Initiative Crowd: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: Crowd
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Darrioos(-0,Fine)
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-0,Fine)

Crowd(-,Panicked)
???(-,???)
Victor(-0,Fine)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)
Rising Tide(-,???)

Update Penalties - There is now a crowd.

Crowd:

Crowds: Urban streets are often full of people going about their daily lives. In most cases, it isn’t necessary to put every 1st-level commoner on the map when a fight breaks out on the city’s main thoroughfare. Instead, just indicate which squares on the map contain crowds. If crowds see something obviously dangerous, they’ll move away at 30 feet per round at initiative count 0. It takes 2 squares of movement to enter a square with crowds. The crowds provide cover for anyone who does so, enabling a Stealth check and providing a bonus to Armor Class and on Reflex saves.

Directing Crowds: It takes a DC 15 Diplomacy check or DC 20 Intimidate check to convince a crowd to move in a particular direction, and the crowd must be able to hear or see the character making the attempt. It takes a full-round action to make the Diplomacy check, but only a free action to make the Intimidate check.

Slide 3

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

sorry didn't see the map?

"Hurry friends. that villager is trapped"

Darrioos hurries towards the villager.

double move

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Slide 3. You are in the crowd of villagers. Per the crowd rule, we don't make a bunch of individual images, but declare an area as having a lot of people and hard to move through. In this case; the entire map. Feel free to change your post. :)

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

Darrioos isn't a social guy :)

He helps the party get the villagers to move.

aid Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

Volsung raises his arms.

"Good people, fear is our enemy! Be of stout heart and calm spirit!"

Diplomacy + 1 charge of wand of burst of insight: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 3 = 29

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

If it's clear an Aid Another will help, Las will help, he auto-succeeds on Aid with +9. If there are other thing Las can do, open to ideas. Otherwise, Las will try and move to the stairs leading up. Not clear where that is on the map.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

We'll consider you 15 feet up the steps. :) Don't worry too much about it.

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 5| | HP 35/49 | AC 23, T 12, FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F +9 R +5 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc -1 SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 2/2 |Spells: 1st 2/2 |Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: none

diplomacy auto. aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"People calm down! You all need to go up."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Just need Tesson and then we can continue.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dhampir (Ru-Shi) Drunken Dude 6 | HP: 50/50| Permanent Feather Fall | AC: 17 | T: 12 | FF: 16 | CMD: 19 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 (+2 vs mind affecting effects and disease + resists level drain) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1 - 5/6 ; 2 - 2/3 ; Arcane Pool: 5/7 ; Panache: 6/6 ; Fly: 4/5 ; Levitate: 1/1 ; Erase SLA: 3/3

Sorry guys!

Tesson shrugs and follows Las.

Double move as well

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

I moved Volsung five feet forward after his diplomacy attempt. I hope that's OK.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Darrioos(-0,Fine)
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Rising Tide(-,???)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Crowd(-,Panicked)
Victor(-0,Fine)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)

The crowd begins moving towards the stairs, but they are not orderly about it. A lot of shoving, pushing and panicking is going on as this is happening.

Rolph and Victor are up!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 57/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

Dolph hops and jumps so people can see him as he shouts. "EVERYONE. Join the Son of a Shepherd! This is just like when Great Nano came over from the Old Country. Dolph will protect you!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 He gets an extra +2 on diplomacy if the target in unfriendly or hostile

Victor calmly stands next to Dolph, more annoyed at the amount of people around than anything.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Darrioos(-0,Fine)
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)

Giant Tentacles(-,???)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Crowd(-,Panicked)
Victor(-0,Fine)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)

Suddenly the lighthouse shakes violently. Water now rises into this room, going above everyone's knees. Suddenly, tentacles burst into the room and start grabbing villagers left and right!

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las will delay in case anyone in his init group has a group buff to offer

Las draws his whip, swiftly targets the nearest tentacle, and lashes out.

Whip wStudied Target: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Damage (on a hit, the tentacle can't take AoO's for 1 round): 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 5| | HP 35/49 | AC 23, T 12, FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F +9 R +5 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc -1 SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 2/2 |Spells: 1st 2/2 |Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin moves closer to one of the Tentacles and attacks.

+2 scimitar Power attack-Furious Focus: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 = 14

crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

If Edwin's hit didn't take it out, I'll attack the same tentacle that he did. If he did kill it, then I'll attack the next closest tentacle, taking a five foot step if necessary.

Volsung fixes his gaze upon the tentacle ...

Swift action - hypnotic/painful stare

and then attacks with his rapier amidst a cloud of bubbles.

to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
damage, piercing and precise: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (3) + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

Darrioos attacks a tentacle.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"They're all around us!"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine) Target Number: 1d15 ⇒ 7 12
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine) Target Number: 1d15 ⇒ 1 7
Darrioos(-0,Fine) Target Number: 1d15 ⇒ 13 18
Las Lejas(-0,Fine) Target Number: 1d15 ⇒ 5 11
Giant Tentacles(-,???)
Tesson(-0,Fine) Target Number: 1d15 ⇒ 5 10
Crowd(-,Panicked)
Victor(-0,Fine) Target Number: 1d15 ⇒ 2 8
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine) Target Number: 1d15 ⇒ 1
6
Edwin manages to severe one of the tentacles, and Darrioos manages to smack one.

Tentacle Target: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Tentacle Target: 1d20 ⇒ 18

One of the tentacles grabs at Darrioos and at a random villager.
Tentacle Attack VS Darrioos: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Tentacle Damage VS Darrioos: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Tentacle Grab VS Darrioos: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Constrict Damage VS Darrioos: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Darrioos is finding himself being grabbed and pulled around by one of the large tentacles, and the other has one of the villagers!

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine, #12)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine, #7)
Darrioos(-16,Grabbed, #18)
Las Lejas(-0,Fine, #11)
Giant Tentacles(-,???)
Tesson(-0,Fine, #10)
Crowd(-,Panicked)
Victor(-0,Fine, #8)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine, #6)

Reflex Save Dolph, Son of a Shepherd: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Reflex Save Victor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Reflex Save Tesson: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Fail!
Reflex Save Volsung Dreamborn: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Reflex Save Edwin Towerfall: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Reflex Save Las Lejas: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Tesson falls prone as the tower is shook by the giant tentacle attack! Villagers begin to fall off the stairs and more panic ensues!

Tesson, Victor, and Dolph are up!

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Well, someone want to tell me whether I need to grease the villager or Darrioos?

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Or damage the tentacle enough.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Ah yes, that is also an option

Believeing that the party will need the good will of the town, Las calls out, "Free the villager!". Darrioos was much more likely to survive the grip of the tentacles.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dhampir (Ru-Shi) Drunken Dude 6 | HP: 50/50| Permanent Feather Fall | AC: 17 | T: 12 | FF: 16 | CMD: 19 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 (+2 vs mind affecting effects and disease + resists level drain) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1 - 5/6 ; 2 - 2/3 ; Arcane Pool: 5/7 ; Panache: 6/6 ; Fly: 4/5 ; Levitate: 1/1 ; Erase SLA: 3/3

Tesson stands up and casts shocking grasp, holding the charge.

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 57/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

Dolph draws his dorn-dergar and points at the closest tentacle holding Darrioos. "VICTOR. WE HAVE POACHERS." Victor rushes around to the other side to form a flank with his master.

Gore Attack (outflank, power attack): 1d20 + 9 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 4 - 2 = 24
Damage (power attack): 1d4 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 = 16

Dolph swings about his dorn-dergar in a mighty arc. "FEEL THE POWER OF THE WEAPON OF DOLPH'S ANCESTORS."

Attack with +1 Adamantine Dorn-dergar (outflank): 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine, #12)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine, #7)
Darrioos(-16,Grabbed, #18)
Las Lejas(-0,Fine, #11)

Giant Tentacles(-,???)
Tesson(-0,Fine, #10)
Crowd(-,Panicked)
Victor(-0,Fine, #8)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine, #6)

Tentacles Severed: 2
Villagers Grabbed: 1
Villagers Taken: 0

Dolph and Victor smash the tentacle, releasing their comrade Darrioos. The villagers are now in a full panic, forgetting the orders of the Pathfinders as they make even more chaos! The water seems to cease at everyone's knees.

The DC to move the crowd is now 25 Diplomacy and 30 Intimidate. Movement is 10ft per square.

Edwin, Volsung, Darrioos, and Las are up!

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 5| | HP 35/49 | AC 23, T 12, FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F +9 R +5 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc -1 SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 2/2 |Spells: 1st 2/2 |Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin continues to attack Tentacles but now the one that has Villager.
move one square to the north

+2 scimitar Power attack-Furious Focus: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 = 13

crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 = 11

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

Volsung draws attention to Edwin's obliteration of tentacles.

"See good folk! There is nothing to fear. Evil from the sea cannot stand against the power of Iomedae's paladin."

Diplomacy:: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Assuming the diplomacy attempt is my standard action and thus I can't make a melee attack. If one of the tentacles attempts to attack Volsung, he will attempt to parry and riposte.

Also, when Darrios attacks, I'll trigger False Flanker so he has a flanking buddy for his attack.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine, #12)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine, #7)
Darrioos(-16,Fine, #18)
Las Lejas(-0,Fine, #11)

Giant Tentacles(-,???)
Tesson(-0,Fine, #10)
Crowd(-,Panicked)
Victor(-0,Fine, #8)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine, #6)
Rising Tide(-,???)

Tentacles Severed: 3
Villagers Grabbed: 0
Villagers Taken: 0

Edwin cuts the final tentacle hard enough that it drops the villager.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Invoking his wayfinder, Las tries to calm the villagers, "The creature has been beaten back, calm yourselves, please."

DIplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

Darrioos tries to break out out of grasp of the tentacle.

CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine, #12)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine, #7)
Darrioos(-16,Fine, #18)
Las Lejas(-0,Fine, #11)
Giant Tentacles(-,???)
Tesson(-0,Fine, #10)
Crowd(-,Panicked)
Victor(-0,Fine, #8)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine, #6)
Rising Tide(-,???)

Tentacles Severed: 3
Villagers Grabbed: 0
Villagers Taken: 0

Three more tentacles enter the place, looking to grab more people!
Targets: 3d20 ⇒ (7, 2, 14) = 23

Two go for villagers, but only one finds a target. The third reaches for Volsung.

Attack Roll Tentacle Attack VS Volsung: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Attack Roll Tentacle Grab VS Voilsung: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Damage Roll Tentacle Attack VS Volsung: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

It misses Volsung!

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine, #12)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine, #7)
Darrioos(-16,Fine, #18)
Las Lejas(-0,Fine, #11)
Giant Tentacles(-,???)
Tesson(-0,Fine, #10)
Crowd(-,Panicked)
Victor(-0,Fine, #8)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine, #6)

Tentacles Severed: 3
Villagers Grabbed: 1
Villagers Taken: 0

The crowd continues panicking! They are not responsive at your attempts of controlling them.

Tesson, Victor, Dolph are up!

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

Volsung was planning on parrying any attack against him.

Rapier parry (-2 v larger opponent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Rather uselessly as things turn out.

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 57/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

Dolph and Victor take advantage of their already perfect positioning to launch another team barrage of blows on the new tentacle.

Dolph Attack with +1 Adamantine Dorn-Dergar (outflank): 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 = 20
Dolph Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Victor Gore (outflank, power attack): 1d20 + 9 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 - 2 = 17
Victor Gore Damage (power attack): 1d4 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 6 = 15

101 to 150 of 399 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Worg's From Shore to Sea (Lvl 5-7) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.