GM Worg's From Shore to Sea (Lvl 5-7)

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

Maps | Chronicles


1 to 50 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Scroll from a Mysterious Benefactor:

According to the few remaining accounts, the Azlanti outpost of
Nal-Kashel was a shining testament to the glories and revelations of the old empire. A crowning achievement of engineering, the city served as an ancient observatory and center of learning, and a necessary pilgrimage site for the educated elite of Old Azlant. But even then, dark rumors hinted at forbidden astrological manipulations of alien realms, and whispers claimed a terrible force guided the minds of Nal-Kashel’s scholars.

Earthfall brought low the glorious empire, and Nal-Kashel sank below the waves, its halls home now to sharks and eels. Only the highest spires and deserted streets of the elevated temple district remain above the sea, while broken tower tops float through the sky above in slow, elliptical orbits about the island, a forlorn testament to the city’s former glory.

You all are called upon a unique assignment to explore the Azlanti outpost of Nal-Kashel. This will require you to passage through a Cheliax channel known as Hellmouth Gulf, which is avoided by many ships for good reason. Thankfully a small schooner ship was hired to take you on this trip and it can navigate the inhospitable coastline.

Sharp rocks jut up from the waves all along the coast, like the gaping maw of some foul beast. You have had some time to meet and greet with each other while on this voyage.

Go ahead and post introductions to each other, and post in the Discussion tab as well.

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

A gillman in leather armor and carrying a short sword enters the room.

"I've heard we're going to Cheliax...should be interested"

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 5| | HP 35/49 | AC 23, T 12, FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F +9 R +5 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc -1 SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 2/2 |Spells: 1st 2/2 |Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: none

A tall man stands proudly in his shiny armor holding his longsword.
"Cheliax you say! Hmm..."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dhampir (Ru-Shi) Drunken Dude 6 | HP: 50/50| Permanent Feather Fall | AC: 17 | T: 12 | FF: 16 | CMD: 19 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 (+2 vs mind affecting effects and disease + resists level drain) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1 - 5/6 ; 2 - 2/3 ; Arcane Pool: 5/7 ; Panache: 6/6 ; Fly: 4/5 ; Levitate: 1/1 ; Erase SLA: 3/3

Behind barrels, a man stands up with great difficulty from the deck as he hears the voices. He lets out a yelp as the pathfinders speak. He clearly doesn't seem well and has grey-ish skin.

"Come oooon. Why dya need to yell so loud soooo early in dy aft'noon..." says the man, holding his head.

He stays with a gaping mouth, clearly not getting what is going on. "Izzz... iz dis anoder missshion?" he asks, squinting his eyes at the two pathfinders and the crew around getting busy.

"I zought I recieved sum ledder..." he says, searching erratically in his gear. As he does so, you catch a glimpse of a mithral chainmail beneath the rags the man is currently wearing. He also wears a bandoleer with several tankards made of tin.

Giving up on the search, he snatches a tankard with a bit of ale behind a barrel, stirs himself and gulps it down quickly, wipes his mouth with the back of the hand and burps loudly.

"By Cayden's Holy Tankard! (Tm) I look like a mess! Pardon me, companions, for I completely forgot to present myself. My name is Tesson. And this is Compost, my trusty mangoose!" he says with a large grin, missing several teeth and reeking of bad alcohol.

You indeed catch a glimpse of a pair of eyes under the rags. Its quick tongue sips beer from a miniature tankard strapped on Tesson's shoulder.

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5
Edwin Towerfall wrote:

A tall man stands proudly in his shiny armor holding his longsword.

"Cheliax you say! Hmm..."

I had a slight chuckle when you said tall man cause I know that icon is a picture of a Halfling :)

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 5| | HP 35/49 | AC 23, T 12, FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F +9 R +5 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc -1 SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 2/2 |Spells: 1st 2/2 |Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: none
Darrioos wrote:
Edwin Towerfall wrote:

A tall man stands proudly in his shiny armor holding his longsword.

"Cheliax you say! Hmm..."
I had a slight chuckle when you said tall man cause I know that icon is a picture of a Halfling :)

:)

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

A tall, slim figure who had been on deck gazing at the horizon enters the cabin after the gillman. Elements of his appearance hint at an extra-planar heritage. His skin has a light violet hue, and his hair is metallic gold in color. Finally and most strikingly, his eyes are a hypnotic, luminescent pale blue and seem to be focused on some point far beyond the cabin’s walls.

He wears a silver and black-enamelled brooch in the shape of a butterfly on a mithral shirt, and there is a rapier at his side.

He speaks quietly but it is not difficult to hear him.

Cheliax – a place of nightmares not dreams of quietude. I have traveled its borders but have not had the misfortune of journeying into its interior.

He smiles at the company but avoids any sort of eye contact.

Greetings, I am called Volsung Dreamseer. While I have visited many lands as a Pathfinder, this is my first time exploring beneath the surface of the sea. That and a chance to study the language of the Azlanti intrigue me greatly.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The schooner ship gets as close as it can to the coastline, before it sends you all off in rowboats to the shore. "We'll be taking our leave now, and heading back to Absalom. Best of luck, Pathfinders!"

Now with only the fog growing in and an ominous feeling around you, the trip to the shoreline begins...

*************************************************

A low fog hangs along the shore, refusing to release its grip in the pervasive gloom of an overcast morning. The surf crashes against nearby cliffs, and the cold wind carries a spray of fine mist. But then a cry of distress rings out over the briny current!

Shouts of pain echo as a fisherman in an old rowboat wields a single broken oar against an enormous crab. The man struggles to reach the rocks and the safety of a small inlet nearby.

GM Screen:

Initiative Darrioos: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Initiative Dolph, Son of a Shepherd: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Initiative Victor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Initiative Tesson: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Initiative Volsung Dreamborn: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Initiative Edwin Towerfall: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Initiative Las Lejas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Initiative Blue Giant Crab: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Initiative Red Giant Crab: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Initiative Green Giant Crab: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Initiative Orange Giant Crab: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Red Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)
Blue Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Darrioos(-0,Fine)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)
Orange Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Victor(-0,Fine)
Green Giant Crab(-0,Fine)

Knowledge Nature DC12:

Giant Crab
N Medium Vermin Aquatic
This lumbering hard-shelled crab stands as tall as a dwarf, its massive pincers waving menacingly.
1 Question @17, 2 Questions @22

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las spends the trip getting familiar with the rest of the party. When he learns that the group will have to row to show, he prepares a touch of the sea extract before getting in the boat.

When Las sees the crabs, he recalls what he can to the rest of the party.

K. Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 + Free Inspiration: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Giant Crab Info:

Water Dependency (Ex) Giant crabs can survive out of the water for 1 hour per point of Constitution. Beyond this limit, a giant crab runs the risk of suffocation, as if it were drowning.

Special Attacks constrict (1d4+2)

Immune mind-affecting effects

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las drink his shield extract and advances toward the red crab, drawing his stinging whip.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Red Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)

Blue Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Darrioos(-0,Fine)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)
Orange Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Victor(-0,Fine)
Green Giant Crab(-0,Fine)

The red crab continues rocking the boat and trying to tip the sailor into the waters.

Red Crab CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The sailor falls into the waters. What will you do now, Pathfinders?!
Volsung, Tesson, and Edwin are up!

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

Volsung moves quickly along the water's edge and turns his gaze upon the blue crab.

Move action and swift action to use hypnotic stare.

He then casts Color Spray on the blue crab.

Volsung has the Psychic Inception Bold Stare which allows him to affect creatures otherwise immune to mind-affecting effects, albeit at a +2 to their saving thrown and a 50% each round of ignoring the effect. He also has mesmerist ability Mental Potency which increases the HD limit and total number of HD affected of spells such as color spray.

The -2 penalty caused by Volsung's Hypnotic Stare will be canceled by the +2 bonus the crab gets, so the final DC of the Color Spray will be 16.

If one of the crabs attacks Volsung, he'll trigger his Mesmeric Mirror as a free action, creating two Mirror Image-like duplicates, and if any attacks make it past that, he will attempt to parry with his rapier, +10 to hit and 5 AOOs/parry attempts per round.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dhampir (Ru-Shi) Drunken Dude 6 | HP: 50/50| Permanent Feather Fall | AC: 17 | T: 12 | FF: 16 | CMD: 19 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 (+2 vs mind affecting effects and disease + resists level drain) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1 - 5/6 ; 2 - 2/3 ; Arcane Pool: 5/7 ; Panache: 6/6 ; Fly: 4/5 ; Levitate: 1/1 ; Erase SLA: 3/3

Tesson begins to float slightly in the air, tankard in hand and flies towards the crabs. His tankard begins to pulse with arcane energy.

"Caydeeeeeeeeen!!!!" shouts boldly Tesson.

Standard to activate fly hex and move to move (he has a 60 ft flying speed), swift to use 1 point from his arcane pool to make his tankard magical.

If Tesson is attacked:

Tesson tries to parry and riposte!

Parry?: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14

Riposte Mighty Magical Tankard: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 = 17
for Blugeonning: 1d3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Will Save Blue Giant Crab: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Blinded and Stunned: 1d4 ⇒ 4

The blue crab appears to be out of commission for a good length of time.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Red Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)
Blue Giant Crab(-0,Stunned 5 Blinded 5)
Darrioos(-0,Fine)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)

Orange Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Victor(-0,Fine)
Green Giant Crab(-0,Fine)

Since blue is out for 5 rounds, Darrioos and Dolph are now on initiative.

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 57/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

Earlier

This dwarf is thin and clear-faced enough that he could easily be mistaken for a gnome, especially with his blue hair. He hefts a bag of various vegetables, grains, and meats. He hums a traditional Dwarven tune to himself while he walks up to the rest of the group. "HELLO, fine gents and ladies. I am Dolph, Son of Shepherd, and this is Victor. Say hello Victor!" He turns to the white goat next to him which continues to nonchalantly chew on grass. Dolph pats Victor and laughs heartily. "You are a funny fellow, Victor!" He then turns back to all of you. "I am an urban farmer of Erastil, yes? Please, enjoy some of the great production of nature!" He then offers everyone their choice of one handful from his bag.

He has 5 pounds each of: potatoes, turnips, oranges, cheese, nuts, chicken, and bacon

Now

Dolph draws his dorn-dergar as he waddles to the front lines, calling to Victor as he does. "VICTOR. We have POACHERS."

At this notice, Victor perks up and drops the grass he was munching on. He follows after his master and takes up a position next to him, reading himself for a charge.

They both double move

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 5| | HP 35/49 | AC 23, T 12, FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F +9 R +5 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc -1 SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 2/2 |Spells: 1st 2/2 |Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin takes out his sword and moves closer to the action.

double move

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

Darrioos will move towards the sailor and try and help him.

"I'm coming!"

double move

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Red Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)
Blue Giant Crab(-0,Stunned 5 Blinded 5)
Darrioos(-0,Fine)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)
Victor(-0,Fine)
Orange Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Green Giant Crab(-0,Fine)

The crabs turn their attention away from the sailor to attack the oncoming rush of other tasty morsels.

Orange Crab Claw #1 Attack Darrioos: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Orange Crab Claw #2 Attack Darrioos: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Orange Crab Claw #1 Damage Darrioos: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Orange Crab Claw #2 Damage Darrioos: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Orange Crab Grab Attempt #1 Darrioos: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Orange Crab Grab Attempt #2 Darrioos: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Green Crab Claw #1 Attack Tesson: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Green Crab Claw #1 Damage Tesson: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Green Crab Grab Attempt #1 Tesson: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

The green crab fails to even connect to the drunken brawler, but the gillman Darrioos finds himself being pinched left and right by the orange crab. The second pinch manages to grab him!

Actions Taken
Orange: Full Round Darrioos
Green: Move, Attack Tesson
Darrioos: 9 Damage, Grabbed
Tesson: 0 Damage!

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Red Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)
Blue Giant Crab(-0,Stunned 5 Blinded 5)
Darrioos(-9,Grabbed)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)
Victor(-0,Fine)
Orange Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Green Giant Crab(-0,Fine)

Oh no, Paizanos! It looks like Darrioos has been taken hostage by an oversized crustacean! Will the Pathfinder Las Lejas turn things around, or will the giant crab have a meal to bite? Stay tuned!

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Seeing Darrioos grabbed by one of the crabs, he reaches into his haversack and pulls out a wand fo grease and tries to coat Darrioos' armor.

UMD+Free Inspiration: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 12 + (6) = 32

"The grease weill make it easier to escape the crab's grasp!"

grease spell for reference

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Red Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)
Blue Giant Crab(-0,Stunned 5 Blinded 5)
Darrioos(-9,Grabbed, Greased)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)
Victor(-0,Fine)
Orange Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Green Giant Crab(-0,Fine)

The red crab moves towards the shore to attack the nearest pathfinder it can reach for.

Red Crab Claw #1 Attack Volsung Dreamborn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Red Crab Claw #1 Damage Volsung Dreamborn: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Red Crab Grab Attempt #1 Volsung Dreamborn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Volsung Dreamborn wrote:
If one of the crabs attacks Volsung, he'll trigger his Mesmeric Mirror as a free action, creating two Mirror Image-like duplicates, and if any attacks make it past that, he will attempt to parry with his rapier, +10 to hit and 5 AOOs/parry attempts per round.

No need for it this time since the crab missed.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Red Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)

Blue Giant Crab(-0,Stunned 5 Blinded 5)
Darrioos(-9,Grabbed, Greased)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)
Victor(-0,Fine)

Orange Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Green Giant Crab(-0,Fine)

The pathfinders have a chance to turn this fight even more to their favor! Can they stop the giant crabs and rescue the fisherman? Stay tuned!

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 5| | HP 35/49 | AC 23, T 12, FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F +9 R +5 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc -1 SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 2/2 |Spells: 1st 2/2 |Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin steps closer to the red crab and swings with his scimitar.

+2 scimitar Power attack-Furious Focus: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 = 11

crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Male Dhampir (Ru-Shi) Drunken Dude 6 | HP: 50/50| Permanent Feather Fall | AC: 17 | T: 12 | FF: 16 | CMD: 19 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 (+2 vs mind affecting effects and disease + resists level drain) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1 - 5/6 ; 2 - 2/3 ; Arcane Pool: 5/7 ; Panache: 6/6 ; Fly: 4/5 ; Levitate: 1/1 ; Erase SLA: 3/3

What about my parry and riposte from last turn vs green crab? Did it fail?

Tesson concentrates himself and tries to cast a spell as part of his attack! His tankard now begins to crack with electrical energy!

Concentration, DC 17: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

But quickly stops! booh!

Tesson attacks the green crab none the less!

Mighty Magical Tankard, flank: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 34 Threat!
for Blugeonning: 1d3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9

Confirm?: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 15 Nope!

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

Volsung wades out into the surf to attack the crab which has grabbed Darrioos.

Move action - moving two squares into what looks to be about four feet of water.  Is this OK? Volsung will depend on his Mesmeric Mirror and Parry ability if red makes an AOO against him.

Volsung turns his gaze towards the orange crab. Swift action - Hypnotic Stare

He then stabs at it with his rapier.  As he does so, a stream of iridescent bubbles shots out its tip wreathing Volsung and the crab is a shimmering cloud.

Spoiler:
Boon from GMing #9-14: Down the Verdant Path, no mechanical effect, just silliness

To Hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (5) + 2 = 17
piercing + precision damage from Painful Stare

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Red Giant Crab(-11,Fine)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)
Blue Giant Crab(-0,Stunned 5 Blinded 5)
Darrioos(-9,Grabbed, Greased)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)
Victor(-0,Fine)

Orange Giant Crab(-0,Fine)
Green Giant Crab(-16,Fine)

Tesson wrote:
What about my parry and riposte from last turn vs green crab? Did it fail?

Thanks for reminding me!

Tesson manages to parry the crab and punish it with a swift smack of the mug!

****************************

Volsung Dreamborn wrote:

Move action - moving two squares into what looks to be about four feet of water. Is this OK?

Yeah that is fine.

Volsung thrusts his blade, but it fails to pierce the crab's shell.

Dolph, Victor, and Darrioos are up!

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

Darrioos tries to escape from the crab.

escape artist w/grease: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

"Thanks for the spell"


AC 22 T 13 FF 19| Current HP 33/33 (DR 5/evil, Resist Acid Cold Electricity 10) | F +6 R +8 (evasion) W +4 (+4 more vs enchant)| SR 11| Init +3 | Perc +6 (scent, darkvision, low light vision)

Victor stamps his hoof against the ground then charges off at the nearest crab.Red

Using Minotaur's Charge

Gore Attack (charge, power attack): 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 29
Damage (power attack, powerful charge): 1d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 6 = 18
Confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 28
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 6 = 15

Free Bull Rush (improved bull rush, charge: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 31

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 57/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

Dolph hurries up after Victor, then seems to grow to immense size. Using Growth Domain enlarge as a swift action. He keeps his dorn-dergar in reach mode at all times unless specified otherwise

"FEEL THE POWER OF THE HAIRLESS OTTER, BUGS OF THE SEA!"

He twirls around his massive dwarven wrecking ball and smacks it into the crab with orange markings.

Attack with +1 Dorn-dergar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Damage (enlarged): 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 1) + 8 = 17
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Crit Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 1) + 8 = 17

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Red Giant Crab(-44,Very Dead)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-0,Fine)
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)
Blue Giant Crab(-0,Stunned 5 Blinded 5)
Darrioos(-9,Greased)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)
Victor(-0,Fine)
Orange Giant Crab(-17,Fine)
Green Giant Crab(-16,Fine)

Darrioos manages to squirm his way out of the giant crab's grip!

Victor rams full speed into the crab, and it is launched out further into the ocean with a few of its limbs broken off! That crab is dead without a doubt.

Dolph's battlecry and attack deal a hefty blow against the crab! It was only luck that prevented the orange marked crab from being smashed completely.

Attack Roll Orange Crab Claw #1 VS Darrioos: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Attack Roll Orange Crab Claw #2 VS Darrioos: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage Roll Orange Crab Claw #1 VS Darrioos: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage Roll Orange Crab Claw #2 VS Darrioos: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Attack Roll Orange Crab Grab Attempt #1 VS Darrioos: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Attack Roll Orange Crab Grab Attempt #2 VS Darrioos: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Attack Roll Green Crab Claw #1 VS Tesson: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Attack Roll Green Crab Claw #2 VS Tesson: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage Roll Green Crab Claw #1 VS Tesson: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage Roll Green Crab Claw #2 VS Tesson: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Attack Roll Green Crab Grab Attempt #1 VS Tesson: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Attack Roll Green Crab Grab Attempt #2 VS Tesson: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Much pinching occurs, but the crabs do not manage to grab their intended targets.

Actions Taken
Orange: Full Round Attack Darrioos
Green: Full Round Attack Tesson
Darrioos: 4 Damage
Tesson: 6 Damage

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Las Lejas(-0,Fine)
Red Giant Crab(-44,Very Dead)
Volsung Dreamborn(-0,Fine)
Tesson(-6,Fine)
Edwin Towerfall(-0,Fine)

Blue Giant Crab(-0,Stunned 5 Blinded 5)
Darrioos(-13,Fine)
Dolph, Son of a Shepherd(-0,Fine)
Victor(-0,Fine)

Orange Giant Crab(-17,Fine)
Green Giant Crab(-16,Fine)

The Pathfinders have the crab army on the run! Will they finish them off with a decisive blow?!

GM Note: I am going to love this table :)

ALL Pathfinders are up!

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

Wreathed in sea spray and shining bubbles, Volsung tries again to get through the thick shell of the crab in front of him.

Free action - maintain Hypnotic/Painful Stare

Rapier to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
magic/piercing damage plus Painful Stare precision damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (5) + 2 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Male Dhampir (Ru-Shi) Drunken Dude 6 | HP: 50/50| Permanent Feather Fall | AC: 17 | T: 12 | FF: 16 | CMD: 19 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 (+2 vs mind affecting effects and disease + resists level drain) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1 - 5/6 ; 2 - 2/3 ; Arcane Pool: 5/7 ; Panache: 6/6 ; Fly: 4/5 ; Levitate: 1/1 ; Erase SLA: 3/3

"WHAAAT? YOU try to hurt Caydenen's holy smiter? TAKE THIS!" shouts Tesson enraged, a vein bulging on his forehead.

He mumbles a few words and magical energy appears on the tankard.

Spellstrike Arcane Mark

Concentration, DC 15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Mighty Magical Tankard, flank: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 16
for Blugeonning: 1d3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7

Mighty Magical Tankard, flank: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 21
for Blugeonning: 1d3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

The first time it hits, a picture of male genitalia appears on the crab's shell.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las moves forward, making sure the crab on Darrioos is within reach. The investigator quickly studies his mark Studied Combat as swift action and then lashes out with his whip.

Stinging Whip w Studied Combat: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Las initiates a studied strike.

Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Studied Strike damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 <-This ends my studied combat on the orange crab

Las has Sapping Offensive: When the investigator damages a studied target, that creature cannot make attacks of opportunity for 1 round. An investigator must be at least 5th level to select this talent.

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 5| | HP 35/49 | AC 23, T 12, FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F +9 R +5 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc -1 SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 2/2 |Spells: 1st 2/2 |Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin comes closer to Green crab and swings.

+2 scimitar Power attack-Furious Focus: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 = 14

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 57/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

Dolph shrinks back down and motions for Victor to hold a moment while he closes on the giant enemy crabs first, slamming his dorn-dergar into the orange crab once more. Move attack to blue if Tesson has already dropped it

"BEGONE, THIEVES OF GREAT NANO'S LEFT EYEBALL!"

Attack with +1 Adamantine Dorn-dergar vs Orange (flank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


AC 22 T 13 FF 19| Current HP 33/33 (DR 5/evil, Resist Acid Cold Electricity 10) | F +6 R +8 (evasion) W +4 (+4 more vs enchant)| SR 11| Init +3 | Perc +6 (scent, darkvision, low light vision)

Assuming the squares in the water are difficult terrain, so no Victor charge :(

Victor looks ready to charge again, but Dolph waves him off, pointing to the water. Victor is visibly agitated by not having the opportunity to act on his instincts, and bounds forward to gore the closest offending creature.

Gore vs Blue (flank, power attack): 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 18
Damage (power attack): 1d4 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 6 = 15

He does have the flank trick

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

Darrioos stabs blue if it's up

"Dammed things find food elsewhere"

attack with flank: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 2) = 8

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The absolute onslaught of attacks from the Pathfinders completely overwhelms and crushes the crabs. Bits of crab are smashed everywhere and broken shell fragments can be found everywhere in the water.

The fisherman then gets back on his rowboat, looking absolutely exhausted and beaten up. "Th.. Thank you Please, help me get to shore." The fisherman pulls at his wet, ruined clothes as he wipes seawater from his many lacerations and licks his cracked, sunburnt lips. He looks like he has been through a very rough time.

Grand Lodge

male Gillman Rog 6 HP 46 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 16 | F +7; R +11; W +4 | CMB+5; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +12 rogue 5

Darrioos drags the fisherman back to the shore.

"What happened out there?"

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 57/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

Dolph happily helps hold up the fisherman. Once they get him to shore, "Do not feel like moldy boysenberries, fish man." Dolph pulls out a gift and places it in his hand. "A fine strip of bacon, yes?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las examines the boat to see what might have provoked the crabs.

Take 20 = 30

When he has a moment, Las prepares another extract of Shield. When the party start its approach to the lighthouse, Las drinks his False Life extract.

Temp HP: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Dhampir (Ru-Shi) Drunken Dude 6 | HP: 50/50| Permanent Feather Fall | AC: 17 | T: 12 | FF: 16 | CMD: 19 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 (+2 vs mind affecting effects and disease + resists level drain) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1 - 5/6 ; 2 - 2/3 ; Arcane Pool: 5/7 ; Panache: 6/6 ; Fly: 4/5 ; Levitate: 1/1 ; Erase SLA: 3/3

"Haha! Never provoke a fine servant of Cayderan cadelar!" says Tesson, choking down a flask of what looks like a pretty poor choice of alcohol.

He then looks at Dolph and squints his eyes.
"Whatchu talkin' aboot? Are ye speaking another languidge?"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The fisherman looks very confused by Dolph's expression, but upon seeing food he lightens up a bit. "Thank you." He takes the offered bacon and starts snacking on it.

"My name is Adler. Adler Vanderholt. I reside in Blackcove, and it is where I just fled. I am not a native of the village, but my wife is. She was wrestled away by..." He starts to lock up for a moment, gathering strength to say the next few words. "Creatures of the deep—unnatural, shambling things! Something has riled up these creatures, and they keep coming to kidnap people... My wife." He starts to break down, crying.

After a few moments, he recomposes himself a bit. "The island. There is some kind of sea witch there. She's a conjurer, and brought the creatures of the deep out. Please, I am begging you. Blackcove needs help. Please, help them."

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 5| | HP 35/49 | AC 23, T 12, FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F +9 R +5 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc -1 SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 2/2 |Spells: 1st 2/2 |Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: none

"Your wife! We will help you but you need to tell us everything you know!"

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 5/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 21 (14 t, 17 f) | CMB +3 CMD 18 | F:+4, R:+11, W:+10 | Init +11 | Perception +9, Darkvision, Sense Motive +8 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells: 1:6/6, 2:2/3 | Panache 5/6

Volsung quietly approaches the fisherman, moving calmly so as to appear nonthreatening and reassuring.

May I touch your arm?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

If he allows Volsung to do so, Volsung can remove the shaken condition which might contribute to making him more calm and relaxed and less worried about his wife.

Please do not overly trouble yourself. We will do everything in our power to aid you, your wife, and your community against this witch.

If stronger psychological care is needed, Volsung has the placebo spell and the occult hypnotism ability, though he would not use the later without the person's permission.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las offer the injured Darrioos a tap with his wand of infernal healing Heals 10 hps

UMD+Inspiration: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 12 + (5) = 25

1 to 50 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Worg's From Shore to Sea (Lvl 5-7) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.