[CORE] #4-09 The Blakros Matrimony

Game Master Ilmakis


51 to 100 of 139 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus sees Cloudia heading to Hamaria and will tag along.

Aid to Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
"If this woman is offering to help, I'd suggest you take her up on it, milady. Aurus Goldson, at your - "

As Aurus walks up to help Cloudia, he collides with a server, spilling wine everywhere. He fails to add anything else substantive, as he's simultaneously trying to clean up the wine and surreptiously check that his new tabard hasn't been sullied.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Coudia's eyes widen as Aurus bubles around causing chaos, and tries her best to keep Hamaria's attention on herself.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Uldar observes Jeon and talks to him a little bit. The Tien smiles a lot and between two drinks answers Uldar's question I hope to get back to my business as soon as possible. But I will certainly indulge some of the best drink house of Absalom! I hope that your friend Jack will join me. He's quite a guy! You could join us, Pathfinders seems to me like good partners to have.

Even if Jeon does a fair job of hiding his drunkiness Uldar notices his slurred speech and wobbly gait. Taking advantage of his condition is as simple as offering him drinks, loosening his tongue, and hindering his judgment.
Uldar also notice that the guy seems to have a very good view of the Pathfinders.

* * *

Cloudia approaches with Aurus lady Blakros. Despite the spilling of wine by Aurus, Cloudia words and manners recovers quickly the breach of etiquette from her friend to the Eyes of Lady Hamaria.
Thank you for the help, my lady, but I'm not the one in need today. she quickly turns her piercing gaze on Aurus and continues Today, is the Day of my daughter, Michellia.
But you remind me of Eleanir, her sister... she unfortunately couldn't make it, as she's adventuring in northern Garund with several of her cousins.

Welcome Party (2 influence check)
- Cloudia (1 influence check done)
- Aurus (1 "aid" done)
- Jack (2 influences check done)
- Uldar (1 influence check done, 1 Discovery done)
- Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 2, no discovery)
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check)
Alexander N/A
Hamalia (talked 1, no discovery)
Other guests N/A

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus will walk over to Rubaani, still dripping with the wine. He stands for a moment silently, before leaning over to her. "You want some wine? The presentation is atrocious, but the vintage seems pretty solid." He cracks a smirk to show that he's making a joke.

Diplomacy, +4 discovery: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 4 = 26

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia approaches Rubaani too, arm in arm with Aurus (partly to keep him out of trouble), trying to put a little extra swagger into her stride. In spite of the fact that she knows next to nothing about security or military matters, she tries to leverage her experiences troubleshooting for the society.

"You know, I am here with a bunch of trained troubleshooters from the Pathfinder's Society. Let me know if we can offer any help with security here. You know how it is, fighting demons from the dark tapestry, protecting Absalom from invasion, and then there is the inevitable tombs full of undead. Where were you on the day Absalom was assaulted?"

diplomacy, discovery: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 4 = 27, Also have a boon from Assault on Absalom - Evenhanded Investigator +2 [circumstance] diplomacy with guards and officials in Absalom which might qualify here.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Rubaani smiles at Aurus and Cloudia Ah! Pathfinders,right? Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I've already discussed with some of your comrades. Good lads.
She makes a sign with her hands to Aurus Never on duty. I need to stay sharp and be sure that all is going as smoothly as possible.
Turning back to Cloudia she adds Yes, you seems quite competent. I will certainly ask you for help if anything goes wrong. But I hope that I will not need to call you and that the security I put in place will be enough to handle any problem that could arise.

Cloudia and Aurus are quite certain that Rubaani is on the Pathfinder side and don't need to be convince anymore.

Welcome Party (2 influence check)
- Cloudia (2 influence check done)
- Aurus (1 "aid" & 1 influence check done)
- Jack (2 influences check done)
- Uldar (1 influence check done, 1 Discovery done)
- Travail 2 rolls to go

Guests
Nigel (talked 2, no discovery)
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 4, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Alexander N/A
Hamalia (talked 1, no discovery)
Other guests N/A

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

We are just waiting on Travail, right?

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Travail, who mysteriously wandered off into the shadows, appears besides Alexander, former suitor of the bride, and tips his head toward the wedding gathering. "A fine gathering," he says, raising a glass of wine, "to Andora, and to the beautiful bride."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

And perhaps it's their shared stubble, but he somehow seems to hit his mark.

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

I'm not exactly sure how this discovery stuff works mechanically, but I'll give it a shot.

Travail keeps talking, hoping to get a bit of information from Alexander about the bride. "Quite the catch, Michellia, eh?

Sense Motive, discovery: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Alexander smiles at Travail and raises his glasses to Travail's toast.
Yes, a lot of good people. Remind me of some of the gathering of the People Council. May be you don't know but I'm from humble origins, my parents were working class people but thanks to the way Andoran is working I was able to elevate to a position of power.
I hope that the Pathfinders will continue to work alongside Andoran and try not to get closer to Taldor
he takes a look at Lady Glorianna or Cheliax... as he takes another look toward Lady Dralneen.
As Travail tries to talk Alexander about the bride, the councilman seems to be lost in his reveries for a few seconds before he quickly responds. Yes, she is.

The party is at its height when you see Lady Hamaria Blakros quickly welcoming a new guest of importance. Other guests starts whispering and a lot of faces turn to the newcomer.
Tancred Desimire, Representative of the Chelish government and cousin of the groom (through marriage), is a middle-aged man with carefully trimmed black hair and a distinctly retreating hairline. The Chelish noble is dressed in fine black attire and looks on at all the activities around him in sinister amusement.

Both him and Lady Dralneen exchange stares and avoid themselves as much as they could.

Welcome Party "arrival of a new guest" (1 influence check)
- Cloudia
- Aurus
- Jack
- Uldar
- Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 2, no discovery)
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 4, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Alexander (talked 1, no discovery)
Hamalia (talked 1, no discovery)
Tancred Desimire N/A
Other guests N/A

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Uldar will talk to Tancred.

"Chelish fashion has always fascinated me. It seems to represent Cheliax in every fiber"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Tranced smiles devilishly to Uldar and says Yes, that's right. You get what you look. As I used to say.
I need to show the one under me who I am and who I represent and I'm the perfect exemple of that. I represent Cheliax in all its Power and Magnificence, not like some little wretch who dare to show here.
at this moment his gaze turns quickly to where Lady Zarta stands.

Uldar sense that Tancred Desimire is ambitious to a fault, and while he has moved quickly up the ranks of the Thrune government’s bureaucracy, he can be easily angered if you bring up certain reminders at how far he has left to climb. During the wedding, he is most easily placed off-balance by mentioning Paracountess Zarta Dralneen or his brother, Aglorn Desimire. Uldar remembers that Aglorn was a member of the Aspis Consortium, and was killed by a team of Pathfinders in the isolated demiplane contained within the Hao Jin Tapestry.
Tancred holds no ill will against the Pathfinder Society for his brother’s death, believing Aglorn made his own bed by joining the unscrupulous Aspis Consortium. He does, however, blame Dralneen, whose representatives among the Pathfinders left behind a token of the paracountess’s ire. Furthermore, he believes that the Pathfinders planted a letter on Aglorn’s body decrying the House of Thrune, and putting Tancred at risk of reprisal.
Uldar thinks that If he or his comrades should mention either his late brother or the Paracountess, Tancred will lose his composure and quickly tries to extricate himself from the conversation, leaving himself open for one well-worded attempted at influencing him.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Welcome Party "arrival of a new guest" (1 influence check)
- Cloudia
- Aurus
- Jack
- Uldar (discovery on Tancred)
- Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 2, no discovery)
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 4, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Alexander (talked 1, no discovery)
Hamalia (talked 1, no discovery)
Tancred Desimire ( Discovery +4 to your influence check)
Other guests N/A

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Armed with that knowledge, Cloudia approaches the Cheliax nobleman.

"Good evening, sir. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Cloudia, and I am one of the representatives from the Pathfinders. Well, except for the paracountess. She's not with us. Not sure why she is here. She always makes me a bit nervous."

Not sure if Cloudia makes a roll, or she is just the one who sets someone else up by mentioning Zarta as you described, or whether that counts as an action. Not even sure if he allows the conversation to continue or if he leaves.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

@Cloudia using the knowledge Uldar gives you a +4 to your Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate to try to influence Tancred.
You still need to make a roll to influence him.

Who you said? I would prefer not to talk about her! She's all what a Chelaxian must not be! as he speaks Tancred starts to loose his cool!
It's time for Cloudia to try to use this to her advantage!

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

bluff, advantage: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 4 = 28

Cloudia waits for an opportune moment when she is either headed in their direction or looking there way.

"And I'm not sure she should be a Pathfinder either... Wait! Don't look now, but I thinks she's coming over here!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Going in for the old one-two punch, Jack moves in to assist Cloudia, nodding vigorously.

"Agreed! It looks like she is heading this way! A confrontation at the wedding would be most unfortunate..."

Bluff Vs Tancred: 1d20 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) - 2 + 2 + 4 = 22.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Between Cloudia and Jack Tancred seems quite on edge and nods vigorously to the two Pathfinders.
Yes Yes! You Pathfinders seem to be good way of dealing with this sort of things. Please, keep her away from me! I'm sure you will find a way.

After a last nod to both of the Pathfinder he excuses himself as quickly as possible.

Welcome Party "arrival of a new guest" (1 influence check)
- Cloudia (influence on Tancred)
- Aurus
- Jack (influence on Tancred)
- Uldar (discovery on Tancred)
- Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 2, no discovery)
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 4, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Alexander (talked 1, no discovery)
Hamalia (talked 1, no discovery)
Tancred Desimire (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check)
Other guests N/A

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus will walk up to Nigel, carefully giving any servers a particularly wide berth - except the young man offering tankards to the guests.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"Nigel! Good to see you, glad you're looking better than last time. Kept the museum from burning down? No more poorly-planned exhibits gone amok? No Numerian artifacts firing lasers anywhere? I kid, I kid, here, have a mead." He foists a tankard on the half-elf (whether Nigel wants it or not) and gives him a hearty slap on the back. "Seriously though, gotta tell you - great museum, used to love going there as a kid. Wish I had more time to peacefully peruse exhibits on the last few visits though." The paladin rolls his eyes.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack continues to be utterly bemused by all of this, and thoroughly surprised by the fact that no-one has noticed just how out of his depth he is!


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Nigel at first don't seem happy to see another Pathfinder coming to him. But Aurus natural charm and kind words, and also the tankard he provides, put the tipsy half-elf at ease.
Yeah, I like when people from Absalom come to visit! It's my greatest pride! I like when kids wonder at the marvels we gather here. Not all people have the chance to be able to travel Golarion and see by themselves the different wonders we are able to put in the museum. It's also, when something is not going wrong, a safe place for them to look at the stuffed monster we have.
Do you know that some of the kids that came to the museum becomes great wizards, scholars or adventurers thanks to what we have been able to show them!

Clearly for Aurus, the Museum is a touchy subject for Nigel but for now he seems quite in the mood of a wedding and the Paladin is certain that Nigel initial position toward the Pathfinders have switched to a better position.

Welcome Party "arrival of a new guest" (1 influence check)
- Cloudia (influence on Tancred)
- Aurus (influence on Nigel)
- Jack (influence on Tancred)
- Uldar (discovery on Tancred)
- Travail one action left

Guests
Nigel (talked 3, no discovery) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 4, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Alexander (talked 1, no discovery)
Hamalia (talked 1, no discovery)
Tancred Desimire (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check)
Other guests N/A

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Hoping to bring Tancred in good standing among the Pathfinders as well, and maybe a little more tipsy and daring himself after a couple of drinks, Travail whispers in his ear, "It wasn't the Pathfinders, you know, who planted the letter. It was the cultists themselves. We're aware of it, and willing to do what it takes to clear your name. We know we owe you one."

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 4 = 20


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Tancred as Travail moves to talk to Tancred, the Chelaxian look above Travail's shoulder to see if Zarta is not following him. Not seeing her, he relaxes a bit and, almost, smiles at the Pathfinder. Is that true? It sound marvelous, I know Pathfinders had a bad reputation in Cheliax, but I start to wonder why... May be I will reconsider my position about you. Seems fair.

After discussing a bit with Tancred, Travail is convinced that Tancred has is now in good standing with the Pathfinders.

At last, the Welcome festivities come to an end. As the place starts to be clean by the Blakors servant, like the other guests, you are directed by Blakros mercenaries to your temporary lodgings for the weekend (area C). Before you get settled in for the night, they are visited by Trade Prince Aaqir al’Hakam, who has been watching your progress throughout the evening.
Very good job Pathfinders. I've discussed with numerous guest at the Event and most of the People the Society want to be in good standing with are indeed.
You need to focus your effort on Alexander Bedard and Lady Blakros, these are the only one not completely to your side. For the other four intended targets they speak highly of the Society as well as the agents sent to this wedding. Well done, well done indeed.
Have a good resting night Pathfinder and remember to be on your best behavior for the wedding ceremony for tomorrow morning.

After the talk with Aaqir, you go to your assigned tent and you're able to see Jeon Raeng-Woo, vomiting near the tree line—the result of too many drinks...

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus gives the Tien representative a gentle pat on the back. "That's it, chief, get it all out - see me in the morning, I can help you with the tiredness, but betcha that headache lingers for a little while..."

I have both lesser restoration and my Lay On Hands that can remove fatigue, but I don't think either of those are going to be helpful for what he's got right now...


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Jeon thanks Aurus as well as he could.
Thanks Pathfinder, you’re a good guy like my pal Jack.

No further incident comes to trouble your night and after a good night sleep, it’s time to prepare for the wedding ceremony!

if you want to change spells or adapt your equipment you can do it.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

No changes to make, here.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia sleeps like a log (I hope), and gets up early in order to get ready. Lots of makeup, and dons her best dress (nobles outfit). She dashes around to get the other pathfinders ready early too, bubbling with excitement.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

No changes

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus wakes up early and does some greatsword drills before the majority of the other guests awaken - being careful to keep the huge blade peacebound and in it's scabbard for the practicing.

No changes


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

As the sun rises on the eastern horizon, representatives of the Blakros family move between the
many living quarters erected on the island gathering guests for the wedding ceremony. A queue of nearly a hundred guests stretches along the winding path through the woods from the guest accommodations to the location of the wedding itself, with each guest arranged in order of rank and prestige.
The procession makes its way approximately a mile to the northwest, ending at an opulent, open-air chapel carved out of cedar and wreathed with colorful flowers and laurel leaves. Atop a high bluff overlooking the Inner Sea, the chapel sets a scene of wealth and beauty few families in the region could afford to build specifically for their child’s wedding. Rows of comfortable pews stand facing the chapel, providing guests in attendance with a view not only of the ceremony and the vista beyond, but also of those other guests who were granted better positions because of their social station.

You are seated, with the Society representatives given a spot of relative prestige in the third row—behind the first row of attending members of the Blakros and Kastner families, and the second row of other honored dignitaries. The process continues until all pews before the chapel are filled to capacity, at which point a priest of Abadar enters from behind the pews to address those present.

Know. local DC15:
You identify the man as Vroclaw of Brevoy, high priest of Abadar in Absalom’s Ascendant Court and a personal advisor to the city’s primarch, Lord Gyr of House Gixx— further evidence of the Blakroses’ power and influence.

The high priest delivers a long sermon about the duty of nobility in matters political and economic, and heaps praise upon the Blakroses for their contributions to Absalom and the entire Inner Sea region over the centuries. His praise for the groom and his family is noticeably more understated, and while he seems approving of the Hellknights in theory, the speech includes a number of underhanded jabs at Cheliax and those who use law as an excuse to cause pain and suffering in others.
At the conclusion of the sermon, Damian Kastner walks forth from the entryway, garbed in the finest of ceremonial Hellknight armor. To honor the groom, Lictor Toulon Vidoc of the Order of the Scourge rises from the chapel’s second row and delivers his own speech, which consists primarily of recounting of specific operations Kastner oversaw as a field- maralictor, and a list of over two dozen noted criminals from throughout the Inner Sea that he is credited with apprehending or killing.
With much fanfare and adulation, Michellia Blakros proceeds down the aisle, followed by an entourage of doting attendants who maintain her elaborate dress and 6-foot train. The bride takes Kastner’s hands as the Abadaran high priest again takes the pulpit, now espousing the importance of adhering to the contract of marriage and the significance that such a long-lasting agreement holds.
As the sermon draws to an end, Vroclaw of Brevoy looks over the assembled witnesses and asks Do any here object to this union, sanctified by the great Judge of the Gods, or know of any reason this contract cannot be entered into by either party?

A hush overtakes the room, and for a brief moment it seems that everything is all right, until a voice breaks from the crowd. I DO!
The protester is Alexander Bedard. The Andoren representative is still partially angered by being overlooked as a suitor for Michellia, but believes that the wedding is a sham political event, and does not represent Michellia’s true feelings.
Be not fools, friends! This is not a marriage of love, and the sacred oath this pair will soon take is but a means to a political end. Michellia Blakros doesn’t loves this man, and what the groom feels for his bride seems immaterial to these proceedings. The great nation of Andoran has shown in its short existence that every man or woman should be free, and this wedding spits in the face of that belief. This couple should not be bound to one another over a lie for mere political gain. I, Alexander Bedard of the Andoren People’s Council, protest!
As Bedard gives this impassioned speech, most of the guests, stare at him incredulously.

Bedard sits down after giving his monologue, and confused and angry murmurs begin to erupt from the crowd. Michellia looks irate at the spectacle her wedding has just become, and Kastner maintains a cool face of steely anger.

Are you doing something?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack raises an eyebrow, and looks to his more silver-tongued colleagues to smooth things over.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia is totally embarrassed and shrinks in her chair.

[smaller]"Oh, dear!"[/small]

But other than that muttered phrase, the meek Cloudia does nothing. She looks at the bride to gauge her reaction.

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 1

But that is no her thing. So she turns to the others and asks in a low voice, [smaller]"Do you think it's true?"[/small]

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

"Ah, entertainment! I wasn't expecting a jester to perform during the ceremony! But if the bride and groom will allow me, I would like to respond."

Uldar looks to the bride and groom and will continue as soon as one of them makes even the slightest nod.

"As a self detemined bachelor for life I hold the opinion that every marriage inflicts a loss of freedom. There's always your significant other to consider and if I have to believe my married friends that have been blessed with children, those creatures make things even worse! Family life is a prison. However, it is no slavery as you are rewarded in ways not measurable in gold!"

Perform (oratory) Take 10: 10 + 20 = 30

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0
Cloudia wrote:

...she turns to the others and asks in a low voice, "Do you think it's true?"

"Don't much care if it is or it isn't," Aurus says as he squeezes past Cloudia. "Oh thank Apsu's scales, Uldar's got the crowd taken care of." The big half-elf had begun moving as soon as he heard the "I DO!", and carefully jostles his way until he's next to Bedard. "Excuse me, new seat," the paladin apologizes to Bedard's neighbor as he puts a large hand on Bedard's shoulder and guides the Andoran forcefully back into his seat and begins talking quietly and directly to the Andoran man.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
"Ain't how any of this works, Senator. She's got her freedom to choose - and as much as it stings, she din't choose you. So you chose to make an ass of yourself, that's fine - but this party ain't going your way. So you can choose to sit down, laugh this off, maybe have a drink or six to sort yourself out, or you can choose to remove yerself if this is too embarassing for you - don't think anyone would blame ya. But if you choose to do much past them two options, I'm going to choose to set you in your place, and I don't want to do that at a wedding. So: we gonna drink this reception under the table, or do you gotta take a walk?"

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

While Aurus attempts to placate the maladroit Alexander, Travail stresses Uldar's point about entertainment by performing a triple backflip in the aisle.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia sits there stunned as her allies start launching into odd acts. She pauses there waiting to see if the wedding guests are as shocked as she is. In the end she decides to help Aurus with Bedard.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"Come along, Mr Bedard, sir. I know its a kick in the teeth, but that's romance for you. My mom said everyone should experience romantic rejection once in their life. It's good for you in the end. Builds character, she always said."


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

The crowd seems to react well to Uldar's speech contrary to Bedar who seems upset that the Pathfinders don't support his claim one hundred percent. Damian and Micheal make a discreet sign to Uldar to thank him for salvaging the night.

Some people turns to Travail's backflip, more interlocked than amused for such gesture in a tense situation. But most do as if they don't see it.

Despite Alexander anger to the Pathfinders, Aurus and Cloudia tries to salvage things with him. Let me Patfhinder! Freedom is a chance, not a prison. And THIS, this is...
The Andoran can't finish his phrase but Cloudia and Aurus can sense the anger and sense of betrayal from him.

After the incident, the crowd calms down, and Vroclaw of Brevoy continues. The bride and groom are married, and the audience erupts in cheers of congratulations. Soon after the two are joined, the guests are escorted back to the pavilion for the reception by mercenary guards.

Once inside the pavilion, you have a chance to mingle with important guests, except for Hamalia Blakros who don't seems to be there.

Reception (1 influence check)
Bold may act
Cloudia
Aurus
Jack
Uldar
Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 3, no discovery) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 4, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Alexander (talked 1, no discovery) Not in a good mood
Hamalia (talked 1, no discovery) - Not here -
Tancred Desimire (talked 3, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Other guests N/A

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack tries to get a read on the fuming Alexander...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9.

...but doesn't have any luck.

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Know, Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Travail saddles up to Nigel, hoping that with the drinks in him he'll reveal a little bit more about Alexander's beef. "Well that was certainly odd, I don't suppose you know what all that fuss was about."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 4 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Uldar will talk to Alexander and try to determine if there is a deeper cause for the disruption he caused.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30

"The Blackros' are famous for their political marriages, but I actually sense Michellia and Damian do love each other intensely!"


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Nigel responds to Travail I know the Society has organized as part of the Grand Convocation a meeting with different suitors for Michellia after Major Colson Maldris rejected the Blakros offer of mariage. Bedard was one of Michellia's suitor during this event, may be he found love in this damn family?
And you know, Andoren...

While Jack observes Alexander, he's unable to find the reason behind his anger, except may be love? Doing another approach to the Andoran representativem Uldar starts to talk.
Even if Alexander Bedard is quite reticent to talk to the one who stand up against his proclamation against the wedding, Uldar in Badard's few answers is able to figure out his personality.
Alexander even if he likes to play up his own importance as a member of the Andoran People's Council by rising from a working-class background to succeed on the national political stage, he is more sensitive than his bravado might suggest. Uldar understand that though his courtship of Michellia Blakros was politically motivated at first, he truly fell for the raven-haired beauty and was deeply heartbroken when she opted to wed Damian Kastner in his place. Mentionning his failed attempt at winning Michelia's hand will silence the Andoren councilman as his thoughts will take an introspective turn.

Reception (1 influence check)
Bold may act
Cloudia
Aurus

Jack
Uldar
Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 3, no discovery) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 4, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Alexander (talked 1, Discovery +4 to your influence check) Not in a good mood
Hamalia (talked 1, no discovery) - Not here -
Tancred Desimire (talked 3, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Other guests N/A

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus follows Uldar towards Bedard and listens carefully. "Bedard. She chose," the half-elf says plainly, handing the Andoran man a large tankard. Aurus takes a long draft from his own. "Love's like that, sometimes. You work, you work hard, and you put yer heart and soul into it and..." He makes a vague gesture. "And you don't know why that wasn't enough. But man, you gotta know that it ain't always you. They choose, and you don't always get to know why. And that's why love's hard."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 = 14

Aurus gives a belch, putting a marked damper on what could have been a nice moment. "So you just gotta knock some back and see who's up for dancing! Right??" The half-elf claps the Andoren on the back, gets up and heads to the dancefloor a little uncertainly.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia returns to Nigil and respectfully asks for his opinions on things.

"So, you know of any nice restaurants in Absalaom. My aunt runs a bakery and she does brisk business. My cousin, she got married a year ago, will one day own the business and it shows."

She chats about home, family, people she's met in the city while on important missions, etc.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Or should I say bores him with her stories.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Angry, Bedar responds to Aurus You! of all people must have seen this. THIS IS NOT LOVE!
Why if she's not in love does she have to marry... him, a chelaxian... a Hellknight!
I knoz love is hard, but I will have bow if she was married for love, but not for profit, not for duty!

The angry Alexander then leave Aurus and the dancefloor.

Nigel starts to be quite tipsy and don't seem to care much about Cloudia's words and he nods to all what she says. I know some good restaurants where I went with my wife by obligation. But I prefer to stay in the museum, trying to improve it in hope than no more incident will happen... with no avail for now.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

After chatting with the guests, you hear the call to be seated, and you are directed to a table along with lady Gloriana Morilla, Trade Prince Aaqir al’Hakam, and a group of their aides. The Paracountess sits at a different table with a detachment of Chelish dignitaries, including Tancred Desimire, who seems perturbed at having to share a table with her.

After being seated, the head table arrives—a delegation of Blakros family members and important relatives, you will recognize Michellia, Damian, and Hamaria
Blakros as the most important figures at the table.

A plethora of speeches and congratulations begin from the head table. Beginning with Michellia’s mother Hamaria, who dotes on her daughter’s excellent pedigree and the respect shown to her family by Damian Kastner. Others at the head table give similar speeches, expanding on their love for Michellia and their acceptance of Damian into the
extended Blakros family.
Eventually, Michellia Blakros stands to make her own proclamation. Although quiet in tone, she speaks with a force that all can hear.
I wish to thank you all for coming. While the Hellknights of the Order of the Scourge have lost a loyal and noble soldier, the Blakroses have gained a new member of our esteemed clan— my husband, Damian Kastner. As a symbol of this union, I offer you, Damian, the Blakros name, so that you will ever be known as a member of our elite, illustrious family. Let it be known forever more that your name shall be Damian Blakros, should you accept the honor.

Damian then stands and speaks himself, raising his glass toward Hamaria and the rest of new family.

I, of course, accept this honor, and am proud to know my children shall bear the name as well. I am not good with words, however, so I shall keep this brief. There are few gifts I could give in response that would parallel the honor I have just received. Even so, I shall offer something that my new family will hopefully find valuable. To my wife, Michellia Blakros, I offer my family’s long-held manor of Ostergarde.

Damian’s announcement causes an immediate commotion from the crowd. Audible whispers and speech drown the pavilion, as assembled guests show mixes of horror and satisfaction at the proclamation made by the former Hellknight.

DC20 (History or Nobility):
You remember that Ostergarde Manor is an abandoned site in the Chelish mountains, where diabolists once conducted secret rituals long before the death of Aroden and the rise of House Thrune. The historical significance of this location can’t be overestimated, and the Blakros family will surely have many new, diabolical artifacts to display in their museum.

As the crowd quiets down, Hamaria Blakros bids the guests enjoy the reception’s food, music, and wine for the rest of the afternoon and into the night. Immediately, guests rise from their tables and move about the pavilion, all eager to gossip about this dramatic offering to the Blakros family. Gloriana Morilla is surprised by the announcement, and can you in on the history of Ostergarde you can read the spoiler, and reminds you of your primary mission to socialize and make good impressions on the other wedding guests. She adds This may be the final opportunity for the you to carry out your duties as Pathfinders

DC20 Perception/Sense Motive:
You are able to see Tancred Desimire departing in a seeming panic shortly after Damian’s announcement of the dowry.

Reception (Part 2) (1 influence check)
Bold may act
Cloudia
Aurus
Jack
Uldar
Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 3, no discovery) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 4, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Alexander (talked 1, Discovery +4 to your influence check) Not in a good mood
Hamalia (talked 1, no discovery)
Tancred Desimire (talked 3, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - Not Available -
Other guests N/A

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia grabs a moment of Hamaria's time and compliment's her on the new acquisition.

"My goodness, do you have any plans for this island yet? It looks a little wild. Perhaps you would like the Pathfinder Society to check it out and help clear out any problems?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

You are mistaken child, this gift is not an Island nor mine.
It's an old Castle in Cheliax. A place of significance for thoose knowledgeable in history...
And it's my daugther, Michellia, who has inherited of this gift, not me, her mother.
responds the Blakros matriarch to an overzealous Cloudia.
But you're right in one thing. This place have been abandonned for a long time and the Blakors could use some hands to clean it up. The Pathfinders could be of help for that. I've heard stories about how well suited you Pathfinders are for that type of mission.

Reception (Part 2) (1 influence check)
Bold may act
Cloudia
Aurus
Jack
Uldar
Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 3, no discovery) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 4, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Alexander (talked 1, Discovery +4 to your influence check) Not in a good mood
Hamalia (talked 2, no discovery)
Tancred Desimire (talked 3, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - Not Available -
Other guests N/A

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Uldar will join Cloudia and talk with Hamalia.

Knowledge (Loremaster: Take 20): 20 + 8 = 28

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

Sense Motive for weakness(take 10): 10 + 20 = 30

"Did I hear someone mention Pathfinders with regards to exploring Ostergarde Manor? We would indeed be more than willing to help out. If you could pass our willingness to help on to your daughter, we would be most grateful!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack tries to commiserate with Alexander.

"Well, as much as you dislike it, it is a done deal, now. Since you are here, you might as well enjoy the food and wine, and try to forget that it ever happened."

Bluff: 1d20 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) - 2 + 2 + 4 = 8.
Bluff - GM Star Re-Roll: 1d20 - 2 + 2 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (19) - 2 + 2 + 4 + 5 = 28.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Discussing with Hamaria Uldar notices her furtive glances at the guards and the unguarded surroundings. Uldar understands that while the Blakros family has spared no expense on security to ensure the safety of their family and guests, Hamaria remains fearful that the Onyx Alliance will strike at them during the weekend.
A PC attempting either a Bluff or Diplomacy check to assuage Hamaria’s fears receives a bonus on the Influence check, and those using Intimidate to play up the family’s vulnerability likewise receive a bonus on the Influence check.
She says May be I will. I remember fondly the saving of my daughters by the Pathfinders from the clutch of the Onyx Alliance.

Jack tries where his comrades failed and speaks with Bedard.
This time, the man seems to listen to the Pathfinder words.
Still, Alexander adds as a bitter comment May be,may be. But have you seen the guy?! And what he calls his “gift”! What a joke, a devil joke I would say.

Reception (Part 2) (1 influence check)
Bold may act
Cloudia
Aurus
Jack
Uldar
Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 3, no discovery) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Jeon (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Rubaani (talked 4, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - You think is in good standing with the Pathfinder Society.
Alexander (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check) Not in a good mood
Hamaria (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check)
Tancred Desimire (talked 3, Discovery +4 to your influence check) - Not Available -
Other guests N/A

51 to 100 of 139 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [CORE] #4-09 The Blakros Matrimony All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.