[CORE] #4-09 The Blakros Matrimony

Game Master Ilmakis


301 to 317 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

I believe she was healing Travail, not harming the demon...?


#10-98 (Current Map) | SFS #1-08 (Current Map) | SFS #2-01 (current map - Capture the Flag!)

You're right, update my previous post.


#10-98 (Current Map) | SFS #1-08 (Current Map) | SFS #2-01 (current map - Capture the Flag!)

Again, Travail readies to be in full defense when the creature will attack him.

But, this time, it seems that the creature learned from its previous mistakes.
Arastrax attacks with one claw, hitting the human, then as it destabilize its target plunges its second claw into Travail's flank before finishing the rogue with its bite. -22HP

Travail falls, lifeless, on the blooded dance floor. The creature flies above Travail's corpse to be next to its targets.

You all hear in your head You will be next!

GM rolls:

Claw1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damages: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (1) = 5
Claw2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damages: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (6) = 9
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damages: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (3) = 8

Round #8 (bold may act) - Inspire Courage +2 -
Jack -37HP
Cloudia 8 fire
Travail -45 HP
Arastrax‘s host body DEAD
Arastrax -29HP
Red DEAD
Orange TELEPORTED AWAY
Aurus DEAD
Uldar -8HP

Round #9 (bold may act) - Inspire Courage +2 -
Jack 37 damages
Cloudia 8 damages
Travail -45 HP Need to make a stabilization check in spoiler
Arastrax‘s host body DEAD
Arastrax -29HP
Red DEAD
Orange TELEPORTED AWAY
Red
Aurus DEAD
Travail -20HP
Uldar -8HP

Grand Lodge

Wincing, but remaining resolute, Jack 5' steps backwards, and keeps firing!

+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 29, for 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 17 Magical Cold Iron damage.
+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 15, for 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 16 Magical Cold Iron damage.
+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 25, for 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 16 Magical Cold Iron damage.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Depending on the results of Jack's arrows she will either heal him or Travail. Where is Jack on the Map? Off the edge?

Grand Lodge

I'm on the map - 10' south-west of our foe; someone 'faded' my icon, presumably because Jack was invisible.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Well, dang. Since Cloudia cannot get to Jack, she will heal Travail with her wand so that he does not die, and then steps to the side.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
Cloudia wrote:
Well, dang. Since Cloudia cannot get to Jack, she will heal Travail with her wand so that he does not die, and then steps to the side.

Why can't you get to Jack? SW-SW-SW-W-W Should make it right? Also, can you use a wand of CLW without UMD? Mage Armor on Jack might be better than HP

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
GM Ilmakis wrote:
You all hear in your head You will be next!

Uldar continues his performance

"I guess that will be me!" Uldar proclaims as he steps between the Shadow Demon and Jack and again vanishes the Ranger.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
Jack Malcolm Thorpe Churchill wrote:

Wincing, but remaining resolute, Jack 5' steps backwards, and keeps firing!

+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20+8+1+2, for 1d8+7+1+2 Magical Cold Iron damage.
+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20+8+1+2, for 1d8+7+1+2 Magical Cold Iron damage.
+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20+3+1+2, for 1d8+7+1+2 Magical Cold Iron damage.

I think Jack still has a reroll with a +5? Rerolling the 2nd attack might be an idea as I don't know if Uldar's performance will still be up next round.

Grand Lodge

@Uldar: I think what Cloudia means, is that she can't get to Jack, without provoking...

In other news, I think there is something screwy going on with the website - Jack's entire profile just disappeared...

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
Jack Malcolm Thorpe Churchill wrote:
@Uldar: I think what Cloudia means, is that she can't get to Jack, without provoking...

Wouldn't even provoke as she would stay out of the demon's reach at all times

Jack Malcolm Thorpe Churchill wrote:
In other news, I think there is something screwy going on with the website - Jack's entire profile just disappeared...

Paizo.com acting up? That would be a first!

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

I forgot Cloudia had to do a UMD! She should probably get a wand of infernal healing, but they are so distasteful. Here's the roll.
umc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Yea! And Uldar is right. Cloudia would have provoked had she tried to get to Jack so she 5' stepped one south. The demon was and is right next to her. Besides, if Jack is invisible right now she would not know where to go.

Grand Lodge

@Cloudia: Infernal Healing isn't a CORE spell, unfortunately, and I don't think it actually shows up on any chronicle sheets, either, so aside from (possibly) some NPC Wizard spellbooks, I don't think we can access it, at all.

I also think you mean *Jack* was right - Uldar was the one saying that you *wouldn't* provoke ;-)


#10-98 (Current Map) | SFS #1-08 (Current Map) | SFS #2-01 (current map - Capture the Flag!)

Two arrows find their way, taking some of the demon's essence.

Looking around, Arastrax sees that some of the guests have already escaped the slaughter and that most of his demons lie dead.

We will meet again Pathfinders, and this time, I will kill you!

The creature concentrates and winks out of reality!

As the leader of the demon's host flee the island, the demon able to teleporting out do it the other are quickly slaughter by the guests and guards that stood up agains the main horde.

Still wondering how you are still alive, you realized that the guards have payed the high toll against the demons. You are able to see dozen of them, lying dead around you. Some guests have also been killed, by demon, or just by being trampled by the ones fleeing the carnage.

The Lictor seems unscathed by the fight, nevertheless ichor drops from his weapon and from some part of his armor. Demons. he says as he crushes the skull of a dretch with one hand.

Damian, gets out of the pavillon, followed by his bride and his mother in law. Suffering from some minor wounds but the one that he protected are unscathed.

Alexander cames out from below a table. What... what was that?!

Niguel, suffers from multiple wounds and seems exhausted. At his side, Jeon, who smiles Honor have prevailed.

Rubanni also suffer from several wounds and have rallied the remaining guards. She bows to Lady Blakros. My Lady, I failed you and your family. Please, accept my resignation.

But Lady Hamaria says I wasn't prepared for that kind of assault. I didn't know that the Onyx Alliance will side with demons... It's not your fault... entirely.

Rubanni turns to the Pathfinders Thank you for driving out the leader of the host. You save numerous life today and my honor. Please, accept this gold as a token of my appreciation.

With the reception interrupted and the security of the island clearly breached, Hamaria Blakros calls the weekend’s festivities to a close. Guests are quickly rounded up by surviving mercenaries and ushered to the pier. The boat ride back to Absalom takes on a somber tone, any joy at the wedding eclipsed by the death and destruction the demons brought to Pariol Island.

Numerous guests congratulates you as heroes of the wedding, and you sense that the Society’s prestige has grown as a result of your actions.

As you return to the Grande Lodge, Ambrus Valsin congratulates you personally and publicly for what you have done.

THE END

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
Cloudia wrote:

I forgot Cloudia had to do a UMD! She should probably get a wand of infernal healing, but they are so distasteful. Here's the roll.

[dice=umc]1d20+9

Yea! And Uldar is right. Cloudia would have provoked had she tried to get to Jack so she 5' stepped one south. The demon was and is right next to her. Besides, if Jack is invisible right now she would not know where to go.

Ah! Sorry, I thought you were still at the SE corner of the tent (as the heavenly fire is a ranged heal). See the Yellow line for the suggested route. Also Infernal Healing is not only Non-Core it also has a 1 round casting time, so you can't draw a wand of it and cast it even if you had access to it. Also Uldar made Jack invisible after Cloudia acted.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Cloudia goes up to Aurus' lifeless body and gives it a look over.

"I can't believe he went so quickly. I't probably the death he would have wanted, fighting demons and all, but I think it a terrible outcome. I hate it when a pathfinder falls, but Aurus was one of the special ones."

301 to 317 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [CORE] #4-09 The Blakros Matrimony All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.