[CORE] #4-09 The Blakros Matrimony

Game Master Ilmakis


1 to 50 of 159 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

The eldest daughter of the prominent Blakros family is set to wed an influential Hellknight, and the Pathfinder Society is invited to the festivities. Dressed for a wedding befitting royalty, a team of Pathfinders attend the ceremony on behalf of the Decemvirate, but will their presence ultimately strengthen the Society's relationship with the influential Blakroses, or will events at the wedding bring the already tenuous alliance to a breaking point?


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Only a handful of other Pathfinders, most of them initiates, walk the halls near the office of Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin.
The Grand Lodge’s chamberlain sits behind an organized desk, reading a recently printed chronicle, and tapping his finger on an elaborate open envelope, the only sound in the eerily silent Pathfinder Society headquarters.
Can you believe this place? Valsin calmly asks, keeping his eyes squared on his chronicle. Almost every agent worth her salt is off in Varisia right now. I bet you the Heidmarchs’ manor has more Pathfinders in it than this place...
Valsin finishes his reading and places the document on the desk, while sliding the envelope forward.
Desna smiles upon us that I have you fine agents here, as I doubt anyone else in Absalom is better qualified for this mission. I won’t lie, this is probably one of the trickiest tasks I’ve ever had to send a group of Pathfinders on, and much rides on its success. I need you to attend a wedding. And not just any wedding, mind you, but a Blakros wedding.
The Blakros family is one of the wealthiest families in Absalom—in the entire Inner Sea region, even—and we’ve cultivated a good working relationship with them over the years. In two days, Michellia Blakros is getting married to the former Hellknight Damian Kastner, and because of security concerns, we only got our invitation this morning. I won’t bore you with specifics, but sufficed to say, the Society has a lot of interest in this wedding, as some of our agents had a hand in helping it along.
The wedding is taking place on a secluded summer retreat on nearby Pariol Island, which the Blakroses own. There are two boats heading there before the first wedding festivities. One is a small supply runner set to leave in an hour that could get you there early tomorrow morning. The next is a larger ship that will transport the majority of the guests in the morning. Your travel is paid for of course, but you’ll need to get on one of those two vessels.
With a grave nod, Valsin passes over the envelope containing the invitation, and continues. Also, you’ll need to peace-bond any weapons when you arrive on the island, and I’d recommend only wearing your finest armor, if you wear any at all. We’re not too concerned about security at the wedding, but making a good impression on the Blakroses and their guests is key to your mission. You’ll need to mingle, and get on the good sides of as many people as you can. I can’t stress this point enough: This is a social gathering, and the Society could really use the extra clout with all our current efforts being so far abroad. I don’t care if you save the wedding from a dragon, find out the bride is a doppelganger, or discover some grand plot to take over the Inner Sea—I only care that you leave this wedding having made people happy and improving our standing among the attendees! Are we understood?

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus gets more and more visibly uncomfortable as the briefing details come out. When Valsin is done, the paladin shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

"Captain Valsin, sir, I'm betting my presence here is an oversight? I know I got the bardic training on my file but they were just night classes, and I only signed up for the Scrolls cuz I wasn't really able to read the fancy script on the registration and though I was enrolling in the Swords... I'm just sayin', I'm way more of a pretty face than a charming personality, if you catch my meaning." He looks at the greatsword on his back, and the dents and scrapes on his heavy armor. "Plus, attire aside, I got no idea what all the different forks and stuff are for. Definitely came from a 'one fork' kinda family."

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
Aurus Goldson wrote:

Aurus gets more and more visibly uncomfortable as the briefing details come out. When Valsin is done, the paladin shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

"Definitely came from a 'one fork' kinda family."

"You shouldn't worry too much Aurus. You helped out the Blakros family how many times? If there's anything to worry about it's like the wedding cake is a mimic."

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

While Aurus protests his discomforts with attending the Blakros matrimony, Travail shuffles from side-to-side, looking by far the worst candidate for attending the wedding of the party--unshaven, wearing mud-caked armor, and a pair of odd, flaming orange boots that he must have just purchased from the Pathfinder commissary.

Why am I not home in Varisia?, he thinks to himself.

Still he musters some bravado at the mention of his goddess, "If Desna wills it, then so it must be. Can I ask what peace-bonding a weapon means, Ambrus? Surely if something goes awry, we'll need to be armed."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack looks rather incredulous that he is being sent to schmooze at a wedding, but takes it stoically.

"Right. So, no shooting the guests, unless they turn out to be horrible extradimensional beings bent on world domination, or the cake unless it turns out to be some strange confectionery golem. Got it."

He then pauses thoughtfully.

"Or at least, if we have to do it, look stylish whilst doing so, and impress the other people there."

Jack then raises an eyebrow.

"Are you sure that some of us aren't just along to make up the numbers? Generally, I am known more for my wilderness lore, rather than my ability to navigate the absurd jungle of high society connections..."

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

In contrast to the other team members, Cloudia practically glows when she hears about the assignment.

"Well, how about that. A wedding assignment. Aurus you will do just fine. You were perfectly presentable at my cousin's wedding and I'm sure you will be at this one too. Just remember to flatter the bride and honor the groom and family. Say, will Nigil be there? He might be willing to introduce us to the movers and shakers."

Without waiting for any responses and barely taking a breath, she contiues.

"You might want to dress up though. Oh, and bring a nice gift. This will be fun. Dancing, and great food. I'll bet the Blakros' pull out all the stops and the entertainment and food will be STELLAR!"

Oh my GOSH, will the family be jealous! I wonder if I can wear the same outfit as the last wedding. I should be able to - we might as well be continents away for all the chance that I will meet someone from the family.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0
Cloudia wrote:

In contrast to the other team members, Cloudia practically glows when she hears about the assignment.

"Well, how about that. A wedding assignment. Aurus you will do just fine. You were perfectly presentable at my cousin's wedding and I'm sure you will be at this one too. Just remember to flatter the bride and honor the groom and family. Say, will Nigil be there? He might be willing to introduce us to the movers and shakers."

Aurus' face blanches. "Oh no - WILL NIGEL BE THERE?"

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

"Well, he IS part of the family and lives right here in Absalom, silly. Why? Nigil is not a bad guy, just a little unlucky. Don't worry, Aurus, I'll protect you."

Cloudia gives a throaty chuckle at the thought of her protecting the burly Aurus from the big bad wedding partiers.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Ambrus Valsin says I’d like it if you could all go in formal attire, since that will give you more credibility among the nobles in attendance. If you must wear armor, consider wearing ceremonial armor, the lighter and less cumbersome the better. As I said, weapons must be peace-bonded which means that you need to put a cord around it so it will be more difficult for you to draw it without everyone seeing it.

Drawing a peace-bonded weapon is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

Turning to Aurus he adds There will be ally of the Society there, and Nigel will certainly be one of the guest as a member of the Blakros.
Don't worry about not being at the right place, I'm sure you will do great, just smile and follows your comrade more accustomed to such event.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Are we tallking buying noble's outfit? Clothing is odd. I have to expect players have clothing but if its not special, does it have to be noted on the character sheet? And what about weight?


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

You need to buy a noble outfit and jewelry worth at least 100gp. It must be noted on your character sheet and there is no "free weight" for any outfit (contrary to what people think as it's an old rule of 3.5 to not count what you're wearing in your maximum carrying capacity).
The scenario offers two choices:
-take the time to buy things and take the boat with the guest
-take the first boat with some of the guards without having time to buy things.

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Not one for talk, clearly itchy to get going, and crowd-avoidant, Travail clears his throat and suggests to the party, "Certainly we should take the supply runner. If there's any chance of something interrupting the wedding, we'll want to get there early and secure the perimeter."

"We can always hide behind the punch bowl during the wedding if we're not properly attired."

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

"Well, part of our mission is to make connections with the guests and we will have an extra opportunity to do so if we travel with them. Beside, one can always use a nice outfit on hand for special occasions, right?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

"I second buying the proper attire and travel with the other guests"

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus shifts. "Lissen, I can polish this armor and I gotta say I rather like the idea of keepin' behind the punch bowl - or I can get somethin' nice, like one of them fancy tabard. Just let me know."

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Travail scratches his head, aware that there's no getting around this--the success of the mission revolves around the party being social. "Well, I suppose if we let the poet and the sorceress take the lead, we'll get by. Maybe there's a gambling deck on the Blakros cruiseliner to pass the time."

Valsin, is there a place we can rent wedding attire? I'm afraid I don't have room in my traveling pack for noblemen's robes."

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus nods at Travail's logic. "Yeah, alright - that means we got some time to go get fancy duds. Travail, you want me to just carry yours?"

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

"Well, looks like it's time to go shopping. I know just the place!"

Adding noble outfit and jewelry worth 100gp to character sheet.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Uldar will also buy the proper attire.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus goes and selects a tabard in red and gold for over his plate mail, though he doesn't have time to get a coat of arms furnished. He even goes so far to get a plume for his plate mail's helmet, the original having been lost long ago.

Going on the character sheet as well

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Travail purchases a noble outfit, which looks rather ridiculous on him, and a gold ring with a four-leaf clover engraved in it, to honor his goddess.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

The venture-captain says before you go All I know about Pariol Island is that it was an old summer retreat used by the Blakroses for vacationing. Several years ago, their summer home burnt down in an accident involving some of the house staff when the family wasn’t present. The Blakroses abandoned the island, as they had other summer estates elsewhere. Now they’ve built a pavilion to host the wedding and all the guests, but otherwise the island is largely empty and uninhabited.

Knowledge (history or nobility) DC10:
The Blakros family originated in Taldor, and made their initial fortune trading with both Qadira and Taldor during the nations’ centuries-long conflict. Today they are one of the most influential families in Absalom and the greater Inner Sea region.
DC15+
Spoiler:
The Blakros family weds their offspring only to those of sufficient prestige and renown. Unlike in many other marriages, those who marry into the family often take on the Blakros name following the ceremony so that any children born to the couple will also carry the Blakros name.
DC20+
Spoiler:
A requirement of marrying into the Blakros family is a dowry of some note. In many circumstances, these dowries are secret to all but the families involved until they are formally presented at the reception.

He also adds There are two ships set to depart Absalom for the island, both of which will arrive in time for the reception the next evening. The first is a supply vessel carrying workerstasked with setting up the wedding pavilion and servants who will attend to the Blakroses and their guests over the weekend. If you take this boat, for a 12-hour journey, you will have a chance to explore the island before any of the weekend’s festivities begin, but you will miss the opportunity to buy supplies and prepare for the journey in Absalom. If you choose to take the Blakroses’ galleon with the rest of their Absalom-based guests the next morning, the journey itself will take less time and will allow you the chance to prepare for the wedding and give you an opportunity to meet the Blakroses’ many guests during this 8-hour trip.

After Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin listen to your choice he says. Good, prepare yourself, make the Pathfinders look good for this event. Prepare to bord in 24 hours.

I let you finish your preparations and we will starts :)

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

kn history untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9.

Jack remains decidedly nonplussed by all of this, but goes along with what the others are doing, as part of the whole 'team-player' thing.

Privately, he still thinks that sending him along on this mission may not be the wisest decision...

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Knowledge (take 10): 10 + 8 = 18

Uldar shares his knowledge of the Blackros family with the rest of the party.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Kn: Nobs: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Aurus can corroborate some of what Uldar says, but goes quiet as the half-orc goes into further depth.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

After passing their next 24 hours to buy new cloth and jewelry in hope to not be to quickly targeted as "adventurers" without style and last minute buys, the Pathfinders, invitation at the ready look for the barge that will get the guests to the island.

The barge is more a galleon and you see that most of the high society of Absalom is at the ready.
You recognize familiar faces, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen, Trade Prince Aaqir al’Hakam, and Lady Gloriana Morilla.

The guards seems on edge. After checking your invitation, they make sure that all weapons are peace-bonded. if you wish to not peace-bond them, you can try a Sleight of Hand check to fake the peace-bond or hide it on yourself..
They also look at any carried wand and confiscate them if they contain offensive spell or ask that you use a charge in front of them to be sure that it can't be used offensively. if you want to use a wand during the scenario, it can't be an offensive one (except if you try to hide it with a Sleight of Hand check) and you need to expand a charge for the non-offensive one.
Nevertheless They don't seem to check for scrolls or potions...

After the check you get on board where the mood is already in the festivities, several Blakros' servants move through the crowded deck bringing food and wine to the guests.

Once everybody have checked-in, the captain of the galleon sales for the island, announcing a 8hours trip and reminding the people that cabins are at the disposal of the guests.

Thanks to the time to reach the island, you think you will be able to talk to some of the guests and try to influence them in the behalf of the Pathfinder Society...

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia gives Travail a look and tries to pass her wand of magic missiles over to him for 'safe keeping'.

send message: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

If he does not take up the challenge she irritably hands over the wand to the guards. Her second wand. She does hand over the wand with only 2 charges left. As for her other wands, bless, mage armor, endure elements, and CLW, she hands over the endure elements but discharges the bless, Mage armor, and CLW.

Are they concerned with rods, staves, or scrolls? Not that she has anything but scrolls, but I'm curious.


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

As you move through the guests, you see several members of the Blakros family, cousins, uncles or great-grand-something to the bride, Michellia Blakros..

Among the numerous guests, you find four that seems quite close to the bride or important enough to be influenced in a good way for the Society.

Nigel Aldain, former Pathfinder, currently serving as curator of the Blakros Museum, he's a tall, thin elf with long, dark hair pulled back in a ponytail, wearing fine clothes and silver-rimmed spectacles Nigel looks the part of an academic dandy. While he fidgets with his glasses when involved in conversations (he prefers books), one hand always calmly holds a glass of wine.

Alexander Bedar, member of Andoran’s ruling People’s Council and former suitor of Michellia Blakros, he has a muscular build, the remnants of his early life as a dockworker in Augustana, and despite his short stature, he’s an imposing presence in any crowd. As a member of the People’s Council, Bedard dresses in the finest of tailored garments and wears navy blue for the festivities to show his patriotism. No matter how much he grooms, however, the politician has a permanent shadow of stubble on his chin, giving him a rugged and somewhat dangerous demeanor.

Jeon Raeng-Woo, Blakros family trade liaison to Tian Xia and childhood friend of Michellia Blakros, he is a well-dressed Tian man in his early thirties, Raeng-Woo is easily recognized by his unkempt black hair and slightly dazed smile.

Commander Rubaani Shafar, Head of security on the island, commander of hired mercenaries, she's a tall and muscular Garundi woman, Rubaani looks out of place in her ceremonial half-plate armor. A scar covers the right side of Rubaani’s face, the result of a manticore loosing a tail shard against her.

In addition to these four personalities, you think you can talk to other guests to gain some influence.

Influence Mechanics (once per phase)
*Each PC can attempt a Bluff check (to pretend to be friendly), a Diplomacy check (to be genuine), an Intimidate check (to frighten the NPC into submission), or an appropriate Perform check (to entertain and amuse the NPC). Pathfinders can split up during these instances to work on different guests simultaneously, or can use the aid another action to assist comrades in influencing a single target.
I allow the clever use of another skills that could be in the area of interest of a NPC.
*The PCs may also gain an advantage over the targets of their Influence checks by exploiting NPCs’ weaknesses. These character flaws or bits of scandalous gossip can be discovered with the listed Discovery check DC. A PC may forgo an Influence check to instead attempt a Discovery check about a given NPC. If successful, the PC learns the character’s weakness, granting the PCs a +4 competence bonus on any future Influence checks against that target.

Boat Ride (1 influence check)
- Cloudia (noble attire & jewelry)
- Aurus (attire ?)
- Jack (attire ?)
- Uldar (noble attire & jewelry)
- Travail (noble attire & jewelry)

@Cloudia the guards seem to look only for wands (I will say eventually rods but it's not specified in the scenario) and weapons.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack just tries to stay out of the way, trusting that his allies have things covered.

Since I know for a fact that I have no relevant skills ;-)

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

You can go for a sense motive or maybe even a perception roll to do a discovery check, to try to find out things about a NPC as I'll bet that has a lower success target that actually influencing. Profession soldier could be used with the Admiral, I suspect. And depending on the interests of the NPCs one of your 3 knowledge skills could come in handy. As a last resort you can do an aid to add +2 to someone's roll, so you are far from useless.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Having run the scenario in Standard, I am 100% positive of what I am saying. I don't mind - I mean, I brought Jack along *knowing* that this would be the case. I suggested the scenario, because I thought it would give everyone else ample opportunities to shine :-)

Re: Attire, Jack has used his Sleeves of Many Garments to simulate appropriate attire.

That said, to show willing...

Jack politely introduces himself to Jeon Raeng-Woo (in Tien), and tries to keep him entertained with tales of the time he smuggled contraband religious relics through the waterways of Tian-Xia (in Tien, of course).

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia will approach Nigil, as she has made his acquaintance on a mission and reintroduces herself.

"Greetings, Mr Aldain. Perhaps you remember me? I was one of the pathfinders sent to deal with that horrid affair with the museum and the megalomaniac that possessed one of the Blakroses. Are you finding the company pleasant. I do love a good wedding."

No roll yet. Waiting for his response before I decide on the skill to use.

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Smiling at the guards, Travail shows them his weapons. He uses an old trick taught to him by his guildmaster in Varisia to keep the cords of the peace-bound weapons loose so he can use them with without penalty.

As for Cloudia's wand, he simply slips it under the sleeve of his noble's robes--the party starting to catch on to why he may have chosen robes a little oversized...

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

Travail motions to Aurus to follow him, hoping the two of them together can make some progress with impressing the Commander of the good of the Society. Not to mention the fact that all three of them look a little out-of-place in formal attire.

As he approaches, he simply nods, looking across the sea in the same direction as the Commander, hoping to glean something about his mood. "Fine day for a sail," he says, finally.

Also waiting to better understand the mechanics to roll.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Uldar will approach Commander Rubaani Shafar.

"Greetings! You must be Commander Rubaani Shafar! Your reputation precedes you. I am Uldar Uldeth, one of the pathfinder society guests, but I assume you know that already as the head of security. If there's anything we can help you with, feel free to ask us."

Diplomacy (take 10): 10 + 20 = 30

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus is also wearing noble clothing in the form of his tabard, I just haven't added it to his profile yet

Aurus follows Travail to Commander Shafar and gives an enthusiastic (if a little sloppy) salute. "Aurus Goldson, formerly with the city watch, ma'am," Aurus says respectfully. "Uldar and Travail here are some of the best the Society offers, ma'am, so we're all happy to support you in anything you need here."

Aid Uldar Diplo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Sorry, busy, busy, busy... and I don't want to rush thing as it's a heavy RP scenario

Nigel almost jumps when Claudia talks to him. He drinks first before responding to Cloudia.
Pathfinder! I'm so glad to see you... he says with sarcasm in his voice. Yes, I remember you and your kind, always blaming me for what happen in this damn musuem! I try my best to avoid you coming back, but with no avail. I'm cursed.
Taking another glass of wine from a waiter, he continues I'm sure with Pathfinders at this wedding something horrible will happen and who's will be to blame? ME, AGAIN!
@Cloudia you can try to influence or find a weakness

Jeon smiles at Jack, and seems quite happy that someone talk to him in his native language. He responds in kind while drinking.
Very interesting, but to be honest, I prefer not to mingle with people smuggling things, I prefer to stay closer to the law, as a merchant and a business partner.
@Jack you can try to influence or find a weakness

Rubaani seems upset at first to be disturbed in her mission, but Uldar's tone is enough to soften her mood. Welcome Pathfinders. Yes, I've heard that you've helped the Blakros several time already. I hope that for this event, my efforts will be sufficient for you to have a pleasant time.
I'm quite busy and my guards are ready for anything. I don't think I will need your help, except maybe if something magical occur, my men are not train in this area.

Mechanical wise you can use this "round" to
- Try to start to influence a guest with a diplomacy/bluff/intimidate check or any skill that I will find appropriate for the NPC to be used.
- Help another PC to influence a NPC
- Find a weakness of a NPC with a Sense Motive check. Knowling the weakness of a NPC will give a +4 on your rolls to influence them

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

"Well, I for one, do not blame you! Remember I was there and you did everything you could to avert the disaster. I'm glad you called upon us. I learned SOOO much and met so many nice people, like you."

Cloudia is authentically congenial and tries to engage Nigil in an affirming, positive conversation.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Still in Tien:

"Actually, it was quite legal in both the origin state, and the delivery state - for political reasons, however, the intervening territory didn't want the relics to be returned to their rightful owners."

Bluff: 1d20 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 + 2 = 17.

Silver Crusade

Human Rogue CG 4 | HP 35/35| AC 20 T 15 FF 20* | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +3 | Init: +11 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Current Effects: none

"Rather silly clothes they've got us outfitted in," says Travail to the commander, hoping to find some common ground. searching for a weakness

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
GM Ilmakis wrote:

Mechanical wise you can use this "round" to

- Try to start to influence a guest with a diplomacy/bluff/intimidate check or any skill that I will find appropriate for the NPC to be used.
- Help another PC to influence a NPC
- Find a weakness of a NPC with a Sense Motive check. Knowling the weakness of a NPC will give a +4 on your rolls to influence them

Uldar will use the 32 result diplomacy check to try and influence Rubaani

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0
Uldar Uldeth wrote:
GM Ilmakis wrote:

Mechanical wise you can use this "round" to

- Try to start to influence a guest with a diplomacy/bluff/intimidate check or any skill that I will find appropriate for the NPC to be used.
- Help another PC to influence a NPC
- Find a weakness of a NPC with a Sense Motive check. Knowling the weakness of a NPC will give a +4 on your rolls to influence them
Uldar will use the 32 result diplomacy check to try and influence Rubaani

And Aurus will aid Uldar to achieve that 32


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

@Travail it's a sense motive check, not a diplomacy one ;-) Nevertheless, I will keep your roll.

Despite the fact that Nigel seems to avoid the presence of Pathfinders, Cloudia's words seems to reach Nigel's heart and he smiles between two sip of his wine.

Jack also seems to have a good start with Jeon as he invites the grumpy ranger to a drinking contest!

Travail, observing the Commander, finds that Rubaani can be difficult to engage in conversation,
as she has a job to do and is dedicated to ensuring her patrons are kept safe. But, she has a soft spot for tales of battle, however, and can be drawn out of her stoicism if you regale her with accounts of your past exploits or legends of great battles, heroes, and deeds of valor.
Uldar, with the help of Aurus is clearly able to relax the Commander despite the fact she's watching her subordinates and keeping her own keen eye on the Blakros family and their guests. During their conversation, they learn that Rubaani maintains the longest standing mercenary contract associated with the Blakros family, signed almost 2 centuries ago by her grandfather’s grandfather. She upholds her family’s code of supplying well-armed guards to the Blakros family, and plans to do so until she dies and her children inherit the honor.

Finally, after heigh hours of travel, you come to view to Pariol Island!

Pariol Island stands approximately 10 miles off the southwestern coast of the Isle of Kortos, 25 miles west of Absalom. A single stone pier allows access for up to three ships at any one time, requiring other vessels to anchor offshore and send longboats to land. The vast majority of the island is covered in coniferous trees or open scrubland. Several scattered rock formations and high bluffs mar the western side of the island, while the terrain is far more level on the eastern edges, near the pier.

With efficiency the galleon draws alongside one of the pier. Another boat, the one you could have taken earlier, is already anchored.
The guests are ushered off the boat onto the pier by the Blakros servants.(area A)
This long stone pier stretches out into the deep waters of the island’s eastern shore and serves as the point of arrival and departure from Pariol Island. At capacity, the docks can moor three deepwater vessels. A series of small wooden docks surround the pier, allowing launches from any additional ships anchored offshore to embark and disembark at ease.
10 mercenaries patrol the pier and surrounding docks

Once off the boat, the guest are directed along the path toward the pavilion tent (area B) that will serve as the venue for the Blakroses’ welcoming festivities.
A large canvas pavilion has been erected near the center of the island, surrounded by several smaller tents serving as kitchens and staging areas for the Blakroses’ staff. Easily accessible from the pier, Chapel Bluff, and the guest accommodations, a cleared path stretches from the pavilion to the north and south. Tables and chairs of fine quality are arranged inside the large tent, giving guests plenty of room to move around.
Musicians play music in the background to keep the guests entertained, while servants deliver a seemingly endless procession of food and drink.

In the pavilion, you're welcomed by Hamaria Blakros, matriarch of the Blakros family and mother of the bride. She's clearly a person to talk to.

Hamaria Blaros, matriarch of the Blakros family and mother of the bride, she is an elegantly dressed woman of middle age, with olive skin and long, straight black hair. For the wedding she is dressed in a formal crushed velvet dress that accentuates her form without showing being inappropriately revealing. Her piercing gaze moves about as she keeps tabs on all her guests—whether to ensure no one has an empty goblet or for some other, more politically motivated reason, she gives no indication.

As everybody mingle, it's time to talk to some people!

Welcome Party (2 influence check)
- Cloudia
- Aurus
- Jack
- Uldar
- Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 1, no discovery)
Jeon (talked 1, no discovery)
Rubaani (talked 1, Discovery +4 to your influence check)
Alexander N/A
Hamalia N/A
Other guests N/A

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack is more than happy to engage in a drinking competition.

(Still in Tien):

"You don't know what you are getting yourself in for - I developed a taste for sake when I was based in Goka..."

Bluff: 1d20 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 + 2 = 16.

...

I cannot *possibly* continue to roll like this...

He then tries to impress Rubaani, waxing lyrical about his years as a soldier, and his current ownership of Fangwood Keep, on the border between Molthune and Nirmathas.

Profession(Soldier), if relevant?: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 4 = 25.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Uldar will talk to Nigel.

"I was disturbed to hear you somehow blamed us pathfinders for getting you out of trouble multiple times. I'll assume that would have been the alcohol talking, as something that stupid can't be uttered by someone sober."

Uldar shakes his head.

"You should beware burning the bridge that has been your only route of escape so many times! If you don't apologize we might just grant your wish and let you handle your next problem yourself."

Intimidate (take 10): 10 + 19 = 29

Trying to influence


Map #4-09 (current combat) Chase Rules & Buggy

Jack continues to talk to Jeon and both seems to get quite along!

Jeon in Tien Jack, my friend, you will need to come back to my country! We will drink the best ones it has to offer! I will present you to my best friends and partners, together we will be able to do great things and celebrate int he best Tea Houses of Goka!

After his talk with Jeon, Jack comes to see Rubaani who listen with almost glee in her eyes to his tale!
I would love to have been part of this expedition! 5 people taking by themself a fort full of hobgoblins! I've heard tales of the Pathfinders exploit but yours is beyond what I was imagining myself. If something goes wrong here, but I hope it will not, I will certainly call you and your friends for help.

* * *

Uldar takes some time to find Nigel who clearly seems to try to avoid any of the Pathfinders present. But despite his best efforts, the place is to small to hide and Uldar catches him as he was talking with the Paracountess... who disappears with a smile as soon as Uldar starts talking to the curator.
I... You ... But... It's n... tries to say Nigel as the half-orc confronts him about his bad-mouthing of Pathfinders.
After some time, Uldar submits Nigel into realizing that it's certainly his bad management and choices that cause such ruckus in the museum.

Welcome Party (2 influence check)
- Cloudia
- Aurus
- Jack (2 influences check done)
- Uldar (1 influence check done)
- Travail

Guests
Nigel (talked 2, no discovery)
Jeon (talked 2, no discovery)
Rubaani (talked 2, Discovery +4 to your influence check)
Alexander N/A
Hamalia N/A
Other guests N/A

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Uldar will talk to Jeon.

"Are you going back home after the wedding or will you stay for some sightseeing? I can suggest several not well known but very interesing sights in and around Absalom."

I'll try and find a weakness
Sense motive (take ten): 10 + 20 = 30

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

[ooc[Cloudia has a crappy sense motive, so it is up to the rest of you to do that part.[/ooc]

Having a soft spot for weddings, and wedding planners, Kit approaches the mother of the bride and asks her how things are going and can she help in any way.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

1 to 50 of 159 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [CORE] #4-09 The Blakros Matrimony All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.