Ultra Plus Blackmoon Survey

Game Master Will Huston

Slides and Maps!


1 to 50 of 139 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Blackmoon Survey

To start at some point further down the timeline.


Blackmoon Survey

Venture Captain Arvin, a damaya lashunta with pouty lips and mysterious grey eyes, twice voted most eligible bachelor of the Starfinder Society, bids the group to come to his office as quickly as possible. There is a mission on hand.

"Please, before we begin, introduce yourselves, I know not all of us know one another." He looks stoic and calm.

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Hello, everyone! I’m Doctor DuQuesne and it’s a great pleasure to be working with you all. I have joined the society only recently, so, after a lifetime of working on a corporation, this is all quite fresh and exciting!”. DuQuesne is an older halfling, with a gentle smile and calm demeanor, wearing casual clothing. He goes around the room shaking hands or equivalent appendages.

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

A grey ysoki enters the room, wearing a casual jacket and pants over what appears to be a basic second skin suit of armor. He has a laser rifle strapped to his back and is scanning the room, taking note of the exit and entry points. He nods to Captain Arvin and walks to the doctor, extending his had. "Good morning Captain, Doctor. Good to meet you. I've also had some experience with caring for the injured, though most of my training was in the field, doing triage during battle. So any tips you may have I'm willing to listen and learn!"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:7/16, HP:18/18, RP:4/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Nice to meat you all, name's Frink. I heard you are all such a good group to work with.

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

An android enters and looks around the room to determine the most appropriate place to stand.

Greetings. I was sent to attend this mission. My name Lexicore, and this will be my first official foray.

Acquisitives

HP 14/14 | SP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | KAC 18 EAC 19 | F +2 R +6 W +6 [+2 vs fear] | 30 ft. | Init +5 | Perc +9 | DV60'

- Name's Carlos.

Grim blond-haired halfling in carbon armor says it as he lights a cigarette. His voice is low and slightly husky. He meets his eyes with Doctor DuQuesne and nods him.

- I move stealthily. I shoot far. I don't care about what we do, while mission is done and credits will come to my card. No 'infamy' in Pact Worlds - the only rule. That's all. So... What's business this time?

He blows a ring of cigarette smoke at the ceiling.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 18/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

Uli Mawborn saunters in a little after the meeting time, stretching his oddly proportioned limbs with a series of pops. He's a ball of compacted muscle, shaped like a somehow more squashed dwarf, but with hairless skin the color of a banana that hasn't quite gone bad yet. He's dressed in a helmet that doesn't do nearly enough to obscure his face and some sort of skin-tight gear designed to cut down wind-resistance, which cycles between a series of colors that don't so much clash as declare all out war.

"Uli here, Uli Mawborn. Swordsman, pro-athlete, former stasis-cicle, and it looks like I'm on babysitting detail today.

"So what's the job?"


Blackmoon Survey

"Now that that is out of the way, please, pay attention to the screen," he says as his floating vid-screen moves into view. "When the Bone Sages of Eox launched their Magefire Assault, just a few years after the Gap, they triggered a dormant Sarcesian doomsday weapon, left in orbit." The vid screen shows a computer rendering of a massive explosion that forces one of Eox satellites out of orbit, circling swiftly into Eox itself. "It completely destroyed the Eoxian city of Muthal. The site, now known as Blackmoon, is one of the most intriguing excavation sites in the Pact Worlds. There is potentially both technological detritus still active and lingering magical effects. It also has troves of Eoxian history both beneath it and inside Blackmoon itself." The screen now shows footage, shot from a speedster on the ground looking up at the massive obsidian rock known as Blackmoon.

[b]"By calling in a few favors, and through some diplomatic back channels, the Society acquired the rights to excavate key sections of this munitions-made mountain with backing from the bone sages about a year ago. The Society has agreed to share any magical discoveries—including any magical items—unearthed within the ruins of the lost necropolis of Muthal."

"In exchange, theb one sages continue to allow us access to the region and broadcast any major discoveries in the Starfinder Chronicles. But that's not why you're here today. The excavation team, overseen by a Kasatha borai named Taylehm, has reported that everytime they try to expand the dig's boundaries, either some of our workers or the mindless undead laborers the Bone sages provided... well, they either go missing or show up dead. We need you go to Eox, investigate what's going with the disappearances, restore the excavation to working order, and do it all without jeopardizing any of our agreements with the Eoxians. Are there any questions you have for me?" The screen shows First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo shaking hands with a skeletal creature, its jaws clattering as it laughs.

Culture/Diplomacy DC 10+:
Eox is a world ruled by the undead. Ages ago, long before the Gap, the Eoxian leadership unleashed a terrifying weapon that destroyed two worlds in the star system and stripped Eox of its atmosphere. The few Eoxian survivors managed to endure by making the necessary transformation into undeath. Today, Eox’s atmosphere is a thin layer of toxic elements unable to support life.

Culture/Diplomacy DC 15+:
Although they are a united front in treating with the Pact Worlds, the leading bone sages of Eox are a fractured and squabbling group domestically. Ruling from within the planet’s functioning settlements, the bone sages see and employ the harsh and vast landscape between metropolises as a defensive buffer. Much of the planet is lawless and ungoverned, without resources or recourse to fall back on and infested by feral mindless undead

Culture/Diplomacy DC 20+:

Blackmoon is a massive artificial mountain that fell from the asteroids surrounding Eox and destroyed the necropolis city of Muthal. It came to exist following the activation of the Thousand Moons—a sarcesian-made doomsday weapon that could hurl several of the asteroids orbiting Eox down to the surface.
Bone sages across Eox squabble over Blackmoon, and the area is renowned for its reputation of housing feral undead. Many question whether or not the sarcesians have established bases within the region as a means of keeping an eye on the bone sages.

Life Science or Mysticism DC 10+:
“Only the dead can truly live on Eox” is a saying amongst the Pact Worlds, as the cataclysmic event that tore open the planet’s crust scorched almost all life on the surface. Though some minor examples of flora cling to life and a few strange and bizarre organisms have adapted, most of what moves on Eox is undead. Recent innovations in technology have allowed for some safe zones in settlements where outsiders don’t need to rely on armor’s environmental protections to survive. The excavation site of Blackmoon likely has minimal environmental protection, however, so armor will be a necessity

Life Science or Mysticism DC 15+:
The undead of Eox are both its citizenry and its machinery. Some come to the strange planet seeking taboo medical or magical procedures to extend life beyond nature’s grip, and others have simply existed in their state of undeath for centuries and intend to do so for that much longer. None exemplify this more than the growing number of borais. Borais aren’t a true species, but are instead the result of other species experiencing complications
while being brought back to life (such as via a raise dead spell). Borais are corporeal and sentient undead and have few places in the universe that accept them; Eox is one of a handful of planets to openly embrace the growing number of borais into its populace.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:7/16, HP:18/18, RP:4/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Frinke will go around talking to people finding out what he can about the disappearances and the site diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
He is also smart life science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Venture Captain, any ideas or theories on what is going on at the site? Ideological opposition to outsiders, or just some dangerous irrational creature? Was there any preliminary investigation done on the bodies of the victims or the locations they were found?

DuQuesne sits back, pensive. “I have dealt with similar situations in my previous employment, and came to a conclusion that either can hardly ever be solved through negotiation. Especially when ideology is involved!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 18/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 due to his theme Uli uses Perception to recall knowledge about undead

"Huh. Anyone else who was champing at the bit to go digging around? And just so I know how careful to be with my suit, how exactly does the Thousand Moons kill you? Just big rocks?"

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

How are we getting out there? Is the society providing a ship for us? Eox is not exactly right next door you know.

Acquisitives

HP 14/14 | SP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | KAC 18 EAC 19 | F +2 R +6 W +6 [+2 vs fear] | 30 ft. | Init +5 | Perc +9 | DV60'

Carlos sits silently and listens, still smoking his cigarette.


Blackmoon Survey

The venture captain acknowledges Dr. Duqesne, "Our agent on the ground's message to us was brief. She didn't seem to know any cause of the disappearances. Its possible, I suppose, that she knows more but was unwilling to say it in a message that could be intercepted. I don't want to prejudice your investigation, so any hypotheses I have will remain with me. You will have to find the cause of the disappearances."

Turning towards the yellow-skinned creature Ferrantus-IV, Arvin continues, "I would find it unlikely that there was one sort of unauthorized rival dig; the Bonesages' wrath is quite the deterrent. As far as we know, we're the only ones authorized to dig there. As for the Thousands Moons, yes, that's an accurate representation of what it did. It brought down a moonlet on Muthal."

"And yes, we've chartered a shuttle for you that will get you from the Station to the city of Zinhew on Eox. Your shuttle will be the Kitsune Clicker leaving for Shuttle Bay 14"

Now would be an appropriate to time to slot your boons

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

slot your boons? Not familiar with that term being new. Probably he does not have any to worry about.

Lexicor eagerly anticipates the chance to travel on a ship

” I have heard a fraction of data on Eox and its denizens. Very interesting.“


Blackmoon Survey

The Kitsune Clicker leaves from Shuttle Bay 14 without any issue. The short journey is much too mundane to risk drift travel, so it will take several days of relative boredom.

On the 3rd day of travel, the captain of the small shuttle asks you to come to the deck. "Normally, I'd leave them alone, but since you lot are explorers, I figured I'd at least alert you to them, let you make the decision. Our scanners are picking up a group of about seven ships, moving slowly towards the sun."

DC 10 Engineering:
You take a look at the ships on the scanners, and realize they are moving well below impulse power. Their current velocity, it would take months to get to any planet.

"If you want to hail them, you can I guess. Me, I say live and let live," the fox-faced ship captain says.

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor takes his place at one of the monitoring stations on the craft.engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Captain, scanners indicate the craft are traveling well below impulse power. At the current velocity, it would take months to get to any planet, let alone a sizable station.

He continues to monitor the scanners without emotion, awaiting any commands from the crew or Captain.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 18/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

"Moving that slowly it's likely they're either damaged, or up to no good."

Uli hops over to the scanners, "Lemme see if we can figure out which one..."

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

"Captain, how far away are they? Could we get close enough to make a visual check, but be prepared to scram if something goes awry?", Bisig asks.

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

I'll wait for the results of the scanners before commenting...

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:7/16, HP:18/18, RP:4/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Uli, it is engineering, not computers, but you rolled a 13 on the die, so...
Good job.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 18/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

I saw that the spoiler was engineering based, but Starship Sensors typically use Computers. Or actually now that I re-read this, can use Computers or Perception, and Uli's Perception is actually higher, so... hopefully it'll be at least a 23 - maybe more depending on the quality of the sensors :-)

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

"What kind of ships are those, can you tell?" asks anyone who actually knows how machines works - he can fly them, but has no idea how they get out of the ground. "Anyway, we definitely should offer help - unless they are pirates." second guesses himself.

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor had shared the scanner info from his engineering roll already. Or are you asking about the additional information from a second check?

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

I'm hoping for a science officer type of scanning, with Basic Information: Living crew complement and ship classification, size... but we might be looking too much into this, this scenario doesn't have a starship combat tag


Blackmoon Survey

"In space terms, we're practically kissing. They're sticking to the trade route that we are."

The ship are Aballonian in nature, and your scans reveal that they are in need of massive repair. When contacted, there is no face on the hailing screen.

"I am Tutor Two-Twelve, I am in direct control of these ships," a flat monotonous voice says from an empty screen. "I am tasked with returning to Aballonian for repairs. There is no need for further involvement. End of transmission."

Just a little flavor thrown in the scenario. Its possible Two-Twelve shows up in later scenarios.

-----------------

The shuttle arrives at Zinhew a few days later. You have a few hours to make any last minute buys in the metropolis before a pre-arranged meet with a member of the dig team.

------------------

A female Vesk along with a roughly humanoid drone arrives. Roughly humanoid with the exception of the six arms, and the drilling equipment attached to it. "You lot are the Starfinders, yeah? I'm Berchta Deepdelver and this here's Digger. Come get yourselves loaded." She motions outside to a large all-terrain vehicle.

Once the vehicle leaves the gates of Zinhew, the sheer dead silence of Eox is overwhelming. The ground looks less like dirt than it does like dead, shredding skin. Berms and rock ridges burst through the ground like broken bones. Every so often, you pass a horde of moaning mindless undead, kept as pasture until their Eoxian masters need more laborers.

Soon, the horizon is pierced by Blackmoon. It looks less like a mountain and more like a celestial body meant to destroy this twisted world. You can paths and roads on the lower reaches of Blackmoon.

Berchta leads you into the dig team's compound. There are plentiful chargers to keep your armor's life support full, a necessary precaution on Eox.

A purple-grey skinned Kasatha woman meets you at the entrance of the compound. "I don't have much time," she says in lieu of a greeting, "I trust that as fellow Starfinders, you can handle the investigation while I keep the Bone Sages happy. There are a few compounds like this around Blackmoon, a few dozen miles from one another. We've been trying for the past two weeks to expand our excavation. We've since lost six researchers, four of them being fellow Starfinders. Probably a dozen undead laborers that I assume have been destroyed as well. Of the six researchers, we've only recovered two of their bodies. You have free reign to investigate their bodies along with their living quarters."

"I am Taylehm by the way," she says, and then shifts uncomfortably, "We've also had reports of damaged heavy equipment at one of our expansion sites. I sent three members of our security detail to investigate, and haven't yet heard back from them. Its... not ideal."

slides are updated with Taylehm's picture, and can I remind you all to fill out the first two slides?

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 18/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

"Yep, doesn't sound good. You got a loc-ping? Sooner might matter."

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Hello Taylehm, I’m Doctor DuQuesne. I’d see the bodies now, please. What have you find out so far?

Medicine: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 5 + (3) = 15
or Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor also takes note at the mention of bodies.

life science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Interesting. Another question: Are there any known enemies or rival organizations operating in these environs?

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

"Taylehm, do you have a map or survey of the area where they have gone missing from? Is it one particular site they go missing from or from various sites? We may be able to discern something from the area before we get there."

Acquisitives

HP 14/14 | SP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | KAC 18 EAC 19 | F +2 R +6 W +6 [+2 vs fear] | 30 ft. | Init +5 | Perc +9 | DV60'

- Taylehm, hi. Name's Carlos... I don't see any point in examining the living quarters of the deceaseds. It's not suicide. But. Did your staff examine the bodies? Any medical reports? What exactly killed them? What method of killing?

Carlos seemed to be talking to her and to himself at the same time... and finishes very suddenly:

- I like Eox by the way. Good vibes.

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

"Well, I wouldn't mind if someone went through their logs or journals - they might have seen something in the days before they were targeted by whatever evil lurks here - no offense.". DuQuesne winks at Taylehm. "I know I used to keep very detailed logs back in the day - lawyer's recommendation."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:7/16, HP:18/18, RP:4/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Haven't heard back from them, oh no, they dead.


Blackmoon Survey

"They were headed towards the digsite near Redspire canyon. Their locators did indicate that they reached there but we haven't been able to raise them, and it seems that the locators have either been shut off or destroyed."

"That is not often what we hear. When I first came to Eox, after my accident... I found it horrid." Taylehm says to Carlos. "Since most of the labor here is performed by undead, our medical expertise is limited compared to most Stafinder outposts. Our single doctor Kopos' assessment is that they died after being ambushed by the roving feral undead that roam the wild stretches of Eox."

The bodies are kept in a make shift cryostasis lab. DuQuesene does determine that they are a male human and female korasha lashunta, which matches to two of the missing reseachers. Deep lacerations, compound fractures and missing chunks of skin make further visual identification hard if not impossible.

DuQuesne:
Cause of death is blood loss due to mauling by feral undead.


Blackmoon Survey

There's a wide variety of ways to investigate their living quarters, each of you gets to make two different checks from the following list; Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff, sense motive, an appropriate profession check, Computers, Perception, Stealth or Sleight of Hand

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Well, my dear colleagues, my preliminary assessment is that our two missing researchers fell victim to massive trauma inflicted by undead. Probably feral, due to the nature of the injuries. I suggest we stay alert for such creatures when we go to the site.” says DuQuesne, solemnly.

He proceeds to investigate the quarters:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 6 + (2) = 20

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 18/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

Uli takes a relatively circumspect course in investigating the scene.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor will try to pull up some pertinent information
Computers : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

”Let me query if the computer logs provide any information “

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:7/16, HP:18/18, RP:4/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Frinke looks around and asks other what they know
diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

Looks like most everything is covered, and I'm not trained in anything that hasn't been done yet.


Blackmoon Survey
Bisig "Wreck" Sandahar wrote:
Looks like most everything is covered, and I'm not trained in anything that hasn't been done yet.

its the number of total successes on any skill, not one for each, so everyone will want to make two checks

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor will finish with the computer, share his info and then look for any other clues.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Well, what have the rest of you found?

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

Bisig takes a look around and tries gruffly to get some information from Taylehm.
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Acquisitives

HP 14/14 | SP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | KAC 18 EAC 19 | F +2 R +6 W +6 [+2 vs fear] | 30 ft. | Init +5 | Perc +9 | DV60'

- We just need to put ourselves in the shoes of these boys. Where would I hide my diary, hmm?

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Blackmoon Survey

Whether its by overhearing and interviewing the surviving workers, ruffling through their diaries unseen, or accessing their computer logs, the team is able to put together the following narrative.

Everyone who went missing, including the undead laborers, were all operating beyond the established perimeter of the main excavation site. It’s common knowledge that they fell prey to some of Eox’s roaming feral undead.

The new dig site hasn’t been fully launched yet, and staff are eager to begin work there. So far, Berchta has managed only to set up several automated excavators to start trawling the ground, both identifying points of archaeological interest as well as preparing for the next set of digs. A korasha lashunta named Sennox led a small band of mindless undead menials to begin a preliminary sweep of the area. Sennox’s body was later found ravaged, and the mindless menials disappeared. Berchta has yet to let anyone else inspect the new dig site for fear of further attacks.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:7/16, HP:18/18, RP:4/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Well, it looks like we have to take care of some undead, eh?

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

It seems we have to go explore the new dig site where the attacks happened, before anyone else is killed or destroyed”. DuQuesne stands up, clasping his hands. “Berchta, could you lend us a vehicle to get there? We shall keep it parked nearby, in case of an emergency - unless some of you want to accompany us and wait inside it. I wouldn’t recommend though, it seems quite dangerous”.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 18/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

"Or some kind of a uh, necrovore? I don't know, we'll probably know it when we see it."

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

”By inspecting the site we may uncover additional clues to solve this mystery. Do we need any special equipment , tokens or permits to proceed? “

1 to 50 of 139 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS 1-18] Ultra Plus Blackmoon Survey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.