Ultra Plus Blackmoon Survey

Game Master Will Huston

Slides and Maps!


101 to 150 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor scans the cliffs and rocks for snipers

Perception : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


Blackmoon Survey

Its definitely coming from the west, beyond the red rocks, but Lexicor can't find them at this distance.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 22/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

Before wasting any time trying to find the sniper, Uli bounds into action, hustling towards the cover of the ruins.

Double move so +20'


Blackmoon Survey

1st sniper fire against frinke EAC: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 4 = 10
fire damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
2nd sniper fire against Carlos EAC: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 4 = 9
fire damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Spoiler:
green stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
red stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Two more shots ring out in the canyon, but both miss wide.

Up now
Everyone.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:16/16, HP:15/18, RP:3/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Frink runs again. another 100 feet gained

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

DuQuesne double moves, trying to stick close to the wall.

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor double times it to gain cover from the next wall

”We need to find the shooters soon as this does not calculate to our advantage in a prolonged interaction.“
on phone if hotel so cannot update map

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 5/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

Bisig sprints after Frink.

Run Action


Blackmoon Survey

Lexicor, fyi, it takes a move action to get cover, and if you do so, I'll need to know if you are taking partial or total cover. This is by the rules for this encounter since we're operating on a different scale than normally assumed.

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Ok, will move as far as he can to get the move for partial cover. If that is a single move...or double move if wall to far to reach.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 22/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

Uli bounds forward, keeping to some kind of cover, and tries to spy out the snipers.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor continues to look for snipers


Blackmoon Survey

Uli, you can't pinpoint them, but you get the general sense that they are in that first ridge past the red rocks.

green sniper attack on Frinke EAC: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 4 = 8
green damage, fire: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
red sniper on Frinke EAC: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 4 = 23
red damage, fire: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Carlos double moves on up.

Up
Lexicor
Uli
Duquesne
Bisig
Frinke (-9)

again, stop trying to position yourself part way between squares. Just put yourself in a square and use the text box to the side to note if you have remaining movement to be used.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 22/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

Uli bounds forward in a dead sprint!

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Double move, sticking close to the wall.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:16/16, HP:15/18, RP:3/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Frink has 5 fire resistance from his race, so he should be at -4, not -9. Unless of course, it is suppose to be 1d8+6 and that 5 fire resistance was already taken into consideration.
Frinke runs forward another 100 feet. which is 3 squares +10 feet, so I advanced 4 squares. I was at +20 from before.

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor does not want to be left behind, so double-times it forward after the group.

On my way!


Blackmoon Survey

you took 10 points of fire damage (so 5 there) in the first round's critical hit, and then an additional 4 points now, for a total of 9 hp

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:16/16, HP:15/18, RP:3/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight
GM Ultra Plus wrote:
you took 10 points of fire damage (so 5 there) in the first round's critical hit, and then an additional 4 points now, for a total of 9 hp

gotcha, did miss that, will update my SP to show 7/16

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 5/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

Bisig sprints forward with Frinke and Uli hoping to catch sight of the sniper.


Blackmoon Survey

The Party closes in closer to the sound of high-powered rifle rounds.

Five tall, tapering stone stalagmites rise from the ground like fingers. Holes varying from pinprick shafts to fist-sized gaps mar the surfaces of each digit. The western rock is the shortest, at roughly fifteen feet in height, while the remaining stones reach about thirty feet into the air.

In front of the biggest stone finger, there are splayed out corpses. see pink square on the map

Green sniper fire vs Frinke's EAC: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 2 = 10
Fire damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Red sniper fire vs Uli's EAC: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 = 9
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

gm screen:
green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Both shots whiz by the people in front, but fail to strike their targets.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:16/16, HP:15/18, RP:3/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Frinke will just doublemove this time, 50 feet. I'm on the left side of the rock if I can get there, otherwise at the south tip, but I'm sure that is common sense.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 22/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

Uli slows to a hustling jog as he banks wide around the red rocks.

Double Move

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Full action to run 90 ft. ahead, hidden behind a corner.

"Keep at it, fellas, we are almost through!"

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 5/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

Bisig sprints up behind the first rock formation.

Full run action

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lex keeps double-timing it to keep up with the others.


Blackmoon Survey

Carlos runs forward

green shot vs uli EAC: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 = 26
Green fire damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Green Crit damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

red shot vs Uli EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
red fire damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The shots continue to ring out.

Up
Lexicor
Uli (-7)
Duquesne
Bisig
Frinke (-9)

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor continues to double-time his movement, trying to catch up to the front liners.

Those are getting too close for comfort!

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:16/16, HP:15/18, RP:3/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Frinke doublemoves near the rocks, avoiding the dead bodies. moved two squares, but my movement doublemove is 50, so I'm in that square -10 feet. Or you can have me move one square to the right and call it that square +20 if that is easier.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 22/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

Sorry, just to clarify - is the pink just the corpses, or do we have reason to suspect the snipers are there too?

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Double move, getting close to the palm of the suspicious red giant hand.

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 5/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

Double move, skirting around the outside edge of the rocks.


Blackmoon Survey

Pink is the corpses.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 22/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Uli hops in among the bodies, giving them a quick scan for anything that they should have used to avoid this ambush!


Blackmoon Survey

Uli, while looking in the corpses realizes that these attackers must have done some battlefield engineering, as that square is rigged to blow with an motion-detecting bomb.

Uli give me a reflex save. The scenario's pretty clear that "a quick inspection of the bodies without inspecting the area" triggers the bomb, so hopping among the bodies would trigger it.

DC 12 Reflex for half: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) = 12

Luckily, though, Uli finds a credstick partially buried near the explosive device. It has 750 credits on it.

Red Sniper vs Duquesne's EAC: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 = 12
Red Fire Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
green sniper vs Uli's EAC: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 2 = 10
Green Fire damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Neither sniper makes connection with their shots.

Carlos continues to run forward. full round run

Up now
Lexicor
Uli (-7)
Duquesne
Bisig
Frinke (-9)

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 22/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Evasion!

Uli nimbly avoids the explosion, bounding away in an explosion of compact muscle as he streaks ahead to find the snipers!

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:16/16, HP:15/18, RP:3/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Frinke Runs forward 100 feet now in my square +0

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

DuQuesne runs ahead. "That was close, but not good enough!" he yells, as a bullet goes over his head.

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 5/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

Bisig runs forward another 100ft.

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Lexicor throws caution to the wind and dashes full speed (run) ahead.


Blackmoon Survey

"Out of my way, you rat!" Carlos yells as he double moves forward.

Red sniper vs Uli's EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Red Fire Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Green Sniper vs Uli's EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Green Fire Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

gm screen:
green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Uli feels another strike against his armor.

Up next
Lexicor
Frinke (-9)
Uli (-21)
Duquesne
Bisig

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 22/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

To be clear, I actually have evasion and took no damage from the explosion, so I think I'm just down 14?
Also, now that I'm clear of the red rocks any sense of where these snipers are? With the -20 to stealth while sniping they can't be having that easy a time hiding anymore, right?

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

DuQuesne runs again, closing in the first step.

Wayfinders

Android Technomancer 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 6/6 | RP 3/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +0 | KAC 12| EAC 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2

Still trying to close the distance to the front line, Lexicor runs yet again.

Acquisitives

NG Male Soldier (Sharpshooter) 1 | HP 9/9 | SP 5/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | Init +7 | Perc +0 | KAC 15 | EAC 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +2 | CMB 23 | BAB +1

Bisig moves up behind Carlos and takes a scan of the area looking for the snipers.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Summerborn Ryphorian Scholar Sharpshoot Soldier 2: Spd:25, Init:3, SP:16/16, HP:15/18, RP:3/4, KAC:18, EAC:15, 5 Fire Resistance, Fort:4, Ref:3, Will:6, Per:5, Lowlight

Frinke runs forward another 100 feet. my square +10 feet.


Blackmoon Survey

my bad Uli, I had it in my head that I missed adding damage to you and was recorrecting for that, but I think I must have been counting the crit twice.

As for spotting them, it takes a move action to search out where they are. Its definitely possible now to spot them in a way that it wasn't back at the start of the map, but they still have some distance between you and them that's partially covering for the penalty for sniping.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 4) | SP 22/28, HP 28/28 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 7/7

I know that if we didn't see them, then we don't get unlimited free perception checks, but we should get them every time they re-establish stealth, then their check "is opposed by the Perception checks of creatures in the area that might detect you", right? 'Cause even when sniping, you are visible, and then "hide again."

As part of their check or as a move action, if I'm misreading things.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, Inspiring Boost (6), +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

I think this bit of the scenario is more of a "mini-game" than a regular tactical encounter, at least until we run straight into them.


Blackmoon Survey

Alright, I may have messed up here, and you should have gotten a free check, but it's only in the this round round that your penalties from distance are less than their penalties for sniping, so the odds were really stacked in their favor that you guys wouldn't spot them until now. (like that check you just made, with the distance penalties, is a total of a 3. Luckily with their stealth, the DC for was -2 and -3 for green and red this turn) Uli, you see both of them now

Duquesne perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 you see green
Bisig perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15 you see neither of them
Frinke perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 you see neither of them
Lexicor perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 you see neither of them
Carlos Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 You see green

go ahead and do two turns on your next post just to keep things going

green vs Frinke's EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
green damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
red vs Frinke's EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
red damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Spoiler:
Green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

They're in sniper nests so once you know where they are, you can just fire where they are, I'm fine with that. But to know where they are to fire, you need to succeed on your own perception. If someone calls out (as a free action) their positions gain a +4 bonus on the perception. DC for green is -8, and Red is 6, but you a take -1 for every ten feet between you and them to see where they are.

Carlos runs as a full round action. He yells out green's location.
Carlos Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

101 to 150 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS 1-18] Ultra Plus Blackmoon Survey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.