The Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master Kevin O'Rourke 440

Current Map


1 to 50 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Feel free to dot.


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 1 | Perc +7 | F +5, R +8, W +7 | HP 20/20

(Thanks!)


It has been three days since you left Falcons Hollow, climbing into the back of one of Bort Bargith’s wagons bound for the faraway Isger capital of Elidir. The smiling caravan master cut your travel cost to only a handful of coppers, so long as you promised to protect the wagons should any trouble arise. Fortunately, your journey through the hinterlands of Isger has been quiet, even if the ride itself has been far from comfortable.

As you broke camp this morning, Bort (a male dwarf) announced you should arrive at the town of Etran’s Folly by nightfall, and he promised a comfortable bed for the night as a reward for a long day’s travel. The caravan’s Olf and Ulf Redfren (male humans) teamsters shared a chuckle between them, trading knowing glances and subtle nods, but soon enough you are on the road again, the wagon bouncing and creaking along the uneven trail. Glunda Grapeleaf (a female gnomish druid) shakes her head at the two brothers.

Cooky the elderly elven man lets out a light chuckle while Tamli Grent, a half orcish woman and the second in command keeps a keen eye over the group.


Human Barbarian 1 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 21/25 Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 0/5| AC: 16 (18 not raging), TAC: 10 (12 not raging) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | Perc: +4 Athletics +5 Intimidation +0 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: Drain 1

A huge man with the look of a Kellid tribal walks by the wagon. He is dressed in warm furs, steel chainmail, and comfortably wields a double-headed axe that looks suitably for an ogre. His hair is long, a deep dark brown, and spiked with animal fat. Haphazardly. His face is bearded like an overgrown thicket and sports a massive smile under a ruddy face.

"Meat and ale tonight, eh Bort?"


"There'll certainly be ale and I'm sure they'll have at least a little meat." Bort responds.

"With lots of turnips!" Olf chimes in.

"Yes they have plenty of turnips. Tell me, have I ever told you about the magical turnip I came across before Throkk?"

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |

Sool hasn't said much so far on the journey. He appears to be a middle-aged elven man with a long face, long ears and a long goatish little white beard jutting from his chin, his only facial hair. He wears a poor tunic that drapes half-way down his thighs and simple breeches, and boots of elven make that were probably once quite nice but have seen too many years. When addressed he has responded in dull monosyllables when he could get away with it, and seems especially to ignore the crude giggles of the Redfren brothers. He spends most of his time reading or staring off into space while the caravan is moving, and seems to stay up nearly all night writing in a journal of some kind, reserving only a few hours to recline on his back and stare blankly up at the stars (...or the clouds, as the case may be).

That's why it's a little surprising when he pipes up now.

"Why is it called Etran's Folly?" he asks Bort blandly.


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 1 | Perc +7 | F +5, R +8, W +7 | HP 20/20

Morsun sits in one of the wagons neither too close nor too far from Bort Bargith's wagon. He could appreciate traveling with a fellow dwarf, but he constantly worried about him recognizing him as the disgraced dwarf he is. In short: as much as he hates it, he can't trust any dwarf that would trust him.

He keeps his crossbow loaded as he scans the trees on either side of the road as they travel. He listens for signs of trouble as well any of the teamsters' conversations for a hint that they might turn on him.

He had to get out of town fast. Someone started putting together how days after they had their shop's locks replaced, the unsecured windows were suddenly the known egress into the inventory room.


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 [Drained: 15/15] | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 2/2 / Divine Font 0/2

Sazen smiles at Sool, wanting to know the same thing.

Once they get an answer to that, she asks

If they won't have enough meat, perhaps we should get some hunting in on the way? We might be able to scare up enough to supplement dinner. A couple of us could ride out and look for some game?

She looks earnest with her blonde hair tied back and she is evidently ready to do as she suggests since she has a large hunting bow peeking over her shoulder where she can easily get at it. She is human, about 5'6", pleasant looking but definitely not stunning, not strong, but very quick and coordinated.

She isn't pushy or anything, preferring to set an example and do good deeds, the way Erastil led his people, but she isn't at all shy about her religion, and so anyone who has been around her for more than a day will definitely know that she is a follower of Erastil, willing to tell stories about him to anyone who will listen.

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |

"You'd be just as likely to run into goblins or hobgoblins as to find a turkey or a deer. Remember where you are." says Sool. He picks up his book again, a treatise on mana stream dynamics in planar barriers. "I'd recommend patience." he says with a sort of dismissive sigh.


Human Barbarian 1 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 21/25 Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 0/5| AC: 16 (18 not raging), TAC: 10 (12 not raging) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | Perc: +4 Athletics +5 Intimidation +0 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: Drain 1

Throkk turns his head at Sazen and Sool's talk of meat and hunting.

"That's a pity. I'd be happy to help hunt.", he says, tapping one of the javelins that he carries on his broad back.

"If gobs show up, I'll hunt them too.", he adds, grinning at the thought.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

"Best to stick close together in the Chitterwood, its not the worst part of it and the bits near the road to get checked from time to time. Still I think you'll like the turnips." Bort advises.

Olf motions for Sool to come closer. "I've no idea why they call it Etran's Folly, you'd have to ask a local. They are the only ones who call it that. Everyone else calls it Plaguestone, I wouldn't call it that infront of anyone."

Cooky frowns "Horrible name to call it. Twenty years back it was almost wiped out by a plague."


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 [Drained: 15/15] | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 2/2 / Divine Font 0/2
Sool wrote:
"You'd be just as likely to run into goblins or hobgoblins as to find a turkey or a deer. Remember where you are." says Sool. He picks up his book again, a treatise on mana stream dynamics in planar barriers. "I'd recommend patience." he says with a sort of dismissive sigh.

Good advice. Thanks, Sool. says Sazen, ignoring (at least externally) the tone of the remark, and keeping an eye out for anything that looks dangerous, realizing that she should indeed probably be more diligent.

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |
Sazen wrote:
Good advice. Thanks, Sool. says Sazen, ignoring (at least externally) the tone of the remark

Sool inclines his head respectfully without looking up from his book.

"Plaguestone. Charming." he mutters to himself as he turns a page.


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 1 | Perc +7 | F +5, R +8, W +7 | HP 20/20

At the mention of goblins, Morsun spits, but otherwise says nothing.


| HP: 7/17 | AC 18 | F:+7 R:+9 W:+7 | Class DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Speed 25 ft. | Perc +5 | Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Intimidation +4 | Acrobatics +7, Athletics +3, Stealth +7 | Active Conditions: None

A chipper little halfling rides along with the group. Incredibly pale, with shoulder length blonde hair so light it's nearly white, and red makeup around her eyes, cheeks, and the tops of her hands, it's obvious the little waif comes from the far north, where the sun rarely shines and the weather is cold. She's dressed in a red wool coat, with a high collar, buttoned up over her clothes, and a jaunty red knitted cap atop her head. The hem of her knee-length green dress, trimmed with fine embroidery, peeks out from under her coat, along with her black breeches, that reach barely past her knees. Despite her apparent warm clothing, her hairy feet are bare.

She taps her feet as they continue down the road.

"Plaguestone, hey? Not a place you'd like to live, am I right?" She jokes. "Ah, I'm sure it's not so bad! Give me a roof, and a bed, and a meal, and I'm fine!" With a dimpled smile she leans over to Sool and whispers, "Honestly, all I need's the food!" Then she claps him on the back and bursts out laughing.

"Well, this has been a long trip, hey? I feel like I've barely gotten to know some of you." She points at Sazen. "You! Sazen! Where are you from? Why are you headed to Isger? And what..." she pauses for dramatic effect, finally adding with a flourish, "Is your favourite colour?!"


Human Barbarian 1 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 21/25 Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 0/5| AC: 16 (18 not raging), TAC: 10 (12 not raging) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | Perc: +4 Athletics +5 Intimidation +0 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: Drain 1

"It sounds rough. Is there plague there now?", asks Throkk, curious.

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |
Emri wrote:
With a dimpled smile she leans over to Sool and whispers, "Honestly, all I need's the food!" Then she claps him on the back and bursts out laughing.

Sool does his best to maintain his dignity, but his face can't help but betray that he feels a bit put upon by this infringement of his personal space. "Indeed." he manages to grumble noncommittally.


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 [Drained: 15/15] | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 2/2 / Divine Font 0/2

Amused by Emri's exuberance, Sazen smiles and answers.

Well, favorite color is easy. Definitely green. As for where I am from and why I am going to Isger, that's a little more complicated. I was born just outside Isger actually, but I haven't been back in a long time. Right now I'm on a mission from Erastil, spreading his word and doing his work, but I should probably go back and make peace with my parents. I kind of rebelled against them by joining up with Erastil, and we haven't really talked since then, but family is important, so while I'm in Isger I'm going to find them and make sure they are doing well.


Throkk the Mighty wrote:
"It sounds rough. Is there plague there now?", asks Throkk, curious.

"If there is I doubt we'll be staying for dinner!" Ulf responds glumly, to which Olf chuckles.

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |

"Wouldn't that be a shame to miss out on all those turnips?" says Sool slowly and slightly superciliously, still surveying his book. He's positively talkative all of a sudden.


| HP: 7/17 | AC 18 | F:+7 R:+9 W:+7 | Class DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Speed 25 ft. | Perc +5 | Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Intimidation +4 | Acrobatics +7, Athletics +3, Stealth +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Ahhh, interesting!" Emri replies to Sazen, nodding along with her tale. Then she points at Morsun. "YOU! You're next! Where are you from? Why are you heading into Isger? And what.... is your favourite food?"

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |

This actually makes Sool look up from his book. He glances back at Morsun and lifts an eyebrow. Perhaps he's curious about the dwarf's culinary tastes.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 1 | Perc +7 | F +5, R +8, W +7 | HP 20/20

Morsun's eyes widen in a panic as he looks at Emri, briefly glances at Sool, and then suddenly returns his gaze to the passing treeline.

"Um, I'm from a small dwarven village called... Beard...ville? Beardville. It's near Highhelm, I think.

"I'm going to Isger for... business. Work business.

"Um, and a Dwarven Stout is the best meal a body can have."

Deception (Lie): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 <--Compare that to your Perception DC (which is 10 + your Perception modifier)


| HP: 7/17 | AC 18 | F:+7 R:+9 W:+7 | Class DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Speed 25 ft. | Perc +5 | Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Intimidation +4 | Acrobatics +7, Athletics +3, Stealth +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Wow. Suspicious much?" Emri snorts. "That's some smooth... uh... personal fabrication. Moving on, I guess."

She points at Sool. 'YOU! Tell me about yourself, pal! Where are you from? Why are you going to Isger? And do elves really not wear underwear? Enquiring minds are dying to know!"

Leaning over she whispers loudly to Sool, "And try to keep it, you know, TRUE."

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |

"I always tell the truth." says Sool. He waits a moment to let that sink in, smirking slightly. Then with a sigh he goes on.

"It's rather ridiculous to think I can boil down my life into a few sentences, but I understand that you are just trying to make conversation because you are bored. I assume you become bored easily? But very well..."

"I was born in Kyonin and I've spent most of the last 30 years in Absalom at the Arcanamirium. I was one of the resident scholars on theoretical problems in arcane studies, and taught a class on the Dark Tapestry that was well regarded by many of my colleagues."

"I'm not exactly going to Isger actually. It's more like a way station along my road. You might say that I felt the need to stretch my legs after so much time spent in a scholastic haven."

"And I can't speak for elves generally, but I wear underwear. There's a charming boutique in Absalom called the' Ivy Leaf' that I heard about from Kreighton Shane that sells sensible well-made undergarments. I buy my stockings there as well. I didn't keep my receipts, alas."

Sool recites all this in a dull near-monotone, looking off into the distance, with not a twitch of facial expression. As he finishes, the wagon hits a particularly nasty dip in the road, causing him to lurch sideways and grab onto the backboard to steady himself. He grimaces and exhales heavily and casts a baleful glance at the driver, and then adjusts his sitting posture stiffly.


| HP: 7/17 | AC 18 | F:+7 R:+9 W:+7 | Class DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Speed 25 ft. | Perc +5 | Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Intimidation +4 | Acrobatics +7, Athletics +3, Stealth +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Dark Tapestry? So you're into weaving? That's cool. I've never met any wizard weavers before." She grins. "First time for everything!" She points a finger at Throkk. "You're up, big guy! Where are you from? Why are you going to Isger? And how, on Golarion, did you get so MUSCULAR? You work out a lot?"


“Up ahead is Plaguestone,” Keldaran shouts from the front of the wagon. No sooner does the call fade from his lips than it is overshadowed by a series of long, mournful howls emanating from the woods to either side of the caravan. Moments later, you hear cries of panic as a pack of mangy wolves descends from the forest with teeth bared!

Emri Perception. AC18: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Morson Perception. AC18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Sool Perception. AC14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Sazen Perception. AC17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Throkk Perception. AC18: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Wolves Perception. AC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

The wolves move forward and start snapping at you, one manages to get a hold of Emri's leg and sinking it's fangs in. Fleas jump off and onto the gnome.
Actions: Move, Bite, Bite
Bite Vs Emri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Bite Vs Emri: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bite Vs Morson: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Bite Vs Morson: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 5 = 6
Bite Vs Throkk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Bite Vs Throkk: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 5 = 2
@Emri Anyone bitten by a mangy wolf is sickened 1 for 1 minute unless they succeed at a DC 14 Fortitude save, but they can spend an Interact action to scratch awaythe fleas and remove the condition

Sazen AC17
Sool AC14
Morson AC18
Throkk AC18
Emri AC18

Wolves AC15

There are a dozen wolves but we're just focusing on the ones attacking your wagon


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 [Drained: 15/15] | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 2/2 / Divine Font 0/2

Hearing the howls, Sazen quickly stands up in the wagon to get a better look while pulling her bow and starts shooting as soon as she has a target.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Piercing Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Unfortunately, her first shot misses.


| HP: 7/17 | AC 18 | F:+7 R:+9 W:+7 | Class DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Speed 25 ft. | Perc +5 | Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Intimidation +4 | Acrobatics +7, Athletics +3, Stealth +7 | Active Conditions: None

Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"Oi!" Emri exclaims, looking down at the wolf that jut tore her leg open. "Get OFF!"

With a sudden snarl of rage Emri adopts a defensive stance. She leaps into the air, and kicks the wolf right in the face once, then twice -- though the wolf ducks under her second blow. She lands, and smirks. Then she draws back her fist and punches the wolf right in the nose!

Adopting dragon stance (1A). Flurry of blows w/ dragon tail (1A), strike w/ regular unarmed strike (1A).

Flurry of blows 1 (dragon tail): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2

Flurry of blows 2 (dragon tail): 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 5 = 7
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 10

Strike (unarmed) 1: 1d20 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 8 = 15
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

With a rather proud look she snarls at it, baring her surprisingly sharp teeth. "Go on! Get!"

GM FYI:
FYI, in case you're curious, her dragon tail has backswing, but NOT agile, so its' got a full -5 for the second attack, but her regular unarmed strike is agile, which is why it only has a -8, not a -10 penalty.


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 1 | Perc +7 | F +5, R +8, W +7 | HP 20/20

Eyes wide, Morsun's face had reddened under his copious facial hair when Emri called out his lies. His embarrassment distracted him from the sight of the wolves bounding towards the wagon until they were right on top of it. When his wits finally returned, he unloads his crossbow at the green wolf in front of him.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Afterwards, he slips back to the rear corner of the wagon and reloads his crossbow.

Actions: Strike (1), Step (1), Reload (1)


Human Barbarian 1 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 21/25 Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 0/5| AC: 16 (18 not raging), TAC: 10 (12 not raging) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | Perc: +4 Athletics +5 Intimidation +0 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: Drain 1

Then

Emri wrote:
She points a finger at Throkk. "You're up, big guy! Where are you from? Why are you going to Isger? And how, on Golarion, did you get so MUSCULAR? You work out a lot?"

Throkk looks down then points a brawny thumb at his chest with pride. Onlookers will realise that he's pointing to a smooth grey stone on a leather necklace.

"I am Throkk the Mighty, of the Greystone Hunters! We walk a lot. Elders told me that I have the touch of the giants. That I should walk very far and find fights to get good at fighting. I fight and I lift and I fight. I like lift and fight."

Then he shakes his head, as if remembering something sad.

"I went to Lastwall and fought but people kept dying. I grabbed these big weapons and left. Falcon's Hollow did not like me. Called me names and tried to steal from me. So I go to Eyes-ger. How about you, small one?"

Throkk has cheered up since and is curious.

****************************************************************

Now

Throkk suddenly sees wolves! Sick wolves!

Then he sees one bite Emri. He roars:

"You bit the small one! TIME TO DIE, SICK WOLVES!!"

Throkk is visibly very, very angry indeed, and starts swinging his oversized axe wildly.

Actions: 1 - Rage. 2 - Strike at Green wolf. 3 - Depending on who's alive - Strike at Green wolf OR strike at Yellow wolf OR move up to Red wolf.

Large Greataxe, Strike 1: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13

Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 6 = 16

Large Greataxe, Strike 2, Sweep Trait: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 - 5 + 1 = 9

Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 6 = 14

+5 temp HP. -1 AC. +6 damage with large weapon and Titan Mauler. Clumsy 1, which is a -1 to Dexterity-based checks and DCs, including AC, Reflex saves, ranged attack rolls, and skill checks using Acrobatics, Stealth, and Thievery.

Totals currently while raging: 25 HP + 5 temp HP. +6 damage. 16 AC. Ref +1. -1 at ranged. -1 to Acrobatics, Stealth, Thievery.

Rage - Self-Explanatory Title:

You tap into your inner fury and begin raging. You gain a number of temporary Hit Points equal to your level plus your Constitution modifier. This frenzy lasts for 1 minute, until there are no enemies you can perceive, or until you fall unconscious, whichever comes first. You can’t voluntarily stop raging. While you are raging:

You deal 2 additional damage with melee weapons and unarmed attacks. This additional damage is halved if your weapon or unarmed attack is agile.
You take a –1 penalty to AC.
You can’t use actions with the concentrate trait unless they also have the rage trait. You can Seek while raging.

After you stop raging, you lose any remaining temporary Hit Points from Rage, and you can’t Rage again for 1 minute.

Titan Mauler (Throkk's Instinct Ability):

You can use a weapon built for a Large creature if you are Small or Medium (both normally and when raging). If you’re not Small or Medium, you can use a weapon built for a creature one size larger than you. You gain access to one weapon one size larger than you, of any weapon type otherwise available at character creation. It has the normal Price and Bulk for a weapon of its size (page 295). When wielding such a weapon in combat, increase your additional damage from Rage from 2 to 6, but you have the clumsy 1 condition (page 618) because of the weapon’s unwieldy size. You can’t remove this clumsy condition or ignore its penalties by any means while wielding the weapon.

Clumsy Condition (Throkk has this when raging):

Source Core Rulebook pg. 618
Your movements become clumsy and inexact. Clumsy always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to the condition value to Dexterity-based checks and DCs, including AC, Reflex saves, ranged attack rolls, and skill checks using Acrobatics, Stealth, and Thievery.

Sweep (trait on greataxe):

Sweep
Source Core Rulebook pg. 283
This weapon makes wide sweeping or spinning attacks, making it easier to attack multiple enemies. When you attack with this weapon, you gain a +1 circumstance bonus to your attack roll if you already attempted to attack a different target this turn using this weapon.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |

At the sound of the howling wolves, Sool stands, letting his precious book fall to the cart bed. And as they charge out of the trees, he hoists back his sleeves and takes up slightly crouched stance, left foot forward. He begins to murmur to himself, strange words that do not sound elvish, and he holds forward one hand, his fingers split strangely into three separate directions. After a few moments of this he holds his other hand high above his head and then brings it downward in a long slow arc until it meets the top of his splayed hand. As he does this, the tempo of his words slow and the pitch of his voice deepens -- by the end of his incantation, a bass note vibration makes the hairs on the wolves waver and tremble. He holds this pose as the spell completes.

Casting Sleep, 5 foot burst, centered just behind the wolves to catch them and not us. Will Save DC 17


Hearing the howls, Sazen quickly stands up in the wagon to get a better look while pulling her bow and starts shooting as soon as she has a target.

Unfortunately, her first shot misses.

At the sound of the howling wolves, Sool stands, letting his precious book fall to the cart bed. And as they charge out of the trees, he hoists back his sleeves and takes up slightly crouched stance, left foot forward. He begins to murmur to himself, strange words that do not sound elvish, and he holds forward one hand, his fingers split strangely into three separate directions. After a few moments of this he holds his other hand high above his head and then brings it downward in a long slow arc until it meets the top of his splayed hand. As he does this, the tempo of his words slow and the pitch of his voice deepens -- by the end of his incantation, a bass note vibration makes the hairs on the wolves waver and tremble. He holds this pose as the spell completes. One of the two wolves affected slumps to the ground.
Red Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Green Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Sool I think your spell DC should currently be 15. 10+Trained(Level)+Int Modified. The difference between him failing and critically failing... well I suspect the sleeping wolf will be taken out before you get to the minute mark so an hour right now is a bit pointless.

Eyes wide, Morsun's face had reddened under his copious facial hair when Emri called out his lies. His embarrassment distracted him from the sight of the wolves bounding towards the wagon until they were right on top of it. When his wits finally returned, he unloads his crossbow at the green wolf in front of him.

Throkk suddenly sees wolves! Sick wolves!

Then he sees one bite Emri. He roars:

"You bit the small one! TIME TO DIE, SICK WOLVES!!"

Throkk is visibly very, very angry indeed, and starts swinging his oversized axe wildly.

"Oi!" Emri exclaims, looking down at the wolf that jut tore her leg open. "Get OFF!"

With a sudden snarl of rage Emri adopts a defensive stance. She leaps into the air, and kicks the wolf right in the face once, then twice -- though the wolf ducks under her second blow. She lands, and smirks. Then she draws back her fist and punches the wolf right in the nose! I crumples in a bloody heap.

With a rather proud look she snarls at it, baring her surprisingly sharp teeth towards the only one still standing. "Go on! Get!"

A new healthier looking wolf moves in from the undergrowth and starts circling around to the side of the wagon.

Bite Vs Throkk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Bite Vs Throkk: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 5 = 3
Bite Vs Throkk: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 5 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Throkk- Anyone bitten by a mangy wolf is sickened 1 for 1 minute unless they succeed at a DC 14 Fortitude save, but they can spend an Interact action to scratch away the fleas and remove the condition.

Sazen AC17
Sool AC14
Morson AC18
Throkk AC18
Emri AC18

Wolves AC15(/18 for the Healthy One) Green Sleeping. Yellow -4.


Human Barbarian 1 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 21/25 Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 0/5| AC: 16 (18 not raging), TAC: 10 (12 not raging) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | Perc: +4 Athletics +5 Intimidation +0 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: Drain 1

Fort Save DC 14: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The fleas bounce off Throkk's furs and mail as the bite barely registers with the huge tribal.

"DOWN, WOLF!", he roars as he swings and swings, at both the sick wolf and the newcomer.

Actions: strike yellow wolf, strike healthy wolf, strike yellow wolf

Large Greataxe, Strike 1 vs AC 15: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18

Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 6 = 22

Large Greataxe, Strike 2, Sweep Trait vs AC 18: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 - 5 + 1 = 18

Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 6 = 12

Large Greataxe, Strike 3, Sweep Trait vs AC 15: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 10 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 - 10 + 1 = 14

Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 6 = 11

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |

Sool turns to face the heavier looking wolf. He holds one hand out toward it, palm outward, and grabs his wrist with the other hand and squeezes. He whole body trembles visibly for a few seconds, then with a loud exhalation he releases a golden-green blobby bolt of pure energy that weaves its way past intervening allies and gets sucked into the chest of the beast like an iron filing to a magnet. Two more of the same follow in quick succession.

Magic Missile vs Orange, 3 action cast: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) + 3 = 11


| HP: 7/17 | AC 18 | F:+7 R:+9 W:+7 | Class DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Speed 25 ft. | Perc +5 | Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Intimidation +4 | Acrobatics +7, Athletics +3, Stealth +7 | Active Conditions: None

Seeing the wolf beside her fall asleep, Emir hops off the wagon and circles around, coming up behind the yellow wolf. Then she unleashes a series of powerful kicks at it's backside.

Flurry of Blows (dragon tail): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
B Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 4

Flurry of Blows (dragon tail): 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 5 = 4
B Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 [Drained: 15/15] | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 2/2 / Divine Font 0/2

Sazen casts True Strike and then shoots at the yellow wolf.

Allows me to roll an attack twice and take the better one.

Attack 1 option 1: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 = 8
Attack 1 option 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 = 16 <--taking the better one

Piercing Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 - 5 = 11

She tries to get off another shot, but unfortunately it falls short.


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 1 | Perc +7 | F +5, R +8, W +7 | HP 20/20

Morsun had just retreated to the rear of the wagon when he notices a larger wolf had come up to it! Seeing that the halfling had dispatched one of the wolves on her side of the wagon and another one mysteriously drop to the ground, he moves back to where he was and shoots his crossbow at the remaining wolf there.

Actions: Step, Strike, Reload

Ranged Sneak Attack on yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (4) = 7


Sazen casts True Strike and then shoots at the injured wolf and sends it to it's grave.

She tries to get off another shot, but unfortunately it falls short.

Sool turns to face the heavier looking wolf. He holds one hand out toward it, palm outward, and grabs his wrist with the other hand and squeezes. He whole body trembles visibly for a few seconds, then with a loud exhalation he releases a golden-green blobby bolt of pure energy that weaves its way past intervening allies and gets sucked into the chest of the beast like an iron filing to a magnet. Two more of the same follow in quick succession.

Morsun had just retreated to the rear of the wagon when he notices a larger wolf had come up to it! Seeing that the others had handled the mangy wolves he tries to shoot the big one.

The fleas bounce off Throkk's furs and mail as the bite barely registers with the huge tribal.

"DOWN, WOLF!", he roars as he swings and swings, at both the sick wolf and the newcomer managing to finish off both as Emri moves into position.

With the large wolf down the others about the caravan head back into the forest. The members of the caravan start to check on it's members. Bort gives you a satisfied nod...

...strangely where the drool drips from the now dead large wolfs mouth it corrodes the grass sending up wisps of acrid smoke... clearly this was not a common wolf.


Human Barbarian 1 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 21/25 Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 0/5| AC: 16 (18 not raging), TAC: 10 (12 not raging) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | Perc: +4 Athletics +5 Intimidation +0 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: Drain 1

Throkk turns to Emri as he wipes his greataxe on the grass, noticing the burning from the large wolf's drool.

"Are you okay, small one? Wolf bit me too."


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 [Drained: 15/15] | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 2/2 / Divine Font 0/2

Sazen walks about 30 feet away so that she can target the wagon but not any of the wolves, in case any are holding on to life, and heals everyone.

Casting Heal from Divine Font, three action version which targets everyone within 30 feet.

Heal: 2d10 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Then she returns and takes up her post again.

I think that is right... the three action version should give you the two dice from the two action version (I have a feat that makes them 10s instead of 8s). Does that sound right, or is it 1d10+10 (that seemed wrong, but it says "The spell has a range of 30 feet. If you're healing a living creature, increase the Hit Points restored by 8," which was a little confusing. I also see an older playtest version of the spell that seems like it is supposed to be 2d8, but in that one you *also* add your spellcasting ability modifier, which clearly didn't make the cut, so not sure.


I think the d8s become d10s. The different levels don't stack though. For Sazen currently the two action version would be 1d10+8. The three action one is just 1d10 but it affects everyone within 30ft living and dead. The playtest one required actions and... it was very awkward in combat.


| HP: 7/17 | AC 18 | F:+7 R:+9 W:+7 | Class DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Speed 25 ft. | Perc +5 | Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Intimidation +4 | Acrobatics +7, Athletics +3, Stealth +7 | Active Conditions: None

Emri snarls at Throkk, then gives her head a shakes and gives him a dimpled smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. That was some bite! Look at the big marks it left on -- whoah!" Emri looks at Sazen. "Nice healing! The mark's completely gone!"

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |

As the wolves run and the threat recedes, Sool allows his arms to fall limply to his sides. Already a pale person, he becomes positively pallid and sinks back to a sitting position in the wagon and allows one trembling hand to come up to his forehead. He closes his eyes, his breaths coming shallow and quick. He's clearly not injured, and as Sazen's healing washes through the group he continues to sit, apparently unaffected.


Human Barbarian 1 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 21/25 Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 0/5| AC: 16 (18 not raging), TAC: 10 (12 not raging) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | Perc: +4 Athletics +5 Intimidation +0 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: Drain 1

Throkk looks at where the wounds were on Emri and himself, then he grins and waves at Sazen. Noticing Sool, he asks:

"You okay, magic elf?"

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 1 | HP: 11 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+2 R+4 W+7 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 |

Sool nods.

"I just need a moment. Channeling the forces of reality can sometimes be taxing." he says very patiently.


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 [Drained: 15/15] | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 2/2 / Divine Font 0/2

Okay, thanks. So I guess I use up my divine font completely casting it twice then. Hope we don't run into any more bad guys. :)

Sazen replies to Emri with a smile and Thanks! and then when Throkk waves, she waves back, still smiling.


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 1 | Perc +7 | F +5, R +8, W +7 | HP 20/20

Morsun hops down off the wagon and inspects the wolf with the corrosive saliva.

"This isn't an ordinary wolf," he declares.


Bort and Tamli inspect the caravan to make sure everyone is okay. Bort comes over to ye. "Thanks for the healing lass and good work everyone. It's not my first encounter with death." Bort gets a glean in his eye and launches into another one of his tall tales. "One day, while crossing the waters of Lake Encarthan, my boat was set upon by a mighty storm and the ship capsized. As the sea took me, I grabbed hold of one of my lock boxes as I slid beneath the waves, only to awake in front of Pharasma, about to be judged. Alas, the lady
of death could not decide my fate because her hair was being tussled by the storm winds that brought this humble merchant before her. Not wanting to be inconsiderate, I dug through my lockbox and found a silver comb that I gave to the lady to tame her hair. So impressed was she by the gift, the she returned me and me entire crew to the shores of the lake, alive and well! Now-"

Tamli comes over with a serious look on her face and Bort turns apologetically to ye "I'll tell you about the giant over dinner!"

Tamli then speaks "When the wolves charged in, they spooked the
horses pulling the wagons. While the teamsters kept them
from bolting during the attack, the rear wagon was pulled several feet off the trail into the muck, making it nearly impossible to move. Myself, Olf and Ulf are going to try and push it out but we'll need help."

DC15 Atheltics check to help.


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 1 | Perc +7 | F +5, R +8, W +7 | HP 20/20

Morsun puts his back to the wagon and helps to push.

Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

1 to 50 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Fall of Plaguestone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.