The Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master Kevin O'Rourke 440

Current Map


451 to 500 of 723 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Barbarian 2 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 35/44 | Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 6/6| AC: 17 (19 not raging), TAC: 11 (13 not raging) | F: +8, R: +3, W: +5 | Perc: +5 Athletics +6 Intimidation +1 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/2 | | Active conditions: RAGE!

Throkk grins as he ducks under the crossbow bolt and begins to sprint forward!

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

He hops over the tripwires and powers towards Hallod!

Sprint x 3

Athletics test if needed to get to Hallod, to flank with Emri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 2 | Perc +8 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +8 | HP 31/31

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14

Morsun took advantage of the talking to try and get closer to Hallod. He was so worried about not being seen that he didn't notice the trip wire right in front of him.

Morsun is first on the initiative, so he would have encountered the trip wire before Emri or Throkk. And an attack of 28 is a critical hit for him. It's ironic that the guy who is a trap-finder per his backstory goes down this early from a trap!

A spring-loaded spear flies across the room sinking deep into Morsun's ribs.

Trap damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11 <-- x2 = 22. The rules say he has the "Dying 2" condition, which means that he's #2 of 4 on a track towards death. I think in this case my initiative stays the same. Recovery checks start next turn.


Morsun took advantage of the talking to try and get closer to Hallod. He was so worried about not being seen that he didn't notice the trip wire right in front of him.

Morsun is first on the initiative, so he would have encountered the trip wire before Emri or Throkk. And an attack of 28 is a critical hit for him. It's ironic that the guy who is a trap-finder per his backstory goes down this early from a trap!

A spring-loaded spear flies across the room sinking deep into Morsun's ribs.

Emri dashes into the room, nimbly hopping over a set of trip wires. "Whoah, watch your step, folks! This guy's tricky!" She ducks and weaves around the crates and boxes, and launches herself up onto the rocky platform the big bald dude is standing on. "Last chance to surrender!"

Sool looks around calmly at his companions, then seems to settle on Throkk.

"Excuse me..." he say, then runs his long fingers through Throkk's hair, after which he rubs his palms together, then turns his hands in a rolling motion, and finally speaks a word and pushes his hands together in a way that makes a squelching noise.
Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Hallod slips on the grease and onto his back.

You have seen him around town, he was in the tavern when ye first arrived... also I've never heard the term berm before! It's only unattended objects on the objects side.

Throkk grins as he ducks under the crossbow bolt and begins to sprint forward!

He hops over the tripwires and powers towards Hallod!

Sazen shoots the guy.
You get three actions so shoot, reload and you'd have another action. I am going to assume you move over by Morson. I'm happy for you to say you didn't reload in case you want to heal Morson this turn

Hallod regains his footing and draws a Kukri and swings at Throkk leaving a gouge in the large mans armour.
Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Kukri Vs Throkk: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Morson
Emri
Sool
Throkk
Sazen

Hallod


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 2 | Perc +8 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +8 | HP 31/31

Recovery Check DC 12: 1d20 ⇒ 14 <-- This moves me from Dying 2 to Dying 1, I believe.

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |

Sool sends a spray of magic missiles at Hallod.

3 action cast for 3 missiles

Magic Missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) + 3 = 10


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 3/3 / Divine Font 2/2

Longbow has "0" under reload, which I think means you don't have to reload as a separate action, unlike a crossbow. Correct?

Perception check to move up to the traps by Morson: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Sazen uses her Divine Font to heal Morsun.

Heal: 1d10 ⇒ 10

No one else get hurt... that's all my spells for the day.


Human Barbarian 2 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 35/44 | Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 6/6| AC: 17 (19 not raging), TAC: 11 (13 not raging) | F: +8, R: +3, W: +5 | Perc: +5 Athletics +6 Intimidation +1 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/2 | | Active conditions: RAGE!

Throkk sees the gouge then grins at the man.

"Down you go!", he yells cheerfully as he swings his brutal weapon!

Strikes x 3. Is Hallod flanked?

Strike 1: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Strike 1: 1d20 + 4 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 3 - 5 = 21
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Strike 1: 1d20 + 4 + 3 - 10 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 - 10 = 1
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


2 people marked this as a favorite.
| HP: 12/28 | AC 20 | F:+8 R:+10 W:+8 | Class DC: 18 | Hero Points: 0/3 | | Focus Points: 1/1 | Speed 25 ft. | Perc +6 (+2 vs. undetected)| Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Intimidation +5 | Acrobatics +8, Athletics +4, Stealth +8 | Active Conditions: Resistance 2 (bludgeoning and piercing), Weakness (fire) (10 min)

Emri adopts a fierce stance, suddenly snarling and wild eyed. "Time's up!" She hops in the air and pivots, sending a pair of kicks at the man's face! Then she winds up and bops him in the gut with her fist.

Flurry of Blows: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2

Flurry of Blows: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 5 = 9 (If the above attack missed it's +1 higher)
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1

Strike: 1d20 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 8 = 0
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

But, apparently, it's Emri whose time is up! She couldn't hit a the broad side of an ogre's backside!

Dragon stance, flurry of blows, strike.


Moson lies on the ground, the blood flowing from his wounds slowing.

Emri adopts a fierce stance, suddenly snarling and wild eyed. "Time's up!" She hops in the air and pivots, sending a pair of kicks at the man's face! Then she winds up and bops him in the gut with her fist.

But, apparently, it's Emri whose time is up! She couldn't hit a the broad side of an ogre's backside!

Sool sends a spray of magic missiles at Hallod.

Throkk sees the gouge then grins at the man.

"Down you go!", he yells cheerfully as he swings his brutal weapon!
You have to be on opposite sides to flank... still two solid hits.

Sazen uses her Divine Font to heal Morsun.
I believe you are right

Hallod brings his kukri down onto Throkk's bicep. Momentarily distracted by the pain the large barbarian is caught of guard when Hallod kicks him in the midsection... Throkk stumbles backwards over the tripwire which after a twang leads to a spear in his side. Throkk collapses.
One two move attack 1 Vs Throkk: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Critical Hit so Double Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 816 Damage for Throkk
Trigger Dirty Trick Vs Throkk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Spear Launcher Vs Throkk: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 = 17

Hallod coughs up blood as he turns to Emri with a grin. "You come into my house, that's your last mistake." With his free hand he backhands Emri and then slashes across her midsection.
One two move with fist attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Kukri Vs Emri: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Hallod roars in exultation though the blood from his wounds seeps into his clothes. With all his traps triggered he just has to deal with an elf, a human and a half dead dwarf.

Morson
Emri-Dying
Sool
Throkk-Dying
Sazen

Hallod AC19 HP-27

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |

With a flick of his finger, Sool sends a bit of flotsam flying across the room at Hallod.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 3/3 / Divine Font 2/2

Sazen casts Stabilize on Emri, hoping Throkk will survive until she can cast again.


| HP: 12/28 | AC 20 | F:+8 R:+10 W:+8 | Class DC: 18 | Hero Points: 0/3 | | Focus Points: 1/1 | Speed 25 ft. | Perc +6 (+2 vs. undetected)| Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Intimidation +5 | Acrobatics +8, Athletics +4, Stealth +8 | Active Conditions: Resistance 2 (bludgeoning and piercing), Weakness (fire) (10 min)

Emri doesn't die!

But, she doesn't do much of anything else, either.

Thanks, Sazen! Emri is Unconscious at 0 hp, Wounded 1.


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 2 | Perc +8 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +8 | HP 31/31

Morsun gasps awake as Sazen's healing magic courses through his body. He comes to his senses in time to hear Emri's and Throkk's cries of pain and their bodies collapsing. Rolling over to conceal himself behind a nearby barrel, Morsun stands up and moves closer, hoping to hide himself along the path Hallod would take if he comes after Sazen and Sool.

1. Stealth/Hide: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 <-- Assuming the barrels and crates Morsun collapsed behind grant cover, which is where that +2 is coming from.

Action 2: Stand

3. Stealth/Sneak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

So, if those Hide and Sneak checks were successful, Morsun became Hidden and then Undetected. If the Hide check was not successful, I don't know if the Sneak check does anything at all. Maybe it would revert to a Hide check? I can't find the rules on that specific scenario.


Human Barbarian 2 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 35/44 | Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 6/6| AC: 17 (19 not raging), TAC: 11 (13 not raging) | F: +8, R: +3, W: +5 | Perc: +5 Athletics +6 Intimidation +1 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/2 | | Active conditions: RAGE!

Throkk does not move.

Recovery Check with Toughness DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Dying 2. His Recovery check, even with a -1 DC from Toughness, did not pull him out of dying.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 3/3 / Divine Font 2/2

Sorry kids. I feel like we are playing PF1 battles, but by PF2 rules. I can't heal you. All I can do is prevent you from dying. We're going to have to go home and sleep between battles like the fragile creatures we are.


Sool are you sure you are using your three actions? Sool's only taken two actions from what I can see, a shot from the crossbow would have a -5 as it would be the second attack but it could make all the difference

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |
GM Kevin O'Rourke wrote:
Sool are you sure you are using your three actions? Sool's only taken two actions from what I can see, a shot from the crossbow would have a -5 as it would be the second attack but it could make all the difference

Since Sool didn't have his crossbow out and didn't have a bolt loaded, even if it occurred to him to do that, I don't think he'd have time to take a shot as well. Let's just leave it as is.


Morsun gasps awake as Sazen's healing magic courses through his body. He comes to his senses in time to hear Emri's and Throkk's cries of pain and their bodies collapsing. Rolling over to conceal himself behind a nearby barrel, Morsun stands up and moves closer, hoping to hide himself along the path Hallod would take if he comes after Sazen and Sool.

With a flick of his finger, Sool sends a bit of flotsam flying across the room at Hallod.

Sazen casts Stabilize on Emri, hoping Throkk will survive until she can cast again.

Hallod scrambles over the crates and supplies in the area. Sool just manages to dodge the edge of the kukri.
Hallod Vs Sool: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Morson
Emri-Dying
Sool
Throkk-Dying
Sazen

Hallod AC19 HP-33

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |

How do you cast defensively in 2e? Is that even a thing?

I'd like to cast Daze on this guy. But if that's not an option, I'll just attack with the staff and try to give Morsun an opening for his sneak attack


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 3/3 / Divine Font 2/2

Corrected my position on the map... I had to move earlier when I healed Morsun and rolled the check to get over the traps, so I'm not sure how I got bottled up at the entrance again.

Sazen casts stabilize on Throkk.

I think that means that they both aren't dying anymore, doesn't it?


Human Barbarian 2 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 35/44 | Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 6/6| AC: 17 (19 not raging), TAC: 11 (13 not raging) | F: +8, R: +3, W: +5 | Perc: +5 Athletics +6 Intimidation +1 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/2 | | Active conditions: RAGE!

Throkk still isn't moving. But he is now breathing steadily and not bleeding out.


@Sool I don't think so but most enemies can't take AOO.

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/7 |HP:52/52|AC22,F17,T16|F+4,R+10,W+3|Init+6|SPD30|PER +10|ACRO +14|APP +6|BLUFF +13|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +9|DIS DEV +19|DISG +6|ESC ART +12|INTIM +9|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +5|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +12|SWIM +5|UMD+11

Sool quickly blows across his palm and little sparkles of light fly at the villain's eyes.

Cast Daze

Then Sool scarpers away to the south end of the cave.


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 2 | Perc +8 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +8 | HP 31/31

Guessing that he wasn't hiding as well as he thought since Hallod seemed to go out of his way to avoid him, Morsun abandons all pretense of stealth as he scrambles over the barrels between him and Hallod (this is just difficult terrain, I'm assuming) to position himself behind the man. Then, he strikes.

2. Sneak attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (6) = 11

3. Sneak attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (1) = 6

Man, here's hoping Sool's daze works.


Guessing that he wasn't hiding as well as he thought since Hallod seemed to go out of his way to avoid him, Morsun abandons all pretense of stealth as he scrambles over the barrels between him and Hallod (this is just difficult terrain, I'm assuming) to position himself behind the man. Then, he strikes.

Sool quickly blows across his palm and little sparkles of light fly at the villain's eyes.
Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Then Sool scarpers away to the south end of the cave.

Sazen casts stabilize on Throkk.

Hallod uppercuts Morson. As the dwarf crumples to the floor Hallod moves towards Sazen. "There was more fight in ye than I expected but I'll get you all."
Fist Vs Morson: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Critical Hit: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Doubled so 16 nonlethal
Kukri Vs Sazen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Morson-Unconscious
Emri-Dying
Sool
Throkk-Dying
Sazen

Hallod AC19 HP-33

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |

Sool unlimbers his crossbow, loads up a bolt and fires at Hallod.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 3/3 / Divine Font 2/2

Sazen swings at Hallod with her fists.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 = 6
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Then, she snaps her fingers and thorns sprout all over her body.

Vibrant Thorns: "Your body sprouts a coat of brambly thorns that harm those that strike you and thrive on life magic. Adjacent creatures that hit you with a melee attack, as well as creatures that hit you with unarmed attacks, take 1 piercing damage each time they do. Anytime you cast a positive spell, the damage from your thorns increases to 1d6 until the start of your next turn." Lasts one minute (10 rounds).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 2 | Perc +8 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +8 | HP 31/31

According to the rules, I'm knocked out and unconscious until I receive healing or until the GM says I recover.


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 3/3 / Divine Font 2/2

Well, unfortunately, I can't heal anyone anymore. Out of spells, and don't have the "Treat Wounds" skill.

If we live through this (might be a TPK, or maybe I'll die and Sool will run), then we'll try to get everyone conscious again. If we don't live through it, then I think I personally am either making a different character or just going back to playing PF1. :)


Sool unlimbers his crossbow, loads up a bolt and fires at Hallod.

Sazen swings at Hallod with her fists.

Then, she snaps her fingers and thorns sprout all over her body.

Hallod pummels Sazen unconscious.
Fist Vs Sazen: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Fist Vs Sazen: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Morson-Unconscious
Emri-Unconcious
Sool
Throkk-Unconscious
Sazen

Hallod AC19 HP-37

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |

Instead of reloading his crossbow, Sool looks up at the ceiling and notices a rock held in place by a tree root. With a flick of his finger, the rock falls toward the head of Hallod.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

If that does NOT drop Hallod, Sool has one action remaining and does this:

Sool then theatrically throws away his crossbow.

"Very well, it's clear who's won this fight. My congratulations to you. To be honest, I was only humoring these adventurers and following along with them to alleviate my boredom at being trapped in this filthy little hamlet. And to be even more honest, I couldn't care less about Bort being dead. The man was a bore and a fool."

"But I'd be most intrigued to learn the nature of your grievance toward him? And perhaps in return we could work together to arrange a nice surprise for that goblin trash who sold you out and told us where you were."

Casting 'Charming Words', Will Save 17


37+7=44... exactly enough to put him down.

Hallod stops and a trickle of blood rolls down his forehead, his fingers go to touch the red liquid. "You can't kill me with a rock!" He declares incredulously before crumpling to the ground dead...

Loot
50 gp worth of alchemical reagents that can be used in Crafting alchemical items
Runestone containing the shadow rune
2 everburning torches

Folded up in Hallod’s pocket is a note written on a scrap of parchment.:

Hallod,
The final shipment of corpse blood is due in just over a week, and it is the last thing I need from that greedy bastard, Bort. I’ve enclosed a parting gift for him that should ensure he never tells anyone of our dealings. Be sure that he gets it, my darling.
Drop off the reagents as soon as they arrive. My work is almost done. You will find your usual reward in the stump.
—V

Welcome to level 2

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |

The irony of Hallod's last statement in the world strikes the world-weary elf just so. For the first time in years, he simply laughs with pure delight.

"How marvelous!" he says, wiping away a tear of mirth and trying to stop the chuckles from emerging unbidden from his belly. "To die while uttering the most prosaic logical fallacy possible! I shall be sure we put that on your tombstone as your epitaph. Fool."

He quickly searches the man, still fighting the urge to laugh, and finds the bit of parchment. This only makes him laugh more.

"Ha! I knew there was a reason I didn't like that bloviating idiot! The villain got his just dessert indeed. Bon Apetit, Bort. May Pharasma sell your bones. Heehehehe!"

"And you have a partner named V, hey? Well, well, well."

Then he looks around at all his fallen companions and pulls at the wispy hairs of his beard. He sighs, emits one last chortle at the absurd remark of Hallod's passing, then moves to kneel next to the priest. He pats her gently on the cheek, and then splashes a little water on her face, trying to bring her back to consciousness.

Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 2 | Perc +8 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +8 | HP 31/31

Nice work, Sool! And everybody else except for me!


Human Barbarian 2 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 35/44 | Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 6/6| AC: 17 (19 not raging), TAC: 11 (13 not raging) | F: +8, R: +3, W: +5 | Perc: +5 Athletics +6 Intimidation +1 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/2 | | Active conditions: RAGE!

Throkk begins to snore. Loudly.

Throkk will be very grateful once he's conscious. ;)

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |
Throkk the Mighty wrote:
Throkk begins to snore. Loudly.

As Sool ministers to Sazen, he spares a glance back at the snoring Throkk. He looks around, narrows his eyes a moment, then holds out a hand toward the barbarian and speaks an arcane word. A ghostly hand emerges from his real hand, almost immediately becoming invisible. Sool concentrates, then folds his hand down into a fist, except for the index finger, then jabs out into space.

Simultaneously, the sensation of a finger jabbing into his ear strikes Throkk.

Sool then turns his attention back to Sazen.

Mage Hand!


Human Barbarian 2 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 35/44 | Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 6/6| AC: 17 (19 not raging), TAC: 11 (13 not raging) | F: +8, R: +3, W: +5 | Perc: +5 Athletics +6 Intimidation +1 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/2 | | Active conditions: RAGE!

"Whzzt? Hmmmm..."

Throkk briefly mutters, then resumes snoring.


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 3/3 / Divine Font 2/2

No idea what it takes to bring someone to consciousness, so you'll have to tell me if that medicine check does it... is that an "administer first aid" check? Not sure.


I am going to assume so, there's no more threats in the area so ye can all start rping again


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 3/3 / Divine Font 2/2

I don't think that administer first aid can make someone conscious, but I'm guessing I come out of it at some point.

Sazen slowly comes to, surprised to be alive. She looks around and sees that Hallod is dead.

Wow, Sool. Good job.

She starts making everyone as comfortable as possible, figuring they would have to sleep here in order to gain the strength to move elsewhere, and when everyone is situated, she collapses into sleep, still smarting from her extensive injuries.

I can heal us when we wake up, but this seems like the only way to really get everyone back up, unless someone has the treat wounds skill, which looks like the only one that can actually grant HP. Unless I am missing something--?


Resting, medicine and magic seem like the best ways to regain hit points. I'm going to not introduce any more threats pop up in game for a day so ye can rest up properly.

Resting:
Characters require 8 hours of sleep each day. Though resting typically happens at night, a group gains the same benefits for resting during the day. Either way, they can gain the benefits of resting only once every 24 hours. A character who rests for 8 hours recovers in the following ways:
The character regains Hit Points equal to their Constitution modifier (minimum 1) multiplied by their level. If they rest without any shelter or comfort, you might reduce this healing by half (to a minimum of 1 HP).
The character loses the fatigued condition.
The character reduces the severity of the doomed and drained conditions by 1.
Most spellcasters need to rest before they regain their spells for the day.
A group in exploration mode can attempt to rest, but they aren’t entirely safe from danger, and their rest might be interrupted. The 8 hours of rest do not need to be consecutive, however, and after an interruption, characters can go back to sleep.

Sleeping in armor results in poor rest and causes a character to wake up fatigued. If a character would have recovered from fatigue, sleeping in armor prevents it.

If a character goes more than 16 hours without going to sleep, they become fatigued.

Taking long-term rest for faster recovery is part of downtime and can’t be done during exploration. See page 502 for these rules

Grand Archive

M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |
Sazen wrote:
Wow, Sool. Good job.

Sool shrugs. "It was luck, honestly. But that's often the case in such situations. He had laid his traps cleverly and proved more than skillful with his blade. But it was arrogant and rash of him to believe he could single-handedly fight off all of us simultaneously."

He hands over the note he found in Hallod's pocket. "It appears he was working with someone named 'V'. And that Bort was delivering poison components to them for some larger scheme. Which means most likely that the danger to this town is not over yet."

"Can you walk? You all need rest and proper nursing, but it will be easier if we can limp back to town. If this fellow's confederate shows up, we're in no shape to deal with them. Plus, we need to get this news to the town's head men. If you can't walk, I'll go and see if I can arrange some transport for the group."

Sool is all business, but shows none of his usual aloof coldness. His tone of voice is gentle and attentive, like a parent. Or at least a good uncle.


Map | Female | Neutral Good | Versatile Human Missionary Cleric 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +9 | Class DC 17 | Perception +6 | Spells 1L 3/3 / Divine Font 2/2

I can, but they can't. Better to rest here and then go later once I've rested and can heal them.

Sazen understands that there is more to be done, but none of it can be done now, and she goes to sleep (as previously mentioned).

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |

As Sazen slips back into unconsciousness, Sool frowns and looks around at the dreary cave once more. He sighs lightly, then goes outside to rustle up kindling for a fire. Sooner than might be expected, he has a cheery campfire blazing away in the cave. He then settles down with one of his books: "Transitional Phases and Energy States of Mana Streams: A Compendium of Triggering Foci for Reality Shifts (Unabridged)" and begins to read.


Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 2 | Perc +8 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +8 | HP 31/31

With a groan, Morsun comes to. His swollen jaw makes his beard just out comically on the side that took Hallod's uppercut. As he stands up on unsteady feet and takes in the scene, he's at first alarmed to see all of the bodies lying on the ground. After he notices Hallod's body staring sightlessly at the sky, he takes another look at the others, finally noting Throkk's snoring, Sazen peacefully curled up, and Sool a bit apart reading a book. He wordlessly takes in this scene before he checks to make sure Emri is still alive and then moves on to inspect Hallod's corpse.

GM Kevin O'Rourke wrote:

Loot

50 gp worth of alchemical reagents that can be used in Crafting alchemical items
Runestone containing the shadow rune
2 everburning torches

Weapons? Armor? Anything retrievable from the two traps?

Morsun methodically strips the corpse, laying each item of value off to the side. He takes special interest in the Shadow runestone, but places it along with everything else.

I'm assuming nobody else wants the runestone, but please speak up if I'm wrong.


Human Barbarian 2 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 35/44 | Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 6/6| AC: 17 (19 not raging), TAC: 11 (13 not raging) | F: +8, R: +3, W: +5 | Perc: +5 Athletics +6 Intimidation +1 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/2 | | Active conditions: RAGE!

Throkk grunts and rises, despite the many brutal injuries still upon him.

"Urgh. That hurt. Any food?", he asks casually, glancing around for said sustenance.

@Morsun: Fire away.

Grand Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Elf (Seer) Enchanter 2 | HP: 16 | Init +1|AC 14 | F+3 R+5 W+8 | Perc +6 | Class DC 18 |
Throkk the Mighty wrote:

Throkk grunts and rises, despite the many brutal injuries still upon him.

"Urgh. That hurt. Any food?", he asks casually, glancing around for said sustenance.

Sool looks up from his book.

"Well... I suppose we could roast one of those dogs we slaughtered. Or there might still be some of that tainted cheese around." he says. Nevertheless he digs into his pack and pulls out an apple, and tosses it to Throkk the Hungry.


Human Barbarian 2 (Giant Instinct) | HP: 35/44 | Non-lethal: 0 |Temp HP : 6/6| AC: 17 (19 not raging), TAC: 11 (13 not raging) | F: +8, R: +3, W: +5 | Perc: +5 Athletics +6 Intimidation +1 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/2 | | Active conditions: RAGE!

"Thanks, Sool. Mmm, cheese...", Trosvod trails off just before he chomps into the apple.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Strong-Blooded Dwarf Tinker Rogue 2 | Perc +8 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +8 | HP 31/31
Throkk the Mighty wrote:
Trosvod

*cough*


@Moron the loot on Hallod
Heavy crossbow (9 bolts)
+1 kukri
leather armor
lesser healing potion
lesser juggernaut mutagen (2),
strongbox key

451 to 500 of 723 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Fall of Plaguestone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.