GM Wayfinder's GD VIII Escaping the Grave

Game Master Eric Collins - France

Sideshow Slideshow - current information, maps, and such
Handout - invitation for the Pathfinders
PFS 2E Guide


101 to 150 of 282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

Male NG Half-elf Alchemist 1 || Infused Reagents: 4 Lesser Elixers of Life, 2 Antiplagues, 2 Antidotes | HP 18/18| AC 17 |Perception DC 13|| F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +3, Low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Batches 1/6 || Active conditions:

If you want to wait for me, I have +5 thievery, but you can cut out the wayfinder to; doesn't really matter to me how we do it.

Radiant Oath

Dwarf Warrior Fighter 1| HP 23/23 AC 18 (20)| Fo +8 Re +6 Wi +5; resist poison 1| Speed 20| Percep +7

I don't know if there's a penalty for failing the check, but there doesn't seem to be one for taking time, other than taking time. So, since we're here for 10 minutes anyway, Tybalt will take the time to cut it out.


PFS 2E Guide

As Laraman takes such extreme good care of Devin, who patiently waits to have his wounds tended to, before rising up, fully healed--

--Tybalt spends the time carefully slicing away at the "horse"'s neck, with his axe.
He is patient, so as to disentangle the chain, and then slip the compass part of the wayfinder out, without ever nicking the metal or yanking on it.
Finally he does so, and, having wiped it clean, has in his hands a fine wayfinder.

Meanwhile, Kamil, having realized it will take time to examine the corpses, but that the other three are busy right now, looks over the three corpses of people turned into undead.
All are disfigured, and he cannot be sure of their original race.

Only one, though its features are rotted and torn, has clothing that, although now tattered and dirtied, was nevertheless clearly fine at one time, with a torn ruffled collar and ripped cloak.

Kamil spends some time observing the body, and his medical skills lead to determine that this undead was once a human, and that his neck and face both show significant damage from some kind of violent strangulation and tearing from teeth-- there is also more recent damage, from when it met its undoing at your hands.
(rolled for you Kamil, just to keep things moving, at least it was a success!)

Kamil looks at the clothing, and feels that if he spent some time pulling it off the corpse some, and examining it in detail - well, he or someone else - they might determine where this was tailored.

You just all spent 10 minutes or so.
You can have one (or more at the same time, or helping) spend 10 minutes looking at the clothes and do a Society check

GM Rolls:
Medicine: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Radiant Oath

Male NG Half-elf Alchemist 1 || Infused Reagents: 4 Lesser Elixers of Life, 2 Antiplagues, 2 Antidotes | HP 18/18| AC 17 |Perception DC 13|| F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +3, Low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Batches 1/6 || Active conditions:

society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Laraman looks at the clothes, but doesn't appear to immediately recognize anything interesting about them.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 2 | AC 18 (19 Shield Raised) | HP 22/22| F +5 R +6 W +6 | Init +4 Perception, +5 Stealth, +7 Deception|

Society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Kamil is not sure either.


PFS 2E Guide

Kamil and Laraman see that these clothes are not fit to be worn anymore.

Horizon Hunters

Male half-elf fighter 1 | HP 19/19 Hero 1/3 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | otherworldly magic, power attack | Active conditions: None.

Society: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Thanking Laraman, Devin heads over to see what everyone is looking at and says "Looks like rags to me."

Radiant Oath

Dwarf Warrior Fighter 1| HP 23/23 AC 18 (20)| Fo +8 Re +6 Wi +5; resist poison 1| Speed 20| Percep +7

Tybalt takes a glance at the clothes.

Society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


PFS 2E Guide

After you all spent some minutes picking at the clothes, Tybalt looks at his three comrades, and shrugs: "This type of fine clothing was very popular among minor nobles in Taldor."

You look at one another, wondering how a mountain Dwarf is so fashion conscious, but he seems to know what he is talking about.

Tybalt also shows you where he believes the wayfinder's chain went in the waist coat, of the dead man: "Must've been his, see..."


PFS 2E Guide

After you all look at the clothes and recognize what they were, as Tybalt pockets the wayfinder, he spots some movement, while Laraman raises his head, having spotted the sound of hooves again-- both turn towards where another horse is moving out from behind the small house.

GM Rolls:

Tybalt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Kamil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Laraman: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Devin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


PFS 2E Guide

The horse stops, looks you over, and seems wary-- it is preparing to bolt.

Radiant Oath

Dwarf Warrior Fighter 1| HP 23/23 AC 18 (20)| Fo +8 Re +6 Wi +5; resist poison 1| Speed 20| Percep +7

A live horse?

Tybalt tries to soothe the horse and approaches is cautiously.
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


PFS 2E Guide

Tybalt is not sure if this is a live horse--
--it is not a skeleton, for sure, and does not have gaping undead wounds like the other, but it does have scars and is dirty, and has a strange look in its eyes: it could be a newly-turned zombie, like a scared lost horse.

Tybalt moves towards the horse, that stares at-- about to attack, or to flee?
Though it does not react to whatever coaxing Tybalt is doing.

Unless any have "wild empathy", which I think not, your approach, if it is alive and not dead, would be this untrained Nature check, if it is dead, then kill it even dead-er.

GM Rolls:
Recall Knowl: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Radiant Oath

Male NG Half-elf Alchemist 1 || Infused Reagents: 4 Lesser Elixers of Life, 2 Antiplagues, 2 Antidotes | HP 18/18| AC 17 |Perception DC 13|| F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +3, Low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Batches 1/6 || Active conditions:

medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Laraman tries to gauge how wounded the creature is without spooking the horse (assuming its alive).


PFS 2E Guide

Laraman cannot really tell if it is alive or not from where he is some 45 feet away, with the horse half behind the building-- but he is not a great specialist of Nature nor Undead.

It is also difficult to ascertain what is wrong with it, but you do not spot any wounds from afar.

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 7

Radiant Oath

Dwarf Warrior Fighter 1| HP 23/23 AC 18 (20)| Fo +8 Re +6 Wi +5; resist poison 1| Speed 20| Percep +7

Untrained Nature check it is. Can't be worse than that Survival check anyway.
Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


PFS 2E Guide

What does Tybalt do and/or say to the Horse, to go along this roll?

Radiant Oath

Dwarf Warrior Fighter 1| HP 23/23 AC 18 (20)| Fo +8 Re +6 Wi +5; resist poison 1| Speed 20| Percep +7

Noises soothing to animals, horses in particular. Slowly approaching. As I get closer have one hand out to pet it and the other to get hold of the guide rope. Continue to make calming sounds.


PFS 2E Guide

As per the link I put above, you cannot change the animal's attitude, but can give it simple orders. In this case it is as though you are making it wait here for you I'd say.
(sadly they give a Crit Failure but not a Crit Success, bleh)
_________________

Tybalt moves slowly close to the horse, making soothing gestures and sounds.

The horse looks at the Dwarf approach, and then, remaining rather indifferent, looks down and starts to eat some grass.
It's eyes seem alive and moist, and Tybalt, now beside it, can pat its neck.
The horse does not really react, but that means it does not shy away.

Close up, the horse looks like a nice riding horse, maybe even a light war horse?
It actually is decked out to be ridden, and even has light armor on.
Its barding features a large engraving of the Glyph of the Open Road, and gold-and-green caparisons.
Illustration beside the horse's (link above)

DC 12 Society check to Recall Knowledge:
You recognize the colors gold-and-green as being those of Katapesh.

The saddle bears both a small engraving of a horse, and a name beside that: Desert Wind, and, above, a rider on the horse, with the name: Larraz Virtanne.

There also are saddlebags.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 2 | AC 18 (19 Shield Raised) | HP 22/22| F +5 R +6 W +6 | Init +4 Perception, +5 Stealth, +7 Deception|

Society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Using Tybald’s trick to keep the horse calm, Kamil starts looking into the saddlebags

Radiant Oath

Dwarf Warrior Fighter 1| HP 23/23 AC 18 (20)| Fo +8 Re +6 Wi +5; resist poison 1| Speed 20| Percep +7

"This stallion's from Katapeh. Or at least his owner is."
Society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


PFS 2E Guide

Approaching the horse slowly - (moved your mini) - that just looks at Kamil for a bit, before returning to chew some grass, Kamil is able to look through the saddlebags.
You find nothing, other than--
--a couple potions, of red liquid.

Meanwhile, Tybalt, thinking of these colors - (critical success) -, and looking at the horse, up close now, Tybalt sees that the horse used to be very well kept, but has obviously been living out in the wild for a now, and has dirt in its fur, and burrs and such in its mane.

The horse starts moving away eating, before trotting off, a little aimlessly, not really afraid nor interested in you.

Tybalt has the impression that, having looked you all four over, it no longer cares about you.

If you try, you do not manage to stop the horse nor call it back, it simply disregards you-- (unless you attack it!)
What do you next?


PFS 2E Guide

The horse having wandered off, you look at one another again: where to next?

Radiant Oath

Dwarf Warrior Fighter 1| HP 23/23 AC 18 (20)| Fo +8 Re +6 Wi +5; resist poison 1| Speed 20| Percep +7

Tybalt will try to remove the saddle and all that entails. If the horse will be living wild, it should not be hampered by civilized accouterments.

After that, there's this building here.


PFS 2E Guide

The horse moves away if you try to block it, and, as it moves away you have the impression it is circling the place, from a distance.
(since no one can communicate with it or change its attitude, to get to its tack, you would have to use some Commands, or to try to Grapple it)

Tybalt checks the door, then opens it.
It is a small house.
The bed and table are crusted with a thick layer of dust.
It seems more like some sort of place to put up travellers, not someone's house.

Horizon Hunters

Male half-elf fighter 1 | HP 19/19 Hero 1/3 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | otherworldly magic, power attack | Active conditions: None.

Devin moves to the building to the south, waiting for the others before opening the door.


PFS 2E Guide

Remember you have two maps. The first one (above) gives you the outside, so you can see the outline of the buildings. The second one (w. the minis) is where the insides will be revealed).
I put a red arrow on both where the door is.

Devin moves up to the south, and sees that this seems to be some sort of religious building, a chapel probably.

There is one window on the side facing the "armory" that you first checked out.

Devin stops on the side that kind of faces the fountain, or at least points that way, where there is a big wooden door.
This is obviously some sort of communal place.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 2 | AC 18 (19 Shield Raised) | HP 22/22| F +5 R +6 W +6 | Init +4 Perception, +5 Stealth, +7 Deception|

Kamil opens the big wooden door.


PFS 2E Guide

As Kamil swings the door open, the light from the outside shines in, and he sees dust-covered pews that stand in silent rows in what was, for sure, a small chapel.

Shelves line the walls.

Facsimiles of candles occupy the candelabras here—mounds of congealed wax and burned wicks.

It seems that this chapel served not only as a place of worship, but also as the town’s city hall, supporting gatherings of people for both faith and government since you see some parchments on the walls about such gatherings.

This must have been, in the past, pristine and gleaming, but now, for sure, it is grimy and dank, the walls scorched and the floors scored by battle.

Oh, wait?
Against the pew in the northwest corner, you seem to spot a pile of... bodies?

Tybalt leaves the smaller house, to the North, without entering nor exploring it?

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 2 | AC 18 (19 Shield Raised) | HP 22/22| F +5 R +6 W +6 | Init +4 Perception, +5 Stealth, +7 Deception|

Kamil enters the place, ready to take as much as documents as possible, but first he takes a look at the bodies.

Horizon Hunters

Male half-elf fighter 1 | HP 19/19 Hero 1/3 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | otherworldly magic, power attack | Active conditions: None.

Readying his weapon Devin follows Kamil to inspect the bodies.


PFS 2E Guide

Kamil and Devin move over to the bodies.

There are several charred remains, but one, in the middle, is in better condition.
This small corpse—though charred, broken, and its features mostly burned away—rests against the pew.
The corpse is covered in a layer of fine ash and scraps of charred fabric that seem to be all that remains of the clothing it once wore.
Around its neck is a soot-covered chain bearing an ankh.

Do you check out the scorch marks?
Arcana, Crafting, or Nature check

Look at the body itself?
Medicine or Perception check

Examine the ankh?
Religion check - any of you a Sarenite character?

Radiant Oath

Male NG Half-elf Alchemist 1 || Infused Reagents: 4 Lesser Elixers of Life, 2 Antiplagues, 2 Antidotes | HP 18/18| AC 17 |Perception DC 13|| F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +3, Low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Batches 1/6 || Active conditions:

Laraman follows behind and, coming across the dead bodies, begins investigating.

medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
crafting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


PFS 2E Guide

Laraman enters, and examines the body, spending some time trying to figure out what or who this badly burnt corpse might have been during its life--
10 minutes (success)
--and ends up stating that he is quite sure this was a Goblin.
"Look at the large head with its pointy teeth..."

Even though he also spends time trying to analyze the depth and breadth of the scorch marks, he cannot come up with anything better than:
"This was a fire!"
another 10 minutes (failure)

During this time, the others may have tried to analyze the scorch marks themselves, or the ankh.
Or even do something in the building itself-- or elsewhere.
(you basically have two 10 minute "slots" for the other three to act within)

Radiant Oath

Dwarf Warrior Fighter 1| HP 23/23 AC 18 (20)| Fo +8 Re +6 Wi +5; resist poison 1| Speed 20| Percep +7

Tybalt will not stop the horse from leaving and will join the others without going through the house.

Tybalt picks up the chain.
Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Horizon Hunters

Male half-elf fighter 1 | HP 19/19 Hero 1/3 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | otherworldly magic, power attack | Active conditions: None.

Devin attempts to examine the Scorch marks.

Crafting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


PFS 2E Guide

After peering through the door of the little building, Tybalt joins the others in the chapel.
He spends some time looking the chain with the ankh over, but knows nothing special about this.
(failure)

Meanwhile, whereas Laraman did not see anything, Devin, maybe because he is attuned to otherworldly magic, is able to ascertain, with certitude, that the flames that burned the body were magical.
(success)

Actions left:
During the time spent by Laraman, Tybalt has "one action" left, and so does Devin, while Kamil has "two actions" left.
You can keep on looking at the chain w. the ankh ; or do things in the chapel.
Of course, you are not limited by these two actions, and can do more, for example: Laraman can also spend more time doing other things.

Radiant Oath

Dwarf Warrior Fighter 1| HP 23/23 AC 18 (20)| Fo +8 Re +6 Wi +5; resist poison 1| Speed 20| Percep +7

Tybalt will take a look around the chapel

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


PFS 2E Guide

Tybalt seeks around the chapel, but finds nothing.
He does see that there are a lot of papers that could be checked...

Actions left:
During the time spent by Laraman & Tybalt, Devin has "one action" left, and Kamil has "two actions" left.
You can keep on looking at the chain w. the ankh ; or do things in the chapel.
Of course, you are not limited by these two actions, and can do more, for example: Laraman can also spend more time doing other things.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 2 | AC 18 (19 Shield Raised) | HP 22/22| F +5 R +6 W +6 | Init +4 Perception, +5 Stealth, +7 Deception|

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Religion: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Kamil looks around, hoping to find something interesting in the papers.


PFS 2E Guide

Kamil has no idea what the ankh and chain are, really, but as he looks into the papers, he spends some 10 minutes rummaging through the town hall files and ledgers, and he finds census records and historical documents kept by the Goldenflame town council— fortunately far enough from the flames that they remain intact.

These records detail the history of the town’s inhabitants and notable events in the town’s history, including festivals, feasts, and the like.

He can collect documents to take away.
1 L (1 Light Bulk)

Actions left:
During the time spent by the others, Devin has "one action" left.
You can keep on looking at the chain w. the ankh ; or look around the chapel itself (besides the papers)
Of course, you are not limited by these two actions, and can do more, for example: Laraman can also spend more time doing other things.

Radiant Oath

Male NG Half-elf Alchemist 1 || Infused Reagents: 4 Lesser Elixers of Life, 2 Antiplagues, 2 Antidotes | HP 18/18| AC 17 |Perception DC 13|| F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +3, Low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Batches 1/6 || Active conditions:

Assuming Devin does not do so, Laraman heads over to check out the papers, "Lets take a look at these. Could be interesting information."


PFS 2E Guide

Laraman has a look at the papers, but there is nothing there other than what Kamil saw.

There is nothing more to get from this.
You see that bringing these back will be good for the Venture-captain, because of all the info' in them. But there is nothing to help you with your search of the area.


PFS 2E Guide

Do you take the papers, and, if so, who?

Do you search this chapel?

Devin has one action left within the time already spent

Where do you head next?

Radiant Oath

Male NG Half-elf Alchemist 1 || Infused Reagents: 4 Lesser Elixers of Life, 2 Antiplagues, 2 Antidotes | HP 18/18| AC 17 |Perception DC 13|| F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +3, Low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Batches 1/6 || Active conditions:

Laraman is willing to put the papers in his backpack...probably in a different pocket than his alchemist kit.

Grand Archive

Sorcerer (rogue) 2 | AC 18 (19 Shield Raised) | HP 22/22| F +5 R +6 W +6 | Init +4 Perception, +5 Stealth, +7 Deception|

Kamil takes the papers if Laraman thinks that is not strong enough to carry them.

Horizon Hunters

Male half-elf fighter 1 | HP 19/19 Hero 1/3 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | otherworldly magic, power attack | Active conditions: None.

Devin takes a moment to look over the ankh.

Religion, Untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


PFS 2E Guide

Having checked the papers that were filed, do you do anything else in the chapel... or head on--
--and, if so, to where?

Radiant Oath

Male NG Half-elf Alchemist 1 || Infused Reagents: 4 Lesser Elixers of Life, 2 Antiplagues, 2 Antidotes | HP 18/18| AC 17 |Perception DC 13|| F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +3, Low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Batches 1/6 || Active conditions:

Bottom middle/next house to the right.

Horizon Hunters

Male half-elf fighter 1 | HP 19/19 Hero 1/3 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | otherworldly magic, power attack | Active conditions: None.

Devin pockets the Ankh, then Follows Laraman. "This may have belonged to one of the missing Pathfinders, and could help to identify him when we get back." He says heading out the door.

101 to 150 of 282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Wayfinder's GD VIII Escaping the Grave All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.