[SFS-GameDay VIII-GM Skeemo] 1-37 Siege of Civility

Game Master Christopher Wasko

Maps and Slides


1 to 50 of 164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

A set of affixed plastic furniture stands across from the door to a room in the navigation chambers onboard the Master of Stars. A red light shines over the automated door, along with a strand of scrolling red digital text: Please wait here for briefing. Enter when the light turns green.

Dot in/introduce yourselves here.

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

The swaggering space-jock flashes a smile as she reads the scrolling text and looks around the space.

A pair of hip holstered semiautomatics feature mother of pearl grips inlaid with a pair of dice showing the 'one' pip, and the handle of a combat knife protrudes from the shoulder straps of her functional looking tacti-cool backpack. Her graphite coloured bodysuit appears to be carbon skin with depictions of vipers on it in darker tones. She seems to have handles of weapons all over her kit in easy to reach locations.

"First in, best dressed" she announces to no one in particular, then picks herself out the best looking of the plastic chair, and flicks her feet up on a second one. She drops her backpack, and a semi-folded sniper rifle she had slung on top of the pack.

After a moment of waiting idly, she starts scrolling through the infospere to catch up on current affairs.

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

I'm Huckle Jim, nice to meet you. And I hope the light turns green soon, they are leaving us in the dark here.


Looks like most folks have checked in, so I'm going to at least start the briefing to get the ball rolling. Hopefully we can hit the ground running on the actual start date. Please make sure you fill in your character's relevant info on the first slide ASAP.

The light turns green and the door opens. Inside, holographic star charts and starship schematics rotate above scattered datapads and other instruments that fill the workspace within Fitch’s office inside the Master of Stars, the flagship of the Wayfinders faction. Fitch, the Wayfinders leader and ship’s chief engineer (art in slides), stands behind a desk near a large window that provides a view of a vast shipyard that has ships and industrial drones speeding through it like a swarm of bees. A spherical drone bumps against the window and stops to inspect the room, adjusting its ocular systems. Fitch’s nose twitches in annoyance as she flips a switch behind the table and the window turns opaque.

“Good, good, you’re all here. We have a great opportunity to open up new worlds for the Society to explore and finally complete the Master of Stars.” Fitch picks up a datapad from the table, and with a few quick strokes summons a hologram of a star system above the desk, further zooming to a purple gas giant and the green moon that orbits it. “All we have to do is travel to this moon within the Gideron Authority and convince a bunch of military dignitaries that we should all get along, not shoot at each other’s starships, and negotiate. By negotiate, I mean that they have a critical component for the completion of this ship, and the Society in turn could assist in exploring several ancient ruins within their space.”

She proceeds to rub her hands together and grins. “Oh, and the best part about this is that I’m coming with you! Finally, a chance to be free from… them.” Fitch eyes a trio of small ysoki children at the far end of her office who stand in a semi-circle around a working engineer, pestering the worker with questions and gestures. “Don’t get me wrong, being a parent is the most rewarding choice I’ve ever made, but a break from the nest is just what the engineer ordered! As for you, don’t worry, your skills should be well-suited to the mix of military bravado and diplomacy needed for this mission. After all, there won’t be any ruins to explore or monsters to vanquish this time."

"That’s about the gist of it. Any questions?”

You may also attempt a Culture check to Recall Knowledge, or a Diplomacy check to Gather Information.

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility

A young shirren man comes running into the room just as Fitch is about to begin. "Sorry, sorry! I got distracted talking to a new Morlamaw agent. She has the most fascinating carvings on her tusks! Anyway, I'm here now!" He wears a holy symbol of Weydan, and carries an odd, almost insectile pistol on his hip. My name's Shoo, by the way, he continues telepathically, so as not to interrupt Fitch. Shoo Fly. That's what the Drow called me when I was little, anyway, after my parents disappeared through that arch.

When Fitch finishes, he raises his hand. "Didn't you just say they had some ruins for us to explore, and that's what we were going to negotiate with?"

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"Gideron Authority huh? I don't suppose this will be a gala ball and we need to pack a little black dress?"

"When we get there, who is doing the talking, and what bargaining chips we going in with? I mean, this sound like us going to negotiate and offering lifelong friendships or something isn't probably going to pick us up a lot of influence. They seem to have all the things we want, what do we have for them?"

"Got a dossier on these people?"

Culture 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

"Welcome gentlemen. Ladies. Whatwhat," says a vesk upon entering. "I am Q'Qwaan, First Senior Research Director, harum."
QQwaan is tall, even for a Vesk. He has many frills, scutes, and spines especially for a vesk. A pair of frills are curled into a handlebar mustache and his well-polished subtympanic scales peak from a brightly colored cravat.

His wardrobe includes a tophat, double-breasted waistcoat and a coat with tails. A monocle fits over one eye. The eyepiece has no glass but all the markings of a holographic overlay sight system. He leans on a big stick of some red alloy. The top of which holds several curving blades. "Class: Master in Form and Grand in Combat," he answers if any one asks about the weapon, but he apologetically adds, "But it's just a hobby you know. Whatwhat. Picked it up at the military academy." The researcher pauses for a moment as an idea pops into his head. "Military dignitaries whatwhat? Perhaps that is why you have requested the presence of a decorated Vesk."

He bows pleasurably to the Yoski. Captain Fitch, it will be an honor to have you with me, harum."

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 (no ranks in either.)

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Lucky wanders in like she's late and doesn't care, and quickly sets up in the corner, her eyes focused on her gear as she meticulously disassembles and reassembles it. She's dressed drably in a nondescript jumpsuit, her fire-engine red hair the only splash of color she's bothered with.

It's natural however for your eyes to be more drawn to her drone, basically an artillery emplacement with legs, that stands guard while she's busy. It spits out a series of clicks and whirs, prompting her to grunt. "Ugh. Fine Sparky. Yes, hi. I'm Lucky."[/smaller]

Culture: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

"Military dignitaries aren't really my circle either, but I know some people who help clean up after gear... falls off transports. Gideron Authority isn't immune to that."


Shoo recalls that the Authority values battle-readiness and, after the recent military coup, almost all citizens have gone through basic military training; they can defend themselves and the Authority, even if their duties keep them away from the frontlines. There’s also a higher than normal concentration of Drift beacons in the star system that Eye of Gideron resides in, making it a strategically important location. Because of this, the Authority maintains its largest fleet of warships in the area.

Fitch nods to Shoo. "They do, and we can leverage our expertise with archaeology to help with negotiations. Our focus is that we need their materials to finish renovations on the Master of Stars." She turns to Viper. "I doubt it. Most of the Authority are hobgoblins, and they value practical war attire over decorative clothes." She casts a sideways look at the vesk. "I do have some brief dossiers, I'll send them to you now. Use them to help with discussions and to try to make a good impression." She taps on a laptop keyboard, and all of your comms ping with incoming messages. See Slides #3-8. Slides #4-8 will expand as you interact with them.

Fitch leads you to a Drift-capable shuttle chartered for the Eye of Gideron. The journey takes about two weeks, and your only encounter is with a small flotilla of vessels belonging to AbadarCorp. These ships are heading to the Near Space colony of Thosum’s Vault to deposit settlers and specialized mining equipment. The exchange is pleasant but unmemorable.

Finalize any pre-launch purchases or questions, make sure your stats are up to date and your boons are slotted, and then we'll get going!

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"Ceobarn Zeizerer" Viper chuckles as she looks through the dossiers, stopping on a picture of the Drow arms dealing scion.

"I think I get the idea"

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

Huckle Jims aids Shoo We would like to know diplomacy aid: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Lucky pages through the dossiers with a look of mixed boredom and apprehension on her face. "Okay... I'm gonna need to make a call."

She taps an earbud and begins chattering away in Castrovellan into her comm. "Hey Crys? Yeah, go ahead and cancel the PR intern, this isn't going to be a damage control kinda situation. What? No not explosives! Do you even have those? This is more, uh, proactive PR. Why would that mean explosives either? Look, just send Amy! I'll get you the docking info."

Slotting in an Elite Hireling (Amethyst) skilled in Diplomacy, Bluff, and Intimidate (+12) for this scenario.

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

"The Overlord is a female whatwhat?" you mammals and your confusing secondary sex features.

"Drift technology harum? I suppose that will be quite useful to learn. I shall try and speak with this one. Surely she will respect my knowledge as SENIOR researcher Director. After all, it's just rocket science."

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

A lovely golden android arrives, slightly late, for the briefing.

"My apologies. I really don't know what happened. The appointment vanished from my diary entirely." she shakes her head in befuddlement.

culture: 1d2 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Kultanien is pretty good at the diplomacy/bluff side +14+1d6. Slightly less good with intimidate though (only +9).


The Society starship exits the Drift and begins to close on the nearby moon known as the Eye of Gideron. A wing of sleek fighter craft peel away from a vast fleet holding station above the moon, confronting the new arrivals. The Society pilot transmits valid permits, and the fighters form an escort pattern around the ship. A rough-edged voice on the comms directs the Society’s shuttle to a landing pad within a dense rain forest.

A detachment of hobgoblin soldiers in military parade dress waits in the humid air outside the shuttle, and they lead the way toward the heart of the base and a monolith-like tower. Heavy weapon batteries stand at the ready throughout the base, and occasionally squadrons of fighters let out a scream as they pass above. Somewhere far away, a volcano rumbles as the tower’s double door slides open to reveal an elevator.

Fitch motions inside, “Well, let’s get this over with.” As she steps in, the doors close on a view of Authority troops marching in formation. The elevator speeds up towards the top of the tower as bombastic military music plays in the background

***

The elevator doors open to a foyer with a display on the opposing wall and a circular indentation before it on the floor. The interior is pristine, as are the uniforms of the soldiers that guard it. To both sides of the door stand several storage lockers, and beyond them are two exits from the room. There are panels in the ceiling that are large enough to hide turrets or other security measures.

All five persons of interest are present in the adjacent meeting room, scattered around between hors d'œuvre tables, holographic news screens, and decorative military decor. As you approach, two hobgoblin guards clear their throats. "No weapons permitted in the meeting room. You may stash them in the lockers here if you'd like, but you must undergo metal detection and pat-downs before entering."

Social Interactions (following weapon confiscation):
The social encounter is played out over the course of two sets of several “social rounds.” These rounds are longer and more abstract than typical combat rounds, and represent the PCs’ ongoing discussions and dialogue with NPCs. The map of the tower can be used to position PCs and NPCs during these social rounds as a visual aid for PCs to get a sense of where NPCs congregate.

The PCs’ objective is to impress as many Authority representatives as they can within the allotted time (and possibly impress Ceobarn as well, if they deem that necessary). The PCs can influence an individual dignitary by succeeding at skill checks via roleplaying. The PCs must succeed at a specific number of skill checks against an NPC to earn that NPCs’ favor.

Repeated tactics gradually lose their effectiveness: each use of a skill that has already been used to influence a single NPC incurs a cumulative –2 penalty on subsequent uses of the skill. Meanwhile, repeated failure runs the risk of offending the NPC or demonstrating incompetence; after a certain number of failed attempts to influence a given NPC using the same skill, that dignitary is no longer interested in interacting with any of the PCs and cannot be influenced.

Each social round, each PC can attempt one check to influence a single dignitary. Alternatively, if a PC is not sure which skills can be used to influence a given NPC, they can learn about the NPC’s background, interests, social standing, or personality by making conversation and attempting a Sense Motive check. Finally, a PC can choose to use their turn in a social round to aid another PC’s skill check, instead of attempting to influence an NPC directly or learn what skills might influence them.

Compelling roleplaying is encouraged, and may be mechanically rewarded by GM discretion.

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

Huckle Jim stashes away his weapons. Okay, crew, we should work in pairs to aid each other and give these guys a good introduction.

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility

Shoo shrugs, drawing a number of small arms and light melee weapons from various holsters and pouches about his person and setting them all into one of the lockers. "There we go! I think that's all of them." After a moment's consideration he unslings his whole pack and stuffs it into the locker as well. Probably won't need any of that in here.

I'm going to go talk to Commander Imako, I think we might have some interests in common!

Shoo first round check:
Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien approaches the legate.

"Good day!" she opens, with a smile.

"I'm so glad we could meet together in this way. Too often does the unknown get treated with guns rather than words. And after the opening bombardment.. well, the noise stops words working at all."

She takes a tray and offers the legate something to eat.

"You must have had a fascinating life and seen some wonderful things and met many interesting people and cultures. Would you be willing to tell me a bit about them?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 13 + (2) + 1 = 30

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

Huckle moves over You look like a tough commander, but I believe I'm tougher and he acts it too. intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Shoo and Huckle make their way over to Commander Imako, who finishes placing a drink order with a female hobgoblin attendant dressed in server's garb. Imako is over 6 feet tall and muscular but not bulky. His humanoid features include bright-red skin, piercing yellow eyes, pointed ears, and a wide mouth filled with sharp teeth. He’s dressed in a black military uniform without rank insignia. "Terminus whiskey neat. Nothing fizzy please, even if the order comes from another. It rots your teeth, you know." He turns to face you and nods without smiling. "Starfinders, welcome to the Tower. Tell me about yourselves." He listens patiently and inordinately quietly as Shoo gives general details about his life in the Pact Worlds, but even though he's engaged it doesn't seem all that interested; his expression suggests he's taking mental notes as though he were expecting a quiz later, but not in a subject that stimulates him. "I see. This must be something of an adjustment to you then." He looks over at the hobgoblin server, who is still standing there listening. "Do you mind? I ordered a drink." She starts and continues going around taking orders. Huckle's bravado similarly doesn't get a rise out of the stoic kanabo. "I didn't think I had to be tough. I just have to be competent."

Neither of those skills help to make headway with Commander Imako.

Meanwhile, Kultainen approaches Legate Goryu, who is tall and wiry, making his round hobgoblin head seem too large for his body. He quickly flashes a wide smile to her, one that somehow manages to be charming despite his sharp teeth. Goryu is dressed in a finely-cut red uniform that stands out from the black battle armor and Authority uniforms otherwise present at the base. He accepts the food offered by the Starfinder, which she plucked from the hands of the same server Imako shoo'ed away. "Welcome, friend! You're a sight for eyes sore from squinting at light reflecting off battle armor. I mean, we all have darkvision, but would it hurt to have to use it once in a while? Seriously, though, I couldn't agree more. Too many hobs have heavy tongues but light trigger fingers, if you catch my drift. Makes gatherings like these a rare but fun treat. And girl, do I have stories, but I'm guessing yours are WAY more exotic!" The two hit it off, swapping tales of archaeological exploits gone awry and curious characters they've encountered in their careers.

One Diplomacy success for Legate Goryu!

Round 1 (bold may attempt a check)
Huckle Jim
Lucky
Kultainen
Shoo
Q'Qwaan
Viper

Goryu: Diplomacy 1

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Lucky briefly flirts with the idea of trying to sneak a weapon in, but decides that having Sparky outside, ready to blast a hole in the wall was probably better anyways.

Rather than force Amethyst to do all of her work for her, Lucky first heads over to Premier Noraka, trying to get a brief peep of what she's working on before plunging into a practical discussion of dealing with Drift-driven abnormalities in the wavelengths of nugen protective fields. "...Well, at least in their startup-cycle. You're just bleeding power trying to keep those things optimal. I've found a couple patches, but nothing I'm satisfied with yet..."

Engineering: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

Um, I'm not with shoo, according to the map, I'm talking to some other guy. I don't even know if he is a commander, he just looked like one to me. The suit looked like one from Star Wars, like it looked a little like Tarkins suit to me. Yoda with grand admiral Tarkins suit. And a cool military sword.

edit: On another note, I must have missed it, but where are their names mentioned? Edit: nevermind in the slides.


Huckle Jim wrote:

Um, I'm not with shoo, according to the map, I'm talking to some other guy. I don't even know if he is a commander, he just looked like one to me. The suit looked like one from Star Wars, like it looked a little like Tarkins suit to me. Yoda with grand admiral Tarkins suit. And a cool military sword.

edit: On another note, I must have missed it, but where are their names mentioned? Edit: nevermind in the slides.

Gotcha. Be precise with officer names and titles, their art and info is in the slides and I'll take cues from those before using the map. Commander Imako is the red-skinned kanabo Shoo talked to; the person you're referencing is Overlord Vaska. I'll reappropriate the check this time, but it's on you to be specific in the future.

Retro: Drawn to the most commanding presence in the room, Huckle Jim goes toward Overlord Vaska. Vaska stands 5-and-a-half feet, which is tall for a hobgoblin. Vaska has the demeanor of a seasoned veteran and can still crack skulls on the frontlines when the need arises. There’s a battle scar running down the left side of her face that is broken up by a cybernetic eye that gives off a red glow. The eye resembles more of a scope or a camera than it does a natural eye. Her pristine, black military uniform is decorated with red accents and a platinum badge depicting a sword, signifying her rank. She chuckles as Jim makes his play. "Ten points for cajones, I'll give you that much. But tell me, stranger, why is it you think you can enter my tower and introduce yourself by looking down on my military prowess?" The chest-puffing eventually gives way to mutual respect as the two swap riveting tales of battlefield experience.

One Intimidate success for Overlord Vaska!

Lucky approaches the one Authority human, whose eyes are glued to a datapad. Premier Noraka is a skinny, dark-skinned woman seemingly in her mid-twenties who stands just 5 feet tall. Her buzz cut and a dark grey pilot jumpsuit make her seem more like a mechanic than a lead scientist. Noraka’s eyes quickly take in her surroundings as if she is calculating all the variables that are in play, unless she is focused on research or taking notes on her always-present datapad. She makes no eye contact as Lucky seamlessly enters the conversation, scoffing slightly at her input. "Well of course you're bleeding power, any ship with decorative fins trying to make a planar jaunt is going to have an inefficient startup cycle. I don't know why people whose cultures have been spaceworthy for generations still have this compulsion to add vestigial steering apparati to outer frames, all it does is interrupt the wavelengths of the transdimensional resonances." Lucky is surprised at how quickly and thoroughly she gets in the weeds about Drift travel, but the woman is clearly impressed that the android can keep up. The hobgoblin taking drink orders listens in again and is clearly dizzied by the technical jargon.

One Engineering success for Premier Noraka!

Round 1 (bold may attempt a check)
Huckle Jim
Lucky
Kultainen
Shoo
Q'Qwaan
Viper

Goryu: Diplomacy 1
Noraka: Engineering 1
Vaska: Intimidate 1

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"Military Prowess?" Viper picks up on the conversation with Overlord Vaska.

The hotshot fighter pilot swaggers over to the table in the usual cocky manner displayed by fighter pilots of all kinds throughout the multiverse "How have your fly-boys been faring against the Jinsul fleet? They're fast customers in the air but so far I have smoked them each time - and overall I'd say the Society pilots have been doing all the heavy lifting on this shared menace. I have seen your ships, they sure are pretty, but what I want to know is whether all that flash and dazzle is going to be seen on the front-line of what is our shared battle, or whether they are just ships left in port because they can't weather the storm"

With that, Viper provides an analysis of the relative strengths and her thoughts on how the hypothetical encounter would play out She has Culture and Engineering, plus Ace Pilot theme skills, and happy to fact find on the spot with her computer and extensive library chips.

Viper waits to see how the Overlord reacts.

Intimidate 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Overlord Vaska doesn't give Viper the same warm reception as Jim, her expression cooling somewhat. "I can't say we've ever crossed paths with this supposed 'shared menace.' Sounds like more a 'you' problem to me, we've got plenty of hostile starship activity to quell in our own system. I'm sure a hot shot pilot like you can handle it, though."

One Intimidate failure against Overlord Vaska! Setting up the next round for everyone but Q'Qwaan.

Round 1 (bold may attempt a check)
Q'Qwaan
Round 2
Huckle Jim
Lucky
Kultainen
Shoo
Q'Qwaan
Viper

Goryu: Diplomacy +1
Noraka: Engineering +1
Vaska: Intimidate +1, -1

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

Huckle Jim will continue to intimidate overlord Vaska That is a nice sword you got there. I'll show mine if you show me yours. intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility

Frowning a little at the cool reception he got from Commander Imako, Shoo makes small talk for a while, trying to get a sense of what might capture the commander's attention.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Sense Motive (using communalism to re-roll): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Well, dang.

Despite a bolstered focus from a nearby Lucky Sevens, he finds himself distracted by all of the conversations nearby.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien allows the conversation with Goryu draw to a natural conclusion. "I hope we get a chance to meet again at some point, and discuss some of the finer matters that our people may have in comomn."

She does keep a bit of an eye on the waiter who seems more interested in the conversations going on than the job she has been hired for.

I wonder what is going on there?

Seeing her companions gathering around Vaska, the android also approaches him.

"Good evening overlord" she says, offering a genuine smile.

"I'm so happy to see that a woman can rise to such a rank in your empire. I've crossed swords with a number of people in my time, although I generally find that I prefer crossing words."

She eyes up the overlords cybernetic implant. "I bet there is a fantastic story about that. Do you find the augmentation an advantage?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 13 + (4) + 1 = 22 gahh, I don't think the overlord is going to like us.

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

"The fins are a real problem, Premier. Believe me, I know all about unnecessary cosmetic anachronisms that just get in your way. But since so often we have to work with an irregular fleet, I've been working to figure out more of a software solution..."

Computers: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

A bit lost here on what path to take - anyone want assistance? Kult that looks decent but a 23 was a fail, maybe 25 would make it?


Overlord Vaska's face sours at Jim's bluster. "Let's keep it professional, friend." Evidently the intimidation tact has lost its charm with her. One Intimidate failure with Overlord Vaska!

Her attitude did not seem to improve despite Kultainen's genuine effort to make a connection. "It seems like you're implying that women aren't respected or trusted with positions of leadership in your society. Pretty backwards if you ask me. Maybe that's why you're missing a chunk of your agents to a massive failed mission while the Authority is booming." One Diplomacy failure with Overlord Vaska!

Shoo also struggles to stay focused on any one dignitary for long. On the plus side, Lucky's namesake holds true as she digs deeper into the weeds with Premier Noraka, swapping code for Drift navigation algorithms. One Computers success with Premier Noraka!

Kultainen only:
Kultainen Sense Motive vs. Server: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + (3) + 1 = 29
You're right: the server is paying way closer attention to the surrounding conversations than her job entails, only rarely receiving or delivering accurate drink orders. You may attempt DC 26 Engineering or Perception check for more detail (spoiler below).
Spoiler:
The server's eyes are highly sophisticated, natural-looking prosthetics, equipped with extremely advanced recording technology.


Round 1 (bold may attempt a check)
Q'Qwaan
Round 2
Huckle Jim
Lucky
Kultainen
Shoo
Q'Qwaan
Viper

Goryu: Diplomacy +1
Noraka: Computers +1; Engineering +1
Vaska: Diplomacy -1; Intimidate +1, -2

Messaged Q'Qwaan, hopefully we get a post from them soon. @Viper: The DCs change depending on certain variables, including repeat efforts to use the same skill. Jim's 27 Intimidate would have worked the first time, but now Vaska is tired of the Starfinders' puffing their chests. One more failed Intimidate check, and Vaska will be done with the lot of you.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien nods "There are very backwards aspects to many societies. Ours is slowly coming right, but it takes time."

secret GM stuff:

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

She gestures toward the servant while she is with someone else. "Did you notice your waiter over there is spending longer listening in on our conversations than they are serving drinks. You may want to keep on eye on them."

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

Sorry all. I knew I was going to be hard-pressed to do more than lurk the last few days and thought I had posted as much (though didn't). My long days are over and am back to regular posting.

"Take care of that," the vesk says handing over the doshku. "Once wielded by three different chancelors of Vesk Prime, whatwhat.". He almost casually tosses his pistol into a locker by comparison. He then flexes a muscle in his arm and a thin scute springs out. "What do you recommend I do with these?" he says to the guard. "A vesk is never unarmed," he quotes as if everyone has heard the catchphrase from an obscure broadcast show. He makes no mention of the augmentations to his subtympanic glands. Technically another weapon. If a bluff is required (+0) or Sleight of Hand (+6) please make them for me blind"

R1: though two success since I posted, I will stick with that post and talk with Naruka.

Scientist to scientist, he chats with the lone human as best he can. His skill is not great with drift mechanics, but he does manage to draw a comparison to many different animals. "Ahh. The Callistrian Sugar Viper enters a severe state of metabolic dormancy right before it leaps. This directs its energy to the senses allowing it to find currents and 'swim' through the air much like a ship entering drift travel loses many other functions..." or "...the greatest adaptation of the turtle is the simplist and the grey sea turtle of Brethada is the best; with a shell that can withstand the same pressures Mach II titanium hull can." The comparisons serve only to allow him to drop obscure information into the conversation, while keeping it on the topic of ships.
physical science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 (Engineering? +12?

R2: without much hope in the other skills, Q'Qwaan shall instead try and talk with the Overlord to learn more about her.

The Vesk approaches the decorated war hero saluting with a stiff arm salute of his acadamy. Though he entered the Academy like all Vesk must, his military successes come in area of militarizing augmentations and ..."and after my third year as intercollegiate champion of the Doshku I was awarded my splendid weapon. Which is of course, no longer here. He lamentfully squeezes a fist wishing he could show the Overload his trophy.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

@GM - Ahh thank you for that clarification, we're running THAT social encounter mechanic

Premier Noraka gets Vipers attention, the buzz cut and a dark grey pilot jumpsuit leade Viper to make a few assumptions.

The hotshot pilot channels her spiritual inspiration and heads towards the engineering & computer specialist with the typical arrogant swagger of a fighter pilot "Viper 6"

"So you're in a head to head against a Jinsul ship, are you the type to bet on the fast thrusters of a Pegasus and try and use the speed and nimbleness of the elegant design to defeat the foe, or do you prefer the brutal and simplistic design of the Drake to simply punch through?"

"I'm a pilot, so I fly what I am given, but I'm also familiar with the computer and engineering capabilities of our fleet - so, by the suit I take it you share the same interests..."

"So...'Guns, gear, and fo fast', what is your hot take on it all?"

Engineering 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
+4 if it involves 'recalling knowledge' (datapad & library chip on Engineering)
Unfortunately the Ace Pilot theme only works on 'culture' checks when it coes to recognising parts and vessels - go figure


The hobgoblin guards smile toothy grins at the vesk as he shows off. Q'Qwaan hears one mutter "Nice" as he walks inside.

Unfortunately the human is far less taken with Q'Qwaan's presence. She never makes eye contact as he draws his comparison, then replies speaking very quickly. "I'm not keen to take examples from animals bound to a single planet for Draft travel. If the animal is not spaceworthy, it's not discussion-worthy." One Physical Science failure for Premier Noraka!

Q'Qwaan then tries to get a read on Overlord Vaska, but at this point her dander is up and she plays things close to the vest. Viper tries to segue into the chat with Noraka and smooth things over, but receives a similarly chilly reception: no eye contact, and a curt response of "Another one of my interests is high competency, which I'm not sure we share. Can't say I'd ever go head to head with a jinsul ship, I don't have much respect for engineers who self-destruct their own art out of paranoia. The whole thing is disrespectful." One Engineering failure for Premier Noraka!

Meanwhile, Kultainen does catch Vaska's attention, and she subtly turns to look at the server. "Hmm. This seems like something Commander Imako would like to know. You should speak with him, quietly if you can."

Round 3 (bold may post an action)
Huckle Jim
Lucky
Kultainen
Shoo
Q'Qwaan
Viper

Goryu: Diplomacy +1
Noraka: Computers +1; Engineering +1, -1; Physical Science -1
Vaska: Diplomacy -1; Intimidate +1, -2

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

Huckle Jim has no social skills except intimidate, in fact no int skills either, so he will sense motive Goryu sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Is there a way that doesn't take up our round's worth of persuasion to get a sense of how we're doing? i.e. 2/2 successes vs. 2/10..?

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien offers a nod to Vaska. On her way toward Inako she passes by other members of her team, and quietly lets each one know to be careful what they say in front of the waiting staff.

When she gets to Commander Imako she offers another slight bow. Again, waiting until the staff are out of easy listening distance she says.
"Excuse me commander. At least one of your waiters seems to have an inordinate interest in the conversation going on... more so than in waiting. You may want to have a discussion with them..or the company you hired them from."

She subtly indicates the member of staff she has the most concern about.

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"At least I can fly" Viper chides the engineer, "Come back to me when you aren't just the support crew - one proves competency in action, not just sitting around looking pretty with a datapad" she smiles sarcastically looks to the datapad Noraka is holding, and heads to the bar.

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility

Shoo shakes his head, dismayed with his own lack of attention. He tries to refocus himself and get some sort of lead on how to impress Commander Imako.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Alright, time to give up on this guy, the dice just don't want it to happen for me.


Lucky Sevens wrote:
Is there a way that doesn't take up our round's worth of persuasion to get a sense of how we're doing? i.e. 2/2 successes vs. 2/10..?

Not really, you're not sure where the evening is going as of yet.

Noraka doesn't visibly respond to Viper's snipe, staring at her datapad either vacantly or with such intent that she doesn't hear the response. Meanwhile, Imako listens keenly to Kultainen's concern, then takes a glass of whiskey and uses the reflection to observe the server for a little while. "Pardon me a moment." He walks over to the server, then guides her out of the room. Shortly later, he returns and nods at Kultainen. "Good eye. Thanks for the tip." One automatic success for Commander Imako!

Meanwhile, neither Jim nor Shoo get a good read on the dignitaries.

Also, some boxed text I missed to describe the room itself: Various delicacies and glasses of liquid cover four tables placed in each corner of the space. A large display rests on the left wall of the room with two smaller curved displays standing in the chamber’s center. The displays loop videos of Authority insignias, still shots of various hobgoblin figures in striking poses, and imposing warships. The display directly in front of the door plays a video about a commando squad called the Frost Wolves that took control of a Marixah Republic starship during the battle of Kaskadar Verge. The audio repeats every few minutes, “They serve with honor. As shall we all. Serve the Gideron Authority.”

Round 3 (bold may post an action)
Huckle Jim
Lucky
Kultainen

Shoo
Q'Qwaan
Viper

Goryu: Diplomacy +1
Imako: Special +1
Noraka: Computers +1; Engineering +1, -1; Physical Science -1
Vaska: Diplomacy -1; Intimidate +1, -2

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Do we know how many "rounds" of action we have at the party? For some reason I thought it was just two, and thus the sense motive would be a bit of a waste of a very limited round, but if we have several, I'm thinking it will be much more worth-while.

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

The biotechnician studies the overlord's augmented eye even as his diplomatic skills fail him. "Permission to speak directly Overlord?" Assuming the permission is granted, Q'Qwaan asks about the eye. Was it replaced after the natural one was lost? If so, was it lost honorably? In service to the Gidiron Authority? Tell me more of the battle? The red glowing eye, might be something he recognizes and can identify some of the specs, (-5 to DCs of BioCorps, Augmentations, Biotech; +12 in computers, biotech, medicine.
).
and will direct the conversation in that way. If augmented ahead of time what strengths did she gain? or how has has it served her so far. He is asking about her exploits more than looking for anything that might seem like military secrets or prying for a weakness. "Professional courtesy, whatwhat," he states.

1d20 ⇒ 13 +0 sense motive, +12 if one of the above can be used for this check somehow.[/desperate plea]

Moving from the Overlord with a brief salute the vesk hopes to see something of the various military victories on display.

Is there anyway to know who among our hosts are involved with the Frost Wolves? Is there anything to gain from studying the insignias? In particular Q'Qwaan would be interested in finding a 'mage corp' or to identify the insignias of those currently present.

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

Viper wanders over to one of the slideshows featuring the still shots of various hobgoblin figures in striking poses, and imposing warships near Ceobarn Zeizerer

"You know here's the thing, these guys all seem to stand there looking pretty with fancy looking ships straight out of some movie set, but if you really want something that looks good and is made to kill with brilliant efficiency then you buy Drow, accept no substitute"

"It's been a while since Nightarch and that bit of trouble you had with the shipment. Whilst the person responsible is now full of holes, I trust the relationship and arms trade with the Starfinder Society is still solid despite the hiccup. How's the Family, I trust all is well again with House Zeizerer? Looking to do a deal with the Marixah?"

She knows Ceobarn is a scheming manipulative jerk, but under all that he did at least loan her a car and a spare sniper once to go kill one of his enemies, so it's not all bad right?

She's not trying to work him at the moment, more just interested in a familiar face who isn't part of the authority and what he's doing there/


Kultainen Vaimo wrote:
Do we know how many "rounds" of action we have at the party? For some reason I thought it was just two, and thus the sense motive would be a bit of a waste of a very limited round, but if we have several, I'm thinking it will be much more worth-while.

You're going to have quite a few, so it never hurts to keep trying with Sense Motive and the like.

Q'Qwaan wrote:
Is there anyway to know who among our hosts are involved with the Frost Wolves? Is there anything to gain from studying the insignias? In particular Q'Qwaan would be interested in finding a 'mage corp' or to identify the insignias of those currently present.

Checks that forward the action are always appreciated, but this is a social scenario: feel free to just ask the NPCs about themselves, if they're appropriately inclined they'll just tell you their backgrounds, which may inform some roleplaying decisions that can be leveraged for bonuses or give hints about their relevant skills.

Vaska responds openly to the vesk's questions. "Nothing special, just keeps my depth perception intact. I lost the eye during a glorious battle in service to the Authority, back when I was still an infantrywoman. I wasn't some primmed elite, you know; I earned my badge of office through competency on the battlefield numerous times. I consider this cybernetic scar to be a similar badge of office in that respect." Unfortunately, she's still a little closed off, and Q'Qwaan can't get a strong read on how best to grease her wheels.

The scorpion tattoo on Ceobarn's cheek crawls up his face as he smiles at Viper. "Back home we call flattery the invisible currency. You know well that its market value is pretty consistent across planets. Nice to see you're still in one piece; most of the family is too, or at least the ones that are still useful. As for Marixah, once they start moving visible money around with some consistency—like the Authority, or dare I say the Starfinders, do—perhaps I'll consider opening some markets. Would certainly help with prices among these Authority types."

Round 3 (bold may post an action)
Huckle Jim
Lucky
Kultainen

Shoo
Q'Qwaan
Viper

Ceobarn:
Goryu: Diplomacy +1
Imako: Special +1
Noraka: Computers +1; Engineering +1, -1; Physical Science -1
Vaska: Diplomacy -1; Intimidate +1, -2

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

As she is with Imako at the moment, Kultanien continues to engage the overlord in conversation, trying to get a feel for what motivates this important person.

"We know so little about you and your people Overlord." she starts. "How did you come to your position?"

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (1) = 10 Or not

By the way, Kultanien is a keen observer if anyone is under a mental effect.

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

Viper sticks with Ceobarn - as a mercenary arms dealer, demon worshipper, and someone happy to 'prune the family tree' when required, he's probably the most likeable non-Starfinder in the room "Consider opening a market? I would have thought these guys were an easy sale for some fast coin - they seem to like posturing a lot with fancy gear - not surprised the hot air extends to their business dealings as it does their military prowess, they sure are good one-way talkers happy to tell you how good they are. So as a bunch of past customers, how can we help you here today? We need to do business with them too, so what's the angle?"

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Lucky glares daggers at the dolts interfering in the most interesting conversation she's had in cycles! <3

"I know exactly what you mean. When I'm heading into eh... hazard pay kinda areas, I bring a warbot with me, and it took so long to deprogram all the heroic nonsense that came preloaded! Like I need a gloryhound bodyguard?! Still, if the chassis is good enough, you can mod almost anything to be satisfactory."

Computers: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 2 = 28

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

I thought the 13 Sense Motive was my R3 action, but I will try again...:)

Q'Qwaan removes his monocle at the words 'primmed elite.' "It is not quite true that all vesk serve and train as soldiers. I chose to enter the academy and serve as a pilot, whatwhat." He taps a button and a small holographic projection emits from the eye piece. The image rotates through an armored quadruped, a biped covered in feathers and a long necked beast before settling on the insectile jutskin (sp?) "It was with great Honor that I defeated these foes and helped to rescue hundreds Starfinders trapped by the Scoured Stars incident. My skills as a pilot were secondary to those as a bio-technition. Like your sacrifice, it was a great honor to serve."

He thumbs back to one of the beasts. "We did learn quite a lot from these beasts. Perhaps we could improve your 'badge' if you would be interested? See farther perhaps, into the infrared, or one that employs predictive battlefield algorythems?"

Before she can answer "Perhaps Overlord, you have no want for such improvements but maybe you can tell me what you do want? How can the Starfinders help the Authority with, whatwhat? Some troublesome Marixzaih problem you can't deal with directly perhaps?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 19 ...better but still unlikely to help.
Culture check on the insignias: 1d20 ⇒ 6 not even enough to Aid!


Vaska snorts slightly at Kultainen's question. "Apologies, I just hate that title. It's top-heavy and bloated with self-importance. I never see overlords laugh or relax, surely because of how dense that title is. 'Overlord' is just the highest officer position in the Gideron Authority's government. I command the second largest fleet in the Authority’s navy, and I sit on the military council. I earned this title by fighting the Authority's enemies within our own system when we overthrew the previous, ineffective government. I led my battalion to the capital through the jungle's hottest, most humid summer in living memory, and we didn't even have the batteries to run our environmental protections once we engaged the loyalists. Now I'm in charge of certain aspects of our conflict with the Marixah Republic." Q'Qwaan listens carefully, suppressing for now some interest in Vaska's take on the conflict between the Authority and the Marixah Republic, and notices how proud Vaska is of her battalion's survival in adverse conditions; sharing similar stories might garner her respect. You can use Survival to influence Vaska by telling stories of surviving harsh environments.

Ceobarn taps the side of his nose, then speaks slowly and softly. "Street dealers go for fast coin. Kingpins give out free samples. If the Authority feels they've won the war, or that subterfuge is the way to win it rather than conflict, they stop buying weapons. It's all about the long game, child. Now are you going to keep whining about how mean the hobgoblins are, or are you going to walk me through how a collaboration between your Society and this government will help my business?"

Meanwhile, Lucky continues working Noraka's intrinsic interest in all things technical. The human still actively eschews eye contact, but she bounces with visible excitement and interest as the dialogue gets more and more detailed. One Computers success for Premier Noraka!

Round 3 (bold may post an action)
Viper
Round 4 (bold may post an action)
Huckle Jim
Lucky
Kultainen
Shoo
Q'Qwaan
Viper

Ceobarn:
Goryu: Diplomacy +1
Imako: Special +1
Noraka: Computers +2; Engineering +1, -1; Physical Science -1
Vaska: Diplomacy -1; Intimidate +1, -2

1 to 50 of 164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS-GameDay VIII-GM Skeemo] 1-37 Siege of Civility All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.