[SFS-GameDay VIII-GM Skeemo] 1-37 Siege of Civility

Game Master Christopher Wasko

Maps and Slides


51 to 100 of 164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

Meanwhile with Ceobarn

Viper respects the harsh ruthlessness of the Drow arms scion enough to find his brusque comments almost collegiately "Look I just use the weapons to engage and destroy our opponents, do I look much like an accountant or pen pusher interested in running a business? No, but I will take all the free samples you don't feel like dragging home - I'll even post a gushing review on your website" she finishes sarcastically, matching his droll tone.

"No if you want to talk shop, Kultainen Vaimo over there is our Diplomat"

"Kultainen, come over and meet Ceobarn, he's here on business..."

Aid Diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

Huckle will also aid on Ceobarn He smiles and gives him a thumbs up diplomacy aid: 1d20 ⇒ 12 Where is all our people with the face skills when you need them.

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

Hah! I have the same bonuses on Survival as I do on Sense Motive and Diplomacy: +0!

"A most impressive...," he's says genuinely. Q'Qwaan makes sure his team hears via their private channel: "...survival story, whatwhat?" He gestures again to the creatures on his holopad eyepiece. "This was at one of the hottest missions I have undertaken as well. Six hours in that jungle and when we found the Starfinders they had all gone native! Fortunately our systems were all working just fine. The vesk explains the reptiles were the worst part of that jungle, and they turned out to be more informational than a serious threat.

"Hear now, on Vabaimus* it was a much more dangerous journey. The ground was unbelievably uneven. Our vehicles, whatwhat, got stuck twice and rolled another two times spilling us onto the ground. The surface there was an incredibly hard and cutting calcium-carbon mixture. Geysers spewed a boiling hot salt-water mixture, but we all managed to escape serious burns, penetrate the base and explore its bowels."
R4 Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 15
*from #1-28 It Rests Beneath

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12
Huckle Jim wrote:
Huckle will also aid on Ceobarn He smiles and gives him a thumbs up [dice=diplomacy aid]1d20 Where is all our people with the face skills when you need them.

Dunno, they seem to have sent a pack of flinty faced hard hearted killers into a peacefull negotiation with shrewd opposition who are hard to please - I'm windering if we don't just shoot a few and then see who is keen to re-negotiate?

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

"Hey, if I step away for a second to go rescue my colleagues, will you keep forwarding appropriately redacted logs of what you're working on, Noraka? I'd want to be able to catch back up when I rejoin you."

Wandering over to Ceobarn Lucky gave the drow arms dealer a level look as he laid out his needs. They can butter him up, I guess, but guys like him and me are always interested in where the profit is...

"Look, you want to know what the assets column is for dealing with the Starfinders? Breadth. We're pretty much the only place in or out of the Pacts with this many weird, idiosyncratic, relatively free-agents running around. And what that really means? Back channels. To damn near everyone and everything. I'm sure as a black-hearted weapons-monger, you've faced exactly your fair share of people who don't want to do business with you directly; I know I have." Lucky bobbed her head at her PR specialist, Amethyst where she sat enjoying the hors d'oeuvres. "That's why Amy over there is on retainer for when I have to talk to people who do business with hearts and minds instead of credits and centis. So what do you say? I bet a man of wisdom like you, a real wise guy, can think of why having more connections to our Society could be to his benefit."

Profession (Criminal): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 ptthhhhbbbt. Well, can't only roll hot I guess.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien, spotting the crew converging on Ceobarn joins them.

"How lucky to be seeing you again!" she smiles to the drow.

"I was so glad we were able to help each other with some mutual problems last time. I hope we might be able to come to a similar, mutually profitable arrangement here as well.." she adds.

diplomacy, expertise and a couple of aids): 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + (6) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 33

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility

"Well, thank you for an interesting conversation, Commander." Shoo, stymied by his lack of success connecting to Commander Imako, excuses himself and makes his way over to Overlord Vaska. After some small talk, Shoo steers the conversation toward some of the interesting planets he's visited. "Have you ever heard of a planet called Elytrio? Ruined long ego by the ravages of war, the planet has become so hostile that the survivors have physically adapted in two diverging paths, based on their home. It's truly a fascinating place to visit, though it takes quite a bit of care when traveling." He goes on to describe some of the skills and techniques used by the Husk Ghibrani to survive in the wilderness of Elytrio. Shoo did both Yesteryear's Sorrow and Yesteryear's Truth.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Overlord Vaska smiles politely and nods, but doesn't pursue the conversation with the vesk further. One Survival failure for Overlord Vaska!

@Lucky: I'll give you a +1 for RP. The text says he goes for Profession (corporate professional), but I think Profession (criminal) is close enough in context ;) The drow nods slowly. "You have a point. I'll take your ideas under advisement." One Profession success for Ceobarn!

@Kultainen: Diplomacy doesn't work on Ceobarn, but that roll and RP was awesome so I'll give it to you for the last person you talked with. The drow smiles condescendingly at Kultainen. "I'm sure we can, I just need to decide how best to up the ante. Mine is a growth model, after all." He turns away, but Overlord Vaska, gives a sideways head nod to the Starfinder envoy. "Consider me impressed by how much rope you give that damned drow. Anyone who questions the principle of an infinitely-expanding dimension just needs to measure a drow's ego." One Diplomacy success for Overlord Vaska!

Current Status
Ceobarn: Profession +1
Goryu: Diplomacy +1
Imako: Special +1
Noraka: Computers +2; Engineering +1, -1; Physical Science -1
Vaska: Diplomacy +1, -1; Intimidate +1, -2; Survival -1

At this point, an Authority officer arrives and beckons the other dignitaries outside to handle some evidently private business. The hobgoblins all excuse themselves, gently dragging Noraka along with them despite her laser focus on her datapad, while Ceobarn slinks outside after them. Fitch approaches you all. "How is everything going? Goryu mentioned that Noraka is visibly enjoying chatting with Lucky, I think you're close to winning her over. Vaska is tricky but she seems generally favorable as well, a little more effort there should get her on our side. The others you might need to do some heavy lifting to convince to help us."

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"How is it going? I think you sent the wrong crew. You need a bunch of highly skilled bootlickers as this lot seem to want to either stand around with chests puffed looking pretty, or want to tell us that they are the sort of engineers who don't like actually using equipment - my assessment is that they are a soft group with a misplaced and over-inflated sense of pride who could be taken down a few pegs and then negotiated with - frankly, it would be easier to just shoot at them until they sued for peace, or drop the Jinsul on their door so the two groups could entertain each other."

"The only one I can stand out there is the Drow arms dealer, which says everything we need to know"

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility

Did my Survival check vs. Vaska get resolved?

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

"Worse than a first-year 9 drill sergeant," the vesk sputters. "Did we learn to fly without studying the birds? Did we develop space suits without a silkworm's cocoon? Did we build lasers without an efreet or two? I say!"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"I think we need to understand their motivations a little more." admits Kultanien.


Shoo Fly wrote:
Did my Survival check vs. Vaska get resolved?

It did not, thanks for the bump! That's one success for Survival!

Current Status (revised)
Ceobarn: Profession +1
Goryu: Diplomacy +1
Imako: Special +1
Noraka: Computers +2; Engineering +1, -1; Physical Science -1
Vaska: Diplomacy +1, -1; Intimidate +1, -2; Survival +1, -1

Fitch frowns. "Tough start, I hear you. Well, keep pressing and trying to get in their heads. We won't get our flagship up and running again if you don't."

At this time, the doors open and the Authority leaders re-enter, some sly smiles on some of their faces. Overlord Vaska steps forward. "Starfinders! Several of my constituents and I have listening to your stories and, dare I say, bravado. You clearly see yourselves as great warriors, images you lean on even when thrust into the role of negotiators. Well, you've piqued some of our curiosity! It turns out we're lucky enough to have one of our elite combat squads—the Frost Wolves—in residence here at the Tower, and they have voiced interest in a gladiatorial challenge. Would you be interested in putting your blasters where your mouths are?"

Sense Motive DC 16:
Commander Imako scowls at the mention of the Frost Wolves.

Sense Motive DC 16:
Premier Noraka looks a little irate, mumbling something about "violence" while Vaska speaks without ever looking up from her datapad.

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Viper laughs coldly and takes the safety off her weapon "I see. Once there is no more talking you need to go and outsource the hard parts to someone else - it appears my appraisal of your entourage was accurate. I believe Noraka doesn't have the stomach or nerve to watch a match, perhaps confusing the word competence she mentioned earlier with cowardice?"

"Once your pets are wiped off the map I assume our business is done here?" Viper looks past Vaska, the question obviously being directed more towards Commander Imako.

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility

Sense Motive 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Sense Motive 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Why are you antagonizing them? Shoo's voice rings out in Viper's head. Aren't we supposed to be making friends? He then psychically relays what he noticed (meaning the spoilered info) to everyone else.

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0
Q'Qwaan wrote:
"Worse than a first-year 9 drill sergeant," the vesk sputters. " I say!"

9=skittermander, at least according to my phone's auto-correct!

sense motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14, sense motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16 I am not surprised by the human's reaction. The vesk thinks, But I am shocked to hear that about the champions, he responds to Shoo's telepathy.

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Lucky's mouth drops open at Viper's tirade, but thankfully Amethyst is quicker to jump in usefully.

"Just bursting at the seams to show the excellence of the Starfinder Society, isn't she? Well, rest assured, once they've displayed their prowess against your noble warriors, perhaps her tales will carry a little more weight!"

Diplomacy or Bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 Trying to mollify things by making Viper seem like she's just playing bad cop?

"Thanks Amy."

"All part of the platinum package, Mx. Sevens."

Sliding over to Viper, Amethyst passes her a business card for Crystalline Public Relations, "In case it helps for the next time you're being sent as a negotiator. Remember, 'We put our mouths where your money is'!"

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"Make friends? They are a group of loud-mouthed posturers and blowhards, and simply resist the most basic forms of reasonable communication - instead taking on airs of superiority. They expect to be blown winds of gushing praise, but as long as we do that we will always be negotiating from a position of weakness, look even now they mock us further by challenging us to a duel - they do not take us seriously at all. When their pets are slain they may feel otherwise - and they may decide to be more approachable - or amenable- to our overtures. The only one I like here is Ceobarn, but then, at least he's proven his worth and can be trusted - in as much as you can trust a Drow"

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

I'm up for the challenge. Huckle gets his weapons out of the locker when everyone is ready.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

SM: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 7 + (4) = 30
SM: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 7 + (5) = 24
Now I get those rolls

"I for one thing that blasters are best saved for when the words run out, and I don't see that happening just just."

She sidles up to Commander Imako, trying to get a read on her. "I take it you don't like the wolves... would it please you to see them send packing with their tails between their legs?"


Great RP, folks! Sorry for the delay, craziness at work today. I'll post an update tomorrow.


Vaska raises an eyebrow at Viper's tirade. "Well, looks like someone takes themselves a little too seriously. This is just for sport, something to break up the monotony of negotiations and a chance for you to show your chops. I'm glad you accept our offer, though!"

She claps her hands, and the eastern walls fade into one-way viewscreens overlooking a type of arena. This large arena has entrances on the western and eastern walls. Solid metal platforms ten feet high rise throughout the arena, and some of them have ramps leading down. Two pathways bisect the arena’s center, with yellow arrows running in opposite directions. Floor colors divide the arena into blue, green, purple, and red zones. Large displays that loop footage from different parts of the arena loom on the walls.

Culture DC 20:
This arena is a more modest version of larger ones that can be found on other Authority planets, where tournaments are transmitted across space to entertain the populace and promote the Authority’s military might. This particular model arena has been used before by the Pact Worlds undead media mogul, Zo!, as part of unrelated performance combat.

The display screens light up with text for rules: All combatants must remain next to the wall near their entrance until the countdown has been completed. No offensive action can be taken during the countdown, though combatants can prepare as they see fit (such as by casting spells or using items). Combatants must remain within the arena for the duration of the battle. Victory goes to the last team standing. If an environmental effect eliminates both teams at once, the battle is a tie. The arena is magically innured against death by violence, so hold nothing back!

After presenting the rules, the displays show both squads: the other team features three kanabos led by one burly female kanabo dressed in golemforged plate, as well as a hobgoblin and a human. The display has a comms transmitter, allowing you to make some taunts if you choose.

Place your pawns in your preferred combat order in the entrance to the arena. When everyone is ready, a voice on the speakers will begin to count from 60 to 0, and the combat begins on 0 (giving you one minute to prepare). For this medium, you can simply describe your preferred actions and preparations that you take during the countdown, so long as it fits within 1 minute.

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Hey, I've seen this before! Shoo's excited voice rings in your ears. This was on one of Zo!'s shows! They use bigger versions of these arenas to entertain their populace and display their military might.

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility

Shoo takes up position near the back of the group, and draws his bug-like pistol emblazoned with the holy symbol of Weydan (holy membrane holdout pistol). Once everyone is assembled, he twitches his antennae and mutters a brief prayer, and a thin film of energy appears surrounding himself and all of his allies (casting life bubble). It will be more impressive if everyone can see our faces while we're fighting! He continues his incantation, causing his eyes to glow with holy energy (and see invisibility).

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

"Huh. Gotta get me one of those death-inuring-fields. Shame it has to work both ways."

Lucky carefully field-strips and reassembles her rifle, checking in on Sparky's settings as well. "Try to stay clear of Sparky's line of fire, kay? Sparky's friendly, but the fire-hose worth of acid that comes out the front of it isn't."

As the timer ticks down closer and closer, Lucky activates a forcefield around herself and reaches out her hand. "Anyone want a shot at making their first shot real interesting?"

If I beat you in initiative it'll have no effect, but I'll Overcharge someone's energy weapon. You use up three times as many charges as normal with your next attack, but deal an extra d6 damage. Only lasts til the start of my next turn though, thus the potential initiative issue.

"Hey actually, once this thing starts, is it kosher to hack the environmental controls?"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien sighs. "I do prefer to fence with words rather than weapons."

Still, she gives the team some solid advice "Go for the big female first."

Get'em active on the leader, could you let us know which colour they are?

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

Q'Qwan watches the exchange with an ever increasing tilt to his head. Eventually he is looking down his nose at the lack of decorum. "You can take a soldier from the ranks, but never the ranks from a soldier.... Harumm."

"Sorry my dear Seven, my weapons are more traditional than that. Thank you for the offer." He looks at the Starfinders assembling along the wall. "Have you seen the gecko? You can tie a string to one, lower it onto the head of a passerby and once it touches, yank the person's hat clean off! Very sticky toes whatwhat. In a whisper he adds, "Would any of you like sticky toes? climb along the wall, maybe even the ceiling, like a gecko? Sparky perhaps? spider climb on anyone?

"I say! Excellent idea ShooFly! Allow me to add to the illusion." The techno-mage casts a spell on four of his allies. In their head they can now hear "Whatwhat! Excellent fun!" telepathic message. Sadly I can only get 5 of the 6 of us.

His pistol holstered, the vesk leads his doshku into position. While there he studies the opposition. Trying to match the people in front of him, with what he saw on the demo trailer before. I would like to know what to expect from each of them if I can recall. Heavy weapons, grenades, magic sneak or the like. What other armor types might he recognize? check?: 1d20 ⇒ 4

He slides a little farther down the wall from the entrance.

"What do the colored zones depict?" he asks as if testing a junior researcher on an obvious fact.

He looks down his nose at the transmitter, disdaining the taunts as common.

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"What do they mean environmental effect?" Viper ponders out loud as she checks the magazines in her weapons.

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

Huckle Jim sets up his portable gangway and moves to the next lifted walkway. He has his Heavy gun out. I'm assuming the red and green areas are below us and all the gray areas are on the same depth level as us.

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility
Q'Qwaan wrote:
telepathic message. Sadly I can only get 5 of the 6 of us.

May as well leave Shoo out then. He has telepathy already, being a Shirren, and isn't too likely to be doing complex tactical plans with anyone.


The purple kanabo is the clear leader, the burly female. The different colored zones will dictate certain environmental effects that come into play over the course of the battle. The gray floors are elevated above the colored floors, with some ramps visible. @Jim and Viper: I moved you back next to the wall, you can't leave the side of the wall until your turn in initiative (although Jim can set up his portable gangway.

The vibe in the room becomes more intense, as the arena lights up under some bright floodlights while the clock ticks down. The kanabo woman gives some kind of an aggressive pep talk to her allies, then turns to look toward you with a glint of bloodthirsty enthusiasm in her eyes. The clock strikes zero with the sound of a loud buzzer, and the battle is on!

Initiative:

Viper 6: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Huckle Jim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Q’Qwaan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Shoo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Lucky: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Kultainen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Imako: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Bloodhunter: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Static: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Kanabos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Round 1 (bold may post)
Viper
Jim

Imako (purple; get 'em)
Kultainen
Static (yellow)
Bloodhunter (orange)
Q'Qwaan
Shoo
Kanabos
Lucky

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

Viper moves out of the blast radius of inbound grenades drawing her rifle as she goes - she sends a round downrange at the mouthy leader woman.

Range penalty
Attack 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 1 = 27 vs KAC
Damage 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

Huckle Jim moves forward and fires his Plasma Cannon, Red Star hit: 12 + 1d20 - 2 ⇒ 12 + (17) - 2 = 27 vs a grid intersection range 2, 5 foot explode dmg: 2d10 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 = 12 electric, fire and magic on green and yellow.
Reflex 18 for half.


GM Screen:
Kanabo Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Static Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Attack vs Viper EAC (1 range): 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 2 = 27
Damage (C, supercharged): 1d8 + 5 + 4d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + (2, 4, 6, 4) = 29

The kanabo takes Jim's blast on the chin, but the human rolls out of the radius in the nick of time, avoiding most of the damage. The leader takes a bullet from Viper, prompting her to approach and fire back with her own rifle, which was vibrating with barely-contained energy from her own preparations. All of Viper's torso becomes encased in a burst of rime!

Round 1 (bold may post)
Kultainen
Static (yellow; -6 HP)
Bloodhunter (orange)
Q'Qwaan
Shoo
Red Kanabo
Blue Kanabo
Green Kanabo (-12 HP)
Lucky
Round 2
Viper (-29 SP)
Jim
Imako (purple; -9 HP, get 'em until Kultainen's turn, supercharged weapon used)

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"Ouch!"

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

"Yeah no kidding hotshot. Try ducking next time."

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

Q'Qwaan chuckles before admonishing the team. "We must present a unified front. whatwhat."

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

I've been real busy, so please feel free to bot me if I'm delaying things. Generally Kult will use get'em and fire her gun, but if folk are wounded, will encourage themp

"Don't worry Viper, it's only a flesh wound. You can pay her back double." encourages the lovely golden lady.

inspiring boost, heals 15SP on Viper - standard
Keeps get'em going on Imako - move


GM Screen:
Attack vs. Viper EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage (A): 4d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 3) = 11
Stealth trick: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Attack vs. Jim KAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Crit Damage (P): 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14

The human moves out of blast radius along the far wall, firing a spell at Viper. The magical bolt hits home, bathing the operative is acid that continues to corrode her armor from the outside. Meanwhile, the hobgoblin drops prone and zeroes in on Jim landing a clean shot to the side of his head. His armor absorbs some of the attack, but his eyes definitely cross for a moment.

Round 1 (bold may post)
Q'Qwaan
Shoo

Red Kanabo
Blue Kanabo
Green Kanabo (-12 HP)
Lucky
Round 2
Viper (-25 SP [-5 at the end of her turn for 2 rounds]; IB received)
Jim (-14 SP)
Imako (purple; -9 HP, get 'em until Kultainen's turn, supercharged weapon used)
Kultainen
Static (yellow; -6 HP)
Bloodhunter (orange; prone)

Wayfinders

NG male shirren xenoseeker mystic (healer) of Weydan 6 | SP 48/48, HP 42/42, RP 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 22 | F +5, R +5, W +10 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (Jetpack) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (Dark 60ft), SM +9 | Spells: 1st lvl 3/6, 2nd lvl 2/4 | Communalism 0/1 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Healer's Bond: | Current Conditions: life bubble, see invisibility

Well, if they're all going to bunch up like that...

Shoo moves into the room, weaving his arm in an increasingly tight circle as he conjurs a small, spinning disk of force. He hurls the magical weapon at the leader, where it then ricochets into several of the other foes. Casting hurl forcedisk.

Hurl forcedisk primary attack vs. Purple EAC, get 'em: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
Force damage (primary): 3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) = 11

Hurl forcedisk secondary attack vs. Green EAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Force damage (secondary): 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Hurl forcedisk secondary attack vs. Red EAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Force damage (secondary): 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Hurl forcedisk secondary attack vs. Blue EAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Force damage (secondary): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

Muscles flex and tendons stretch as Q'Qwaan runs down the ramp, across the floor and hops onto the next ledge.

Acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Double move with a jump at the end. I can't affect the map, but I put a Q where I wanted to end last night. :) ... I think with the jet dash Feat that is enough, but I could be reading it wrong.


@Q'Qwaan: I'll take it! Your token was moved to the Q space.

GM Scree:
Red and green kanabo's cast supercharge weapon on their swords.
Attack vs. AC 15 (covering fire to Imako): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

The leader raises her bracer and the forcedisk pings off of it, spinning out into nothingness. Two of the kanabos cast spells on their swords, causing them to radiate glowing magical energy, then descend to the moving platform and sprint toward your party. The third draws an autotarget rifle and lays down covering fire for his boss.

Round 1 (bold may post)
Lucky
Round 2
Viper (-25 SP [-5 at the end of her turn for 2 rounds]; IB received)
Jim (-14 SP)

Imako (purple; covering fire; -9 HP, get 'em until Kultainen's turn, supercharged weapon used)
Kultainen
Static (yellow; -6 HP)
Bloodhunter (orange; prone)
Q'Qwaan
Shoo
Red Kanabo (supercharged sword)
Blue Kanabo
Green Kanabo (-12 HP; supercharged sword)

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

How high are these platforms - ie do they break line of sight if you ae behind one?


It doesn't specify the height, I read the gray platforms as being ~5 feet high over the colored floors (except the arrow aisles, which are level with the colored floors), enough to provide cover with sufficient altitude difference (i.e. they are functionally walls between characters on colored floors).

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

Works for me

Viper drops down to the green floor and moves into cover, then she starts fading out of sight.
Draws pistol as she moves
Activate Cloaking shield
Stealth 1d20 + 18 - 10 ⇒ (13) + 18 - 10 = 21

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 58/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Disabling the stupid 'Factory Recommended' settings for her rifle, Lucky sent a ravening blast of energy towards the closest trooper, really though just as an opening volley before Sparky unloads a vicious line of acid along much of the opposing force!

Arc Rifle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Overcharged
Electric Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 6 + (3) = 18
Liquidator Cannon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 in the green line as drawn. 120'
Acid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Wayfinders

Male Human Bounty Hunter Arcane Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, SP:80/80, HP:60/60, RP:8/8, EAC:23, KAC:26, 8 Fire Resistance, Fort:11, Reflex:8, Will:8, Perc:0

Huckle Jim moves and fires at the grid intersection to hit purple and blue with his plasma cannon hit: 12 + 1d20 ⇒ 12 + (19) = 31 dmg: 2d10 + 7 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 = 10 electric, fire, and magic. Reflex 18 for half

Wayfinders

m, Vesk EAC 17, KAC 17, CM 32 Perc +0 Techno-mage 5! SP35, HP31, RP83, F4 R0 W0

"I say! the tall vesk harumms.
nice rolls :)


GM Screen:
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Sparky's blast cuts a swath across the kanabo troopers, dropping the closest target when combined with Lucky's shot. A flash appears underneath the fallen Frost Wolf, and a circular sigil bathes his limp body in pale blue light, stopping the bleeding. The leader hops down onto the walkway and clears most of the distance between herself and Kultainen, drawing her curveblade en route.

Round 2 (bold may post)
Kultainen
Static (yellow; -6 HP)
Bloodhunter (orange; prone)
Q'Qwaan
Shoo
Red Kanabo (-13 HP, supercharged sword)
Blue Kanabo (-13 HP)
Green Kanabo (defeated)
Lucky
Round 3
Viper (-25 SP [-5 at the end of her turn for 2 rounds]; IB received)
Jim (-14 SP)
Imako (purple; -14 HP, get 'em until Kultainen's turn)

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Don't worry Jim. We have this one in the bag... or will when you drop their leader for me!"

Inspiring boost on Jim to get all his SP back. Keep up Get'em on the leader

51 to 100 of 164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS-GameDay VIII-GM Skeemo] 1-37 Siege of Civility All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.