[Gameday VIII] GM Brew: The Hao Jin Cataclysm

Game Master Wicked Brew

Map


1 to 50 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Game action will be posted here. Please Dot/Delete to add to your campaigns.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

A gnome with stark white hair and a youthful face appears. He seems to keep a constant, stoic expression. He looks around and sees some familiar faces.

Pai, Rook. Good to see you both again. It's good to to keep taking missions together, gain familiarity, work better and better together over time. Rook and I used to work on a team. Perhaps we'll form a new one.

You detect the faintest hint of a smile on his face, but it's almost immediately gone again without a trace.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons); Protection from Chaos

Pai, a bright peach gnome with a short shock of flaming orange hair and pale green eyes, hops up (or down, rather) from her seat, Pai chirps: "Hi Arin! Yup, knowing who you're heading into danger with sure is useful. Though we didn't have too much danger on our last mission. It was kind of mostly confusion until the end." She then clambers back up into the chair that was clearly made for taller folk, giving a familiar smile to Rook.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

"I could use the work. Working the trade network is certainly less entertaining and I have a new apprentice to handle the shop...if he doesn't blow the damn thing up." Rook replies from a dark corner already in place for this mission.

He steps up and out from the shadows with Needle on his shoulder eating chalk...as is normal. For those never seeing the pair Rook is a grey skinned half-orc that is a bit shorter than average and from his black duster covered in devices and vials of glowing liquid his profession is an alchemist. More peculiar however is the small lumpy pterodactyl with matching skin tone on his shoulder.

"Hello Pai." he smiles back.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons); Protection from Chaos

Beaming brightly at the sight of her recently made friend, Pai chirps: "Hi Rook! Hi Needle! How's it going?"


Countless Pathfinders stand ready in a large stone room deep beneath the Grand Lodge. A ragged tapestry covered in clashing colors and abstract symbols rests on an inclined slab in the center of the room, surrounded by scaffolds and ladders. Scholars frantically rush along the scaffolds, studying a flurry of rips appearing on the tapestry. A harried oread woman approaches.

“I am Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr. I won’t mince words—the situation is dire. This cloth is the famous Hao Jin Tapestry, an ancient relic the Pathfinder Society acquired in the Ruby Phoenix Tournament six years ago. It contains a vast wealth of locations, treasures, and peoples torn from Golarion by the sorceress Hao Jin. We have explored many regions of the tapestry, struggled to keep the Aspis Consortium from turning its populace against us, and devised a means to use the tapestry for fast travel across all of Golarion. But now, it has begun to unravel. We must act quickly to repair the tapestry—and that means sending agents into the demiplane itself. Our former Master of Spells, Aram Zey, knows more about the tapestry than anyone here. He is preparing a formal briefing. In the meantime, familiarize yourself with your team, discuss any previous experience you may have with the Hao Jin Tapestry, and gather what information and resources you can."

"One more thing, and this is important: you will be able to retreat safely from the tapestry to Absalom. However, we cannot risk damaging the tapestry further by sending groups back and forth. Be sure that you gather everything you need before entering the tapestry, because once you return to Absalom, you will no longer be a part of this mission."

The words of the Master of Spells spur the gathered agents to action. The group of Pathfinders scurry about to gather as much information as possible. You are able to speak to your assembled team briefly before setting out to gather as much information as possible.

Please indicate which, if any, scenarios your character has played by discussing them in character as well as listing them on the discussion page for reference. You then all have util tomorrow, real time, to investigate the tapestry before heading in. You may perform the following actions in any order using any of the listed skills. The group receives the information and rewards that correspond to the check result and any easier levels (e.g. meeting the Average check DC earns information and rewards associated with both the Easy and Average checks). The group can attempt the checks individually or use the aid another action, provided that the PCs are using the same skill. For each task, please designate the skill used. For each task, agents may forgo a specific skill check and use the aid another function. For each task, an agent may either roll one skill check or aid another. Good luck agents!

ASSESS THE DAMAGE: inspect the tapestry itself to help discern what might be happening to it. Appraise, Disable Device, Perception, or Use Magic Device.

DC 14:
You notice that the largest holes appear around six of the regions that Pathfinder agents visited in the past few years.

DC 17:
You notice that the tapestry is radiating warmth.

DC 20:
You notice that, despite the tapestry’s warmth, there are spots around the largest tears that are chill as a grave. BONUS: once during the adventure, when the group encounters one or more undead opponents, the group can activate this reward to grant during the adventure to grant a +4 bonus on their initiative checks for that encounter.

INTERROGATE THE SNAKES: interrogate a group of Aspis Consortium agents recently arrested in Absalom, attempting to discern if the Consortium is infiltrating the tapestry again. The agents insist that the Consortium is not involved. Bluff or Intimidate.

DC 14:
You believe the Consortium agents. The agents reveal that the Aspis Consortium recently tried to re-infiltrate the tapestry, but it was too unstable and they could not gain entry.

DC 17:
You also gain information about the Consortium’s past dealings with groups in the tapestry. Once during the adventure, one PC can gain a +2 bonus to a Charisma-based skill check made when interacting with a creature in the tapestry.

DC 20:
When using the reward above, the PC can roll twice and take the better result (in addition to gaining the +2 bonus).

KNOWLEDGE OF THE WEAVE: recall or gather information about the Hao Jin Tapestry. Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local or planes).

DC 14:
You recall or learn that many regions in the tapestry are pulled directly from Golarion. However, most of its denizens have lived in the tapestry for their entire lives, and some can trace back many generations to ancestors who lived on the tapestry as well. Once during the adventure, one PC can reroll a failed Knowledge check and use the new result.

DC 17:
When using the reward above, the PC can instead reroll any one skill check.

DC 20:
When using the reward above, the PC can instead reroll on d20.

SOMETHING IS WATCHING: The party gets a strange feeling of being watched and investigate to determine what is going on. Knowledge (arcana or planes), Perception, Sense Motive, or Spellcraft.

DC 14:
The group feels suddenly anxious, like they’ve just awoken from a nightmare, but the feeling is fleeting.

DC 17:
The party feels suddenly anxious and sense a malicious supernatural presence trying to enter their minds, but they manage to resist. Once during the adventure before rolling a Will save, one PC may add a +2 bonus.

DC 20:
The party feels suddenly anxious and detect a malicious presence. Before fighting it off, they sense its intentions: to feed on the chaos and death in the tapestry. Once during this adventure before attempting a Will save, one PC can roll twice and choose the better result.

SUPPLY CHECK: assess the repair team’s supplies, including climbing gear, traveling gear, food and drink, and supplies for magic rituals. Appraise, Craft (any relevant skill), Knowledge (arcana), or Profession (any relevant skill).

DC 14:
The repair team, grateful for the PCs’ aid, provides each member of the party with a potion of cure serious wounds.

DC 17:
The repair team also provides each agent with an additional potion of the person's choice that does not have an expensive material component. This is a 1st-level potion.

DC 20:
The repair team is supplied well enough to set up a rudimentary shop in the Hao Jin Tapestry. Between encounters, the group may purchase items from the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook or Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Equipment with a price of 1,500 gp or less.

TALES FROM THE TAPESTRY: You briefly swap tales of the Pathfinder Society’s previous adventures in the tapestry. Diplomacy, Knowledge (history), or Perform.

DC 14:
The party recalls several stories of Pathfinder agents adventuring in the tapestry and dealing with all manner of different peoples and creatures, from ratfolk and lizardfolk to ancient mummies and manipulative demons. Each time the group attempts a Knowledge check to identify a creature in the tapestry, one PC can choose to gain a +2 bonus on the check.

DC 17:
Once during the scenario, each agent can roll twice and take the better result (for the knowledge check noted above) instead of gaining a +2 bonus.

DC 20:
Instead of rolling the Knowledge check twice to identify the creature (see above), the agent can treat their result as they had rolled a 20. Alternatively, the agent may gain the benefits of the Average result while treating the Knowledge skill as trained.

TRAVEL TIPS: share tips for navigating and surviving a variety of terrains. Knowledge (geography or nature), Profession (any relevant profession), or Survival.

DC 14:
The group recalls the various terrain types from the Pathfinder Society’s previous adventures in the tapestry: buildings, caves and tunnels, ancient ruins, mountains, and deserts. Many more are known to exist within the tapestry as well.

DC 17:
The agents share advice for dealing with different terrains. Once during the adventure, one agent can choose to re-roll a failed skill check made as part of their movement (such as Acrobatics, Climb, or Fly).

DC 20:
The agents share advice for rapidly adapting to new environments and situations. Each agent can use the benefit from the reward above.

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Former Master of Spells Aram Zey addresses the assembled Pathfinders as more agents stream into the Grand Lodge. “Pathfinders, an entire world is in danger! The Hao Jin Tapestry is on the brink of collapse. If we do not act now, all its wonders and its people will be lost to us forever. Find your assigned group, aid in our preparations to enter the demiplane however you can, and await further instructions.”

GMs, you have one day to complete your mustering and perform the tasks in Part 1.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

"They waste no time in emergencies do they? Time to get started helping out. Let me look at the damage to the tapestry (Appraise +11), check our supplies (Craft: Alchjemy +12), or I might even be able to help us prepare for the locales in there (Knowledge: Nature +12)...wait, does someone feel something off (Knowledge: Arcane +12)?" Rook quickly reacts to the ensuing chaos and begins formulating a plan with his group.

I gave my strongest skills for the various checks that I may be best to lead but if others are higher I can also Aid.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 19* (T 11, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 1/3, W1st: 2/3 | Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Inspiration 1/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour, Shield, Fire Res 10

Danicka Raburnus was a meek, waif of a woman, slender and scrawny, with bony limbs and freckled cheeks. Her hair was mousy brown, worn long and loose, messy more often than not. She wore simple spectacles over her dull brown eyes and clutched a fancy looking broom in her ink-stained fingers. She wore an odd, floppy hat on her head and her clothes were plain and poor-quality. The poor thing obviously had no head for fashion.

She was clearly nervous. Her body shook like a leaf in the wind, and her eyes looked at her own feet more often than at anything.

Danicka stuttered nervously in busy room, "D-d-Dan-icka Raburnus reporting in..." she squeaked.

Oh, how embarrassing! She was an experienced agent! She had to make a good impression. How could they trust her if she couldn't even speak to them?

As she's directed to where she's needed, Danicka lets out a sigh of relief. "Arin! Rook! It's been so long. It's great to see you." She smiles brightly then goes in for a hug.


Male Thuvian Desert Dog (wolf) Animal Companion | HP: 21/21 | AC 21* (T13, FF 18*) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+6 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (+7 adjacent to Danicka) | Speed 50 ft. | Combat Reflexes: 4/4, Active Conditions: Mage Armour

The moment before Danicka makes contact, a vicious looking dog with a blood-stained maw and an absurd pink bow around his neck steps out from behind the scrawny mage. He growls low in his throat and steps between Danicka and the other Pathfinders, snapping his jaws.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

"PRICKLES! Danicka! A sight for sore eyes but it seems time for reunions will be filled with action." he calls out while still working but giving a one armed hug but Needle quickly scribbles something down before flying out of reach of the dog.

On the chalkboard the others can read a barely legible "BAD DOGGY".

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 19* (T 11, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 1/3, W1st: 2/3 | Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Inspiration 1/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour, Shield, Fire Res 10

Danicka's eyes widen in terror. She quickly throws her arms around the dog's neck. "No!" she shrieks. "They're not for eating! Please, no more eating people." It sounds more like she's begging the dog to listen, rather than giving it commands. Whatever the case, she seems genuinely terrified her dog will attempt to devour you.

"Oh, dear! Sorry, I --- EEEEEK!" She panics a bit at the sight of Needle. "H-h-hello again, N-n-needle...."

But, her worries are cut short as the meeting gets underway.

"How horrible! The Hao Jin Tapestry is a wonder! We have to work to save it."

Assess the Damage
Danicka attempts to help Rook examine the tapestry...
Appraise to AID: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Interrogating the Snakes
"Oh, dear..." she looks ill at the threats being uttered. Danicka will forgo attempting to aid, to let Prickles aid someone with Intimidate instead. His post will be up soon.

Knowledge of the Weave
Danicka considers her knowledge of the planes and how it intersects with the tapestry... Danicka leads a knowledge planes check.
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Something is Watching
Danicka looks around in terror. "...I think you're right..." she squeaks nervously. My check's no better than yours, Rook. I'll aid someone's arcana check, either Rook's or someone's better.
Knowledge Arcana to AID: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Supply Check
Danicka assesses their supplies for magical rituals. She'll lead arcana.
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Tales from the Tapestry
"You know, I've h-h-h-heard plenty of stories about the t-t-tapestry. I heard that..." She'll lead a history check.
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Travel Tips
Danicka shares her knowledge of the natural world with everyone. She'll lead a knowledge nature check. She can use her inspiration on that roll for free.
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 12 + (3) = 30


Male Thuvian Desert Dog (wolf) Animal Companion | HP: 21/21 | AC 21* (T13, FF 18*) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+6 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (+7 adjacent to Danicka) | Speed 50 ft. | Combat Reflexes: 4/4, Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Prickles growls at the flying bird-beast....

A little while later he turns his attention to the aspis agents nearby and growls menacingly at them.

Prickles attempts an intimidate check to AID
Intimidate to AID: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Also, GM Note:

FYI, Prickles is on the 'Defend' trick at all times unless I specify otherwise. he has the 'Exclusive (Danicka)' trick so no one else can give him commands. He also has the following abilities which he'll make use of throughout this scenario whenever possible:

Tenacious Guardian (Ex): A bodyguard can always act in a surprise round (though it remains flat-footed until it acts). As long as its master is adjacent, a bodyguard remains conscious (though it becomes staggered) when its hit points fall below 0. While below 0 hit points, the bodyguard loses 1 hit point per round but gains a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks, dying only if its hit points reach a negative total equal to its Constitution score plus its master’s class level.

Bodyguard (feat): When an adjacent ally is attacked, you may use an attack of opportunity to attempt the aid another action to improve your ally’s AC. You may not use the aid another action to improve your ally’s attack roll with this attack.

Combat Reflexes (feat): You may make a number of additional attacks of opportunity per round equal to your Dexterity bonus (four total). With this feat, you may also make attacks of opportunity while flat-footed.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons); Protection from Chaos

"Right!" As the flurry of activity begins, Pai buckles down and does her best to help her team get ready as quickly and effectively as possible.

Assess the Damage
While Danicka and Rook appraise the tapestry, Pai uses her artist's eye to see if she can perceive anything useful as well.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Interrogating the Snakes
"Oooh! Interrogation? I'm on it!" Relishing an excuse to be scary despite knowing that being so little and cute works against that, Pai strides up to the Apsis agents with her teammate(s) and begins to Gather Power. Arcs of electricity crackle around her in a 20' diameter, pulled into her diminutive form. Her short, flame-orange hair stands on end and her pale green eyes seem to glow with the immensity of the power she contains. In an unnervingly amplified voice, she orders them to tell her everything they know. With a final flourish, she releases the pent-up power in a violent surge, lightening blasting out from her with such force that it shakes dust from the ceiling. (Gathering Power and releasing it, taking 1 burn)
Intimidate aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Knowledge of the Weave
Danicka seems to know what she's talking about, so Pai moves on to something else.
Knowledge Planes untrained aid: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Something is Watching
Pai, too, gets that creepy feeling of being watched. She looks around, trying to discover its source.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Supply Check
Wow. Danicka really knows her stuff. She'll sure be useful to have around. But dang, she needs to keep that dog away from me or I might have to fry it...from its inside.
Knowledge Arcana aid: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Tales from the Tapestry
"Oh, yeah, so Arin and I, this one time, we went to a monastery dedicated to Korada or something in the Tapestry. Turns out, the people there were totally tricked into worshiping a demon or something by this other nasty demon thing. We killed it, and the people were shocked that their whole lives were based on a pack of lies. It was really freaky and disturbing."
Knowledge History aid: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Travel Tips
Danicka shares her knowledge of the natural world with everyone. She'll lead a knowledge nature check. She can use her inspiration on that roll for free.
Knowledge Nature aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

With the others quickly working on their tasks Rook investigates the feeling. Using some alchemical testers and his knowledge of the arcane it seems there is a malicious presence feeding on the energy within the tapestry

Knowledge: Arcane (Something is Watching): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

"This isn't going to be easy. Let me get us extra supplies ready for this journey." he says while looking for items that will help against such an entitiy.

Craft: Alchemy (Supply Check): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Sovereign Court

HP:27/27 | AC:17/FF:13/T:16 (+2) | Fort: +6 Ref: 7 Will: +6 | Sense Motive: +6 Perception: +6| Init: +3 | CMD 20 CMB 5 BAB 2 Kitsune Monk 3
Flurry Staff:
[dice=Furry of Blows MW Sansetsukon]1d20+5+2[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+2[/dice]

Knowing that he, Haro, isn't the most knowable person in the room. Haro stands in the back, watching.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 04 HP 40/40 - AC: 17 /T: 12 /FF: 16 - Perception +10 - F: +8 / R: +4 /W: +4 - CMB +8 - CMD +19 - Speed 40 - Init. +3 - Bloodrage Rounds 12/12

A burly green scaled Nagaji studies his companions and hissess softly:"This one was named Yelek. This one's honored to have been assigned to this important mission with you" then he considers Danicka and her dog:"Bad dog? Does it need training?"

After the presentations are done Yelek tries to assess the damage done to the tapestry...

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

...then he feels his "snake sense" tingle a bit (something is watching?!?)...

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

... and lastly he shares some tips about surviving on the wilderness and slithering between rugged terrains without being slowed down too much!

Survival check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa
Danicka Raburnus wrote:
As she's directed to where she's needed, Danicka lets out a sigh of relief. "Arin! Rook! It's been so long. It's great to see you." She smiles brightly then goes in for a hug.

It’s good to see you too Danicka. It’s been a long time since we’ve had this much of the old group back together. Rook and I had a mission with Pai here, so old friends and new friends.

As always there is a pleasantness in his tone that his stoic expression never changes to match.

Catching up, looking for gaps in the skill checks...

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

Oh hey, most all the DCs were met already, no thanks to Arin :P It looks like just intimidation is left? He's not the best character for this, so let's try some improvisation...

Arin finds the group of Aspis agents sitting around looking pitiful.

So, I guess it's bad enough you couldn't enter the tapestry, now you have to sit around here and help the Pathfinder Society fix it.

Simultaneously, as Pai begins her electrical display, he begins an Abyssal incantation of a divine spell Guidance. Although in actuality it is simple, the booming, guttural words convey greater power to instill a bit of dread in the agents. As the agents wonder how such an ominous voice is coming out of such a small gnome, Arin's eyes glow a sickly shade of red, and his stark white hair soon follows suit and begins floating in the air, as if suspended in water.

Finally the terrible casting display ends and he proceeds to casually, pleasantly ask them about their recent attempts on the tapestry.

Intimidation (interrogating the sneks), guidance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
With Pai's aid above, that should get us to 20

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

At the mention of something watching their investigation, Arin adds, Interesting, I'm always on the lookout for divine or extra-planar powers that might be related to my condition. Leave no stone unturned...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The hastly arranged group of agents shows remarkable efficiency as they aid their fellows as they prepare to enter the famed Hao Jin Tapestry. Their hard work has won them a brief moment to rest as the rest of the agents finish their tasks.

You may RP a bit here. We will be moving on to the next phase tomorrow. Also, please identify the additional potion each agent chooses under SUPPLY CHECK. A level 1 with nor expensive components.

Preparation in the key:

The Party's efforst have more than adequately prepared them for their task ahead. The party may use the following rewards.

Rewards and bonuses from the party's preparation.

KNOWLEDGE OF THE WEAVE: One agent may reroll one Knoweldge check, one skill check or one d20.

INTERROGATING THE SNAKES: Once during the adventure, one agent can gain reroll and take the better result with a +2 bonus to a Charisma-based skill check made when interacting with a creature in the tapestry.

SOMETHING IS WATCHING: Once during this adventure before attempting a Will save, one PC can roll twice and choose the better result or add +2 before the roll.

SUPPLY CHECK: Each agent receives a potion of cure serious wounds and one potion of their choice (1st level, no expensive material components). The merchants also set up shop, allowing purchases of up tp 1500 gp.

TALES FROM THE TAPESTRY: Each time the group attempts a Knowledge check to identify a creature in the tapestry, one agent can choose to gain a +2 bonus on the check; Once during the scenario, each agent can roll twice and take the better result (for the knowledge check noted above) instead of gaining a +2 bonus; Instead of rolling the Knowledge check twice to identify the creature (see above), the agent can treat their result as they had rolled a 20. Alternatively, the agent may gain the benefits of the Average result while treating the Knowledge skill as trained.

TRAVEL TIPS: Once during the adventure, each agent can choose to re-roll a failed skill check made as part of their movement (such as Acrobatics, Climb, or Fly).

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons); Protection from Chaos

Pai would like a potion of Protection from Evil. She will also buy some cold weather gear, since she doesn't know which part of the Tapestry they'll be entering and she hates being cold.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

Potion: Endure Elements

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey cries out in alarm as a massive rip appears in the Hao Jin Tapestry. A silvery void dances within the breach. “The rifts are widening—we’re running out of time! Quickly, Pathfinders. Finish your preparations and gather around the tapestry.”

Aram Zey’s gaze remains fixed on the tapestry as he addresses the crowd around him. He is harried and pale, with dark bags under his bloodshot eyes. His hands tremble slightly as he sets a mug of coffee down on a table already littered with empty cups. “Pathfinders, the Hao Jin Tapestry is falling to pieces. Both the physical object you see before you and the mystical realm it contains have been unraveling for several months, possibly even longer. My only hope is that there is still time to save the tapestry
and those who live inside.”

The former Master of Spells glares at the tapestry for a moment, and then a new rip catches his attention. He jabs a finger at the frayed fabric. “There! You see? The degradation is causing—or perhaps caused by—rifts to the Astral Plane that are appearing throughout the demiplane. Fixing these tears is not as simple as stitching fabric or performing a few rituals. We must enter the tapestry itself, find the rifts, and repair them as best we can. But the tapestry is in chaos—undead horrors are emerging throughout the demiplane, and we do not quite understand why. On top of that, the people and creatures of the tapestry are reacting to the chaos, and they are only making matters worse! That, Pathfinders, is where you come in.”

Aram Zey finally turns to face the crowd gathered around him. “The tapestry is a massive realm, and we have spent years exploring it and using it for travel. I fear that our activities are at least partly responsible for the degradation. I don’t think it’s a coincidence many of the six most damaged areas of the tapestry are sites of previous Pathfinder missions.” Zey’s face twists into a pained expression, “My efforts to repair the demiplane over the course of the last several days have met with nothing but failure. The decline continues to accelerate. I have no choice but to send you into the tapestry to deal with the chaos around these six sites. I’ll be sending in other teams to perform the laborious work of patching the rifts once you’ve established control of the situation. Then I can work on a permanent solution. Time is of the essence. By my estimates, in a little over two day’s time, the entire demiplane will collapse without your efforts. I don’t care what motivates you, whether you want to preserve powerful artifacts, save innocent lives, or be a good Pathfinder—get in there and get the job done.”

Aram Zey returns his gaze to the tapestry, raising his hand to his forehead and wincing in pain. In a low grumble, he adds, “You all are this demiplane’s last hope. Don’t let them down.”

Table GMs, please begin Part 2.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 04 HP 40/40 - AC: 17 /T: 12 /FF: 16 - Perception +10 - F: +8 / R: +4 /W: +4 - CMB +8 - CMD +19 - Speed 40 - Init. +3 - Bloodrage Rounds 12/12

"We'll do asss commanded" Yelek says, no emotion surfacing in his voice.

Potion of shield for me thanks

Sovereign Court

HP:27/27 | AC:17/FF:13/T:16 (+2) | Fort: +6 Ref: 7 Will: +6 | Sense Motive: +6 Perception: +6| Init: +3 | CMD 20 CMB 5 BAB 2 Kitsune Monk 3
Flurry Staff:
[dice=Furry of Blows MW Sansetsukon]1d20+5+2[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+2[/dice]

[b]"Warrior knows fights ahead, hard may be, we do good."[b]

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 19* (T 11, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 1/3, W1st: 2/3 | Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Inspiration 1/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour, Shield, Fire Res 10

We (Pai) also unlocked the 'Assess the Damage' benefit that reads: "Once during the adventure, when the group encounters one or more undead opponents, the group can activate this reward to grant during the adventure to grant a +4 bonus on their initiative checks for that encounter." Just Pointing it out since I didn't notice it in the benefit summary.

Danicka will take a potion of protection from evil.

"Oh, d-d-dear! How horrible..." Danicka squeaks with worry. Knowing that many lives could be lost if she fails in her mission, she nods with surprising determination. "Yes, sir."

I can do this! I just have to be brave... Oh! Another rift?! Oh, dear... Don't faint... don't faint... don't faint...

Danicka breathes deeply, looking pale and sick with nerves.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons); Protection from Chaos

It's go time. Pai makes sure she has her Enveloping Winds ability activated and leans forward, almost like a runner at the starting line, ready to leap into action. Her petite frame quivers with energy as short threads of electricity arc around her and through her bristling orange hair. Let's do this!

On second thought, if I can change Pai's selection to a potion of Protection from Chaos, that would be great. Thanks!

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

A whole existence collapsing, just like that.

The gnome ponders the implications for a moment.
And if ours suffered the same threat would we know? Would the holders of our tapestry intervene?

He looks up and notices a couple of odd looks from the party. Well, that is not for now, I suppose.


Ambrus VAslin snaps inot action at the words of the former Master of Spells. He spies your group among the many gathered.

“As Aram Zey said, we have identi ed the six most damaged areas of the tapestry. Unfortunately, each of these areas is populated. In some of them, you’ll nd allies who require aid, and in others long-time foes that would thwart our efforts. We must defeat these foes or win them over to our side. Choose your missions carefully! If you have visited the tapestry before, its people are likely to remember you, for good or ill."

“I do have one piece of good news—the tapestry’s attempts to repair itself have caused loose threads from these six locations to connect to each other. What that means for you is that traveling between those locations once you’re inside should be straightforward. Advance scouts tell us these connections look like bridges made of tattered fabric decorated to resemble the two locations in the tapestry that the bridge connects."

“As for getting back home, when you enter, you’ll leave a little blue portal behind you. It’s called an astral eddy, and it’s your personal connection to the Material Plane. Walk back into it, and you’ll reappear in Absalom. Once you’ve come home, though, we won’t be sending you back in."

“You have two days to complete as many missions as you can, but don’t be so hasty that you throw away your lives. Take the time to rest if you find a safe place.”

"Good luck Pathfinders. We are counting on you."

Ambrus details the possible objectives for the team to tackle.

You can take the missions in any order and are unlikely to finish all of them. Best to concentrate on ones that you may have dealth with in a prior scenario. That being said, what do you do?

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

Potion of Reduce Person.

"I usually make my own but won't turn down extra doses." Rook says taking adding it in to his other potion pouches.

As the Tapestry starts to rip asunder Rook quickly looks over the areas of concern.

"This isn't my area of expertise but this is definitely worse than any other mission I have been on, at least for those inside. Let's move quickly. I never let an ally or customer down so let's focus on the ones already loyal like the Muckmouth lizardfolk." he suggests.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons); Protection from Chaos

"Oh! And the people at the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment! I'm dying to see how they've been doing since we left, right Arin?" Pai throws in her two coppers, for what they're worth.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 19* (T 11, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 1/3, W1st: 2/3 | Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Inspiration 1/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour, Shield, Fire Res 10

"Undead? Oh, dear! It sounds like the Muckmuth are in great d-d-danger. We should help them first, then visit your friends at the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment."

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 04 HP 40/40 - AC: 17 /T: 12 /FF: 16 - Perception +10 - F: +8 / R: +4 /W: +4 - CMB +8 - CMD +19 - Speed 40 - Init. +3 - Bloodrage Rounds 12/12

"Thisss one hasss no preference of hisss own. This one thinksss all the asssssignmentssss ssshould be completed sssso they are all equally good assss long assss thesssse pathfinderssss sssstart in earnesssst!"

I'm good with any of the outlined tasks the 6th one looks important but I don't have a preference so I'll side with the majority on this decision


After discussing their options, the Pathfinders agree to enter the tapestry and head to aid the Muckmouth lizardfolk trbe. Grabbing the tapestry, the agents activate the tapestry's magic by speaking the command word and are transported into the very fabric of the tapestry itself! After shaking their initial disorientation, they find themsleves just outside the Muckmouth lands. Behind each Pathfinder, visible only to them is a small blueish portal, an astral eddy. The agents knwo they may use their eddy to return to the material plane. The portal remains in place it was created.

The Muckmouth tribe’s caves are dry but littered with the bones of cave-dwelling fish. In the central cavern, a small band of bedraggled lizardfolk watch as their ancient leader limps forward. Long strings of tiny bones dangle from her armbands, clacking on the stone floor.

“Welcome, Pathfinder friends. I am Oosthic, and I remember my tribe’s debt to you for rescuing our eggs and our home. We must call on your strength once more. Our water has vanished. Without water, the Muckmouth grow weak. Many have perished seeking water in the ancient ruins beneath our home. The ruins are crumbling, and the living dead slither from the walls. I fear the serpent empire seeks vengeance against the Muckmouth for disturbing its ruins, but we had no choice. Destroy the undead and secure the lost magic of the serpentfolk for our tribe. The Muckmouth must survive!”

The Muckmouth sentries lead them through twisting passages to a ruined serpentfolk city cradled in a steep-walled mountain valley...

THE TAPESTRY UNDEAD ATTACK AS THE PATHFINDERS APPROACH!

***ROUND 1***

Mhazruk
Pai
Yelek

-----
Ghouls
-----
Haro
Arin
Danicka
-----
Wight

To arms agents! Bold may act. Map updated

Inititative:

Arin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Yelek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Haro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Mhazruk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Pai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Danicka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

init ghouls: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
init wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

"Oh, they will not be bothering you after this. Hopefully the ruins can withstand a few blasts though so I don't cause a cave-in." Rook says downing his mutagen as the head towards the valley.

---

Seeing the undead grouped fairly tight he smiles and readies a bomb while moving closer.

Bomb@Wight: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage (Fire): 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3) + 8 = 16 Splash Damage=10 on adjacent Ghoul. Reflex 17 to half.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons); Protection from Chaos

A sly smile of eager anticipation slides across Pai's face as she spots the ambush. How considerate of them to start so far away. She prefers all ambushes to start like this. One thing she despises is when the fighting gets up close and personal. Scampering a bit closer (not too close, mind you) so she can get an easier shot, she unleashes a sizable blast of electric energy from her outstretched hand at the nearest foe.

Electric blast vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 272d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 2 + 2 = 10
Includes Elemental Overflow

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa
Pai Shecks wrote:
"Oh! And the people at the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment! I'm dying to see how they've been doing since we left, right Arin?" Pai throws in her two coppers, for what they're worth.

Well, I don't know about "dying", but it would be nice to see them thriving independent of the illusion they'd been subjugated under previously.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 04 HP 40/40 - AC: 17 /T: 12 /FF: 16 - Perception +10 - F: +8 / R: +4 /W: +4 - CMB +8 - CMD +19 - Speed 40 - Init. +3 - Bloodrage Rounds 12/12

Yelek summons magic to make his limbs grow longer and more flexible then he advances near where the undeads stand...

Standard to cast longarm and then move, Yelek's reach is now 10 ft


Mharzuk, I think you need to have taken a double move to get where you are from your starting position. Taking a double move would prevent the making/throwing bomb action. If your intent was to target the wight, then I have adjusted the move to allow you to do so. I will resolve round in this fashion but will retcon if you want to change your action.

Mharzuhk the mad bomber closes in as he hastily assembles an incindiary device. He lobs it at the small band of undead, hitting the nastiest of the bunch square in the chest. The explosion reaches the nearest fellow ghoul. Both undead creatutes are scorched but contiue to move even as their undead vessels burn!

Pai advances cautiously and lets loose a burst of kinetic electrical energy at the nearest ghoul. She strikes the unded menace sending arcing electicity all over its body. The thing smoulders but still moves, though badly damaged.

Yelek's arms shimmer and begin to seem to melt beofre extanding wounderously.

The undead continue their march!

Both ghouls, both smouldering from the agents' atatcks, run with their tounges hanging from disgusting maws. They attack the alchemist. Both bite at the half orc bomber and are able to sink their teeth into the agent. Some blood is drawn, but Mharduk, as a learned alchemist, can already tell the ghoul's paralyzing poison is at work. Mharduk takes 11 damage and needs 4 FORT saves v DC 13.

***ROUND 1***

Mhazruk (-11, needs 4 FORT saves v DC 13)
Pai
Yelek
-----
Ghouls
-----
Haro
Arin
Danicka

-----
Wight

Haro, Arin and Danicka are up.

da rolz:

ghoul REF save v DC 17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

wight -16
red ghoul -10
blue ghoul -10

bite red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
bite blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
crit confirm blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
bite damage red: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
bite damage blue: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Sovereign Court

HP:27/27 | AC:17/FF:13/T:16 (+2) | Fort: +6 Ref: 7 Will: +6 | Sense Motive: +6 Perception: +6| Init: +3 | CMD 20 CMB 5 BAB 2 Kitsune Monk 3
Flurry Staff:
[dice=Furry of Blows MW Sansetsukon]1d20+5+2[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+2[/dice]

Haro moves to the nearest Ghoul, pulling out his newest weapon, and wacks him one solid time.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage(?): 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

Hmm, c' kadishtu ahf' l' llll ah cahff (Abyssal):
Hmm, we know what to do with these...

Arin moves down by Pai so that he's within range to damage both of the ghouls...

Positive energy, harm undead (DC17 Will for half): 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

Oh, sorry I thought I counted 30 it may have been 35. Did those hit even with the increased AC? +4 currently from the Dex increase and the natural AC.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 19* (T 11, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 1/3, W1st: 2/3 | Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Inspiration 1/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour, Shield, Fire Res 10

Danicka hurries closer then lets out a shriek of surprise. "Eeek!" She chants a few words as she waves her fancy broom around. Then she stomps her foot lightly on the ground. There's a ripple of power that snakes across the ground, when it reaches the ghoul between Haro and Rook it explodes, shaking the ground around the ghoul's feet.Thunderstomp with inspiration.

Trip Attempt w/ Inspiration vs. Red Ghoul: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (6) = 18


Male Thuvian Desert Dog (wolf) Animal Companion | HP: 21/21 | AC 21* (T13, FF 18*) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+6 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (+7 adjacent to Danicka) | Speed 50 ft. | Combat Reflexes: 4/4, Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Prickles follows his meek and mewling pet, placing himself between her and the stinky enemies. He growls loudly.

Prickles is still on defend. If anyone attempts to attack Danicka or Arryn, (that Prickles can reach), he uses an attack of opportunity to attempt to increase their AC with his bodyguard ability. He can do this up to four times this round. Rolls are in a spoiler below in case they are needed.

Bodyguard Rolls:

Bodyguard (aid another's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Bodyguard (aid another's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Bodyguard (aid another's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Bodyguard (aid another's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Mhazruk, I did not catch that you had your mutagen active. I assume that you drank it at some point prior to following the lizardfolk. With the bonuses, the attacks miss you so disregard the save, I will retcon in a moment.

Mharzuk's mutated form spins with unworldly speed, literally dodging the bites of the walking dead as their jaws chomp into thin air.

Haro steps up and attempts to put down a ghoul, but the attack misses the slobering, smoldering beast.

Arin taps into his inner divine power, driving positive enrgy into the ghouls. The nergey seeps into their rotting flesh. Slwoly, the ghoul's graveyard skin cracks as plumes of bright energy of the positive plane seeps out, ultiately disintergrating.

As Danicka's target has been eliminated, she may re-post her action. I will resolve wight's action for sake of time but will obviously change of Danicka's action would effect wight. Danicka may also choose to delay her action and then act after the wight's action.

The shambling undead rushes forward, it's tattered clothes seeming to unravel as it moves. It tries to slams a heavy limb into Mharzuk. The enhanced alchemist is easily able to avoid the clumsy attempt.

***ROUND 2***

Mhazruk
Pai
Yelek

-----
Ghouls
-----
Haro
Arin
Danicka
(action from round one and action for round 2)
-----
Wight

Party is up!

stop drop and roll:

WILL red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
WILL blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Wight slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 19* (T 11, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 1/3, W1st: 2/3 | Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Inspiration 1/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour, Shield, Fire Res 10

For sake of ease and to prevent potential retconning, Danicka will instead pull out her wand of magic missile and fire a blast at the wight during round one.
Force Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

And during this round she'll use that thunderstomp spell I already rolled, but on the wight. The trip attempt was an 18.


Male Thuvian Desert Dog (wolf) Animal Companion | HP: 21/21 | AC 21* (T13, FF 18*) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+6 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (+7 adjacent to Danicka) | Speed 50 ft. | Combat Reflexes: 4/4, Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Prickles continues to growl and bark at the rotten meat flailing around.

He's on defend. If anyone attempts to attack Danicka or Arryn, (that Prickles can reach), he uses an attack of opportunity to attempt to increase their AC with his bodyguard ability. He can do this up to four times this round. Rolls are in a spoiler below in case they are needed.

Bodyguard Rolls:

Bodyguard (aid another's AC): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Bodyguard (aid another's AC): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Bodyguard (aid another's AC): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Bodyguard (aid another's AC): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

Aww, prickles ah nnn ya (Abyssal):
Aww, Prickles is protecting me.

Arin continues to oppress the undead with the energy he has access to.

Positive energy, harm undead (DC17 Will for half): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 04 HP 40/40 - AC: 17 /T: 12 /FF: 16 - Perception +10 - F: +8 / R: +4 /W: +4 - CMB +8 - CMD +19 - Speed 40 - Init. +3 - Bloodrage Rounds 12/12

Yelek positions himself next to the ghoul attacking Mhazruk from behind and brings his enormous sword down on the creature...

Free action to activate bloodrage, 5ft step diagonally to keep distance from the undead and attack

Damage roll: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12Damage roll: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 2) + 10 = 20

1 to 50 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM Brew: The Hao Jin Cataclysm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.