[Gameday VIII - SFS] GM Mjolbeard's 2-01 Pact World Warriors

Game Master Mjolbeard89


1 to 50 of 112 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Dot here

Dataphiles

"Tixylix" Male N Gnome Mechanic 1 (Cyberborn) | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

tick, tick, tick, tick The tapping sound of metal on metal fills the gnome's ears as he sits tinkering with a weapon mount. The sound is coming from the drone that wanders about the workspace, it's conveying limbs propelling it around as it gathers tools and parts.

Come here At the summons the drone stops and moves toward Tixylix. He spends a moment modifying a weapon mount affixed to the quadrupedal mechanical device, test fitting and adjusting the new weapon several times before nodding to himself that the fitment is acceptable.

How is that, huh? He does not expect an answer. As he is tidying away his tools his eyes take on a far away look. For several minutes he is unfocused before turning toward the door.

We have a mission. Lets go. His gait unsteady and slightly lop-sided he moves to the machine. Placing a foot onto a step he hoists himself into the saddle and the pair move out into the street. As he goes the opening chords of track 1 of Star Sugar Heartlove can just be heard coming from the drone's internal speakers. The last thing heard from inside the gnome's workshop is him speaking Ziamat, old friend. Did you receive the summons also?

Dataphiles

Male Human Scholar Envoy 1 Init +2 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F 0 R 4 W 2 // KAC 12 EAC 12 Stamina 6 HP 3 Resolve 3

A young man wakes in the tight grey confines of an Armada apartment hulk. Today's the main chance. Maybe I'll make enough to get a real place on the Station. Even the lower Spire would be better than this.

He is a bald, brown-skinned young man who stands with a confident attitude. His clothes are the snug, utilitarian wear of a Diasporan and his lanky limbs confirm a youth spent in lower G. He belts on a pistol and assorted small items of gear.

He gathers his meager belongings into a heavily loaded bag, and, even though he has hours before the meeting, hustles to catch the shuttle to Absalom Station. On the station he weaves swiftly through the dockside crowds and into the tube for the Lorespire Complex. Once there he chats up one of the friendlier office girls until she lets him stow his rucksack at her desk.

"Thanks, Amanda. I'll be back to pick it up later. Maybe we can catch dinner tonight, if the mission allows."

Always be charming. Sometimes it pays.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Dragonkin Scholar Arcane Soldier 1: Speed:25, Init:3, EAC:15, KAC:17, SP:8/8, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Per:1, Lowlight and Darkvision

Ziamat responds Yes, I have received the mission. I don't get to do very many, but duty calls

Dataphiles

Male Human Scholar Envoy 1 Init +2 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F 0 R 4 W 2 // KAC 12 EAC 12 Stamina 6 HP 3 Resolve 3

Khwam wanders out of Starfinder HQ and drifts with the crowds toward a shopping concourse. He spends the next hour or two working his way thtough shops, looking for bargains on gear and weapons, and always, always people watching.

Dataphiles

Male NG Elf Scholar technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 (17 current); KAC 16 (17 current)| Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Spells: 0th: 5 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

A tall, young elf makes his way from the lower sections of Absalom station. His grayish toned skin and topaz blue eyes mark him as different from most in the Elven enclave he lives in. Wearing his armor and carrying most of his belongings on his person he slowly makes his way upwards and upwards. He arrives at the meet 15 minutes early as usual. The folks up front have only seen him a few times but usher him on in. As usual he hears a murmur as the door shuts.
"You owe me 5 credits. That's not shaven, the elf is bald!"

Wayfinders

CG Skittermander Space Pirate Operative 2 | SP 16/16 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Per +6 (+7 vs. traps) SM +5 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: Evasion, Trap Spotter (10 ft)

Hesperrio's cane taps on the ground as he approaches the meeting room. In saunters a purple-haired skittermander wearing stylish freebooter gear and an antique nautical captain's hat. The barrel of his sniper rifle rises well over his head.

"Hello! Hello! Hello!" he says to each person as notes them. "Hesperrio here to help!"


Male Human Envoy

Rich Gallant saunters in to the meeting room and pauses near the entrance. He notices and nods to the Skittermander, greeting him with a wide, disarming smile not at all hidden by his moustache: "Greetings! My name is Rich! I'm here for the job, and I'm here to do it well."

He is a tall human man, slight of build but many think him taller thanks to his iron posture. He is dressed modestly, with loose and dark clothing making him seem formal, yet oddly forgettable. A few grey wisps streak his temples, and his eyes are sharp and blue.

It has been a while since he has found any kind of employment, so he is eager to please. Rich finds the nearest seat and prepares to wait for the rest of the team to enter, so he can greet them accordingly.

Dataphiles

Male Human Scholar Envoy 1 Init +2 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F 0 R 4 W 2 // KAC 12 EAC 12 Stamina 6 HP 3 Resolve 3

With the appointed hour approaching, Khwam circles back to Starfinder headquarters. He slips up to the meeting room and enters.

"Hello, Starfinder heroes, this is only my second mission, and I look forward to learning a lot from you all on this one."

Dataphiles

Male NG Elf Scholar technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 (17 current); KAC 16 (17 current)| Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Spells: 0th: 5 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Elwin walks into the room, gives everyone a slight bow. "Greetings all. I look forward to working with all of you."

Wayfinders

CG Skittermander Space Pirate Operative 2 | SP 16/16 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Per +6 (+7 vs. traps) SM +5 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: Evasion, Trap Spotter (10 ft)

"Hello! Hello!" Hesperrio replies with a toothy grin.

Need skittermander avatars so badly...

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Dragonkin Scholar Arcane Soldier 1: Speed:25, Init:3, EAC:15, KAC:17, SP:8/8, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Per:1, Lowlight and Darkvision

Ziamat sees the little skittermancer. Well, hello Me I'm working on 48 boxes instead of 24, so I can create my skittermancer and apply the +2 bonus to it as well, since I gmed and played it.

Dataphiles

Male Human Scholar Envoy 1 Init +2 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F 0 R 4 W 2 // KAC 12 EAC 12 Stamina 6 HP 3 Resolve 3

Need more avatars for most Starfinder races.

"So I can talk, que? And shoot a little, find my way around tech. Just don't expect me to stand face to face with with the main course."


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

A few days after returning from your most recent missions, you receive a ping on your comm units. When you open the communique, you find that the message is encrypted, and is only accessible with a voice command. After speaking your names into the comms, the message refreshes in plain text.

Starfinder,
Report to dock J110 at 0700 hours and board the Obsidian Spider shuttle I have prepared for you. You will be traveling to Eox for this mission. Prepare yourselves accordingly, and be discreet about where you are headed. Further briefing will be given upon arrival.
For the Society,
Radaszam

The following morning, you arrive at the dock as instructed, but are quickly intercepted by agents who identify themselves as Obsidian Spiders, members of Radaszam's private mercenary outfit. The agents escort you to a more remote dock where a separate shuttle is waiting for you. You are escorted aboard quickly and quietly, and the shuttle soon takes off and launches into the Drift.

A few days later, you emerge from the Drift into orbit around the undead planet of Eox and, after the shuttle's pilot receives the necessary clearance, you enter the planet's thin, ruined atmosphere and descend toward a large complex in the middle of a large settlement. The complex, you soon learn, is the megacomplex of media mogul and Pact Worlds celebrity Zo!

The complex is a multistory subterranean facility with floors dedicated to film sets, employee amenities, and cavernous boardrooms. After your shuttle lands on one of the complex's many landing platforms, you are escorted into one such boardroom, furnished with a large round table and multiple wall-mounted flat screens.

Zo!, an undead elebrian, rubs his skeletal hands together and turns his rictus grin to Radaszam. “Excellent work, you truly are the Dealmaker. My viewers will love these agents you’ve assembled!” Radaszam nods, briefly showing his teeth, then gestures toward the empty seats across from Zo!.

“Before we get too carried away, I need a moment to explain the situation.” Radaszam sighs wearily as he takes a seat barely appropriate for his large vesk frame. “We thought our troubles were over after the Scoured Stars business. We were wrong.”

“Allow me to elaborate!” Zo! excitedly explains, seizing a remote. The screens behind him flicker to life, and the undead mogul spins around in his chair for a better view. Radaszam buries his head in his hands as the video plays.

The Starfinder Society emblem appears on screen as a deep, confident voice narrates: “The Starfinder Society, a group dedicated to the pursuit of truth and knowledge—or so they say.” The music dramatically flares as the voice-over continues. “What does this fraudulent organization really stand for?”

The camera pans over a fleet of Starfinder starships engaged in vicious fleet-to-fleet combat with unseen attackers. “Today, the Scoured Stars; tomorrow, your system. Where exactly will these hells-bent-on-conquest soldiers stop?” The scene then changes to that of a shirren, faction leader Zigvigix, dancing in a crowd, their torso and arms crammed into a Strawberry Machine Cake T-shirt. “While Starfinder operatives carry out secret wars across the galaxy, Society leaders embezzle funds to purchase VIP concert tickets. What is their true agenda?”

The screen transitions to grainy footage of Venture-Captain Arvin emerging from the Lorespire Complex, his hand raised to block the flash of cameras. “Society leadership refuses to elaborate. But the question remains: does this group have any place in the Pact Worlds?” A half-dozen similar ads play as Radaszam shakes his head and Zo! watches intently.

“As you can see,” Radaszam grumbles, “We’re facing a multimedia smear campaign. The First Seeker is working through legal channels while Celita locates the source of the commercials. But there’s a way you can help.” Radaszam catches Zo!’s eye and nods.

“You’re going to turn the tides of public opinion in your Society’s favor,” Zo! gushes, “by competing on my show, Pact World Warriors!”

“Zo! and I believe that a good showing on a prime-time game show might undermine this attempt at slander.” Radaszam explains. “I handpicked you to compete as a team. If you can impress Pact Worlds viewers enough, that’ll be the distraction we need to get the time to figure this whole situation out.”

Any questions?

Dataphiles

Male NG Elf Scholar technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 (17 current); KAC 16 (17 current)| Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Spells: 0th: 5 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

When the group is met by the Spiders, Elwin is seen giving a little nod to one of them.

After the presentation ends Elwin looks shocked. "I'll be interested to see who is slandering us like this. While I have not been with the Starfinder organization long, I know all of this to be a horrible lie. Now, what is involved with this Pact World Warriors thing?"

Dataphiles

Male Human Scholar Envoy 1 Init +2 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F 0 R 4 W 2 // KAC 12 EAC 12 Stamina 6 HP 3 Resolve 3

"With all respect sa'ib, I think you might have chosen the wrong Sinb. My cousin Gani, he's sharp with a blade, pointy with a laser."

The gangly young human who introduced himself to you as Khwam Sinb, speaks softly and quickly.

Dataphiles

"Tixylix" Male N Gnome Mechanic 1 (Cyberborn) | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

There is a rhythmic metallic ticking as Tixylix turns his drone around. After a moment he pulls a cloth from his pocket and gives the metal companion a wipe in a few places. We need to look good I guess

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Dragonkin Scholar Arcane Soldier 1: Speed:25, Init:3, EAC:15, KAC:17, SP:8/8, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Per:1, Lowlight and Darkvision

Ziamat looks over at Tixylix Eox and Zo, I hope you can cooperative with undead, or at least fight the bad ones.

Dataphiles

"Tixylix" Male N Gnome Mechanic 1 (Cyberborn) | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Tixylix deadpans Ziamat. Of course I can co-operate. I always co-operate.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Dragonkin Scholar Arcane Soldier 1: Speed:25, Init:3, EAC:15, KAC:17, SP:8/8, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Per:1, Lowlight and Darkvision

Good, cause undead usually don't want to co-operate with anyone, even the good ones. Zo is about the only one that will. They just don't trust the living.


Male Human Envoy

"A Competition! To improve our public perception? Dreams do come true..." Rich nods at everyone "We will have to put on a show!"

Wayfinders

CG Skittermander Space Pirate Operative 2 | SP 16/16 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Per +6 (+7 vs. traps) SM +5 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: Evasion, Trap Spotter (10 ft)

"No, no, no, no, no," Hesperrio clucks with his tongue in emphasis of his disagreement. "Starfinders help not hurt. Hesperrio will do what he must to help restore the Starfinder reputation!"

Guns of various sorts suddenly appear in several of his six arms. "Will there be shooting?" he asks.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Dragonkin Scholar Arcane Soldier 1: Speed:25, Init:3, EAC:15, KAC:17, SP:8/8, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Per:1, Lowlight and Darkvision
Hesperrio wrote:

"No, no, no, no, no," Hesperrio clucks with his tongue in emphasis of his disagreement. "Starfinders help not hurt. Hesperrio will do what he must to help restore the Starfinder reputation!"

Guns of various sorts suddenly appear in several of his six arms. "Will there be shooting?" he asks.

Ziamat gives you a smile We help whoever needs it, defend the victims and hurt the bad guys and predators.

Dataphiles

"Tixylix" Male N Gnome Mechanic 1 (Cyberborn) | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

There is a click as Tixylix's drone's gun is cocked.

Wayfinders

CG Skittermander Space Pirate Operative 2 | SP 16/16 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Per +6 (+7 vs. traps) SM +5 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: Evasion, Trap Spotter (10 ft)

"You don't say that out loud, though," the skittermander says with a bob of his head toward the screen showing the screens behind Zo!


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Zo! beams as Elwin asks about the show. “Pact World Warriors is an action-packed game show filmed here in my megastudio. Two teams compete in a series of death-defying challenges. The winning team earns eternal adoration from millions of fans—and a cash prize!

“As far as whether you'll need those lovely lovely guns, well, that’s a surprise. A Pact World Warrior can think on the fly, roll with the punches, expect the unexpected!” Zo! gesticulates wildly as he speaks.

Radaszam sighs and shakes his head again, "Like Zo! said, we won't know in advance what challenges you'll face, and I have to agree to respect that. Better to have you participate in the show in earnest rather than entering with some unfair advantage and get accused of cheating. That would only hurt us more.

"I do encourage you all to cooperate with Zo! and his undead crew, especially since he is doing us something of a favor by having us on in the first place. Plus, they'll be the ones helping you all to look good while you compete!"

Some of you may have some prior knowledge about Pact World Warriors based on your cultural awareness or gossip you've gathered in previous conversations. To see what you know, attempt the checks below:

Culture/Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC 10+:
Pact World Warriors is known system-wide as the foremost display of physically grueling and mentally exhausting trials, pitting two teams against one another in various competitions.

Culture/Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC 15+:
Events on the show frequently change but some recurring themes include obstacle courses, tests of skill, and modified war games. A particularly memorable episode featured a “combat karaoke” challenge in which contestants performed karaoke while battling monstrous aliens.

Culture/Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC 20+:
The show’s film crews supply crates containing useful gear in every challenge, either in plain sight or hidden on the set.

Culture/Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC 25+:
A former host recently leaked plans for future episodes, including a references to “cooking combat” and “capture the flag.”

Dataphiles

"Tixylix" Male N Gnome Mechanic 1 (Cyberborn) | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Tixylix shears what he knows. first 3 spoilers

Wayfinders

CG Skittermander Space Pirate Operative 2 | SP 16/16 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Per +6 (+7 vs. traps) SM +5 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: Evasion, Trap Spotter (10 ft)

Dice:

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Ooo! We've got to find those crates," Hesperrio says as Tixylix explains what he knows of the game show.

Dataphiles

Male NG Elf Scholar technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 (17 current); KAC 16 (17 current)| Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Spells: 0th: 5 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"Ah, thank you for that insight, Tyxlix. And yes, finiding those crates would be beneficial!"


Male Human Envoy

In a shockingly operatic voice, Rich sing songs "I hope there's kareokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" Then he looks around to see what people thought of his little stunt
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Dataphiles

Male NG Elf Scholar technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 (17 current); KAC 16 (17 current)| Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Spells: 0th: 5 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Elwin looks at Rich and smiles.
"Well, now I hope so as well!"

Dataphiles

Male Human Scholar Envoy 1 Init +2 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F 0 R 4 W 2 // KAC 12 EAC 12 Stamina 6 HP 3 Resolve 3

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 The dice don't love me tonight. Rolling poorly in all my games.

"Seems straightforward enough. I'll be right behind you guys."

"Radaszam or Zo, is there any way that I could pick up a new weapon or some gear before the show starts?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Dragonkin Scholar Arcane Soldier 1: Speed:25, Init:3, EAC:15, KAC:17, SP:8/8, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Per:1, Lowlight and Darkvision

Well I'm not much help, but I'll try diplomacy aid: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Wayfinders

CG Skittermander Space Pirate Operative 2 | SP 16/16 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Per +6 (+7 vs. traps) SM +5 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: Evasion, Trap Spotter (10 ft)

"I'm sure you have a great singing voice," the pirate skittermander says with a toothy grin at the dragonkin.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Zo! claps enthusiastically as Rich belts out his sincere wish for a singing component to the show. "Well, I can see you would give the other team quite a run for their money if that does come up. But there's no hints! You'll have to wait to see what comes up as the show goes on. Speaking of which!" The undead elebrian stands and shoots finger-guns at the Starfinders, "The show's scheduled to start in a just a few hours! Better get you all into hair, scale, and make-up!"

There is a knock at the door, which slides open when Zo! beckons, revealing several undead stand outside, ready to escort the team to their prep rooms.

If there aren't any further questions, now is the time to slot boons!
This mission is tagged with the Faction (Acquisitives) tag, so it might be good to slot the Acquisitives Champion boon if you want. Also, anyone with the High Society Influence (Zo!) boon or Savior of the Scoured Stars Social boons should slot one of those.

As the staff begins leading the party out of the room, Radaszam grabs Khwam. "I don't think you all will have time to do any shopping before the show starts, but if you want to give me your credstick, I can send it with one of my agents to pick up anything you need. Just give them the list of gear you need picked up, and we'll do what we can."

Wayfinders

CG Skittermander Space Pirate Operative 2 | SP 16/16 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Per +6 (+7 vs. traps) SM +5 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: Evasion, Trap Spotter (10 ft)

"Oooh! Hair and make-up?" Hesperrio says as he skitters along. "Hesperrio is going to look so stylish!"

Dataphiles

"Tixylix" Male N Gnome Mechanic 1 (Cyberborn) | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Make-up? Really. I shall refuse, but if they want to buff my drone then that is fine with me.

Dataphiles

Male Human Scholar Envoy 1 Init +2 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F 0 R 4 W 2 // KAC 12 EAC 12 Stamina 6 HP 3 Resolve 3

With Radaszam

Khwam hands over the credstick. "I just need a decent gun. I had a nice electroshock pistol I took off a thug, but Hurondo made me give it back. I'd like one of those if I could get it, but even a lead thrower would be welcome."

809 credits on his stick. A static arc pistol would be most welcome.

With the team

Lacking head hair and scales, Khwam chats amiably with the makeup artists, asking about their trade.

Dataphiles

Male NG Elf Scholar technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 (17 current); KAC 16 (17 current)| Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Spells: 0th: 5 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Elwin rubs his bald head, "Well, make up it is, I guess."


Male Human Envoy

"I'm all set for gear." Rich mentions as he polishes his rifle, then swings it over his shoulder and follows the group to make-up.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

As the rest of the crew files out toward the make-up room, Zo! pulls Elwin aside into a spare prop room.

Elwin:
"Elwin, old friend," the elebrian says smoothly as he loops an arm around your shoulder. "I'm so glad you could be a part of the game tonight! After that little Starfinder soiree back on Absalom Station, I know you can be an absolute star. And I have a...vested interest, let's say...in my friends' success. So why don't you take a little look-see around in here and see if anything strikes your fancy. You just feel free to use it for the games tonight, and help your Starfinders win back your good name, alright?" He shoots finger guns at you again as he clicks a small concealed button on the underside of a desk and wall slides open, revealing several pieces of armor, weaponry, and other miscellaneous gear. He then quickly backs out of the room, his wide, skeletal smile beaming at you all the while. "Good luck, Elwin! You got this!"
You may choose any three items from the following list: Thinplate (heavy armor),
vesk brigandine IIAR (light armor), frost subduer (small arm), tactical rotolaser (heavy weapon), Mk 2 serum of healing.

After Elwin rejoins the group, production staff leads you on toward make-up and the set. Several flights of stairs and a few elevator rides later, you arrive in a large hexagonal room crawling with camera drones.

Various mini-sets form a mismatched still life. To the west, a raised circular platform housing a pair of long, comfortable white couches stands in front of several vidscreens. Several people sit together on one of the couches, watching you as you enter. A long newscaster’s desk occupies the area to the south. Two undead chat animatedly in front of a green screen in an open area to the east.

A spectral woman turns to a pale, gaunt man with clawed hands. “Are you ready to meet our contestants, Quell?” The woman’s breathy voice echoes through the chamber as a skeleton hoists a microphone in front of her ghostly lips.

“I died already, Lethea! I can already positively taste their excitement, and hesitation, and fear! Ah, and that piquant touch of nerves. Simply exquisite.” Quell winks at a nearby camera.

“Well, here they are!” Lethea announces. “We’ve brought both teams together for an exclusive meet and greet. Be on your best behavior, contestants. Our audience cheers loudest for living challengers, if you catch my drift.”

The production crew leads you up onto the other couch, and the commentators call over from their position in front of the green screen. "Well, Starfinders? Here they are, your competition!"

Mia Moxie! A halfling woman wearing guns nearly as big as she is. As soon as you sit down, she sneers across at you and says loudly to her companion sitting nearby, "Heh! There's no way we'll lose to these scrubs!"

Rafelo A male damaya lashunta, laughs charmingly at Mia's bravado. "Ah, but it will be such a poor way to treat these lovely people, don't you think? Although, I'm just as likely to ravage one of our gorgeous hosts!" He shoots a glance down the stage toward the commentators, both of whom laugh affably at the flirtatious contestant.

Shonvyzam A stealth drone stalks back and forth in front of this female vesk, who quickly and dismissively appraises each of you as you walk past, verbally cataloging every piece of tech you are wearing out in the open. She pauses a bit longer to consider Tixylix's drone, but ultimately declares the entire assembly of your team's gear as "Far inferior to good vesk tech!"

Shonvyzam A lithe male pahtra, is in his seat one moment, but the next is standing behind your party, attempting to pilfer small bits of your gear before handing it back with a roguish curl to his feline features. "Better keep an eye out," he says mockingly. "Don't want any of your stuff to go missing now."

Verity-5 An agender android is the first genuinely kind member of the opposing team. They excitedly introduce themselves to your team. "No hard feelings when we beat you, though, okay?" they say with a real smile.

"Well, there's your competition, Starfinders! Go ahead and tell them, and our live studio audience, who you are!" Lethea's joke is greeted with the sound of a laugh track, as the actual audience is seated several floors up on a separate set, but Quell makes a good show of it himself.

"A-ha! I can taste the hilarity from here," he exclaims, "Exquisite! Though I do look forward to a sampling of desperate determination coming up!"

At this point, feel free to chat with your competition for a short while if you so choose. If you want, you can also give me Mysticism checks to identify Lethea and Quell, your undead hosts and commentators for Pact World Warriors. Images for them are on slide 3 of the slideshow I linked in my profile header.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Dragonkin Scholar Arcane Soldier 1: Speed:25, Init:3, EAC:15, KAC:17, SP:8/8, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:2, Per:1, Lowlight and Darkvision

Ziamat introduces himself and just waves. Don't worry, me good dragon.

Dataphiles

Male Human Scholar Envoy 1 Init +2 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F 0 R 4 W 2 // KAC 12 EAC 12 Stamina 6 HP 3 Resolve 3

"I am Khwam Sinb. I was born and raised in the Diaspora, but more lately live at Absalom station. Pleased to meet you Verity-5. Hope you have no hard feelings, if we beat you."

When the pahtra does his annoying schtick, Khwam attempts to quietly pilfer something from the cat-folk. If he's successful he holds it until the end of the interview, then calls out to the pahtra and flips it back to him.

Mjolbeard, the vesk and pahtra have the same names.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Dataphiles

Male NG Elf Scholar technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 (17 current); KAC 16 (17 current)| Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Spells: 0th: 5 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

As Zo! rushes him in, speaks quickly and rushes out, Elwin smiles at him as he leaves the room, "Ah, Zo! If there's anyone in this universe with more character than you, i'll likely never meet him..."

He peruses the items, dons the Brigandine, packs his armor into a bag, grabs the serum of healing and looks at the weapons for a few seconds.
"I know someone who might be interested in this." as he hefts the Rotolaser and exits the room.

If the boon is meant to be items only I will use, he grabs the Frost subduer instead.

Elwin walks into the room about the time the other team is introducing themselves. Zo! does have perfect timing...

After Ziamat and Khwam have spoken he walks in, sets the rorlaser down beside Ziamat (assuming he could take it), winks at him and says "I brought your laser for you. I know how much you love it." He then goes to his chair and looks at the opposing team.
"Well met all. I am called Elwin. Yes. I know, A bald elf? Who knew that was a thing, right? May the best team win!"

Dataphiles

"Tixylix" Male N Gnome Mechanic 1 (Cyberborn) | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Tixylix is perched on his drone. It is polished and looking very nice indeed. Tixylix. And we will see who's tech is better. Vesk or Blightling. I do not like this vesk. I'll make her eat her drone.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

GM Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
SoH: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Tillik, the pahtra, laughs and bats away Khwam's hand as he tries to sneak something away from him. "Tsk! It's not nice to try and take things that don't belong to you," he chides with a smirk. "At least not if you get yourself caught." With a laugh, he tosses Khwam's own smoke grenade back to him before returning to his seat.

Mia looks over (and up) at Ziamat, a frown forming on her lips. "A good dragon, huh? We'll see how 'good' you are in the contest! Don't think your size is gonna make any difference, you overgrown lizard!"

When Elwin rejoins the party, Rafelo looks him over with something close to a look of disgust. "Ugh! Bald is the least of your worries, friend-o! Who let you off Castrovel looking like that?! I certainly wouldn't have, especially since I've been recognized as a premier fashion icon there!"

Shonvyzam simply looks down at Tixylix and her drone mount with a wide, fang-filled grin. "Yes, we'll see, won't we little one?"

Wayfinders

CG Skittermander Space Pirate Operative 2 | SP 16/16 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F +2 R +6 W +3 | Per +6 (+7 vs. traps) SM +5 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: Evasion, Trap Spotter (10 ft)

"That's right! Size doesn't matter," Hesperrio agrees with the opposing halfling. "What matters is gumption and spunk and a willingness to help your allies in the face of terrible odds!"

He turns to the pahtra and says, "Oh! I like your fur! Very nice. Um, but I think you dropped this?"

Dice:

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Dataphiles

Male NG Elf Scholar technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 (17 current); KAC 16 (17 current)| Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Spells: 0th: 5 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Elwin just smiles at Rafelo, an open smile full of humor.
"Oh. I've never been to Castrovel, actually. If you are a fashion icon there, that gives me one more reason to stay away... Things must be worse than I hear!"

Dataphiles

Male Human Scholar Envoy 1 Init +2 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F 0 R 4 W 2 // KAC 12 EAC 12 Stamina 6 HP 3 Resolve 3

Khwam smiles at his diminutive teammate. "Nice pull."

Way to succeed where I failed! Tillik needed a comeupance.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Nice! Tillik literally cannot make that DC!

Tillik's expression turns sour as Hesperrio offers up the trinket he had pulled from the pahtra. He swipes the trinket away, then sulkily takes it back to his seat and begins batting it back and forth in his lap.

"Wow! Sparks are flying down there, wouldn't you say, Quell?," Lethea cheers from the announcer's booth to which she and her co-host have moved.

"Yes, I can taste the resolve for victory growing! Glorious!"

"Glorious indeed! Well, ghasts and ghouls, it's almost time for our contestants to join the fray in their first Pact World Warriors Challenge! Join us after the break to see both teams take on...an OBSTACLE COURSE! The likes of which only a true Pact World Warrior could survive. We'll be back for all that and more, right after this!"

The show goes to commercial and a producer calls a cut. The crew hustles up onto the stage to escort you and your opponents off to your first challenge. As you head for the door, Quell calls out to both teams, "Smell you later, contestants. Feel free to be scared—fear is my favorite flavor!"

The opposing team has their own verbal jabs to throw at you as you all move out, but they soon move out of sight as more staff lead them to a different entrance to wherever this obstacle course is meant to take place. The production crew leads you downstairs, and eventually loads you all into an elevator and closing the doors.

1 to 50 of 112 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII - SFS] GM Mjolbeard's 2-01 Pact World Warriors All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.