GM Hawthwile's Hell's Vengeance

Game Master Hawthwile

Maps | Loot


251 to 300 of 333 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

"Oh please, call me Ingoe," the man replies with a sweeping bow more fit for a courtly ball than a muddy riverbank outside of town. "Now then, let's see what you've got there..." He flips up the cover on the wheelbarrow, digging through the leathers and weapons with the occasional glance at the miscreants.

"Hmm, that's quite a bit of goods you got there," he finally concludes, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I could take those off your hands for a nice even 500 gold pieces - no questions asked. What do you say, friends?" He holds out a hand to Sicaria, an easy smile on his face.

Appraise DC 10:
The market value for these goods is almost 800 gold pieces.

Knowledge (local) DC 10:
It would be common practice for a fence to try to buy goods for under price and sell at over. Haggling is expected.

What do you do?


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Appraise (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Sicaria, I assume you're selling your individual gear separately, since it isn't stolen (at least, not from anyone in town)? Flunked the Appraise check here, but made the Knowledge (local) check and we've already got an idea about what this stuff is worth, so:

Wolfgang snorts. "That's a joke, right? You're going to get at least 1,500 gold crowns for these items. We could haul it all to Westcrown and sell it there and still do better than 500." The tiefling shakes his head. "Let's cut to the chase. You give us an even thousand for the lot, and we'll give you first look at whatever falls into our hands next."


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Untrained Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Sicaria keeps her mouth shut, leaving the haggling to the more experienced individuals.

That's what I was planning, Wolfgang.


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Untrained Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Eradessa watches with interest, an impish grin on her face.

FYI, we're aiming for 800 gp here. Eradessa will jump in to accept when we're offered a good deal, but won't interrupt Wolfgang's delightful haggling.

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Appraise (Untrained): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Nomed has no idea whatsoever what the trade value of the stolen goods hes transporting are worth but he knows this...there HEAVY. Was it a picture, or a weapon, armor? Nomed can barely remember what all they made off with that night at the tannery, but a glare from the tengu, directed solely at Ingoe, heavily implies no b+!~!*%* will be tolerated when it comes to selling there wares

Intimidate: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Or at least attempts to look menacing, but Nomed is exhausted from all the recent events and just comes off looking like hes struggling to hold in a bowel movement instead


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

Ingoe smiles back easily at Wolfgang. "My goodness, you're going to take these all the way to Westcrown yourselves? Your poor friend there looks like he had quite a difficult time just bringing it down the hill." He leans forward and whispers loudly. "And I simply must warn you - the road to Westcrown goes uphill too."

Straightening up and speaking once more in a smooth, practiced voice, Ingoe continues, "Now, I'm certainly not one to ask why all this leather with Ol' Louslik's stamp is doing down here the day after someone broke in to his place and took everything that wasn't nailed to the floor, but I'm sure you understand that I won't be able to sell this nearby. That means I'll have to send it somewhere, and as I'm sure you know well, friend, you can't send a dead body down this river for free anymore. And I can't engage in speculative markets when I have to keep my own business afloat, no matter what interesting things you might find." He clears his throat and studies the goods again briefly. "Six hundred pieces of gold," he offers. "I'll have to recoup the shipping costs out of my own pocket, you understand. And this leather's not even fully tanned yet."

What do you do?


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Eight hundred and you've to a deal," Eradessa counters with a cheery smile and a bat of her eyelashes.


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

"Eight hundred? Eight hundred? Eradessa, are you nuts?" Wolfgang looks ill (more ill than usual). "I wasn't going to let this stuff go for less than nine!"

Just backing Eradessa's play.

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed cocks his head at Ingoe, impressed at the humans tact and his practiced words. Believing there maybe more to him than meets the eye, Nomed takes a second to really check out the squalor shack and its surroundings for anything noteworthy or dangerous
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"If I have to haul all this back, there WILL be a free dead body going down the river river tonight." he half mutters to himself, saying it just loud enough to be overheard

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Nomed watches the man's movements and mannerisms and relies on his gut feeling to sense for any deception in the man's offer


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

"Well, I wasn't going to suggest you go quite so low, but if you insist..." Ingoe says with a wink at Wolfgang. "Nine gold for the lot. I know when to admit defeat." He laughs uproariously and claps the tiefling on the back. "I jest, I jest. Now, in all seriousness, you can't take these goods somewhere else unless you want the good sheriff breathing down your neck. And I can't turn around and sell them here, so that means shipping costs. Probably about ten percent of their market value, all things considered."

Nodding decisively, he crosses his arms and waits for an answer with a confident smile on his face.

Appraise DC 10:
He's probably overestimating the shipping costs, but not by much.

Sense Motive DC 10:
Ingoe doesn't look like he'll budge any further on the price. He knows that what he says is true - these goods can't really be sold anywhere else in Longacre.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Sicaria looks to Wolfgang with a raised eyebrow.


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Deal." Eradessa says, sticking out her hand for a shake.


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Wolfgang's eyes grow distant as he tries to follow the dock master's math. Ten percent of -- what did he say? No problem, I'll just ask him to...

Eradessa Spritz wrote:
"Deal." Eradessa says, sticking out her hand for a shake.

Wolfgang slaps his hand over his face. Never mind, that’s close enough.

"Yeah, yeah, it's a deal, like the lady said."

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed shakes his head approvingly, glad to be done hauling there illicit wares


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

"Excellent!" Ingoe shakes Eradessa's hand firmly before drawing out a pouch of jingling coins. "Let's see here..." He counts out a good handful of coins before pocketing them and handing the pouch to the gnome.

I took out Sicaria's gear from this sale since you can sell that in town for full price. Gold from that sale has been added here (47.5 gp) for a total of 752.5 gp. Inventory sheet has been adjusted to reflect this - sold items have been moved to "Sold" tab for ease of tracking.

"And since you've such a pretty smile, I'll let you in on a secret," the scoundrel confides to Eradessa with a wink. "I end up with a lot of stuff, one way or another. Folks can't pay the good archbaron's tariffs, crate comes floating down the river, you know. So if you need a certain special something for that certain special someone, there's a chance I might just have what you're looking for. 'Course, I'll need some time to investigate. Can't say I've set up a proper card catalog here!" He guffaws loudly and slaps Nomed on the back. "Now then, is there anything else ol' Ingoe can do for you?"

What do you do?


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Card catalog?

"Do you, er, find many crates with books in them?"


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Eradessa returns Ingoe's wink with a knowing smile. "Delightful."


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria leans against the wall of the shack.

"Good to know. Are we done here?"


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

"Books, you say? I reckon there might be a couple ended up here. Any topic in particular you're looking for?" Never one to let a sale pass him by, Ingoe makes a couple of notes before tucking the slip of paper back into his pocket. "Come back tomorrow, and I'll let you know if I've got it 'in stock'." He grins easily. "Anything for the rest of you while I'm there? No promises I've got it, of course." He waves cheerfully as the miscreants depart back up the hill.


Cimri Staelish

As evening falls, the miscreants make their way back to the Ash House. As they clamber through the window, the first thing they notice is the smell of beef and vegetables stewing. Cimri waves them over from her seat next to the fireplace as she tends to the pot. "Back just in time," she observes, setting down a wooden spoon. "I took the liberty of getting us a few things for dinner." She gestures to a basket of bread and several bottles of wine on the floor nearby. "Did you sell the goods?"


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sorry, I probably should’ve made this clearer, but Sicaria would keep a hold on that other sawtooth sabre until she’s able to get a second masterwork one. If we get a chance to purchase stuff before the next combat then it’s not too big of a deal and shouldn’t mess with the numbers.

Sicaria glances at Ingoe and smirks.

”Let me know if you find any sabres.”

*

Once back at the Ash House, the woman is pleasantly surprised to see Cimri cooking dinner. Sicaria kneels down to the basket and breaks off a piece of bread for herself. She drapes her cloak on the ground in front of the fire. She removes her swords from her belt and sets them on the ground next to the cloak as she sits on top of the cloak.

”Yeah, we did. That Ingoe guy is an interesting one,” She says between mouthfuls of bread. ”Hey, Wolfgang! You’d better give Cimri her cut of the sale before she decides to poison the stew.”


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang hands each of the Miscreants - including Cimri - 150 gold coins and five silvers, an equal share of the proceeds.

"He didn't skin us as badly as I thought he would," Wolfgang says, breaking into a toothy and unnerving grin. "I don't think he wanted to push Eradessa too hard."

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed pockets the coin pouch with a wide avian grin, unaccustomed to making such sums of money so quickly, Nomed is glad indeed he took up Cimris offer of employment.

Hell I'm even starting to enjoy enjoy this group's company, they treat me way nicer than the previous...

Nomed eyes up his fellow band of miscreants and starts to think what a good gift would be for each of his companions, once they get back to town. After a moment of thought he takes a seat next to Cimri, and eyeing the stew with a drooling beak and a predatory stare asks her..

"That stew almost ready done yet? I could eat a whole aurochs I'm so hungry hungry!"


Cimri Staelish

Cimri grins. "Nice work - now we've got ourselves a fence." Passing out bowls of stew, she carves thin slices of cheese expertly with her very sharp dagger to place atop each one. "So, what are you going to spend it on? Food? Clothes? Weapons? Books?" She hands the bread basket to Sicaria, motioning with her head to continue its movement around the circle. "I told you this would be a profitable business."

What do you do?


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Eradessa plucks a bun out of the basket and nibbles on it. "Oh, I'm sure I'll think of something," Eradessa remarks with a dimpled grin. She settles in to enjoy the stew with everyone else.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

”I’ll be honest, I was skeptical at first, but it really has turned out well.” Sicaria takes another bite of bread. ”I’ll see if I can find a partner for my new sword that Razelago gave me. Speaking of Razelago, I’ve been meaning to ask: What’s up with the silhouette-behind-a-screen thing?”


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Please ignore the fact that I accidentally posted with my GM alias XD

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

When the f&~@ did she get here?!
Nomed attacks the strange woman with demonic fury!!
Lmao. Sry low hanging fruit and all that, couldnt resist :)

Nomed waits impatiently for a second serving of stew as he addresses Cimri, his claws rapping against the wooden table..
"Yes, yes. I will purchase some potions, and some more arrows. I only buy ten, I dont remember why though this not make much sense.. only nine left. Probaly some scrolls scrolls for his new team to kill slay Razelagos enemies as well."


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

"Books if I can find any," Wolfgang says with a shrug, accepting a bowl of stew. "Maybe the place where we bought scrolls the other day?"

Depending on whether he can find a cheap, low-level, used spellbook (such as the Defensive Primer (from Ultimate Magic) for sale somewhere, he will buy some of the items off of his shopping list.

Wolfgang's shopping list:

- Scroll of Infernal Healing x2, 50 gp
- Scroll of Magic Missile x2, 50 gp
- Scroll of Grease, 25 gp
- Backpack, mwk, 50 gp
- Tanglefoot bag, 50 gp
- Smelling salts, 25 gp
- Smoke pellet, 25 gp
- Cold iron arrows x50, 5gp
- Cold iron dagger, 4gp
- Club, 0 gp
- Cheat sheath, 100 gp

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomeds shopping List:

Cold Iron Arrows (50) / 5gp
Grappling hook / 1gp
Silk Rope (50ft) / 10gp
MW Backpack / 50gp
Potion of Enlarge Person / 50gp
Sap / 1gp
Survival Kit, Common / 5gp
Signal Horn / 1gp
Trail Ration, (3) / 15sp
Caltrops (3) / 3gp
Bear Trap / 2gp
Manacles, Common / 15gp


Cimri Staelish
Sicaria wrote:
”Speaking of Razelago, I’ve been meaning to ask: What’s up with the silhouette-behind-a-screen thing?”

Cimri shrugs. "Maybe he'sh got a fashe only a movva could love," she suggests through a piece of potato. "I mean, he's always here when we come visit, and I've never seen him enter or leave. But I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth - least not until the gold stops flowing." She shrugs again. "I've certainly seen more... exotic fetishes, shall we say."


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Eradessa smirks widely at Cimri's remark, but is too busy stuffing her face with stew to reply.


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

”Fair enough; just curious, anyway.”

Sicaria takes another bite out of her chunk of bread.

My shopping list for the moment is honestly just another masterwork sawtooth sabre.


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang remembers something Cimri said in the distant past (two days ago, in game, I think):

NPC Hawthwile wrote:
Wolfgang von Erzteufel wrote:
Voice dropping, he adds, "Also, do you know anyplace in town that might have an old spellbook for loan or rent? I feel as though I could be more useful if I had a few more spells available."
Cimri lowers her voice as well. "They say there's a powerful wizard who walks the streets of Longacre, a warmage who destroyed entire legions with his blasts of fire and sheets of lightning! His name is Tealan Ruckleer - but I'd be careful bringing it up around him. He could fly into a fit of rage and burn you to a crisp before you could scream!" Her grin is wicked, but not deceitful.

Wolfgang has another cautious bite of Cimri's stew. "Can you tell me anything else about this Tealan Ruckleer, other than he may be a bit ... ill-tempered?"

Has Wolfgang heard anything about Tealan Ruckleer from other sources?

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Cimri Staelish

Cimri finishes chewing her bread and swallows. "Well, most of that stuff you could find at the Gield general store - same place we were today," she says as Wolfgang and Nomed list their desired purchases. "Though what exactly you want to do with that bear trap is a bit beyond me. If they're all out of those fancy potions and explosives and whatnot, I know for a fact that they buy them from Ol' Odmer. Well, at least they do when he's not in jail." She snorts. "Nine Wonders Conglomerate indeed. Just look for the only sign in Longacre that can compete with Eradessa's hair."

"Can't think of where you'd find another one of those spiky swords," she continues, pointing at Sicaria's sabres. "If Ingoe hasn't 'acquired' one, only place I can think to look would be the Rees house. Most of the stuff in there's junk, but you know what they say - diamond in the rough." She shrugs.

"As far as Ruckleer..." Cimri pauses a moment in thought. "Well, his house is on the opposite side of the town from us. Wouldn't recommend dropping in for a surprise visit - maybe you can catch him while he's out for the day? I haven't seen him use anything besides little magics myself, but everyone swears he was like an explosion on the battlefield. So, uh, best of luck!"


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

Silence settles over the Ash House again as the miscreants settle in for the night. Light from the waxing moon barely illuminates the room as it spills through the broken window.

Perception DC 20:
You are awoken by the faint sounds of splashing coming from upstairs, as if someone was taking a bath. The sound fades, then returns a few minutes later as if the bath was done.


Cimri Staelish

Morning comes, and Cimri is no longer in a mood for idle chitchat. "I'll check if Razelago has anything for us today," she says curtly, pushing hair out of her face and into a loose ponytail. "Can you get breakfast started?"

What do you do?


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Eradessa wanders the run-down house, looking for food to cook or something to cook it on...


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Sicaria awakens and is a bit surprised at Cimri's attitude that morning.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"Well, I'm not much of a cook; I'd just get in Eradessa's way."

Sorry, guys; not really in the mood for flavoring my post right at the moment.

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed helps get a hearty breakfast started, having slept soundly through the night the large tengu is completely unawares of Cimris late night escapades. Hovering over Eradessa, Nomed eagerly awaits chow time with the miscreants


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang raises an eyebrow at the abrupt shift in Cimri's attitude. He waits a few moments after she leaves the room, then gives the others a wink and quietly makes his way to the hallway outside Ravelago's room. The tiefling settles in to see what he can learn by eavesdropping.

If the door is open, Wolfgang tries to stay out of sight of anyone in the room even if that means waiting mostly around a corner or in another doorway; if the door is closed, Wolfgang risks getting close enough to listen at the door, although he is careful not to lean against it.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed notices Wolfgang attempting to sneak across the hall after Cimri, and taking the cue once he winks and sets off, Nomed creates some noise while rummaging through the Ash House looking for food. He tries to help mask Wolfgang's footsteps as he eavesdrops..

Aid Another (Stealth): 1d20 ⇒ 9

But its unclear if it helps, as Nomed is always unusually loud in his affairs

My knowledge with using aid another is minimal, if I applied this skill check incorrectly I apologize


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

GM Screen:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Wolfgang:
Razelago's thin voice is difficult to make out on the other side of the door, but the excitement in Cimri's voice is easy enough to pick up on. The thick door muffles the details of what they're discussing however, and after only a few seconds Cimri says something with a tone of "Of course, I'll do that right away". Nomed's clanging downstairs doesn't help with picking out intelligible words either.


Cimri Staelish

Brisk footsteps give Wolfgang only a moment's warning before the door to the library swings open and Cimri hustles through, all traces of early-morning grumpiness gone. "Wolfgang, perfect," she says quickly, "go get the others. No, I'll get them. Breakfast can wait - we've got another job, and it's a big one! And time-sensitive, so we have to hurry!" She rushes down the stairs, calling, "Nomed! Sicaria! Eradessa! We've got another job - come quickly!"


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

As the miscreants gather in Razelago's office once more, the silhouette leans forward. "Thank you all for coming," the thin voice says from the other side of the screen. "Nothing more than an errand today, but one well suited to your skills. I met with the Archbaron last night." The silhouette inclines a hand towards a stack of rolled parchments on the table. "He has issued several new decrees that he'd like posted across town to inform the citizenry."

Decree (go ahead and read):
All Citizens of and Visitors to the Town of Longacre,

By Order of His Lordship Darellus Fex, Archbaron of Longacre, and in accordance with the wishes of Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II of the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune, the following decrees are now in effect:

Longacre’s western gate, known as the Castle Gate, is closed until further notice. All travel into and out of Longacre must employ the north or south gates and be officially sanctioned. Only the archbaron’s agents, sanctioned local businesses, or those displaying a writ of passage bearing the seal of House Fex, will be granted passage. All others must obtain a writ from the Longacre notary or do business elsewhere.

Longacre citizens shall not congregate in groups numbering greater than six in private, or in numbers greater than twelve in public. Exceptions will be made only for families with more than six members or for individuals undertaking the natural course of their business. Gatherings for the purposes of celebration, education, or religion are not exempt from this order.

A curfew is now in effect. From the hour after dusk to the hour before dawn, no citizen of Longacre is allowed upon the town’s streets without a writ of exception bearing the seal of House Fex. The archbaron’s agents and sanctioned local businesses are exempt from this order. Those seeking a writ of exception may apply at the Longacre Notary.

Any persons found in violation of these mandates or any other laws and sanctions of Longacre will be considered seditious agents and are subject to questioning, imprisonment, and summary judgment by the Archbaron of Longacre and officials of the town government.

For the prosperity of Longacre, the protection of the Empire, and the glory of House Thrune,

Darellus Fex, Archbaron of Longacre

“Post these decrees at the notice post in the church square, the jail, the Last Stand Tavern, and the Castle Gate. And while you’re at the jail, stop by the sheriff’s office. The Archbaron has a second decree for you to deliver.” Razelago’s shadow tilts toward Cimri, who picks up a folded page from the table. “One that dismisses Rhona Staelish as the sheriff of Longacre.

“You have until noon today. Perform as reliably as you have in your last two tasks, and I’ll pay what we agreed upon for your first task. If this assignment goes smoothly, the Archbaron would like to meet with you. It sounds as though he might soon have some civil positions to fill.”

The silhouette folds its hands again and inclines its head, as though inviting questions.

What do you do?


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang blinks, starts to speak before his mind catches up with his mouth. "Whoa. That is really going to ... hmmm." The tiefling's jaws snap shut with an audible clack of too many teeth.

He takes a moment to think, then starts again, "Sounds good, boss. But just so we don't, er, accidentally break the rules, do we count as the Archbaron's agents?"


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Eradessa reads the notice with interest. "I see!" She giggles a bit, then rolls the notices up and carefully packs them away until they're needed. "Let's get cracking, folks!"

"Do I get to wear my sash?"


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria blinks in shock, doing a double-take at the silhouette—an action that, had she hair as long as Eradessa’s, would have flung it all across her face; the human prefers her crimson locks shorter so as to not interfere on the battlefield. Nevertheless, Sicaria tries to process what Razelago just told them.

”The Arch—?!”

The woman forces herself to regain her composure as she realizes the gifted horse before her. She silently reads through the Archbaron’s decrees as she gathers her thoughts.

I wonder what provoked these proclamations...

Figuring it isn’t her place to question the logic of Archbaron Fex, she instead grabs a stack of the decrees and sates the one curiosity on her mind:

”If I may: on what grounds is the sheriff being dismissed?”


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path
Wolfgang wrote:
"Sounds good, boss. But just so we don't, er, accidentally break the rules, do we count as the Archbaron's agents?"

"Unless something else has changed, I see no reason why that would have changed either." Razelago's voice is patient. "Has something else changed?"

Eradessa wrote:
"Do I get to wear my sash?"

"I certainly see no reason why not - your are acting in an official capacity, after all." Razelago's laughter is like dry leaves in the autumn.

Sicaria wrote:
”If I may: on what grounds is the sheriff being dismissed?”

“Staelish is popular with the people - because she’s soft." Razelago's voice holds no judgement. "She’s never seen eye to eye with the archbaron. In these times, we need unity between our leaders and those who would enforce their will.”

The silhouette folds its hands again, as if still open to questions.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
GM Hawthwile wrote:
“Staelish is popular with the people - because she’s soft." Razelago's voice holds no judgement. "She’s never seen eye to eye with the archbaron. In these times, we need unity between our leaders and those who would enforce their will.”

"Hmph. Agreed."

She looks sidelong at her compatriots to see if they have any questions themselves.

251 to 300 of 333 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Hawthwile's Hell's Vengeance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.