GM Hawthwile's Hell's Vengeance

Game Master Hawthwile

Maps | Loot


151 to 200 of 333 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang stifles an oath as he sees the ruined library, the remnants of its contents used by the big cat for bedding. The tiefling wants to lash out at the room's humanoid occupant for allowing the destruction of so many books, but takes his cue from Cimri and follows her silently, glaring straight ahead.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cimri Staelish

Cimri leads her fellows back downstairs to where a plain wooden chest sits on a table. From inside, she pulls out five pouches and tosses one to each of the miscreants. Inside each is a hundred gold pieces.

Appraise DC 10:
The pouch Cimri kept for herself is noticeably larger than the ones she passed out.

Cimri also pulls out a handful of weapons. "This one must be for you, Sicaria," she comments as she passes the assassin a well-crafted sawtooth sabre. "Wolfgang, this one's yours." The tiefling receives a rapier, also of excellent quality, and Vigo gets a light crossbow of similar make. "And for you, big guy," she flashes a grin at Nomed, "how about this?" She holds out a longbow made of layers of horn, the ends curving dramatically to pull the string tight. "Razelago must've been very impressed!" She pockets the last weapon, a simple dagger, and heads towards the fireplace.

Nomed, that is a masterwork composite longbow with a +3 Strength rating.

"You're all welcome to spend the night here if you don't want to pay for the privilege of staying at that hotel for fleas and lice," Cimri remarks as she pulls out a straw mattress from underneath a table missing half its legs and sets it in front of the fireplace. "Make yourselves at home." She pulls out her flint and begins lighting a half-burned log.

What do you do?

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Excitement level over 9000! Awesome

Appraisal: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Nomed neither pays attention, nor really cares enough to notice the unequal distribution of wealth amongst the group. For Nomed such occurrences are not only common, but welcome. He adores his role as one of servitude and believes to his core that such societal constructs are necessary to the point of his worship of them. Hell itself being the epitome in his mind of what society should strive to emulate.

Nomed eyes Cimri with a long, blank stare. He reaches out and takes the finely crafted bow, running his talon'd fingers lightly over its surface, inspecting the craftsmanship and quality. Pulling on the string and testing its weight once or twice, the tengu, his expression still blank, stares back at Cimri. His gaze seems to penetrate her very core with its intensity, his hands start to slowly tremble...

This...this is...

"THIS IS THE GREATEST GREATEST GIFT I HAVE EVER RECIEVED!" The tengu shouts, tears streaming from his bloodshot avian pupils. Clearly foreign to a novelty such as gift giving the tengu is quite smitten indeed. Nomed collects himself some time later and begins scouring the downstairs for any food, his stomach growling to the point of being mistaken for another demonic breakout

Perception for food: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
If none available...
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
For rats or other edible vermin


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Sicaria tests out her new weapon—surprised when the grip seems shaped specifically for her hand. She replaces the sword at her right hip with this new blade.

The woman then turns her gaze upon their cohort.

”Cimri, we were all instrumental in the execution of this heist—Nomed, admittedly, did particularly well in taking out the unexpected roadbumps, so Mr. Razelago’s favoritism toward him is justified, much to my chagrin. Tell me,”

Sicaria’s glare darkens as her hair flickers in the air, moving in a such a way that her hair seems to take on the likeness of true fire. Her voice is steady, but the frustrated curiosity in her voice still sharp like her newly-acquired weapon.

”What exactly did you do to deserve a greater cut than the rest of us?”

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Wolfgang accepts the rapier with a nod. He plucks a hair from his head and tests the blade, smiling at the result. His smile fades a bit when he notices the size of the pouch claimed by Cimri, but he decides to stay silent.

Let it go, this time. You're just grateful to be part of the team, right?

The tiefling starts to look for another straw pallet when Sicaria challenges Cimri. He looks from one woman to the other, and takes a quiet step back toward the door.


Cimri Staelish

Cimri meets Sicaria's stare evenly. "Would you prefer I had left you for dead in the muck of that yard? I paid good money for that potion, and you owe me. But if you would rather pretend at 'fairness', then here." Without moving her gaze an inch, she reaches into the pouch and throws a handful of coins at Sicaria. A metallic clatter fills the air as the coins bounce off the human and fall to the floor. "Don't expect me to pull your ass out of the fire again."

As always, please let me know if language/topics/anything is bothering you as a player and we'll find a solution.

"And in the name of 'fairness', here." Cimri counts out handfuls of coins and passes them to Wolfgang, Nomed, and Vigo. "Now, you lot staying or leaving?" The question is asked of everyone, but the glare is pointed at the assassin.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria looks down at the coins at her feet, honestly surprised at Cimri’s reaction. The human gathers up the gold and counts it out.

”I believe you misspoke, Cimri: I paid good money for that potion.” Sicaria chucks a small bag of coins at the other woman’s feet. She takes off her cloak to use as a makeshift pillow as she lies down on the ground.

”Try not to slit my throat in my sleep; honor among thieves and all that.”

50 gp off from my share of the payment.


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang cocks an eyebrow. "Sure. And I paid good money for the scroll I spent on Vigo, if that's how we're doing this."

He relaxes - a bit - and pulls together some of the stuffing from the ruined furniture for a makeshift mattress and lays his bedroll on top.

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed watches the exchange between Sicaria and Cimri with keen interest, he has seen challenges between human females before, and the memories have stuck with him. With this one resolving rather peacefully, Nomed chuckles slightly to himself and pockets the extra coin into his purse.
"And I didnt pay for anything, but I had many many pots of s+*& thrown at me, the extra coin is good, thank you." the tengu states, giving Cimri a slight bow of gratitude in return. Making his way back to scowering the downstairs for food he looks over at the group and back to Cimri..
"Looks like everyone is wanting to stay stay, besides.. I have had fleas AND lice before, and it is not fun. Stay here, much much easier." if the tengu was making a joke it was unlikely, the statement coming out more matter of fact


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

"That's between the two of you then, isn't it?" Cimri doesn't look at Wolfgang and Vigo as she turns stiffly and crouches down to tend the fire. The bag of coins sits untouched on the floor as the miscreants finish settling in for the night. The old house creaks and groans while they sleep, the smell of old smoke lending a dry edge to the slight breeze that drifts through the broken windows.

Perception DC 20:
You stir awake in the middle of the night. Is that... splashing? The longer you listen, the more the sound reminds you of someone getting into a bath. Whatever it is, it seems to be coming from somewhere upstairs. It dies down as quickly as it began.

As you drift back to sleep, the sound returns and fades again. As much as you strain your ears afterwards, only the faint groaning of the house settling can be heard.

In the morning, the pouch is gone - as are Vigo and Cimri.


Cimri Staelish

Cimri returns after several hours, a rainbow-haired gnome at her side. "Well, he won't be making that mistake again," she says grumpily. "But good riddance to bad rubbish - and maybe Eradessa here can keep it from happening again." She brushes the hair out of her face and waves her arm at the others sitting on the porch of the manor. "Say hello, or whatever. I need something to wake me up." She clambers up through the window, leaving the four miscreants outside.

What do you do?


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

The gnome in question is a short and slender, with rosy cheeks, and a massive grin spread across her face. She wears a black, gothic-style mini dress with a puffy skirt and bright red, silky bloomers peeking out from the bottom, and fancy looking black leather boots that are more decorative than practical. On her back is a lacy backpack that looks lightly filled with books. Dangling from her brightly beaded belt is a belt pouch and a quartet of bone scroll cases. Around her neck is a crystal phial containing a drop of iridescent liquid. Her rainbow coloured hair is done up in a sophisticated bun, with perfectly curled locks of hair tumbling down her back and over over her shoulders.

"Well, hello there!" she exclaims pleasantly. "The names Eradessa! Eradessa Spritz! It's a pleasure to meet you!" she gives the group a curtsy. "Well? Who are you? Introductions are paramount, you know!"


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Sicaria awakens in the middle of the night, listening to the splashing of water. The woman laughs under her breath slightly as she mumbles under her breath, barely audible and full of a groggy “drunkenness.”

”No. Stop. You’ll drown.”

She drifts back to sleep ultimately uncaring of the splashing other than forgettable frustration for waking her up.

*

Sicaria, clad in her new armor and a new sword at her hip I’ll update her profile to reflect her new gear when I get a chance, awakens the next day. She notes Vigo’s and Cimri’s disappearance with a shrug as she wanders off to perform her morning prayers in private, following which she performs various mundane tasks—sharpening her swords, doing combat regimen, and so forth.

When Cimri returns with the colorful-yet-gothic gnome Sicaria is caught off-guard. Even while the gnome is introducing herself the human is just speechless at the strangeness of the new arrival

Gnomes.

Sicaria coughs to put her flabbergasted confusion aside and looks the gnome in the eye.

”Sicaria Rubei. Welcome.”

Her voice stays rigid and stern, sounding neither welcoming nor inviting.

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

During the night, Nomed awakes to the sound of splashing, the noise stirs him into conciousness but after a look around and noting Cimri and Vigo's absence, the tengu chalks it up to the two being promiscuous humans and falls quickly back to sleep

Vigo mustve charmed his way into our employers "good graces".. he thinks as his eyes close back into a deep slumber...

Awaking the next day, the large tengu is greeted by a strange curio-so, a gnome no less, and one that looks like she just lost a fight with a rainbow! Glad that hes no longer the oddest duck in the group, Nomed introduces himself with as much poise and grace as he can muster..

"Greetings Greetings Eradessa!, were Cimri's rag tag group of miscreants. Im Nomed, bodyguard and muscle of the team team. Dont be afraid with my appearance, Im humanoid... for the most most part." He admits almost proudly with a small chuckle, giving the gnome a smile that is supposed to come across as genuine it most likely looks frightening coming from his visage


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Wolfgang sleeps soundly through the night, the sparsely inhabited ruin far quieter than the inn at the center of the village. When Cimri returns with Eradessa, he is just finishing preparing his spells. The tiefling holds his spellbook open with his tail so he can finish preparing his spells while using his hands to prepare a small pot of foul-smelling stew over the fire.

When he sees the new arrival, Wolfgang puts down his book and rests the stewpot carefully in the flames. He straightens up, wipes ashes from his hands onto his pants, and offers one hand to the gnome. "Nice to meet you, Eradessa. I'm Wolfgang Erzteufel," he says, giving her a nervous grin with too many teeth. He continues hesitantly, with a glance at Cimri for approval. "Welcome to ... the team?"

Is she a wizard? She looks like she might be a real wizard. Good. The group probably needs someone better than me. Maybe she has some useful spells in her book that I don't already have and she'll let me copy them. Sure she will. And they still need me to pick locks and scout. At least I think they do. Oh, Hells, I'm screwed.


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Hi, Sicaria! Nice to meet you!" Eradessa replies to the stunned woman.

With a glance at Nomen she bursts out laughing. Putting her hands on her hips she says, "Scared? Aahahahaha! That's a good one!" She playfully pats the tengu on the 'knee' -- being unable to reach his elbow. "Oh, don't worry about me, pal! I've seen scary. You're downright tame!" Stroking his knee feathers in admiration for a moment she adds, "Nice feathers, by the way." She sniffs at something -- an aroma that's apparently caught her attention -- then grins and lets out a sigh. Seeming to refocus on the tengu she adds, "The pleasure's mine."

As Wolfgang speaks she cocks her head, as if she had momentarily forgotten her surroundings. "Ah! Wolfgang, my fine fellow, it's a joy." She sticks her hand up at the big tiefling, clearly waiting for a handshake. "Thanks for the welcome!"

Stepping back from the others she leans against a nearby wall. "So, what's the scoop? What's shaking? You been working together long?" She eyes the trio up and down for a few long moments, then grins. "I haven't met any of you before. No surprise there, of course. It's been a while since I've been in town. But, I've worked with Cimri before. She was younger then. Less cranky." Eradessa give the group a charming wink.


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria just stares with renewed astonishment.

Achaekek's mandible, I'm actually starting to miss Vigo.


Cimri Staelish

Cimri sticks her head out the window, all traces of irritation and drowsiness gone. "Folks, get in here quick - Razelago's got another job for us!" Her voice is excited and eyes bright. Without waiting for a response, she pulls her head inside and the sounds of someone bounding up the staircase float past the broken window frame.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

The miscreants follow, their newest member in tow. Razelago's office in the library is much the same as it was last night - destroyed books molded into a nest, folding paper screens dividing the room in half and catching the silhouette of a seated man lit from behind, and a table in front of the screens. A small, black lacquered box sitting on the table is the only addition to the setting. Once everyone is inside, the thin voice speaks from behind the screens again.

"Is that someone new I see, Cimri? It is no matter - you've demonstrated your ability to find quality talent even in this backwater town. I just hope they prove competent enough. Now, to business."

"With the number of veterans who live in town, it's not surprising that there's a church of Iomedae in Longacre. But there might not be one much longer if Tileavia Allamar, its priestess, does what she has in mind."

Razelago's silhouette clasps shadowy hands. "There's growing unrest in the empire, and not just in Pezzack and along the Hellcoast. Many of Iomedae's faithful have begun speaking more boldly of the monarchy's vices and the rights of citizens. They seem to believe this is Andoran, and that the people have only to reach out to seize power. But they are wrong. This is Cheliax, not Andoran, and we know where true power lies."

"Fifth Sword Knight Allamar is gathering all who will listen for a sermon in front of her church this afternoon - only two hours from now. I don't know what she has in mind, but I suspect some revolutionary claptrap that can only sow the seeds of confusion and frustration among Longacre's citizens. That is contrary to my wishes. So I'd like you to attend the rally. In the box are sashes marked with the insignia of Archbaron Fex. Wear them, remind people that the lord of this town is not without supporters, and see what transpires. Afterward, Cimri will report back to me. In return, you will all receive double what you did last night." As Cimri eagerly takes the box, the silhouette inclines its head as if to entertain questions from its audience.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria listens to Razelago’s briefing with half-heartedness, only intending to get the main points of interest until she heard a single word:

Iomedae

The redhead’s eyes snap to meet what she can only assume to be where the boss’s gaze to be. She listens with intent and interest—no, “interest” isn’t correct; Sicaria listened with scrutiny. She listens with a scrutiny that her companions had yet to see from her. A scrutiny that showed complete determination to complete this task.

I’d do so even without being paid.

She’d never say that aloud, of course, now that Razelago has offered payment. She stares at Razelago’s silhouette for two full seconds after he finishes before she speaks, clutching her red-and-white furred cloak, a memento of her former life. Iomedae’s sacred colors are red and white; a legitimately accident that that was the cloak’s colors, but works out nonetheless.

”How prominent is the Iomedaean church in Longacre? And what if this rally turns out to be more than simple claptrap?”

Rolling a Religion check if that could answer the first question.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Probably not.


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Unrest and sermons, huh? Interesting!" Eradessa remarks. "Been a while since I've seen an Iomedaean!" She scampers over to the box and opens it, pulling out one of the sashes and slipping it on. "Pretty swanky!"

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 (She has been out of the country. Does she have any idea what's happened in Pezzack or Westcrown?) *sees roll* Nope! Haha.


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

"Contrary to my wishes"? Just who is this guy? And where would someone living in a dump like this get livery for an Archbaron?

Knowledge (local) about Archbaron Fex?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Wolfgang pulls a sash out of the box and puts it on. As he does, he asks,

"So if there's trouble, so you have any instructions for us? Or... restrictions, anything we shouldn't do?"

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed listens carefully to his employers instructions, his mind starting to wander after the mention of the church of Iomedaean and the fifth sword's intent. Matters of religion or those involving the machinations of deities and there forever power struggles bore the tengu.

Bleah, gods... such a silly silly concept. Why waste time swooning over something that doesnt even know you exist.

Nomed eventually walks over to the box to grab a sash of his own, pinning it akwardly to his large chest as best he can...

"So, let me make sure this is correct... youll pay pay good coin just for us to show off these off?!"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
If there was any alterior motive behind the employers job offer, it goes unnoticed by Nomed

There is more to this I know it, but oh well. I can be there fashion model for a day, money moneys right

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

A moment after he utters his question a thought, nay a sentiment he drilled into his head to remember flashes back to him. Dropping to one knee rather suddenly the large tengu dips his head toward there new boss..

"Sir Razelago, many many thanks for the mighty weapon. I shall use it to slay slay lots of your enemies, of this I am sure. "

And with that, Nomed remains kneeling on the floor until the boss speaks up again


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

"The church of Iomedae is merely a comfort for old fools," Razelago responds dryly to Sicaria and Wolfgang's questions. "And I ask only that you listen and make your presence known."

As Eradessa opens the box, she finds five broad crimson sashes, each emblazoned with the symbol of Cheliax and a pair of fighting stags with bloody antlers - the arms of House Fex. Cimri nods approvingly as the gnome slips it on, then frowns. "Maybe we want to pin that a bit..." she says with a squint. "It's a bit too long on you otherwise." The sash does indeed drape from Eradessa's shoulder down to below her knees.

Wolfgang:
Archbaron Fex is the head of House Fex, the ruling family of Longacre. While not a major player in Chelaxian politics, the family is still a force to be reckoned with - especially in such a small, sleepy town such as Longacre.

"Rise, my faithful Nomed." Razelago's thin voice is amused at the tengu's theatrics. "I fear I have few enemies in need of slaying, but it is always good to be on good terms with someone willing to keep things that way." He chuckles and waves a hand. "I look forward to hearing what you discover." The panther-creature shifts in her nest, one eye barely open to watch as Cimri heads for the door and beckons.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria bows to the silhouette.

”The work shall be done, Mr. Razelago.”

The human silently retrieves a sash from the box and drapes it over herself as she follows Cimri’s lead.


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang nods once, but he is grinding his teeth as they turn to leave.

Once they're out of Razelago's earshot, he buttonholes Cimri. "This sounds like an easy job, but the instructions are a bit vague. We're supposed to show up to a rally of Inheritor-following, down-on-their-luck army veterans in House Fex livery and just 'make our presence known'? I give it five minutes - tops - after we get there before the first punch, or bottle, is thrown by an idiot who drank his breakfast and blames the Archbaron for his troubles."

He pauses for a breath and tries to calm his racing heartbeat. "At the tannery, in the middle of the fight, you told us not to kill anyone because it would be bad for business. That was fine, but this time, I'd like to know in advance if we need to hold back. Because if we have to defend ourselves, it will be much simpler if we don't have to do it with one hand tied behind our backs."

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Perhaps that was too much much? I never know..

Nomed raises himself back up to his full impressive height and gives a nod of confirmation to the big boss once more on his way out. Following behind the group and still adjusting his sash, his curiosity is pinged at the mention of Wolfgang's question. He doesn't add anything to the legitimate concern, instead, he is picturing in his head how he believes the situation to play out..

Nomed is walking through a crowd of veteran warriors and god lovers, his bow singing and beak snapping at any unlucky person caught within his wrath. He is fully under the control of his demonic corruption and the body count is awe inspiring. Wolfgang and Sicaria are simarily also as deep into the carnage unfolding, the assassins blades cutting limb after limb as the tieflings rapier and bow pierce through the horde. Hes unsure of what the gnome is capable of, so he improvised her throwing a massive fireball into another unfortunate group of people.

Cahahah.. the tengu caws silently to himself, the thought making his adrenaline pump with excitement


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Eradessa deftly adjusts and pins the sash, then gives her shadowy patron a curtsy. "See y'a later!" She scampers out after the others.

"So, what happened in Pezzack and along the Hellcoast? And do any of you know anything about Allamar?"


Cimri Staelish

"I'm not really sure what else there is to understand," Cimri replies to Wolfgang as the group heads outside. "He said... uff... listen... and be seen. Nothing about carving your initials into anyone who looks at you funny." Her speech is interrupted by the effort of climbing out the window, then continues. "Seems like a super easy job to me - twice the pay as last night for half the piss." She laughs at the memory.

"Oh, you missed quite the spectacle Eradessa," Cimri continues, then pauses as a window noisily shuts. "I'll, um, tell you about it later." The group continues through Longacre proper until they reach the church square.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

On the north side of the square, the church of Iomedae sits surrounded by a wrought-iron fence. In front of it, a conspicuous white-clothed table stands empty. A well sits in the center of the square, as does a tall wooden post full of nails and wind-torn notices. The shops and businesses surrounding the plaza hum with morning shoppers, and the wide thoroughfare running north and south through the square sees a steady stream of villagers. Several elderly laborers sit on the edge of the well or lean up against the church fence, talking quietly amongst themselves. Judging by the sun's position, there are still several hours before noon.

Map updated. Each square is 20 ft, so don't worry about scale or exact placement right now.

What do you do?

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed breaks away from the group as they head over to the church square, hoping to kill some time until noon by picking up some gear from the local shops. On his mind are two items in particular and he mills about in search of his merchandise..

Shopping List:

Potion of Cure Light Wounds (×1) / 50gp
Arrows (×20) / 1gp


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria remains silent the whole way to the church square, thoughts running through her head as to what this rally could be about.

”So do we just wait?”

Her eyes do not leave the wrought iron fence around the church.

Honestly not sure what we’re supposed to be doing right now other than maybe shopping.


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang nods placatingly at Cimri. "Sure, sure. Easy money. But you don't have me on the team not to think about how things can go sideways. I'm just being paranoid. I'm sure the Archbaron is respected enough that a fired-up crowd of unemployed, hungover ex-soldiers wouldn't dream of drawing a blade at anyone wearing his colors."

Wolfgang notices Nomed heading into a nearby shop. "The bird-man has the right idea, we ought to pick up some fresh gear. Maybe we should scout out possible buyers for the stuff we brought back from the tannery while we're at it? I don't fancy hauling those skins and eight sets of armor into town without knowing we won't have to haul them back to the house again."

Wolfgang's Shopping List:

- Potion of cure light wounds, 50gp
- Scroll of mage armor, 25gp
- Scroll of infernal healing, 25gp

Voice dropping, he adds, "Also, do you know anyplace in town that might have an old spellbook for loan or rent? I feel as though I could be more useful if I had a few more spells available."


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Sounds like you lot had an entertaining night!" Eradessa replies to Cimri with a giggle. "I'll buy you a drink later, and we'll catch up."

At the town square, Eradessa takes a deep breath... "Ahhh... Smells of the city, hey? Sweat, offal, and rotten trash! Mmm! Practically potpourri, compared to the rot on the air in Geb!" She chuckles again, then scampers over to the pole covered in notices. "Well, well, well. What have we here?"

She reads the notices with interest.


Cimri Staelish
Wolfgang von Erzteufel wrote:
Voice dropping, he adds, "Also, do you know anyplace in town that might have an old spellbook for loan or rent? I feel as though I could be more useful if I had a few more spells available."

Cimri lowers her voice as well. "They say there's a powerful wizard who walks the streets of Longacre, a warmage who destroyed entire legions with his blasts of fire and sheets of lightning! His name is Tealan Ruckleer - but I'd be careful bringing it up around him. He could fly into a fit of rage and burn you to a crisp before you could scream!" Her grin is wicked, but not deceitful.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

Nomed and Wolfgang are able to find the goods they seek, but Wolfgang doesn't find any shops this near to the church of Iomedae that look seedy enough to be open to the idea of purchasing stolen wares without raising a fuss.

Eradessa finds mostly local news, business listings, and past decrees of lesser importance (apparently Miss Nisra is looking for a lost cat - again). A verdigris-stained copper archer swivels atop a squeaky weather vane at the post's summit.

The following two checks are for folks studying the notice board.

Perception DC 16:
Amidst the other postings are 5 decrees by Archbaron Fex imposing new taxes and 2 decrees raising existing taxes on local businesses.

Knowledge (local) DC 16:
The archer portrayed atop the post is Alisa the Bandit Buster, who slew a bandit lord named Kalisboro who once preyed upon the town from the depths of the Whisperwood.

As time passes, the square begins to fill up as more people enter. A quiet hubbub fills the air with brief interjections quickly hushed to avoid notice.

About half an hour has passed. Sun is still at least an hour away from noon, probably more.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria’s ears perk up at the gathering crowd.

What was that?

She moves over, trying to catch parts of the suddenly hushed conversations, hoping to see what the hubbub is about.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Stealth (if needed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

…but apparently a scarred woman with a bright red cloak isn’t exactly “subtle.”


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Eradessa smiles at the lost cat sign. "Here, kitty kitty..." She purrs in a surprisingly ominous tone.

Finding nothing else of interest she wanders over to the quiet hushed hubbub.

"Good morning!" she exlcaims with a chipper curtsy. "Wow, exciting day, eh? I can't wait to hear what old Allamar's going to say this time!" She waggles her eyesbrows at the crowd winningly. "What's up? You here for the speech later?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed comes back with an eager grin on his beak. He thought it should be nearly time for the speech to begin, so he wanders his way back to the group, giving a wide berth to the ever on-growing crowd. At first that is...

The job was to be noticed was it not not? Time to show the team you can do more than take heavy heavy bolts to the chest...

The tengu takes a second to ensure the sash is flamboyantly displayed for all to possibly see. Which would be more helpful if the tengu himself wasnt already a lot to take in. Pushing his avian chest out and giving off an expression of barely constrained rage, he awaits for the speech to thus start, hoping to be as "noticable" as possible

Intimidate: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Perform(Act): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

I wonder if showing showing my third eye would be too much? Always overthinking..


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Seeing Eradessa reading the posted bulletins, Wolfgang walks over to the pole as the gnome wanders off to mingle with the townsfolk.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

He gives the archer on the weathervane a toothy smirk and a crooked salute, then turns to watch the slowly gathering crowd. When Nomed marches into the square, all but daring the disgruntled townsfolk to challenge him, Wolfgang shakes his head.

Sure, Cimri. We're just here to show the colors. Easy money.

Figuring there is still almost an hour until the speech, the tiefling hangs out on the edge of the square, languidly flipping a copper piece in the air and catching it and watching people join the throng. When there is about ten minutes remaining, he ducks into an alley to cast mage armor before moving through the crowd to get closer to the church. He makes sure that his sap and rapier are both loose on his belt to be drawn quickly, and checks that his coin purse is tucked safely under his shirt wedged behind his belt. A youth spent picking pockets in crowds like this one has left him unwilling to trust the people around him.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

The crowds part for Sicaria, drawing away from the woman in silence as she tries to pass unnoticed. Eradessa receives a similarly cool reception as the townsfolk look at her cheerful face, smile, glance down at the sash pinned to her chest, frown, and walk away. Nomed certainly draws attention to himself - a good 10 feet of space surrounds the tengu as he struts around the square.

Wolfgang is the first to notice a woman approach Cimri as she leans on the fence trying not to laugh at the townsfolk avoiding Nomed. There is a slight family resemblance between the two women, though the stranger is older.

"Cimri! How's my favorite niece doing?"


Cimri Staelish

"I was just dandy, Aunt Rhona," Cimri replies without looking up.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

"Some shady folks you've been hanging around with lately," Rhona continues. "Want to introduce me to your friends?"


Cimri Staelish

"Not particularly."

Sense Motive DC 14:
Rhona is asking rather pointed and leading questions of her niece.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Strange place to catch up with family. Not my place to interfere.

Sicaria nontheless listens to the women's conversation, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Nomed, even while putting on the performance of a lifetime, overhears
the conversation going on between Cimri and her Aunt Rhona. The eavesdropping quite easy, not being surrounded by the commotion of the crowd and all...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

If there was tension or venom in either of the women's words to each other, the drama sails completely over the tengus head. Who is back to strutting around the square, displaying his bravado and keeping a watchful eye on Cimri


| HP: 9/9 | AC 12 (T12, FF 11) | CMB: -2 CMD: 9 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +0, Social +4 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Blood is Life: 7/7 | Eternal Hope: 1/1, Erratic Malefactor: 1/1 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prrestidigitation: 1/1, Speak w/ Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Auww, that's not very nice." Eradessa replies with a smile as the people move away from her. "What foul manners. I thought you Iomedeans were supposed to be nice. Sheesh."

Eradessa continues to kill the growing crowds with kindness and a chipper, can-do attitude, growing more amused every time she's rebuffed.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

"Shady?" Eradessa replies with a gasp, apparently taking this as a grave insult. "You need to get your eyes checked, dear. I'm practically scintillating." Apparently, she's more concerned about potential grey hairs than she is about her reputation as a troublemaker....

With a toss of her beautiful rainbow-colored -- and definitely not fading -- locks, she saunters off to go 'greet' some more bystanders.


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Cimri has a family? Here? That's going to be awkward when this turns ugly.

Wolfgang tries to keep an eye on Cimri, another on the crowd, one hand on his sap, the other hand free, and his tail curled around his backpack to discourage prying fingers.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

"So, you're here for Sword Knight Allamar's sermon?" Rhona continues. "I didn't think you were the religious sort."

151 to 200 of 333 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Hawthwile's Hell's Vengeance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.