GM Hawthwile's Hell's Vengeance

Game Master Hawthwile

Maps | Loot


101 to 150 of 333 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria smirks as she gets to her feet.

”Well, you know what they say about assumptions; just making sure we’re on the same page.”

Sicaria picks up one of her sabres as she stares intently at the window of the office.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

Vigo's breathing becomes steady, but the half-elf's eyes don't open as Cimri comes to investigate.

Stabilization:
Cyan, Demoraziled vs DC 16: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 2 = 19

Round 8! Bold may act!
Vigo (-10, Unconscious, Sickened 7/??, Deafened)
Sicaria (-6, Sickened 7/??)
Nomed (Deafened)
Wolfgang (-3, Sickened 7/??)
Cimri
Green (-2)

Environmental Effects:
- Yard is dimly lit except within 20 ft of office
- Office door is locked shut

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria smirks. She takes her hand, guarded by the hilt of her sword, and swings it right at the window to the office!

Vs AC 5: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 2 = 8

Well, with glass having a Hardness of 1 and 1 hp/inch of thickness, those rolls were just plain unnecessary. Can’t crit objects, though :(

Sicaria picks up her other sabre and steps over, her back to the wall as she tries to catch her breath.

”Hey tiefling! Here’s your opening!”

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Move Action: Move 15ft
Standard Action: None

Nomed moves up to Sicaria, his breathing still harsh and labored. The large tengu moves to the other side of the window, keeping an eye out for any random crossbow shots trying to snipe his new companions or any hidden threats still lingering

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

The tiefling looks at the lockpicks in his hand for a moment, sighs, and puts them back in his pack.

"Yes, nice work, Sicaria. And you think I should go in first because, now that you have shattered the glass, it's important that we enter stealthily?" He shakes his head. "No subtlety. Just wait a moment."

He walks over to the nearest of the two unconscious s%*~-sweepers and reaches down to grab them by the ankles, clearly intending to drag the body back to the window.

”A little help?”


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

Cimri forces the now-awake Vigo back into a sitting position, exasperatedly trying to pantomime that he should not stress himself for a little while as the magic does its work. Nomed doesn't hear anything inside the office (or outside, for that matter), nor does he spot anything dangerous.

Round 9! Bold may act!
Vigo (-9, Unconscious, Sickened 8/??, Deafened)
[b]Sicaria
(-6, Sickened 8/??)
Nomed (Deafened)
Wolfgang (-3, Sickened 8/??)
Cimri
Green (-2)

Environmental Effects:
- Yard is dimly lit except within 20 ft of office
- Office door is locked shut
- Window is broken

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Gonna be making a lot of assumptions here:

Sense Motive for Roleplay purposes: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 1 - 2 = 9

Sicaria rolls her eyes. ”Whatever. Nomed, either help him with whatever or watch my back.”

Sicaria gets a running start and tries to leap through the window!

Acrobatics check (if needed): 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 2 = 14

Assuming she makes it in and the crossbow-guy is where the green circle is (which makes me wonder why the GM said that Nomed didn’t see anything): Sicaria gracefully leaps through the window and slices at the man next to the door!

Vs Green: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 2 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 2 = 4


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang starts to say something as Sicaria readies herself to jump, but she moves too quickly and has leapt through before he can speak. The tiefling lets the unconscious woman's legs fall to the ground with an undignified splat.

Turning to Cimri, he says, "For the purpose of your post-operation debriefing, I was planning to drag this ... person over to the window and push her body through first, triggering any traps or readied attacks this Jabral may have prepared. I suppose Sicaria can serve as a pincushion just as well."

Just got home from work - I'll post Wolfgang's actual actions in about an hour.

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

I think the idea was for the s+#+ farmers to be our human shields... Nomed thinks to himself as he watches Sicaria attempt to leap through the broken window. Sighing to himself the tengu shakes off his exhaustion and also attempts to climb inside the window after her

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang walks back to the window, unhurried, and draws his rapier.

He cocks his head to one side, listening and looking into the window for any hint of what's happening inside.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

Transparent green circle was where you last saw him, which was when he shut the door on Nomed.

As Sicaria crashes through the glass, a sharp twang echoes off the walls of the small, rustic office...

Green Heavy Crossbow, PBS vs Sicaria AC 16: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Piercing damage, PBS: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

...and as Nomed climbs through after her, he sees Jabral standing against the wall and Sicaria on the floor unmoving and bleeding. "That's what happens to intruders! Now get outta here!" the man yells at the tengu and shaking his crossbow angrily.

So readied actions are tricky with block initiative. The simplest way would be to have the opponent's attack go off, then "immediately" act again. I don't think that is very fair or very fun. My alternative is for a readied action to "split" a block of initiatives - anyone who posted before whatever triggered the readied action goes before the opponent, and everyone else goes after. Let me know if you have other ideas!

Cimri swears under her breath as she hears the yelling. "Alright windbag, change of plans. Up you go." She hauls the half-elf to his feet and drags him over to the window. "Help me get him in there - little coward is wearing so much metal he'd sink like a stone if we tossed him in a river, but he can still be useful for something," she tells Wolfgang.

Inside, Jabral steps away hurriedly from Nomed and slides another bolt into his crossbow. Raising it, he pulls the trigger...

Heavy Crossbow, PBS vs Nomed AC 17: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Piercing damage, PBS: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Honestly.

...and replaces several of the tengu's chest feathers with a sharp piece of wood.

Round 10! Bold may act!
Green (-2)
Vigo (-9, Sickened 8/??, Deafened)
Sicaria (-14, Unconscious, Bleeding out, Sickened 8/??)
Nomed (-9, Deafened)
Wolfgang (-3, Sickened 8/??)
Cimri

Environmental Effects:
- Yard is dimly lit except within 20 ft of office
- Office door is locked shut
- Window is broken

What do you do?

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Move Action: 5ft adjust
Full Action: Attack w/ Claw, Claw, Bite

Nomed reels as the crossbow bolt launches into his chest, and spots Sicaria on the floor unconcious. Hissing a challenge to Jabral, Nomed steps up to the man and unleashes sweet, sweet revenge in the form of talon and beak!

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Claw: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Nomed will hold off on any additional attacks if Jabral is downed


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang mutters something under his breath and climbs through the window.

Climb, sickened: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 2 = 8


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

Botting Sicaria's Stabilization check

Sicaria Stabilize, Sickened vs DC 15: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 - 2 = 11

"Fine, make me do all the heavy lifting around here," Cimri mutters loudly as she pushes Vigo up to the windowsill. Spotting Sicaria on the floor, the half-elf reaches out and touches her with a glowing hand.

Deafened failure chance, 1 = Failure: 1d5 ⇒ 4
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

While the spell isn't enough to revive the assassin, it's at least enough to stabilize her. Nomed pecks and claws at the tanner, but only his beak tastes blood. Swearing, Jabral steps back, slides a bolt into place, and raises his crossbow once more...

Green Heavy Crossbow, PBS vs Nomed AC 17: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
Piercing damage, PBS: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

...but the shot goes wide.

Round 11! Bold may act!
Green (-6)
Vigo (-8, Sickened 9/??, Deafened)
Sicaria (-12, Unconscious, Stable, Sickened 9/??)
Nomed (-9, Deafened)
Wolfgang (-3, Sickened 9/??)
Cimri

Environmental Effects:
- Yard is dimly lit except within 20 ft of office
- Office door is locked shut
- Window is broken

What do you do?

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Move action: 5ft adjust
Full action: Bite, claw, claw

Nomed moves up, the taste of blood driving him on, and viciously attacks Jabral again!

Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Nomed only attacks until Jabral is downed


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria lies on the ground with a crossbow bolt still stuck in her side.


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang glances at Cimri, remembering her warning against killing any of the people they find here. He pulls out his sap and steps over Sicaria's body to stand next to Nomed. Glad the big bird is here. He stayed on his feet, and those claws of his!

Facing Jabral, the tiefling says, "Drop the crossbow, or we drop you."


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

Nomed's claws cut through the tanner's thick leather apron, but his beak only catches a few strands of hair from the man's ponytail. Vigo once again touches Sicaria with a glowing hand...

Spell Failure Chance (1 = Failure): 1d5 ⇒ 3
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

...bringing the assassin back to consciousness.

Surrounded and pressed into a corner, Jabal spits. "Good fer nothing bandits, you'll get what's coming to you!" He slides open the bolt holding the door behind him shut and swings it open - only to reveal a mud-covered Cimri on the other side.


Cimri Staelish

"Miss me?" Cimri snarls as she swings her sap...

Sap: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Nonlethal Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Crit damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

...and catches the man upside the jaw. He crumples to the ground in a heap, his deadly crossbow clattering on the floor next to him.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

Out of Combat! Damage Report:
- Vigo (-7, Deafened)
- Sicaria (-3)
- Nomed (-9, Deafened)
- Wolfgang (-3)

"Right, there's half the job," Cimri explains as she wipes a splotch of mud suspiciously shaped like Vigo's boot off her face. "Now we find the lockbox and scat before someone from town gets suspicious. Though I reckon some of these trinkets could fetch a pretty penny..." She eyes a pair of leather tapestries on the wall.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria sits upright as she rubs a massive bump on her head from the fall after being shot while jumping through a window. As she brings her hand down she finds it coated in blood as crimson as her hair.

”A moment.”

The woman climbs to her feet and moves past Cimri out of the office. When she returns she holds her cold iron dagger in one hand—her silver one sheathed—as she kneels down and crudely cuts off a strip of the crossbowman’s apron that she then uses to wipe the blood off of her head and scalp. To any odd glances she just shrugs as she stuffs the bloodied strip into her pocket.

”Just because I wear red doesn’t mean I want my clothes stained.”

The woman reaches down and picks up her swords that she then sheathes, conspicuously “hiding” them beneath her large cloak.

”Lockbox, eh? Lockbox...Lockbox...

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Are we no longer sickened? Wonderful!

Wolfgang begins tossing the place, looking for the lockbox. No reason to be subtle, not with a trail of unconscious people and dead dogs leading straight to this room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Responding to Sicaria, he says, "If you're worried about stains, given your color scheme, I'd be less concerned about the red ones and more concerned about the brown ones. Blood isn't the worst thing you can get on your clothes in a s~@@ fight."

Not finding anything right away (I assume), Wolfgang keeps looking.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

If Sicaria doesn’t find it with her roll, Wolfgang with methodically go over every inch of the office, taking 20 for a 27.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed watches and Sicaria and Wolfgang tear apart the tannery office. He unceremoniously begins breaking the tail of the crossbow bolt off with a heavy SNAP, tearing the head of the bolt out of his chest. Dropping the projectile to the floor, Nomed begins pilfering the tapestries on the wall at Cimris behest, eager to make a quick payday...

Appraisal: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

...but Nomed is unsure what he is looking at, and just begins grabbing anything off the wall he thinks maybe of value


Cimri Staelish

Sicaria and Wolfgang quickly locate the lockbox in one of the desk drawers as Nomed and Cimri take down the tapestries and roll them up. Cimri also directs the tengu to grab a pair of antique bone tanning tools bearing the initials "L. T." as she joins the other miscreants. "Excellent work - now to pop it open!"

What do you do?


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

"Here, let me take a look at it."

Wolfgang carefully inspects the lockbox for traps before picking the lock.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Assuming there are no traps, he pulls out his tools and tries to pick the lock.

Disable Device, take 10: 10 + 11 = 21

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed grabs the antique tanning tools and adds them to the pile of loot him and Cimri are pilfering, and as Wolfgang begins displaying his artisan like talent with a lock pick, Nomed slowly walks his away over to the door. Trusting the team to carry out what they do best, Nomed stands guard outside, ready to alert the group in a moments notice should other company arrive.

That was a close one, it's been some time since since the eye has been opened. Yes, yes, quite some time indeed... the tengu reflects as he walks outside


Cimri Staelish

Wolfgang teases open the lockbox, revealing numerous small leather purses - each branded prominently with the initials "L. T." From their weight, they contain silver pieces in various increments.

"Nice!" Cimri says as she watches over the tiefling's shoulder. "Now, grab those and let's move. Maybe easier to just take the whole box. I also saw some crates by the entrance we can pick through on our way out, but we don't want to be here when someone else shows up." She doesn't offer to help carry the heavy metal lockbox, too busy shooing Vigo outside and yelling fruitlessly at Nomed before hanging her head and sighing in defeat.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

"Perhaps a bunch of jingling coins will be detrimental to Mr. Subtlety." Sicaria says as she assists the tiefling with the lockbox.

"Cimri, what of the other building?"

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed has no idea what Cimri is saying, the ringing in his ears from the thunderstone still driving him mad. He tries to read her lips, but eventually gets the hint as she points out some crates stacked over by the farmers gong cart. Nomed makes his way over and pops the top to the crates, searching eagerly within...

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 if needed to open crates.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 to search the crates for loot or danger. Supplement with carrion sense ability to sniff out anything possibly dead or dying within.


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A
Sicaria Rubei wrote:

"Perhaps a bunch of jingling coins will be detrimental to Mr. Subtlety." Sicaria says as she assists the tiefling with the lockbox.

"Cimri, what of the other building?"

Wolfgang nods. "Good question. Should we check it out, or is that beyond the scope of this job? We'd probably do better to make a quick getaway if we don't need to go inside, but I don't want to miss something our employer expects us to find or do."


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

"Fine, fine, go take a look - just don't take too long." Cimri heads off to give Nomed a hand, hauling the still-deafened Vigo along with her.

Inside the workhouse, Wolfgang and Sicaria find a sizable, airy structure with open doorways and ample ventilation. Tools hang in organized rows upon the walls, most notably arrays of wide knives like miniature crosscut saws. Several inclined tanner's beams create small workstations about the space, along with vats, drying racks, and numerous crates and bins.

At the loading dock, Nomed finds one crate branded with the words "Remesiana Constabulary". Inside are nine suits of studded leather armor, one of which is particularly well-made. The other crates and boxes on the platform contain only messy, unprocessed animal skins.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria quickly looks over the warehouse for anything of note or value before leaving with anything valuable in tow.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Appraise (if needed): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang quickly looks around the workhouse for anything of interest.

Perception: 10 + 7 = 17

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed quickly scoops up the suits of armor from the crate. Noting the one of seemingly higher quality, Nomed packs it over his shoulder and gets giddy with excitement to present it to Sicaria.

This should surely surely impress her!

The tengu thinks as he walks off, armor in tow, to present Sicaria with her new gift!


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria arrives to the dock hopefully with some more valuables and raises an eyebrow at Nomed. She pulls down the scarf over her mouth and smirks at the tengu's find.

"Well, well, well. Been holding out on the Abadarans, haven't ya, Mr. Louslik?"

The woman slings the studded leather over one shoulder, intending to change out when she has a bit more privacy.

"So, Cimri, where do we go from here?"


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

As Sicaria heads back out into the yard, Wolfgang notices several well-made tools scattered around the workhouse, as well as freshly-tanned leather that would have to be worth something. It would take a bit of time to collect everything, and the tiefling glances over his shoulder to the platform where Cimri stands, arms crossed and foot tapping impatiently.

What do you do?


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang shakes his head, grabs the vest, and hustles back into the yard.

"I left the tools. I figured they can't pay their ... taxes if they can't do their jobs. Back out the way we came in, or through the front gate?"


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

@Wolfgang: I ask the GM that already; we've already left the tannery and are currently at the docks.

Sicaria places her hand on her chin in thought.

"Probably wise. We were hired to send a message, not to financially the economy. We don't want those coin-counting Golden Keys hounding us."


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

@Sicaria - I'm not sure what you mean, but I believe we are still in the tannery yards where we had the fight with the gong farmers and dogs. The only dock I saw the GM refer to was the loading dock at the warehouse, is that what you mean?


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

Sorry for the confusion, folks. The dock in question is the loading dock at the tannery.

Also, Wolfgang, what is this "vest" you speak of?


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

I’m not sure why, but my brain filled in the word “vest” after “freshly-tanned leather” and before “that would have to be worth something”. He grabs the freshly tanned leather.


Cimri Staelish

No worries!

Cimri watches in horror as Wolfgang staggers to the loading dock under the weight of 200 lbs of freshly tanned leather. "Wolfgang, what in the Nine Hells are you thinking!?" she yells before studying the skins again with a calculating eye. Grabbing Nomed by the shoulders, she gently shoves the tengu towards the tiefling. "Give him some of those to carry - I'd rather leave the stink of this place behind sooner rather than later." Shoving sets of leather armor in her pack, she glares at Vigo's already-overburdened bag. With a wave, she leads the miscreants behind the loading dock to where a ladder and knotted rope hang over the wall, and beyond it the safety of darkness.

------------------------------------------------

"Now," Cimri says as she sets down her pack for a moment's rest at the side of the road, "all this is gravy. We still gotta get paid, which means we go to the Ash House. We can sort the rest out there once the gold's in our hands." She points down the road to an ancient manor. As the group approaches, they see that what remains of the house looks like it could collapse at any moment. Bearing the scars of a decades-old fire, the house is blackened and sags under the weight of its collapsed third floor. Shattered windows pose no barrier to the riot of ivy scaling each gable and invading every cavity. Bent pillars and a cracked granite porch lead to a warped door bearing a rusty doorknocker shaped like a boar's head.

"That ol' door's stuck tighter than a miser's purse," Cimri comments, wrinkling her nose. "Here, this way's quicker." She clambers up the ivy and through a broken window further down the porch.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Curiosity lines Sicaria’s face as she looks on at the abandoned structure of the Ash House.

”So our dear employer resides here? That’s...”

The woman tries to think of how to phrase her thoughts on the juxtaposition of the situation, but ultimately just ends the sentence there. Sicaria watches as Cimri climbs up and through the window and follows suit.

Climb check (if needed): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed listens as Sicaria's voice trails off, her thought lost in the wind as she attempts to scale the porch. Sighing and hoping he can also follow suit, the heavy tengu sinks talon into stone and braces to climb up the ivy as well

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male daemon-spawn tiefling unch. rogue (eldritch scoundrel) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 (Resist 5 fire, cold, electric) | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 (darkvision, trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30 | mwk rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20), shortbow +4 (1d6/×3) | Spells: 1st Mage Armor, Vanish, 0, detect magic, ray of frost, read magic |*Active: N/A

Wolfgang sighs and shoves his heavy bundle of tanned skins through the broken window, then climbs up the ivy himself to follow his teammates.

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Probably not?


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

On the other side of the broken window, pieces of battered furniture lie amid the choking scent of dust and ashes. Beneath a mantle crowded with empty whiskey bottles, the fireplace shows evidence of recent use. The scorched, broken visages of curious cherubs leer from atop archways leading deeper into the house.

"This way," Cimri says as she heads up the broken staircase. On the second story, she taps in a strange pattern on the only door still in working condition before entering.

Toppled bookshelves, a table, and some chairs half-covered in ivy suggest this room was once a library. The ashes and pulp of burned, waterlogged books lay heaped amid fallen furniture, creating a large nest of sorts against one wall. A set of folding paper screens divides the room. A lantern flickers on the opposite side, projecting the silhouette of a desk and high-backed chair upon the thin paper. Of more immediate interest, however, is the large panther-like creature dozing in a nest of book pulp. As the miscreants enter the room, it raises its head and watches them suspiciously.

Knowledge (nature) DC 11:
This is a krenshar, a ferocious creature that stalks its prey before scaring its victims to death by peeling the skin and flesh back from its face to reveal the skull underneath.

The flickering lantern light draws attention back to the desk, slowly growing in intensity to cast the stark silhouette of a bald figure seated at the desk upon the paper dividers. After a moment of slow shuffling, a high-pitched voice (sounding either very young or very old) wheezes, "Cimri. Is it done?"


Cimri Staelish

"It is," Cimri answers. Taking the lockbox from Nomed, she sets it on a table next to the screens. "There were a few... mishaps, shall we say, but only a few mangy dogs died. Nomed is a very handy man to have around - he can take a crossbow bolt better than any of the rest of them."


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance | Debt to the Quah | Beyond the Halflight Path

"Excellent," the wheezing voice replies. "You've done well, Cimri, and your associates sound like individuals of rare potential. You'll all find your payment waiting in the parlor below, along with a gift for each of you. Go, enjoy, celebrate. You deserve a reward for your impressive work. We'll talk more in the near future."

Cimri nods appreciatively. "A pleasure doing business with you as always," she says as she turns to leave the room.

What do you do?


Female LE Human (Chelaxian) Warpriest (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) of Achaekek/1 | HP 8/9 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Blessings: 3/3 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sicaria eyes the feline creature nervously as she half-listens to Cimri’s exchange with the shadowy figure. Before she’s even realized it, Cimri has turned to exit the room. Sicaria silently bows toward the paper divider as she follows Cimri’s lead.

The fiery-haired woman has long since learned to keep her curiosity in check—asking the wrong question at the wrong time can get a person killed, after all. But even with her training drilled into her mind there was still something that bothered her, even if she did not voice it:

Why did Cimri give him the lockbox?

She brushes off the thought as she follows behind Cimri.

Dark Archive

Male NE Tengu Bloodrager (Urban) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Wis: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, Sense Motive: +2, Lowlight Vision | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: Bloodrage 6/6 Rounds

Nomed beams proudly at Cimri's compliment, the tengu sticking out his wounded chest in pride. Noting the strange creature lounging about, his curiosity pinged, he stares perhaps a second too long at the exotic animal, careful to avoid direct eye contact. Following behind Cimri and Sicaria with his head held a litte higher, the tengu marches with his new companions to celebrate there first successful mission, eager to get to the parlor for there payment!

Cimri never never dissappoints, working with her has proved beneficial indeed

101 to 150 of 333 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Hawthwile's Hell's Vengeance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.