Sigil; A Broken City of Doors (Inactive)

Game Master Green Smashomancer

Gateways into and leading out of the City of Doors are vanishing, along with the source in some cases. Even with her might, the Lady of Pain herself cannot locate the source of this pandemic. In the interest of pre-empting this from growing into a catastrophe, the party has been selected as a chosen few from across the planes to investigate.

Hexagonal Quarter


301 to 332 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 28/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 3/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

Telin grunts with pain as the electric blade strikes him. Then with an scathing stare he speaks in Elevn.

Elven:
"Wrong answer."

Attack Flurry 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
I assume that hits
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 (Non-lethal)
Free Action Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Swift action Slumber Hex (DC15 or fall asleep) if he is intimidated, if not then
Evil eye hex for -2 AC (DC15 to reduce duration from 7 rounds to 1)
Attack Flurry 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 (Non-lethal)

Telin lashes out with his gauntleted hand punching at the drow with speed.

Edit:JK ignore the slumber hex, Telin realizes that the drow will be immune to sleep effects and so just uses evil eye.


Male Bloodrager Level 5| HP: 28/35 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 18 / Resist: 5 Elec,| Fort: +6, Ref: +4, Will: +2|, CMD:19 | Init: +3, Perception: +8 Purple scaled Kobold

Ya know what... Screw it Tak Puts his Ax at the ready and goes to attack the archer on the roof

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Bloodrager Level 5| HP: 28/35 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 18 / Resist: 5 Elec,| Fort: +6, Ref: +4, Will: +2|, CMD:19 | Init: +3, Perception: +8 Purple scaled Kobold

Re read things, Tak will unfurl his usually hidden gliding wings and attempt the dc 15 fly check to fall from the building edge and Axe the soldier a question

Fly: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11
acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Gilly gives himself just a few more seconds of time with his skull buddy.

Sleep converse:
”Ya see soon!” Susan fades as Gilly finds himself in a modern living room watching T.V.

Tak jumps after the soldier not to let his quarry escape. His axe lands on the outworlders back as he makes contact with the ground, causing both combatants to crumple to the ground.

Falling damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 Tak takes 7 damage in crunching noises. His target on the other hand is dead outright from the same damage coupled with Taks attack.

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Telin’s fist connects with his drow adversary, and his ill omen once again courses through it’s target. The good news is that this seems to make him change his mind about targeting Gilly. The bad news is that his attention seems fully focused on Telin now. He leans back producing and dragging his blade up across Telin in a whipping motion and propels himself backProvoking an Attack of Opportunity to move 60 ft back.

Lightning: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 4d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 2) + 5 = 21 Targeting touch AC, 21 damage.

Suddenly bolts of red light begin to burst from the roiling clouds of smoke. They fire off erratically, not appearing to target anything in particular, like a first year student casting Magic Missile.

Elven:
”What is this? What kind of weapon did you bring?”

==================================================
Round Four

Stormruler Went

Eleven

Outworld Archers

Tak/Gilly Keep in mind Tak is prone.

Telin
==================================================


CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP 46/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions:
Usable/day:
Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

Chaos is happening: 1d11 ⇒ 2
Chaos is happening: 1d27 ⇒ 22

What Gilly sees:
<Candice> and <Grant> try very hard to have a controversial segment air on <the all seeing eye> after a viewer sent a letter of disapproval to every board member of the network and the show's sponsors.

Gilly tries in vain to dig out the remote control from out of the reclining chair he's managed to wedge himself into. But he finds that his hands have turned into human shaped feet. He screams.


Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 28/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 3/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

After nearly being knocked to the ground Telin sees an opportunity to slip a punch in as the Drow moves to escape and throw a solid straight.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

If eleven has made it to Gilly Geitmenn

Elevel slides to Gilly's side and stops. Her hand rests on his skin. 1000s of Nanite Alchemy in her body migrate to his and start to undo the damage to his flesh.

Cure Light Wounds, 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Hit Points to Gilly

She slaps his face.

"Wake up Gilly, its getting interesting"


Male Bloodrager Level 5| HP: 28/35 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 18 / Resist: 5 Elec,| Fort: +6, Ref: +4, Will: +2|, CMD:19 | Init: +3, Perception: +8 Purple scaled Kobold

Tak uses his axe to prop himself up, and goes into a Controlled bloodrage, as he does he let out a scream as his muscles pulse and grow as do his Draconic features. He moves to the next Target Axe drawn, fully intending to kill


Gilly is slapped to gain 7 HP for a total of 5.


CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP 46/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions:
Usable/day:
Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

Gilly wakes with a start, "Resistance is futile!" Gilly stands up but still hides behind his shield.

AC 25, touch 19, deflect arrows still active.


Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

Next round

Eleven nods at Gilly,
"Good to see you back, now just hold there so I have some cover."

From behind him she pulls her two Revolvers and takes aim the closes Drow as shown on map and lets it have it with both guns.


RH-MW Revolvers* RTA TH1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 24
DMG2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 + 2 = 10 + Studied Combat (Ex) [+2DMG]
LH-MW Revolvers* RTA TH1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 23
DMG2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 1 = 10


Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 28/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 3/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

I was waiting to see what the archers did, but I guess I should just go.

Telin nursing his scorched body flys down behind the building taking cover. He also spends a moment trying to recall what his tutor had taught him about fighting drow.

Martial flexibility,l to gain dedicated adversary (Elf)


Eleven heals Gilly enough for him to regain consciousness. A shame, he was having such a nice conversation with deaths door.

Tak And Gilly both rise. Gilly takes a defensive stance with his injuries, while Tak lunges towards the retreating soldiers.

For their part, they both attempt to enter the next building (Building now labelled on the map as 3), and continue taking actions to put space between them and their enemies. Currently mostly being the kobold that menaces them. The archer in front of Tak provokes an attack of opportunity if he’d like. They slam the door shut as the last archer enters the door.

Telin appropriately senses danger and chooses to reposition himself out of harms way. I see I’m not the only one familiar with dedicated adversary.

The drow who calls himself Stormruler also seems to see the tide turning. He raises his uncloaked arm and a wave of air pulses from him, shooting straight for Tak!
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Burst damage: 4d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 2) + 11 = 28

The kobolds comparatively brief life flashes before his eyes as a devastating concussive force erupts at his feet.

The drow seems to be looking to retreat from combat as well at the sight of the rising Bariaur and the approaching gun-droid. He only has to see the source of the red bolts in the smoke to make his decision. They’re now joined by a fiery green series of bolts as a familiar armored draegloth steps onto the burning wreckage in the quarter from the same direction Devic and Magni were. As well as the direction the other soldier seemed to retreat towards. Maniacal cackling can just barely be heard under the sounds of the small gun she holds next to her shield and the much larger multi-barreled weapon help in her other two arms. The weapons she was “given” by the other two allies the party has at the moment. Relevant soundtrack. The smaller gun is wildly off the mark. Like it’s not even close, but she still hasn’t let go of the trigger. It’s unclear who it’s actually aimed at, but the other one seems pointed at the drow.
Sheila’s initiative: 2d20 + 6 ⇒ (1, 8) + 6 = 15

The voltaic knight quickly realizes this draegloth is not on his side either, and dives behind building 3 for cover himself. It’s hard to tell exactly where he is at the moment.
=================================
Round 5

Voltaic Knight Stormruler Went. Location unknown.

Eleven

Sheila

Gilly/Tak

Telin

The party seem to be the only ones on the board at the moment.
=================================


Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

Ok no one to shoot so...

Eleven nods at Gilly,
"Good to see you back, now just hold there so I can heal you some more."

Her hand still on him she heals him again.
QLW 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 HP back.
Then behind him she pulls her two Revolvers and moves to get into the combat.

Need to see what the others do, to know just what that move will be


Male Bloodrager Level 5| HP: 28/35 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 18 / Resist: 5 Elec,| Fort: +6, Ref: +4, Will: +2|, CMD:19 | Init: +3, Perception: +8 Purple scaled Kobold

16 doesn't hit unless it's touch attack, and....Nat one

AOO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Tak Dodges the blast, side stepping and uses the force to propel himself forward at the retreating Archer...only to miss and plant his Axe into the ground. He pries his Axe out of the ground and returns to the group What's the plan?! quickly


Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 28/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 3/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

Telin flies over near Eleven and Gilly and lands looking hard with obvious burns on his arms and face. "Plan? Well, that's Shiela up there, I assume Devic gave her the guns. We should probably ask her what's going on and go from there."

While he speaks he nocks and arrow, ready to shoot the drow if he appears.

Readied action shoot drow of visable


CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP 46/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions:
Usable/day:
Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

Gilly pouts, "But Susan..." Then he stands rigid, "Yes my queen!"


Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

"Teiln thats what we will do then, everyone head to Shiela but try and cover each other, Teiln can you see a safer root there?"

Eleven says to the group.


Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 28/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 3/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

Telin nods and bow at the ready takes flight to search for a safe path for the group.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Telin begins searching for a way to safety. Ever so carefully he looks while Eleven gets gilly in better shape. He sees two things from peeking around the corner. The first is the same as what everybody sees; that Sheila seems intent on continuing to gleefully fire into the windows of the building in a direction that seems like it might have outworlders still.

The second is a glimpse of a blue covered drow rocketing away hundreds of feet from the battlefield. He seems to be heading north, away from the ship in the distance. It looks like a full retreat.


Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 28/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 3/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

Telin approaches Shiela cautiously. "Shiela, we got hurt pretty bad in the fight with a drow with lighting powers. Where's the ship? We need to get out of here."


Female Draegloth Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper/Warsighted) 5

The booming clank of metal from Sheilas weapon slows down with a whir. Her pointed teeth align into a wolfish grin. That part’s new.

”What do you mean ‘where’s the ship’? There are still more of them you know. Do you mean their ship? I like that.”


Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

hefts her Revolvers pointing outwards and follows the root Telin took.

"lets go Gilly"


Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 28/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 3/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

"OUR ship" Telin says exasperatedly. "We need to get David and get out of here!"


Female Draegloth Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper/Warsighted) 5

”I don’t know who David is, do we need him around? Cause I’m hungry and I already brought the food to our food holder.” Sheila steps down from the burning debris towards Telin. She looks at her relatively small ragged bag and places the smaller gun in her mouth while retrieving the wand of cure light wounds, a lifesaver of an invention if ever there was one.

*muffled*”M’mon(C’Mon). Round two (six). Metal box on a metal line(the train the party except for the demon used) is behind me anyway. Need it to get bam(back).” Sheila tries to persuade the other investigators who know not to put a gun in their mouths while she offers applications of the wand.


Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

Elevel comes up, revolvers still out and scans the area while talking.

"So then, did you say we need to get out our ship? In this mess I have no idea how to get to it"

Little lost if she can do this, is the root to Sheila clear?


Yes. I haven't put the token on the map but she is between where I have placed Telin and the blacked out portion of the map.


Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 28/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 3/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

"Gah, Devic, not David. The rat with metal her head. We need to get her and get out of here. Thanks. That was going badly before you got here." Telin says grudgingly.


Male Bloodrager Level 5| HP: 28/35 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 18 / Resist: 5 Elec,| Fort: +6, Ref: +4, Will: +2|, CMD:19 | Init: +3, Perception: +8 Purple scaled Kobold

We Find Devic and get out of here...My question is who is that guy and how is he involved with all this... HE leans on his axe Joining the group as they speak


Female Draegloth Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper/Warsighted) 5

Massive gains for Telin: 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5, 7, 7) + 4 = 27
Massive gains for Gilly: 5d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 8, 8, 1, 8) + 5 = 32
Moderate gains for Tak: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 8, 6) + 3 = 22

The wand has 38 charges left.

”Thanks! So there’s no-one named David to eat? Whatever." "The rat-thing and flesh monster are behind me in a kind of… thataway direction.” Sheila gesticulates past the flames and smoke she emerged from before stomping over the orange-hot debris.


Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 28/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 3/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

"Thank you. Let's go. I'll fly up and scout ahead."

Telin leaps up and begins scanning the area as he head the direction Shiela indicated.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Male Bloodrager Level 5| HP: 28/35 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 18 / Resist: 5 Elec,| Fort: +6, Ref: +4, Will: +2|, CMD:19 | Init: +3, Perception: +8 Purple scaled Kobold

Go ahead, keep your wits about you. We're in a state of threat. just in case we should develop a password system to prevent infiltration.

301 to 332 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sigil; A City of Broken Doors All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.