Sigil; A Broken City of Doors

Game Master Green Smashomancer

Gateways into and leading out of the City of Doors are vanishing, along with the source in some cases. Even with her might, the Lady of Pain herself cannot locate the source of this pandemic. In the interest of pre-empting this from growing into a catastrophe, the party has been selected as a chosen few from across the planes to investigate.

Hexagonal Quarter


1 to 50 of 302 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

If the cosmos is the shape of a wheel, then Sigil is the hub at the center. You stand gathered in the nexus of the multiverse. Multiple Dabus encircle the gathered at a distance. Motionless. Silent. While eerie, they don't make any moves regardless of the parties actions. Not even as much as turning their heads to follow. The personal space they grant can be afforded given the spacious nature of the warehouse these individuals have been gathered in. And quite the group they are, strange even by the standards of Sigil. A modest collection of wildly different chairs from wildly different lands are assembled with a long table in the center.

The draegloth which identified herself as Sheila gathered the same as the rest, sits in the largest seat available, having claimed it quite quickly. Maybe it's simply the only one she'd fit comfortably in, maybe it's because the whole fixture (more of a chaise really) appears to be carved from a single massive bone.

Lets get our headcount before continuing. If you want to re-introduce yourselves for formality or funsies go right ahead. We're picking up after the party took time to introduce themselves, save for those absent of course. The NPC patrons haven't arrived quite yet.


Male Prime Mul, Ogrekin Unchained Barbarian 4

Haile sits quietly in his chair. He is tall for a dwarf but his features hint at that race. He wears a nice breastplate for armor and carries a number of weapons including a large hammer and longspear.

Still need to rebuild Haile as a non-chained barbarian, remove the template, and add a level. Was waiting on a PM response before doing so.


CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP -2/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions: dying (unconscious, helpless), prone
Usable/day:
Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

Gilly sits on the floor quietly working on a basket.


Female looking Android Investigator L1

Eleven sat in a complex seat that seems to have lights in it winking on and off. She sat holding a Basket that Gilly had given her earlier. She was turning it and studying its from.


Male Purple scaled Kobold Bloodrager

Still rebuilding

Tak sat in a small yet wide seat, his Axe positioned so that he could draw at a moments notice


Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

sorry this alt

She pulls a small part and the whole basket seems to fly apart. For a moment she holds still looking shocked at the small bits left in her hand.

"Is it meant to do that?"

I have made her more expressive and interesting as removal of her template took stuff away


CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP -2/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions: dying (unconscious, helpless), prone
Usable/day:
Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

Gilly looks over at Eleven smiling and says, "Idle hands are the Baatezu's plaything."


Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

Telin pulls the basket Fully had given him earlier and inspects it more closely. "Hmmm."


Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

Hi all, just checking to see how we are doing.
We use to be going great guns but now seem to have slowed some what.
Could I ask is this a RL problem or other factors that have made it so?

Sits back and reads her notes


Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
Skills:
Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

I'm good to go...


Male Purple scaled Kobold Bloodrager

Just about ready myself. just need to put it in the bar. Gm is still here, been in games with him for a while now.


Hope everyone had a good easter/average sunday. I think things will keep going strong with some more content to go over.

At once the two dabus nearest the rear of the building separate as if as an indicator of new arrivals. And indeed, three figures walk into the room, the two larger arrivals flanking behind the shortest.

  • The tallest of the three looks like a pale blue-skinned giant woman. A Marid genie. Enwrapped in a bright assembly of ostentatious pastel cloth, wrapped within one-another to give the impression of a many-layered robe. She doesn't appear to be paying much mind to her surroundings, enjoying an undersized bowl of some dessert.

  • In a distant second place in the height competition is what would look like a human in a breastplate of high-quality (If plain compared to his compatriot's outfit), but his feathered wings and slight visible aura betray the appearance of an outsider. An Astral Deva. Rather than a sword sheathed on his back, he carries a large scroll decorated ornately, with a mace at his side. He wears an austere expression on his face, occasionally looking at his third companion.

  • The one in front only looks to be leading the group out of necessity given the width of the doors available. He is a clearly old man, wispy thin white beard and all. Little else of his visage, or even race can be discerned from underneath his deep-gray robes. Though gray, they do seem to have a degree of detail and effort, the front has an additional layer depicting a dragons head in a paler gray, maw agape with multiple tongues exiting the mouth.

    As these three enter from the door, a low hum can be heard from the other side of the dabus circle. Soon a fourth figure emerges from an inky portal, the source of the hum. The placement of it leaves the party encircled once more, this time by an assortment of new faces.

  • Towering over even the Marid, this man of jet black obsidian stands with a powerful build, his upright posture further emphasizes the outsiders stature. A Marut Inevitable. Outfitted in a rune-carved brass mask covering all but his lower jaw and chin, with brass accenting his black clothing further, he gives the impression of a man in a high station. As the other three reach the table, he speaks. Unsurprisingly in a baritone.

    "You who have answered the call. You have been selected to restore order to Sigil. The others and myself speak on behalf of the Lady of Pain on this matter. As you know, the gateways distributed throughout the entirety of Sigil have begun to vanish sporadically."

    Sheila still interrupts this with a flat sounding "No I don't."

    The imposing outsider ignores her. "This is not noteworthy information. On their own, the access points across this city open and close at a given time and place. However, upon attempting to access the corners of the planes that these portals previously connected to, we have discovered that 12 of the 14 gateways now lead nowhere. To all appearances, their worlds have ceased to be. I do not need to explain further why this must not stand." He says this as a self evident statement.

    "To that point, I can access the remaining two portals with force. One to a layer of the Abyss, and one to a layer of Mechanus. I suggest you discuss among yourselves which of the two to search first."


  • Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
    Skills:
    Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

    "Um, is there anyone in their right mind who would chose to go to the Abyss? If we must go somewhere to learn more about all of this Mechanus must surely be the better of the two options. Unless there is some compelling reason otherwise that is."


    Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

    "I am known in Mechanus, and have contacts there."

    She says in her odd auto-tune voice.


    CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP -2/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions: dying (unconscious, helpless), prone
    Usable/day:
    Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

    Gilly happily works on his basket, The whatever-it-was was spouting screed. No one talked to the Lady, not even high-up planars, Gilly suspected whatever-it-was was a Proxy, and Gilly knew how the Lady felt about the Powers. The others weren’t questioning this, clueless berks. Still it would be a fun ride whatever was going to happen.

    Without looking up Gilly cheerily adds, ”Chez Quis or The Pie Hole. On the one hand The Pie Hole is comfortable but,” he says low and conspiratorially, ”people mysteriously die there.” He continues normally, ”One the other Chez Quis is stuffy and rigid but Gilly can cause more trouble, should buy some sausages first.”


    Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
    Skills:
    Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

    "Sausages? What would you do with... no nevermind, I don't want to know. Just grant me a small consideration and warn me beforehand, so I can be far enough away to avoid being implicated."

    So I'm not sure where we stand with the credit we had been extended

    "I think we should purchase some supplies before we leave wherever we decide our journey will begin."


    Male Purple scaled Kobold Bloodrager

    Seems like the consensus is we go to Mechanus then, we shop, prepare and go. What exactly would we be looking for there though?


    CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP -2/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions: dying (unconscious, helpless), prone
    Usable/day:
    Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

    Gilly grins wolfishly as Telin implores to exlude him from Gilly's shenanigans.


    Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
    Skills:
    Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

    When Talin catches sight of Gilly's grin he growns quietly. "To answer your question Tak, I think we will be doing some rather basic investigatory work. The who, what, why etc. of the missing planes. How we will go about that is probably a very good question though. Finding somewhere to start can be difficult. It's not likely that the perpetrators are making it obvious their involvement."


    "Unfortunately, I would agree that the Abyss doesn't sound terribly inviting." The angel speaks as he chooses to stand at the side of a wicker chair.

    "Hmm? Oh of course." For her part, the Marid leans against a heavy well-cushioned, and curved throne. "It's called the Abyss, but I mean, if we thought either place was safe, would we be grabbing outside help to look at it? Nuh-uh. We have things we gotta do on our end, commune with dabus and all that, you know. So, while we do our thing, you do your thing. And now I'm out of yogurt. This day’s getting worse and worse."

    The Deva speaks in protest. "I don't speak for you, but I have no desire to throw mortals in harms way. The fact is that we must have someone search for leads on this matter though. As such-" He turns to the party "We ask for you folks. I feel a proper introduction is in order. I go by the name of Sirata." And turning in kind he gives the names of each of the other entrants to the room.

    First to the marid ”Dancer of the River and Sea, Navra.” She waves off his use of her title in what is clearly a false show of modesty.

    Then to the robed figure ”Esten Lacunacaller...” He trails off with his mouth agape seeing the old man calmly approach the glaring Draegloth.

    ”Hell do you want?” She leans forward from her position before he answers, intoning with a cryptic phrase.

    ”Born from the void and still pristine...”

    Then her demeanor changes entirely, joining the next line with an eerie aptitude.

    ”Tranquil, vast and cold… Well... alright then. I knew I was here for a reason.”

    The deva picks up his words and jaw to continue. ”Now there are two. Wonderful.”

    Sensing his turn approaching, the inevitable speaks again. ”I abhor this need for individual names among you creatures. I am Marut. There is nothing else to say on the matter. You have made your choice to begin. Good. We have transport waiting to bring you five to Mechanus. It is a layer partially suffused with the energies of Arborea. It should prove tolerable for the organic sensibilities." Marut draws a rune in the air, and produces a small (in his hands) bag, placing it on the table.

    "Inside you will find two stones of recall, allowing you to travel more efficiently. You will also find a bill of credit worth 6000 gold pieces on the market. You will return what you do not use, and repay the rest at a later date if you must use it. Do what you must to prepare, then when you are ready, return to this building. The Dabus will guide you to your vessel.”

    Consider everything you purchased in the last run, along with the stones of recall, repurchased, unless you wish to make changes. You have 6000 gold in credit to make use of as a group. I reduced the number given the reduced size of the party. Given that Sparrow originally had the second stone, I suggest deciding who else would possess it as a back-up.


    Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

    Eleven-Zee-Alpha gets up and stands looking over to the inevitable.

    "Eleven-Zee-Alpha is my identifier Marut use it when communicating to me. I am non organic and so Arborea will not effect me as it will the others."

    She picks up the bag and takes the stone of recall out.

    "I shall take charge of this item until no longer needed."

    She turns it in her hand looking at it.

    "Device! tell me you functions."

    She wants a moment, when nothing come out of the item, she looks back to Marut.

    "I see, how quaint,Basic Magic, shame I was expecting something more... advanced".

    She sliped it into her utility bent.

    Then says to Sirata

    "Thank you Sirata, you have been very constructive. We will need that list of missing plans, last points of contact, time and space, reports on your other lines of investigation and attempts to recontact them. The hole file would be good. Then we can research a few things while we travel."


    "Certainly. There will be material aboard your ship. Your contact will be waiting for your arrival at Aetganos. She will be able to provide further details about this disappearance. Be mindful that she's a bit... impersonal." Sirata bows politely before the party takes their leave as Navra mimics his movements behind his back with precision. The human man and Marut nod lightly as the doors shut behind the PC's. And Shiela.

    A while later the party gathers themselves again, and indeed they find Dabus waiting by the doors. Dabus who promptly glide off to attend to other duties when the group opens the door.

    And inside is a large ship. That certainly wasn't there before. The craft doesn't have masts or sails, but takes a similar long and narrow shape to sea-bound vessels. It sits on six needle-thin legs. Marut is present once more, as is Sirata.

    It seems to have replaced the numerous shipping containers and furnishings. Providing finishing check-ups are a team of people shifting as if made of sand as they move. Soon the front of the craft opens. A bridge casts downward to the ground revealing a set of stairs on one end. An arbiter inevitable is situated in place, and offers an exited greeting.

    "Hello travelers! Are you ready to begin your journey set in motion by forces far beyond your comprehension and containing the possibility of death and seizure? Great! Me too!"


    CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP -2/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions: dying (unconscious, helpless), prone
    Usable/day:
    Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

    Gilly approaches the Arbiter while scratching behind his left horn, "Put in the dead-book and seizure in that order? Sounds like fun ride! Maybe should post a sign though..."


    Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

    Gets up and walks into the craft, seeing the arbiter inevitable operator she got it it and hands over a folded note.

    "Forget the contact they set up for us, We don't have time for that level of formality. I need you to take us to theses coordinates in Mechanus. The Lab of Doc Devic Zaitsev. She will be more use than any local guide."

    She then looks for somewhere to sit and waits for the others to get in.

    "Who ever they have set up as a guild, the level of regional politics means they will be working some kind of bigger power play. We just don't have the time to deal with that. But Doc Devic Zaitsev, is a Ratfolk I trust. She's a magi-tech Scientist
    with some pull. If something odd is going on with the planes linked to Mechanus. Her labs going to know about it."

    She thinks a moment
    "A word to the wise, her manner can seem strange."


    The arbiter floats motionlessly in front of Eleven, his pale gold body matches the color of the ship. After a slow blink of his clear blue eye, he responds: "Fantastic! You already know who you're meeting. I was instructed to remain very far away from her! I will be your navigator and pilot on this quest. My designation is Arbiter, but you can call me Beak." The little artificial outsider heads back into the ship after taking Eleven's note.

    At this point Sheila speaks up again. "I hate him already."


    Male Purple scaled Kobold Bloodrager

    this promises to be enjoyable. I'm eager to see the realms of law and order. Tak turns to Sheila, of course you do, most people dislike the restrictions provided by those who establish law and safety. Tak takes to looking around, exploring the ship showing a bit of curiousity befitting a Kobold for once.


    CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP -2/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions: dying (unconscious, helpless), prone
    Usable/day:
    Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

    Gilly gives Tak a thumbs up but says to Beak, "You're the bee's knees for a Modron!"


    CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP -2/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions: dying (unconscious, helpless), prone
    Usable/day:
    Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

    Gilly quickly finds the galley for some bub.


    Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
    Skills:
    Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

    Telin nods and moves to find his room. Once he's settled in there he moves to find some food.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    "He's too... Perky. Why's the robot perky anyway?" Sheila bemoans the new companion as she follows the rest of the party inside.

    The party reaches the threshold of the ship. The inner workings of the vessel are substantial. The paths are wide enough for even Gilly to walk comfortably through. Every surface of the halls is marbled with some combination of a light gray material and something blue, which glows a bright aqua when placed under pressure. The hallways are extensive, but never enough to be confusing. Two on each level. One on the starboard side, the other on the port. There are three levels marked in the ship.

    Where does Tak go first?

  • Master Control. First level

  • Batteries and engineering. Second level

  • Living Quarters. Third level

    The living quarters includes a hallway of twelve rooms situated across from one another. Upon inspection, seven of these rooms are almost entirely filled with boxes. The others are entirely unadorned save for the marbling pattern continued from the halls.

    On the other side of the third level sits the mess hall. A long table is set with four seats, one larger, and a fifth seating that seems to be just padding on the ground, likely for a quadruped. At each seat is a plate with one spoon and a white, unmarked tube of "Nutrients".

    After a moment Sheila enters the mess lured by the scent of delicious, delicious chemicals. "Got a question, why aren't there any windows in this place?"

    Beak answers from out of nowhere "Windows are a structural weakness, Axiomites do not use them."

    "...What."


  • Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

    "The craft has a basic artificial sentience, the blue circuitry in the walls, This has its own Sensors, both internal."
    She points to a lump on he wall.
    "And external, Beak here links to it when incoding navigation computations, is this not correct Beak?"


    Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
    Skills:
    Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

    Telin, when he enters the mess hall, picks up one of the tubes with a dubious look on his face. "Please tell me there is something more than this available for food. I brought some of my own rations, but they won't last long at all if I am to be subjuected to this... dietary regimen."


    CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP -2/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions: dying (unconscious, helpless), prone
    Usable/day:
    Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

    Gilly eyes the tube saying, "To this how's drink bubber a supposed?" He then circles the table once before grabbing it, ripping off the cap, and squeezing the contents as hard as he can into his mouth.


    "In order: Yep!" Beak answers Eleven.

    "Nope!" Then Telin.

    "And I don't know what you said!" To Gilly. The contents of the tube have a shockingly smooth texture, but a bitter aftertaste complementing the plastic-like flavor.

    "These packets contain all the nutrition an average humanoid needs in a day! Mister Geitmenn, I recommend another later today. If you wish, we can try to get inefficient organic materials later when we reach Aetganos! There might be a grocery kiosk near the center we're scheduled to land by."

    Sheila grabs one of the tubes after watching Gilly eat one without issue, slices the cap off, and sniffs it before retching and tossing the paste back on the plate. "Nah, I'll just go ahead and starve. No windows, no food..."

    "Isn't it great?!"

    "No."

    The arbiter leaves the room apparently unperturbed and moves up a level.


    Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

    Eleven takes all the unused tubes and puts them into a pouch. She herself dose not eat one. Then she follows the arbiter.


    Male Purple scaled Kobold Bloodrager

    Tak eats actually rather happily this is the best. You machines really know how to do things


    Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
    Skills:
    Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

    Reaching into the bag at his side, Telin pulls out a small loaf of oat bread, some dried fruit and some nuts. Sitting there he munches sulenly. After a little while he offers some to Shiela "Would you like some?" To the group as a whole he asks, "Show long till we arrive at our destination Would you estimate?"


    Male Purple scaled Kobold Bloodrager

    Tak answers No telling really, the planes are weird with travel. could be minutes, could be days.


    Telin Kingfisher wrote:
    Reaching into the bag at his side, Telin pulls out a small loaf of oat bread, some dried fruit and some nuts. Sitting there he munches sulenly. After a little while he offers some to Shiela "Would you like some?"

    "...Why are you giving me food?" Sheila leans away and questions Telin's motives for his generosity.

    The arbiter goes out and up a ladder to the next floor, then the top. This level is significantly more narrow, lacking separate rooms on the sides of the single centered hallway save for a couple of small storage rooms. A cone rises in the bow, spiraling into a flat surface. The blue patterning coils up to the surface where Beak sets himself.

    "Hello! There are no safety features on this level of the vessel for creatures unable to meld with it. Please exercise caution."


    Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
    Skills:
    Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

    To Sheila Telin says, "even an mon... person such as yourself shouldn't be subjected to this. I sincerely hope we arrive soon so I can purchase some decent food."

    Then he carefully scales the ladder folowing the arbiter.


    Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

    As stated Eleven follows the arbiter while the others offer each other food.
    When she and the arbiter get to the space and is informed of the risk, she looks for a place to brace herself.If she fines one she dose just that.

    As Telin and if others comes up she tells him what the arbiter said about safety, then to the arbiter.

    "You may commence transit"


    "..." Sheila watches as Telin leaves. As he climbs the ladder, he hears a metallic voice call out-

    "We're here!" Beak chirps. All seems quiet...

    I need fortitude saves from everyone.


    Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
    Skills:
    Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

    Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


    Android PI | AC 18, T 14, FF 15 | F +4/R+8/W+7 | HP 38/38 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Condition: None

    As the arbiter starts the transit Eleven watches what he dose and tries to work out how he is operating the craft,

    Rolls:

    Perception
    1d20 + 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (2) + (1) + 12 = 15
    Kn Engineering
    1d20 + 1d6 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (5) + 12 + 2 = 22
    Kn Planes
    1d20 + 1d6 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + (5) + 12 + 2 = 21

    Watching him work she holds on as they are told they have arrived.
    Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

    She then climes down quickly to the exit.

    Acrobatics 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

    At the exit she checks her things, then opens the door to show those outside who she is as she dose she calls out.

    "When your ready head out, Im going now as my contact will know we are here and my not take kindly to it unless she knows its me"


    CN Male Bariaur | Brawler 5 | HP -2/59 | AC 21, Touch 14, FF 17 CMD 24, 28 vs trip, 25 vs grapple | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Speed 40ft | Conditions: dying (unconscious, helpless), prone
    Usable/day:
    Found it! 1/1, Ray of Frost 1/1, Martial Flexibility 3/5, Knockout 1/1

    fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

    "Whooosh," Gilly helpfully adds.

    Smashomancer, feel free to roll our saves for us to help move things along


    Planar(Air)|UnRogue(Sylvan Trickster) 5|HP 22/39|Speed 30, Fly 30 (Average)|AC20:T15:FF16|Saves 6:11:3 +2vsEnchant|CMD 20|Init 4|Per 11 (Lowlight, Const. Detect Magic)|Immune: Sleep|MarFlex 4/4|Conditions: None|
    Skills:
    Acro+11|Apr+8|Blf+3|Clb+0|Diplo+3|DisDiv +11|Disg-2|EscA+8|Fly+11|HndAn-2|Hea+2|Int+12|Kn(Arc)+7|Kn(Dun)+8|Kn(Loc)+8 |Kn(Nat)+8|Kn(Pla)+5|Kn(Rel) +5|Ride+3|SpC+6|SM+5|Sth+8|Surv+1|Swim+4|UMD+12

    I agree with Gilly, after all that's why we put that info in our taglines :)


    Male Purple scaled Kobold Bloodrager

    fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


    Female Draegloth Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper/Warsighted) 5

    "Wha-"
    Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


    Well I'll certainly do that if someone let's me know they'll be away for a while, but as a player I actually prefer keeping the stats there just for a reference. I don't like having my rolls made for me personally (If I'm gonna fail spectacularly, I wanna do it on my own), but it sounds like you guys wouldn't mind? Is that true? I'll go on an individual basis. Another reason is that I occasionally use a roll or two as a role-call to make sure everyone's still there. EDIT: I do not know how this posted early, but I wasn't done at the moment.

    Eleven:
    The strange seat Beak took is almost akin to a nest, and separate from any visible control scheme. As he rests his arms, they seem to meld into the surface beneath him and hum. It appears to Eleven that she was indeed correct about the nature of the ship. It must have some kind of connection to the inevitable pilot, and this would explain the use of an Arbiter among other things. However, the detective would need to get further into the ships circuitry to learn anything of detail at this rate.

    As Beak declares arrival, all seems still. As if the ship hadn't even departed. Moments later the ship reels back violently. The interior shifts and lifts up, turning the floors almost ninety degrees. The blue of the surfaces change to the aqua from before. It's over in a second, yet it feels much longer. The party adjusts to this bizarre form of transport with collective grace. Each of you remain upright by the end of the event with full dignity intact.

    Down the hall and into the bay the party entered, the door lowers once again.

    It opens to a gleaming floor of stone reflecting the setting sun. Around the exiting android are a pair of Modrons standing guard. Each says in a droning tone: "WELCOME TO AETGANOS."

    "Wow! What a go-getter. I wonder how Eleven will get to the contact without directions?"

    The room is supported with corinthian pillars inside, and other smaller ships of a similar design to the one the party arrived in.

    1 to 50 of 302 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sigil; A City of Broken Doors All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.