Outpost II: Dungeon Master S's "Debt to the Quah" [Classic] (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

Handouts | Tactical Map
Scavenger's Stone charges: 27/50

Quickpost:

Initiative:
[dice=Enemy]d20[/dice]
[dice=Alexandre]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Bulgulp]d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Eddard]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Gbagbe]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Victor]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Zyneste]d20+6[/dice]


251 to 293 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Victor nods.

"Of course... We are being punished for being so effective at restoring this place... Entropy requires that we pay, personally, for the debt we have created by restoring so much Order..."

He then strides into the room, firing a potion from a wrist sheath, and downing it in one smooth motion, causing his form to twist and swell to gigantic proportions.

Move to move. Swift to retrieve potion. Standard to drink Potion of Enlarge Person.

Once again, please note that I now have 20' reach.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Victor prepares for combat, bringing forth his strange resources.

Round 1:
Bulgulp: Go
Zyneste: Go
Alexandre: Go

Victor: Buff
Gbagbe: Go
Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

When the lightning dog and the bone creature appear, Gbagbe rolls his eyes, muttering, ”I don’t usually say I told you so, because I rarely remember what I’ve told anyone, but in this case...“ He scrambles away from the new foes, trying to recall if he knows anything about such creatures.

Will take a move action to move one square up and two squares right on the map (can’t move token right now), and make Knowledge checks on both creatures (all Knowledge skills have same bonus). My standard action will depend on what I learn. I’m especially interested to know if either creature is affected by mind-affecting spells.

Knowledge to identify lightning dog: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Knowledge to identify bone warden: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Bulgulp assesses the situation. The lightning dog creature is beyond his ken, but the Bone Warden is a bone golem Two questions

Round 1:
Bulgulp: Go
Zyneste: Go
Alexandre: Go

Victor: Buff
Gbagbe: Standard
Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Questions about the bone golem: defenses/resistances and special attacks. Since I kind of know what I'll get there, I'll take a chance on the other target.

Gbagbe shakes his head in mild irritation, realizing he won't be able to do much to the big, bony creature. Turning his attention to the lightning dog, he sends a trio of force bolts at it!

Cast toppling magic missile at doggo.

SR if needed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Well, I hope it doesn't have SR.

MM damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8
Trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

"Yeah, you did tell us so," Alexandre mutters as he dashes forward, in hopes of putting the bone construct bewteen him and the lightning dog. He continues his motion with a very sloppy stab at the creature, though even he knew it wasn't a good strike immediately.

Move, I shouldn't need to make an Arcobatics check since it hasn't had an action yet.
Attack vs. Bone Golem

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13For: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Gbagbe remembers that in addition to being immune to most magic, golems of this type are resistant to weapons that aren't made of blunt adamantine. The scary part is that they can hurl a part of their bodies forth and encase a target in bone-cages complete with gnashing teeth!

It might have Combat Reflexes... but doesn't. Alexandre has no problems getting into position, but falters on the attack once there.

Meanwhile Gbagbe casts a magic missile, hoping for the best. Not only does it slam into the creature and damage it, but it also knocks it over!

Round 1:
Bulgulp: Go
Zyneste: Go

Alexandre: Move
Victor: Buff
Gbagbe: MM
Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

DM:

Guardian: 8, prone

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

Bulgulp darts forward taking advantage of Gbagbe's quick thinking in knocking the dog down as he slices at it with his Wakizashi, hoping the others can deal with the large bone creature for now.

He focuses his hypnotic stare on the creature as he attacks it

-2 to will saves, spell & SLA DC's & SR

+1 Wakizashi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 vs prone AC
damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2d6 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5, 2) + (2) + 1 = 14

part of the damage is 2d6 sneak attack as the create is flat-footed, if the creature is immune to sneak then adjust accordingly. Additionally, Hypnotic stare and painful stare are both mind-affecting so may not also work.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Bulgulp's stare works well on the prone figure, but he can't connect with the wakazashi If I'm not mistaken, prone doesn't include flat-footed.

Round 1:
Bulgulp: Miss
Zyneste: Go
Alexandre: Move
Victor: Buff
Gbagbe: MM
Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

DM:

Guardian: 8, prone

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

But the lightning dog hasn’t acted yet, so it’s flat-footed regardless of whether it is prone or not, right? Unless it has other abilities, like being as fast as lightning, that keep it from being flat-footed (or flat-pawed, I guess)


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Good catch. I have too many games :-)

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Zyneste joins in the attack, sending a volley of blunt arrows towards the big bone creature, drawing on her reserves of ki to unleash even more shots than normal.

Flurry, Deadly Aim, Improved Precice Shot, PBS, Blunt Arrows. Spend 1 ki for additional attack.
Blunt Arrow 1: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 28 Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 + 1 = 15
Blunt Arrow 2: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 27 Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 + 1 = 14
Blunt Arrow 3: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 23 Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 + 1 = 15
Blunt Arrow 4: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 + 1 = 17


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Zynaste's arrows fly forth. All but the last strike true. The damage is isn't as severe as the archer would have thought, but sees wounds open on the wolf as if the arrows struck it! The warden feels no pain, and carries on.

It retaliates by hurling a cluster of bones at Zyneste AoO from Alexandre Touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22. The bones slam into her chest and immediately twist and unfold to contain her! Within the cage are countless gnashing teeth: Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21, but she manages to twist away.

The wolf simply changes its construction to be standing up. It immediately tries to bite Bulgulp: Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 for DMG: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Round 1:
Bulgulp: Miss
Zyneste: Hits (Grappled)
Alexandre: Move AoO
Victor: Buff
Gbagbe: MM
Enemy: ATK
Eddard: Go

Round 2:
Bulgulp: Go
Zyneste: Go (Grappled)
Alexandre: Go
Victor: Go
Gbagbe: Go

Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

DM:

Guardian: 30, prone
Warden: 22

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Victor calmly casts True Strike.

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Kn check on lightning dog (arcana or local): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
He will share anything he might know.

Eddard flings a green acidic arrow at the bone golem. No SR for acid arrow.
ranged touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
acid: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

i'm assuming the way it changes shape to be standing up avoids AoO's?

As the creature bits into Bulgulp, he jumps 5ft step back and cast ill omen on the creature hoping to delay it from doing more damage.

No save it needs to roll twice and take the lower on its next d20 roll

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Fascinated by the bizarre way that the lightning dog gets upright, Gbagbe says, ”Wow, that was cool! Let’s see that again!“ He sends another brace of force bolts at the creature!

Cast another toppling magic missile at lightning dog.

MM damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8
Trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Eddard's acid arrow strikes true, and some of the bone burns away. The "wolf" also shows signs of acid burn.

Bulgulp manipulates fate against the creature Correct, no AoO. A second later Gbagbe strikes it with another missile that knocks it over. It doesn't seem to have a problem standing up after, but it does slow it down.

Victor winds up with some magical preparation.

Round 2:
Bulgulp: Ill Omen
Zyneste: Go (Grappled)
Alexandre: Go + AoO

Victor: TS
Gbagbe: MM
Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

DM:

Guardian: 40, prone
Warden: 25

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

An opening is an opening, and Alexandre is more the willing to take full advantage of any mistake his foe makes...

AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26For: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

...and continue the strike into further attacks before stepping back behind the column for a minor bit of cover.

Full attack
5-foot back

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17For: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Attack, second strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26For: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Crit confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9For: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Bah.... I need that crit...

Edit:Okay, I haven't used my Re-roll yet, so I'm using it on my Crit confirmation.

Crit confirm(2-star): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26

Yes! I get a panache back, meaning I'm back to full fighting strength ATM


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Alexandre gets the twinkle back in his eye. He tags the golem with a light hit. The next thrust is off target, but then he manages to snap a bone at center mass! The golem does nothing, though the damage is obvious. The wolf creature falters a bit.

Round 2:
Bulgulp: Ill Omen
Zyneste: Go (Grappled)
Alexandre: Crit!
Victor: TS
Gbagbe: MM
Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

DM:

Guardian: 53, prone
Warden: 38

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Zyneste, unable to free both of her hands to draw and fire and bow, instead attempts to release herself from her bone restraints. Trying to calm her mind, she relaxes her body and casts her mind back to when she was a child and got caught in some vines in the forest at the edge of her family's farm.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Zyneste tries to squirm free, but finds the bones too tight!

The guardian throws another cluster of bones out, this time at Alexandre! Touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19. The bones begin to bite! ATK: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19, to no avail. The creature itself then closes some distance towards Victor

It's deja vu in the corner as the wolf creature melts itself back to a standing position. Instead of biting again, it melts itself into a fluid form and moves quickly towards Gbagbe! No AoO for moving

Round 2:
Bulgulp: Ill Omen
Zyneste: Stuck (Grappled)
Alexandre: Crit! (Grappled)
Victor: TS
Gbagbe: MM
Enemy: ATK
Eddard: Go

Round 3:
Bulgulp: Go
Zyneste: Go (Grappled)
Alexandre: Go (Grappled)
Victor: Go
Gbagbe:Go

Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

DM:

Guardian: 53
Warden: 38

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

DM - did we learn anything about the lightning dog from Eddard’s knowledge check above? He got a 23. As always, I’m curious to know if it’s affected by mind-affecting spells.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

@GM: Unless I am missing something, the Bone Golem's movement should provoke...

Victor calmly attempts to smash the Bone Golem to powder as it closes.

+1 Ghost-Touch Fauchard, True Strike, AoO: 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 20 = 40, for 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (3, 7) + 11 = 21 damage.

He then takes another swing!

+1 Ghost-Touch Fauchard: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22, for 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (2, 1) + 11 = 14 damage.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Eddard knows a bit about such guardians, called "graven guardians" by some. The wolf's bite is pure force, and the creature itself has no true form, allowing it to shift and move without leaving an opening.

Victor, seeing his chance, uses the power of his spell to deal a telling blow. He follows it up with another.

When the dust settles, the golem looks heavily damaged and the wolf looks like it's hold on this reality hangs by a thread.

Round 2:
Bulgulp: Ill Omen
Zyneste: Stuck (Grappled)
Alexandre: Crit! (Grappled)
Victor: TS
Gbagbe: MM
Enemy: ATK
Eddard: Go

Round 3:
Bulgulp: Go
Zyneste: Go (Grappled)
Alexandre: Go (Grappled)

Victor: Hits
Gbagbe: Go
Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

DM:

Guardian: 64
Warden: 51

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

round 2 of acid arrow damage on bone golem: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Eddard takes aim at the graven guardian with a scorching ray, hoping to end the threat.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
fire: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 2, 6) = 16

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Gbagbe, still unsure how to hurt the bone golem, focuses his attention - and a bit of alarm - on the lightning dog that has suddenly arrived at his side. He squeezes himself against the wall away from the golem's reach as much as he can, then flings two more bolts of force at the tricksy dog!

Cast magic missile defensively at dog. 4/7 level 1 spells used today.

Concentration to cast defensively, DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Magic missile damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

If that takes the dog out, Gbagbe will 5-foot step into the dog's space.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Eddard's arrow continues to corrode the golem. His scorching ray is almost enough to finally drop the wolf. A split second later Gbagbe finishes it off!

Only the severely injured golem remains!

Round 3:
Bulgulp: Go
Zyneste: Go (Grappled)
Alexandre: Go (Grappled)

Victor: Hits
Gbagbe: MM
Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

DM:

Warden: 55

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

As the guardian dog falls, Gbagbe steps next to it, and can’t help but wonder aloud, ”I just remembered something, why we are here! Does it seem strange to anyone else that we’re here to restore this tomb to its undamaged state, yet we’re trying to destroy the guardians of the tomb?“

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

To be fair, they tried to destroy us first, Eddard reasons.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

Actually, being grappled triggers my lesser talisman of freedom. I have Freedom of Movement for 3 rounds. Would that trigger to negate the grapple, or do Ineed to spend a standard action to free myself?

"Because they're trying to kill us?" Alexandre says with a bit of annoyance.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Freedom of movement means you're out. Go ahead and retcon/act!

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Thinking back on it a bit, and considering Alexandre's retort, Gbagbe continues his musings, "And to be fair, I guess I was the first one to actually hurt either of them in this fight..."

Not meaning to annoy anyone (and hoping the annoyance is just in character), it just occurred to me after the fight started that the Shoanti might get upset with us if we destroy their guardian. We've already finished off one, and I'm not sure we can undo the damage done - though I suppose we could try to zip past the thing and out the door, assuming it doesn't have Combat Reflexes. Or we carry on.

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

We still have the scavenger's stone if we need to fix the golem, I suppose. We likely won't know until we report back to the Shoanti.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

As Alexandre is trying to deal with the whirlwind of grabbing bones, a small clay talisman about his neck crumbles away and the bones no longer get any purchase on him. So, when the golem goes to pass him, he strikes out at the construct.

AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27For: 1d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 6 = 20
Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17For: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

After the golem move forward enough, the noble slips out of the bone cage with ease, and swings around the column to attack the golem from behind, using the heavy hits from Victor to further distract it.

5 foot step
Full attack vs. Golem

Attack(flank): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17For: 1d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 6 = 15

Attack, second strike(flank): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19For: 1d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 6 = 20

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

Bulgulp steps forward 5ft and try's to help Zyneste free her self.

not sure if I can aid with escape artist, I am trained in it and would auto-succeed at an aid but I will also roll a strength check just in case

Aid Str: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Trying to hold back the seeds of frustration that are creeping into her otherwise disciplined mind, Zyneste again tries to release herself from her bonds.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Alexandre's luck holds as he magically finds himself free of the cage, which crumples as soon as it lacks a prisoner. He scores a pair of impressive hits.

I'd let you aid. I picture shouting advice as well as knowing which direction to try and bend the joints in the cage to help. Unfortunately....

Despite best efforts, Bulgulp and Zyneste can't manage to free the archer!

Now, surrounded, the warden lashes out with teeth and fists at those around him:

Bite v. Victor: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 for DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Left Slam v. Bulgulp: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 for DMG: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11
Right Slam v. Eddard: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 for DMG: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9

Round 3:
Bulgulp: Aid
Zyneste: Stuck (Grappled)
Alexandre: Hits
Victor: Hits
Gbagbe: MM
Enemy: ATK
Eddard: Go

Round 4:
Bulgulp: Go
Zyneste: Go (Grappled)
Alexandre: Go
Victor: Go
Gbagbe: Go

Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

DM:

Warden: 85

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Victor accepts the near miss, and takes another swing by way of reply.

+1 Ghost-Touch Fauchard: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26, for 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (2, 7) + 11 = 20 damage.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Enlarge reduces AC, yes? Not that it matters....

Victor's next swing is the final one. He connects with the center and shatters the bone golem!

In a moment all goes silent as the party looks around.

Perception DC 15:

You catch some movement outside. It appears there are some Shoanti waiting on you to judge your success.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29.

Victor shrugs.

"It would appear that the Shoanti are waiting for us outside..."

He then heads out to see whether they intend to fight, or let the party pass.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

As the you emerge to see the sun setting over the Iron Peaks, you encounter a team of Shoanti boneslayers who have arrived to reseal the Muschkal Sepulcher. The boneslayers greet you with indifference. The boneslayers say they will handle the situation from here; they are here to inspect the sepulcher and reseal it, and "it’d be best if you left quickly."

The journey back to the meeting area is uneventful; the river is calm, with the sunlight fading and eventually transitioning to a crisp, clear night. When you reach the Storval Stairs, you find that the council members other than Memory Tender have cleared out, likely returning to their homes. Jia is there waiting for you and casts greater teleport to transport the team back to the Grand Lodge.

Ambrus greets you anxiously, requesting a report on how both the meeting with the council members and the restoration of the sepulcher went. After he hears your report, he thanks you for your efforts and says he will notify you once he hears back from Cousin-to-All.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

A few days later, Ambrus calls upon you once again to meet at the Grand Lodge. He informs you that he has received a delivery from Cousin-to-All as a thanks for your righting of the Lumketul’s wrongs. The contents of the delivery are the combined efforts of the council members who were satisfied with the outcome of this ordeal... As is reflected on the Chronicle

While your fame within the Society grows, your meeting with the other Council Members was only moderately successful. Secondary Success required more yes votes than you earned unfortunately.

Congratulations nonetheless! I'll have the game reported tonight and chronicles by tomorrow!

251 to 293 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost II: Dungeon Master S's "Debt to the Quah" [Classic] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.