Outpost II: Dungeon Master S's "Debt to the Quah" [Classic] (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

Handouts | Tactical Map
Scavenger's Stone charges: 27/50

Quickpost:

Initiative:
[dice=Enemy]d20[/dice]
[dice=Alexandre]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Bulgulp]d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Eddard]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Gbagbe]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Victor]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Zyneste]d20+6[/dice]


201 to 250 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Victor shrugs, and fatalistically moves forward to do the grunt-work...

Strength, Burst of Adrenaline, Crowbar: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 28.

...attempting to lever it up, and back into position, with a defiant roar!

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Gbagbe’s already wide eyes widen further at Victor’s impressive show of strength!

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

Once the sarcophagus is back in place Bulgulp summons a spectral hand (mage hand) to pick up the bones from the pit and return them to their resting place.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

As the others get the sarcophagus back up onto the platform, Alexandre begins to use the Scavager's Stone on it to work on mending it together. "Remember the ring needs to be returned as well," he adds as the coffin knits itself shut.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Victor's incredible strength and leverage is enough to pass the sarcophagus up to the proper level. It doesn't take long for everyone to place the skeleton back. The issue is, the skeleton is also badly damaged. It'll take a fair bit of power from the stone to correct it all.

Execute? Let me know what you're doing to undo the damage done by your erstwhile companion.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Use the stone, and then put the ring back, as well...?

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

So do we know if this will use up the last of the magic in the stone? reading the notes there is a mention of smashed pots as well so we may need to save some magic? ALso there is a mention of a giant bone creature which we haven't seen any signs of, do these bones look larger than a medium humanoid even a shaoanti sized one?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

I've placed a "Charges Tracker" at the top by the quickposts. This is INCLUDES having used it on the things in this room. This should help a bit. The scenario is silent on some aspects of the process, but there's been some forum clarification. Hope that helps!

The party uses the Scavenger's Stone on not only the skeleton, but the sarcophagus itself. Before shutting the lid, you take the time to return the ring.

Again, a feeling of peace and harmony settles on you.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

With a grunt of satisfaction, Victor heads for the next closest door.

Position updated on map.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Map should be updated for the entire party first. Will post ASAP after.

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Moved everyone into the room we just cleared.

Eddard moves up alongside Victor and checks out the door before the half-orc opens it.
Take 10 on Perception for 17, 19 for traps.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

This large, mostly empty room features two statues and an incomplete staircase to the north.

Knowledge (Local) DC 18:

The statues in this room are of two Skoan-Quah boneslayers of ages past

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Take 10 on Kn (local) for 21.

A pair of Skoan-Quah boneslayers of history, Eddard notes as he steps cautiously into the room. Noble profession.

He looks about for anything broken or out of place. If nothing is readily apparent, he'll check out the incomplete stairway before withdrawing to the previous room.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Eddard doesn't find anything near the stairway either. It looks like it's really just preparation for a future expansion that never happened.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Victor looks bored.

"This area appears abandoned. Let's move on."

He then heads for the next door.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

"This should be the room with the pots that we'll have to fix, if I'm reading Simset's notes correctly,"Alexandre says as he skirts the pit now that the party is done with it. "If I'm reading these notes correctly, we should only have two rooms and the 'Labyrinth' remaining to deal with. Onward to reassemble more pottery shards!"

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

Bulgulp follows behind victor doing his best to spot any danger

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Sorry to not keep up with the flurry of posting, I've been on the road.

Once the sarcophagus and skeleton are repaired, Gbagbe sits and savors the feeling of peace and harmony for a long moment. When he opens his eyes, he sees his companions have all moved on! He hurries to catch up with his companions, only to find them returning to the round room - confused, he joins them as they prepare to venture through the next door.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

No worries Gbagbe!

The party opens the door and follows the hallway to the pottery room. Before stopping in, they check the closet area and confirm that it's naught more than that.

Unfortunately, the pottery room looks like it's going to be a lot of work. Pottery shards in a variety of vibrant hues litter the room here. The staircase leading to the east leads to a dead end. Doors exit to north and west.

You can obviously use the Scavenger's Stone to repair the five scattered pots left fragmented around this room. However, the shards are mixed together, and they must be separated correctly for the repair to work! The easiest route is to make an Appraise or Craft/Profession (Pottery) check. If you want to try it by literally holding pieces together and checking for fit, it's a Sleight of Hand check. You won't know if you got it right until you spend a charge of the stone!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Victor concentrates, channeling the entropy of the universe, looking for the fault lines in reality formed by the destruction of the pots, and tries to put them back together.

Using 'Bit of Luck' to roll twice, and take the higher option.

Craft(Pottery): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15.
Craft(Pottery): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Bit of Luck only lasts for 1 round, and it takes longer to do the pots. You can, however, aid each other.

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

With practised precision and patience Bulgulp begins sorting the pieces.

Take 20 for a 34 sleight of hand


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ha! Alrighty then! Bulgulp goes through the first one meticulously. Then he discovers that it's not as hard as he thought, and he switches over to autopilot. Before long he's got five piles of pottery sorted out. Someone want to use the Stone?

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

After the pieces are sorted into piles Bulgulp stands up bowing respectfully to the group and gestering for Gbagbe to use the stone on the piles before moving to the next door.

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Eddard watches in wonder as Bulgulp's hands move in a blur reassembling the pottery. He almost forgets to get the stone from Gbagbe to reconstruct them.

Almost.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Indeed, Bulgulp's work is very good. With 5 charges expended, it appears that all has been made right in this room.

Confident in his work, the ninja is already at the next door by the time the last pot is repaired. 5 charges used. Scavenger's Stone charges: 27/50


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Through the door is a short hallway which leads to an open room. At the center of this room is a pit of flame, suffusing the area with a faint glow. Somehow there is already a sense of peace in this room, though there is also much sadness....

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

Bulgulp stealths forward cautiously.

Stealth: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

Alexandre slips over and retrieves the final item in the bag, the statue of a wolf cub, before stepping into the room. "Silent Footsteps?" he calls out to the room, "Someone committed a wrong to you, and we're here to right that. We have Hunts at Night here," and at this point he extends it toward the center of the room, "Where should we place her?" he asks as he looks for a place to set the statue down.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Diplomacy(If needed): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Bulgulp enters the room like a shadow, but when nothing happens, Alexandre joins him. He looks around and finds something that might be a lead.

At the base of the flame is some writing.* There's a void in the dust in the shape of the horse.

*Shoanti:
“May This Light Illuminate the Forests of the Night.”

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Eddard steps in when nothing eats Bulgulp and Alexandre. He notes the dust shape and moves for a closer look. Take 10 for 17, 19 for traps.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

Horse? The description of the statue in the handout is a wolf cub. Is this intentional, or a typo?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Typo on my part. Good eye though.

Eddard is confident it's safe...

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

I have a bad feeling about this..., Alexandre frets as he gingerly sets the figurine into the void where is supposedly was, and goes to hurry back for the door.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Alexandre's fears seem unwarranted. While there was a feeling of unease, it's as if enough peace has returned that the past Shoanti are merely grateful instead of tortured.....

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

"Right then - on to the next room...?"

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

after a feeling of ease settles over the room Bulgulp moves back towards the maze, the only area the group hasn't been too yet, to make sure they have done all they can to repair any damage caused by the rogue pathfinder.

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Eddard is right behind the ninjippli.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Pillars of stone fill this space. Each is etched with some sort of writing, but the inscriptions are chipped, scorched, or otherwise damaged or obscured. Both Eddard and Bulgulp immediately notice that the ceiling in here is unstable in a few places. One wrong step would spell doom; more destruction and tons of bricks upon your heads.

The right pair for the job, your T10 Trap Spotters have the unstable spots in the bag.

The damage in here is rather straight forward. So long as you avoid the weakened areas, the Scavenger Stone can do the hard part.

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Magic stone in hand, Gbagbe consults with Eddard and Bulgulp about where it's safe to be and where the ceiling is unstable. Using his natural climbing ability, the trippy little grippli scales the wall and touches the stone gently to the ceiling, repairing the damaged portions. When this work is done, he calls down to his companions and says, "I think it's safe for us to pass now - and maybe for the Shoanti to eventually forgive the Society for the damage here."

Take 10 on Climb to skimble about with the Scavenger's Stone.

Edit: should have looked at the map first - Gbagbe is happy to do the repair work with the stone, but will probably not go chasing into the maze by himself. So my actions above presume we're going in together, as we usually would.

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

At the very least, Gbagbe can take one side while Eddard takes the other, and the party can hang out away from the unstable spots as backup.

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

Bulgulp will acompany Gbagbe to keep an eye out for danger and to point out unstable areas.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Zyneste stays near the back, ready to help or to defend against any surprise attacks.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

I'm so sorry everyone. I'm back, for real. Flying home was a nightmare.

The party carefully escorts Gbagbe about the room, using the stone to repair the damage caused by the erstwhile Pathfinder. When all is said and done, it's a simple matter to simply not stand where the trained eyes say.

With a look around, it seems all the damage has been rectified.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

"So... With that, we just have to seal the door, and we're done, right?" Alexandre asks hopefully. "I think everything has been properly returned and fixed, according to Simset's notes."

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

Bulgulp nods in agreement and makes his way back to the entrance

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Victor nods.

"It would appear that the forces of entropy have indeed temporarily been reversed."

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

"Hmmm," Gbagbe says, wondering if they've missed something as his big eyes scan the newly-repaired maze chamber. "There's stuff in here we didn't see, right?" he asks his companions, waving Simset's notes. "The lightning dogs in this room, the bone creature he mentions? Did we find those things and I just don't remember? I'm not saying I want us to fight lightning dogs, that doesn't sound good at all - but there might still be surprises waiting for us, is all."

In spite of his misgivings, he follows the others back towards the entrance.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

After a brief conversation, the party opts to head out and everyone feels like it's been a job well done. You make your way to the entrance in order to report back to-

ROAR!

As you make your way to the exit, you find the newly re-formed sepulcher warden blocking the exit! Next to the golem is a being of amorphous energy. As your eyes fall upon it the form morphs into a solid, wolf-like form...

Clearly, this isn't going to be easy.

Enemy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Alexandre: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Bulgulp: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Eddard: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Gbagbe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Victor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Zyneste: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Round 1:
Bulgulp: Go
Zyneste: Go
Alexandre: Go
Victor: Go
Gbagbe: Go

Enemy: TBD
Eddard: TBD

201 to 250 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost II: Dungeon Master S's "Debt to the Quah" [Classic] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.