Outpost II: Dungeon Master S's "Debt to the Quah" [Classic] (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

Handouts | Tactical Map
Scavenger's Stone charges: 27/50

Quickpost:

Initiative:
[dice=Enemy]d20[/dice]
[dice=Alexandre]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Bulgulp]d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Eddard]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Gbagbe]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Victor]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Zyneste]d20+6[/dice]


51 to 100 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Gbagbe opts to study someone new, carefully observing Payah Against the Wind in an effort to gain insights into how to influence her. If she values strength, I’m not sure I’m the one to try to sway her, but I might be able to pass along useful information to my friends.

Discovery vs Payah to find her influence skill. I’ll take 10 for an 18, to see what that gets me.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

"To be fair," the silver tongued diplomat continues, "It depends on the faction within the Society. Were I ask within the ranks of our crusaders, I'm sure that the 'magnanimity', as you put it, would be quite common. Among the entrepreneurs? Much less so. We are a rather far-flung organization, with a great many views. I'm sure that you are familiar with this issue yourself. Your overtures to the Skoan-Quah must be different then when you interact with the Tamiir-Quah. "

"Ultimately, the Society summarizes its goals in a simple credo: 'Explore, Report, Cooperate'. Your people have had the misfortune of having someone who didn't actually think about what that means. Exploring is as much finding out about the people in an area as it is about diving into whatever thing you don't understand. Reporting is about bringing more than some self-promoting clap-trap back, and if he had properly done due diligence, We would have caught his mistake, and had made overtures to fix it, much sooner. Cooperating is more then just within the society, it's with other nations and cultures as well. "

Continuing to Influence Lake at Dawn.

Blowing a Panache for Social Panache
Diplomacy(SP): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 12 + (6) = 36
continued Social Panache: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Total of 38 for this Diplomacy then.

As an aside, If someone can give me a bead on Payah's or Kemchet's weaknesses this phase, I would be quite thankful.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Gbagbe takes a relaxed approach, but the cross cultural differences are a bit too much for the grippli to suss out. Fail

Alexandre takes a solid approach with Lake at Dawn. "You speak wisely, but this man carried your tribe's name with him. Do you not have tribal customs that would have prevented such thinking? Still, you've been clear that not all of the Pathfinder Society is like that." Success.

Phase 2:
Alexandre: Success
Bulgulp: Success
Eddard: Go
Gbagbe: Fail
Zyneste: Success
Victor: Fail

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Eddard listens carefully to what his companions have learned about the historian Memory Trader before approaching her again.

I have considered your words about a new element changing what has come before, he says. We have seen this in history, from the marching armies of Taldor and — the ratfolk grimaces — of Cheliax, how their presence changed the land just as surely as an earthquake or violent storm.

At the same time, Eddard continues, bending the sapling is sometimes not a bane to the tree, but a boon. So, too, can the introduction of a new element be — if it is not handled poorly, as our colleague has done.

Discovery, choose Strength, Kn (local) take 10 for 21.

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

sorry I'm just going to do my phase 3 action now, as I might not be able to post tomorrow.

With a better understanding of Togimal in Shadows, Bulgulp tries to focus as he looks into the future for a 3rd time.

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 16

This time he sees something that gives him hope.

He quietly makes his way over to Togimal in Shadows and asks if he would walk with him so that they may talk in a more private manner.

"I too find great value in the study of a situation before acting, having a greater understanding of the consequences of our actions before we make them may help us choose more wisely in many situations and this case is no exception."

Bulgulp pauses and just walks with Togimal in Shadows for a moment to let him consider his words before continuing.

"We came here today at the mercy of your clans and knowing that our personal safety was not guaranteed, yet we came anyway, we might be representing a larger organisation such as the Pathfinder Society and the outcomes of today will reflect back on them, but it will be because of us and our actions, I ask that you help us to be able to try and redeem ourselves and make things right with the Shaonti clans because we are the ones here wanting to make this right."

I'll use the 16 from Prescience for a total of 19 in diplomacy before any other bonuses


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Eddard spends a bit of time trying to untie the knot that is Memory Tender. "Indeed. It is important that we never forget the sapling. It's important that we not return to the follies of the past - and that requires seeing our reflection in the water." Success

Phase 3:
Alexandre: Go
Bulgulp: Go
Eddard: Go
Gbagbe: Go
Zyneste: Go
Victor: Go

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Gbagbe gives up on trying to make sense of the intimidating Payah, turning his attention instead to the equally fearsome Kemchet Flame Stoker. However, he continues to struggle to sort out what matters to these two particular Shoanti

Discovery for Influence Skill on Kemchet

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

DM - as a psychic ability, Gbagbe can use detect thoughts 1/day. I assume using a spell-like ability to try to gauge how to influence the Quah representatives here would not be a welcome act - is that so?

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

DM see my post above yours for my phase 3 action


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

My bad. My SOP is to open my games when I get to work. This one sat too long and I missed your post!

Bulgulp's approach works very well. Togimal in Shadows listens intently. "You have a scent about you to which I can relate. If this is what the other members of the Pathfinder Society bring, perhaps perhaps you are worth the chance. Redemption is a rare gift..." Success

Gbagbe, yeah you're confident that trying to use magic, ESPECIALLY invasive magic, here would put the entire mission at risk. The grippli focuses on Kemchet, resisting the urge to dig into the man's thoughts. Unfortunately the man is an utter mystery to Gbagbe.

Phase 3:
Alexandre: Go
Bulgulp: Success
Eddard: Go
Gbagbe: Failure
Zyneste: Go
Victor: Go

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Victor continues to try and get a bead on the Shoanti...

Sense Motive - Togimal - Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3.

...but continues to be utterly mystified by them.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Zyneste, encouraged by her seeming success in getting a point across to Lake at Dawn, turns her attention to Payah Against the Wind next. A little overawed by the impressive leader, she first takes a few moments to observe the powerful woman, hoping to get an insight into her way of thinking.

Discovery (Sense Motive): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Victor feels like the waters here are over his head. Togimal in Shadows in particular seems to be an unworkable knot.

Payah Against the Wind is alike an open book to the monk. Zyneste can tall that she reacts well to overt displays of strength and military prowess. These are traits important to her tribe, so if the Pathfinders seem week and bookish, she's not likely to respect their attempt at restitution.

Phase 3:
Alexandre: Go
Bulgulp: Success
Eddard: Go
Gbagbe: Failure
Zyneste: Success
Victor: Fail

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Trusting one of his team members to further sway Memory Tender with the information at hand, Eddard takes care to lurk until Togimal in Shadow is off to the side for a moment, then Stealths up to him to have a quiet conversation.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Persons such as we, understand the importance of solitude and quiet, sir, no? Eddard says in a low tone. We are men of action. Lies do not become us. So let us speak plainly. What do you expect from the Pathfinder Society here to sway your opinion of us? We have admitted the mistakes of one in our ranks and seek to make those wrongs righted.

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 14


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Togimal in Shadows is impressed by the ratfolk's approach. "Indeed. Action is the only means by which things happen. Simply expressing desire is not action though. I am still yet undecided..." Success

Phase 3:
Alexandre: Go
Bulgulp: Success
Eddard: Success
Gbagbe: Failure
Zyneste: Success
Victor: Fail

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

THANK YOU, Zyneste.

"Were we a tribe with a strong culture, That would likely be,"Alexandre says, regretfully as he moves the conversation toward another councilor. " However, We're from a great many places, so the cultural mores are weaker, unfortunately. Of course, sometimes that flexibility can be more of a strength then a weakness, and our leaders hopefully know how to apply the right people to the right job. They aren't perfect at it, but their track record about their choices is rather impressive."

At this point, Alexandre would begin to weave Payah Against the Wind into the conversation discussing the strength of the Society, both in number as well as the versatility and flexibility. This will eventually lead to....

"I have learned from my travels that the best approach is to use words to avoid confrontation, but have the skill with steel to back up what my mouth can't handle. And while I don't have the raw physical strength of you or your band, I am quite confident I can hold my own. Since you seemed rather dismissive of our physical forms, Would you care for a friendly demonstration that we are more robust then we look?"

Attempting to Influence Payah Against the Wind
Using 1 Panache for Social Panache
Diplomacy(SP): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 12 + (4) = 23


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Alexandre finds his opening. Payah Against the Wind gives a long look, up and down. "Even putting for the option for a demonstration is a show of strength I hadn't expected. I'd gladly see tht your sinew matches the silver in your tongue." Success

At this Kemchet Flame Stoker snorts, "Bah! Words! Words are all they have. Words and lies. Silver or not, that tongue is FORKED!"

Alexandre feels the progress bleed away at Flame Stokers words!

Phase 4:
Alexandre: Go
Bulgulp: Go
Eddard: Go
Gbagbe: Go
Zyneste: Go
Victor: Go

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Patient as stone, Victor continues to try and get a read on Togimal.

Sense Motive - Togimal - Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11.

However, the Shoanti continue to remain utterly alien.

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

Hearing from Eddard that Togimal in Shadows is still not convinced he looks to the future for the last time.

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 2

He is unnerved by what he saw but without any other options and time running out for his group to plead their case, he tries once more with Togimal.

Again he asks to speak privately with Togimal before saying;

"I know you are still undecided, and I have said my piece, but I have one thing to add. You believe as I do, That actions speak louder than words. The action of the rogue agent spoke volumes, regardless of our words here today, give us a chance to show you with our actions just how loud our society really does speak when talking with a united voice"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 To influence Togimal in Shadows

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Poor Victor has had a rough go of this. :-/

With Bugulp coming up alongside Togimal in Shadows, Eddard feels comfortable letting the ninja talk and turns his attention to the imposing Payah Against the Wind. He studies her from afar, trying to recall any tidbit of information he can glean.

Take 10 on Kn (local) for 21, looking for her Weakness.

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Gbagbe continues to study Kemchet, but can't make sense of the burly man's persona. The frustrated grippli takes a couple of long licks at the brightly patterned skin on his right forearm, sighs, and seems to relax a bit.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

DM - just realized I could be boosting my Knowledge checks with my cognatogen. Would something like that, which just involves my drinking a vial of something mildly hallucinogenic, be crossing a line in this circumstance? And if I don't know how it would be received, that's a fair answer.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Seeing that the group seem to be making some progress with most of the Quah, Zyneste turns her attention to the unfriendly appearing Kemchet Flame Stoker. She knows that even the tallest mountain or the thorniest of thickets can be climbed or traversed...if one knows the right path. She calmly observes him, looking for the path to his inner man.

Sense Motive on Kemchet: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

I'll post after work. (I was waiting for everyone else to post to see where I'd be the most effective. ) However, I am going to mention that this is the last round of rolls, and after my post we'll see if we've persuaded them.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Bulgulp's quiet approach resonates, "Well then you entered as a Tshamek, let us see how you leave." Success

Eddard notices that among her kinsmen and Pathfinders alike, Paya Against the Wind responds well to arguments made in harmony between two people or more. She respects united groups. Success

Gbagbe looks about and sees others drinking from waterskins, and Kemchet might actually have alcohol (fermented goat's milk.) He sees no reason not to help himself out.

Zyneste gives Flame Stoker a good look. Given his demeanor, and the strength of his objections... Zyneste concludes that there's naught that the Society can do to sway him. Success

Victor continues to struggle. The tone of the conversation and comportment of the Shoanti continues to be inscrutable.

Phase 4:
Bulgulp: Success
Eddard: Success
Gbagbe: Drink + Go
Zyneste: Success
Victor: Fail
Alexandre: Go

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Already made a roll for this round, and if we’re at the end of this particular social encounter, I’ll hold off on the cognatogen.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

For a split second, A spark of feral anger flits across Alexandre's eyes, and his right hand drops toward his blade's hilt a couple inches. No, he has to mentally remind himself, This isn't home. I can't challenge here. Get back to work.

As so, with a smile that doesn't reach his eyes, the nobleman looks toward the foe that finally decided to show himself. "'Words and lies', you say. Well, of course, I'd use words to prove my point. It was the method chosen by your people, Or so I thought by the very mention of council. Would you have preferred us to do nothing, or for us to act like some abominable Chelish fop and use force to get what I want? You don't hurt people you like and want to stay in good relations with. Now, If you don't have any other point besides that, then I believe that I'll discuss with someone that's actually willing to listen to our desire to right wrongs." And with that, he turns away from the man and looks around at the councilors, noting who can still be swayed.

After a moment thought, Alexandre turns to Memory Tender, apologizes for his outburst, and begins to ask her about her opinions on how to fix this, as he weaves in discussion on ways for the society to learn from this mess. "After all, Those who don't learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it."

Influncing Memory Tender
Spending 1 Panache for Social Panache
Diplomacy(SP): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 12 + (2) = 22

If Kemchet interrupts him again, Alexandre will immediately go to dissect and dismiss whatever cockamamie complaint the man uses. He's quite annoyed that his rapport was countered with 'Liar, liar, pants on fire.'


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Gbagbe looks about and while the grippli doesn't seem to make any headway, he does note that there's still a fair amount of lively discussion. There still seems like time to make a difference 4 player adjustment at high tier means a bonus round!

Alexandre doubles down and focuses. "Indeed, I think all cultures have a saying such as that. But can you learn? The society you belong to has a long history. One would think that by now such a mistake would not have happened.... Still, you do seem earnest." Success

Phase 5:
Bulgulp: Go
Eddard: Go
Gbagbe: Go
Zyneste: Go
Victor: Go
Alexandre: Go

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Fully expecting failure, meaning that he can only be pleasantly surprised by success, Victor continues to observe Togimal.

Sense Motive - Togimal - Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6.

However, the man continues to remain as opaque as a brick wall.

Damn. I know I don't really have the skill-set for this encounter, but my rolls have been rubbish :-P

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

Bulgulp will quietly appear beside Zyneste and say "I think Alexandre has almost convinced Memory Tender, perhaps we could work together on Payah Against the Wind?"

He then looks around for Eddard then nods for him to join them.

I have a +3 to diplomacy which I think is the best of the 3 of us do you guys want to try and aid me?

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Happy to go an aid for someone. Is it best we try Memory Tender, or perhaps go a Strength check on Against the Wind?

Zyneste looks to her companions, waiting to see where her efforts are best spent in aiding their arguments. Hoping to sway Payah Against the Wind, she joins in any shows of strength to the Quah.

Strength (aid): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Well, that's not going to help anyone, so it's a moot point.

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

I think I'll still hold off on the cognatogen - I like to hoard my limited resources so that I find I've reached the end of the scenario and failed to use them. ;)

Giving up on the challenge of understanding Kemchet, Gbagbe instead attempts to help his fellow grippli and the others in swaying Payah Against the Wind, remarking, [b]"It is helpful when we...help...each other, is it not?[/ooc]

Diplomacy, Aid Bulgulp (or whoever opts to take the lead roll): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 On Payah

Well, I still think Victor is going to win for most terrible rolls in this encounter, but Gbagbe looks to be a close second in that contest.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Not expecting the conversation to continue, the party stumbles with a united front in convincing the Shoanti of their case before the final vote.

Phase 5:
Bulgulp: Go
Eddard: Go

Gbagbe: Fail
Zyneste: Fail
Victor: Fail
Alexandre: Go

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |

Eddard comes up alongside Bulgulp to try and lend a hand. Er, paw. Hand. Whatever.

Diplomacy (aid another): 1d20 ⇒ 9
sad trombone

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

"You would think that, but there is an unfortunate difference between a group learning something, and each of it's individuals learning it as well,"Alexandre responds to the Shoanti historian. "Not every member goes through the same path in joining the Society, even. " Over the remaining time, Alexandre will continue his attempts to portray the society as earnest in it's attempts to apologize over this.

Trying to influence Memory Tender.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Against my better judgement,I'm using Social Panache. I'm out of Panache.

Social Panache: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Ugh... Total of 17, Luck was going to nail me sooner or later.

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

Bulgulp walks up to Payah flanked by Eddard and Zyneste.

"As indiviudals, we have strengths and weaknesses, however as a group we grow stronger as others strengths become our own. The actions of 1 weak individual should not speak for the whole. As a united front before you, we ask that you recognise the strength in our commitment to make recompense.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

lol damn so close, those aid's would have come in handy :P well considering we're not a talky group we might now get to see if we are a fighty group haha


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Oof that was a rough bonus round.

The party works their best to sway Paya Against the Wind. While she seems like she's being swayed, she's not quite there yet. Alas, another chance won't present itself. Cousin to All, bowing to pressure calls the meeting to a formal vote. Each takes their place atop the platform.

"I ask you now to cast your vote. A simple majority will decide. I shall start the vote with a "yes" to grant the Pathfinder Society this chance." One vote YES.

Rollicks in Waves responds first, "I too vote yes." Two votes YES.

Kemchet Flame Stoker votes adamantly, practically growling. "NO!" Two votes YES. One vote NO.

Paya Against the Wind, "While I think there's a chance, I must obey my heart. No." Two votes YES. Two votes NO.

Togimal in Shadow exhales sharply from the nose before voting. There's no emotion to the word, "Yes." Three votes YES. Two votes NO.

Cousin to All's face expression is tight with focus. "Memory Tender, it comes to you next. How do you vote?"

She answers after an uncomfortably long pause, "In time even a mighty tree will fall. This is the way of things. My vote is.... No."
Three votes YES. Three votes NO.

All eyes turn to the long haired Shoanti. Lake at Dawn is a bit more jovial than Memory Tender, "I think there is a chance and I want them to have the opportunity to take it. Yes." FOUR votes YES. Three votes NO.[/i]


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Cousin to All smiles. "Then it is decided! You shall travel to the Muschkal Sepulcher, a short distance from the Storval Stairs, northward up the Muschkal River. I advise you to leave at once."

After you exit the council meeting, you can head east through a gap in the Iron Peaks to reach the Muschkal River, after which you can follow the river northward to reach the sepulcher. The journey should be idyllic, and you will reach the burial site by mid-afternoon.

Will give a chance for people to check in and make note of any adventuring spells they may want. The Map is now updated, so go ahead and place yourselves. I'll give you a description once everyone is on the map. As a reminder, whenever anyone rolls dice, the map needs to be up to date!

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

I'll cast Heightened awareness just before we get to the doors. That gives me a +13 to perception (+14 for traps) and I have trap spotter

Sovereign Court

Male LN Kitsune Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 47/47| AC: 22( 15Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +4, R: +10, W: +5(+2vs. Mind Affecting) | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 5/5 |Active conditions: none

on the map. Of note, until I crit on a creature with 3 HD or more, my Initiative is only +3. I forgot how much being out of Panache sucks.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Zyneste follows along with the group, casting her eyes over the door as they arrive.

Perception +15. Will take 10, or even take 20 if we have time.

The Exchange

Male ratfolk Rog4 (eldritch scoundrel) | hp 31/31 | Init +3 | AC 18/14, T 14, FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F +3 R +7 (evasion) W +2 | Prcptn +7 (+9 traps, trap spotter) |
Bulgulp wrote:
I'll cast Heightened awareness just before we get to the doors. That gives me a +13 to perception (+14 for traps) and I have trap spotter

So does Eddard, though Bulgulp's modifier is considerably higher. So Eddard will stay right alongside the grippli, trying to learn how to find traps better. At the very least, his +9 to Perception for traps will automatically aid.

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 4 | HP 26 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Only prep for Gbagbe is to cast mage armor from his wand. Can’t manipulate the map right now, so would appreciate if someone would position Gbagbe somewhere near the back.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

he door is extremely dense, and it's hard for even the sharp-eared dwarf to hear anything through it. The red light of the setting sun illuminates the room with a warm glow. The gently sloping passage leads to a cool, dimly lit area. The air is damp. Animal bones, gristle, and long-rotten viscera are haphazardly scattered across the floor. Stairs to the east and west lead to slightly elevated walkways flanking the recess. Doors lead away from the entrance hall to the northwest and southeast.

A pair of ogres stand within, seemingly intent on picking the place clean. They weren't expecting company, but they're ready for a fight! The one straight across especially. The veins on his arms are the size of snakes!

Enemy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Alexandre: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Bulgulp: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Eddard: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Gbagbe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Zyneste: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Round 1 Red looks much tougher
Bulgulp: Go
Zyneste: Go

Ogres: TBD
Eddard: TBD
Gbagbe: TBD
Alexandre: TBD

Liberty's Edge

active:
Heightened Awareness + 2 Perception 50mins
Grippli Messmerist 3 | Ninja 2 | Wizard 1 HP 25/46 | AC 20/16T/15FF | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +5 | Init +13 | Perception +11 (+12 for traps) | CMD 17 | Trap Spotter 10ft ]

What's the small circle creature? Is that an enemy?

Bulgulp vanishes before moving forward stealthily

stealth: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35

He then focuses on the ogre that looks to be more of a threat (Red) using his hypnotic stare.

Hypnotic Stare:

-2 to will saves, -2 to spell and SLA DC's, -2 to SR

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

At the sight of the ogres, Zyneste steps to get a clear shot and, her hands moving in a fast blur, lets loose three arrows in through the door towards the one dressed in red.

Flurry, Deadly Aim, Improved Precise Shot
Arrow 1: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 2 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 4 = 15
Arrow 2: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 2 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 4 = 18
Arrow 3: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Missed Victor on the copy/paste: Victor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21. The small creature was also a paste error. Fixed.

Bulgulp melts into the shadows and focuses his concentration on the the stronger looking ogre.

Zynaste takes a deep breath and lets fly a trio of arrows. All three slam into the ogre. Perhaps it would have been enough to lay low a normal ogre, but this is no normal ogre!

Round 1 Red looks much tougher
Bulgulp: Stare
Zyneste: Hits
Victor: Go

Ogres: TBD
Eddard: TBD
Gbagbe: TBD
Alexandre: TBD

DM:

Red: 45

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Victor sighs.

"You are but motes of animate dust, swelled great with your own false importance."

With a flick of his wrist, he then tosses a potion vial into one hand. In a smooth, practiced motion, he then pops the cork, and his form swells to gigantic proportions!

Following this, he concentrates, before vomiting up a stream of ectoplasm, which forms itself into a long, hafted weapon, ending in a wickedly-curved blade.

I now have a 20' reach.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Despite the utterly strange appearance of Victor's actions, the ogres immediately fly into the scrum!

The heavily injured brute charges Zynaste, heedless of any arrows that come his way AoO from Bulgulp if desired. The ogre comes right up to the entrance of the tomb and swings to his left, hoping to kill the archer in one swing:
Greataxe: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 = 25 for DMG: 3d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 6, 5) + 14 = 26

The other steps to the center of the room and opts for a large javelin over the shoulder, aimed at the enlarged Victor:

Javelin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 but it sails harmlessly overhead.

Round 1:
Bulgulp: Stare
Zyneste: Hits
Victor: Buff
Ogres: ATK
Eddard: Go
Gbagbe: Go
Alexandre: Go

DM:

Red: 45

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ex-Cleric 1 / Spiritualist(Phantom Blade) 6 (HP 52/52) (AC 21/11/20) (CMD 20) (Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15) (Init +1) (Perception +20)

Victor remorselessly takes a swing as Red gets closer...

AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24, for 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (2, 6) + 11 = 19 damage.
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14, for 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (7, 1) + 11 = 19 *ADDITIONAL* damage.

51 to 100 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost II: Dungeon Master S's "Debt to the Quah" [Classic] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.