DMDM's Fingerprints of the Fiend

Game Master Douglas Muir 406


601 to 641 of 641 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Yes! Everyone who doesn't have Acrobatics should make a simple, easy DC 8 Dex check.


Female Human 30/30 HP; AC 18/13/16; Init +5; Fort +5, Refl +3, Will +8; Per +3

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Silver Crusade

Per: +5 | Init +4 |Twin Fists!: +8/d8+7 |F:+7 R:+5 W: +9| |DF +3 BS +2 Warpriest 6 AC 21 HP 38/54| Blessings: 2/6| F: 2/6| 1st: 1/5 (1/2) 2nd: 1/4 (1/2) |

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


mm hm, good, good. Have we missed anyone?


The halfling has Acrobatics, I believe Grinceroy does too... Callinda?


Male Human Vigilante 6 I HP 34/46 I AC 23(24) [T 12 FF 21] I CMD 22+ I F +5 R +8 W +6 I Init +2 I Percep +9 I Sense Motive +13 I

Callinda has confirmed she has Acrobatics - see her post in the Discussion thread


Okay! Well then...

...everyone is fine!

However...


Let's review: "She'll slow down here," said the halfling "because it's frightening. Everyone does. Keep the handle up, don't brake. Lean into the curve, and we can catch them on the straightaway after the bridge."

And it was scary, and they did slow down! And you are indeed getting closer!

But up ahead is the second bridge.


The first bridge was no big thing -- it went over a couple of cracks. This one goes over a damn chasm. It's deep. And it's long. And the tracks laid over it look disturbingly rickety.

Anyone have any relevant magic they want to throw (Levitate, or some such), or any other preparations?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human 30/30 HP; AC 18/13/16; Init +5; Fort +5, Refl +3, Will +8; Per +3

Dex check to kiss my butt goodbye?

Silver Crusade

Per: +5 | Init +4 |Twin Fists!: +8/d8+7 |F:+7 R:+5 W: +9| |DF +3 BS +2 Warpriest 6 AC 21 HP 38/54| Blessings: 2/6| F: 2/6| 1st: 1/5 (1/2) 2nd: 1/4 (1/2) |

Guidance all around. Everyone gets +1 to our next roll


Human Slayer (Cleaner) 6 | HP 33/46 | AC 20 t 14 ff 16 | CMD 22 | F+7 R+9 W +5 | Init +5 | Perc +9 Know(Dungeon, Local, Geog) +4 SenseMot +6

maybe we could all jump up in the air just before the bridge, and land back in the cart once it's crossed?


Refresher:

"Zulfikor's a sneaky bastard. Most of his spells are either enchantment, or stuff to keep the slaves down. Talia's different. She's a blaster, straight up. Likes spraying acid around. We saw that when they fought the harpies. And she's got some kind of spell that can knock you sideways. Marius is the weakest. I think he mostly does detection magic. Knows how to hold a sword, though."

Okay, so Brother Attero is a great big target there, holding up that torch. So: he takes 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) + 3 = 6 points of damage.

and now for the roll that really matters: Brother Attero is hurled 1d4 ⇒ 3 x 5 = 15 feet. In what direction? 1-4 forward left behind right. 1d4 ⇒ 1

oooh, you lucky dog.


Okay, so you are YANKED forward out of the card, 15 feet forward onto the bridge. The hurtling car is about to slam into you. Your options:

-- try to dodge. Possible, with a Reflex save. Of course, you're on a narrow track over a chasm, so the failure mode on this one could be severe.

-- try to jump into the car. With just a few ranks of Acrobatics, this would be child's play!

-- Brace yourself and try not to get knocked off. Lowest chance of killing you outright, but you'll take the most damage, and also the car will slow down.

(This all happens literally in a flash, so it's all you.)


Also, a simple Spellcraft roll will tell you what she did there!


Female Human 30/30 HP; AC 18/13/16; Init +5; Fort +5, Refl +3, Will +8; Per +3

Janeesa prepares her grappling hook and a rope, thinking if they wreck up here she might have to catch on to something in order to not die.

Silver Crusade

Per: +5 | Init +4 |Twin Fists!: +8/d8+7 |F:+7 R:+5 W: +9| |DF +3 BS +2 Warpriest 6 AC 21 HP 38/54| Blessings: 2/6| F: 2/6| 1st: 1/5 (1/2) 2nd: 1/4 (1/2) |

Dodge: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16


Ooohh just made it.

Okay, the cart is whipping past you. You can let it pass, or attempt to grab it. This is a simple touch attack, but then you'll also need a Str check.

People inside the cart can help you, but a bad failure could have consequences.


Male Human Vigilante 6 I HP 34/46 I AC 23(24) [T 12 FF 21] I CMD 22+ I F +5 R +8 W +6 I Init +2 I Percep +9 I Sense Motive +13 I

Not sure what skill to use? Acrobatics seems appropriate

Bracing himself for the impact of his skin and bone hitting Attero's armour at speed, Morvius reaches out to help his comrade back into the cart.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Come along, my good man! It's not like you to bail out of an impending fight just because the odds are stacked against us."


Female Human 30/30 HP; AC 18/13/16; Init +5; Fort +5, Refl +3, Will +8; Per +3

Can Janeesa try to attach her grappling hook, which she already has in hand, to his belt, if he manages to grab on?


Janeesa wrote:
Can Janeesa try to attach her grappling hook, which she already has in hand, to his belt, if he manages to grab on?

Wait, like... attaching yourselves to each other?

(You could even attach yourselves to the cart! Crazy, I know.)


But anyway:

Remarkably, Father D survives this! Despite his bulk, he dodges nimbly aside and seizes the side of the car, taking no harm for the moment. Morvius leans over and grabs him. Morvius: it will be a Str check to pull him in.

However: as he clings to the side of the car, he's tipping it a little. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEE the metal wheels scream against the rails.

Wow, that's a deep chasm! No bottom to be seen from here.


Male Human Vigilante 6 I HP 34/46 I AC 23(24) [T 12 FF 21] I CMD 22+ I F +5 R +8 W +6 I Init +2 I Percep +9 I Sense Motive +13 I

Str check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Panache, elan, style, dumb luck - call it what you will, but Morvius has it in spades.

He cheerfully (and stylishly, bien sur) reaches out and nonchalantly hauls Brother D's armoured bulk back into the cart. "Perhaps we could work on roping ourselves to this thing, Janeesa? Or to the cart, of course."


Female Human 30/30 HP; AC 18/13/16; Init +5; Fort +5, Refl +3, Will +8; Per +3

"It would be a good idea, if we have time. But I'm hoping this joyride on the highway to hell is over soon!"


[sfx: dice rolling offscreen]

You are able to pull Father D. back into the car!

The sorceress in the car ahead of you literally screams with frustration and shakes her fist. But before she can cast again, the enemy car is off the bridge and whipping around a curve.


"Next is the Straightaway, says the halfling. "That's where you can build up the most speed. But the track gets washouts, and... it's a risk."

Okay! So please give an opinion on how fast you're willing to go on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 is "cautious!" and there's no chance of an accident but the enemy car may gain more distance from you. 10 is "RIDE TO VALHALLA, SHINY AND CHROME!". What do you say?


Male Human Vigilante 6 I HP 34/46 I AC 23(24) [T 12 FF 21] I CMD 22+ I F +5 R +8 W +6 I Init +2 I Percep +9 I Sense Motive +13 I
DM_DM wrote:
The sorceress in the car ahead of you literally screams with frustration and shakes her fist.

Morvius raises a sophisticated eyebrow at the histrionics. "Tsk. Dinner and a show. Well, not dinner perhaps, although..." his eyes slide across to look at Callinda. "I haven't forgotten the restaurant you burned down in Caliphas. I was only halfway through that meal. They did the most gorgeous little brûléed scallops."

He sighs, mournfully.

DM_DM wrote:
"Next is the Straightaway, says the halfling. "That's where you can build up the most speed. But the track gets washouts, and... it's a risk."

Morvius grins. "A risk, eh? Well, I always knew I wasn't destined to die in bed." There's a pause. "Someone else's bed, possibly - although that probably counts as natural causes."

Turn the riskometer up to 11, captain!


Female Human 30/30 HP; AC 18/13/16; Init +5; Fort +5, Refl +3, Will +8; Per +3

"Morv, I'm all about lack of restraint on a good day, but, in all honesty, this has NOT been a good day. Take it down a notch!"

Janeesa's vote is for a 6-7 risk-speed factor.


Anyone else still with us?


Okay well, that averages to an 8 or so. Let's roll some dice!

1d20 ⇒ 20

Silver Crusade

Per: +5 | Init +4 |Twin Fists!: +8/d8+7 |F:+7 R:+5 W: +9| |DF +3 BS +2 Warpriest 6 AC 21 HP 38/54| Blessings: 2/6| F: 2/6| 1st: 1/5 (1/2) 2nd: 1/4 (1/2) |

Brother Attero simply shrugs.

"It is always a good day to die."


Okay, so that was a very good roll! The cart is not flipping off the tracks! In fact, it is accelerating dramatically!

How's the other team doing?

1d20 ⇒ 9


You come over the bridge and you're going MUCH faster. The other guys are not -- they have sanely slowed down. So you're closing on them. Actually, you're closing on them really fast.

RAMMING SPEED

Silver Crusade

Per: +5 | Init +4 |Twin Fists!: +8/d8+7 |F:+7 R:+5 W: +9| |DF +3 BS +2 Warpriest 6 AC 21 HP 38/54| Blessings: 2/6| F: 2/6| 1st: 1/5 (1/2) 2nd: 1/4 (1/2) |

"Though 'twould not be the most preferable form, we close now for GLORIOUS COMBAT!"


Okay! Glorious combat it is!

NO SEATBELTS! SAFETY IS FOR THE WEAK!


Initiative rolls for Team Evil! Let's do them all together.

1d20 ⇒ 13 mmkay, that's 14 for most of them but 16 for Zulfikor / Weasel. What've you got?


Female Human 30/30 HP; AC 18/13/16; Init +5; Fort +5, Refl +3, Will +8; Per +3

Initiative:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human Vigilante 6 I HP 34/46 I AC 23(24) [T 12 FF 21] I CMD 22+ I F +5 R +8 W +6 I Init +2 I Percep +9 I Sense Motive +13 I

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Silver Crusade

Per: +5 | Init +4 |Twin Fists!: +8/d8+7 |F:+7 R:+5 W: +9| |DF +3 BS +2 Warpriest 6 AC 21 HP 38/54| Blessings: 2/6| F: 2/6| 1st: 1/5 (1/2) 2nd: 1/4 (1/2) |

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Human Vigilante 6 I HP 34/46 I AC 23(24) [T 12 FF 21] I CMD 22+ I F +5 R +8 W +6 I Init +2 I Percep +9 I Sense Motive +13 I

DMDM, would you be willing to give us a Surprise Round as well? After all, it's not like they were probably expecting us to speed up in that crazy way and accelerate to ramming speed.


Female Human 30/30 HP; AC 18/13/16; Init +5; Fort +5, Refl +3, Will +8; Per +3

Hey everybody.

601 to 641 of 641 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMDM's Fingerprints of the Fiend All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.