Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Jessica Catalan

Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path.


Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

A family game of the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

For five years, the faithful of Sandpoint have attended church in temporary structures erected after fire destroyed the previous temple, and while their new religious leader was helpful, kind, and wise, church wasn’t the same. Now, the new cathedral is finally done. All that remains is for the Swallowtail Festival, on the Autumnal Equinox, to renew the site’s blessings from the gods and it will be as if the Sandpoint Fire had never occurred.

The turnout for the opening speeches is quite respectable, and the four keynote speakers each deliver short but well-received welcomes to the festival.

Mayor Deverin’s friendly attitude and excitement prove contagious as she welcomes visitors to town and jokes about how even Larz Rovanky, the local tanner (and notorious workaholic) managed to tear himself away from the tannery to attend, much to everyone’s amusement (except Larz’s).

Sheriff Belor Hemlock brings the crowd down a bit with his dour mood, his reminder to be safe around the evening’s bonfire, and his request for a moment of silence to remember those who lost their lives in the fire that claimed the town’s previous church several years ago.

The next speaker is scheduled to be local nobleman Lonjiku Kaijitsu, but Mayor Deverin apologizes on his behalf as a sudden illness has prevented him from attending the ceremony (this isn’t something that surprises the locals, given Lonjiku’s well-known dislike of frivolity and festivals).

Sandpoint’s own show man Cyrdak Drokkus is more than up to the challenge of bringing the crowd’s mood back up with his rousing anecdotes. He delivers a not-completely-irreverent recap of the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He throws in a bit of self promotion at the end, as is his wont, inviting everyone to stop by the Sandpoint Theater the following evening to check out his new production of “The Harpy’s Curse,” revealing that the lead role of Avisera the harpy queen will be played by none other than the famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda!

Finally, Father Zantus steps up to give a short speech thanking everyone for coming before declaring the Swallowtail Festival underway.

Various games and contests are being held, from tug of wars and sack races to two musicians with fiddles trying to out do each other. There are even some people test their skills at the edge of town doing a little archery but it seems to be mostly an impromptu affair. Riddle contests and various other challenges abound.

After spending the day at the festival the swallowtails were set free and the evenings celebration began! When suddenly a cry of pain cut through the square! Goblins were attacking! Your characters managed to fight off the first wave of attackers, but even as the last of the goblins in sight falls to your spells and blades you can hear other cries and screams. The town square wasn't the only place attacked!

Sandpoint needs your help!

We'll be picking up where we left off last time we played. Feel free to introduce your character, talk about what they did during the festival, and describe how they helped fight off the first goblin attack. We'll move on when everyone's ready. Once that's done you can give me a perception check.


Female Halfling Rogue (carnivalist) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -3 CMD: 11 | F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +8 | Perc +7 (+2 Ballis), SM +1 +2 Ballis, Diplomacy +5, Social +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Ballis | Active Conditions: None

Loris Rabbit-tender walks through the festival. She cheers through the speeches and claps and laughs loudly for Cyrdakk Drokkus. After that it's time for the festival. She hurries over to Cracktooth's Tavern where she is scheduled to perform a magnificent magic show! She puts on a great show with her rabbits, and with Ballis, her smartest and toughest bunny. After the magic show is over she bows, packs up her rabbits and puts them into their tiny pink wagon. She has a bite to eat at the restaurant and then heads out into the streets. She has a bit of time to play before doing another magic show on the streets.

Loris finds a stall that has a bunch of fish in a pool. She tries to catch one and she does! She wins a bunny stuffed rabbit which she gives to her rabbits to play with. "Take care of him!" she tells her rabbits. The little rabbits approach the stuffy and sniff it.

Ballis lets out a growl. "No, don't eat it, Ballis! He is a new friend!" Ballis does not look happy.

Loris puts on another magnificent magic show, this time in the streets. She gets lots of people to come and watch. It's great! She makes some money from her performances! I whole gold piece total by the end of the day! She was rich! This was a great day!

When its time for the evening birds to be released she was in the crowd with everyone else. Then the goblins had attacked! She had attacked with her tiny crossbow! She had shot those goblins up good!


Female Rabbit Familiar (mauler) | HP: 5/5 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 7 | F:+1 R:+5 W:+1 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 50 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Ballis had stayed right beside Loris! He was a vicious little rabbit, bigger and stronger than any of the others! And smarter, too! When the goblins attacked he stood beside Loris and snarled and gnashed his teeth. Whenever a goblin came too close he chomped at him! Nibbling on their feet!


Female Halfling Rogue (carnivalist) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -3 CMD: 11 | F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +8 | Perc +7 (+2 Ballis), SM +1 +2 Ballis, Diplomacy +5, Social +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Ballis | Active Conditions: None

"Oh, no! I hear more goblins attacking!" She looks at her pet rabbits. "Stay in the wagon, cuties! You don't want to get gobbled up by goblins! We're in for a rough night!"

Then she looks at Ballis. "Let's tear 'em to shreds, Ballis! Those goblins won't know what hit 'em!"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27


| HP: 14/14 | AC 21 (T12, FF 19) (Current: AC 15, T12, FF 13) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+1 (-2 vs. evil spells) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +1, Intimidate +9, Bluff -4, Diplomacy -2 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armour) | Omen: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Echo was a strange woman.

She used to live in Sandpoint, back before the Late Unpleasantness. Her name was Evelyn then. She was beautiful and happy. She fell in love, got married, and moved away. No one heard from her for a long time, not even her parents. But just a few months ago she came back!

She looked different. Her long beautiful brown hair was super short -- like it had been shaved off and was just starting to grow back in. Her pretty face that was once covered in joyous smiles was a wreck of ugly, jagged scars. It looked like someone had cut her face up, and maybe even burnt it! It had healed and she had survived, but her face was a horrible sight...

Echo smiled at the people she met, and exchanged pleasantries, but she wasn't kind and friendly like she used to be. She seemed sad. And nervous! Loud noises made her jump. She backed away from people who came too close. And whenever anyone tried to befriend her she was polite, but distant. She never showed up to parties and dinners. Never made new friends or joked. Never went out to the theatre or the restaurants. She just sort of... stayed. Alone. Faded silently into the background.

Echo wore long dresses with long sleeves and high collars, that covered the rest of her body head to toe. Everyone whispered and wondered just how far her scarring went! Who had hurt her? And what had happened to her husband?

---

On the day of the festival Echo was dressed in a dull grey dress. It was simple and plain, and on top she wore tattered and stained red cloak. She slipped through the crowds, desperate for companionship, but too scared to reach out to those around her.

What if she hurt someone? No! It was too dangerous...

So she lingered at the back of the crowds, watching games but not playing, eating food but not socializing, and passing by the people she could try to befriend.

---

When the goblins attacked the crowds panicked. People ran. Fled. Screamed and cried.

Echo did not.

She saw a guard move forward to help but a goblin leapt out of nowhere and bit his throat right out! Echo got splattered by it! The guard fell to the ground and the goblin laughed. He turned, ready to harass someone else.

People screamed.

Echo did not.

Instead she let the Maiden out.

Echo strode forward, yanked the guards longsword from its sheath and drove it into the back of the goblin, killing him instantly.

She bent down and took the guard's shield and strapped it onto her arm, then she turned to survey the town square. A trio of goblins converged on her, laughing and gnashing their teeth.

She looked at them emotionlessly. Cold, and stern, and unafraid.

"Come on, then. Come to your death."

The goblins attacked her, but she slashed with her sword, killing them all.

As the goblins lay dead around the square she surveyed the area. Only a few other citizens had stood strong and fought. The halfling magician. The Varisian librarian. The Tien scholar. She gave them a nod. "The battle is not yet done. If you want to flee, now is your chance."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Halfling Rogue (carnivalist) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -3 CMD: 11 | F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +8 | Perc +7 (+2 Ballis), SM +1 +2 Ballis, Diplomacy +5, Social +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Ballis | Active Conditions: None

Lorris looked shy, scared Echo. But she was not shy or scared at all! "What?" Lorris exclaimed. "Why did you run away? I thought you would!"


| HP: 14/14 | AC 21 (T12, FF 19) (Current: AC 15, T12, FF 13) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+1 (-2 vs. evil spells) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +1, Intimidate +9, Bluff -4, Diplomacy -2 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armour) | Omen: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Echo looks Loris over, from head to toe.

Slowly.

...

Finally she turns to look at her surroundings, alert for more goblins. "I could ask the same of you." she replies in a calm voice.


| HP: 6/8 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 (+1 vs. enchantments) | Init +4 (always act in surprise round) | Perc +2, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1, Harrowed (Tangled Briar: Shields): 1/1, Prescience: 7/7, Lucky Number (19): 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Dekonkar was a varisian harrower with awesome green hair. He loved learning and books, and he ran a library in the town square. During the festival he wheeled around a trolley, handing out books to the citizens of Sandpoint.

"Oh, try this one! You'll love it! And you! Yeah, you! This one is the book for you!"

When the speeches began he put away his trolley, and watched from his window. Suddenly, goblins attacked! And they had TORCHES! Not much was worse to the safety of his beloved books, than fire.

"Oh, no!" he shrieked! He used his magic to douse their flames! He scooped up water with his magic and dumped it on their torches! As the goblins looked around confused, he laughed! Then he headed outside to protect his library! And his town...

Thassilonian:
"Leave my books ALONE!"

There were only a few other people left around. He looked at them strangely.

"Of course you stayed, Loris! You always get into trouble! But you?! Echo! What are you doing with that sword? Last I saw you you jumped at your own shadow! But now... Now you're good with a sword and a shield..? I think there's a story in there somewhere..." He waggles his eyebrows at Echo and adjusts his glasses. "Another time, of course! We've got books to save! I mean... a town to save!"

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Also I have stuff to do at the start of every day. I use lucky number, and harrowed.
Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 19
I drew the Tangled Briar. It is from the suit Shields (Con) and represents an ancient thing or creature which has a foul influence on the present.


Female Halfling Rogue (carnivalist) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -3 CMD: 11 | F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +8 | Perc +7 (+2 Ballis), SM +1 +2 Ballis, Diplomacy +5, Social +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Ballis | Active Conditions: None

Loris smiles. "I'm working on a trick that will turn Ballis HUGE! But, it's not quite perfected yet... I wish it was ready today!"


Female Rabbit Familiar (mauler) | HP: 5/5 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 7 | F:+1 R:+5 W:+1 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 50 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Ballis growls and gnashes her teeth at Dekonkar!


| HP: 14/14 | AC 21 (T12, FF 19) (Current: AC 15, T12, FF 13) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+1 (-2 vs. evil spells) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +1, Intimidate +9, Bluff -4, Diplomacy -2 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armour) | Omen: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"No story I would share with you," Echo replies rather bluntly to Dekonkar.


| HP: 6/8 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 (+1 vs. enchantments) | Init +4 (always act in surprise round) | Perc +2, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1, Harrowed (Tangled Briar: Shields): 1/1, Prescience: 7/7, Lucky Number (19): 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Dekonkar steeples his fingers. "Hmmm! I'll weasel it out of you one day! I love a good story!"


| HP: 14/14 | AC 21 (T12, FF 19) (Current: AC 15, T12, FF 13) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+1 (-2 vs. evil spells) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +1, Intimidate +9, Bluff -4, Diplomacy -2 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armour) | Omen: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"No. You won't."


| HP: 10/10 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. disease) | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +1, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | AoO: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Wren Sato was quick to finish his chores at the House of Blue Stones. Usually he was not so fast at getting those chores done, but he was excited to get out of the monastery for a change and explore the festival. Before heading out he checks himself over in the mirror. And nods at his reflection, satisfied at what he sees. With a grin he goes outside into Sandpoint.

During the festival Wren happily eats the tasty foods available, while remaining off to the side, watching as others enjoy the festivities.

Wren nearly choked on his food at the sight of the goblins. *COUGH COUGH COUGH!* After catching his breath he charges at the nearest goblin and gives it a solid kick to the head! The goblin falls to the ground dead.

Seeing only the others around, Wren grins. "Hey, great work guys! Let's do this!"

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Initiative:

Initiative: Dekonkar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7(always act in the surprise round)
initiative: Echo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Initiative: Loris: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Initiative: Ballis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Initiative: Wren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Initiative: Enemy - Warchanter: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Initiative: Enemy - Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Initiative: Enemy - Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Initiative: Enemy - Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Initiative: Enemy - Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

As the townsfolk flee and the last of the goblins fall dead, the eclectic group of heroes hears a strange sound... There's a disturbing giggling coming from behind the stage. Two torch-wielding goblins are trying to light the stage on fire! Behind them are two more goblins trying to light the church's doors on fire, and another goblin about to burn a nearby tent that's selling holy symbols. Off to the side is another goblin warchanter armed with a whip who is bossing around the other goblins.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act!
Loris (damage taken: 0)
Ballis (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (tent) (damage taken: 0)
Wren (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (stage) (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (stage) (damage taken: 0)
Echo (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (warchanter) (damage taken: 0)
Dekonkar (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
None.

PENDING
Loris and Ballis may take their turn!


Female Halfling Rogue (carnivalist) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -3 CMD: 11 | F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +8 | Perc +7 (+2 Ballis), SM +1 +2 Ballis, Diplomacy +5, Social +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Ballis | Active Conditions: None

"Ah! The stage! I need to save the stage!" Loris exclaims. "I'm coming to kill you goblins! You asked for it!"

Loris hurries over to the stage and leaps up on top! She aims her hand crossbow at one of the goblins and fires it!

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Piercing Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Rabbit Familiar (mauler) | HP: 5/5 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 7 | F:+1 R:+5 W:+1 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 50 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Ballis follows Loris and stands by her feet, growling at the goblins!


| HP: 6/8 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 (+1 vs. enchantments) | Init +4 (always act in surprise round) | Perc +2, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1, Harrowed (Tangled Briar: Shields): 1/1, Prescience: 7/7, Lucky Number (19): 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"AHHHH! Fire!" Dekonkar shrieks. He hurries forward.

I always get to act in the surprise round. Can I take a move action?

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Loris' well aimed bolt hits the goblin right in the heart! His eyes widen in surprise... then he falls over with a thud! His pal lets out a loud shriek of terror! Meanwhile, the goblin at the tent holds up his torch to the tent flap. It begins to smoulder and smoke!

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act!
Loris (damage taken: 0)
Ballis (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (tent) (damage taken: 0)
———
Wren (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (stage) (damage taken: 0)
———
Echo (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (warchanter) (damage taken: 0)
———
Dekonkar (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
None.

PENDING
Wren may take his turn!


| HP: 10/10 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. disease) | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +1, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | AoO: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Wren hurries foward, holding his longspear in one hand and drawing a dart in the other. Then he hurls the dart at the goblin near the tent.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Nasty goblins! get out of here!"

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Wren's well-placed dart strikes the goblin in the chest. With an ACK! and a groan he falls over in the road, bleeding all over the place. His dropped torch rolls to the side and comes to a stop right against the tent. The fabric of the tent supports start to smoke and smoulder... then starts to burn.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act!
Loris (damage taken: 0)
Ballis (damage taken: 0)
Wren (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (stage) (damage taken: 0)
———
Echo (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (warchanter) (damage taken: 0)
———
Dekonkar (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
None.

PENDING
Echo may take her turn!


| HP: 14/14 | AC 21 (T12, FF 19) (Current: AC 15, T12, FF 13) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+1 (-2 vs. evil spells) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +1, Intimidate +9, Bluff -4, Diplomacy -2 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armour) | Omen: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Echo strides calmly into battle with a serious -- almost scary -- look on her face. She raises her longsword high and brings it down on the goblins shoulder.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

The goblin shrieks and quickly steps to the side, dodging Echo's terrifying attack! Seeing how deadly that sword could have been, the goblin with the whip starts to babble in the goblin tongue, casting a spell at Echo.

Echo is overcome with the sudden urge... to laugh.

DC 12 Will Save or Echo is affected by hideous laughter!

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act!
Loris (damage taken: 0)
Ballis (damage taken: 0)
Wren (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (stage) (damage taken: 0)
———
Echo (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (warchanter) (damage taken: 0, spells used: 1)
———
Dekonkar (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
None.

PENDING
Echo needs a Will Save!
Dekonkar may take his turn!


| HP: 14/14 | AC 21 (T12, FF 19) (Current: AC 15, T12, FF 13) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+1 (-2 vs. evil spells) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +1, Intimidate +9, Bluff -4, Diplomacy -2 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armour) | Omen: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Despite her stern gaze Echo lets out a laugh.

No! she thinks.

She laughs again.

NO!

And then again! She laughs so hard she falls to the ground, rolls around in the dirt, and grabs her stomach. She keeps laughing even as the battle continues.

NOOOO! NOT AGAIN! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!


| HP: 6/8 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 (+1 vs. enchantments) | Init +4 (always act in surprise round) | Perc +2, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1, Harrowed (Tangled Briar: Shields): 1/1, Prescience: 7/7, Lucky Number (19): 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"This is not funny, Echo!" Dekonkar exclaims. "Are you a mad girl?!"

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"Oh, no! Hideous laughter! What a-- AH! FIRE!"

Dekonkar uses scoop to dump water on the tent!

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Dekonkar quickly puts out the fire. Meanwhile the two goblins near the church turn to take on their terrifying enemies. One goblin rushes up to Wren and burns him with a torch (provoking an attack of opportunity; Wren takes 1 fire damage) while the other rushes up to Echo and tries to light her on fire! Luckily, he laughing makes her surprisingly hard to hit!

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act!
Loris (damage taken: 0)
Ballis (damage taken: 0)
Wren (damage taken: 1)
———
Goblin (stage) (damage taken: 0)
———
Echo (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (warchanter) (damage taken: 0)
———
Dekonkar (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Echo: Hideous Laughter, 1 round

PENDING
Wren can take an attack of opporunity.
Loris, Ballis and Wren may take their turns!


Female Halfling Rogue (carnivalist) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -3 CMD: 11 | F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +8 | Perc +7 (+2 Ballis), SM +1 +2 Ballis, Diplomacy +5, Social +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Ballis | Active Conditions: None

Loris sings and hum happily to herself as she loads her crossbow and shoots a goblin right in the eye. She aims for the one trying to light Echo on fire.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Piercing Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Confirming a Critical - Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Extra Piercing Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Female Rabbit Familiar (mauler) | HP: 5/5 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 7 | F:+1 R:+5 W:+1 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 50 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Ballis bares his teeth and gets ready to bite anyone that comes near Loris.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. disease) | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +1, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | AoO: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Attack of Opp: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

---

Wren steps back beside Dekonkar and tries to skewer the goblin with his spear.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Rolls:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Loris deftly puts down another goblin, while Wren misses completely with his spear. Echo twists and contorts, struggling against the foul magic invading her mind. Finally she stops laughing. The goblin warchanter continues to sing her foul songs, inspiring the remaining goblins into a frenzy. As she sings she moves forward and casts another spell, this time at the amazing shot: Loris! DC 12 Will save or you fall to the ground laughing!

Goblin Song:
"Goblins race and goblins jump,
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!"

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act!
Loris (damage taken: 0)
Ballis (damage taken: 0)
Wren (damage taken: 1)
Echo (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (warchanter) (damage taken: 0)
———
Dekonkar (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Loris: Hideous Laughter, 0/2 rounds

PENDING
Loris must make a DC 12 Will save or she falls to the ground laughing.
Dekonkar may take his turn!


Female Halfling Rogue (carnivalist) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -3 CMD: 11 | F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +8 | Perc +7 (+2 Ballis), SM +1 +2 Ballis, Diplomacy +5, Social +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Ballis | Active Conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


| HP: 6/8 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 (+1 vs. enchantments) | Init +4 (always act in surprise round) | Perc +2, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1, Harrowed (Tangled Briar: Shields): 1/1, Prescience: 7/7, Lucky Number (19): 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Dekonkar uses his magic, drawing water from the well and dousing the goblin's torch.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The nearest goblin shrieks in anger as his torch goes out! It pulls out its dogslicer and steps up to the meddlesome wizard, trying to cut his tummy right open! But the goblin slips in a water puddle and misses Dekonkar! The other goblin climbs up onto the stage and waves his torch at Loris! The nimble halfling easily dodge the clumsy swing! Ballis may take its readied attack action!

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 3 - Bold may act!
Loris (damage taken: 0)
Ballis (damage taken: 0)
Wren (damage taken: 1)
Echo (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (warchanter) (damage taken: 0)
———
Dekonkar (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
None

PENDING
Ballis may take his readied attack against the goblin.
Loris, Ballis, Wren and Echo may take their turns!


| HP: 14/14 | AC 21 (T12, FF 19) (Current: AC 15, T12, FF 13) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+5 R:+2 W:+1 (-2 vs. evil spells) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +1, Intimidate +9, Bluff -4, Diplomacy -2 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armour) | Omen: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Echo climbs to her feet and picks up her sword, then she stares at the spell casting goblin seriously.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. disease) | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +1, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | AoO: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Wren steps back nimbly then thrusts his longspear at the goblin!

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Wren misses the nimble goblin! Wow, it sure is hard to hit short things!

Ballis may take his readied attack against the goblin.
Loris and Ballis may take their turns!


Female Rabbit Familiar (mauler) | HP: 5/5 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 7 | F:+1 R:+5 W:+1 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 50 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Readied Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1


Female Halfling Rogue (carnivalist) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -3 CMD: 11 | F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +8 | Perc +7 (+2 Ballis), SM +1 +2 Ballis, Diplomacy +5, Social +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Ballis | Active Conditions: None

Loris rolls to the side and away from the goblin, coming up gracefully to her feet. Then she reloads her crossbow.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Rolls:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Ballis chomps hard on the goblin's toe, causing him to howl in pain!

Goblin:
"Ouch! I eat you bunny!"

The singing goblin's eyes widen as Echo glares at her. Quickly, the goblin casts another spell! Echo is dazed and unable to act!

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 3 - Bold may act!
Loris (damage taken: 0)
Ballis (damage taken: 0)
Wren (damage taken: 1)
Echo (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (warchanter) (damage taken: 0)
———
Dekonkar (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (stage) (damage taken: 0, Nonlethal 1)
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Echo is dazed for one round.

PENDING
Dekonkar may take his turn!


| HP: 6/8 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 (+1 vs. enchantments) | Init +4 (always act in surprise round) | Perc +2, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1, Harrowed (Tangled Briar: Shields): 1/1, Prescience: 7/7, Lucky Number (19): 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Dekonkar takes a five foot step forward, completely ignores the goblin, and sends more water from the well flying onto the goblin's torch. Scoop

Concentration if the goblin stabs him: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The goblin stabs his little broken dagger into Dekonkar's arm! (Dekonkar takes 2 damage!) Thankfully, the wizard doesn't lose his concentration. His scoop of water douse another torch. With a mad cackle the goblin hops forward and tries to stab the quishy wizard again, but Dekonkar nimbly dodges.

Across the way a goblin waves his spear at Ballis and pokes him with it! Unfortunately, that's the torch that was just put out by Dekonkar! Ballis gets poked by a wet stick. ...He is not amused.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 4 - Bold may act!
Loris (damage taken: 0)
Ballis (damage taken: 0)
Wren (damage taken: 1)
Echo (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (warchanter) (damage taken: 0)
———
Dekonkar (damage taken: 2)
———
Goblin (stage) (damage taken: 0, Nonlethal 1)
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Echo is dazed for one round.

PENDING
Loris, Ballis and Wren may take their turns!

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Loris, Ballis, and Wren may go!


| HP: 10/10 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. disease) | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +1, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | AoO: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"Whoah! I'll get you yet!"

Wren thrusts his spear at the goblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Then he circles around to flank with Dekonkar.


Female Rabbit Familiar (mauler) | HP: 5/5 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 7 | F:+1 R:+5 W:+1 | Init +3 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 50 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Ballis hops away from the goblin, off the stage, and over to Loris. Then he turns and snarls at the goblin! He sticks out his tongue.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Female Halfling Rogue (carnivalist) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -3 CMD: 11 | F:+4 R:+7 W:+2 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +8 | Perc +7 (+2 Ballis), SM +1 +2 Ballis, Diplomacy +5, Social +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Ballis | Active Conditions: None

Loris loads and fires her crossbow at the goblin on the stage.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Piercing Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

Rolls:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d2 ⇒ 2

The goblin on the stage falls over, finally defeated by the small crossbow bolt sticking out of his nose! Deciding the two girls over there are dangerous, the singing goblin continues to chant a song while she hurries over to a nearby tent. Putting her back against the tent she pulls out a whip and cracks it at Dekonkar! It hits the wizard firmly in the butt with a loud CRACK! (2 non-lethal damage to Dekonkar!)

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 4 - Bold may act!
Loris (damage taken: 0)
Ballis (damage taken: 0)
Wren (damage taken: 1)
Echo (damage taken: 0)
———
Goblin (warchanter) (damage taken: 0)
———
Dekonkar (damage taken: 2, Nonlethal: 2)
———
Goblin (church) (damage taken: 0)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Echo is dazed for until her next turn.

PENDING
Dekonkar may take his turn!


| HP: 6/8 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 (+1 vs. enchantments) | Init +4 (always act in surprise round) | Perc +2, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1, Harrowed (Tangled Briar: Shields): 1/1, Prescience: 7/7, Lucky Number (19): 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Dekonkar takes a quick step up the steps onto the stage. "Ouch!" He turns to the goblin that just whipped him and waves his arms out at her. A blast of rainbow light explodes all over the goblin!

Color spray.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

MOVED TO A RL TABLE

Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Family Game - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.