Umpteenth Dragon's Demand Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Arthur Severance

Roll d20 Page
Rafaelis Reeves
Recruitment Thread Discussion
Silas Gribb
Map of Taldor
Werebats
The Deep Cave
Ettin Damage


901 to 950 of 1,040 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Rafaelis, disappointed that his ruse to draw the ettin after him and away from everyone else had failed, picks up an alchemical bandolier from a fallen goblin and inspects what he has picked up.


Rafaelis wrote:
Rafaelis, disappointed that his ruse to draw the ettin after him and away from everyone else had failed, picks up an alchemical bandolier from a fallen goblin and inspects what he has picked up.

The bandolier has four crude flasks that appear to contain alchemist's fire and two bags of goo that appear to be tanglefoot bags.

13. The ettin looks down at Albern. "What to do about you?" the right head asks. "Squeeze," replies the left head. The ettin reaches down and scoops up Albern. As she does so, she drops the water club, which vanishes. she also momentarily drops her guard. Albern gets an attack of opportunity, as the ettin does not have improved grapple.

Jebline's Grapple Check vs. Albern's CMD 17 (normal 14, -1 for fatigue, +4 for giant type): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

The ettin grabs Albern in her arms and raises him above the Boulder. "Ah, got you!" the left head shouts!

11. Brethon, seeing his opening, stands and steps around Albern. Brethon had readied to stand and step when he could do so without provoking an attack of opportunity. Since he ended up readying for an attack, he now comes after the ettin in the initiative order. Brethon is currently unarmed and therefore neither threatens nor provides a flank.

Denge is next, followed by the staggered goblin dog, Albern, Professor Bellerophon, and Bear'f.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

Denge will grasp the master work scythe that had fallen from his numb and unconscious hands and will stand(and provoke from green goblin.)

If he is still alive he thinks to cast a dazing spell on the ettin, but then remembers that this spell only works against weaker creatures and would not work against this monstrosity.

Daze Spell up to 4 hit dice

He 5 foot steps into the flank with Brethon and attacks to aid, wildly whooping and swinging his bloodied scythe.

Attack to Aid: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Thinking that is not enough, Denge screams at the top of his lungs and scrapes his master work scythe along the stone creating a small shower of sparks-- hopefully distracting the blood thirsty ettin
Reroll

Attack to Aid: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12

If successful, benefits conferred to Brethon, +2 for flank +2 for attack to aid= +4 to hit


Joe, if the goblin hits you, and it gets a +4 and your AC is 10, you're going back down. You could combat cast that daze. If it works, you'll be able to stand. Either way, you can't pick up an item (a move-equivalent action), stand (a second move-equivalent action), and attack to aid (a standard action), this round. Which of the actions do you want to take?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rage 0/7; fatigued Bldrgr 1 | (Raging)| HP 16/16 (18/18) | AC:17 (15) T13 (11) FF:17 (15); +4 dodge vs. giants | Fort +5 (7), Ref +2, Will +1 (3) +2 vs. illusion spells or effects | Init:+2 | Perception: +2

Albern swings but just misses as the giant grabs for him.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

He gives out a small squeak as he is lifted off his feet.

Uh, ok Mr Brethon. There you go., in response to the man's earlier request.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

Denge thinks about it and decides to cast defensively, rather than stand immediately.

DC to cast defensively = 15
Defensive casting: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Denge's spell fizzles..

He reaches for his scythe at least determined to provide a flank one last time before he is killed.

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)
Denge Fevor wrote:

Denge thinks about it and decides to cast defensively, rather than stand immediately.

DC to cast defensively = 15
[dice= Defensive casting] 1d20 + 3 + 1

Denge's spell fizzles..

He reaches for his scythe at least determined to provide a flank one last time before he is killed.

Dont forget the free reroll Art granted each of us. Unless you used it already?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)

Professor Bellerophon watches as yet another comrade is in mortal peril. Hardly knowing the gnome he doesn't feel terror at his approaching Dornish death, but rather at the terrible might of the ettin and what it can (and will!) do to HIM if it gets a chance.

He calls up his years of experience as a professor of arrogant and entitled Pharasmin clerics, puffs out his chest and steps forward. Using his imperious and confident Professor's Voice, he commands the ettin, "Drop him, Jebline!"

Five foot step to bring the ettin within 30ft. Command (Will DC13) spell. I took some poetic license with the wording. The PRD says simply "Drop." Hope that's ok.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

You are right, I used it in my alternate universe!

Defensive Casting: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Spell still fizzles..

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)
Denge Fevor wrote:

You are right, I used it in my alternate universe!

[dice = Defensive Casting]1d20+3+1

Spell still fizzles..

The Dice Roller doesn't like us this time.


Denge Fevor wrote:

Denge thinks about it and decides to cast defensively, rather than stand immediately.Denge's spell fizzles..

He reaches for his scythe at least determined to provide a flank one last time before he is killed.

When Denge drops his guard to pick up his scythe, the goblin attacks! Green Goblin Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (melee attack vs. prone target) Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Denge falls unconscious. His blood drips from the Boulder.

Please make a DC 13 Con check to stabilize at the end of Denge's turn.

15. The woozy, heavily wounded goblin dog lunges at Bear'f.
Orange Goblin Dog Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
It misses and collapses!

End of round twelve.


In the Verduran Forest, Taldor; In combat with an ettin and a goblin - Oathday, 2 Gozran, 4715 A.R.

Round Thirteen

Initiative Order

Albern (fatigued, grappled)
Professor Bellerophon
Bear'f
9. Green Goblin (down 2 hp)
Rafaelis (down 3 hp, blurred)
13. Ettin (down 66 hp, bloodied, grappling)
11. Brethon (down 29, bloodied)
Denge (down 14 hp, at -4, unconscious, prone and dying [if Denge stabilizes when he rolls the round 12 stablize check, this entry will instead be down 13 hp, at -3, unconscious, and stable])

Albern is next, followed by Professor Bellerophon (who Derek has indicated will be casting command) and Bear'f.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

Con Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rage 0/7; fatigued Bldrgr 1 | (Raging)| HP 16/16 (18/18) | AC:17 (15) T13 (11) FF:17 (15); +4 dodge vs. giants | Fort +5 (7), Ref +2, Will +1 (3) +2 vs. illusion spells or effects | Init:+2 | Perception: +2

Albern tries to strike the ettin with his flail as the giant holds him up by his head, but his flail simply swishes back and forth. It seems hopeless, held as he is a giant-arm's length away.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Denge's breathing calms and he stops bleeding. He remains unconscious, but it appears he has cheated death, for now.

Professor Taldus Bellerophon wrote:

Professor Bellerophon watches as yet another comrade is in mortal peril. Hardly knowing the gnome he doesn't feel terror at his approaching Dornish death, but rather at the terrible might of the ettin and what it can (and will!) do to HIM if it gets a chance.

He calls up his years of experience as a professor of arrogant and entitled Pharasmin clerics, puffs out his chest and steps forward. Using his imperious and confident Professor's Voice, he commands the ettin, "Drop him, Jebline!"

Five foot step to bring the ettin within 30ft. Command (Will DC13) spell. I took some poetic license with the wording. The PRD says simply "Drop." Hope that's ok.

It's not only okay, it's terrific roleplaying!

Jebline's Will Save DC 13 vs. command: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

The ettin laughs at the command with her left head. Her right head replies, "Oh, I will be dropping him. Have no doubt."

Bear'f is next, followed by the last goblin.

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Druid (Nature Fang)

”It still Lives!” Bear’f moves swiftly away and then fires an arrow…

Free action: 5’ step north
Standard action: firing arrow at Goblin Dog1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


I'm sorry, Dan, I didn't make it clear enough. The goblin dog, by taking a standard action while staggered, dropped to -1 hp and is now dying. Feel free to change your action. Otherwise, you're shooting a dying goblin dog.

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Druid (Nature Fang)

”More Goblins!” Bear’f moves swiftly, studies his target and then fires an arrow…

Free action: 5’ step southwest
Move Action: Studied Target (Goblin) (+1 To Hit, Dmg and know checks)
Standard action: firing arrow at Goblin 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 = 131d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

No precise shot


Bear'f wrote:
”More Goblins!” Bear’f moves swiftly, studies his target and then fires an arrow…

The goblin dodges out of the way!

9. He then steps around the wrestling ettin and gnome to attack Brethon!
Green Goblin Primary Dogslicer Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 12 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Green Goblin Offhand Dogslicer Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 5 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

He hits! Brethon is staggered but remains standing!

Rafaelis is next, followed by the ettin.

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

Rafaelis moves to get a better angle on the ettin and lobs a Tangle Foot Bag at her. "Persistence is the key to success."

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 2 - 4 = 4
Duration: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Re-roll
Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 2 - 4 = 10

"That was a terrible idea." He mutters.


Rafaelis Reeves wrote:
Rafaelis moves to get a better angle on the ettin and lobs a Tangle Foot Bag at her. "Persistence is the key to success." "That was a terrible idea." He mutters.

The bag of goo splatters at the feet of the ettin.

Reflex Save DC 15 vs. Tanglefoot Bag: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22 (grappling)

The goo entangles the ettin, but does not cement her to the top of the Boulder.

The ettin now has both the entangled and grappling conditions.

13. The ettin's right head growls. Her left glares at Rafaelis. She attempts to drag Albern toward the edge of the Boulder.
Grapple Check to Move Albern: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 2 = 22 (entangled)
She carries him to the side of the Boulder and drops him over the side.
Falling Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Albern is scraped up and prone, but suffers no serious injury.

11. Brethon summons a club into his hand. His muscles swell and the takes a swing at the goblin next to him.
Brethon's Club Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
The blow connects with the goblin's left shoulder with a terrible crunch. Brethon collapses, but the goblin remains standing.
Brethon's DC 11 Con check to stabilize: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Brethon lies bleeding and unconscious on the top of the Boulder.

Denge is stable and in delay until he is restored to consciousness.

End of round thirteen.


In the Verduran Forest, Taldor; In combat with an ettin and a goblin - Oathday, 2 Gozran, 4715 A.R.

Round Thirteen

Initiative Order

Albern (down 2 hp, fatigued, prone)
Professor Bellerophon
Bear'f
9. Green Goblin (down 11 hp, bloodied)
Rafaelis (down 3 hp, blurred)
13. Ettin (down 66 hp, bloodied, entangled)
11. Brethon (down 32 hp, at -2, prone, unconscious, dying)
Denge (down 13 hp, at -3, prone, unconscious, stable)

Albern is next, followed by Professor Bellerophon and Bear'f.


Rage 0/7; fatigued Bldrgr 1 | (Raging)| HP 16/16 (18/18) | AC:17 (15) T13 (11) FF:17 (15); +4 dodge vs. giants | Fort +5 (7), Ref +2, Will +1 (3) +2 vs. illusion spells or effects | Init:+2 | Perception: +2

Land on footsies and twist an ankle? I think I know I'm going to fall

acro-yoga aerial professional wrestling: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Albern lands squarely on his backside. Fortunately for him, he is a bit bouncy like many gnomes tend to be. He picks up and begins crossing back over the river.

8 more rounds and I won't be fatigued!


Albern Fee wrote:
Albern lands squarely on his backside. Fortunately for him, he is a bit bouncy like many gnomes tend to be. He picks up and begins crossing back over the river.

Although we're using a map with water on it, there's no water in the ravine, just wet leaves.

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)

"Bear'f, Rafaelis! Concentrate your fire on that goblin!" shouts the Professor as he runs down southward to get a better angle on his downed friends. As he moves, he loads his crossbow.

He calls again on the Lady of Graves, praying she sees fit to heal his friends.

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 5

He can't reach a point where he can heal both Denge and Brethon, unless he also heals the goblin. At least not this round. So... better the goblin than the ettin. He moves and heals Brethon and Rafaelis and Denge and Albern (and Bear'f who doesn't need it). I created two new 30ft radius templates in blue. Light blue is a template centered on the center axis of four squares. The dark blue is centered upon a full square. I also turned on the Roll20 30ft aura around Professor Bellerophon. Sadly, it is circular, not an actual block template. But its cool. :)


Professor Taldus Bellerophon wrote:

"Bear'f, Rafaelis! Concentrate your fire on that goblin!" shouts the Professor as he runs down southward to get a better angle on his downed friends. As he moves, he loads his crossbow.

He calls again on the Lady of Graves, praying she sees fit to heal his friends.

Once gain, Professor Bellerophon watches the healing blue light spread out and wash over his allies. Rafaelis and Albern are fully healed. Brethon's eyes flutter open. Denge's eyes flutter open, too. The eyes of the goblin on the Boulder widen in surprise as he is healed, and the goblin dog at the base of the Boulder [Orange] awakens.

Professor Bellerophon has now channeled energy twice in an area replete with dying goblins, adepts, outriders, and goblin dogs. This time, to save myself an hour of going back through to determine where each goblin was, how far below zero it fell, and whether it died, stabilized, or is still dying, I'm going to rule that only the orange goblin dog, the one that was staggered and dropped itself by attacking Bear'f, is coming back. Next time...let's just say that you see several goblins and goblin dogs are healing in Pharasma's light and are on the verge of regaining consciousness. Some of them have now regained 11 hp, others only 5 or 6, so some may be merely feigning unconsciousness as they ascertain the situation....

Bear'f is next.

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)

Oh s#&+! I COMPLETELY forgot about the previously killed (?) goblins who might not be DEAD DEAD.

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)

From now on, when I see an enemy on the ground, CdG! and I don't mean Charles de Gaulle them.

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Druid (Nature Fang)

”Of course Professor” Bear’f moves swiftly and then fires an arrow…

Free action: 5’ step northeast
Standard action: firing arrow at Goblin 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 4 = 41d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
No precise shot.


Bear'f wrote:
”Of course Professor” Bear’f moves swiftly and then fires an arrow…

Unfortunately, the arrow misses!

9. The goblin, noticing Brethon was healed, attacks!
Green Goblin Primary Dogslicer Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 (vs. prone target) Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Green Goblin Offhand Dogslicer Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 (vs. prone target) Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The first attack misses. The second hits, but doesn't do enough damage to take Brethon back down!

Rafaelis is next, followed by the ettin.

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

Rafealis, speechless from what Taldus just did, moves and hurls a tanglefoot bag at the goblin knowing that his chances are slim.

Range Touch: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 4 = 12

duration: 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (4) = 6


Rafaelis Reeves wrote:
Rafealis, speechless from what Taldus just did, moves and hurls a tanglefoot bag at the goblin knowing that his chances are slim.

The tanglefoot bag sails past the goblin and gets caught high in the branches above the Boulder.

13. The ettin leaves Denge's side, crashes past Brethon, and leaps off the Boulder to land next to Rafaelis. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity from Denge (prone, unarmed), Brethon (prone, unarmed), and Rafaelis.

Jebline's Acrobatics Check DC 15 to avoid damage and falling prone: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 = 16 (entangled)

Despite the goo on her, she lands on her feet, heavily, at the base of the Boulder. She takes a last step toward Professor Bellerophon. "You're next....after him," her right head says, looking at the Professor while her left arm points at Rafaelis.

She then reaches into the bag at her side and pulls out (another? the same?) watery club, grasps it in both hands, and levels it at Rafaelis. "Care to try that again?" the right head asks.

Drawing the weapon also provoke attacks from Rafaelis, if he is armed and has combat reflexes. The step does not, as it is part f the movement that provoked the first possible attack of opportunity, above. Jebline normally has 40' of movement, but due to the tanglefoot bag only moved 20'.

11. Brethon conjures his own club, causing his muscles to ripple once more. Then he stands.
Green Goblin's Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 ⇒ 6 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
The goblin takes a swing at him while he stands, but misses him.
Brethon's Club Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 1) + 14 = 19
Brethon's blow staves in the goblins head. It topples to the ground, obviously dead.

"Thanks, Professor," he says.

Denge is next, followed by the goblin dog, Albern, the Professor, and Bear'f.

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

Rafaelis has a crossbow in his off hand so he does not threaten.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

Dried blood in both of Denge's ears, he reaches for his Scythe(move) and then Stands (standard) a little wobly on his feet he surveys the battle. His eyes come into focus and he remembers where his is and what he must do.

He edges toward the side of the boulder 5 foot step


The goblin dog rises and tries to bite Albern.

Goblin Dog Bite Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

If the goblin dog survives the attack of opportunity it just provoked from Albern, it misses.

End of round thirteen.


In the Verduran Forest, Taldor; In combat with an ettin and a goblin dog - Oathday, 2 Gozran, 4715 A.R.

Round Fourteen

Initiative Order

Albern (fatigued)
Professor Bellerophon
Bear'f
Rafaelis (blurred)
Ettin (down 66 hp, bloodied, entangled)
Brethon (down 28 hp, bloodied)
Denge (down 8 hp, prone)
Goblin dog (down 8 hp)

Albern is next, followed by Professor Bellerophon and Bear'f.


Rage 0/7; fatigued Bldrgr 1 | (Raging)| HP 16/16 (18/18) | AC:17 (15) T13 (11) FF:17 (15); +4 dodge vs. giants | Fort +5 (7), Ref +2, Will +1 (3) +2 vs. illusion spells or effects | Init:+2 | Perception: +2

Albern moves to grab the bardiche dropped earlier. be a bit before I can move myself oon the map


Albern Fee wrote:
Albern moves to grab the bardiche dropped earlier. be a bit before I can move myself oon the map

The goblin dog bites at Albern as he moves away!

Goblin Dog Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
However, Albern easily evades the attack.

I'm not exactly sure where the bardiche was dropped or I'd move you. We'll assume the move until you get a chance to move your token.

Professor Bellerophon is next, followed by Bear'f.

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

Albern has yet to take his AOO on the rat-dog thingy.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]
GM Art Severance wrote:
Denge (down 8 hp, prone)

Art, Denge picked up his weapon, stood, and five foot stepped.


Rage 0/7; fatigued Bldrgr 1 | (Raging)| HP 16/16 (18/18) | AC:17 (15) T13 (11) FF:17 (15); +4 dodge vs. giants | Fort +5 (7), Ref +2, Will +1 (3) +2 vs. illusion spells or effects | Init:+2 | Perception: +2

AoO before move

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Looks like it gets an AoO on me as I go for the polearm.


Denge Fevor wrote:
Art, Denge picked up his weapon, stood, and five foot stepped.

Sorry, I forgot to update the status for that, but I did get the rest of it.


Albern Fee wrote:
Looks like it gets an AoO on me as I go for the polearm.

It already took its one AoO, and missed, when you moved away from it to get the polearm.

Professor Bellerophon is next, followed by Bear'f.

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Druid (Nature Fang)

Bear'f On Deck:

”Mr. Reeves, Watch out!” Bear’f moves swiftly, studies his target and then fires an arrow…

Free action: 5’ step east
Move Action: Studied Target (Jebline) (+1 To Hit, Dmg and know checks)
Standard action: firing Thistle arrow. at Jebline's 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 = 181d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 ⇒ 6 rounds of Bleed
No precise shot. The -4 to Dex for being Entangled, are we including this in our to hit or are you adjudicating this?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)
Jebline wrote:
She takes a last step toward Professor Bellerophon. "You're next....after him," her right head says, looking at the Professor while her left arm points at Rafaelis.

Professor Bellerophon's eyes widen at the ettin's words. He feels his bowels loosen and the stench of gut-turning fear fills the air.

"Oh Pharasma save me!" he cries. He bolts straight to the boulder and the dangling rope and begins scrambling up the rock. His soft academic's hands scrape and tear on the rough hemp rope, leaving behind flecks of bloody skin in his haste to get away from the two-headed horror.

Climb DC5: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

I moved Doc Bell 15ft to the rope, and then the rest of his move (45ft) will be spent ascending the rope. Next round he'll spend 15ft going up.

Art: to prep my coming actions, I'm wondering where the other dying-but-not-dead goblins and goblin dogs are. I'm trying to recall, but I believe most of the goblins were down in the northern end of the ravine. I'm trying to position a Channel up on the boulder where it won't revive foes. I've put the dark blue template where I'm thinking. Can you tell me if any foes would be within that indicated 30ft radius?

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

Rafealis says,"Brethon, this creature cannot see in total darkness, I suggest that you take that quarrel at your feet and cover it. We can avoid her in the dark while our slyph friend, who will still be able to see, snipes her to death. It will still not be easy as she has an acute sense of smell to go along with her acute stench."

Rafaelis will perform a full withdrawal directly east.

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)

Would stepping on the arrow be considered a move action? If so, Brethon could 1) Delay until just before the ettin; 2) move to cover the arrow, then 3) ready his Standard Action to uncover the arrow once the ettin's turn is over. This would allow us to turn off the lights for Jebline's turn and turn them back on for ours. I'm sure I'm missing something. Can't be this easy. Of course, the ettin would eventually get wise and in later turns refuse to act, readying an action for when the light comes back on.

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

This is my hope entirely. If the ettin chooses to delay or ready an action, then Bear'f can just shoot her again and again.


Professor Taldus Bellerophon wrote:
Art: to prep my coming actions, I'm wondering where the other dying-but-not-dead goblins and goblin dogs are. I'm trying to recall, but I believe most of the goblins were down in the northern end of the ravine. I'm trying to position a Channel up on the boulder where it won't revive foes. I've put the dark blue template where I'm thinking. Can you tell me if any foes would be within that indicated 30ft radius?

Only one goblin died on top of the Boulder, and no goblin dogs. The one goblin that died is very clearly dead, as Brethon staved its skull in.

The rules for burst effects, which channeling energy is says total cover blocks a burst. Therefore, if you channel energy at the top of the Boulder, you will only affect targets on top of the Boulder (currently Brethon and Denge, and yourself once you're up there). Some goblins and goblin dogs did die at the base of the Boulder, close to where the ettin is standing now. Squares immediately adjacent to the Boulder have full cover from the top of the Boulder (and vice versa). So no foes in those spaces will be healed. Creatures two squares from the base of the Boulder will have something less than total cover and will be healed. Where the template is now, I'm ruling that there was one goblin dog down in the ravine where the tree trunk crosses the stream on the map (neither the trunk nor the stream is there). I believe that's where the goblin dog went down. If you channel on top of the Boulder and hit that square, the dog will be back up.


Bear'f wrote:

”Mr. Reeves, Watch out!” Bear’f moves swiftly, studies his target and then fires an arrow…

The -4 to Dex for being Entangled, are we including this in our to hit or are you adjudicating this?

As it is a penalty to the ettin, rather than a bonus to you, I am taking it into consideration when determining the ettin's AC against an attack. You should not calculate it in your rolls. I assume your roll is -4 for shooting into combat and that you did not include either the ettin's dex penalty (-4, therefore -2 to her AC, or the bonus to her AC from the cover the goblin dog provides (+4). The following adjudication is made under that assumption.

Bear'f's arrow sails past the ettin.

Brethon covers the light. It's dark. Only Bear'f can see.

Denge is next, followed by the last goblin dog [Orange].

901 to 950 of 1,040 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Umpteenth Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.