Umpteenth Dragon's Demand Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Arthur Severance

Roll d20 Page
Rafaelis Reeves
Recruitment Thread Discussion
Silas Gribb
Map of Taldor
Werebats
The Deep Cave
Ettin Damage


401 to 450 of 1,040 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

Rafaelis picked up his lantern and moves east at half speed trying to get away from Adula, the negative enegry and the darkness.

Spell Craft Darkness: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

"What is this effect Rafaelis thinks to himself? Whatever it is I don't like it one bit."

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

Rafaelis, about to move away changes his mind at the last second, he takes a 5' step, readies his crossbow and orders, "Nex! Geb! Attack!" Let's just hope this helps and not sending these lovely dogs to their doom. " If anyone can actually see in this stuff, please help direct my dogs."
Handle Animal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The handle animal check succeeds with Geb but not with Nex as he is wounded and the DC increases from '10' to '12.'

I assume that Geb will proceed at half speed and will use perception combined with scent to locate his quarry. He will go after either the nearest opponent and or the least intimidating one, which would be Adula, who is the smaller of the two targets.

Perception (Geb): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Geb's ears perk up, he sniffs, growls, and lunges through the inky blackness, barking as he goes. Finding his quarry, which was only ten feet away, he attempts to savage her.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Miss Chance (50%): 1d100 ⇒ 29
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Geb fails to connect on multiple levels! But does help with locating Adula by his noise.


Everyone hears Mr. Gribb draw a weapon from the wagon compartment.

Geb obeys and finds Adula, but is unable to bite her.

Denge is next (technically before Geb), then Brethon, then Albern.

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)
Rafaelis Reeves wrote:
The handle animal check succeeds with Geb but not with Nex as he is wounded and the DC increases from '10' to '12.'

unable to look at roll20 right now. Is nex within 30 feet of Prof Bell? Did he get healed?


Yes, everyone but Rafaelis and Geb got healed (not that either of them were injured). According to my notes, Nex is only down 1 hp following that healing.

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)
GM Art Severance wrote:
Yes, everyone but Rafaelis and Geb got healed (not that either of them were injured). According to my notes, Nex is only down 1 hp following that healing.

Soooo, does that improve the Handle Animal DC, enabling Nex to attack?


Professor Taldus Bellerophon wrote:
Soooo, does that improve the Handle Animal DC, enabling Nex to attack?

Alas, no, he's still wounded. See Animal Handling.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

The world goes dark... again.

Whispering to himself.. "But I am still conscious."

Perception check to see if Denge can figure out where Adula was last

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Fires his crossbow at that spot

Crossbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Miss Chance, Low is bad

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 91

Move action to reload.


Denge Fevor wrote:

The world goes dark... again.

Whispering to himself.. "But I am still conscious."

Denge knows where Adula is. He saw where she stepped to create the darkness and heard where Geb attacked her.

Denge Fevor wrote:

Fires his crossbow at that spot = 10

Miss Chance, Low is bad = 91

The bolt bites into Adula's side and she cries out in pain!

Please roll for damage!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

Whoops!

Damage from light crossbow bolt

Bolt Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Albern, your turn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rage 0/7; fatigued Bldrgr 1 | (Raging)| HP 16/16 (18/18) | AC:17 (15) T13 (11) FF:17 (15); +4 dodge vs. giants | Fort +5 (7), Ref +2, Will +1 (3) +2 vs. illusion spells or effects | Init:+2 | Perception: +2

Albern steps directly east, summoning his courage to swing.

You can't scare me with the dark! I haven't been been afraid of the dark since I was forty years old

Despite the boast, his hammer only finds the empty air.

low bad: 1d100 ⇒ 31
hammer time!: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17

Albern figuring out his age...
40 + 4d6 ⇒ 40 + (2, 5, 4, 3) = 54

Rage round 2

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Rafaelis sounding anxious, "That sounded like a crossbow being fired and then Adula screaming. Was that a silvered bolt or a normal one? Could anyone tell us? This is vital information!"


Brethon says, "It wasn't me." He moves forward slowly, summoning a club into his hand. Then he swings it at her.

Club Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Club Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Miss Chance, low is a miss: 1d100 ⇒ 19

However, due to the darkness he misjudges the swing.


In Combat with Two Werebats, Round Three, On the path from Maheto to Belhaim, Taldor - Wealday, 1 Gozaran, 4715 A.R.

The modified initiative order is:
Bear'f
Hanull and Adula
Professor Bellerophon
Bray and Tark
Rafaelis
Mr. Gribb
Denge
Geb and Nex
Brethon
Albern

Penelope has disapppeared. Denge has 7 hp. Nex has 5 hp. The other individuals travelling with the caravan are uninjured.

Adula is wounded. Hanull is in dire bat form and is both prone and entangled. Hanull is uninjured.

The area around the campfire is shrouded in darkness. Bear'f can see due to his extraplanar ancestry. Tark and Rafaelis can see because they are outside of the area, but they cannot see into the area.

Bear'f is next, followed by the werebats.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

Denge says with grim determination "It was my crossbow, it was a non-silvered ordinary bolt."

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Druid (Nature Fang)

Mr Gribb, any silver arrows?

Move to the weapons locker... Look in the locker for some silver arrows... Maybe if I've a standard left use one to shoot Adula?


"Arrows? No, Maheto doesn't produce arrows."

Bear'f needn't move over if that information would change his action. Denge just indicated that a normal, non-silver crossbow bolt injured Adula.

Knowledge Local or Nature DC 12:
Lycanthropes only get damage reduction in their animal and hybrid forms, not their humanoid forms.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

"These werebats only gain resistance from normal weapons when in beast form, strike now!"

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Druid (Nature Fang)

No silver arrows! Oh well I’ll use a thistle one instead! Bear’f pulls a strange looking arrow from its quiver and aims right for Adulla…

Move Action: Studied Target to the Adulla (+1 To Hit, Dmg and know checks)
[ooc] Miscellaneous Action: Five foot step away from Were-Bat

Standard Action: using a thistle arrow 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (+ 1 bleed dmg per round for 1d6 ⇒ 4)

Thank you Art…


Bear'f wrote:
No silver arrows! Oh well I’ll use a thistle one instead! Bear’f pulls a strange looking arrow from its quiver and aims right for Adulla…

The thistle arrow strikes true! Bear'f sees it. Everyone else hears it. Adula collapses with a croak in swelling pool of her own blood.

Bear'f wrote:
Thank you Art…

You're very welcome. I miss stuff all the time in this format myself.

Unseen by most, the animated rope has stopped moving.

Hanull stands and bites at the gnome at his side, but misses.

Hanull's Bite Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 4 = 23 Miss Chance, low is a miss: 1d100 ⇒ 41 Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (6, 3) = 18

It is Professor Bellerophon's turn, then the halflings.

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)

"Denge! Where are you? cries Professor Bellerophon. He recalls where he last saw Denge and moves toward him.

If he finds Denge, he casts CLW on him.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

On Rafaelis's turn, he will move 15' west towards Adula's body and lay ahold of part of it such as an arm, leg, or hair in preparation for him dragging it away the next round, "I will make Hanull work to get them both out if he decides to flee," Rafaelis thinks to himself

Geb will continue his attempts to savage Adula's body, "Grrr, grrr, grrr!"

Miss Chance Low Bad (50%): 1d100 ⇒ 11
Attack (Geb): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Geb misses again!


We're waiting on Denge. If he doesn't post by this evening, I'll put him in delay tomorrow morning and continue the combat.

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

No, we're waiting on Bray and Tark (aka you), followed by me, Gribb then Denge. We were waiting on Taldus.


Rafaelis Reeves wrote:
No, we're waiting on Bray and Tark (aka you), followed by me, Gribb then Denge. We were waiting on Taldus.

I am so sorry, my mistake! I had it in my head that we were waiting on Denge. I'll post this evening.


After the Professor slowly moves toward Denge and heals him, Bray slowly makes his way over to Adula, and Tark moves toward his wagon and opens a compartment.

Rafealis then also makes his way through the darkness. When he reaches Adula, he grabs one of her arms.

Mr. Gribb calls out, "What's going on? Is the beast dead?"

Denge is up, followed by Geb, Nex, and Brethon, then Albern.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

Denge fires his loaded crossbow, knowing it will be less than optimally effective

Miss Chance, low is bad
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 25

Attack Crossbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Denge will 5 foot back(away from Hanull) and reload his crossbow.


Geb attacks but misses. Nex remains by the fire as instructed.

Brethon steps over Adula and moves to Hanull's side. He tries to strike the downed bat in the dark.

Brethon's Club attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Miss chance, low is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 12 Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Cursing the darkness, Brethon misses. He calls out, "Albern, circle to the other side of the thing!"

Albern is up, then Bear'f.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)

May I recommend, given the horrible dice% rolls, that WE DECLARE miss chance, high is bad? Of course, now all the dice will roll high. <sigh>


Or do something about the darkness spell that's causing you to have to roll the misses. Fortunately, the bat is having trouble with it, too. It was Adula who could deal it out in the dark.


Rage 0/7; fatigued Bldrgr 1 | (Raging)| HP 16/16 (18/18) | AC:17 (15) T13 (11) FF:17 (15); +4 dodge vs. giants | Fort +5 (7), Ref +2, Will +1 (3) +2 vs. illusion spells or effects | Init:+2 | Perception: +2

Albern takes a best guess and strikes.

I think the remaining one was to the east of where I am now? do you want a perception check?

low bad: 1d100 ⇒ 58
hammer time!: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

He then sighs deeply as his energy begins to run out...

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)
GM Art Severance wrote:
Or do something about the darkness spell that's causing you to have to roll the misses. Fortunately, the bat is having trouble with it, too. It was Adula who could deal it out in the dark.

Well, not sure we have anything to dispel darkness. My light won't counter it, since darkness is a higher level spell than light, right?


Rage 0/7; fatigued Bldrgr 1 | (Raging)| HP 16/16 (18/18) | AC:17 (15) T13 (11) FF:17 (15); +4 dodge vs. giants | Fort +5 (7), Ref +2, Will +1 (3) +2 vs. illusion spells or effects | Init:+2 | Perception: +2

Is there an aasimar in the house!


Spellcraft Check DC 12 or Intelligence Check DC 10:
Darkness spells are cast upon objects. Covering the object or placing it in a container will suppress the emmanation.

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Druid (Nature Fang)

”Albern, sorry about this, I’ll heal you shortly…” Bear’f pulls a flask from his belt pouch and throws it at Hanull… ”Incoming”

Retrieve a flask of Alchemist’s fire and throw it at Hanull 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Denge knows he does not have a spell to counter the magical darkness.

"Does anyone have a way to counter the darkness?"

"Even a lesser spell will reduce the darkness."

"If anyone knows the target of this darkness spell, if we cover it, it will stop the darkness for as long as the object is covered."

To see if Denge knows which(if any) object was the target of the darkness spell.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Bear'f wrote:
Bear’f pulls a flask from his belt pouch and throws it at Hanull… ”Incoming”

Flaming goo coats Hanull. His high-pitch screech sends everyone's ears ringing. Flames engulf Hanull. A bit of the goo splashes onto Albern, burning him, too, but he does not catch fire.

Albern takes 1 point of fire damage.

Hanull attempts to take Adula's body from Rafaelis.

Opposed Strength Check by Hanull: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Opposed Strength Check by Rafaelis: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Hanull pulls Adulla from Rafaelis' grasp and leaps into the sky.

You hear his great, leathery wings flapping just over Professor Bellerophon's head. Denge could reach out and touch them. Bear'f can see the great bat just west of him, in the direction of the canal, about 10' in the air.

The bat is adjacent to Denge, the Professor, and Bear'f, in the air above the Professor, and flying northwest. He is on fire and carrying Adula. The Professor is up.


Rage 0/7; fatigued Bldrgr 1 | (Raging)| HP 16/16 (18/18) | AC:17 (15) T13 (11) FF:17 (15); +4 dodge vs. giants | Fort +5 (7), Ref +2, Will +1 (3) +2 vs. illusion spells or effects | Init:+2 | Perception: +2

Does that means I actually attacked the right spot?


Albern Fee wrote:
Does that means I actually attacked the right spot?

The post didn't correct the right spot, but Hanull was making a lot of noise and was directly southeast of Albern, so Albern knew where he was. However, I forgot that Albern might be attacking with a silver weapon, and the damage was not enough to bypass damage reduction. Was it the gnome hook hammer that Brethon retrieved? Assuming it was...

The tiny gnomish hooked hammer slammed into Hanull. He screeched in pain. Bear'f saw the hammer connect and inflict a significant wound on Hanull's side.

If we were playing 4th edition, Hanull would now be bloodied.


Denge Fevor wrote:
To see if Denge knows which(if any) object was the target of the darkness spell.

Denge didn't see the object, but conjectures it must be quite close to the fire, along a line between the fire and where Adula was standing when she cast the spell.

I've placed a barrel in the square where the object must be and given it minor illumination so everyone can see it.


Rage 0/7; fatigued Bldrgr 1 | (Raging)| HP 16/16 (18/18) | AC:17 (15) T13 (11) FF:17 (15); +4 dodge vs. giants | Fort +5 (7), Ref +2, Will +1 (3) +2 vs. illusion spells or effects | Init:+2 | Perception: +2

It was the mithral hooked hammer


Albern Fee wrote:
It was the mithral hooked hammer

Got it. I'm sorry about the oversight. That's what I get for adjudicating while dealing with an Adventurers League spat at the same time.

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

Rafaelis speaks out with authority in his voice,"Hanull! Think on this! If you flee now she bleeds to death! If you surrender, she can be saved! Her life or death is on your foolish head."

"Mr Toughtoe I suggest that you ready yourself. Once Hanull becomes visible, you take your shot, unless of course he surrenders. He just pulled the body of Anula away from me and it sounds like he is heading in the direction of the canal. I on the other hand will try to slow him down."

Dark Archive

Male Varisian Wizard 1

on Rafealis's turn

Rafaelis moves his hands in a quick, very precise pattern (for those who can see) while speaking strange words. He finishes and points with his left index finger. A coruscating ray lances out (again for those who can see) in the direction of the fleeing lycanthrope,"It's a shot in the dark, All Seeing One guide my magic."

Miss Chance, Low is unfortunate (50%): 1d100 ⇒ 83

Ranged Touch (Ray of Enfeeblement, DC 16 Fort for half: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Strength penalty, 1 round: 1d6 ⇒ 6

No fun in Mudville tonight!

"Foolish Rafaelis!' He mutters, "The All Seeing One does not coddle his followers!"

He also moves 15' northwest

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric (Merciful Healer) 1 (8/8hp; AC 15 / T 11 / FF 14; F +3, R +2, W +5; Init +1, Perception +2, Diplomacy +5, Heal +11, Kn(A,R,H) +7, Kn(N)+9)

Professor Bellerophon, confused, hunkers down, covers his head and hopes no flaming
lycanthropes fall on him.

Delay


Adula's Con check to stabilize, DC 12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

The flow of blood from Adula's body dripping on Professor Bellerophon in the darkness subsides.

Tark takes a final, desperate pot shot at Hanull.

Hand Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Miss chance, low is a miss: 1d100 ⇒ 33

His bolt flies wide and lands near the towpath.

Bray draws, loads, and fires his hand crossbow as well.

Hand Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Miss chance, low is a miss: 1d100 ⇒ 32

His bolt also flies wide, landing beyond Albern and Brethon's tent.

Rafaelis then takes his shot with a spell, but also misses.

Mr. Gribb stumbles about, looking for the object on which the darkness spell was cast. He narrowly avoids burning himself in the fire, which he can only sense from its heat and crackling. He throws himself to the ground, and suddenly all is light!

"My eyes, my eyes!" he cries.

You all see the great dire bat hanging in the air just above Professor Bellerophon's head, bearing Adula in its hind claws, flying toward the canal.


In Combat with Two Werebats, Round Four, On the path from Maheto to Belhaim, Taldor - Wealday, 1 Gozaran, 4715 A.R.

The modified initiative order is:
Bear'f
Hanull and Adula
Professor Bellerophon
Bray and Tark
Rafaelis
Mr. Gribb
Denge
Geb and Nex
Brethon
Albern

Penelope has disapppeared. Denge has 7 hp. Nex has 5 hp. The other individuals travelling with the caravan are uninjured. Mr. Gribb is prone, covering a pebble emitting darkness. Everyone can see normally.

Adula is unconscious but stable. Hanull is in dire bat form and is carrying Anul. He is flying. He is bloodied.

Denge is next, followed by Geb, then Brethon and Albern.

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Druid (Nature Fang)

Adula has bleed damage that is still on going from the thistle arrow...

Hanull is on fire and will need to make use a full round action to extinguish the flames...

Grand Lodge

Male Human Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10| AC 12 / T 12 / FF 10 | F +4, R +2, W+5 (+2 special) | Perception +4, Init +1 | [dice=Attack Scythe]1d20 +0[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d4 [/dice] [dice=Attack Crossbow]1d20+1[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8 [/dice]

Denge, so close to the werebat, pulls his masterwork Scythe and swings for the fences.

Attack Scythe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

401 to 450 of 1,040 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Umpteenth Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.