To Judge a Soul, Part 2: Karma Reclaimed (Inactive)

Game Master Psyblade

Handouts


1 to 50 of 284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Since the death of Venture-Captain Bakten Shengrah, New Oppara has been in mourning. The heavens echo the city’s grief, bestowing shrouds of inky storm clouds on the city, rolling down from the Zi Ha Mountains to the north. On orders from the Lantern Lodge, all local Pathfinders have cloistered themselves within the samsaran guru’s sanctuary, combing his libraries for clues that might explain the strange resuscitation of Bakten’s candle of conveyance, for none of the sages of Amanandar can explain how the candle still burns when Bakten’s soul has departed.

As the black clouds hurl blizzards from above, an unlikely source of aid appears at the sanctuary’s gates: an elderly elven noblewoman stumbles in, frostbitten and half-delirious. “I came to atone,” she cries, “Bakten was once Malash—a hero. But what was Malash next? That evil woman! I loathed her so. I thought she stole my love’s heart, and blamed her next life, Bakten, too! But if he knew nothing of his own veiled life?” Her ancient hands clutch a weather-beaten scroll case, as if it were a lifeline. “Tell me he is not dead, please!” She begs, “If Bakten is fallen, I fear the shrouded one may rise and doom us all!”

Scarab Sages

aasimar hp: 22/22 ac: 18 (ff:18; touch 10) Fort +4;ref +2; will+ 8. chan7/7 2d6 dc 14 Diplomacy + 11 Perception + 13 Heal + 11 Knowledge religion + 9

What! the soul disapear? What happening!

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Disguise Kit: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Erlathan spends a few moments applying foundation, eyeliner, and donning a purple wig, in hopes to hide his monstrous features, yet it seems his efforts are in vain, as he comes off looking more than a clown than anything else.

"Please, my lady," Erlathan steps forth. "Let us help you. Maybe he's not fallen. Maybe we can learn more. What is that scroll case you hold? Surely nothing magical?" His voice sounds honest, yet his eyes scream curiosity.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barbarian 3 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD 17| HP 34/34 (6 Temp)| F +6 R +3 W +4 | Init +1, Perc +9, Sense Motive +1 |
Spoiler:
Rage rounds 0/10 used

Isn't that a bluff? Bakten is dead according to the text in Psyblade's post.

Asuran lets the other elf handle the elf, even if this lady elf lacks the tentacles that Erlathan has taught Asuran that elves come with.

Silver Crusade

Half-Elf Professional 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 18 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | +2 vs enchantements, charms and compulsions | Immune to sleep | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Ki: 1/3
Asuran of Valashmai wrote:
Isn't that a bluff? Bakten is dead according to the text in Psyblade's post.

Not necessarily, since his soul seems to linger into the material plane.

Xavilon grieves for the sudden departure of the Samsaran. He fears however that his next life will not be one of purity given the brutal death.

"Nothing is sure, my lady. His soul seems to linger in this plane, however. Fear not, we shall do everything that is in our possibilities to find out, understand and repair what happened!" he says with a stern but firm tone.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 24/24;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Madam, consider myself at your service.

Scarab Sages

aasimar hp: 22/22 ac: 18 (ff:18; touch 10) Fort +4;ref +2; will+ 8. chan7/7 2d6 dc 14 Diplomacy + 11 Perception + 13 Heal + 11 Knowledge religion + 9

"Please calm and explain. Bakten have had a missing in late life. That why he called us. "

dip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

"What exactly do you mean by the shrouded one? I'm not quite certain I understand the intricacies of how these reincarnations work in spite of our recent adventures."

Liberty's Edge

The woman turns to the pathfinders and they recognize her as Lady Ishigo Shiori. She turns to Kun Ling to answer his question “Jujanil, the evil creature who stole my love’s heart. I was certain that she was one of Bakten’s past lives, a being of the same soul, but now I am not so sure. I made a terrible mistake, and now we may be doomed.” Sighing for a moment she hands over a piece of paper to the pathfinders before speaking again “What if this ‘other soul’ she speaks of is Malash—and Bakten? What if Jujanil were somehow separated from her other incarnations and is waiting, now, for Bakten’s soul to leave, before she can arise?”

Knowledge (geography or history) DC15:

The Black Grave Tower is a secluded pagoda of black basalt high atop the Wild Peaks of Zi Ha. Locals shun the tower, believing it to be haunted.

Knowledge (geography or history) DC20:

When the pagoda was built, a pilgrimage of crimson-clad priests traveled the lone mountain pass to christen the tower in the name of the Lord of Envy, the god Fumeiyoshi.

Knowledge (geography or history) DC25:

The funds for the pagoda’s construction came from the Mata house in Jinin, although a raven-haired samsaran supposedly oversaw its completion.

Knowledge Religion DC10:

Fumeiyoshi, Lord of Envy, is one of the 20 prominent deities of Tian Xia. He was once known as the God of Night. However, he grew jealous of his brother Tsukiyo’s love for the goddess Shizuru. This envy led him to fratricide, and
he became the patron of dishonor, envy, graves, and undead.

Knowledge Religion DC15:

Fumeiyoshi often manifests to his worshipers as a nearly skeletal crimson humanoid with three eyes, jagged tusks, and twisted claws. His unholy symbol is a red demonic face, and his sacred animal is a wolf, sometimes shown devouring a freshly killed hare, the sacred animal of his brother Tsukiyo. His favored weapon is the naginata.

Knowledge Religion DC20:

Envious of the living, Fumeiyoshi grants eternal unlife to his most devoted servants.

Knowledge Religion DC25:

Fumeiyoshi loathes samsarans, as their souls evade his clutches through reincarnation. An undead samsaran would be a favored follower of the dark god

For the piece of paper see the handout

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Kn. Geography: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Erlathan nabs the paper and traces his finger along it as he reads it. "Ah, the Black Grave Tower, a secluded pagoda high atop the Wild Peaks of Zi Ha. We should probably be careful if we go there, as even the locals shun the place, believing that it's haunted."

He continues, "As for the Lord of Envy, the note is referring to Fumeiyoshi - one of the 20 prominent deities of Tian Xia. He was once known as the God of Night. However, he grew jealous of his brother Tsukiyo's love for the goddess Shizuru. This envy led him to fratricide," he pauses as he tightens his lips, "and he became the patron of dishonor, envy, graves, and undead."

"I suppose we're to visit this haunted place," he says with a sigh.

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barbarian 3 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD 17| HP 34/34 (6 Temp)| F +6 R +3 W +4 | Init +1, Perc +9, Sense Motive +1 |
Spoiler:
Rage rounds 0/10 used

"No," Asuran says, "We do not visit this place. Why should we? When we were young, before we joined the Great Game of Kurgess, Blind Grandmother tells us to not mess with things that do not die right. Spirits and Ghosts, she hang poultices and broke eggs to protect us from this. These spirit people do not die right. Even the spirit people avoid this place? Haunted by the Lover of Graves, Fumeiyoshi? No, this is foolishness."

"What can we do against ghosts? Nothing, I say."

Asuran is scared of ghosts

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 24/24;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Know Geography: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Know History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Know Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Did you know that when the pagoda was built, a pilgrimage of crimson-clad priests traveled the lone mountain pass to christen the tower in the name of the Lord of Envy, the god Fumeiyoshi? Fumeiyoshi often manifests to his worshipers as a nearly skeletal crimson humanoid with three eyes, jagged tusks, and twisted claws. His unholy symbol is a red demonic face, and his sacred animal is a wolf, sometimes shown devouring a freshly killed hare, the sacred animal of his brother Tsukiyo. His favored weapon is the naginata. Envious of the living, Fumeiyoshi grants eternal unlife to his most devoted servants, according to religious lore.
It seems that the funds for the pagoda’s construction came from the Mata house in Jinin, although a raven-haired samsaran supposedly oversaw its completion. Or so I heard, or read, somewhere.
Maragali, the noble elf lady who requested me for some..private entertainment, was a real fountain.

After a few seconds worth of silence, he adds quickly
Of knowledge. A real fountain of knowledge.

Silver Crusade

Half-Elf Professional 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 18 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | +2 vs enchantements, charms and compulsions | Immune to sleep | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Ki: 1/3

Not a specialist of this all and knowing almost nothing, Xavilon only nods at Lady Shiori.

"I'm ready for visiting graves. However, do we need special equipement to harm the departed souls that might return to life?" he asks, cautiously.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"What's wrong, Asuran? You don't like ghosts? Are you... Scared?" Erlathan moves up to whisper in the nagaji's ear. "Fumeiyoshi's a big scary crimson skeleton.. With three eyes, jagged tusks, and twisted claws. Three eyes, Asuran! THREE!" He turns and darts behind Jobin while giggling like a child. "You wouldn't hit a priest, would you?"

Scarab Sages

Male human (Tian-Shu) monk (drunken master, sensei) 3 |hp: 7/21 ac: 19 (ff:16; touch 19)| Fort+5;Ref+6; Will+9| Perception + 10 |Init +2 |Advice 6/8 |Ki Pool 7/7 + (1/1 drunken)

"Ghosts are not easy beings to understand. Fear of the unknown would only be natural."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

aasimar hp: 22/22 ac: 18 (ff:18; touch 10) Fort +4;ref +2; will+ 8. chan7/7 2d6 dc 14 Diplomacy + 11 Perception + 13 Heal + 11 Knowledge religion + 9

religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 A flash of Silver light surround Jobin while reading the note. "So a part of Bakten's had became an undeath."Say with seriousness the Pharasma's envoy. "Thank you Lady. Fate as given you the best weapon for your vengeance. As for you follow Pathfinders, you must listen to me. And as I see "He looks to Asuran."I am the specialist in this."
Jobin turns to Xavillon. " To fight undeath, you need holy water or positive energy, a mace, a Sword, protection against fear, paralysis, disease.
For ghost, a magic weapon is necessary for fighter. A one time magic item exist for doing full damage.to them but it cost 300.

Arcane caster should have their mage armor, Shield and force energy.
His attention returns to Lady Shiory . "But we may have bigger problems. Lady, what is the situation in the clans,? are you the one who had sent ninja against Bakten? Tell us all you can about this women." -Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 24/24;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Maybe we should buy some holy water. I've always wonder why there wasn't some holy beer, or holy wine. Probably so the followers of Caiden, like me, don't drink it.

Scarab Sages

aasimar hp: 22/22 ac: 18 (ff:18; touch 10) Fort +4;ref +2; will+ 8. chan7/7 2d6 dc 14 Diplomacy + 11 Perception + 13 Heal + 11 Knowledge religion + 9

"Divine follower of Cayden can create alcool at Will, poison into alcool but blessing a good wine would.be such a waste."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Lady Ishigo Shiori regards the pathfinders as they share their knowledge with each other and slowly frowns. "I urge you to go to the Black Grave tower, the storms that are being mentioned in the letter are proof that there is a samsaran, a malevolent one is preparing to make his appearance and end his hibernation... I beg you to help me, and not only me but also for the sake of Lord Ryuu, I believe his is magically enthralled by Jujanil. Also, if you do so, it might explain what happened to Bakten, they seem to be linked to each other.." She waited for a few seconds "will you?"

Scarab Sages

aasimar hp: 22/22 ac: 18 (ff:18; touch 10) Fort +4;ref +2; will+ 8. chan7/7 2d6 dc 14 Diplomacy + 11 Perception + 13 Heal + 11 Knowledge religion + 9

"Miss... I am Priest of Pharasma... And I think this Ju could more of a psychic, but if you think this is magic..."

Please Pharasma, not psychic vampire

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Half-Elf Professional 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 18 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | +2 vs enchantements, charms and compulsions | Immune to sleep | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Ki: 1/3

Xavilon nods and turns towards the other to bark "No time to waste. Let's go!"

And the half-elf bows in front of Lady Shiori before taking his leave with a hurried pace.

To the adventuuuure!

Scarab Sages

Male human (Tian-Shu) monk (drunken master, sensei) 3 |hp: 7/21 ac: 19 (ff:16; touch 19)| Fort+5;Ref+6; Will+9| Perception + 10 |Init +2 |Advice 6/8 |Ki Pool 7/7 + (1/1 drunken)

"Agreed. I think we should get going."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

aasimar hp: 22/22 ac: 18 (ff:18; touch 10) Fort +4;ref +2; will+ 8. chan7/7 2d6 dc 14 Diplomacy + 11 Perception + 13 Heal + 11 Knowledge religion + 9

"Slaying a psychic undeath would be a new thing."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nagaji Barbarian 3 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD 17| HP 34/34 (6 Temp)| F +6 R +3 W +4 | Init +1, Perc +9, Sense Motive +1 |
Spoiler:
Rage rounds 0/10 used

The lizard-man bolts up from a seated position after Erlathan's taunts. He swears in Nagaji, and then says in Common, "Do not mock the spirits. When I draw upon my primal rage, I can feel their power flow through me. They are dangerous. When I rage, I am dangerous. Remember that, elf."

"I have magic stick to beat ghosts, I imagine." he pats his +1 lucrene hammer

Liberty's Edge

Lady Shiori nods and then motions to a few of her retainers and within minutes they return and hand to each of the pathfinders a Cold Weather outfit, Seeing no obvious familairs she nods before producing a map of where the tower is located. Finally she hands over a single bone hite arrow, upon closer inspection it will be an arrow of slaying (Undead). “No such creature hails from the realm of the living. With this arrow’s purity, may you fell the beast that has vexed me for so long. Do this for me and help free my love from this monster’s thrall.”

Knowledge Arcana (DC 15):
the tower is located at the intersection of two ley lines.

Last chance to do some shopping in New Oppara, will continue tomorrow evening to give everyone time for some last minute shopping

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 24/24;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

The tower, strangely, is located at the intersection of two ley lines, it seems. It can be useful to know. i will buy a few holy water flasks, who wants some?

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Erlathan, now thoroughly intimidated of Asuran, walks in a way that allows him to always have an eye on the nagaji. "It was just a misunderstanding. I don't like spirits any more than you do," he pleads.

He purchases three vials of holy water. "Ley lines are typically highly magical conduits. They carry energy and even psychic impressions. As foreboding as this place sounds, I find myself excited at the possibility of examining these currents of energy! There is so much to learn."

Going with Enlarge Person, Summon Monster 1, Burning Hands, and Protection from Evil.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

2 PP wand of Endure elements. Then convince someone to use it on everyone. 100 GP for 2 potions of protection from evil.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 24/24;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

buy 4 flasks of holy water, 4*25 GP

Liberty's Edge

If people can put their characters next to the map so that I can position on where you arrive

With everything bought the pathfinders make their way to their designation, upon arrival they find a crude wooden sign juts from the ice at the foot of a natural stair formation. Beyond, the mountain’s ridge drops away suddenly.

Fortitude save from each of you

Laguange/Lingusitics Aklo (text on the sign):
“Turn back, for the world as you know it ends here.”

Survival DC 14:
three sets of large humanoid footprints leading onwards

Below are some mechanic rules, so keep those in mind, it is a copy paste so ignore the area

High Pass Altitude Zone:

Area A lies more than 5,000 feet above sea level, where the air is thin. Treat the PCs’ exposure to high altitudes prior to arriving at area A1 as a 4-hour trek. When the PCs arrive at area A1, have each PC attempt a DC 19 Fortitude save. PCs who fail their saving throws are fatigued for the scenario’s duration. Note that sleeping does not remove this condition, although some magic, such as a paladin’s mercy or a potion of lesser restoration, can remove the fatigue for 1 hour. The additional time it takes PCs to overcome the obstacles between areas A1 and B6 can vary; however, unless they rest, assume the PCs reach area B6 within 1 hour. Thus, before the PCs enter the portal, they must succeed at one additional DC 20 Fortitude save or become fatigued. See page 430 of the Pathfinder Core Rulebook for more information about altitude fatigue.

Strong Winds:

Areas A1, A2, and A3 are subject to strong winds that extinguish nonmagical flames and impose a –2 penalty on ranged attack rolls and Perception checks. See page 439 of the Core Rulebook for more information about wind effects.

Severe Cold:

Areas A and B are below 0º F. Assuming the PCs are wearing cold weather outfits, have them attempt Fortitude saves at the same times as they save against altitude fatigue, and against the same DCs (see above). Any characters who fail take 1d6 points of nonlethal damage and become fatigued. If any PCs or companions are not wearing cold weather outfits, consult page 442 of the Core Rulebook for more information. The PCs can use Survival to gain bonuses on their saving throws (Core Rulebook 107), or can negate the effects of the cold entirely with spells such as endure elements.

Whiteout:
Finally, areas A1, A2, and A3 contain whiteout conditions blocking vision beyond 5 feet, as per fog (Rulebook 439). Creatures move at half speed and take a –4 penalty on Dexterity checks and Dexterity based skill checks as well as vision-based Perception checks. Creatures native to cold environments or with the cold subtype take only half these check penalties, but still move at half speed. Creatures with snow vision are unaffected by whiteout conditions. These rules were originally presented on page 66 of Pathfinder Adventure Path #51: The Hungry Storm.

Scarab Sages

aasimar hp: 22/22 ac: 18 (ff:18; touch 10) Fort +4;ref +2; will+ 8. chan7/7 2d6 dc 14 Diplomacy + 11 Perception + 13 Heal + 11 Knowledge religion + 9

fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

aasimar hp: 22/22 ac: 18 (ff:18; touch 10) Fort +4;ref +2; will+ 8. chan7/7 2d6 dc 14 Diplomacy + 11 Perception + 13 Heal + 11 Knowledge religion + 9

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
"Look, large footprints."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Half-Elf Professional 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 18 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | +2 vs enchantements, charms and compulsions | Immune to sleep | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Ki: 1/3

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"Hm. It's getting a lot colder, isn't it?" says the half-elf, shivering like a dead leaf on the autumn wind.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Kun Ling used Endure Elements on everyone prior to departure. Thanks Kun Ling.

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Erlathan notices he's out of breath as the air thins around him. "Ugh, I knew I should've stayed at the archives today. I'd complain about the cold too, but our drunken monk here has solved that little problem. A nice touch with that wand, rudimentary but effective, if I do say so myself." He examines the sign. "It's rather crude. I'm not really sure what it says. Ether way, I think I'll feel safest right here," he hurriedly finds a comfortable spot at the back of the party.

Scarab Sages

Male human (Tian-Shu) monk (drunken master, sensei) 3 |hp: 7/21 ac: 19 (ff:16; touch 19)| Fort+5;Ref+6; Will+9| Perception + 10 |Init +2 |Advice 6/8 |Ki Pool 7/7 + (1/1 drunken)

Hoping endure elements cancels out any severe cold. Can't help with the altitude.

survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Usually I just depend on a good drink to keep warm." Kun Ling takes a swig. "Today seemed more cold than usual, and others tend to prefer a more magical protection."

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barbarian 3 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD 17| HP 34/34 (6 Temp)| F +6 R +3 W +4 | Init +1, Perc +9, Sense Motive +1 |
Spoiler:
Rage rounds 0/10 used

fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"Stupid spirit people, we are fools to risk our lives for them..." Asuran grumbles.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 24/24;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Survival, Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Human warmth does the trick for me, usually. But I agree it's very cold up here.

Liberty's Edge

I have put people on the map

When you move onwards a sudden drop signals the end of one range and the beginning of another. Far below, the cracking squawk of shifting ice answers the thunder in the sky above. A rope bridge extends across the gap, flapping like a flag in the relentless winds. The far end is shrouded in spirals of snow. This rope bridge crosses a river 30 feet below. Teardropshaped floes of ice normally drift downstream, although a recent avalanche deposited a huge pile of packed snow directly beneath the bridge.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 24/24;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Know Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Lukaas looks at the bridge, trying to determine if it's safe to cross

Liberty's Edge

The bridge looks sturdy enough, however crossing it might be a challenge due to the wind that is blowing atm... Reflex save DC 12 to cross

Silver Crusade

Half-Elf Professional 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 18 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | +2 vs enchantements, charms and compulsions | Immune to sleep | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Ki: 1/3

Xavilon looks left and right and tries to pass, resisting the wind.

Ref save DC 12: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 24/24;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Lukaas follows, but nearly falls, as he was maybe a little too cocky while crossing the bridge

Well... beware.Maybe you should tie yourselves before crossing

Scarab Sages

Male human (Tian-Shu) monk (drunken master, sensei) 3 |hp: 7/21 ac: 19 (ff:16; touch 19)| Fort+5;Ref+6; Will+9| Perception + 10 |Init +2 |Advice 6/8 |Ki Pool 7/7 + (1/1 drunken)

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Kun Ling takes very slow and deliberate steps, making sure not to sway or stagger as he crosses.

Scarab Sages

aasimar hp: 22/22 ac: 18 (ff:18; touch 10) Fort +4;ref +2; will+ 8. chan7/7 2d6 dc 14 Diplomacy + 11 Perception + 13 Heal + 11 Knowledge religion + 9

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Jobin is not very agile.

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barbarian 3 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD 17| HP 34/34 (6 Temp)| F +6 R +3 W +4 | Init +1, Perc +9, Sense Motive +1 |
Spoiler:
Rage rounds 0/10 used

Asuran attempts to cross the bridge

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

If Jobin is like, knocked off the bridge by the wind, can I attempt to catch him?

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"You mean you're just going to go marching onto a decrepit looking bridge? Come on, be careful" Erlathan stays well back from the others, tiptoeing across the bridge.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Oops, I thought I'd applied my mage armor. I had not. I will read off a scroll of mage armor before I cross, just in case.

Liberty's Edge

Just before Jobin sets food on the bridge a Yeti appears on the other side, with Xavilon, Kun Ling and Lukaas crossing the bridge the creature takes hold of the bridge and starts to shake it...

Yeti shaking bridgge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Opposed str check to remain on the bridge

Initiative Yeti: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiative Erlathan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Initiative Asuran of Valashmai: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Initiative Jobin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Initiative Xavilon Starnon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Initiative Lukaas: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative Kun Ling: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Initiative Order (Bold can act):
Jobin (Fatigued)
Erlathan (Fatigued)
Xavilon (Fatigued)
Kun Ling
Asuran
Lukaas
Yeti

Silver Crusade

Half-Elf Professional 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 18 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +7 | Will: +3 | +2 vs enchantements, charms and compulsions | Immune to sleep | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Sense Motive: +5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Ki: 1/3

Oh wow, it's not going to be easy :D

Opposed str, fatigued: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 15

I suppose that I fall?

1 to 50 of 284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Judge a Soul, Part 2: Karma Reclaimed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.