The Library of the Lion - Team Omega (Inactive)

Game Master Luke_Parry

Current Complex Map


351 to 400 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Also, feel free to give me Perception checks to search the room for non-clue stuff...

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

K
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Perception?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Sovereign Court

Finishing the search in the big room:

Card Catalogue:
This aging card catalog system notes where one might find various types of
information. The reference is somewhat dated and inaccurate.

Clue: Use this clue to learn how many clues or texts remain in any two rooms.

Magical Assistance:
Some of the bookshelves bear a minor enchantment that aids researchers, such as briefly granting the benefits of read languages or creating an unseen servant to aid in collecting documents.

Clue: After the PCs roll skill checks to find documents, any of them may reroll the check before learning the result.

Searching the secret room:

Cryptic References:
This text is a mess of esoteric poetry and obscure riddles. One of these entries describes a silver horn once used by Taldor, which seems to be hidden somewhere in southern Brevoy. Spending considerably more time analyzing the poem may reveal additional hints about this horn and its location.

------------------

Additionally, when Tophor searches the room, he discovers the following:

The large lion carving is stylistically similar to the Guardian, but it conceals an unlocked secret door! The stone step below the door has four shallow, cylindrical recesses that are the same size as the base on each of the six freestanding statuettes scattered about the room.

It would appear that the step acts as a combination lock—though rather than locking the door, it seems ready to trigger some other device should someone open the door without disarming it.

Each miniature lion is portrayed in a different way to symbolize a particular virtue. One crouches as if preparing to ambush its prey. The second is roaring as it leaps at prey. The third wears a yoke that is chained to a large block that the lion strains to pull. The fourth wears a tiny pair of spectacles and reads from an ornate scroll. The fifth is draped in the flag of Taldor. The sixth sits erect and wears a crown.

You can try to solve the puzzle, or simply try to use Disable Device to pass it. The check has a pretty high DC, though...

2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

The clues to this one has being given by the GM. Someone has to skim through the remaining posts to get it out I suppose. I'm sitting this one out.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Already kind of figured that one out already Alden. Gimme a bit and I'll get on my computer and figure out the combination. But should we head out already since our 120 minutes are up?

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor
Luke_Parry wrote:
...the western statue’s book actually any words: a column of words that reads “Innovation, respect, knowledge, courage, integrity, honor, excellence, glory” in that order.

my first thought was this list, from the first puzzle/entrance, but there are 8 tpoics, not 6. Still, maybe they fit somehow?

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

"Could the ambush equal Innovation? Roaring equate to Courage? The yoke to Honor? The bespectacled lion to Knowledge? The flag to Glory, and the
crown to Respect?"

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Hyrgan makes a good point. We are, in fact, out of time.

Sovereign Court

Solving the puzzle does not, strictly speaking, take time - if you open the door successfully, you can have a quick Perception check to notice *something specific* before you leg it... So there is definitely a reason to do it :-)

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Actually, I was thinking it had something to do with the clues or the plaques that we found but I haven't figured it out yet.

Sovereign Court

Take your IRL time to sort it out - there is no rush :-)

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

I am rereading everything again too.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP
Luke_Parry wrote:
These small and simple quarters are sparsely decorated with only simple furniture and a stoic portrait of Grand Prince Stavian III. Below the portrait is a brass plaque, which reads: “In the end, loyalty is its own reward.”

Loyalty, probably the flag one is last.

Luke_Parry wrote:
A plaque beneath the portrait reads: "“A cunning lie is never told twice”.

Cunning is second, probably the crouching one.

Luke_Parry wrote:
a portrait of the Grand Prince hangs to east, surveying everything in the room with magisterial authority. Underneath the portrait is an inscription, which reads: "Persevere, Persevere, Persevere!".

To persevere is probably the one pulling the block.

It looks like we did not get the clue from the first portrait.

Luke_Parry wrote:
Simple but colorful tapestries hang along the north wall, giving the room a bright appearance despite the lack of sunlight and the dour portrait of Grand Prince Stavian III affixed to the south wall.

We are in a library, I vote the one reading as we don't really have time to go back and look

Wadreskus explains what he saw and suggests I vote that we put the reading one in the first hole, the crouching one in the second, persevere is mentioned 3 times so is probably third, and finally, in the end is loyalty the one with the flag. The only one I am not sure on is the reading one but it is my best guess as we are in a library.

Sovereign Court

The missing one, for the dour portrait, is “To serve Taldor, I must first learn the history of Taldor.”.

Sovereign Court

Let me know if you follow Wadreskus' suggestion :-)

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

I definitely want to look this over. I won't really be able to go over this and post for a few hours, though.

Sovereign Court

No worries! Take your time :-)

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

Anaduno nods. Good memory, Wadreskus. I like your plan.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

I think that the first one said something along the lines of, "To serve Taldor, I must first learn the history of Taldor.” Which kind of confirms what I guessed. The spectacled one should be first.

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

I'm guessing that "Persevere, persevere, persevere!" is third.

It looks like this is the order so far:

  • Spectacles and scroll
  • Crouching
  • Yoked
  • ???
  • ???
  • Draped in Flag

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP
Quote:
The stone step below the door has four shallow, cylindrical recesses that are the same size as the base on each of the six freestanding statuettes scattered about the room.

There are only four holes.

Wadreskus places the statues in the holes in the following order:

Spectacles and scroll
Crouching
Yoked
Draped in Flag

Sovereign Court

There is a grinding noise, and the door opens!

In the chamber beyond, chests of expert craftsmanship line the walls, and on the far side of the room stand two bookshelves burdened with yellow-paged tomes and sundry ancient trinkets. Banners and tapestries cover nearly every inch of the walls, each representing long-dead nations or depicting conflicts left not chronicled.

Standard rules for searching for clues; if you wish to do so, however, please note that it will take 20 minutes to do so, which will *definitely* be well beyond the allowed time.

If you don't want to search for clues, you can still give me Perception checks to notice something special before you leg it :-)

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 + detect magic.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Lol, seriously I'm not trying to one up you there Wadreskus.

Sovereign Court

Hidden amongst the neatly piled stacks, *both* Hyrgan and Wadreskus manage to spot a a heavy bronze shield decorated with a lion’s head in the same style as the Guardian’s. The shield has little intrinsic value (and is utterly non-magical), but might serve as a receptacle for the Guardian’s essence...

Let me know what you want to do next :-)

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Sovereign Court

Tophor *also* spots the shield ;-)

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Hurray!

"That must be it. The vessel for the guardian. I don't know how we can smuggle it out. Maybe it will fit in with Alden's armor?"

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

Sounds like a plan to me.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"I can keep it with my armor or my pack." Alden replies in return.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

"Then let's do that. We need to hurry and go back to the Guardian and show him what we found and get out of here."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"Let us do so then." Alden agrees.

Sovereign Court

Alright, then :-)

When you bring the shield out, the Guardian is suitably impressed.

"Ah, excellent! You are indeed a resourceful bunch - that shield is exactly the sort of thing that I was looking for; it once carried an enchantment similar to my own. Bring it here for a moment..."

The Guardian gingerly grasps the shield in its mouth and concentrates for a minute. As it does so, the shield’s patina recedes leaving a bright and burnished surface. The inside of the shield also bears the inscription “Glorymane”.

"This shield is now a part of me - it will act as a second set of eyes and ears, finally allowing me to experience the outside world. It will also now contains a spark of awareness, allowing me to assist the bearer, provided that the cause is just, or the glory is great!"

Taking the shield and hustling, you make it back upstairs, close the secret door, and pick up your cards...

...scant seconds before the librarian pokes in his head!

You had 30 seconds remaining by the time you got back to the original room ;-)

"I am sorry, but you *really* need to go now. Did you find what you were looking for?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

"Well, if we haven't at least found most of it, I doubt we can be given any extra time. So we thank you for letting us search in peace." Hyrgan slightly bows toward the librarian.

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

"Ha! A fantastic read. Thank you for the opportunity to peruse your collecton." Anaduno snaps the book shut, and stands to depart.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"Yes. We're ready to go." Once he has poke his head out Alden will keep his cards If we haven't already and leave quietly with the shield on his back.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

Did we just get an intelligent item?

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

I think we have. By the name of Glorymane at that.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

That 2 hours spent rereading every post was sooo worth it now.

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Brother Tophor hastily scribbles notes from a passage of Order Saccharomycetales: Diverse Specimens of Golarian - Vol. III as the librarian ushers them out. "So little time! Where did it go?!"

Gathering his things, his disappointment is evident as he abandons the tome.

Sovereign Court

Leaving the Academy, the party is able to make its way back to the Lodge, where Venture-Captain Muesello excitedly welcomes you back, and eagerly listens to what you were able to find.

The hitherto unknown facts about the Shining Crusade excite him to no end, and he is relieved to learn that the party was able to conduct their business without incident, and more importantly, that the Letter the party was given did not need to be surrendered to the authorities.

Muesello sends the party's discoveries about the Shining Crusade to the Grand Lodge, which studies them in detail, writes up a report, and sends it to Mendev in the hope of providing the Mendevian Crusade an extra edge
against the invasion that threatens all of Golarion.

Alright! Congratulations on finishing the scenario, without alerting the Lion Blades to your ongoing presence :-)

To give everyone a summary:

Members of the Grand Lodge faction completed their faction mission.
Everyone receives maximum gold (510 for in-tier characters, 1200 for out-of-tier characters).
Everyone receives 1 prestige.
Everyone receives access to a spiffy intelligent shield :-)

Chronicles should go out in the next 24 hours :-)

If you have 'Day Job' rolls, feel free to give them to me as well.

Everyone please post your IRL name, and PFS character details in thread, or PM them to me.

Additionally, everyone can give me a 'd20' roll for the possibility of winning a boon :-)

Boon Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 1.

Lastly, it has been a pleasure gaming with all of you :-)

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Day JobPerform (String): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Boon Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 2
IRL Name: Joshua
Hyrgan 112554-1
Do you need IRL last name as well? And Hyrgan has gladhandling, so he gets double the amount for day job checks.

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

Sending PM with info, soon. Thanks, GM!

Sovereign Court

@Hyrgan: First name is sufficient - they just need *something* on the reporting form, otherwise it can't be submitted.

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

In case it doesn't work in the message:

1d20 ⇒ 10

Sovereign Court

*Cough* An e-mail address would also be helpful ;-)

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Do you know if we can take 10 on a day job check?

351 to 400 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Library of the Lion - Team Omega All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.