The Library of the Lion - Team Omega (Inactive)

Game Master Luke_Parry

Current Complex Map


301 to 350 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Fair enough :-)

1d20 ⇒ 4

Hyrgan eases open the door to the caretaker's room, revealing the following:

These small and simple quarters are sparsely decorated with only simple furniture and a stoic portrait of Grand Prince Stavian III. Below the portrait is a brass plaque, which reads: “In the end, loyalty is its own reward.”

Laying on an uncomfortable-looking bed is a middle-aged woman wearing a blindfold, which does not quite cover the horrific scars around her eye-sockets.

There are clearly no books in here. Let me know if you still want to spend time searching the room, though ;-)

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

How long would it take me and Tophor to search the room?

Sovereign Court

It would take 5 minutes to quietly search this small room - searching takes less time than doing research ;-)

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Sounds good to me. We can't use any clues for this room, right?

Sovereign Court

Since you are not doing 'research', that is correct.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Ok
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
There's my roll.

Sovereign Court

Hyrgan does not find anything in the Caretaker's room.

Wadreskus does not find anything in the flying book room, either.

What now?

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Here goes nothing.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Anything to store the lion's essence?

Sovereign Court

Tophor does not find anything unusual in the Caretaker's room, either.

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Back in the hallway, safely out of earshot for the caretaker, Brother Tophor muses to himself. "How does a blind woman take care of a bunch of books, anyway?"

I'm stumped. Go back over any rooms we think know we missed something?

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Out in the hallway with Tophor, Hyrgan tells Tophor "You and I can search the other two rooms in this corridor while the others work on the big room."

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Tophor nods, following the diminutive Herman to the next room,

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Herman?

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

Sorry, friends, ended up being out of town this past weekend.

Anaduno returns to explore the large room more thoroughly.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Sovereign Court

Okay, so I have Hyrgan and Tophor searching the two room in the corridor, whilst the others search the *big* room (for clarification, are they looking for secrets, or additional clues in the big room).

Hyrgan and Tophor can each give me two Perception checks.

The others can also give me *one* Perception check.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Here is my two.
Perception for room on right: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Perception for room on left: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Perception1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor
-Hyrgan- wrote:
Herman?

Alas, my phone thinks you should be called Herman.

Perception 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Perception 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Lol. Herman makes me think of a tall frankenstein's monster type of creature.

Sovereign Court

Neither Hyrgan (Or is that Herman?) nor Tophor find anything unusual in the room on the right.

In the room on the left, Hyrgan finds nothing... but at the last moment, Tophor spots a lever hidden underneath the main desk!

Let me know what you want to do :-)

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Lol, this scene from Emperor's New Groove just popped into my head.

Yzma wrote:
"Wrong lever!!! as she falls down a hole that Kronk opened.

But still, I vote pull the lever.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|
-Hyrgan- wrote:
Lol. Herman makes me think of a tall frankenstein's monster type of creature.

Hey!! I certainty don't resemble that!!! *Grumble Grumble*

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Exactly :) That is why you are called Alden and you are not 7' something tall.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Grumble Grumble your phone spelt my RL name out and you think monster? cue more grumble grumble.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

lol. Sorry, I meant Munster not monster. I haven't met any other Hermans irl.

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

Anaduno would have been re-searching the "big" room for additional detail on the contents of the room, but will follow if called when the lever is pulled.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

I will be looking for secrets.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Sovereign Court

Okay, the three in the big room have not found any additional clues (It would take three people 20 minutes to find one clue in the big room) when they are called away about the lever in the other room...

Let me know what you are doing - using the lever, continuing to search, looking for clues, etc.

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Hoping his action doesn't reveal more swarms of deadly books or ear-shattering alarm, Tophor pulls the hidden lever.

Sovereign Court

Funny you should mention that...

When Tophor pulls the lever, a bookcase slides out of the way, revealing a hidden door!

Of course, doing so *also* reveals a trap...

Trap: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20, for 1d3 ⇒ 3 damage.

A dart fires from the ceiling, and embeds itself in Tophor's shoulder.

I need a Fort save.

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"Curse it all!"

Sovereign Court

That is a success. Just...

What now? :-)

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

Anaduno steps forward to help listen at the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Pulling the dart from his flesh, Tophor secures it in his pack. Leave no trace...

"We should tell the others."

Let's regroup once the others have finished their search. I'm sure they'll want to be in on this.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Hyrgan steps up to Tophor to heal him with his wand.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
"That'll help." Hyrgan says. He turns to the door listens to it and checks for traps like he should have done with the lever.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Sovereign Court

Letting the others finish their search of the *big* room will take time... do you really want to wait for that, or call them in?

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Shrug. I guess Hyrgan could open it up, and see what's inside. I'll wait at a safe distance, in case we need to get the others... 8]

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Alright, I'll go ahead and open the door.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Search Search Search :P

Sovereign Court

Going through the secret door reveals a short corridor, and then...

Cabinets with two tall drawers each line the east and west walls of this room. A relief carving of a lion’s head dominates the south wall, hanging imperiously over a low stone step. Six freestanding statuettes of lions in various poses stand atop the furniture.

Standard rules for searching the room for clues.

Alden, Anaduno, and Wadreskus need to spend another 10 minutes searching to find an additional clue in the big room, but they don't need to roll to do so. Hyrgan and Tophor need to spend 30 minutes to search the current room for clues - *and* need to give me rolls.

The others *can* join them (thereby reducing the time needed to search from 30 minutes to 12 minutes), but doing so will forfeit finding the clue in the big room.

Let me know what you want to do.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

We could always search and then come and aid them. Also I think they did not call us?

Sovereign Court

Hmmm... That could indeed work. That would reduce the time taken to a total of 18 minutes.

In that case, everyone can give me a roll for the new room, but I will rule that Hyrgan or Tophor *must* be the 'primary' roll for searching the room, regardless of what is actually rolled, since they will have spent more actual time searching it.

Let's roll :-)

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Knowledge (Dungeoneering)1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Knowledge (Engineering)1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Is there a limit to the amount of clues that we can use in one room? Like can I use

Luke_Parry wrote:
Clue: You may use this clue to grant a +2 bonus on all checks made to find texts in a single room for the rest of the scenario.

for everyone and

Luke_Parry wrote:
Clue: Use this clue before a PC rolls a skill check to find a clue or text. He rolls twice and takes the higher of the two rolls.

for myself?

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Sovereign Court

There is no limit on the number of clues you can use in a room.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Then I shall use those clues, as well as

Luke_Parry wrote:
Clue: You may use this clue to gain a +3 bonus on a single skill check made to find texts.

Linguistics #1: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 + 6 = 22

Linguistics #2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 + 6 = 27
The ones searching the big room should use
Luke_Parry wrote:
Clue: Use this clue when you or another PC discovers a clue or text to find one additional clue or text, if any remain in the room. (If attempting ot use this in a room that doesn’t have any more clues, it doesn’t count; this clue can be used again.)

And someone can still use

Luke_Parry wrote:
Clue: You may use this clue to gain a +5 bonus on a single skill check made to find texts.
And if we can still use
Luke_Parry wrote:

Hidden Gem:

Right next to one great discovery, you make another incredible find!

on the big room, we should, but if we can't we'll use it on the secret room if needed. And That should be the last of the usable clues, unless I'm missing one.

Sovereign Court

You do realise that 'Hidden gem' and 'Clue: Use this clue when you or another PC discovers a clue or text to find one additional clue or text, if any remain in the room. (If attempting ot use this in a room that doesn’t have any more clues, it doesn’t count; this clue can be used again.)' are the same thing, right? ;-)

Okay, so you have used 3 clues on the secret room, and the rest of the party will use 'Hidden Gem' to get two clues in the big room, leaving you with 'Clue: You may use this clue to gain a +5 bonus on a single skill check made to find texts.' in reserve.

I will update with the text of what you find when I get home from work (in about 10 hours or so).

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

That's fine, will the group in the big room also get a third for spending the extra time searching or does it go toward the two?

301 to 350 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Library of the Lion - Team Omega All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.