The Library of the Lion - Team Omega (Inactive)

Game Master Luke_Parry

Current Complex Map


101 to 150 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

Anaduno also helps to look through the books.

Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Hyrgan listens at the second door on the left.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Sovereign Court

Hyrgan hears no untoward sounds from beyond the second door on the left.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Hyrgan checks for traps.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
And if he finds no traps he opens the door.

Sovereign Court

This room’s well-worn wooden floor sets it apart from the others. The west wall is lined with shelves that support books, a variety of instruments, and dozens of rectangular baskets that contain loose sheaves of paper. Several chairs are pushed against the wall, and a portrait of the Grand Prince hangs to east, surveying everything in the room with magisterial authority. Underneath the portrait is an inscription, which reads: "Persevere, Persevere, Persevere!".

Standard rules for searching this room, in addition to which, Perform can also be used.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Perform? Awesome.
Perform(String): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Sovereign Court

1d11 ⇒ 1

Hyrgan rummages through the room, and finds a couple of 'clues':

Esoteric Alphabetization: This library uses a strange system for organizing its texts: it alphabetizes its texts based on the progression of major musical scales instead of using the Taldan alphabet.

Clue: You may use this clue to grant a +2 bonus on all checks made to find texts in a single room for the rest of the scenario.

Cross Reference: A book references another promising text. If only you could find where that other text is…

Clue: You may use this clue to gain a +3 bonus on a single skill check made to find texts.

That is this room cleared. Where to next? :-)

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Wow, moving quick. Here's my perception.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 - Well, that wasn't much help...

Sovereign Court

For what its worth, a fair chunk of this scenario consists of going into a room, and making checks to find clues. With Hyrgan's rolls and bonuses, though, he quickly finds the maximum number of clues in any one room :-P

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Lol. How about this guys? You guys pick the room, Brother Tophor can listen at it, I can check for traps and try to disarm them, and then we roll to look for clues...unless my roll finds everything.
Btw Luke, if we don't find all the clues in any room that we have already searched and we have enough time for another search, is it possible to search it again?

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

It looks like Wad has a +17 perception. That's better than mine. Consider me in for any checks where I'm needed. If anyone has relevant skills (Linguistics, Perform, etc.) feel free to jump in.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Then have Wadreskus listen at the door?

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

Anaduno does his best to scribble down clues as quickly as they are uncovered while racing from one room to the next.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

Wadreskus whispers to his hawk and has him listen at the door.
Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Ah, that was his companion's perception. Wad apparently has no skills, even class skills?

Perception for searching within the room: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden will open the door in the south closest to entry.
I'm so glad I'm with you skill monkeys. lol I'll take beatings. Is the map updated?

Sovereign Court

Trust me, I won't try to cheat you out of the clues :-)

If Hyrgan doesn't automatically find all of the clues by himself, I will wait for the other players rolls ;-)

No sound is heard from beyond the southern door closest to the entrance.

Opening it reveals a 5' by 10' atrium.... and another closed door!

Listening at the next door, you do not hear anything, either ;-)

Opening the *next* door reveals an impressive sight: Thousands of books line the dozens of shelves in this high-ceilinged library. Several tables and chairs near the center of the room provide a place to read quietly, and five rows of pew-like benches nearby face an immense lion’s head carved from the eastern wall, which has another two sets of doors in it.

In addition to the standard skills, *any* Knowledge skill can be used in this room.

Also, the map has definitely been updated :-)

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Tophor marvels at the sheer volume of knowledge housed in the chamber. [b]"All of this - kept from the rest of the world. It seems a waste."[/ooc]

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

After entering this room, Hyrgan goes straight to the books.
Would this check be dealing with the local art or music scene? If so, this check gets a +2.
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Knowledge (Dungeonnering) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Knowledge (Enginneering) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Such knowledge hidden from the rest of the world and not shared. It would be a crime to keep all this knowledge hidden when someone else might have need of it." Alden whispers even as he examines the room, its contents and admires the lion head.

"An apt motiff to be displayed" he says, motioning to the the lion head.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Just in case, here are more.
Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Linguistics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Sovereign Court

Each person can only make *one* check when searching a room.

Tophor has made the best check, but it is insufficient to find *all* of the clues in such a large room, so I will wait for Wadreskus and Anaduno to post their rolls before moving on :-)

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

Anaduno tries going for the engineering texts to help with the search.

Knowledge(Engineering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

My Checks are all aid another. I can't do much by my own but can aid another as needed. Should have posted it but If it's too late it doesn't matter. In my party I trust.

Sovereign Court

3d9 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) = 9

Searching the room turns up a few tantalising clues...

Hand-Written Notes: There are extensive notes scribbled in the margins of this book. These hand-written insights could be key to your next big discovery.

Clue: You may use this clue to gain a +3 bonus on a single skill check made to find texts.

Prolific Author: It appears that a long-dead historian wrote more than a dozen books on the topics you’re researching. Perhaps you can find other insightful books by this author.

Clue: You may use this clue to gain a +3 bonus on a single skill check made to find texts.

An Exciting Read: You have found several particularly engaging texts, and you find it particularly easy to concentrate on the reading.

Clue: Use this clue before a PC rolls a skill check to find a clue or text. He rolls twice and takes the higher of the two rolls.

...however, you are certain that there is still plenty more research that could be done in here.

You no longer need to roll, but if you wish to find the other clues in this room, it will take time.

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Remembering the statues in the library above, Tophor examines the carved lion's head for anything odd.

Sovereign Court

Define 'odd'...?

Tophor has the unnerving feeling that the lion's eyes are following him around the room, but otherwise, it appears to be a stone lion's head.

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Odd, as in switches, articulating pieces, hidden latches, eyes that follow you around the... Aaaaaagghhhhh!!!!!!!

Tophor stares at the creepy lion's eyes, rapping his knuckles on the statue's forehead.

"Creepy - it's like it's watching us. Perhaps a few of us should continue to search this room, while the others move on to the next? It could save time."

This might go faster, if we split up - just stay in earshot.

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

Wadreskus will use knowledge nature.
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Hyrgan makes notes of everything that they found in the room. "We are burning daylight here. Shall we move on? We can always come back. Which door shall we take, the left or right?"

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

1: Left | 2: Right: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Does Alden notice the lion? Based on his previous checks when he entered the library? Since my previous checks were rolled alone. In future all my other checks will be a Aid Another. Also How long does it take to search the room?

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

How very un Pathfinder ish of our VC to send us into a simply library and read books. :)

Sovereign Court

Well, the lion is in the room description, and takes up about 10' of wall on the map; I think that it is safe to say the Alden notices it ;-)

There are three additional clues to find in this room; it will cost you an additional 12 minutes per clue that you wish to find.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Then let's leave the room, and come back later if we have time. It would take us more than a half hour still to find all the clues in this room and we have a little over 75 minutes left to explore the whole place.

Silver Crusade

Male Elf Fighter 1/Wizard 1

Agreed - we press on through the door on the left for now.

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Agreed. We'll hit up the lion room again, if we have time. Luke, if we split up and search two rooms at once, it would take half the time of searching them separately, right?

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden examines the lion once more at Torpor's words.
"It's strange that we have enountered no other guardian since entering here. Other than this lion statue here. Would it be magical by any chance? I could search this room while the rest of you look around?"

Grand Lodge

Male HP: 80/105 , Init +2, AC: 21, T: 10, FF: 21, CMB: 17, F: +12, R: +8, W: +20 Move 30', Perception +34 <Darkvision 60ft, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 20'>, TN Male Human Shaman (Animist) 11, Hawk 40/52 HP

Just don't get out of earshot.

Sovereign Court

Okay, the way room searching works, is as follows: A small room takes one person 30 minutes to search, a medium room takes 60 minutes to search, and a large room takes 120 minutes to search. This time is divided by the number of people searching the room.

So, if the party split into two (one group of 2, and another of 3), and both searched medium rooms, it would take the first group 30 minutes to search their room, and the other group 20 minutes to search their room.

If one person stayed behind to search in this (large) room, it would *not* be 12 minutes; it would be 60 minutes per clue (the 12 minutes assumes five people searching).

Does that make sense?

Let me know what you want to do :-)

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

Ah. Okay, I guess we should all move on together, then. My mistake.

Sovereign Court

Well, let me know where you want to go / what you want to do, and I will update accordingly :-)

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor

We'll all go through the left door.

Sovereign Court

Alright then :-)

As the party prepares to continue deeper into the complex, you hear the sound of someone clearing their throat... but in a fashion reminiscent of a muted roar.

Glancing around in confusion, you see that the giant stone lion's head is yawning, and its eyes are glowing blue.

"Well, well. At first, I wondered whether you were initiates, who had simply not been told, but now... I am fairly certain that is not the case. I am The Guardian, and I have been responsible for taking care of this place since before your great-great-great-great-great-grandparents were born, so don't try to lie to me. You are not Lion Blades, are you?"

Grand Lodge

Qiggong Zen Archer 4 | HP:28/28 | AC:23 T:19 FF:16/20 | Speed:40 | CMB: +5 | CMD:24 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+10 | +2 more vs. enchant | Initiative:+8 | Perception:+19 | Stealth: +9 | Low-Light Vision | Immune to Sleep | Mage Armor
Luke_Parry wrote:
"You are not not Lion Blades, are you?"

Facing the giant lion head, shakes off his surprise, responding to the query. "I do not know of these Lion Blades. We mean no disrespect to your halls, but we seek knowledge to use in battle against the demon forces of the Worldwound."

I believe him when he says he can sniff a lie. Pretty sure the jig is up.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

Taking a giant, stone, talking lion head in stride, Hyrgan says "It is as my companion says. We seek information about the Shining Crusade from a millenium ago, the war against the Whispering Tyrant."

Sovereign Court

The giant heads nods in satisfaction.

"I thought as much. The Worldwound, you say? I remember the time before, when those lands were still Sarkoris... Terrible shame what happened, but they were barbarians; it's not like Taldor was ever threatened. There is a *lot* of knowledge contained within these halls, and I happen to know much of it (or at least where it can be found). I know why you are here, but not whom you are, *or* whom you work for; please correct this oversight."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden speaks now.
"Great Guardian, We are not Lion Blades but pathfinders. We are here to ensure that the hidden knowledge within this library finds its way to those who can use it instead of it being hidden. Knowledge such is what in this grand library should not be kept hidden but shared.
This I Alden Darkcrown can tell you."

Sovereign Court

The lion's head seems quite pleased by Alden's deference.

"Well, at least you recognise magnificence when it is in front of you. Still... I am not called 'The Guardian' for nothing; I really should not let you past without raising the alarm..."

The people who have spoken (i.e. Alden, Hyrgan, and Tophor) can give me Diplomacy checks.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard(Street Performer)/4 HP 27/27 | AC: 19 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10; Sense Motive +5| F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +5(+5) | CMB +2 | CMD +16 | Speed 20 | Init. +2

I'm assuming rolling for a 25 DC?
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

101 to 150 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Library of the Lion - Team Omega All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.