Superheroes of Golarion

Game Master Scaffold-Kane

The tale of how Golarion's mightiest heroes united under a common cause.


101 to 127 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

Caleb breathed, "Whew! I was worried I'd be the only one among us with the grandiose name!"
The big warrior stopped in front of his fellow defenders and turned to face them.
"My full name is Caleb Zephron Cailean. Half-mortal son of Cayden Caliean, one of The Ascended, The Accidental God of Bravery, Ale, Freedom, and Wine. I, too, have many different titles. Cayden's Boy and Prince of Drunks among them. I've lived in Absalom all my life and most people who live here may not know me, but they have at least know of me. Most people who have heard of me outside of Absalom are visiting clerics of Cayden."
Seeing the stunned look on everyone's faces, Caleb turns to direct them toward Sarenrae's temple in The Coins.


Female Undine| HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (DR 2) | F: +2 R: +9 W: +4 | Perc: +2 | Init: +7 | Perform: 12/14

Siren looks between the two of them, a little taken aback by the titles, and feeling, likely not for the last time, entirely out of her depth.

What an act to follow.

She clears her throat, a little unsure about actually trying to get their attention to fully introduce herself.

"I- I am not sure entirely if this name is mine, but you may call me Siren."

She looks, for a moment, as if she might say something more, but she shuts her mouth, shaking her head slightly as she falls into step behind Caleb.


The sun is beginning to set now with a full sunset visible over the waters to the west.

While things have seemed uneventful since the fight with the hydra, some movement can be heard from the other side of the keep walls. It sounds mostly like footsteps and metal clinging against metal.

Some people approach the barrier to take a look st the strange appearance on the other side but no one tries to enter. As the sun sets, it also gets darker and dearier within the barrier.


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Shape: kitsune

Kiwyn smiles and chuckles a little at the extravagant names the boys seem to have and then regards Siren. ”Siren." She nods"Simple names are better and long ones. You can call me Kiwyn.” The vixen tilts her head and places a finger on her chin thoughtfully. ”Though the gramps once referred to me as Kiwyn the White after I healed one of the caravan guards who was at death’s door. He said it was because of my healing skills.” She smiles again and looks back at Siren. ”But I’ve never bothered with titles myself.”

She looks over at the young speedster and smiles at him. ”Is it okay if I just call you Lightning?”

Tilting her head towards Caleb, she chuckles. ”Mr. Caleb and I have already met.”

The vixen turns her attention to the man with the artificial arm as they approach the temple.


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Lucca's eyes widened in surprise-he hadn't expected the one he'd been suspicious of to be a descendant of a god. Or to have a longer moniker than his own. Looking over Caleb as he turned away Lucca shook his head, almost doubting him for a moment-and they he remembered what Caleb had done to the hydra. "Well then. Color me impressed, that's, ah, quite the lineage and name there" Then he looked from Kiwyn to Siren, nodding.

"Oh definitely, simple names are far superior-who wants to say 'Caleb, mortal son-half of the ascending Cayden Caylean, Duke of Drunken Boys' when a barmaid asks for the name for the tab" Though even as he was saying this, he had a feeling that was exactly how Caleb told barmaids whose tab the next round was on. He nodded to Kiwyn "Nice to meet you both, Siren. and Kiwyn. Lightning works just fine for me. Just if a storm breaks out, or if we need to tell the difference between me and real lightning, Live Lightning helps." He started to ease up around them, though as he heard Kiwyn mention she's already met Caleb, he couldnt help but reach into his pocket and pull out the map with the Xs, curious to see if there were two or three Xs on top of themselves like when he was sneaking up on Caleb before.


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.
Lucca Leander wrote:
"Oh definitely, simple names are far superior-who wants to say 'Caleb, mortal son-half of the ascending Cayden Caylean, Duke of Drunken Boys' when a barmaid asks for the name for the tab."

"Actually, you be surprised how little I pay for drinks, especially from other caydenites," Caleb called by while leading the group into The Coin District. "I think most feel a tip of the glass to me is a tip of the glass to my father."

Kiwyn the White wrote:
Tilting her head towards Caleb, she chuckles. ”Mr. Caleb and I have already met.”

Caleb looks back with a jerk of his head. "We have? I think I would have remembered meeting a talking fox lady prior to the hydra attack."


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | CMB +2 CMD 16 | Init +3 Perc +6

Colt smirked, shaking his head at both Caleb and Lightning's long titles and names. Not that he didn't have one himself, but why ruin the mystery. "Siren already knows, but I'm Colt." he said, putting his regular arm around Siren's shoulder as he walked. "Nobody likes a cheapskate, Caleb. And I thought Caydenites were supposed to be smooth. When a pretty lady says she knows you, you play along. Or do you need some liquid courage before that charm kicks in?"

"I hail from Alkenstar, myself. Actually came here following some kind of map... just lead from home to here. After that... I 'unno. I guess I was expecting something to happen... hehe, to be fair, something DID happen. Just wasn't expecting a baby hydra to come rearing up in the middle of town. Or undead water folks. Or a time distortion barrier. Guess it's a good thing I liked the idea of a vacation, huh?"


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.
Colt R. Warwick wrote:

"Siren already knows, but I'm Colt." he said, putting his regular arm around Siren's shoulder as he walked. "Nobody likes a cheapskate, Caleb. And I thought Caydenites were supposed to be smooth. When a pretty lady says she knows you, you play along. Or do you need some liquid courage before that charm kicks in?"

"Hey! I pay my own way! You know. When they let me.." Caleb snips back. "Speaking of 'charm', are all Alkenstars as good at first impressions as you are?"


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | CMB +2 CMD 16 | Init +3 Perc +6
Caleb Zephorn Caliean wrote:
"Hey! I pay my own way! You know. When they let me.." Caleb snips back. "Speaking of 'charm', are all Alkenstars as good at first impressions as you are?"

Colt smirked as Caleb's retort. "You mean can I recall when I meet a lovely lady or not? Or do you mean is everyone as rugged, good-looking, handsome, or bright as me? Doubtful. Most folks in the Mana Wastes suffer from pretty bad mutations, so you get a lot more folks who look a little off. Like me, being born without a left arm. Not all of us can be blessed by the gods, can we?"

Colt lifted up his metallic arm and waved it. "The difference with me, however, is that life handed me lemons, I handed 'em back and said 'F**k you, I want some oranges.' And when life said no, I went, picked the oranges, and made sweet, sweet juice with them."


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.
Colt R. Warwick wrote:
Colt lifted up his metallic arm and waved it. "The difference with me, however, is that life handed me lemons, I handed 'em back and said 'F**k you, I want some oranges.' And when life said no, I went, picked the oranges, and made sweet, sweet juice with them."

Despite himself, Caleb audibly chuckled at Colt's own twist on the old saying. "Or add them to nice cereal grain alcohol, with some ice if possible."


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Shape: kitsune

Caleb Zephorn Caliban wrote:
Caleb looks back with a jerk of his head. "We have? I think I would have remembered meeting a talking fox lady prior to the hydra attack."

“You would think.” The vixen said with a chuckle.

When the metal armed man who introduced himself as Colt begins bickering with Caleb, Kiwyn just rolls her eyes and shakes her head a little. ”Boys.” She repeats and gives Siren a sympathetic glance.


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Lucca laughed as Caleb and Colt banter back and forth, nodding. "New that's a good one! Life have me lemons once. Crammed them down my throat at the speed of light. Then I... became the lemon...?" He sighed, immediately regretting saying it, before smiling wide enough they could tell he was grinning behind that mask of his. "uh... we almost there?"


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

"Well, Lightning," Caleb suggested, "Samah gave you the address on that paper. If you want, you can get introductions out of the way, while we slower folk get their under our own power."


As the group or just Lucca arrives at the address, it's actually pretty hard to miss the building Samahs was referring to--it's a cathedral. Small, but a cathedral nonetheless. There's a large holy symbol beautifully shaped out of stained glass atop the wide set of double doors leading into the building colored almost to resemble the sun on a bright day.

As you enter, the inside is immediately very spacious, even more than you would have expected from seeing it on the outside. The walls are covered in paintings primarily of landscapes and the holy symbol of the dawnflower. There is a podium and a stage at the front of the room and a second story balcony stretching around the top of the room. There are several doors the lead into rooms outside of this central one.

There are a small number of priests and monks, perhaps 5 or 6, that are sitting and reading or walking around the center room at a brisk pace. All of them seem to be unaware that you've entered their church.


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Lucca nodded at Caleb and dashed ahead a bit, though not too far. He'd opened the door to find the priests and monks, then moved at unnerving speeds to the front of the church. "Hi there! Father Samahs sent us-he believes Melissa... sumthin or other? has seemingly attacked the Azlanti Keep,and he sent me and my allies here for a collection of tomes to find a way past the time-turning barrier. Can you help us? just as he said "us" the rest would be coming through the door,perfectly timed.


Female Undine| HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (DR 2) | F: +2 R: +9 W: +4 | Perc: +2 | Init: +7 | Perform: 12/14

Siren had ducked out from under Colt's arm almost as soon as she felt the contact, casting nervous looks between him and the rest of the group as they talked, but remaining largely silent, herself. Kiwyn's comment and shared sympathetic glance gets at least a quiet giggle, and the undine spends the remainder of their walk gravitating towards her, listening to the conversation happening around them.

She does seem to perk up, though, when Colt mentions his map, Siren's own hand going to the pouch she'd stored hers away in. With the hydra and all the confusion, she'd almost forgotten about it entirely, and.... well. All the marks on the map seemed to be piled on top of each other now, and all moving together, and, if she's not wrong, around their current location.

"Interesting."

She looks up, quickly counting and comparing, finding the same number of people around her as marks on her map. With Colt saying he had one, too, there's only so many conclusions she can draw. The others seemed busy, however, discussing lemons? Is that the topic they're on now? Hm. She'll have to remember to mention this when she won't be interrupting. Instead, she remains wrapped up in her own thoughts, barely even noticing that they've reached the cathedral.


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Shape: kitsune

Kiwyn glances at Siren as she pulled out her map. With a slight tilt to her head she regards the x's gathered together, with only a stray x ahead of them.

The Unnamed Siren wrote:
"Interesting."

”Quite.” She agreed as she pulled out her own map showing it to Siren. The x’s on her map matching the undine’s. ”Seems someone wanted us to meet. I’ve seen Caleb’s and would give good odds that the others have identical papers.” Probably echoing Siren’s thoughts.

Folding it up again she tucked it back into her pouch and followed Caleb as they approached the temple.


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

Upon hearing the ladies talk about the maps, Caleb quickly pulls out his map to confirm their suspicions. "What the hell?! The 'x's..are all us!"


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Shape: Kitsune

Kiwyn does her best to stifle a giggle at Caleb's outburst. Looking back at Siren she jokes. "Eventually they figure things out, it just takes them longer."


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

Embarrassed, Caleb keeps quiet as the group makes it way to the Sarenrae church.


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | CMB +2 CMD 16 | Init +3 Perc +6

"And none of that strikes you as strange?" Colt said, his smirk now gone as he contemplated the circumstances of their meeting. "Think about it... someone had to have not only access to the magic to make these maps, but to make sure they all found their way into our hands... from every corner of the world." He folded his arms, tapping on the metal as he continued.

"And, on the same day we arrive at our collective destination, a hydra attacks, undead walk the streets, and a long dead tyrant rises from her grave to claim part of the city. I'm a man of science... I don't believe in random coincidences. I theorize someone had to know all this would happen... which raises another troubling question: how?"

Arriving at the temple of Sarenrae, Colt's mind was now a pool of thoughts and concerns. Too many theories, not enough conclusive evidence. He just prayed that these archives, whatever they were, had at least a few of the answers he wanted. "Lightning. You keep running off like that, one of these days, you'll run yourself into some deep trouble."


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

Caleb decide to venture a question.
"So..when did everyone get their maps? I got mine this morning."


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | CMB +2 CMD 16 | Init +3 Perc +6

"A few weeks ago... I had to get all the way from Alkenstar to here, after all." Colt tapped a few places on his arm, before a recreation of the map he received illuminated above his arm.

"The problem is thus: someone had to know that we would show up at the same time, gather in the same area... which happened to be the same place the hydra attacked us. Which is what worries me." He paused a moment, letting his display of the map shrink back into his arm before continuing. "Let me put it this way: whenever I conduct an experiment, I want something called a control group. A set of variables and circumstances that I can control to ensure that if I repeat the experiment again, I have a good chance of replicating the results I want. Reducing risk, as it were."

"Here's my hypothesis: we were, in terms of an experiment, supposed to meet that hydra and the undead on the day this whole fiasco happened. That was supposed to happen. How do you reduce the risk to ensure that outcome does happen? Well, having control of a hydra and an undead entourage helps." He folded his arms, closing his eyes in deep thought for a minute.

"That leads me to my chief worry: we were brought here, on purpose, at the same time... by our charming century old hostess herself. Empress Vincere."


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Shape: kitsune

”I found mine a couple weeks ago as well. I had appeared amongst my belongings, but I never could determined how or why.”

Colt R. Warwick wrote:
"That leads me to my chief worry: we were brought here, on purpose, at the same time... by our charming century old hostess herself. Empress Vincere."

”Hmm. An interesting theory.” She nodded thoughtfully. ”But to what end then? It would seem to be counter to her interests to summon individuals to get in her way.” She remarks with her chin held between thumb and forefinger in thought. ”Unless…”

Kiwyn shook her head. ”It’s unproductive to speculate too much before looking for the facts available.”


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Lucca shrugged at Caleb's comment as they arrive, then chuckles. "For the normal person, sure, rushing headlong into danger is stupid. But when I run into things I can't handle, I either am too fast for it to be a problem, or I run away to regroup. Worked on those undead, didn't it?"

He seemed almost bored, or more accurately impatient-he'd asked those clerics for help and they were so slow on grabbing the books, though they could take their time when he heard what the others were talking about. "M-maps?" That morning? Alkenstar? Weeks ago? Lucca made sure he had a charge stored in his hand, ready to toss a bolt of lightning in case of a fight. "I got mine in an investigation. Looking for some bad people. Little girl gave it to me, saying it would help me find what I'm looking for. Surprised you all seem to be that answer..."


Female Undine| HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (DR 2) | F: +2 R: +9 W: +4 | Perc: +2 | Init: +7 | Perform: 12/14

Siren listens to all of their stories, frowning to herself. Different times, different reasons... There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the way these maps were dispersed.

"Only a few days ago, for mine, I have not been on land for very long. It was hidden among the supplies I bought when I reached shore. There really... I don't think we have enough information to make many conclusions based on this. None that won't just yield more questions, at least."

She sighs.

"All we can do for now is gather the information we can, and... Deal with what's unfolding here."


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Shape: Kitsune

Kiwyn nodded at Siren as they entered the temple. ”Exactly.”
Looking back at Lucca she smiles. ”You won’t always have the option to run from your troubles Lightning.” She says in something of a big sisterly tone.

She glances around at the temple’s staff her trying to judge their reactions to her appearance. It wouldn’t be the first time she had to excuse herself from a house of worship.

101 to 127 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Superheroes of Golarion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.