Superheroes of Golarion

Game Master Scaffold-Kane

The tale of how Golarion's mightiest heroes united under a common cause.


51 to 100 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Whoops, this half got left behind during the edit:

Lucca, hearing the demand of the man on stage to kneel, did exaxtly what most youth do upon getting an order from an authority figure-ignored it. Looking around as the other two undine dropped, he saw where the serpentine behemoth had landed, spotting a man in one heck of a suit of armor, then over at the woman who blew up one of the undead with a blast of magical power, then at the man who flipped the serpent on it's back. His heart nearly stopped-he hadn't expected to see them so soon-and helping, no less. Still, he was impressed with the others. He breathed a sigh of relief-it seemed he wasn't alone in this fight!

Pulling the edge of his longer-necked shirt up over the lower half of his face, finally finishing putting his mask on. He pointed to the man on stage and yelled out "Hey! Can any of you help him? I don't think he was like that before" Of course, as they looked over to the source of the voice, they would see either a kid or a scrawny man standing over the five bodies, body cackling with electrical energy. It was certainly an odd sight.


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
That was close.

Kiwyn watched her bolt of force tear the undead in half with on a hint of satisfaction. She still felt some sympathy for the poor thing. Suddenly the lord speaker cried out in a voice clearly not his own. Nearly shaken, the vixen shook off the oder and frowned.
He was being used as puppet, or worse possibly being possessed. With a flick of her wrist and glance, a word of power and minor effort of will another bolt flashed from her finger and raced toward one of the undead Siren had just put an arrow into.
Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Suddenly a giant crashing sound shakes the ground and Kiwyn looks back only to see the Cryohydra on it’s back and Caleb holding it’s tail. She’s not sure what just happened but she has an idea it must have been impressive. Her attention shifts to the yellow clad young man calling from near the stage.
He’s right. The man should probably be restrained for everyone’s safety.


The huge reptilian beast hisses violently once more, turning back to look at the man responsible for it's rather violent reposition. Rearing back its three heads, it lets forth yet another bone-chilling cone of air and water.

DM Rolls:

1d4 ⇒ 3
3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) = 10

Caleb, make a DC 15 reflex save. If you succeed, take 5 cold damage. If you fail take 10 cold damage.

The giant reptile's wounds continue closing at an alarming rate. The hydra has taken 24 damage and has fast healed 10 of it.

The one remaining undead creature stumbles toward Colt, moving into a flanking position with the hydra and swings its sword at the armor plated man but not before being struck with another nasty blow from the force magic of Kiwyn. It remains standing this time, however.

DM Roll:

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The blow actually manages to make contact with Colt! His newly donned armor absorbs the entirety of the damage, however, and Colt remains unscathed.

The guards that were once helping move Lord Gyr are finally able to force themselves up from kneeling one by one. It looks like a couple are checking the Lord's pulse and doing what they can to make him conscious once more.

The dark clouds that had covered the skies now entirely circle above Azlanti Keep and appear to be descending on the keep now.

Siren to go


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 5 cold damage.
Caleb shakes his head to remove the frost from his head and shoulders, spitting to remove the last bits of ice from his lips. Looking to the now-heavy armored man to the other side of the prone monster under cold, wet eyebrows, the big warrior asks, "So? About that 'prisimatic canon'..?"


Female Undine| HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (DR 2) | F: +2 R: +9 W: +4 | Perc: +2 | Init: +7 | Perform: 12/14

With the Undines largely taken care of, Siren turns her attention now to the Hydra, taking stock of the situation and trying to see what she could do. Of her own magic, nothing she could do would help their situation. At least, no more than just shooting it would.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

She takes a breath as she looses her arrow, taking a second to briefly call out to the others fighting before she continues singing.

"Fire! Fire will be the most effective. Burn it if you can!"


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | CMB +2 CMD 16 | Init +3 Perc +6

"Little busy here! Get OFF!" Colt shouted, before shaking back the undead undine and moving away from it, grateful to see that his armor was doing its job. "Siren! Your boyfriends reeeeally don't like a rival, do they?" he called. ['Sir, Arcane Singularity is now operating at peak efficiency. Prismatic Cannon version 0.81.2 has finished arming sequence. Ready for deployment.']

Colt smiled under his armor, before his metallic arm retracted in on itself and formed what looked like the mouth of a big cannon, with a singular crystalline "eye" at the center. The eye started to glow as light seemingly materialized and drew into the center of it. "(Alright... here goes everything.) Hey, all of you! When I fire this thing, just start hammering it! Got it!?"

The central eye of the cannon arm was now glowing brightly, aiming it at the cyrohydra as three beams of white light started pointing between the center of each pair of eyes on the hydra, following it as it wriggling around. "PRISMATIC CANNON, FIRE!" A trio of brilliant, psychedelic beams flashed for each head, bursting in a veritable cornucopia of changing light clouds that, if his calculations were right (and they always were), should keep the big beast busy for a bit.

Using a move action to get out of range of the uncomfortably close undine and using a standard to "cast" Color Spray on the hydra. DC 16 will save to avoid it. Hoping this works...


Siren's arrow flies toward the beast and strikes true, though its seemingly steel plated hide proved to be tough to get around.

Including Inspire Courage, you did 7 damage but the Hydra ignored 4 of it. It has now taken 27 damage and fast healed 10 of it.

DM Rolls:
Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Hydra AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Undine AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Hydra Dam: 1d8 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 5 = 3
Undead Crit Dam: 2d4 + 4 - 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 - 6 = 5

I'll assume Colt ends his movement outside of the Hydra's extended reach so he can catch it with the last 5 feet of 15 ft cone.

Colt, realizing he was in a bad position, began moving away from his opponents who were keen to jump on his lapse in defense, both managing to make contact. The undead's attack was simply in precisely the right place at the right time and that didn't allow Colt to be prepared for the attack. It surprisingly pierced through his armor into Colt's flesh. The Hydra seized this momentary shock to get a fleeting bite on the engineer as well.

You take 3 damage from the Hydra and 5 from the undead. It sure is a good thing you have Mage Armor cast.

A bit bloody, Colt makes it into position and fires his cannon. Immediately drawn to the light, the Hydra takes the full blast of the prismatic light to all of its heads. Reeling back from the blast, it appears as though it has been blinded and is unable to react to anything (but it does not fall unconcious).

DM Rolls:

1d4 ⇒ 1

The hydra is stunned for two rounds and blinded for one round. (It has 3 HD).

Caleb's turn
Poor Hydra


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.
Colt R. Warwick wrote:
"(Alright... here goes everything.) Hey, all of you! When I fire this thing, just start hammering it! Got it!?"

Caleb nods as the bright energy beams blast into the creature. Taking the initiative, the big warrior rears back and hits the three-headed monster with a mighty wallop.

Unarmed Strike (with Inspire Courage, Strength Pool, & Shaken): 1d20 + 3 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 25
Dmg.: 1d3 + 3 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 14


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Kiwyn watched in surprise as the multi-colored rays shot from the metal armed man. The surprise caused her to hesitate as the metal armed man tried to dodge out of harm’s way, only to run into trouble as the last of the undead and the cryohydra both strike him. ”No!” She cried out and snapped her hand at the undine. And with a whisper and flicker of will another bolt of force flew from her finger to strike the undead down.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

As it falls she starts to hurry over to the metal armed man, worried over all the blood from the cuts and bites.


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Lucca looked to the creature, then the others, grinning widely. They seemed to be doing well in their joint effort to take things down. Hearing someone yell to use fire, he looked to his fist, which was calling with electrical energy. Focusing on it, he made it cackle more and more, brighter and brighter, People get burned when they got strick by lightning, right? Looking to the serpent once more, charging right at it, before striking it with his glowing fist

Inspired Charging Power Attack with Elemental Fist: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + (3) + 6 = 11

Reflavored the elemental fist, since I don't need to stick with just one choice also: awwww


Moving ahead just assuming you guys clean up the fight.

For the first bit after the fall of the hydra, what civilians decided to stick around to watch the fight are stunned at what they just witnessed. The fight went on for no more than half a minute and a handful of people had done things greater than they'd ever witnessed. Some of them begin clapping for you but they mostly whisper among themselves in shock. They are also able to stand up from their kneeling positions now.

The lord remains motionless on the ground as a low disembodied women's laugh fades into thin air around everyone. The clouds that had formed around the top of Azlanti keep appear to have descended around the keep, clearing the skies once again.

Issue 1: Kneel to the Crown


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | CMB +2 CMD 16 | Init +3 Perc +6

Colt finished pulling his fist free of the last undine zombie, before turning up to hear the laugh fade away. "...yeah, you'd better run!" he shouted, before the armor on his body started to fold in towards his arm, gripping to staunch the blood at his sides. "Ah... ACME, memo for later. Look at the armor fabrication pattern, see if we can't tighten it up. Can't afford chinks in the armor like that."

Hearing a few folks clapping, Colt smirked and held up his hands to absorb what he could of it. "Thank you, thank you, you're too kind! Please, feel free to stand!" Noting that Lord Gyr didn't seem to be moving, and having been the recent subject of a seeming possession, Colt decided it would be a good to get a read-out on Gyr's current status.

Passing by the others to the stage, Colt patted shoulders and smiled that winning smile. "Nice work. Good job. Not the most orthodox way of moving a hydra, but effective." He held out his hand once in range, a little radar dish popping out of the top of the forearm as red lights projected by his palm covered Lord Gyr's form (assuming the guards don't block him). "ACME, full body scan. Look for foreign bodies and traces of residual eldritch manifestations. Make sure he doesn't need a doctor."

['Right away, Sir.']

Casting Detect Magic and Detect Poison for three rounds, unless interfered with. Will also expend a charge to cast Deathwatch on him. Gotta make sure he's okay!


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Kiwyn frowned in frustration as the metal-armed man as he stalked off towards the stage. ”Boys, always so hard headed.” She sighed and stalked after him.
Catching up to him she pauses to watch his arm sprout a small bowl of some kind. The vixen shakes her head and lays a hand on the man, gathering positive energy into her. Focusing it through her, she felt the energies flow down her arm and out of her hand.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 9 = 12
3 points spent from Archmage pool, 2 for 1st level spell + 1 for adding Int mod

Colt feels the soothing warmth of the positive energy fill him as his all of his wounds close.


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

After getting a few final blows in on the hydra, making sure it stayed down, Lucca noticed the blonde woman he'd seen talking to the guy who flipped the hydra on it's back healing the armored fellow. He had been ready to make a break for it, but hesitated. He'd never heard of any sort of spell caster in the professor's employ. Maybe the Xs weren't too his people afterall.

Zipping to the stage next to the other two, he looked down at Gyr. "Is he ok? Also, that's the coolest arm I've ever seen" and while he meant it, his eyes weren't on them, they were on the keep, watching as the clouds surrounded it, figuring he could probably get there in about 2 minutes if need be.


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

Shaking his head with a chuckle at the golem-armed stranger, Caleb remarks, "You're not too bad yourself. Nice arm."
As all the defenders make their way up to the ruined stage, Caleb kneels down before the primarch to check for obvious injuries. Looking up momentarily to see the kitsune healing Colt's wound, the big warrior commented, "Thanks for the help,..um..Foxy Lady?"
Not seeing any, the godling decides to cast cure light wounds on Lord Gyr anyway, thinking if nothing else the positive energy might drive any lingering possessive energies away.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Lucca, Kiwyn is in her Kitsune form. A fox girl with two tails.


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28
Kiwyn the White wrote:
Lucca, Kiwyn is in her Kitsune form. A fox girl with two tails.

Yup, realized that once Caleb posted, too late to edit. My mistake


Colt spends a few seconds letting his mystical AI scan Lord Gyr's body and learns that the his body does not appear to be suffering from any poison but he detects a strong but quickly fading magical aura. Far more magic than any normal human body should be able to take. The space around you is also filled with a a faint magical aura as well.

DC 20 Knowledge (Arcana) for anyone using Detect Magic:

The magic aura fading from Lord Gyr's is a mixture of Necromancy and Enchantment. The faint aura around you is the same. It seems clear to you that a it would take someone very skilled with the mystic arts to cause auras like these.

DC 15 Heal, Colt Automatically Succeeds:

Lord Gyr is is dead and breathed his final breath within the last few seconds. Making the heal check takes the equivalent of a few rounds. Colt knows immediately.

As the party gathers up around the stage, some of the civilians begin making their way back into the open space in the middle of the city. While most are hesitant, some approach the corpse of the hydra with morbid curiosity.


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

So Caleb's cure light came too late? Damn!


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | CMB +2 CMD 16 | Init +3 Perc +6

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Colt starts a little at the contact, but certainly doesn't complain as the waves of healing wash over him. Looking back, he eyed Kiwyn before smirking. "Normally I like for folks to ask before they touch... but I can make an exception for you~"

As his arm continued scanning, a little display lit up on the side, which drew Colt's attention as he nodded. "It's one of a kind, and I have to agree... it is a pretty cool arm. Not every day you meet a guy who has rebuilt himself. It's called ACME. Short for 'Arcane Configuration and Manipulation Equipment'. Though I am curious as to why you are literally greased lightning..." He nodded towards Caleb. "You chucked 12 tons of frozen fish like it was a morning workout..." He nodded back towards Kiwyn. "Nor why you have three of the lovelist tails I've ever seen~. Nor Siren over there. Not sure where she came from, but she's a new sight for me as well."

Colt returned to his arm monitor for another minute, before it beeped, the red lights retracting... though the radar dish kept circling about. "Right... localize the scan. I wanna know if anything else undead decides to give us a nasty surprise." He ordered, before turning back to the others, still tapping at his arm. To say these results worried him would be an understatement. "He's flatlined. Just missed him... looks like a magical overdose, scans are picking up heavy, traces of necromantic and enchantment auras. On everyone, honestly. Didn't affect me, luckily. It looks like my personalized arcane filtration system bore the brunt of it... smart addition, if I do say so myself. But it would take a mountain of arcane energy to affect so many folks. I'm going to guess whoever is responsible for this is also responsible for that storm brewing around Azlanti Keep... and calling for that baby cryohydra. And those undead."

Noticing a few folks approaching the hydra, Colt paused and looked between it and the undead undine, before shouting. "HEY! I wouldn't touch it! Not until I've had a good look at it!"


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Lucca nodded. "ACME. Interesting very interesting. As for this"
He held up his hand, which once again sparked and cackled with electricity. "That's a long story. An accident really. Involving a storm. Speaking of storms..." he looked over at the one off in the distance, hopping a bit from one foot to the other, anxious to keep moving, wondering what it could possibly be.

"I mean, sure, it may be none of our business. But that looks nasty. Like, this level of nasty." he indicated the mess of the undine and the hydra. "We did pretty well here. Like, really well. Better than the guards. I... I think we should help. I'll go ahead and scope it out. If anyone wants to join me, meet me across the street And, unless, someone tries to stop him or calls for him to wait, he takes off lioke a bolt, moving at 100ft/s in the direction of the keep, lightning trailing behind him, though as he went, he did his best to hide his electricity, trying to be less obvious.


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Lucca nodded. "ACME. Interesting very interesting. As for this"
He held up his hand, which once again sparked and cackled with electricity. "That's a long story. An accident really. Involving a storm. Speaking of storms..." he looked over at the one off in the distance, hopping a bit from one foot to the other, anxious to keep moving, wondering what it could possibly be.

"I mean, sure, it may be none of our business. But that looks nasty. Like, this level of nasty." he indicated the mess of the undine and the hydra. "We did pretty well here. Like, really well. Better than the guards. I... I think we should help. I'll go ahead and scope it out. If anyone wants to join me, meet me across the street And, unless, someone tries to stop him or calls for him to wait, he takes off like a bolt, moving at 100ft/s in the direction of the keep, lightning trailing behind him, though as he went, he did his best to hide his electricity, trying to be less obvious.


I'll give people a chance of they want to stop Lucca or trail him to the castle. I'll post what's there probably tonight or tomorrow morning if no one has chimed in to say they stop Lucca.

The civilians react to Colt's words mostly by drawing back from the beast (but there are always a few who don't listen).

The main guard speaks up when he hears Colt say the Lord is dead.

"Dear gods. What could have caused this? Whoever is responsible needs to be brought to justice!"

The other guards are mostly standing around confused, with a few running to the corpses of the innocents slain during the battle.

"Can you help us?" one of the younger civilians near-by pipes in.


Female Undine| HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (DR 2) | F: +2 R: +9 W: +4 | Perc: +2 | Init: +7 | Perform: 12/14

Siren's been quiet since the end of the fight, torn between equal instincts to stay and help where she can and to slink back into the crowd, not stay long enough to find out if anyone would link her own appearance with that of the undead undines. As time passes, and she isn't automatically blamed for the issue, she approaches the rest of the group, listening to their conversation, and nodding when Lucca brings up wanting to check out the keep.

"How much more time do you need to look around? I don't think... That boy took off on his own."

She leaves her statement at this, casting worried glances back in the direction Lucca took off. If the person in that keep was powerful enough to do this, then who knows what kind of security measures they might have?


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.
Colt R. Warwick wrote:
Colt returned to his arm monitor for another minute, before it beeped, the red lights retracting... though the radar dish kept circling about. "Right... localize the scan. I wanna know if anything else undead decides to give us a nasty surprise." He ordered, before turning back to the others, still tapping at his arm. To say these results worried him would be an understatement. "He's flatlined. Just missed him... looks like a magical overdose, scans are picking up heavy, traces of necromantic and enchantment auras. On everyone, honestly. Didn't affect me, luckily. It looks like my personalized arcane filtration system bore the brunt of it... smart addition, if I do say so myself. But it would take a mountain of arcane energy to affect so many folks. I'm going to guess whoever is responsible for this is also responsible for that storm brewing around Azlanti Keep... and calling for that baby cryohydra. And those undead."

"NO!" Caleb cried.

Though he wasn't exactly a father-figure, Lord Gyr was a right and just ruler, leading the largest city in the world in one of it's longest eras of peace.
"No! I don't accept this! CLERICS!!" Caleb shouted toward the crowd. "We need clerics! Grab every able-bodied cleric from the Ascendant Court!" Torn between helping a respected leader and the others injured or dead from the attack, the godling's eyes water with sadness and frustration.


Remember that magic is off-limits to people without superhero levels/stats like you guys. The best a normal cleric can do is pray for Lord Gyr.


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

Aww! That's kinds of sad. Magic added flavor to Golarion. Without it, aspects of Golarion don't make sense. I'd be for it's inclusion to your superhero rules.
Looking to the cloud-shrouded Azlanti Keep, a determined-looking Caleb stands. "I hope The First Guard are alright. Azlanti Keep holds their headquarters, they may need some help. I'm going. But I wouldn't mind company."


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Shape: kitsune

Kiwyn frowns at Colt’s comment not sure how to take it. She regards Lucca as he hurriedly speaks and then darts off a ways. ”He certainly is, um… energetic.” She says regarding Siren. She’s about to follow after the young man when Caleb begins yelling.
The vixen frowns again and instead walks over to Caleb. ”I am sorry for your loss. She says after a moment. ”I’m afraid though that there is nothing that can be done for him.” She places a hand on his arm and positive energy once again flows through her. A warm feeling spreads through Caleb.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Burning 2 more points

Kiwyn looks down at the lord's still form and then back at the gathered crowd, she spots the younger one who had asked if they can help. After a glance back at the group, she turned back to the youngster. ”I can not speak for all, but I promise those of us willing to will try our best.” She gives the young person what she hopes is a reassuring smile then turns back to the group.
”This can’t be left unfinished. Someone dangerous is out there making a mockery of life and death.” She gestures in the direction Lucca had ran. ”That young man seems willing to venture on and I for one can not let him run off alone.”
She nods at Caleb and with a smile she turns and runs to the edge of the stage. Leaping from it’s edge the vixen turns into a tiny fox with two tails midair and races off to follow the yellow speedster.

Shape: fox w/ 2 tails


Magic still exists (obviously), common people just don't have access to it. The primary reason for this change was to make magic items a big deal for superheroes and to make it so that being super wealthy was an option. I'm also taking some liberties with the setting to compensate for there not being a wizard on every street. Haha

Edit: well, I should say that magic only exists in a negligible capacity. The average citizen has 1 hp, a +1 or +2 at their best skill, and are generally like flies compared to you guys. Clerics might be able to cast some basic spells but are pretty pointless compared to you guys.


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.
Kiwyn the White wrote:
”I am sorry for your loss. She says after a moment. ”I’m afraid though that there is nothing that can be done for him.” She places a hand on his arm and positive energy once again flows through her. A warm feeling spreads through Caleb.

Caleb feels the familiar wash of positive energy flow over his body.

She's a healer, too!
"Thank you", the godling spoke to the kitsune, as he looked into her eyes.
Watching Kiwyn shapechange into a fox and run toward the keep. Caleb looks to the armored man and the undine.
"If you both don't mind a bumpy ride, I can literally run us all up to Azlanti Keep", posed the big warrior.


As Lucca approaches the keep at an astounding speed, he begins to realize that the clouds that had formed above the keep aren't really clouds any longer. Instead, there is now a dark but transparent aura almost presenting some sort of barrier surrounding the entire keep.

There is something very off about what can be seen beyond this barrier. It's Azlanti Keep for sure, it would be hard to mistaken the sight of such a grand and well-built keep, but everything within the aura appears decrepit and broken down. The road is covered in dust and ash just beyond the barrier within the aura while it is completely clean outside the aura. The tall and once strong walls appear to be falling down with bricks laying around the base and somewhat collapsed in places, there are piles of bones scattered around the land within the aura that are also covered in dust and ash, and the entire keep almost seems like it is in a dark and cloudy place despite the sun currently shining down onto the area in the now late afternoon.

Some people are looking on in horror and there appears to be a local priest if Sarenrae trying to keep people from touching the barrier and talking to those who seem panicked.


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Fast as he could, Lucca tore around the area, making sure that it really was just a dome around this one area, before making his way to the priest of Sarenrae. Blurring up next to him in a flash of bright light, the speedster skidded to a halt next to him, looking from the barrier to the cleric beside him, Lucca jerked his head to the side. "Hi-I'm here to try to help. Any idea what that thing is?" Of course, his appearance was likely a little off-putting, especially the way he hid his face. Still, he was earnest-all he wanted to do was try and help these people.

Perception on the area for anything else strange: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Lucca doesn't notice anything else strange around the area, only that the difference between the area outside and inside the aura are vastly different despite nothing major seeming out of place.

The priest seems a little startled by Lucca's approach but breathes a sigh of relief once he says he's there to help.

"Whatever you do, do not step past this barrier." he says motioning to a pile of bones scattered across the ground just on the other side of the barrier that's covered in dust and ash just like the others.

"As strange as it may seem, that was once a curious man. He paid the price so that I may have the knowledge to warn others."

He pauses for a moment and reaches his hand out to Lucca. "Samahs is my name. I have no doubt this is the work of Marissa Vincere. Something must be done to stop her."


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | CMB +2 CMD 16 | Init +3 Perc +6

Colt was about to say something, but Lucca took off well before he could. As the citizens asked for their help, Colt was admittedly torn. On one hand, he didn't want to get deeply involved in something that could end poor for him. On the other... he adored the attention he got! Either way, that big cloud was troubling... if someone could summon a storm so localized, they must wield some powerful magic. Theoretically, Alkenstar, located in the heart of the Mana Wastes, would be safe... but that would still leave a lot of other potential problems...

If I recall the rules right, our land speed is 30 ft + 5 ft. for every Dex bonus we have, right? So mine is actually... 90 ft? Damn! I must have jet boosters on this arm!

"I'm pretty quick myself. Not as quick as him, but..." Colt held up his arm as it grew a line of metal plating along his back and shoulders, before unfolding into a set of thrusters that flared to life. "I can move fast. You'd better go on ahead. HEY! Guards... my sensors are picking up a lot of necromantic energy in the area. If I were you, I'd be much less handsome, but I'd also set up a safe zone around that little hydra. Don't want it rearing up and causing more trouble." At that, he lifted slightly off the ground and hovered off after the others.

**********

At the edge of the dome of strange magic, Colt retracted his boosters and approached the area, studying it. "What the hells... ACME, gimme a reading. What am I looking at?" He raised his arm, radar and lights once again roving the area as he looked at the monitor on his arm. It looked as if the area beyond had been replaced with some sort of dimensional shift... as if a hole in the planes had been opened up and switched with the area.

Detecting Magic to try and determine what the dome is made of.

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Colt isn't sure exactly what the barrier is or what it's doing but he does detect that the barrier itself has an overwhelming aura of Transmutation magic.


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Lucca nodded to the father, shaking his hand vigorously, giving him a bit of a static shock by accident with the hand shake. "Samahs. Nice to meet you. Poor guy" He looked to the remains, flinching, before turning back to him. "And who is she? Where is she? How do you know it was her?" he asked, perhaps spelling a bit too quickly for the man, but he was understandable.


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

Caleb's offer to carry Siren up to Azlanti Keep still stands. If she has her own way up, the godling runs up there by himself.
********
Both Siren and Caleb make it up to Azlanti Keep where the rest of the defenders gathered.
After listening to Samahs, the big warrior began to look around the area. Wondering outloud, Caleb said, "I wonder if there's anyway under the barrier?"
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | CMB +2 CMD 16 | Init +3 Perc +6

"I wouldn't try that, if I were you." Colt said, finishing his scan and pulling back his arm. "The amount of transmutation energy in that dome is off the scale... I can't even trace it on my current equipment. There's a decent chance that if you put your hand through that barrier, it will turn into a frog on the other side. Or set you on fire. Could do anything, really. No, we need more information before we go barreling in."

Colt folded his arms before turning to the Sarenrae priest. Sounded like he had some idea of who was behind this phenomenon. "Who's Marissa Vincere?"


Female Undine| HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (DR 2) | F: +2 R: +9 W: +4 | Perc: +2 | Init: +7 | Perform: 12/14

Siren hesitantly takes Caleb's offer - she's not too slow on her own two feet, but without knowing her way around the city, the offer of help is greatly appreciated.

She's restless almost as soon as they actually arrive, squirming out of Caleb's hold and taking a few quick steps away, distancing herself as she straightens out her robe.

"Seeing if there is a tunnel is not a bad thought. The barrier may well extend into the ground."

She looks up towards the keep, a thoughtful expression on her face, considering something for a few seconds before she speaks, as much to herself as it is to anyone else.

"... We do not have to find our own way in if she believes bringing us in is her idea. As prisoners or as guests, whatever story we think we can spin, yes?"


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.
Colt R. Warwick wrote:
Colt folded his arms before turning to the Sarenrae priest. Sounded like he had some idea of who was behind this phenomenon. "Who's Marissa Vincere?"

"She was the empress that ruled Absalom 100 years ago. She was overthrown and now it looks likes she back to pick up where she left off."

Caleb began to seethe. "Oh she's gonna get her's for what she did to Gyr!"


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

Lucca was both surprised and impressed that everyone else caught up to him as quickly as they did. "Do you think it's a barrier? Oris it full of the energy?" as he said energy, he got an idea. "Hey everyone, step back from it, I want to try something" as he spoke, his hands called with his own energy, lightning arcing of his fingers. Rearing back like a pitcher,he winged his arm forward, launching a small bolt of electrify at the energy field

Kinetic Blast: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Shape: two-tailed fox

Even with her head start, Kwyn arrived roughly the same time as the others. The metal-armed seemed capable of detecting magic so she left it to him. With her ears perked she listened as the others spoke, but busied herself examining the barrier's edge. Careful not to get to close the small fox dug at the ground near the barrier to see if it did extend into the ground.

When the young speedster attacks the dome the tiny fox jumps and yips in surprise.


"Right you are. Empress Vincere, as she was known at the time, had very strange connections to the mystic arts."

The priest shook his head.

"Many of the details were hidden from the public but scholars believe that magic like hers--and the magic required to cause this barrier--are the result of powerful artifacts forged by gods. Or perhaps something more fundamental to nature than even they."

-----

When the arc of lightning reaches the field, the effect is unusual. Rather than making contact with the barrier, it appears to pass right through but immediately lose its charge within a few milliseconds of reaching the other side. It seems like the electricity was prevented from continuing in by purely natural means, not magical resistance or any form of physical blocking.

-----

When digging at the ground at the edge of the barrier, it is clear that it doesn't extend underground far but that the dome is closed (meaning you wouldn't be able to dig up into it without passing through and suffering the effects of the aura).

DC 25 Knowledge (Arcana) with Detect Magic:

The overwhelming aura is specifically some form of time transmutation magic.


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.
Scaffold-Kane wrote:
When digging at the ground at the edge of the barrier, it is clear that it doesn't extend underground far but that the dome is closed (meaning you wouldn't be able to dig up into it without passing through and suffering the effects of the aura).

Caleb let out a curse. "$#\+! If Vincere is using artifact power for this barrier, it would likely be too much for any cleric or wizard to dispel."

The godling continues to pace around the barrier. "We can't possibly risk walking through the barrier without some kind of serious injury."
Caleb stops his pacing, quickly taking out his small steel mirror, and very carefully puts it halfway through the barrier, looking for any refraction of the barrier as the mirror passes it.


When the mirror passes through the barrier, it feels as though the barrier has no real tangible force to it. It was as-if the mirror was simply passing through air. There is no refraction but the half of the mirror that enters the barrier quickly fades and becomes covered in dust and ash. The metal backing to the mirror immediately becomes rusted and weak as rusted flakes fall from the back of the mirror onto the ground on the opposite side of the barrier.

-----

"We need to research this strange aura as quickly as possible if there is any hope of stopping Marissa." Samahs speaks up "At my church in the Coins district, I have a large collection of tomes about the legends surrounding various artifacts. Perhaps there is one that can give us a hint about what is happening here."

He gives pause for a moment before continuing. He is clearly shaken by the events of the day. He hands Lucca a sheet of paper.

"Here. This is the address to my church. Please see me if you find anything out. I must rest and study."

He will wait around for a moment to see if anyone wants to address him before leaving in the direction from which the party came.


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

Caleb walks back over to the others and shows them the barrier's reaction to the mirror.
"Yep. This is a 20 keg problem, and all I got is a shot glass", the big warrior bemused.

Scaffold-Kane wrote:

"We need to research this strange aura as quickly as possible if there is any hope of stopping Marissa." Samahs speaks up "At my church in the Coins district, I have a large collection of tomes about the legends surrounding various artifacts. Perhaps there is one that can give us a hint about what is happening here."

He gives pause for a moment before continuing. He is clearly shaken by the events of the day. He hands Lucca a sheet of paper.

"Here. This is the address to my church. Please see me if you find anything out. I must rest and study."

"Well", Caleb sighed, "it's a start. Thanks, Samahs."

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
"I know the way for you 'out-of-towners'."


8 / 8 hp | AC: 16/16t/10f | DR: 4/- | F+2/R +6/W +6 | Per: +9, Low-light | Spells left: Wiz 0-3, 1-2 / Arc 0-4, 1-0 | Reservoirs: Arc 3/4max Arch 2/7max

Shape: two-tailed fox

Kiwyn watched Lucca's electricity fizzle out just past the barrier. She shook her head and continued digging. Eventually she snorted as she realized the barrier curved under, blocking passage. The tiny fox turns away from the hole to rejoin the others turning back into her kitsune form as she does.

Shape: kitsune

"This is troubling, the barrier extents only a little underground, but it seems to bend back making a tunnel unlikely. But it can't hurt to look." The vixen says as she walks up. She regards the metal-armed Colt. "If the barrier is as strong as you say, I fear we may be out of our depths. But we can still try."

Regarding the mirror Kiwyn frowns. "It seems the barrier ages things passing through it. It would explain the bone remains and the yellow one's electrical attack fizzling out so quickly."

She faces Samahs as he speaks and nods in agreement. "Learning more is always a wise choice."

Caleb Zephorn Caliban wrote:
"I know the way for you 'out-of-towners'."

Kiwi nods. "Please then, lead the way." She looks back at Samahs again, smiles and bows slightly. "Thank you for your help."


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | CMB +2 CMD 16 | Init +3 Perc +6

"Magic is no different than science. It has to follow rules. Doesn't matter who wields it or what it does. The more info we have on hand, the better a plan we can make." Colt said, taking both Siren and Kiwyn's observations into consideration. "Si has a point, though... if we knew of a way to get this lady's guard down... we might have a way in. But I'd rather learn more about this. I don't want to age to dust, so a back up plan would be nice."

"Lead the way, Caleb. If our friend has tomes, I'd like a look at them."


Male Human (taldane)| HP: 17/19 | DR 6/- | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 Gestalt Mighty Godling/Eldritch (divine) Godling/1st| Speed 90ft | Str Pool: 5/7 | Active conditions: None.

As Caleb leads his fellow defenders into the Coin District, The big warrior tries some small talk.
"So..perhaps it's time for some introductions..?" Caleb lets the comment hang in the air, hoping someone else will go first.


Live Lightning Hp 15/15; AC 28; Fort 6 Ref 11 Will 4; initiative 12; Perception 10; DR 4; CMB 14 CMD 28

While tempted to take off his mask and give his real name, he remembered it was the man asking who the map had lead to, so he hesitated. "Well, I've been called a lot of things. Living Lightning, Crimson Bolt. Flash. Scarlet Speedster. I kinda like Live Lightning, though I'm open to suggestions. Pardon the nomme de plumes, but uh, I don't really want people to know what I look like under here. There's people I'd rather keep my face from, if that's alright. If they knew it was me who was under here, it might cause a problem" When he said that, he did give Caleb an odd glance, but behind the mask it might not be obvious.

51 to 100 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Superheroes of Golarion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.