SR's - Silent Gods (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven


951 to 1,000 of 2,582 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Ok, sounds good. I thought that was the case, but I figured I'd ask.

The momentum of the swing carries the big man forward. He moves straight for the other sawtongue, swinging Beula furiously.

Move to J57 (diagonal down/right, then down x2, then right)

Hero Point: Extra standard, swing Beula at the Sawtongue.

Attack, IC 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Damage, IC 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Rat Bastard

And yet another Sawtongue head goes spinning into the darkness...

Well played, sir. :)

Round: 2

ORDER: Jak, Lyrica, Aerik, Ezekiel, Sprinting Dead, Marcus

MAP: Crypt

A's HPs: 0|14 staggered
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 10|14

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1
Disease Saves (later):

Bad Guys
none


I'm glad that worked out--I'm now out of Hero Points and if I missed there I would have been screwed, but I didn't see another way to give everyone a chance to protect Aerik. Now all I have to do is survive until Level 3 and then I can cheat death. Easy, right? ;-)


Rat Bastard

Piece of cake.


Jak steps up behind Zeke as he draws his whip, "We gotta get Aerik outta there!"

He tries to thread his whip around both Zeke and Aerik to trip the sharp-tongued-thing.

:: Round 2 ::
Persistent: Lingering Performance (rd 1 of 2)
FREE: step to G.54
MOVE: draw whip
STANDARD: Trip saw-tooth in J.54
.
Trip 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 8; IC, cover

status:
HP 7/10
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous + Inspire Courage)

Horror Points: 1

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1


Rat Bastard

Jak sidesteps and his whip slashes at the beast astride the sarcophagus but fails to wrap around a limb.

Next UP... Lyrica, Aerik (staggered), and Ez


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Round 2

"Dear Sarenrae protect Aerik!"

Lyrica moves south to I55 and with her scimitar slashes it into the undead fiend (at J54).

"In the name of the Everlight you will die!"

Scimitar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 (+3 Strength, +1 BAB, +1 Weapon Focus, +1 Inspire Courage)
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 (+3 Strength, +1 Inspire Courage)

She then takes a 5 foot step south to J55.


Rat Bastard

Lyrica steps in beneath the swinging arms of the undead behemoth and slashes upward - shearing away the forearm of the creature. Nevertheless, it still menaces the staggering Druid.

Next UP... Aerik & Ez


Round 2

Ezekiel reloads the crossbow and takes another shot at the creature. "Damnit, just die!"

X-bow + PBS + IC: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage + PBS + IC: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Aerik gasps and coughs up blood, trying to back away from the creature that struck him such a greivous wound.

Ill go to G-52 if i can get there, or G-54 if i can't. I never remember the moving thru allies rules. Disabled means no withdraw action, just a regular move, so I curse your AoO!!!! ;)


Rat Bastard

Aerik staggers backwards as best he can. It isn't enough. The hulking undead slams a meaty arm down like Sarenrae's judgment onto the druid's shoulder - driving him into the hard stone floor. His clavicle and a rib snap under the blow.

The boneless druid drops, giving Ezekiel a clean shot. His crossbow bolt plunges through the beast's neck and spine, skewering vertebrae and pushing them out the back in a spray of flesh. The beast tumbles from the sarcophagus and onto the prone druid - destroyed.

Round: 2

ORDER: Jak, Lyrica, Aerik, Ezekiel, Sprinting Dead, Marcus

MAP: Crypt

A's HPs: -8|14 out
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 10|14

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1
Disease Saves (later):

Bad Guys
none

BOOM:
AoO (20/x2) v Aerik AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22 high ground
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


The ranger's attention is diverted by the druid hitting the floor like a corpse. In that moment of distraction, the remaining zombie leaps - fists flailing. Marcus avoids the left but the whistling right haymaker nearly proves his undoing. The meaty fist hammers his temple, snaps his head sideways, and pops his jaw out of the socket. Marcus tastes a mouthful of blood as his vision swims and goes blurry. His knees buckle briefly but he remains standing on wobbly feet.

Marcus is at 0 HP and staggered.

Round: 2

ORDER: Jak, Lyrica, Aerik, Ezekiel, Sprinting Dead, Marcus

MAP: Crypt

A's HPs: -8|14 out
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 0|14 staggered

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1
Disease Saves (later):

Bad Guys
none

BOOM:
SLAM#1 (20/x2) v Marcus AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

SLAM#2 (20/x2) v Marcus AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Crit?
CONF: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Nope
DAM: 6 + 4 = 10


Marcus reels from the devastating blow.

Delay


Rat Bastard

Noted.

Round: 3

ORDER: Jak, Lyrica, Aerik (dying), Ezekiel, Marcus (Delay), Sprinting Dead


Just to prepost, Ezekiel's action will be to attempt to stabilize Aerik. I'll be at work all day when I leave. Feel free to roll it for me. +8 to the roll with the healer's kit.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Round 3

Lyrica turns and makes a 5 foot step to J56 and swings her scimitar at the zombie, but perhaps a little too cautiously.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"You will be going down, you wretched creature of undeath!"


Seeing Zeke looking towards Aerik, Jak tries to think fast. "Lyrica! We have to buy Marcus some time! Does Aerik have any more of old Zarzanna's curative mixes? Hang in there, Marcus, I'll get you some help if there's one left!"

He steps up next to Aerik's still form (trying not to slip on the guts of the destroyed thing), turning the older man over to search through his pack for one of Zarzana's brews.

:: Round 3 ::
Persistent: Inspire Courage +1 (Lingering Performance rd 2 of 2)
MOVE to J.54
STANDARD: fish the potion of CLW out of Aerik's pack (it's still listed in his gear, so I'm assuming it's available)

status:
HP 7/10
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous + Inspire Courage)

Horror Points: 1

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1


Marcus grimly shakes his head at Howell and flings his shield aside. He spits a mouthful of blood and speaks through the pain.

There's no time. Find the Pale, and take his hand. Ole' Merl kept a sharp blade--use this, if I don't make it.

He winces, raising the axe in two hands and bringing it crashing down toward the remaining monstrosity.

If I can drop the shield as a free action I will, raising the damage below by 2. If that's a move action (I'm unsure, and can't look it up right now), just count the flinging the shield as "flavor text", as I only get a single action.

Standard: Attack, IC 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Damage, IC 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Edited to take away the "two-handed" designation, in case I can't throw the shield away


I hope that hits! I didn't see any other options being staggered, so I hope we all pull through this. Do your worst, Evil DM! Hey, at least you have to pick which one of us to kill now, haha!


Rat Bastard

Jak and Ezekiel rush to the aid of the dying druid. The scoundrel pulls the corrupted corpse off Aerik while the alchemist begins first aid on the pale and all but lifeless man. Jak digs a small flask from Aerik's backpack as the alchemist hammers on the druid's chest to get him breathing again. Miraculously, it works. Aerik draws ragged breath again - but their rhythm is regular.

Lyrica rushes forward and slides on the gore-slick floor, her scimitar flying wide of the mark. The ranger's vision darkens and his grasp on consciousness is a fleeting thing. Marcus drops his shield and hefts the massive blade with two hands, looking to end the fight before it ends him. He delivers a titanic blow. It catches the monster across the clavicle and shears down into the body cavity - shattering ribs, destroying organs, and slicing away huge chunks of necrotic flesh. A full third of the monster is cleaved free and slaps against the floor. Organs spill from the open cavity. It is an incredible wound and utterly repellant to every witness.

But the creature still stands and it winds up its remaining arm and bulk to attack once more...

Say your prayers, Ranger. Your hour may have come round at last. >:)

Round: 3

ORDER: Jak, Lyrica, Aerik (out), Marcus (staggered), Ezekiel, Sprinting Dead

MAP: Crypt

A's HPs: -8|14 stabilized
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 0|14 staggered

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1
Disease Saves (later):

Bad Guys
none

EZ Action:
Heal v DC151d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 4 = 21 Heart of Wilderness


I think I should actually be at -1. If you take a standard action at 0, don't you drop to -1?


I think so. *shrugs*


Doh! Yep, Marcus is out.

Beula rings against the stone floor, dropped from the nerveless fingers of the collapsed ranger. The half-hewn undead stands triumphant, raising its trunk-like leg ready to crush the life out of Marcus. It's killing blow is checked by a light voice from the dark recesses of the room.

Kill the God-speaker first. She fouls my domain with the name of her pathetic Goddess.

The zombie obeys without hesitation; it lashes out at Lyrica. She barely manages to sidestep the whistling punch. Looking high, she misses the low kick that smashes into the side of her knee - crunching cartilage and bruising down to the bone.

Round: 4

ORDER: Jak, Lyrica, Aerik (stable), Marcus (dying), Ezekiel, Sprinting Dead

MAP: Crypt

A's HPs: -8|14 stabilized
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 5|15
M's HPs: -1|14 dying

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1
Disease Saves (later):

Bad Guys
none

BOOM:
SLAM#1 (20/x2) v Lyrica AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

SLAM#1 (20/x2) v Lyrica AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Round 4

Lyrica feels the screaming bite of pain hit as the Zombie's kick lands to her knee. She tries to think about her training when she attacks back, but the pain is just too great.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Rat Bastard

Next UP... Jak & Ezekiel


Question, does Aerik still have a magic stone with him?


Ezekiel Druiminn wrote:
Question, does Aerik still have a magic stone with him?

naw, the duration ran out when we rested. :(


Rat Bastard

The mostly dead druid speaks the truth. :)


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)
stormraven wrote:
The mostly dead druid speaks the truth. :)

Wheres Miracle Max when you need him?


Round 4

Ezekiel takes up his crossbow in bloody hands, messily loading a bolt into it as he moves around for a clear shot at the creature. "Must stop it, must stop it NOW!" he thinks to himself as he moves.

Standard reload x-bow, move to H58.


Rat Bastard

Ezekiel moves to line up another, hopefully devastating, shot.

Next UP... Jak


Oof… i think we find ourselves at the tipping point. To engage or flee? Seems like everyone wants to engage. :)

Jak realizes that his friends are committed, and the best thing he can do is help. "Bring it down fast!" he roars as he scrambles atop the sarcophagus next to him. Then he leaps south onto the next coffin, hopping down and continuing around in an attempt to flank the fast undead thing. "It's like the zombies we fought earlier… but faster!"

:: round 4 ::
STANDARD: inside courage +1 (1/7 rds remaining)
MOVE: travel in the following path. I tried to account for hopping up and over stuff. SR, let me know if my Acro rolls mean I can't get to the desired square.
K.55 > L.55 > M.56 > M.57 > L.58 (If he can't quite make that last, he'll finish in L.57 if possible)

Rolls:
Take as many of these as you need to adjudicate the movement intended.
.
Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

status:
HP 7/10
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous + Inspire Courage)

Horror Points: 1

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1


Rat Bastard

Jak sprints and leaps across the tops of the sarcophagi to skid into place flanking the undead abomination.

You are at L58. Jak, did you drop your torch somewhere? Just curious.

Next UP... the Dead


Following the wishes from the chuckling voice in the deeper darkness, the half-destroyed undead focuses all its wrath on the Paladin. Lyrica's knee grinds as if it were packed with sand as she tries to dodge the pummeling fists that rain down relentlessly. She tirelessly blocks a half dozen blows, each one straining her leg and driving her closer to the floor. Finally, a blow slams across the top of her skull - a glancing blow to be sure - but in her weakened condition, it is enough. The Paladin drops to her knees trying to stave off unconsciousness.

Lyrica is at 0 HP and staggered - but still standing. The rest was just color.

Round: 5

ORDER: Jak, Lyrica (staggered), Aerik (stable), Marcus (dying), Ezekiel, Sprinting Dead

MAP: Crypt

A's HPs: -8|14 stabilized
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 0|15 staggered
M's HPs: -1|14 out

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1
Disease Saves (later):

Bad Guys
none

BOOM:
SLAM#1 (20/x2) v Lyrica AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

SLAM#1 (20/x2) v Lyrica AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


stormraven wrote:
You are at L58. Jak, did you drop your torch somewhere? Just curious.

No, I forgot that I had both hands full. When pulling out the potion, Jak would have dropped the whip. :(


Though all of a sudden I find that I have to drop it now… :(

The torch flares as it hits the floor, throwing strange shadows into the darkness. In one swift motion, he yanks his belt dagger out, bleeds off an ounce of his power, and drives it at the thing's neck.

:: Round 5 ::
FREE: continue Inspire (0 of 7 rds remaining)
FREE: drop torch
MOVE: draw dagger
SWIFT: Arcane Strike
STANDARD: attack it!

Rolls:
modified by: Inspire Courage +1, Flank, Arcane Strike
.
Dagger 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26 <--- CRIT?
---> Damage 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 9
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
---> Total crit damage 9 + 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ 9 + (4) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 18

status:
HP 7/10
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous + Inspire Courage)

Horror Points: 1

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1


Rat Bastard

Quicker than a viper, Jak's dagger is out of its sheathe and hilted into the base of the creature's skull. Its mouth hangs open for a moment, sporting a new steel tongue. The scoundrel yanks the blade free as the creature collapses in a pile of fetid corruption, eternally at rest.

COMBAT OVER

A's HPs: -8|14 stabilized
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 0|15 staggered
M's HPs: -1|14 stabilized

Stabilization Check DC10 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 4 = 15


Jak hastily wipes the dagger's blade on his pant-leg before resheathing it, eyes frantically searching the darkness near where he heard the voice of the re-dead thing's master.

"It appears we find ourselves intruding on your domain," he says in a voice with more than a hint of real fear. He searches for any type of stalling tactic, "We didn't realize anyone was in here, so if you don't mind, we can just head out."

Bluff to hide their intentions and buy time 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

He strains against the darkness to try to catch any hint of what type of creature he's talking to or – more importantly – if it's the creature they've come to kill. Er… re-kill.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

As he listens for a response, he backs toward the big woodsman on the floor. Trying to keep his eyes on the mysterious creature, he turn Marcus's mouth up and unceremoniously dumps the contents of the potion into his mouth.

Pour potion of CLW into his Marcus's mouth 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Zeke, could you use Heal to Treat Deadly Wounds on Lyrica? It'd only give her 1 hp, but it'd remove her Staggered condition. I can't seem to find how long that takes in the skill use's writeup, though.

EDIT: nvm... treating deadly wounds requires an hour. So unless our host is FAR more hospitable than I expect him to be, we're probably out of luck there.


Also, if Marcus wakes up...

Jak, still watching the darkness, mutters, "I fvckin' told you I'm not carrying your heavy ass out of here. You're more stubborn than you look. Fortunately, so am I."


Jak wrote:
"We didn't realize anyone was in here, so if you don't mind, we can just head out."

The voice from the darkness is tinged with irony, "Be my guest. However, by long custom, it's polite to bring a gift - food or drink - when visiting a stranger. I don't suppose you brought the girl as a gift? Ah, well, I'll have to make do with what you've already given me..."

There is a flash of movement - something large - from beyond the stone pillar blocking the exit to the south. Something oblong is lobbed towards your group. The remains of one of the Sawtongue heads rolls to a stop at your feet. Its 3' tongue has been bit off at the root, the eyes sockets have been scoured clean, and most of the flesh on the skull has been sucked off, where it isn't withered with cold. Frost clings to a large portion of the skull like mold.

Jak picks up his dropped torch and gives the southern end of the room a good look. Without getting too much closer, it looks as if a thick black stone pillar sits in the entrance - from floor to ceiling. Beyond it, you catch sight of some arcane symbols on the floor and a large, fountain filled with gently glowing water.

Fountain Room

A's HPs: -8|14 stabilized
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 0|15 staggered
M's HPs: 8|14

rolls:
SM 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Are we still in combat rounds? I"m assuming no, but I'm not sure how granular my actions need to be.

And Zeke, you're out of bombs and infusions, right?


Rat Bastard

We are out of combat rounds. Although, if people are doing healing and whatnot, I'll be tracking the time and trying to keep things on a pretty even keel - so Jak isn't 20 rounds ahead of everyone else.


Marcus blinks, startled awake by the mix of blood and something foul in his mouth. The ground is cold and slick with gore and, for a moment, absolute terror fills his thoughts. He had known the strength of the creatures blows, yet felt an unexplainable strength running through his limbs. Is this what it feels like? The moment I turn into one of those...things? How much time do I have?

He reaches for Beula and wonders if he has the will to end his own life before the transformation occurs and sees Jak standing over him with an empty vial.

Jak Howell wrote:


Jak, still watching the darkness, mutters, "I fvckin' told you I'm not carrying your heavy ass out of here. You're more stubborn than you look. Fortunately, so am I."

Zarzanna... he thinks, as he tests his limbs and stands cautiously.

He stows the glowing axe and claps Jakwin on the back with a (albeit blood-clotted) grin.

Me? Stubborn? You should see Heather when I try to get her to sew something. Now that is a sight. Color returns to the big man's face as his mind goes elsewhere for a brief moment. He slings his shield across his back and starts slowly backing up toward Aerik.

Thanks for the drink, Howell. That s!@@ was so disgusting it makes you forget you're supposed to be dead, but I'm thankful for it. And anyone in the Drear calls Zarzanna a 'witch' has me to answer to, from now on.

Reaching the druid, Marcus crouches and, as gently as he can, picks him up in two hands like an over-sized baby. He sees his chest rise and fall but can't discern anything else about his condition.

Let's get out of here. Doc, he gonna be alright? he says to Ezekiel concern on his face.

Seeing Lyrica standing, but only just, Marcus looks at Jak, then Lyrica, then back at Jak.

Bluff, coded message to Jak, "You going to help her out of here? C'mon, ladies' man! 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


For clarity, is there any way to tell if the head that was tossed at/towards us was one of the saw-tongues from the room we're in? Or was it probably one that "our host" already had in-room with him?

Jak puts his shoulder under Lyrica's arm, mouthing to the group, 'Be ready to run.'

Translation: I'm about to possibly poke the hornet's nest.

He speaks as he works, "So I gotta ask." He sets down the torch, pulling out one of the rocks he gathered from outside. "Who are you? I've always heard this place was some old, forgotten tomb." A few whispered words, and the bracelet's light winks out, and the pebble now shines in the darkness. "Always helps a guy's chances with a girl to have a few stories of danger and mystery, but this is altogether different."

Without getting any closer, he tosses it towards the opening, hoping to get a glimpse of the creature on the far side.

Cast Light on a pebble, then toss it just in front of the stone that blocks the southern door, hoping to catch a glimpse of whatever's on the other side.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Lyrics puts her arm around Jak's shoulder and hangs onto him for support.

"Oh Jak, I'm sorry to be such a burden on you and everyone, but I'm not sure I can make it on my own. I don't want to die here. Will you please get me out of here?"


Judging from the axe-like sever mark at the neck, this is the head of one of the Sawtongues that Marcus polished off. At least one head went spinning off in the darkness at the southern end of the room. Of course, did it just happen to slide through those narrow gaps is the real question, isn't it? >:)
In the heat of battle, you really can't say. Perhaps if someone with tracking moved closer to the doorway and looked for evidence (Tracking), you might find the answer to that question. :)

Jak hurls the glowing rock and it clatters down near the doorway. It casts more light in the Fountain Room, revealing slices of the curved far wall as well as illuminating more of the arcane symbols that grace the floor. The fountain, too, becomes easier to see. It is made of a white stone and has three levels. From the top springs a bubbling spray of water that overspills the fluted bowl and rains down into the second, larger punchbowl. Around the scalloped sides are etched elegant twining leaves. The water splashes in this bowl till it waterfalls down, through a series of notched culverts into the massive circular trough at the bottom. The sides of the trough are etched with floral and pastoral scenes of delicate beauty.

The dimly lit rock also reveals the stone slab blocking the doorway. It is a skillful piece of engineering - it is coming through the floor and ceiling. whether it lowers into the floor or raises into the ceiling, you can't say but it is a formidable bit of hewn rock - every bit as tough as the Teeth of Angarak.

Jak wrote:
"Who are you? I've always heard this place was some old, forgotten tomb."

The voice sounds from the untouched darkness of the Fountain Room, briefly bitter, "It is and I am. I am the Forgotten... and now we are introduced, save for one. There is Aerik... doing poorly, I think. Marcus... newly recovered. Lovely Lyrica who's Goddess is seemingly absent, 'Doc', and you are Jak of the family of Howell. And you come from a witch ridiculously named Zarzanna and are armed by someone called Merl. But what is Doc's name? And weave me a tale of your adventures Jak Howell." He chuckles, "Unless my ears deceive you may yet get the girl with the tale of your dangers thus far excluding my minor inclusion. You certainly have one hanging upon you like a disease."

Fountain Room (updated)

A's HPs: -8|14 stabilized
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 0|15 staggered
M's HPs: 8|14


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

"What do you mean absent?! My dear Dawnflower guides and protects me always! She has always been there for me and she will never abandon me! She also does not tolerate such pure evil in this land. If I can serve her I will try to bring peace to this land and smite whatever evil is beyond redemption!"


Lyrica wrote:
"She also does not tolerate such pure evil in this land."

The voice chuckles lightly, "And yet here I am - unsmote and seemingly tolerated by your Goddess. How do you explain that, I wonder?"


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Lyrica begins to panic.

Sarenrae, guide me and protect me! The world needs your kind, forgiving spirit and with your holy fire, you need to protect your people from the evil that is beyond redemption!

"I don't know what is happening, but the Dawnflower often shows mercy! Consider yourself fortunate!"

951 to 1,000 of 2,582 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Silent Gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.