SR's - Silent Gods (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven


901 to 950 of 2,582 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Rat Bastard

Ez... your move.


Round 1

"I see it too." Ezekiel raises his crossbow and brings it to bear on the flying creature, waiting for it to move.

Standard to ready an attack if it turns hostile.

Ready Attack:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Add 1 to both if in 30'.


As well as Marcus can see the beast, it can see him. A ghastly form sails from the shadows...

Ezekiel sees it fully as it streaks into the torchlight. Startled by its appearance, his crossbow bolt flies wide of the mark. After all, who expects to see a rotting, tentacle-laden and fanged fiend's head flying in courtesy of ragged bat wings?

The foul creature descends on Marcus with a vengeance, trying to slither past Beula so it can strike at his unguarded face. But the ranger's quick defense keeps the creature at bay... barely.

Aerik thinks I wonder if he wants his helmet back?

Round: 1

ORDER: Ezekiel, Marcus, Flapper, Lyrica, Jak, Aerik

MAP: Fly by Night

A's HPs: 10|14
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 10|14

Effects:
Good Guys
none

Bad Guys
none

BOOM:
SLAM v Marcus AC:21 (total defense)
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
DAM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sheesh! A perfectly great face-eating monster attack wasted! Oh, the humanity.


Whew, close call!


Rat Bastard

Very. Good choice on that action.


Marcus is a tactical genius, hehe. ;-) Speaking of tactics, do y'all want to delay so me and Lyrica can hammer away at this guy and then step back so you "rangey-folks" can bombard it?


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Round 1

Lyrica takes out her scimitar and swings it at the flying creature.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

"You will not harm my friends if I have anything to say about it!"

Lyrica then takes a 5 foot step (to I46) in an attempt to maneuver around it.


Rat Bastard

Lyrica clouts the fell beast and shaves off a tentacle which drops to the floor and writhes like a headless black snake for a few moments. Then she steps forward, trying to flank the creature.

Next UP... Jak & Aerik


"KILL IT!" Jak shouts as he pulls his morningstar.

:: Round 1 ::
STANDARD: Inspire Courage +1 (3/7 rounds remaining for the day)
MOVE: Draw morningstar

status:
HP 7/10
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous + Inspire Courage)

Horror Points: 1

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1


Rat Bastard

Aerik, you're up.


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Move Action to J-46

Std Action Shield Bash

Attack Roll with Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Dmg: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5


Rat Bastard

Jak exorts his allies to fight while Aerik tries to hammer the flapping horror with his shield. The creature jinks to the side avoiding the blow.

Round: 2

ORDER: Marcus, Ezekiel, Flapper, Lyrica, Jak, Aerik

MAP: Fly by Night

A's HPs: 10|14
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 10|14

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1 ATT/DAM

Bad Guys
none


Standard: Attack with Beula! IC 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 27

Damage: IC 8 + 4 + 1 = 13

Crit Confirm 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 16

Extra Damage if applicable 2d8 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 + 2 = 18


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

And BOOM goes the dynamite!


Rat Bastard

Marcus watches the creature dodge and jink. He finds the pattern in the movement and strikes - hilting the entire axe-head right between the creature's blank eyes. The blow bisects what passes for the creature's brain. It hits the floor in a gore-streaked lump.

Combat OVER... definitively.


I believe that's one way to perform a lobotomy, Marucs.

"Excellent work, Marucs." Ezekiel reloads his crossbow, keeping it pointed towards the ceiling, looking for any other creatures before coming up. "Let me take a look at the...at the corpse for a moment."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Heal Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Rat Bastard

What are you trying to determine from those checks, Ez?


The perception was a general looking for danger at the ceilings, like maybe another hiding in the shadows above. The heal was an examination of the body if safe. Is it, or was, human? If not if I can identify at least a base creature. If it's still alive and healing to pounce upon us later. That kind of thing.


Rat Bastard

Cool. Thanks.

Ez Only:
You don't see any other dangers in the area.
The creature is quite dead. What its race was is very hard to determine. It is clearly decayed, corrupted, and definitely doesn't bear the typical qualities of any of the mortal races you know. At a guess, it was an outer-planar beastie of some sort, possibly from one of the lower planes.


No signs of danger, Ezekiel quietly lays down his crossbow and healer's satchel. Opening it he carefully removes a leather wrapped package in which he kept his scalpels. Selecting one, he carefully begins to cut a slit down the front of the creature. With gloved hands, he prods inside for a moment, grimacing. "I can say whatever this is, it wasn't human. At least not in the physical sense. The, corruption, inside it. If I were to guess, this was once a creature from outside our realm." Ezekiel sets about cleaning his tools off as he stands, picking up his crossbow, ready to continue on.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Zeke wrote:
"I can say whatever this is, it wasn't human. At least not in the physical sense. The, corruption, inside it. If I were to guess, this was once a creature from outside our realm."

"Sarenrae be praised that we put an end to it! The Everlight is guiding us safely along this way and giving us the strength to face these outsider fiends. They are certainly the most evil of creatures that I have ever known. Little by little and one step at a time, she will guide us to persevere and take down all the evil in this land. Shall we push onward while we are still strong enough?"


"Holy sh!t, Marcus. I suddenly feel sympathy for a whole bunch of trees."

Ezekiel wrote:
"I can say whatever this is, it wasn't human. At least not in the physical sense. The, corruption, inside it. If I were to guess, this was once a creature from outside our realm."

"So... what's it doing in a barrow? Would something or someone have to bring it here? Or can it move from realm to realm on its own?"

Seeing Lyrica prepare to move on, Jak once again puts away his morningstar.


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

"I'm not sure where it came from, but let's stay sharp. However it got here, it may have come in a group."


Jak Howell wrote:

"Holy sh!t, Marcus. I suddenly feel sympathy for a whole bunch of trees."

Marcus shrugs, then crouches, wiping the gore off Guthwite's axe.

Guess I've just had enough of floating heads.

Jak Howell wrote:
"So... what's it doing in a barrow? Would something or someone have to bring it here? Or can it move from realm to realm on its own?"

Can't say I know for certain how any of this evil magic stuff works, but seems that something strong enough to wake the dead could bring some things from other worlds to this one. Hell, look at the Blood Moon--one of the signs is undead and one is demons and such. Seems like Angarak doesn't discriminate when he's picking friends.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

"I am under the impression that evil seems to attract more evil and they all like hanging out together. Let's hope it will help us put an end to all of it at once!"


Rat Bastard

Our heroes stray into the opening of a large vaulted chamber. At the frayed edge of their lights, they make out the stone rectangles of more sarcophagi. One of them appears to be open. Echoing distinctively from beyond the sarcophagi is the consistent babbling sound of running and splashing water. Unfortunately, their meager torches don't reach that far. So the source of the water is a mystery.

MAP: Crypt

Jayse & Marcus:
You hear something moving in the area ahead but with the echoes off the stone, you can't tell from where.

Aerik:
You hear something moving in the area ahead. The echoes off the stone make it difficult to tell but you think it is coming from the left.

Actions?

Stuff:
Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

A's Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 4 = 23 range
E's Perception: 1d20 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 3 = 10
J's Perception: 1d20 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 3 = 18
L's Perception: 1d20 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 3 = 5
M's Perception: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 = 14


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Lyrica draws her scimitar and looks around cautiously.

"Another open sarcophagi! This can never be good. Be on your guard, my friends!"

Lyrica uses her detect evil to scan the area for the presence of evil.


If Jayse is here, I vote that he takes point. That guy is a BEAST. ;-)


Marcus will hold up a hand for silence and draw Beula, walking slowly forward as quietly as he can.

Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Rat Bastard

Marcus, what square are you advancing to?

Lyrica Only - Detect Evil Rnd 1:
You detect evil roughly in the southern end of the room.
Based your current position, the walls block much of your ability to see.

ALL - Please toss in initiative rolls when you post. They'll be needed soon.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"There is something evil in the southern end of the room, but I cannot see it! Be careful!"

Lyrica tightens her grip on her scimitar and prepares for the inevitable battle.


Rat Bastard

Just to be clear, Lyrica, you are detecting some evil only within your visual range to the south. 1' of stone blocks your ability to detect evil, so you can't attempt to detect evil in any square blocked by the walls. Because of that you aren't able to detect evil below the J row just around the corner or the K row on the far side. To get a full view of the room and potentially more evil than you detect currently, you'll need to move further into the room.


Just a couple squares in. I think it's G55

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Aerik warns his companions, pointing north as he whispers.

"Careful, I think something's approaching from that way."

Then he moves up to support Marcus. (One square behind him)

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 = 25


Inish: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Sorry for the radio silence. Busy couple of days.
Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.
STONE-FACED KILLA

Also, bring it, bastards! :D


Rat Bastard

Who am I to say 'no'? Consider it 'brought'.
Marcus, stealth is pretty hard to come by since you've set off the Mindstab Fungus, Lyrica dropped an exclamation or two, and you are walking into a lightless crypt carrying a big-ass glowing axe. :)

Marcus and Aerik advance into the lightless crypt. The glowing Beula reveals a line of sarcophagi. Crawling across one, its claws, scraping stones, is some sort of nude, rotting monstrosity that looks vaguely human.

Round: 1

ORDER: Jak, ????, Lyrica, Aerik, Ezekiel, ????, Marcus

MAP: Crypt

A's HPs: 10|14
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 10|14

Effects:
Good Guys
none

Bad Guys
none

DM:
#1 Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
#2 Init 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4


Meh, if there was something relying on hearing to detect my immediate presence it might have helped but I guess but, yeah, I'm wishing I had just forgotten the stealth and gotten the 20 for my init, hehe.


Jak, unable to see what made the noise, hustles forward, then suddenly stops, "What the hells is that?!"

I'm sure Religion is still the way to go, but on the off-chance…
Knowledge (Planes or Local) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Wracking his brain for any useful information, Jak's voice carries through the team, low but driving. "Eyes open, hands ready and feet light, people! Be ready for whatever that thing can send at us."

:: Round 1 ::
MOVE: to G.53
STANDARD: Inspire Courage +1 (2 of 7 rounds left)

status:
HP 7/10
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous + Inspire Courage)

Horror Points: 1

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1


Jak rushes forward to see what our valiant heroes are facing...

Jak Only:
Normally, this would be a K:Religion roll but seeing as this creature looks kind of familiar, I'll take your roll instead.
The creature crouching on the tomb looks pretty similar to the zombies you encountered when you first entered the barrow. But this guy is leaner, moves with more agility, and seems a mite quicker.

As Jak assesses the threat, a very different creature squeezes out from the open sarcophagus and crawls onto the stone floor, flexing gore-crusted claws. Its tight skin looks like a sickly bruise over its whipcord thin body. The mouth is full of sharp teeth that are blackened with filth and decay. It quickly swipes its face 'clean' with a 3' long serrated tongue and tenses, ready to pounce. This is clearly the monster whose evil the Paladin sensed.

Unfortunately, it isn't alone. Just as Aerik warns of a possible danger from the north, from that direction, another of the long-tongued beasts appears on the heels of a strange organic scraping sound. Its vile tongue is seductively wrapped around the skull and spine of a well-chewed skeleton that it drags across the floor. At the sight of fresh meat, the skeleton is forgotten. The serrated tongue snaps loose from the skeleton and lashes towards the Ranger's face, narrowly missing as Marcus' instinctively leans away from it. The monster's breath reeks of rotting flesh.

Round: 1

ORDER: Jak, Sawtongue, Lyrica, Aerik, Ezekiel, ????, Marcus

MAP: Crypt

A's HPs: 10|14
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 10|14

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1
Disease Saves (later):

Bad Guys
none

BOOM:
BITE v Marcus AC:15
HIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
DAM: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 + Fort Save v Paralysis
RND: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 If save failed


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Round 1

With her scimitar already drawn, Lyrica moves up (to H55) and stabs at the sawtongued fiend with a graceful flick of her blade.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 (+3 Strength, +1 BAB, +1 Weapon Focus, +1 Inspire Courage)
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 (+3 Strength, +1 Inspire Courage)


Rat Bastard

Lyrica slashes a rent into the hollow belly of the creature. It hisses in response, a sibilant whisper.

From the far southern end of the crypt, lost in the darkness beyond the torchlight, a deep sepulchral chuckling is heard.

Next UP... Aerik & Ez


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I'm getting a feeling similar to the first time I played Resident Evil. Eesh.

Aerik moves forward to clear a path for Zeke, (I-54) and fires at the creature in J-58. If I could see the guy farther south, I'd fire at him cause I assume dmg reduction on these sawtongues, but it looks like he is still out of light range even if I move up.

Sling with Courage: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24

Woot!

Confirm: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Shucks. :(

Dmg: 4 + 2 + 1 = 7

Extra Dmg if Crit: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6


Rat Bastard

Aerik & those interested in the old GSI Campaign:
In general, I try to avoid referencing the old campaign too much in this one but since you've been reading through it, I figured it couldn't hurt. There are some baddies and battles that I've really loved. And the Sawtongues (or as I called a version of them in GSI, 'Greyhounds') were one of my favorites. It was very Resident Evil though that wasn't particularly my intent. I think I called the battle "In the Dogpound" on the Campaign tab. If you are interested in reading through the fight, check it out here: Resident F'd-Up. Naturally, the Greyhounds were a little more hopped up version of the Sawtongues and there were a whole lot more of them. :) Despite Jayse's bravado from before, I think he will acknowledge that there were a few rounds in that battle when every character was dropping brownies in his/her underwear.

Aerik, bravely or foolishly, slides further into the room, setting up a perimeter. His glowing bracelet chases the darkness into the furthest corners of the room. The feeble light reveals six sarcophagi and a doorway blocked by a large slab of black stone. The sound of bubbling water is overwhelmed briefly by the whirring of his sling and the stone cracking the southern Sawtongue's skull. Rotted brain matter drips from the broken skull of the beast. Horrifically, it doesn't fell the monster.

Next UP... Ez


Round 1

Ezekiel moves up and takes a shot at one of the creatures. "Wolves in the woods just don't seem so bad anymore."

Move to H54, crossbow to J58

Crossbow+inspire+PBS-cover: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 10
Damage+inspire+PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9


Great observation, Ez. :D

Ezekiel steps into the gap to anchor the line of defenders and opens fire. His bolt brushes past the dodging sawtongued abomination and ricochets off the coffin lid.

From the broken sarcophagus at the far end of the vaulted chapel, another whipcord thin corpse pushes free and begins to stalk forward. Its brother, standing on a coffin, races forward across the intervening sarcophagi. It's liquifying flesh gives it a sticky traction on the uneven stone. It barrels towards the Druid. Standing on the final coffin, it menaces Aerik from an impressive height before using its checked motion and gravity to drive a full body, necromantically fueled, punch. The fist is a battering ram against Aerik's head. It is a miracle or a testament to his strength that his neck doesn't snap under the felling blow. The Druid is driven back into the Alchemist who manages to keep him on his feet.

Aerik, you are at 0 HP and staggered.

Round: 1

ORDER: Jak, Sawtongue, Lyrica, Aerik, Ezekiel, Sprinting Dead, Marcus

MAP: Crypt

A's HPs: 0|14 staggered
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 7|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 10|14

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1
Disease Saves (later):

Bad Guys
none

BOOM:
SLAM (20/x2) v Aerik AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21 high ground
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

ack! sssso. cccccold.


Marcus, fueled by Jak's words at the desperation of the situation, swings Beula at the undead monstrosity.

Standard: Attack the sawtongue, IC 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 26

Damage, IC 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

Is it ok if I pause my turn here to see if that kills this dude? I just want to know before I decide, and don't want to have to retcon anything. SR, just out of curiosity, can I use a Hero Point to partial charge with the additional standard action? I can always move and attack too, but I'm just wondering. Thanks


Rat Bastard

Marcus takes the wounded Sawtongue's head cleanly off. It bounces away into the crypt - tongue trailing like the tail of a kite.

Yep, you can pause for results or (in future) throw in an IF/THEN statement that I'll be happy to try to adjudicate.
A Charge is a FULL round action. A hero point grants you a STAND or MOVE and can't be tag-teamed onto a remaining MOVE to equal a FULL action. The only time that would work is if you charged as your FULL action and then used a Hero Point to take a STAND to gain an additional attack or whatnot.

901 to 950 of 2,582 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Silent Gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.