Return of Winter by Artofregicide

Game Master Artofregicide

Handy Links:

Loot Tracker

Battle Map


2,401 to 2,450 of 2,550 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Human Female (Irriseni) Cleric 4 of Milani | HP 27/27 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +6 R +2 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Cylina strode forward, popping off a shot at the witch from her loaded crossbow as Wulfgang engaged the dragon. Trying to avoid hitting her companion, the priestess cursed as the bolt went wide.

MW Light Crossbow, firing into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 1 - continued

19 Wulfgang
11 Ruso
11 Radzislau
10 Radosek
7 Irina
6 Cylina
5 Ice Dragon

Cylina moves into the icy courtyard, but her crossbow bolt flies wide of the mark.

Still waiting on Irina and will run her at next check in if no post.


I will run Irina per my prior post.

Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 1 - concluded

With most of her magic used, Irina turns to mundane weapons, firing her crossbow at Radosek. The shot just grazes the fellow witch, giving him the slightest of wounds.

Wounded by Wulfgang's charge, the icy dragon turns on the ranger, striking out with both claws in attacks that slam rather than slice. The first claw hits with fearsome result and the second claw scores also. The result is a broken and bloody hero, laying dying in the snow of the courtyard.

Yeowch! Wulfgang is hit for 30hp dmg. Since he was still hurt from last fight, he is not at -13 and bleeding with one HP to go before death.

End of Round 1

Irina crossbow, into melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 = 19
Crit Confirm, into melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1
Dmg to Radosek: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Dragon slam 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Dragon slam 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Crit dmg to Wulfgang: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (4, 7) + 12 = 23
Dmg to Wulfgang: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 2

19 Wulfgang (-13hp, unconscious, bleeding)
11 Ruso (total defense)
11 Radzislau (8NL, fatigued)
10 Radosek (14hp dmg)
7 Irina
6 Cylina
5 Ice Dragon (15hp dmg)

Wulfgang needs a stabilize very very badly, but Ruso and Radzislau are also up.

Liberty's Edge

male human fighter 1/Rngr 3| HP 36| AC 15; Touch 11; FF 13 | F +8; R +5; W +3 | CMB+9; CMD 20| Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +5 Fighter 1/Rngr 3

The paladin steps back and touches the bleeding ranger.

lay on hands

1d6 ⇒ 5

Wulfgang lays there unconscious.


TN Male Elf Rogue (Unchained) 3 | 4/5 HP | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort -4, Ref +7, Will +2 | Prec +9 | Init +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Con Damage -4, Cursed! (-6 Con)

Horrified at what he has just seen occur to Wulfgang, Ruso rushes the dragon with a white hot fury. His rapier is a blur as he aims to bring the dragon low. The blade finds nothing but air as Ruso's anger momentarily seems to have blurred his vision.

Attack: Rapier, Flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Damage: Piercing, Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (5, 4) = 18


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 2 - continued

Radzislau steps back from the fight and is able to reach down and give the mortally wounded Wulfgang magical healing which jsut does save the ranger's life.

Ruso leaps from behind at the ice dragon, but his sneak attack is marred by his worry for the fallen companion, and it misses.

Left unmolested for now, Radosek uses his icicle wand to generate another spear of frozen ice right under the feet of Cylina, who cannot avoid taking the damage from the sharp edges and the cold. Additionally, the bursting out of the ground of the icy stalactite causes Cylina to be knocked prone.

Cylina takes 10 dmg and is now prone. She and Irina are up next before the dragon ends the round.

Cylina DC14 Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Dmg to Cylina, piercing and ice: 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) + (1, 2) = 10
Radosek CMB to trip Cylina: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Female human (Varisian) witch (winter witch) 3 CG Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +3 AC 15, T 11, FF 14 hp 20/21 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3

Irina gives the evil eye to the dragons, and Cackles.

-2 to Attack Rolls for one round. I think it’s a DC 14 wills save or it’s at least six rounds I don’t have easy access to Irina’s sheet at the moment.


Human Female (Irriseni) Cleric 4 of Milani | HP 27/27 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +6 R +2 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Can we go ahead and throw Nadya into the initiative, as well? :) Also, my cold resistance 2 would resist 2 of the ice, correct?

Yelling out in pain as the magical icicle pierced her leg and knocked her on her rump, the priestess shook her head to clear the cobwebs before rising to her feet, leaving her crossbow where it laid. She charged forward towards the witch, drawing her morningstar as she did so, attempting to get close to discourage the man from using his magic again.


Cylina Vendrithe wrote:

Can we go ahead and throw Nadya into the initiative, as well? :) Also, my cold resistance 2 would resist 2 of the ice, correct?

Yes, to both.


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 2 - concluded

Irina uses the power of her craft to try to slow the dragon's attacks, but the icy construct is not affected by her hexes.

Cylina picks herself up off the snowy ground and rushes over to the caster, hoping to stop his casting with the threat of physical violence.

Nadya shakes the effects of her grief from her and concentrates on the task at hand. She fires her bow at Radosek, trying to kill the man responsible for the death of her little child. But unfortunately, her shot flies wide.

The ice dragon takes flight, hovering just 5' off the ground. It reaches out and strikes at Cylina who threatens its master but the massive icy claw misses.

End of Round 2

Nadya bow, PBS: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
Dragon slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 3

19 Wulfgang (-8hp, unconscious)
11 Ruso
11 Radzislau (8NL, fatigued)
10 Radosek (14hp dmg)
7 Irina
6 Cylina (8hp dmg)
5 Ice Dragon (15hp dmg)

Ruso and Radzislau are up. Wulfgang can act if one of them restores his missing HP.

Liberty's Edge

male human fighter 1/Rngr 3| HP 36| AC 15; Touch 11; FF 13 | F +8; R +5; W +3 | CMB+9; CMD 20| Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +5 Fighter 1/Rngr 3

The paladin moves and attacks the witch. But he slips.

smite is up still

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

damage: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


TN Male Elf Rogue (Unchained) 3 | 4/5 HP | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort -4, Ref +7, Will +2 | Prec +9 | Init +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Con Damage -4, Cursed! (-6 Con)

Ruso moves to get clear of the ice dragon and finish off the witch. "Come, time to meet your maker." Ruso gives a wicked grin as he brings the tip of his rapier to bear on the flesh of the jadwiga.

Attack: Rapier, Flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
Damage: Piercing, Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (2, 5) = 12


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 3 - continued

Radzislau turns his attention back to the evil witch, but his attack fails to hit, cracking the icy flagstones of the courtyard.

Ruso also attacks Radosek, but again, his attack fails to hit the slippery witch who simply laughs at his boasts.

Radosek steps away from the attacks of Cylina and Radzislau and generates a hex against Ruso.

Ruso needs a DC 16 Will save or take a -2 on attacks for 6 rounds. Making it gives him the penalty for just 1 round. Irina and Cylina up now.


TN Male Elf Rogue (Unchained) 3 | 4/5 HP | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort -4, Ref +7, Will +2 | Prec +9 | Init +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Con Damage -4, Cursed! (-6 Con)

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Ruso lunges at Radosek. The tip of his rapier pierces through the air as he continues to miss the mark. Ruso steps back from the witch to get himself together so that he might bring this evil low.

Attack: Rapier: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 2 = 14
Damage: Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Human Female (Irriseni) Cleric 4 of Milani | HP 27/27 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +6 R +2 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Perhaps mistakenly believing that bringing the witch down would also destroy the terrible ice dragon, Cylina followed Radosek, attempting a clumsy swing at the man as she pressed him.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The dice gods are angry. I must pray to Milani for guidance.


Female human (Varisian) witch (winter witch) 3 CG Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +3 AC 15, T 11, FF 14 hp 20/21 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3

Irina loads and fires her crossbow at the dragon.

Crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 3 - concluded

Irina's crossbow bolt aim is true, but the shot caroms off the ice dragon's hard body causing no damage.

Cylina assaults Radosek and he dodges her morningstar easily.

Hovering in the air, the dragon creature grasps at Radzislau, grappling the paladin in one icy claw.

Radzislau can make an AoO first but otherwise has the grappled condition.

Firing at Radosek again, the red-haired Nadya manages to hit the witch, driving an arrow deep in his flank. Nadya throws down her bow and advances towards the melee, drawing out her axe and pick.

End of Round 3

Ice Dragon grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Nadya bow, PBS, into melee: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 20
Dmg to Radosek, PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 4

19 Wulfgang (-8hp, unconscious)
11 Ruso (-2 to attacks)
11 Radzislau (8NL, fatigued, grappled, AoO pending)
10 Radosek (23hp dmg)
7 Irina
6 Cylina (8hp dmg)
5 Ice Dragon (15hp dmg, grappled?)

Ruso still battles against Radosek, but he cannot score a hit this round either.

Radzislau is up and also has an AoO to settle. He may have the grappled condition after the AoO depending on the result.

Liberty's Edge

male human fighter 1/Rngr 3| HP 36| AC 15; Touch 11; FF 13 | F +8; R +5; W +3 | CMB+9; CMD 20| Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +5 Fighter 1/Rngr 3

The paladin attacks AoO

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

regular attack

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 4 - continued

As the dragon descends on Radzislau, the paladin is able to land a strong blow against the icy construct, but its not enough to keep the claws from grappling him.

Because Radzislau is using a 2-handed weapon, he cannot attack with that while grappled per the rule that says "cannot take an action that requires two hands". You will have to re-do his turn to accommodate his condition.

Liberty's Edge

male human fighter 1/Rngr 3| HP 36| AC 15; Touch 11; FF 13 | F +8; R +5; W +3 | CMB+9; CMD 20| Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +5 Fighter 1/Rngr 3

The paladin tries to break out.

CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Female human (Varisian) witch (winter witch) 3 CG Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +3 AC 15, T 11, FF 14 hp 20/21 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3

Irina loads and fires her crossbow again at the dragon. "This isn't doing much good, but I going to keep trying."

Crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 4 - continued

As he can't get leverage to swing his hammer, Radzislau instead strains and struggles to free himself from the grasping claws of the dragon, and at the last moment is successful, dropping back to the ground safely to continue to fight..

Stepping back from the melee, Radosek casts more dramatic spells and a virtual blizzard spins up in the area around Cylina, Ruso and Radzislau. Great magical hailstones of ice mix with bitter cold to damage all within the area. All three of the targets succumb to the beating and the icy cold, Cylina and Radzislau falling unconscious, while the storm is the final death of Ruso, who was severely weakened prior to the combat.

Ice Storm dmg + cold: 3d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 4) + (3, 3) = 19

So 19hp dmg (less 2 for Cylina) to Radzislau and Cylina puts them both negative, but still alive. For Ruso, who only had 5hp and a very low CON, he is dead. The party is hanging from a knife's edge here...Will give Irina a chance for retcon on the crossbow. She may not have heals, but there a potions out there.


Female human (Varisian) witch (winter witch) 3 CG Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +3 AC 15, T 11, FF 14 hp 20/21 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3

Irina dives next to Cylina, and digs for the potion she knows she has on her somewhere. She pulls out a potion with triumph.

I think that's all I can do this round. Move to Cylina, Standard to look for the potion.


Loot 35/35 AC 24 Resistance 10 Cold 24/34 AC 19 Resources

Slot this in where appropriate.

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

A Raptor and Deinotherium come rushing in based on the commotion.

I have basically treated the character they way I would had I been playing him going into a dangerous area.

Both animals run up and attack the person who seems allied with a dragon and on the side of the Jadwiga.

Talon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Deinotherium

Tusk blade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Liberty's Edge

male human fighter 1/Rngr 3| HP 36| AC 15; Touch 11; FF 13 | F +8; R +5; W +3 | CMB+9; CMD 20| Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +5 Fighter 1/Rngr 3

*GM ONLY*:
Any chance of hand waving "some" of the damage to Ruso? :) He's been with us from the start? :)No complaints just wondering :)


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 4 - concluded

After the ice storm pelts Cylina, Radzislau, and Ruso to the ground, Irina crawls over to the cleric, looking for a healing potion. She pulls one out of the pack, and readies to pour it in the next round.

Cylina lies in quiet repose, the bruises and scars from the ice storm still visible on her broken skin.

Just as things look quite grim, a pair of prehistoric creatures bursts through the gate of the Pale Tower attacking the smug Radosek from behind, gashing the witch. The tusk of the pachyderm misses however.

Targeting the newcomers, the ice dragon turns and slams at the raptor with its icy talons but both those attacks seem to miss.

Nadya attacks the ice dragon with both her weapons but cannot make a meaningful strike.

End of Round 4

Ice Dragon talon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Ice Dragon talon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Nadya handaxe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Nadya pick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Showdown in the Courtyard - Round 5

19 Wulfgang (-8hp, unconscious)
11 Radzislau (-3hp, 8NL, unconscious bleeding)
10 Radosek (37hp dmg)
7 Irina
6 Cylina (9hp, unconscious, bleeding)
6 Goliath and pet
5 Ice Dragon (15hp dmg)
3 Nadya

The unfortunate paladin is still bleeding from the icy spell cast by Radosek.

The winter witch is surprised by the attack of the druid and his companion. As a result he withdraws, spending his turn avoiding more attacks.

Irina and Goliath are up. Cylina can make her stabilize check.

Radzislau stabilize DC 10 Con: 1d20 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 3 = 6


Human Female (Irriseni) Cleric 4 of Milani | HP 27/27 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +6 R +2 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Stabilize: 1d20 - 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) - 9 + 2 = 13


Loot 35/35 AC 24 Resistance 10 Cold 24/34 AC 19 Resources

The two animal move as one and attack the dragon.

Talon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Talon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 141d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Deinotherium

Tusk blade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Tusk blade: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female human (Varisian) witch (winter witch) 3 CG Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +3 AC 15, T 11, FF 14 hp 20/21 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3

Irina pours the healing potion down the cleric's throat.

CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9


Surprised by the sudden appearance of the strange and clearly hostile beasts, Rasodek takes to flight. Bewildered but clearly beaten, the winter witch curses furiously as he flees:

"Fools! You shall live long enough only to terribly regret your interference into the affairs of the Jadwiga! Once my mistress, the Lady of the Pale tower learns of this insolence, your doom shall be sealed!"

The enraged man manages to evade and resist any attempts to further harm or detain him. Escaping over the icy ramparts, there's no ambiguity in the situation: Radosek is fleeing for his life, utterly defeated.

With the spellcaster out of the picture, you focus your efforts instead on the icy dragon. Though the battle is pitched, with the timely aid of your new allies you shatter the hulking construct.

And then silence.

Peace.

Something new, since you came to the Pale Tower. Your lives are no longer under threat. You've won. It's only been anout an hour, but it feels like days, even months.

You tend the wounded, and then make your return to the tower heights. What treasure you had to drop in the rush to deal with the second coming of Rasodek you gather, and find to your pleasant surprise that the bag of holding contains a queen's ransom of coinage.

Your allies stabilized and spoilers collected, you turn back to the ritual chamber. As before, a translucent image of a globe hangs suspended in midair, slowly rotating in place, above a summoning circle in the blue-tiled floor of this large chamber. Lines of arcane energy glow across the globe's surface, faintly humming with power as they connect multiple endpoints in a radiant glow bright enough to illuminate the domed ceiling overhead. Many tables and shelves covered in books, maps, and large scrolls line the room's circular walls, and a large ornate mirror hangs between two open windows to the west. Twin ice sculptures of demonic fiends flank a bubbling cauldron in an archway leading into a deep alcove in the southern wall.

A horrible dawning realization comes across all of you. This is really happening. All of Golarion, shrouded in eternal winter. You can't stop it all, but you can slow it just a bit- and save Heldren. For now. So long as you can figure out how the jadwiga did this... and how to reverse it... close the Winter Portal game through. Though you'll undoubtedly be stranding yourselves in Irrisen.

First you'll need to find the Border Wood portal on the globe.

You also realize you haven't searched this room, and find the cauldron over the fire is indeed magical, and in fact a Cauldron of Overwhelming Allies. You also find enough regents and supplies to create an alchemist's lab in addition to two flasks of acid, three flasks of alchemist's fire, two pinches of flash powder, three flasks of liquid ice, three smokesticks (each a different color), a sunrod, two tanglefoot bags, three thunderstones, 15 tindertwigs in a silver canister (worth 50 gp), and three applications of cold iron weapon blanch.

What do you do?


Loot 35/35 AC 24 Resistance 10 Cold 24/34 AC 19 Resources

After following the team for a while as a pair of animals goliath reverts to human form.
"Have you seen anything that will help stop the spread of this winter."


Female human (Varisian) witch (winter witch) 3 CG Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +3 AC 15, T 11, FF 14 hp 20/21 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3

"The globe has something to do with it, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to close the portal." Irina walks to the globe and looks closely at it. Can anyone point out where The Border Wood portal may be?"

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 +1 if there's a cold descriptor
Know Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Anyone have Survival or something that might work. I'm trying local just in case that's it.


Loot 35/35 AC 24 Resistance 10 Cold 24/34 AC 19 Resources

Goliath with cast guidance and detect magic and start inspecting.

Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Using workbook on Isiriani magic (Arcane family workbook)

Survial: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18


Human Female (Irriseni) Cleric 4 of Milani | HP 27/27 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +6 R +2 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Cylina collected herself after the battle was finally over, one of the hated winter witches fleeing from the group. The priestess knew that if the jadwiga came in force and found them, their lives were forfeit, and a swift death would be a blissful boon compared to the cruel fate that awaited them should they be taken alive. Best to be about their business and be gone, then.

Eyeing the stranger who had come to the rescue with equal parts gratitude and unease, the young woman walked with the rest of the party back to the room with the strange contraption that was undoubtedly the source of the magic winter that these travelers had encountered to the south. Unsure of the workings of it and quite ignorant of the world beyond Irrisen, Cylina could only helplessly watch as the more arcane of the group tried to puzzle out how to work the magic creating the weather.

Liberty's Edge

male human fighter 1/Rngr 3| HP 36| AC 15; Touch 11; FF 13 | F +8; R +5; W +3 | CMB+9; CMD 20| Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +5 Fighter 1/Rngr 3

Wulfgang stares at the portal.

"Anyone know how to close this thing? At lease we're closer to the north. But I didn't expect to travel this way when I went to Taldor.!"


The party disperses across the room, the image of their world cast in icy hues always looming.

At first glance, the primal druid believes he can close the portal, should you manage to locate the correct Winter Portal. Unfortunately the are a disturbing myriad of such white lights shining across the image of Golarion. They all seem to intersect with the crisscrossing azure lines- which must represent leylines. It becomes clear that you'll need to utilize your knowledge of the geography of Golarion will be crucial, otherwise you'll need to find some other way. The extensive collection of charts and maps might be of use here...

Irina finds the arcane handiwork concerningly familiar... +4 on spellcraft checks to close the portal. She also determines that once the correct location is determined, she and her companions can aid one another on this effort, and that the complicated incantations will likely take about an hour. Should you fail, you can always retry... but that would mean starting over and another hour lost.

Cylina stands back as the two more familiar with this witchcraft get to work. Perhaps it feels strange, standing in the inner sanctum of a Jadwiga. The air is bitterly cold and the wind scouring, but maybe there's a certain satisfaction to seeing her hated enemies brought low, and for once their homes invaded.

Somewhat transfixed by the ghostly image of his world, the light Trollbiter remembers that there may be additional denizens of the tower, in addition to the Spriggan still (hopefully) trapped in the kitchen. Plus the are certainly more patrols and fey that may return back to the Tower... you have time, for now, but how much is hard to say.


Loot 35/35 AC 24 Resistance 10 Cold 24/34 AC 19 Resources

"You. You look like you have been some places." pointing at Wulfgang. "Maybe you can locate the portal."

Goliath with start laying out the maps and trying to find anything that would help Wulfgang. Looking for markings, delineations of passage or potential nexuses (Goliath finding something will be plan b).

"Let nature guide you."

Goliath cast guidance on Wulfgang.


Female human (Varisian) witch (winter witch) 3 CG Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +3 AC 15, T 11, FF 14 hp 20/21 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3

"I think I can close the portal if we find it." Irina turns to the group. "Can you find it? she asks.

Liberty's Edge

male human fighter 1/Rngr 3| HP 36| AC 15; Touch 11; FF 13 | F +8; R +5; W +3 | CMB+9; CMD 20| Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +5 Fighter 1/Rngr 3

"Yes, I think we came through it," He looks around for his bearings. "There's other creatures in the tower. But the portal is first"

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Loot 35/35 AC 24 Resistance 10 Cold 24/34 AC 19 Resources

It is a knowledge geography roll. Though if you can keep that roll I think we have a good shot.


Loot 35/35 AC 24 Resistance 10 Cold 24/34 AC 19 Resources

Goliath lays out his workbook for anyone to read and will provide guidance to anyone as well (+3 total to anyone making the check.

"Let me see how the witches work. This is my family's collective knowledge of magic much of it collected in conflict with the Jawiga."

Spellcraft: 10 + 11 = 21


Human Female (Irriseni) Cleric 4 of Milani | HP 27/27 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +6 R +2 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Curious as to the inner workings of the hated jadwiga, Cylina crept closer to where the strange newcomer (newest newcomer, actually) spoke of the strange magics of the winter witches and how it could possibly be dispelled or defeated. The redhead then looked askance at Irina, wondering if the former witch would be able to use that knowledge to permanently close the winter portal unleashing an icy hell in Taldor.

Liberty's Edge

male human fighter 1/Rngr 3| HP 36| AC 15; Touch 11; FF 13 | F +8; R +5; W +3 | CMB+9; CMD 20| Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +5 Fighter 1/Rngr 3

oh my know geography would have been a 22

Wulfgang follows Cylina through the snow.

She's looking at Irina. But why? She wouldn't betray us to the jadwiga


Loot 35/35 AC 24 Resistance 10 Cold 24/34 AC 19 Resources

Goliath will try himself he feels like he has a decent sense of how it works.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Female human (Varisian) witch (winter witch) 3 CG Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +3 AC 15, T 11, FF 14 hp 20/21 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3

Irina notices Cylina's look and chooses to ignore it. She realizes that those from Irrisen aren't going to trust her. She is a failed Winter Witch after all. She reaches out and tries to manipulate the arcane items.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17

Liberty's Edge

male human fighter 1/Rngr 3| HP 36| AC 15; Touch 11; FF 13 | F +8; R +5; W +3 | CMB+9; CMD 20| Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +5 Fighter 1/Rngr 3

Wulfgang waits to see if the druid and the winter witch were able to close the portal. He grips his axe.

Will this work?

2,401 to 2,450 of 2,550 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Reign of Winter by DM DoctorEvil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.