Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


1,501 to 1,550 of 1,634 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"...or her subjects" Alec thought to himself.

Alec kept mostly to himself in the cave, staying closer to the front of the cave and away from the fire. His eyes stayed focused on the wilderness outside, something about it kept him grounded, even distracted. So much had changed in the last few weeks. His father, his home, he began to wonder if he'd ever see Heldren again.


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel chuckles with Callix and thanks her for the extra healing. The man takes a piece of the food hunted and gives a stare at Alec next to the cave entry, wishing to know what his friend is thinking.

The man turns once again to the Ulfen "Hey Callix, how did you end up serving to the Lady Argentea? I believe you never explained, or at least I have forgotten"

HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

I want to give you guys space to keep chatting if you want to, but I'm also going to move things forward. feel free to keep talking, and if you do I'll slow things down again.

in the morning, everyone wakes up feeling much better between sleep and some magical healing. Finngarth is a little clearer in his head today but not 100%. he is eager to get home.

once you get to the house, the woman comes running out to meet you, and she hugs Finngrath tightly.
You found him! thank you so much! how did you defeat the troll? I am so lucky that you happened to come to my home yesterday. please come in and tell me what happened. we will give you a good meal and a gift to speed you on your way


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

I am happy to move on, I was only adding chat to profit the weekend time for the characters to know better each other

"You must be Sygia" Samuel greets the woman and heartily accepts her hearth "Finngrath told us. It seems the troll was not a troll but your man who had been affected by a particularly nasty moss..."

The Taldan pats Finngrath's shoulders "We killed the moss, and he will soon recover. You have a strong man here. Some little spores could not with him"

"He also explained us about how you had to move away from society to be together..." Samuel pats then his chest "That seems unfair to me. Things are tough here in Irisen..."


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor
Samuel Soulkeeper wrote:
Samuel attempts to place his hand over Letitia's as she places her hand on her chest and the gash starts to magically close "Are you getting softer witch?"

Letitia narrows her eyes at Samuel, but doesn't say anything. She gives him a pointed nod of her head towards Finngarth over his use of the word 'witch'.

Later, during the trip back to their homestead, she makes sure she's out of earshot of Finngarth and Nadya and addresses the others. "Might I remind you that I'm still hiding the fact that I'm a Jadwiga? Everyone we meet in this country will either be loyal to the queen or an enemy of the Jadwiga. Which means that no matter who they are, they will gladly see me dead. So a *little* more discretion would be appreciated. If it's not too much trouble."

Letitia grows quiet for the rest of the trip to Finngarth's. She watches Sygia's reaction to Samuel's question intently.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP18/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Letitia, if they want you dead or otherwise out of the way why associate with them or the title at all? I do not understand why you claim the title for people that are against you She sounds legitimately confused by the whole notion.


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

For a moment Letitia just stares at Ashling like the Oracle's head sprouted wings and flew off. She reasserts herself, shutting her eyes and shaking her head for a moment. When she opens them, her pale eyes are serious. "When I was condemned to die, I fled. I set aside the title Jadwiga, because it had no meaning in the south. I did exactly what you are asking."

She spreads her arms out wide, taking in the frigid landscape. "I am home. Winter found me and drew me back home. I am here to help save your homes from suffering the same fate as what happened here fourteen hundred years ago. And we will succeed by finding the only person in all the realms with the power to stop Queen Elvanna. My grandmother."


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel chuckles as Letitia scolds him "Are you afraid now of a half-drained man?" but he otherwise takes note and maintains the veil of secret around her figure.

------------------

The Taldan walks silently listening to Ashling and Letitia's chat. By when they finish he adds "My mother told me about the history of these lands and how Babba Yagga built Irrisen. And I doubt Raemerrund or the Djurstor Confederacy would agree your grandmother is any kind of solution" he chuckles and keeps walking amused "Still, I am curious to see where this takes us..."

-------------------

Back at Sygia's home, Samuel will accept their hospitality and rest night.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix shakes his head, "Letitia, I'm thinking that these people we reunited are friends... and that anyone who might be coming by and asking after us is rather likely to want all of us dead."

She then nods at Samuel's comment, biting her tongue, Nor would I. I can't believe that we need to choose the lessor of evils...


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia sighs when Samuel suggests that finding Baba Yaga is not the solution. "Consider this: we barely prevailed against an apprentice of a white witch. Do you truly think we pose any threat to the most powerful winter witch in all Irrisen?"

She shakes her head. "I understand you have reasons to fear the Mother of Witches. But unless you have a better idea, she is the only one powerful enough to challenge Elvanna."

Turning to Callix, she nods her head. "You are right. We all are in danger here. But Nadya's contacts in Whitethrone would likely take you in. Me, they would happily kill without hesitation if they knew what I am." She turns pointedly to Ashling. "And I cannot change my parentage any more than any of you could change yours."


HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec spoke softly when he asked "What has the world come to when we have to hope that the winning evil is actually less evil than the current evil in power?"

His head hung low in despair as his eyes stared at the snow all around them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

During the fairly short walk back to the cabin, Finngarth notices that you want to have a private discussion and gives you plenty of space to do so. he walks up front with Nadya, chatting about something with her.

Back at the cabin, the woman thanks Samuel (and all of you, but Samuel was the one speaking) profusely for returning her husband.
"Yes, my name is Sygia. she pauses and looks at you for a moment How much did my husband tell you while he was under the effects of whatever it is that is making him act fuzzy right now? about why society does not approve of us?

Sense Motive DC 15:

she suddently seems very tense and concerned, losing a lot of the lgiht in her face that she had when she saw her husband safe. she definitely seems very concerned about whatever secrets Finngarth may have let slip


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel gives some thought to Letitia's words "Even if we managed to thwart Elvanna's plans, without a proper army to control the territory, Irrisen would fall into chaos and disarray anyway. It would make it an easier target for its neighbors, but it might leave a power void that might be also profited by a more bloodiest chieftain to size the power..." the man shrugs "No, we are too weak to fight Elvanna. But if we win enough sympathy among their peoples, I might be able to rescue my sister, and enough damage might be caused that Elvanna would be in no conditions to run another winter conquest on Taldor's woods"

---------------------

Sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
"Don't be shy with us now. We noticed your tail" Samuel points at the woman's ass "We inquired about it and he explained the reasons you moved to this isolated cabin"

"We don't have anything against you. But if you make no questions about us and keep our existence and trip secret. We..." and he looks others for confirmation "...will be able to keep your nature secret as well"


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP18/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

i understand if that is you reasoning... but do not forget my winter magics and what this cloak means. I am in as much danger as you... as for what i believe, anyone is vulnerable to a dagger in the night no matter how powerful. We would not have been given our task if we could not accomplish. It. Her eyes almost brighten up to vibrant purple, she speaks quickly as if having seen a vision cold storming blizzard, mid winter. Scent of blood in the air, the sound of laughter from inside my home. Walls painted in red, lost all feeling... turning, running. New life new person... all alone She stops feeling a bit woozy and quiets for a bit catching her breath so to speak, she wraps the cloak around herself


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia's head spins to face Alec as he laments about the state of the world. Her lip curls slightly as she tries not to sound condescending. "The world, you say? How much of the world do you know? Have you heard of Cheliax, the nation ruled by devil worshippers? Or Nidal, under the sway of the dark god Zon-Kuthon. Or how about Rahadum, a nation that has banned all religion? I even heard rumors of an entire nation ruled by undead across the sea from Taldor.

"The world is a harsh place. And yet it could grow harsher if Elvanna conquers more than this one place."

Letitia seems ready to debate further, until Ashling's strange fit of visions. She waits to see if she elaborates on what she saw, but doesn't pry.

=============
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Letitia doesn't sense anything in Sygia's words, but she grows on edge once Samuel points out that they had seen her tail. She watches her reaction, since the strange appendage had clearly been something Sygia wanted kept hidden.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"I confess. I am a simple man. From a simple village and a simple life. And yet I'm not sorry I don't enslave others. I'm not sorry that I don't kill children and curse their souls over petty slights. And I'm not sorry I don't know about your world or these other places you speak of. And if it is as you say, then Heldren suits me just fine."


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix says, "Samuel, the vacuum you describe might be the only way that Irrisen's neighbours could regain the lands -- and maybe people -- they've lost to this creeping frost. That said, I do think we need to be reasonable - regardless of how great our plans may be, as Letitia said, we had enough trouble at a tower where the witch was absent... and we've not yet faced down a Daughter."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

Sygia's eyes grow dark and angry as Samuel mentions her tail. she opens her mouth to say something, but Finngarth puts a hand on her arm. "they do not mean to be rude, my love. they just don't understand. they saved me, they are not like the others we have known

Sygia takes a deep breath and nods to her husband. "I do not normally tell this to anyone. As you have figured out I am not human. I am Fey, something known as a Huldra. The humans here were not willing to let me live among them and saw my marriage to one of their men as an abomination. That is why i do not usually let people see what I am.

She seems to brace herself, then removes the long cloak she was wearing. underneath you see she has a large tail that looks like a fox tail. and above the low back of her blouse you see that instead of flesh on her back, the back of her torso is hollow and made of wood.

knowledge nature DC 17:

Huldra are rumored to have been created by troll witches as a means to lure men into the trolls' clutches. they are all female, and appear to be beautiful humans from the front. but in the back they have a hollow recess in their back, and a large tail. They aggressively deny the story that they were created by trolls, and have a deep-set hatred and fear of trolls.

Though huldras are not ashamed of their status as fey, they react rather negatively when someone points out their tails. So long as humanoids are respectful, however, huldras tend to be curious about other races, and may aid those who pass through their territories.

they are known to have the ability to influence luck, as well as a natural aptitude for magic that is common among fey

.

Now you know our secret. I hope that even knowing about us and our relationship you will still accept our hospitality for the night. you have my deepest thanks for saving my husband.

Finngarth adds
Yes, I don't know what we would have done if you had not come. I would have been a slave to that plant for the rest of my life. I want to give you something as thanks. it is my lucky bear trap he gives you a bear trap that looks very mundane. however, it is radiating a faint aura of transmutation magic


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia's sharp reply to Alec dies on her tongue as she is reminded of the soul-bound doll and Nazhena's act of cruelty. She lapses into silence and broods over her conflicted thoughts.

================
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

"I see now, Sygia. If I had realized what kind of fey you are at the beginning, I would not have mentioned your tail to the others so that you could keep your secret."

She nods in thanks to the continued offer of hospitality.

When there's a chance later in the evening, Letitia studies the magic of the bear trap.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Plus one if it involved cold or ice magic


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel is about to intervene when Finngarth already eases up tension. He nods acknowledging "We all have enough problems here. I am happy we were able to help good people as you. Thanks for your hospitality. If you are willing to show me your kitchen, I might repay you by cooking some Heldren's stew before we move on"
Survival cooking: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Later that day, the High Sentinel approaches Nadya "So where to now Nadya? We shall depart when you say it's needed. Do you have an idea how much time it will take us to reach our destination?"


RoW Maps

Letitia finds that the beartrap has some very interesting magical properties. it is an Insidious Bear Trap.

once everyone comes to an understanding and the couple does not feel threatened that you would expose them or that you bear the same sort of prejudice against them as others they have known, the couple are quite friendly. they offer to let oyu spend the night, though it is still early in the morning.

talking with Smauel, Nadya says
"the journey should take around 8 days in total. but so many things could affect that timeline. weather, attacks, stopping to help strangers... I think we should set off as early as possible, we can still make good progress today. but that is up to you and your companions


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel nods in agreement with Nadya "As much as I do enjoy your hospitality, I think we shall depart as Nadya suggests. Just have some warm meal before. Outside is damned cold!"

Once the party is set to leave the man gives their farewells to Sygia and Finngarth "I hope we can see each other again in our trip back. Otherwise, you shall always find a hearth if you happen to walk by Heldren"

And once in the road he closes up to Nadya and tries to help her ride "How do you do this riding stuff? You seem quite good at it"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix nods, "As much as we'd love to enjoy your hospitality, we're in a bit of a hurry. Still, it was a pleasure to meet you both.. It's nice to see that love can survive out here in the wilds."


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia explains the features of the bear trap to the group after they say their goodbyes to their hosts. She is also in agreement with leaving as soon as possible.


RoW Maps

Nadya is relieved to get going quickly. she takes the lead again as the group heads out, driving one of the sleds with help from her small son.

the day passes without incident and as the sun starts to fall Nadya finds a spot that she recommends for a campsite. she starts making preparations for camping and her son starts collecting firewood. it is clearly not the first time he has helped her with one of her expeditions, even though he is still young.


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel helps preparing the campsite and concealing it from possible night attacks.
Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

When he observes the boy picking firewood, the Taldan points at him with the tip of his nose and addresses Nadya "Do you miss his father?"

If the night goes uneventful, Samuel will just help pack again and keep the travel going the next day.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP18/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling finally speaks up after her episode earlier, digging a vial of odd black liquid out of a backpack, Apologies, prior.. was a memory. i occasionally lose myself in them in spare time. It was my childhood before i left this land for good. She swishes and shakes the black liquid around with vague curiosity, I can remember almost everything that happened, the smell, the cold, emotion. what the birds in the trees looked like.. It's troublesome to say the least

Ashling helps around camp however possible

survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia brings the bear trap to Alec. "Would you consider the best place to set this trap near our camp? We should use it each night, wouldn't you agree? I'm not terribly used to sleeping outside, so I defer to your wilderness expertise."

As the youth goes out to gather firewood, Letitia realizes that she could probably help with that task as well. She has Lazlo keep an eye out on the boy and she does what she can to collect wood for the fire.

Lazlo's Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


RoW Maps

as the group is setting up camp for the evening, Letitia feels a sudden warning from Lazlo as he follows the boy.

at about the same time, Nadya walks up to Samuel after setting up the tents. Have you seen Orm? it's getting dark soon, and I don't see him. he must have wandered further out looking for wood...

Luckily, Letitia is able to pinpoint the boy quickly due to her link with her owl. unluckily, the boy is backing away slowly with a stick in hand, facing down three white wolves when you do find him

Initiative:

Initiative Callix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Initiative Aisling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Initiative Nadya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Initiative wolves: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

bold may act:
Ashling, Callix, Letitia, Alec, Nadya, Wolves, Samuel

the snow is difficult terrain unless you have a way to cross it easily.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP18/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

AShling thanks to her magic and abilities is able to dance easily through the snowy terrain and casts Divine favor on her blade. The snow seems to fall back as if she never moved through it before.

Child of Winter (Ex):

You gain the constant benefit of endure elements, but only against cold temperatures. You can move across regular snow without penalty, and heavy snow costs you only 2 squares of movement instead of 4. You can move across icy surfaces without penalty, and never need to make Acrobatics checks to run or charge on ice. You leave no trail in ice or snow, and cannot be tracked (you may choose to leave a trail if you so desire). During winter months, you gain a +2 insight bonus on Initiative checks and Reflex saving throws.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec nodded as Letitia presented the bear trap. "I will do my best" he said as he accepted the trap and started looking around the camp. He eventually settled on a spot somewhat out of the way where no one would accidentally wander into it.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Alec felt the hairs on his neck stand up as the wolves approached, as if he could sense the danger in the cold snow and surrounding trees. As the others turned to react, he simply bolted. He darted past the others, past the sleds and trees and everything else. In the blink of an eye, he stood before the boy, spear held in both hands, trying to keep the wolves at bay.

Double move

Cold-Honed:

Half-elves from arctic regions with this racial trait can move through natural snow and ice at their normal speed and gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves to avoid nonlethal damage from cold environments. This racial trait replaces the elven immunities racial trait.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix draws a pair of axes from her belt as she whispers a quick prayer to the Drunken Hero, invoking his blessing to allow herself to race across the snow. She spins the axe as she moves, throwing it at a wolf as she closes, then shifting the remaining axe into her other hand.

Throwing Axe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Threat
Throwing Axe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Maybe?

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Plus Critical: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 2) + 8 = 16


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia looks confused as Alec sets the bear trap in a spot where no one could wander onto it. "But... with the password... it won't affect us." She shakes her head and goes on about the gathering of firewood.
Alec, did you read the description? It's magic.
============================

Letitia works her way through the snow, slowed down by the drifts but not bit by the chill. She calls out to the lad, "Boy! Come this way! Hurry!"

She readies her hex to affect any wolf that chases the boy and comes within range.
Slumber hex DC 16 or fall asleep for 4 rounds


HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"Still, wouldn't want someone to forget. Besides, most creatures, especially beasts, aren't just going to walk into camp through the most direct path. They're going to circle around and look for a hidden pass or a way with cover to help go unseen. You're just going to have to trust my expertise" he said with a strained smile.


RoW Maps

Alec rushes forward and tries to hold the wolves at bay while the boy retreats.

Callix throws an axe at the closest of the wolves, striking it cleanly between the eyes and instantly felling it.

the other wolves see their companion go down but still advance, biting and slashing at Alec, testing his defenses.

as the first one rushes Alec, Letitia throws a hex on it.
will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
it falls alseep half way to Alec.

Nadya takes a shot with her longbow at the last standing wolf, but is too concerned about how close her son is to the wolf to get an accurate shot.
long bow: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

the last wolf attacks Alec, snapping at his leg but unable to get close enough
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

the boy starts running through the thick snow back towards his mother.

the whole party may act, Samuel for round 1 everyone else for round 2

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: none |

Party Condition: Hex Ward on all
Callix HP: 31/31 - AC: 18/13/15 Status:
Letitia: HP: 26/26 - AC: 12/12/10 Status: 1 WIS damage
Alec HP: 30/30 - AC: 19/12/17 Status:
Samuel HP: 34/34 - AC: 19/15/14 Status:
Ashling HP: 29/29 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Nadya HP: 24/24 - AC 15/12/13 Status:

Green wolf HP: -16 | AC <19 | dead
Blue wolf HP: ??? | AC ??? |
Red wolf HP: ??? | AC ??? |


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel is got surprised by the wolves, but he is relieved to see they are unlucky this time. He moves as fast he can towards Orm "Behind your mother Orm!" when he is close to the boy, the Sentinel opens fire on the wolf growling at Alec.
mwk Musket+PB-DA (cover, touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 20
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB+DA: 1d12 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 4 = 7

HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15
Bullets 33


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia pushes ahead further in the snow, then hexes the remaining wolf with her Evil Eye, stripping away its aggression.

Will DC 16, -2 on attacks and CMB for 1 round if it saves, for 7 rounds if it fails its save.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix calls upon the Drunken Hero to allow her to step lightly across the snow, closing in on one of the wolves, axe in hand.

Masterwork Cold Iron Axe (v. red): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP18/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling double moves to get up to the wolves, She tries to acrobatics to move around the wolf without provoking an AOO.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Somewhat relieved that he was able to interpose himself between the wolves and the boy, Alec attempted to drive his boar spear into the wolf nipping at his legs.

Boar Spear: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


RoW Maps

the group dispatches the wolf that was still standing quickly. the sleeping wolf is dealt with before it can get back on its feet.

Nadya drops her bow and runs to her son, picking him up and talking soothingly to him

Thank you so much for finding him!

crisis averted you all return to the campsite and settle in for the night

if there is anything you want to do before sleep let me know, otherwise I'll kick off the next day of travel over the weekend


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia watches the mother-son reunion with a haunted expression. She quickly shakes it off and gives Lazlo a look. "Good job," she whispers to him.

Letitia then collects a few specimens -- eyes, teeth, that sort of thing -- from the wolves for her potion-making. "Does anyone want to collect their pelts?" she asks.

That evening, she makes a potion of resist energy (fire).

Other than that, I'm ready to move on.


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"They might do good winter blankets once dried out. We can sell them for some food at next town" Samuel helps to pelt the wolves.
Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

As they walk back to the campsite Samuel rubs Nadya's son hair " Today you became a warrior. A small adventure to tell"

Once at the camp Samuel dedicated an hour to craft new bullets and throws a piece of dried meat at Lazlo winking an eye at him

Samuel takes his night shift and next day he quickly packs and readies to continue the trip.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


RoW Maps

Nadya is apparently a bit rattled after the wolf encounter and keeps her son very close for the rest of the night. he seems totally fine, and definitely puffs up a bit at Samuel's words about him proving himself today.

the night passes uneventfully after the wolves are gone, and the group is soon ready to depart again.

after a few hours of walking, something odd happens. the air is suddenly warmer. it gets warm enough that your heavy cold weather gear starts to feel hot and uncomfortable.

looking around you notice that the skies are clear up ahead. sunlight shines down on fresh grass that has sprouted where the snow suddenly ends in a clear line. as far as the eye can see, fir trees have shed any sign of white, and birch trees show signs of fresh new leaves. the sound of rivulets of water from melting snow can be heard from multiple directions.

a short distance from the party across this threshold to green land is a massive elk that is grazing on the young grass.

knowledge nature DC 13:

this very large elk is known as a megaloceros, from the Realm of The Mammoth Lords. it stands 6 feet at the shoulder and its anlters spread almost 12 feet across. they are known to be skittish but also very territorial.

Letitia:

you have heard of areas like this, but have likely never seen one yourself. they are known as "pockets of summer", the handiwork of groups of druids who occasionally attempt to push back against the power of the eternal winter in Irrisen. they are almost always stamped out incredibly quickly by the Jadwiga. perhaps with everything else going on the Jadwiga are more distracted than normal and have not had time to stamp this one out.


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel looks at the clearing in this belief, as one that seems a mirage. His face lightens with a smile while he takes attention at the elk " Might this be true? If so I would certainly enjoy having a short rest in such a place. And what do you say about the magnificent elk? It seems Erastil's avatar himself!"


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia grows tight-lipped and doesn't appear especially enamored of the strange spot of warm weather. She glances around warily, with Lazlo staying close.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

"I don't know about Erastil, but I do know that elks of that size are generally territorial. We should go around this place if you want to spare the beast and not risk seeing those antlers up close."


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel breaths deep and frowns, but then he nods acknowledging Letitia's wisdom "I fear you might be right... If you think that would cause trouble let's leave the elk without bothering him..."


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix laughs, "Unnatural cold in the south, unnatural warmth in the north. If only we could merge the magic and have it cancel itself out."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

Nadya nods at Letitia's words. "I would rather not make something that large angry. let us leave it alone. this place looks inviting, but I would not linger here long. I have heard of places like this, but never seen them myself. the group my uncle works with may be at least loosely involved in this. they wish to see the eternal winter ended and allow spring back into Irrisen. occasionally some of them work up the courage to try to push back the witch magic and we get these little pockets of warmth. the witches always come back and stamp them out, though. We should not be here when they decide to turn their attention here...

without waiting for everyone to agree, Nadya turns the lead sled back away from the green stretch, and begins making her way around in a large loop.

____________________________

I'm going to move us forward a little bit. travel is not the most interesting part of pathfinder on a good day, and worse in PbP (In my opinion). not going to worry too much about provisions, navigation, or random encounters. if there is RP you wish to do or other tasks you want ot be doing while traveling feel free to go on those tangents and I will slow down the narration while those conversations happen.

Travel Montage

on the sixth day of traveling with the Petskas, you see the first sign of civilization since the cabin with the moss problem. ahead you see a mostly ruined village. it was once a small town or village prior to the Winter War. Most of the buildings are now little more than piles of snow-covered stones with crumbled sections of walls standing out from the snow.
The only structure that might offer temporary shelter appears to be an old temple inside of a walled courtyard with an arch at the entrance. the front door to the temple has rotted away, but a smooth stone circle engraved with the outline of a butterfly is mounted above the doorway.

knowledge religion DC 10:

the symbol is of the goddess Desna

knowledge geography DC 15:

your best guess based on maps you have looked at of the region is that this is the town of Ulsgaard, an Ulfen settlement that fell during the first month of the Winter War as the Ulfen were driven south before the might of Baba Yaga's army of giants, trolls and impossibly cold weather.

Perception DC 18:

you see motion in the church courtyard. on a closer look you see two men dressed in robes of the priesthood walking in the courtyard, talking quietly together. they do not seem to have seen you yet.


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel gives a last eye at the pocket of warmth but seeing how Nadya also aligns with Letitia is enough to fully convince him to mount back into the sleds and continue travel "That story was very interesting Nadya. I want to hear more about those people fighting against the snow"
______________________________

I do agree we already had a taste of what means traveling through Irisen's snowed plateaus. PbP is a slow beast, I am more than fine to skip random encounters and focus on the main plot. We already have a good knowledge of our characters and I am sure we will find more opportunities to keep bonding together and knowing each other

K. religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
"Desna's butterfly..." Samuel walks down of the sled and takes his musket with him as he approaches the temple.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
"When was the last time you met with your uncle Nadya?" the man looks around the temple without much attention "If there is anything important about him that we should know, it is probably by the time you tell us"
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
And he clearly does no effort to conceal his booming voice.

1,501 to 1,550 of 1,634 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.