Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


3,451 to 3,500 of 5,004 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Will 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Will vs. Glitterdust: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Blinded
Will for Thera vs. Glitterdust: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Fair? I do not think it means what you think it means." Kito lets out between giggles.

She then attempts to cast Guidance on Ra-Khefer.

Do I have to do the miss chance? If so, go ahead and roll it.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]
Deseri wrote:

Huffing quietly, "There are bars so I am safer here." Reaching out at touching Turel's arm with glowing fingers, "Go help the others."

Casting guidance on Turel. And I will try to Diplomacy you if you do not get your butt moving!

Duly noted ;)

Turel wastes no more time here as he sprints away from her, hoping he is not too late...

Double move 80', updated position on map.


Inactive

Will (DC 18): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

At work but wanted to know the outcome now so I can noodle over what to do. Will do a proper round action when I get home later.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

heavy flail power attack vs Idorii: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 12 for a possible 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 adamantine bludgeoning damage.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari spends the round clawing at her eyes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Acrobatics vs Khelru: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

Polux avoids Khelru's AoO and repositions himself. He then disarms Velriana from her wand. "My wand! You dog-son! Oh, you're in for it now!" she cries out.

On her turn, instead of casting Glitterdust (which doesn't happen after all due to the retcon), Velriana tries to pick up her wand (move action) from the floor, thus provoking an AoO from Polux. If she survives it, she will then cast a Magic Missile on Polux (std action).

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8

If you made your post based on the Glitterdust, you may repost your actions.

I hope this resolves any dissatisfactions.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Thank you, Samy!

Harmose five foot steps diagonally back to be closer to Velriana, then steps away to position for a flank with Polux.

This will provoke from Velriana, but will give Polux a +2 to his attack of opportunity.

Attack Aid, Flank, Bless, Prone, for an additional +2?: 1d20 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 10 Yes!

Total +4 to Polux's Attack

He readies to punch her in the face if she tries to cast again.

Readied Punch:

Punch, Flank, Bless Prone: 1d20 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

"යටත් වීම, Velriana! මෙම අරගලය අතහැර වෙලාව Azaz!"

Auran:
"Surrender, Velriana! Time to drop this fight and preserve Azaz!"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Only change is no concern with miss chance. Still hit Ra-Khefer with Guidance and continue to cackle,


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari keeps blasting, trying to finish off the closest target, Idorii, so Ra could get closer and create real chaos amongst the evil crew.

RTA 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14


Inactive

Although part of her is cognizant of the threat both Velriana and Khelru pose, Aleris keeps her sights on Idorii - she was already injured and Ra-Khefer seemed to be having some trouble landing a solid blow. If they could get her out of the way she knew the other two would either fall quickly or be forced to surrender.

Attack vs. Idorii (MW Longbow; Bless, Divine Favor, PB Shot, Precise Shot): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Normally I'd agree about targeting the casters first but I think trying to focus-fire Idorii down since she's already hurt might work better at the moment; not to mention Aleris can't even target Khelru without trying to move past Idorii right now anyway.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Looking at the map, I've slightly changed my mind. I also take a 5' step.

After giving Guidance to Ra-Khefer, Kito moves up beside Ra-Khefer with her dagger at the ready.

There, now Polux has two people he can gain flanking on.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Ok, so... Harmose, thanks for the assistance, but Polux had moved out of there with the Acrobatics - that was the whole point :D So I guess I will get the Aid bonus, but not the flank. (I have updated my position on the map)

Also Harmose, let us not forget she has cast Mirror Image...

In any case I will try to trip her ;)

AoO on Velriana when she goes for the wand=Trip: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25

Mirror Image: 1d5 ⇒ 5
LOL. I'm being lucky as a mofo

"Tatata!" - Polux provokes the woman yet again - "You have lost the right to play with the others" - he smiles wickedly.

"Harmose, ඒ පැත්ත ගන්න!" - he roars.

Auran:
"Harmose, get that wand!"

The magic missile dissipates harmlessly against his Shield extract, and the man smiles again - "Getting desperate, are we my love?"

Samy, shouldn't she eat another AoO from Polux when she casts that Magic Missile?


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

YE OLDE TIME WARP

Urk. I based my move and action on your old position, the one from the map. Okay, Samy, I'm updating my actions based on Polux's real position. I'm still going to eat the AoO from Velriana and move into FLANK.

Polux you absolutely get an AoO when she casts, as you have combat reflexes. Thanks for the reminder on the mirror image. Because of the mirror image, my chances of getting that aid... they're minimal right? Because I have to hit the real her? So you get the flank, not the aid.

Based on the change in positioning and Polux's placement on the map, Harmose grabs the wand, eating a second AoO from Velriana if she has one. Wand in hand, Harmose still calls for Vel's surrender.

The punch if she casts still holds as an Attack of Opportunity, but probably does not hit, since she won't be prone trying to grab the wand. Still, if I missed by less than 5, I knocked out an image with it, making Polux's job easier.

"Des, අපට අක්ෂර වින්යාස තියෙනවද? එසේ නොවේ නම්, ඔහු පර්වතය අල්ලාගෙන එය හෙළා! පවා අසල මිස් රූපයක් නෙත්මාල් ඇත!"

Auran:
"Des, got a spell for us? If not, grab a rock and throw it! Even a near miss will knock out an image!"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

There is nothing in Aid Another that indicates you have to actually hit the creature. It is a constant 10 difficulty because all you have to do is limit where they can move. I think he does get the Aid Another!


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Frowning at hearing her name but not whatever Harmose wanted to ask her. Angered that her magic has failed, If this does not work then I am never using it again. Trying to ignore the way her fingers shake Deseri pulls up her crossbow and takes aim at Khelru since he is the one that is furthest from her companions. Maybe I wont hit one of them.

magic crossbow + shooting into melee: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20Hot Damn!
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5[/ooc]If the confirm works then that is 10 points[/ooc]

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Let's see if I've got this round right with all the retcons now.

Deseri - cast shadow trap on Velriana, fail
Qari - ranged touch on Idorii, miss
Turel - double move
Ra-Khefer - power attack vs Idorii, miss
Kito - guidance on Ra-Khefer and cackle
Aleris - longbow vs Idorii, HIT! for 7hp

These seemed fairly clear. I'm gonna spend a bit of time now parsing Harmose and Polux and all the AoOs to make sure I get them right. So, more to come shortly.

Polux's AoOs vs Velriana:

when she tries to pick up the wand -- trip, success
when she tries to cast magic missile -- roll for it, remember the Mirror Image

Are we still missing Polux's actions on this round, since AoOs don't take up the round's actions?

I agree that Mirror Image doesn't make Aid Another more difficult.

Harmose - move plus ready punch, which misses, no need to roll Mirror Image for it retroactively since it's a miss anyway

But I think Harmose also gets an AoO in addition to the readied punch when Velriana casts?

Deseri's crossbow versus Khelru takes place next round -- it's a hit, but not a crit.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Aww! But I did so well

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

No you didn't! You *will do* well! Let's keep our tenses straight! :D


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Very minor correction on Kito: Cackle, cast, 5' step.

I think Harmose would have too many actions: Aid Another (std action), move, ready the punch (std action).

He should get an AoO when the casting happens though.

Perhaps I misunderstood something there?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Oh yeah, you're right, I forgot Aid Another. Yeah, so Aid plus move, and we will count the readied punch as the AoO unless Harmose wants to make a separate roll for it. With that I think we have Harmose in order.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Let's make my readied punch my attack of opportunity. Keep it simple. Dang, I really should have just grabbed that wand. I didn't even get pop one of her images.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Oh yeah, Velriana's AoO versus Harmose's move.

Dagger vs Harmose: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Damage if hits: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Hang on, did Harmose Aid Another or grab Velriana's wand? I'm confused what his standard action was.

Also, the readied punch/AoO vs Velriana does not come within 5 numbers of hitting, so it does not knock out a Mirror Image.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

That's okay. Harmose is confused about what Harmose's action was.

My first inclination was to aid another, but then I realized that the wand was there, and Polux invalidated my tactics by moving in text but not map, so I edited to grab the wand instead, and then... well, we had a bunch of time warps in there.

If I could, I'd like to grab that wand.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I can't find any rules for the range of the pick up action. The intuitive two options are either a) squares you occupy or b) squares you threaten (i.e. within your Reach). I'll rule b for now with an option to change my mind on future incidents if new evidence shows up. So Harmose can grab the wand. He now has it in his hand. That's gonna make him a target awful bad though, fair warning. ;)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

"My wand! How DARE you! You are dead, you hear me! DEAD! Idorii, I want the fop dead, and I want him dead right now!" Velriana practically froths at the mouth.

Idorii quirks an eyebrow for a moment, then shrugs. "Whatever you say, boss. You're the one signing the checks."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Harmose raises an eyebrow at Velriana's tantrum. He cannot understand a word that she is saying, but really, her body language is quite clear. He asks her, calmly, "ඔබ දොළොස් දෙනා මොනවාද?"

He looks at Idorii and Khelru, pleadingly. "ඇයි ඔබ ඇය පමණක් ඇගේ සෙල්ලම් බඩු අවශ්ය, සහ ඇය ඔවුන් ලැබෙන ආකාරය රැකබලා නැත. ගේ නතර කරමු, සාකච්ඡාව, සහ Azaz සුව ඇය පහත සඳහන් ඔයාලා? ඇය සඳහා කිසිදු සැලකිල්ලක්, හෝ ඔබ එක්කෝ!"

Auran:
"What are you, twelve?"

"Why are you guys following her? She has no concern for Azaz, or either of you. She only wants her toys, and doesn't care how she gets them. I am risking my life for my friends. She lets you bleed on the floor!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Looking towards Velriana, Kito notes "You do know he can't understand you, right? Well, nothing other than that you are throwing a tantrum."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Ok, I thought my action was tumbling away and disarming Velriana. Then I AoO when she tried to get up and tripped her back down. Then she decided to cast Magic Missile (and I should AoO again, correct?). Harmose picked up the wand and now it is my action, that's it? If so:

As Velriana attempted to cast, Polux attacked once again.

Longspear: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23 <- I do get a flanking bonus with Harmose, correct?
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Samy, could you roll for the Mirror Image? I am not sure if there are 5 or 4 Velrianas at the moment :D

---------

"What the elegant young man is saying here, is that you guys are in the wrong following Velriana - she doesn't give a rat's ass about Azaz bleeding on the floor over there, and is more concerned with giving you orders to get her toy back" - he shakes his head, translating Harmose's words - "Heck, even I would save Azaz if I could reach him, and I don't even know the guy"

Samy wrote:
"My wand! How DARE you! You are dead, you hear me! DEAD! Idorii, I want the fop dead, and I want him dead right now!" Velriana practically froths at the mouth.

"Eeeesh, that was a turn off babe" - Polux frowns at Velriana's reaction.

Samy wrote:
Idorii quirks an eyebrow for a moment, then shrugs. "Whatever you say, boss. You're the one signing the checks."

"Dang girl, all of this because of cash?" - he smiles - "If that is the problem, I offer you two hundred and fifty gold above what she is paying, how about that?"

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

---------

My action - Round... X :D

"You have definitely lost most of your luster, and you are starting to piss me off" - the man turns his attention back on Velriana - "That is bad for you" - he finishes, trying to trip her again - "Now stay down, and SHUT UP!"

Longspear Trip on Velriana: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26 <- I do get a flanking bonus with Harmose, correct?

Samy, perhaps again roll for the Mirror Image? :D

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I believe your tumble and disarm was previous round. We haven't had an action from you *after* the enemies last acted.

Rolling your Mirror Images. I don't think anyone has destroyed any of the images yet, so there are still four of them plus Velriana herself for 1d5.

Casting AoO vs Velriana: 1d5 ⇒ 1 Destroys one Mirror Image

Standard Action vs Velriana: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Destroys a second one

Two Mirror Images left.

I *think* that takes care of all of your actions, finally. Now I'm gonna work on the enemy turn. Time to try to put the hurt on you.

Idorii laughs aloud at Polux's words, a bright, melodic sound that is not derisive but amused. "Oh Polux, I'm insulted. I'm not that cheap. Two-fifty more? Seriously? That's what you think my honor's worth?" With that, she takes off toward Harmose, starting in a square that is threatened by at least Ra-Khefer and Kito, and possibly Polux depending on which FAQ you subscribe to. She provokes AoOs as she moves, but she's a damn nimble cat, ducking and leaping and cartwheeling as she makes her way to Harmose. With a regular speed of 30', moving at half speed gives her three squares of movement, which is just enough to reach Harmose.

Acrobatics vs Ra-Khefer CMD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Acrobatics vs Kito CMD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Acrobatics vs Polux CMD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Reaching Harmose, Idorii swings her khopesh.

Khopesh vs Harmose: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

If Harmose's statline AC of 13 is accurate and his HP are up to date, I believe that takes him down. If that is correct, then Velriana's next action is to try to get to Harmose's square to pick up her wand. Holding off on the exact action for a bit. Also, she's prone from Polux's trip so we'll see how that goes.

Khelru takes a five foot step to Azaz, and channels positive energy. He has the Selective Channeling feat, so only Scorched Hand are healed.

Channel Energy on Scorched Hand: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 +6HP on Azaz and Idorii. Khelru and Velriana are hp-wise untouched so they don't gain benefit. Azaz regains consciousness but is prone.

I'm running out on editing time now, so I will make a second post with Velriana and Azaz's actions upcoming. Not your turn yet.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Misfortune, Samy? On all those acrobatic rolls, and the attack on me...

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

OOOH, excellent call!

Acrobatics vs Ra-Khefer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Acrobatics vs Kito: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Acrobatics vs Polux: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Attack vs Harmose: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Ra-Khefer gets an AoO vs Idorii, but otherwise I think things stand. Maybe now Ra-Khefer gets payback for all those previous bad rolls and scores a crit which downs Idorii, preventing Harmose from going down? I'm gonna wait and let Ra post his attack before moving forward.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Flail AoO vs. Idorii: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 24 for a possible 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 adamantine bludgeoning damage. Just clipped her.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Did you include your bless and guidance bonuses?

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Yep. Good news is I probably tagged her, bad news is probably not enough.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Ra-Khefer's guess is right. He does manage to tag Idorii for damage, but it's not enough to stop the resilient half-elf. Despite Kito's Misfortune and the resultant blow from Ra-Khefer working together to damage her, she pulls through to Harmose and downs him with one stroke of her khopesh.

Okay, then we move on.

Azaz stands up, momentarily confused at the change in the battlefield since he lost consciousness, but then fixates on the man who downed him, casting a spell at Polux.

Spellcraft DC 16:
Ear-Piercing Scream

Damage vs Polux: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Fortitude DC 16 for half

Now we're waiting to see if Polux saves or not, because if he goes down, Velriana will unleash spell hell northward. If he stays up, she won't be able to.

Polux's roll. After that we'll see what Velriana does, and then it will finally be your turn.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose faces Idorii bravely.

Khopesh. That's Horus's favorite weapon. It's almost fitting to go this way.

When it cuts him, he feels no pain.

Stabilize DC 12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

It's a quiet moment, and he's floating above himself. He know he should be concerned but Wenet is in his arms, nuzzling his face. He's been in this place before, but this time it's far less scary. He knows his god will come for him, and that he and Wenet will fly upwards enclosed in warm and feathery arms.

But he still feels attached to the life that is now ebbing out on the floor of the Nethys temple.

Aleris. You made a promise to Aleris, remember?

He can feel his ties to Aleris, and to his whole team, holding him there, but the ties are slowly unwinding.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
I am the tool of the GM
Samy wrote:
Now we're waiting to see if Polux saves or not, because if he goes down, Velriana will unleash spell hell northward. If he stays up, she won't be able to.

I have messaged the Polux Unit. If he does not reply by tomorrow I will bot his fort save. It will be mine, all mine! Mua. Ha. Ha.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

I have no idea if we are in a new round. But this will be Deseri's next action I guess unless I can save that hit to aim at Azaz instead. The shot would be delayed to see if he heals Harmose. Samy can I do that? Sense I am lost in the time warp.

"No." Grabbing another bolt and pointing it at Azaz with tears in her eyes. "Khelru save him, Save Harmose! I do not want to shoot him but I will. No one has to die. Please.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Polux goes down. Currently at -2

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

With Polux down, Velriana can perform the pick up action without AoO, so she retrieves her wand (move action) and then casts a spell (still prone). Now is the time for that Glitterdust she has memorized that we retconned out earlier. She blankets Aleris, Qari, Ra-Khefer and Kito with glittering dust. Will DC 18 to avoid blinded.

I'm gonna be magnanimous and say that if you saved successfully against it in the retconned incident, you can keep that roll, and if you failed against it then, you get to roll again now. Never say I never gave you anything.

Now, finally, it's alla youse turn.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Will save, Kito: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Failed again! Blinded
Will save, previous value for Thera: 23 = 23 Previous save

Suddenly the world explodes in a shiny blast of sparkles for Kito. Although unable to see, she can still giggle frantically. She takes a step forward and then starts to float up to the ceiling, putting her hands above her head to protect herself.

"من فضلك قل لي قبل أن ضرب رأسي، ثيرا!"

Osiriani:
Please tell me before I hit my head, Thera!

Move action: Giggle/cackle. 5' step. Standard action: Flight hex!


Female Thrush

Thera sits on Kito's shoulder, watching as the ceiling approaches. When there is a gap of about a foot, she chirps "وينبغي أن تكون مرتفعة بما فيه الكفاية، عشيقة!"

Osiriani:
This should be high enough, mistress!

Scarab Sages

4 people marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra threw his arm up...
Will save vs DC18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Success!
Then lowered it again as his skin is coated with glowing motes, his eyes open and clear.
He grinned. "You missed." He commented quietly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel hears the sounds of battle and chaos growing louder as he sprints around the corridor. The stricken look on Aleris' face tells him all he needs to know.

Rounding the corner only confirms his fears. As his eyes take in the scene, his newfound companion and his brother laying sprawled out on the floor he feels his iron self control slip, his mask falling away in a mix of grief, anger and rage.

He recites a calming mantra in his mind, blinking tears from his eyes, assessing who is still a threat. Then he sees the cause of all this,...VELRIANA!...and his face contorts in a rictus of rage.

In the blink of an eye he is upon Velriana, hissing, "NOW here is your lesson in humility!"

Double move, Charge and Grapple Velriana. Turel has the Improved Grapple feat so he will not provoke from Velriana.
Acrobatics (to Avoid AoO from Idorii): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Grapple, Charge, Improved: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 14

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra stalked towards Veleriana menacingly, his ball and chain whirling about with the promise of destructive force.
"You face the Pah-Met now sorceress." He said conversationally.
Suddenly, he lashed out at Idorii hard!
Heavy Flail power attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 21 for a possible 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 adamantine and bludgeoning damage.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Oh and I will resolve Deseri's attempt at Diplomacy vs Khelru in a bit. No action is needed from Deseri at the moment, as the Diplo attempt and crossbow bolt will take place in this round since they were proactive.


Inactive

"Harmose!" Aleris screams as the sorcerer falls to Idorii's blade, followed by Polux to something that she can't pinpoint the origin of. The sudden burst of light and sparkles that coats the area doesn't even faze her as she steps forward. "You're a MONSTER!" she cries, tears of anger and grief in her eyes as she raises her bow and fires at Velriana.

Attack vs. Velriana (MW Longbow; Bless, Divine Favor, PB Shot, Precise Shot): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15
Mirror Image: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Kito flies up and gets no harassment at her lofty perch. She's safe for the moment.

Deseri attempts to talk Khelru down, and it works! Whatever problems Khelru and Azaz might be having, the Garundi man still cares for his younger lover to one degree or another. Enough to give in to Deseri's Diplomacy. "All right, I surrender. Don't harm Azaz, please", Khelru says, letting his quarterstaff clatter to the hard floor as he raises his hands up.

Then Turel runs in, and tries to duck under Idorii's AoO, but unfortunately, her CMD is too high, and she makes a swing at Turel.

Idorii AoO vs Turel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 I believe that's a miss

Turel ducks under Idorii's khopesh and makes his way to Velriana, trying to grab her, but she manages to fend off the attempted grapple, remaining free.

Ra-Khefer's blow comes very close to hitting Idorii. She nimbly dodges...almost! At the last moment, the heavy flail in the oread's hands smashes into the half-elf's skull, cracking it loudly and sending her crashing to the floor, where she lies unmoving, a pool of blood slowly spreading under her head.

Almost at the same instant, Aleris fires her arrow, and it is a miss by 5, which means it destroys one of Velriana's remaining mirror images, leaving only one mirror image left.

DM:
Idorii -6/31
Azaz 3/15

I believe Qari hasn't acted beyond her Will save roll in the discussion thread, but since she's blinded and hitting anything will be difficult, I'm gonna move on to enemy turn and let Qari post her action, if any, retroactively.

ENEMY TURN

Idorii is unconscious. Stabilization: 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 6 = 15 Stable!

Khelru has raised his hands and surrendered.

Upon seeing Idorii go down and Khelru surrender, Azaz hesitates. He glances between his enemies and his allies, torn between the desire to fight and the fear of death. He vacillates for several seconds, but then hangs his head, and lets his weapons fall to the floor as he raises his hands in surrender as well.

Velriana, however, will have none of it. "TRAITORS! COWARDS! INFIDELS!" she yells at the top of her lungs, face twisted into a mask of rabid hate. "I will turn you all into ash!" She takes a five foot step southwest to get out of Ra-Khefer and Turel's threat range, standing over Harmose's body, and casts a spell. A sheet of intense flame jets out of her fingertips toward her attackers.

Spellcraft DC 16:
Burning Hands

Fire Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 4) = 13 Reflex DC 17 for half

Everyone's turn. Qari may also do retroactive for the previous turn. Velriana has one mirror image left.

3,451 to 3,500 of 5,004 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.