Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


3,201 to 3,250 of 5,004 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr.

ACCESSING FILES ON ENTITY KNOWN AS ENLARGED POLUX

Kito the Scholar wrote:

Enlarged Polux:

AC -2, Damage cold iron longspear +6 (2d6 +7/×3), reach is now 15' with the spear.

FILES ACCESSED

BOTTING POLUX

____

"Remove one abomination? With pleasure!"

RETROACTIVE ROUND 1

Cold Iron Longspear: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 1) + 7 = 13

"It's a bit more dodgy than I was expecting, but... THERE!"

RETROACTIVE ROUND 2

Cold Iron Longspear: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 5) + 7 = 13

"Are you alright, Aleris?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Yeah that does it. The zombie falls under Polux's onslaught. Combat is over. You defeated the three zombies that were lurking in D6 and the ahkhat that surprise attacked you in D7. Polux has also jimmied open the double doors leading north from D7. You may travel in that direction at will. You find no treasure or clues of note in D6 and D7, other than those already noted just before combat.


Inactive

"I'm fine Polux, thank you," Aleris breathes a sigh of relief as the last zombie is cut down. "I know the glaive is Shelyn's chosen weapon but sometimes it's a bit awkward to fight with!"

With all immediate and apparent threats eliminated, she nods towards the northern doors. "Shall we?"


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel holds up his hand, motioning for Kito to heal him with the healing wand. After several utterances of the all-too-familiar phrase "Boo-Boo Be Gone!", Turel nods in readiness. "Now I am ready."

Wand of CLW, Charge 23: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of CLW, Charge 22: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Wand of CLW, Charge 21: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Turel is at 23/25 HP. Wand has 20 charges left.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

After she is done with Turel, Kito goes over and uses the wand on Qari.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 "Boo Boo Be Gone!"

Looking around, she asks "Is anyone else hurt?"


Inactive

"I think that's everyone," Aleris replies after looking around for a moment. "Hey Kito, you said the ahkhat kept yelling at us to leave...I wonder if everyone got that response or if the Scorched Hand knew some way to make it let them pass? I guess technically we're the intruders here since none of us follow Nethys..."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

With a worried look, Kito replies to Aleris "At first, I was wondering that myself. I hope it is just that the Scorched Hand ordered it to delay us. The other option...well that would mean it still had orders that might be from the time of madness..."

She doesn't feel the need to elaborate on why that may be a bad thing.

She goes over to the remains of the ahkhat and looks at the symbols on it's surface.

The picture of it seemed to have writing on it. Anything worth reading?


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Thanks, Kito. Your questions make good sense, Aleris. Either way, it spooks me a bit. If the Scorched Hand is strong enough to summon one of those beasts, we might be in over our heads. On the other hand, they were clever enough to bypass it, then they are more clever than we have been giving them credit for. Not sure which I prefer..."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

More map revealed.

You make your way north to area D8.

D8 wrote:
This sparsely furnished room contains a bed frame bolted to the floor in the southwest corner next to a lacquered end table. On the opposite side of the room, a wooden desk has partially collapsed against the wall. Doors exit the room to the north, east, and south.

There is no longer anything of interest in the ruins of the desk.

The doors leading north and east are locked, but the east lock can be opened from this side.

Religion DC 10:
The Sanctum’s high priest resided in these quarters.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Getting slightly distracted and looking about, "This was where the High Priest would have lived." Looking up at the two doors, "So which one?"


Inactive

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

"I'd say east first just because it's easiest," Aleris murmurs as she looks around. "But if it's locked from this side then there might be something nasty on the other side...or something valuable. Either one seems equally likely, so let's be careful."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

"I have no problem with that Aleris, as I am always careful." Turel nods as he takes position next to Polux ready to proceed here.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Add +2 if a trap/+4 if Stone.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra stepped into the next room and looked around at the engineering, looking for weaknesses or voids behind walls.
Knowledge:Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

You open the east door from D8, entering a room with lots and lots of shelves.

D9 wrote:
Rows of stone shelves fill this crowded room. Most of the books and scrolls once stored here have disintegrated over time, but a few volumes engraved on more durable materials still endure. Numerous scroll tubes litter the floor of the room amid the dusty remains of ruined paper and papyrus. A solitary door is set into the western wall.

Religion or Engineering DC 5:
This was the temple’s library, which once contained an impressive collection of works both mundane and magical.
Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

After poking about with a critical eye, Ra nodded.
"Aye, the floor and shelves be reinforced." He said, picking up an empty scroll tube from among the ruined paper. "This had to be the Library. Big one too."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"I'm excited to find the library! Let's see what is left in this place. There's no telling what mysteries might still be revealed!". Qari was visibly excited by this revelation n


Inactive

"It probably can't hurt to have a quick peek around," Aleris agrees, chuckling at Qari's enthusiasm. She casts a minor detection spell and then begins to look around more closely.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Casting Detect Magic.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"A library?" Harmose perks up. "I'm looking forward to seeing this!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Characters who succeed at a DC 20 Appraise or DC 15 Perception check find an unrolled papyrus scroll discarded on the floor. It describes, in Ancient Osiriani, how magicians of Osirion’s First Age could alter elementals to new forms and purposes. The text describes the concept of an ahkhat (as explained in an earlier spoiler that you got when it showed up) and a “keystone” that binds it to a building and pacifies it. The scroll further mentions that such keystones were frequently built into the foundations of the structure and often concealed by secret doors.

A secret panel in the western wall of the library can be discovered with a successful DC 20 Perception check. The panel is locked.

If all of the surviving documents in the library are carefully gathered up and organized (which takes at least a day), the collection could be sold to various parties for a total of 1,000 gp. In addition to these historical documents, the library contains a scroll of detect secret doors and a scroll of remove curse.

The scrolls detect as magic, as does whatever is behind the secret panel.

Map updated.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Appraise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Not bothering to speak since there is so much to look at. The original reason for being here is temporary forgotten. Gently reaching out and grabbing a sheet of papyrus left on the floor. More of that language I clearly need to learn. Keeping it to herself for a moment to let her fingers dance across the scroll, tracing the wording that makes no sense to her.

With a sigh she lets her voice raise to a normal level and call out, [/b]"Kito. You can read this not me."[/b]


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel points out the secret panel to Polux. "It does not look trapped my friend. Would you like to attempt to open it?"

Botting Polux here...

Polux nods and cracks his knuckles here. "OKay, let's see what secret treasure these Nethys priests left behind..."

Polux Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Polux is normal sized by now.

Polux opens the secret panel.

Inside: This innocuous-looking scroll abruptly rises in the air, unraveling as it flies. It flits about with serpentine grace, baring its razor-sharp edges.

A flying scroll attacks you.

Initiative Aleris: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Initiative Deseri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Initiative Harmose: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Initiative Kito: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Initiative Polux: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Initiative Qari: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Initiative Ra-Khefer: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Initiative Turel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Initiative Enemy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

All but Qari and Turel may act before the scroll acts. Position yourselves on the map. Polux must be in the square just outside the secret panel because he was opening it.

Arcana DC 13:
Guardian Scrolls have DR 5/magic.

Magical practitioners, both arcane and divine, often use artificial creatures to protect their lairs, libraries, temples, and sacred texts. Sometimes the best of these protectors are ones a thief never suspects—until it’s too late. Guardian scrolls are deceptive constructs created from enchanted paper or papyrus. When an intruder enters a proscribed area or touches a prohibited object without first speaking a password or otherwise signaling that it has permission to enter, the guardian scroll rises to attack.

At rest, guardian scrolls appear identical to any number of different types of magical or nonmagical scrolls. Sometimes their ends terminate in wooden or light metal rods. These weighted ends do not hinder or alter the guardian scrolls’ ability to move and attack. The texture of such a scroll is quite different from that of any paper, parchment, or papyrus—though from visual inspection alone it’s indistinguishable from those materials. Instead, a guardian scroll’s papery body is surprising strong and tensile. Even with casual handling, an observer can tell the material is tear-resistant, though it has a fine edge.

DC 18:
Immune to bludgeoning damage, vulnerable to fire.

When a guardian scroll becomes active, it rises in the air and unfurls to a length of almost 4 feet. It wafts through the air with casual ease as it approaches its target. When it attacks, it stiffens its edges, making them almost as sharp as razors. It races past its target and draws its entire length across any exposed f lesh, leaving a long, deep, and often painful slash that bleeds badly afterward. This is not the scroll’s only means of attack, however. It can also wrap itself around a Medium or smaller creature in the blink of an eye, constricting it. While the strength of its constriction is not as terrible as that of a giant snake, the guardian scroll is intelligent enough to strategically wrap itself around the face of its target to blind and asphyxiate. While some barroom adventurers laugh at the absurdity of “aggressive paper,” anyone who has faced a guardian scroll knows its tenacity is surpassed only by its viciousness.

Guardian scrolls are artificial creatures, more akin to intelligent magic items than anything spawned in nature. Many do have some connection to the natural world, in that the material used in the creation of their paper is sometimes harvested from treants, quickwoods, or other intelligent tree creatures. In Osirion, guardian scrolls are often created from patches of stranglereeds that grow along the riverbank. Some researchers argue this explains the almost murderous nature that some guardian scrolls manifest. It is possible to create a guardian scroll without killing an intelligent plant creature, but it’s a lengthier process that requires much more material, and doesn’t appear to change the construct’s disposition.

DC 23:
They have bleed, constrict and strangle attacks.

Unlike most constructs, guardian scrolls have a limited intelligence. They lack the bludgeoning strength of other automata, and the variety and sophistication of their possible attacks require more than a simple brute force approach. This same spark of awareness also makes them subject to attacks on their minds.

Sometimes a guardian scroll’s creator uses the scroll to record the very information the construct is intended to protect—often a treasure map. The idea is that the scroll fights relentlessly rather than allowing an unauthorized party to study it, such that a would-be thief must destroy it to stop its attacks. This is risky, however. The scroll could be grappled, pinned, and held down by two or more creatures so it could be examined. Worse, since it fights to the death, the information it protects could be lost entirely.

Guardian scrolls forced into scroll tubes go dormant unless they succeed at a DC 15 Will save. A scroll that is still active can usually pop the canister open and escape unless the case has a locking mechanism or other special precautions are taken. If its tube is disturbed, a dormant guardian scroll must attempt a Will save to shake off this forced quiescence; if successful, it abruptly returns to life.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari was astounded when someone read the scroll to her discussing the elemental altering. That was exactly the kind of information that she yearned to find. It wasn't much, but perhaps it held a bit of a clue about her powers. She knew that she must learn more about that language so that she could translate for herself.

Next level, a skill rank goes into Linguistics for Ancient Osiriani and one rank will go for some Knowledge skill. Qari is tired of being the dunce in the group!


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito was just about to help Deseri with the scroll when the secret door is opened.

Kn: Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Upon seeing the creature, Kito shouts out "Quick, fire or magical cutting weapons -- blunt doesn't work!"

She then tries her misfortune curse on the creature.

DC 16 Will save

Can someone please move me on the map?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Will vs Misfortune: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Any preference where to be moved?


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Anywhere within 30' and in sight of the creature is fine. How about the 5' alcove in the shelves directly below the D.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Done!

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

With a muttered curse, Ra dropped his adamantine flail and drew a throwing axe in each hand.
Being somewhat obstructed, he readied an attack for if the scroll happened near him.
Wielded throwing axe readied attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for a possible 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 slashing damage.


Inactive

Round 1

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"Eek, the papers are alive!" Aleris shrieks, having no idea of what kind of creature or effect this thing might be. She draws her bow but isn't in a position to shoot.

"Can we lure it out?"

Aleris will draw her bow for now. Can someone move her to the square next to the eastern library exit?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Done, assuming I interpreted the square correctly.


Inactive

You got it! Thanks :)


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Harmose looks around for someone wielding a magic weapon, then casts guidance on Des.

We all expressed interest in the library. Can we all be moved there, please?


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Looking at Harmose with a look of confusion be for grabbing her neglected crossbow. Stepping away and taking aim.

Readied action to shoot when I am able too. I would prefer to wait until there is no one in the way since I take all the penalties currently.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Polux tries to stab the scroll with his gladius.

Gladius vs Scroll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Polux hits for 10hp minus the DR 5, for a total of 5hp damage, then takes a five foot step north to get out of the way.

Then enemy turn. The scroll moves out of the wall niche and comes after Turel instead of Polux, because I don't think it's fair to target a guy who's indefinitely unavailable. Because the creature is Tiny sized, it needs to move into Turel's square in order to attack, which means it needs to move more than a five foot step, which means Polux and Turel get AoOs against it.

Polux AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Crit?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 = 10 Another 5hp damage

Turel gets to make his own AoO at this point.

Then the scroll attacks him. It tries to slice the monk with its sharp papery edges.

Slice: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 No need for second Misfortune roll since it's already a miss anyway.

Lucky for Turel, the scroll has really bad luck, and because it doesn't hit, it doesn't get a chance to use its grab ability either.

Everyone's turn.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Since Turel's attacks are Bludgeoning they cannot hurt the scroll, so he will forgo the AoO.

Turel sees his fists will be useless against the living scroll so he elects to slip into a complete defensive stance.

Full Round action: Total Defense, AC is now 20.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Strangely enough, you can Aid Another for someone else's AC or to hit even when it is immune to your attacks.

Kito starts giggling again. The dark cloud following the scroll moves in time with her manic laughter.

She then calls out "දැවිය!"

Auran:
Burn it!

She then switches languages to say "Don't let it hug you!"

Having seen what Harmose had done, she waits until after Deseri fires her crossbow before casting Guidance on Deseri.

Move action: Giggle/Cackle. Ready standard action to cast Guidance on Deseri.


Inactive

Aleris' Round 2

Hearing Kito's calls to use fire, Aleris tries the only thing she can think of to do and attempts to call down holy fire on the animated scroll.

"Turel, duck!"

Fire of Belief (Ranged Touch): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage (Fire): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari blasts away with her cold Energy at the scroll, not sure whether it would have an effect or not.

RTA with PBS and Precise Shot 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose, feeling next to useless, throws an Acid Splash at the scroll.

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

+1lt crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 That makes me really sad. Sorry in advance if I end up hitting anyone!
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

A rush shoots though her when the odd creature moves in to view and she shoots immediately. Only for the shot to very clearly miss. "Damnnit!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Turel - total defense
Kito - cackle/guidance
Aleris - holy fire, miss
Qari - cold blast, miss
Harmose - acid splash, hit for 4hp
Deseri - light crossbow, miss
Polux - longspear attack, coming up
Ra-Khefer - may act retroactively

Polux uses his longspear so he doesn't have to close in.

Longspear vs Scroll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Minus DR

During this round, Turel takes the defensive while Kito takes a support role. Aleris, Qari and Deseri take the offensive but all miss, while Harmose and Polux succeed at damaging the scroll, which is starting to look a little frayed. The silent animated object keeps fluttering through the air, making another slice and grab at the defensive Turel.

Slice vs Turel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Slice vs Turel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Misfortune saves the day!
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 plus bleed and grab

Additional bleed damage at the beginning of Turel's next turn: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Miss

Everyone's turn. Ra-Khefer also has a retroactive turn from the ended turn.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Misfortune was still active via Cackle/Giggle. Please roll again for the attack on Turel.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Thank you! I remembered it as soon as I saw you posted! Fixed now!


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel is more than content to keep the animated scroll occupied whilst his friends continue to attack it from afar.

Maintain Total Defense action.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Harmose hits it solidly but does not do much damage.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Last round:
Ra uses Aid Another to add to Turel's AC.
gauntlet (from armor) attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

This round:
Ra uses Aid Another to add to Turel's AC.
gauntlet (from armor) attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
...Fumble confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
An embarrassed Ra apologized to Turel for the Unfortunate incident that just occured...


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"If it hugs you, the cuts will bleed and it will wrap tightly around you!" Kito explains.

Trying to dispense the information in about one round's worth of warning at a time.

Kito also continues with her giggling. She then casts Guidance but this time gives it to Thera and points to Aleris.


Female Thrush

Thera flies over to Aleris and touches her, delivering the Guidance.

Samy, I'm not certain of the rules here. Normally you cast a touch spell, move, and then deliver it for free. With a Familiar, I'm not certain if the familiar's standard action is taken up by receiving the touch spell or not. I believe Thera can move over to Aleris, just not sure if she would have any actions left to return this round.

Edit to add: Some searching in the rules forum sort of answered the question. The valet archetype modifies Deliver Touch Spells so that they can specifically move before and after delivering the spell. Since Thera is a normal familiar (no archetypes) it stands to reason she can't do that.


Inactive

Aleris' Round 3

"Grr...hold still!" Aleris cries, barely even noticing as Thera flutters over to rest on her shoulder.

Fire of Belief (Ranged Touch): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage (Fire): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari again blasts with her cold at the tiny scroll.

RTA with PBS and Precise Shot 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 3 = 12

3,201 to 3,250 of 5,004 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.