Motteditor's Skull and Shackles PBP (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Dungeon map / Island map / Open ocean map
Murderin' Murder upper decks /Murderin' Murder lower decks
GM's crew list / Crew icons


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,545 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 1

Cargas stands his ground, readying his spear in defense of the projectile combatants.

Readied Spear attack:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 to hit;
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage.

Cargas Combat Stuff:

AC 14
HP 17/23

Spear attack:
[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1:

Budos: 21
Sicarius: 20
Cargas: 14
Gezza: 14
Nimrod: 16
Antagonist: 5

You open fire on the thing, peppering it with arrows and spears and bolts as it begins to move.

It staggers back, spraying out a night-black foul liquid, that coats the ground under your feet. The area is considered difficult terrain now; in addition, you must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 rounds. Then it backs up, crawling on the tunnel rock until you hear it splash back into the water. It's moving to the northeast; note that if you want to follow it, you have to move through two patches of the thick seaweed: DC 10 Reflex save or be entangled.

Mechanics:

1d4 ⇒ 1

DF: 22


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 16 "Oh gods, that is foul!" Gezza manages to keep his stomach under control, but it's close. "Is it blocking our way or can we let it crawl away to nurse its wounds?"


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Fort

Cargas takes a deep breath before agreeing how bad it smells. "Ah yeah, that's really awful. Nasty, really. Wow." Cargas sniffs and sniffs again, really taking in all the bad odor and appreciating it for what it is.

Cargas notes that the fish has fled, but feels no compulsion to chase it.

"Nah, let it go. We learned it good and it probably won't bother us again. Probably."

Cargas looks to Brood to lead on.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Fortitude DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Budos gags and retches at the foul stink. "Blech! That smells like Cargas cooking." After he adjusts to the stink, as he usually does at dinner time, Bud starts searching the chamber. "These skeletal decorations ain't by accident, them squid-gobbos must be lairing nearby."

take 20 to search the chamber while we keep watch on the passageway that the creature disappeared down

When the search is complete, Budos eyes the tunnels ahead. "Maybe we should kill that horse fish so it doesn't sneak back up on us?" If the party agrees Bud makes sure everyone is armed again with spears and then leads the way forward. "We can learn from them little buggers, a volley of spears is a good way to start hostilities."


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim Fortitude Save v DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Magilla Fortitude Save v DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Nim asks for a small amount of time to steady himself, as the nausea passes. Magilla grunts, impatient to move onwards, and possibly outwards. Nim at least takes up a spear, and readies a quick jab should the devilfish renew its designs on remaining an obstacle.

"We waiting, or following?"

When the group decides to pursue the creature, Nim goads Magilla to head out. They both manage to avoid becoming ensnared.

Nim Reflex Save v DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Magilla Reflex Save v DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Let's move up and around to the left, I think. /me looks at map.

Cargas waits, taking another deep breath or two. "Yeah, that smells really awful, huh?"


retired

Fort Save (DC 15): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Ref Save (DC 10): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Brood barely manages to keep his insides from becoming his outsides as the stench washes over him, but he simply scowls and stalks forward with the crossbow ready.

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 15 (14 T / 10 FF) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
CMD: 16 (includes -1 from Dex damage)
F/R/W: +3/+2/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
Arcane Pool used: 1/4
Tidewater Hydraulic Push (1/day): [ ]
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [ ]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, dancing lights, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [ ], shield [ ]

Ongoing Effects
Fevered: -3 Dex, -1 Con
Ghoul Fever: well frigg.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You continue on, the tunnel sloping slightly downward, before dropping off rapidly as the passage ends in a large cavern.

Hundreds of remains float in this large bowl of water, which churns with bones, scraps of flesh, and the carcasses of strange, almost alien fish. Just visible through the roiling stew are humanoid bodies floating in the water, wan corpses drifting near the bottom of this cauldron like sleeping guardians.

Two figures hang from the ceiling above the churning water, bound hand and foot with thick strands of seaweed and sinew and weighted with heavy ingots of silver—Sandara Quinn and Badger Medlar. Both appear to be wounded; Badger in particular seems to have been gnawed on by something and is barely conscious.

In addition to the devil fish, two grindylows -- one female and the other a monstrous, bloated specimen -- are in the cavern, and scream in rage as you enter.

Initiative:

Budos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Cargas: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Gezza: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Nimrod: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Sicarius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Antagonist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Cargas, Nim and Brood are up; you'll need Swim checks if you go into the cavern as the water is deep. Combat map is up; note they're 10-ft. squares. Also, the dungeon map has the depth indicator for the cave so you can see sort of where you are; the red line indicates the water's surface.

Mechanics:

DF: 22


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

"I think we found the right place at the wrong time, gents. So... murder?" Gezza casually says as he looks around the room, definitely not ready for this battle.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 1, Init 13

Cargas looks around, wondering why he'd want to go in there. That Sandara and Badger seem somewhat not-dead is a surprise. There is little reason for them to be alive that he can see. But he's just a scrub with a spear.

"Whatcha wanna do? Shoot them from here while we hold them off? Seems like a good plan to me."

Cargas readies to stab whatever gets close. He'll have his 5' step available for this if he's not swimming.

Readied Attack:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 to hit;
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.

Cargas Combat Stuff:

AC 14
HP 17/23

Spear attack@most wounded:
[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 1, Init 21

Nim Status:

AC = 17
HP = 9/14
Weapon Equipped = Longbow
Condition(s) = None

Magilla Status:

AC = 13
HP = 21/21 (+2 HP, Bear)
Weapon Equipped = Meatpaws and Teeth
Condition(s) = Animal Focus(Bear)

He cautions Magilla, seeing the grindylows, and tries to get the ape to move forward. The hairy beast behind the boys decides it's better off remaining where he is.

Push Animal v DC 25: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Nim waits for Brood to move forward, to take his place, taking another shot at the devilfish, hoping to lower their numbers, and better the odds.

Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
for 1d8 ⇒ 7 damage


retired

Brood's face darkens, his eyes narrowing and his brow furrowing dangerously as he takes in the nature of the scene. With an angry snarl, the russet-skinned elf rips his cutlass free, intones a spell, and slips forward into the water with his blade flashing. "That out that tentacled thing. I'll start on the big... thing."

Swim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

cast shield, draw cutlass and move, activate arcane pool

moving to the spot to the right of badger

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (14 T / 15 FF) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
CMD: 16 (includes -1 from Dex damage)
F/R/W: +3/+2/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
Arcane Pool used: 2/4
Tidewater Hydraulic Push (1/day): [ ]
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [ ]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, dancing lights, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [ ], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Fevered: -3 Dex, -1 Con
Ghoul Fever: well frigg.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1/2:

Nimrod: 21
Sicarius: 15
Cargas: 13
Antagonists/pirates: 10
Budos: 7
Gezza: 7

Cargas readies his weapon while Nim moves up on his own, firing wide of the devilfish.

Brood dives into the fight, literally, as he casts and draws his sword and plunges into the deep pool. The female grindylow lets out a horrible screams as he approaches and cuts the bonds holding the two captive pirates above the water. They let out a cry, but it's cut off as they immediately begin sinking below the surface of the water!

The other, bloated grindylow bites at Nim, who ducks away, while the devilfish lashes Nim with its tentacles before grabbing hold of the unconscious half-orc. 15 hp, plus grappled.

Mechanics:

bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

tentacles: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) + 4 = 15
grab: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

DF: 22


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 2, Init 13

Cargas swims up to engage the Devilfish.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 to hit;
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage.

Cargas Combat Stuff:

AC 14
HP 15/23

Spear attack@most wounded:
[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza grits his teeth and murmurs a word as a spear of wood erupts from the water to fly at the female grindylow!

Splintered Spear 6/7: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage and 1 bleed!


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Bud moves forward with Cargas and joins the attack on the devilfish.

Great Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim slips into worthlessness, as Magilla tries to move up, and attempt to pull Nim from the big beast. Double Swim?


retired

I didn't intend to cut them down just yet - unless leaving them suspended would have seemed to be a certain-next-round-death-sentence. I was more planning to just tussle with this big, blobby, ugly thing (not Cargas) and save our pair of captured crew mates after all the baddies were gutted.

Cursing as the pair vanish under the surface of the water, Brood intones his other spell and slips into the water after them.

cast monkey fish, get to rescuing!

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (14 T / 15 FF) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
CMD: 16 (includes -1 from Dex damage)
F/R/W: +3/+2/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
Arcane Pool used: 2/4
Tidewater Hydraulic Push (1/day): [ ]
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [ ]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, dancing lights, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Fevered: -3 Dex, -1 Con
Ghoul Fever: well frigg.
shield: 2/20 rounds
monkey fish: 1/20 rounds

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry, I was imprecise in my writing. The grindylow female cut the captives down.

Round 1:

Nimrod: 21
Sicarius: 15
Cargas: 13
Antagonists/pirates: 10
Budos: 7
Gezza: 7

Gezza casts and dives into the water, where he can see the forms of the two women sinking to the bottom. Worse, though, through the murk he sees a pair of figures already there, and they still seem to be moving -- reaching up with pale, clawed hands toward the descending captives.

Cargas stabs the devilfish as he dives under its lashing tentacles, a spurt of blood adding to the water's dark color. He's joined by Brood, whose blow goes off target, while Gezza's spear flies wide of the grindylow.

She retreats, jetting away, and you can see her raising a tentacle with a wand toward her hand.

The massive grindylow dives down himself, biting at Brood again. This time he latches on to the elf, jaws closing on him and holding him tight. 10 hp, plus grappled.

Mechanics:

Sicarius Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Devilfish AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Devilfish tentacles: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Grab: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

DF: 31


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 3, Init 13

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Swim

Cargas thrashes at the Devilfish.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 to hit;
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage.

Cargas Combat Stuff:

AC 14
HP 15/23

Spear attack@most wounded:
[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.


retired

LOL - so this last update, Gezza(1) = Brood, Brood(1) = Bud, Gezza(2) = Gezza, and the Brood that got bit and is grappled is Brood?


Round 2

Magilla swims up to Nim, and tries to break the grapple keeping the half-orc down.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Ouch! I really screwed that up. That's what I get for doing it first thing in the morning! Brood (really Brood) has it correct above. Magilla; Nim was dropped when the devilfish used its tentacles to attack Cargas. Sorry also should've made that clear.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

I am become Gezza, who is many and yet one!

Gezza, who is experiencing serious personality issues, sends another spear at the fat grindylow! Splintered Spear 7/7: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage and 1 bleed!


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos hacks down the devilfish and lunges to Sandra.

Great Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Swim check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 2:

Nimrod: 21
Sicarius: 15
Cargas: 13
Antagonists/pirates: 10
Budos: 7
Gezza: 7

Magilla pulls Nim away from the fighting while Cargas and Budos finish off the devilfish, the latter diving down toward the captives.

Gezza's spear seems to bounce off the rubbery skin of the grindylow, who begins waving around the wand, which starts to glow with magical power. She's using the wand, but it's got more than a standard action activation.

Brood, badly hurt, manages to break free from the big grindylow and paddles quickly back as it dives down after Budos, though its jaws snap on nothing but air.

Budos watches in horror as the two underwater corpses savage Badger, claws and teeth ripping into her and ripping her apart -- if she's alive, it's only barely, and he's not sure it's not too late already. Sandara struggles furiously against her bonds, to no avail.

Mechanics:

Brood CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

1d2 ⇒ 2
Corpse bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Corpse claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Corpse claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

1d2 ⇒ 2
Corpse bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Corpse claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Corpse claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sandara Escape: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Sandara: 10, 3 rd held breath
Badger: 1/22, 2 rd held breath


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

GM, I have an idea. Can I use hydraulic push as a bull rush to propel Sandara out of the depths into the air?

CMB for Bull Rush: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 4 = 15


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 4, Init 13

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Swim

Pleased to be freed from the big bad fish, Cargas swims up to engage the big fatty grimylow.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 to hit;
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage.

Cargas Combat Stuff:

AC 14
HP 5/23

Spear attack@most wounded:
[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Gezza, I think that would work, but she'd then presumably start sinking again immediately. Still it could give you a round or two.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

I'll do it. I'm trying to get her air and keep her out of the clutches of whatever lurks below.


The big ape clutches at the unconscious half-orc for the second time in almost as many chambers.

Constitution Check v DC 10: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10

The half-orc seems to will himself from beyond consciousness to stop bleeding into the water with creatures very much like sharks...


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos watches in horror as the creatures turn Badger into a new recruit for the other team, then snarls a feral grin and turns his attention to the fat squid goblin as Sandara bursts past him and out of the water. Taking advantage of Cargas' effort, Bud starts moving around the creature as he strikes at it with his axe.

thanks Gezza, shift towards flanking with Cargas and attack the big grindylow

Great Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 3:

Budos: 7
Gezza: 7
Nimrod: 21
Sicarius: 15
Cargas: 13
Antagonists/pirates: 10

As Nimrod is tended to by Magilla, the fight rages on in the watery cavern in front of them.

Budos cuts at the big grindylow, but his axe bounces off its rubbery hide. As Cargas swims toward it to try to get on the other side, the creature's jaws close on him as he gets close, and the big dwarf slips into merciful unconsciousness as the pain overwhelms him. 11 hp

Gezza casts from his place of relative safety, and Sandara comes flying out of the water, to land a moment later with a splash as she gasps for air. Before she has a chance to sink again, Brood grabs her and drags her toward the exit.

"This is too much!" he yells. "Badger's dead; grab the dwarf and let's get out of here!"

"Wait," Sandara gasps. "I need a holy symbol. Take off your shirt!" she orders the elf.

As if to punctuate his words, the other grindylow finishes waving her wand, and an octopus appears behind the big grindylow.

Mechanics:

Bite AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


retired

Rather than strip for Sandara's amusement in the midst of a fight, Brood instead rips the pouch holding her holy symbol free from his belt and thrusts it at her. "This what you need?"
Turning then to the increasing number of foes in the chamber, his scowl darkens. "Now, which one of you blubbery *%#@$ wants to get cut up first?" He holds his position in front of Sandara though, hoping her magics can knits his wounds before he charges into the thick of things. As he waits, cutlass at the ready, he brings a simple spell to bear upon the large grindylow and a series of bright flashes erupt before its eyes.

flare, Fort Save DC 13 or dazzled for 1 round

Status:

HP: 5/15
AC: 19 (14 T / 15 FF) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
CMD: 16 (includes -1 from Dex damage)
F/R/W: +3/+2/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
Arcane Pool used: 2/4
Tidewater Hydraulic Push (1/day): [ ]
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [ ]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, dancing lights, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Fevered: -3 Dex, -1 Con
Ghoul Fever: well frigg.
shield: 4/20 rounds
monkey fish: 3/20 rounds


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

"Brood, WE ARE LEAV-ING!" Gezza steps forward to help Sandara move so Brood's weapon arms are free! If anything comes close, he casts ray of frost at it! Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 for 1d3 ⇒ 1 cold damage!


retired

Brood growls as he waits for their foes to approach, "Not without that ugly dwarf we're not."


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

The captain gives his all as he attacks the big grindylow, determined to save his crew or die trying. "That's my dwarf, unhand me dwarf you fat squid!"

Great Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas bleeds, drowns, is generally in a happier place.

1d20 + 3 - 7 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 7 = -3 Con Check


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

"Grab him and let's get moving, then!" Realizing there's no one else available to grab the dwarf, Gezza abandons his previous plan and dives into the water, hoping to grab the bobbing dwarf and drag him back to the shore without being mauled himself!

Swim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 4:

Budos: 7
Gezza: 7
Nimrod: 21
Cargas: 13
Sicarius: 15
Antagonists/Sandara: 10

Budos hacks into the big grindylow, who screams as his blood spurts into the water, cries echoed by the other grindylow.

Gezza makes his way through the water over to Cargas, grabbing the unconscious dwarf as Magilla holds on to the unconscious Nimrod.

Sandara grins as Brood hands her her familiar holy symbol and she calls out for Besmara's blessing, which washes over you -- though it unfortunately heals the big grindylow too. +7 hp to all.

The creature doesn't seem bothered by Brood's spell and it bites into Budos, teeth latching on to the half-orc 9 hp, plus grappled. Even as he's wrapped up, Budos sees the octopus swim over, but its beak can't find a way past the massive grindylow, sparing the captain more pain.

The female grindylow casts a spell, and suddenly the seaweed in the chamber seems to come alive, grabbing and catching at you. DC 14 Reflex save or everyone but Budos and Cargas are entangled. Circle delineates the spell's AoE.

Mechanics:

Sandara channel: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Grindy save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Grindy bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Grab: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Octobite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

TW: 9


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Gezza kicks and tries to get the dwarf to dry land.


retired

I sure hope Badger wasn't healed back to consciousness by that only to then be ripped apart by undead things =(

Reinvigorated by Sandara's magic, Brood slips forward through the grasping seaweed with a dark scowl and lashes out with his cutlass.

Reflex (DC 14): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Tidewater Cutlass: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18for: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Map's rendering funkily in safari on my phone: I'm only seeing some of the tokens and the underlaying map isn't showing. I'm hoping I've got enough movement given the now difficult terrain to get up to either the big grindylow or the summoned octopus and put one of them down.

Status:

HP: 12/15
AC: 19 (14 T / 15 FF) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
CMD: 16 (includes -1 from Dex damage)
F/R/W: +3/+2/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
Arcane Pool used: 2/4
Tidewater Hydraulic Push (1/day): [ ]
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [ ]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, dancing lights, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Fevered: -3 Dex, -1 Con
Ghoul Fever: well frigg.
shield: 5/20 rounds
monkey fish: 4/20 rounds
arcane pool (+1/+1): 1/10 rounds


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas struggles out of his unconsciousness, and fails to gain it. He lags behind Gezza like a dingleberry, only more smelly.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos sinks his giant green teeth into the fat grindylow and tears at the blubbery flesh.

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

no dex bonus in grapple right, does he also get sneak attack damage on the bite?

sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 5, Init 21

Nim Status:

AC = 17
HP = 5/14
Weapon Equipped = None
Condition(s) = Generally f+*+ed

Magilla Status:

AC = 13
HP = 21/21
Weapon Equipped = Meatpaws and Teeth
Condition(s) = Confused, Aspect of the Bear

Nim scrambles to consciousness, splashing about in the water, at the same time that Magilla releases him to his own flailing. "My bow!! Where's my damned bow?!"

Adding insult to healing injury, both half-orc and ape continue flailing in the water, trying to avoid being ensnared by the sudden eruption of kelp.

Nim Reflex Save v DC 14: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Magilla Reflex Save DC 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Magilla seems perfectly willing to start ripping kelp from its anchors, while Nim pulls a dagger, and tries to cut himself from his new bonds.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You can dive down and check, Brood.

Round 5:

Budos: 7
Gezza: 7
Nimrod: 21
Cargas: 13
Sicarius: 15
Antagonists/Sandara: 10

Budos bites right back at the massive grindylow, tearing at his throat yes, I think you should get sneak attack damage. He's joined moments later by Brood, who dives back in and cuts the big grindylow across the gut. The female grindylow cries out something in a language you don't understand I don't think any of you speak Aquan, and suddenly jets past you out of the cavern, too quickly for any of you to react no AoOs.

Gezza, carrying the limp dwarf, can't make any headway I believe you'd be considered encumbered carrying him, giving you a minus to your Swim check, unfortunately in the roiling water.

Nim wakes, but is caught by the seaweed. Sandara struggles free and makes a pulling motion as she holds up her holy symbol, and a wave suddenly grabs Cargas, pulling him from Gezza's grasp toward the cleric -- and unfortunately into the grasping seaweed. She looks around wildly, as the octopus tears into Budos. 2 hp, plus need a DC 13 Fort save

Mechanics:

Sandara save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Sandara surge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
tentacles: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Crit?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

TW: 35


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Actually Gezza speaks Aquan.

Swim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Gezz struggles to manuever the dwarf out of the water.


retired

Brood growls back over his shoulder, "Leave the dwarf, Gezza! You or Nim see if Badger's still alive down there!" The elf's eyes seem on the verge of bursting into flame as he keeps his furious attention and sword focused upon the large grindylow. After a series of feints, he brings his cutlass arcing around in a sudden, gleaming flash, and its passage just above the surface of the water parts the churning liquid briefly as if it had been cut by a blade.

Tidewater Cutlass: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26for: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Crit?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18for an additional: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Status:

HP: 12/15
AC: 19 (14 T / 15 FF) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
CMD: 16 (includes -1 from Dex damage)
F/R/W: +3/+2/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep) (includes -1 from Dex damage)
Arcane Pool used: 2/4
Tidewater Hydraulic Push (1/day): [ ]
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [ ]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, dancing lights, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Fevered: -3 Dex, -1 Con
Ghoul Fever: well frigg.
shield: 6/20 rounds
monkey fish: 5/20 rounds
arcane pool (+1/+1): 2/10 rounds

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Oh. Well in that case, she screamed "The Whale!" pretty obviously referring to the big grindylow. The big grindylow is unconscious, Brood. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,545 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Skull and Shackles PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.