Heathy's Isle of Dread Thread

Game Master Heathansson


4,901 to 4,950 of 19,803 << first < prev | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | next > last >>

Bard 8/ Troubadour of Stars 9 Epic Shredder

"Truly a desperate situation indeed."

Strums Lucille

"For 'tis said far and wide,
When Old Sitg's not pie-eyed,
His eyes redden and he gets the shakes.
'Ware Old Stig when he's dry,
For he'll soon make you cry,
As he works off his pains and his aches."


"RAWR! RAWR!"


Male Wild Elf Druid 16 (Shifter version, PHBII)

In Canine:
"Fear not faithful canine! We shall move with all dispatch and rescue good Stigwold. Lead on my furry friend!"

Turning to the others, Elgan says, "Tensah sez dat' Stiggy's gaht hisse'f inta sum kinda trubble. He sez he kin lead us tah him rahl quick-lahk. An' ah don' t'ink dat hge's gonna wait fer us! Le's go!"


Male Human Rogue 14

“Wait! Let me put my spiked boots on, those well walls can be slippery… All right, good to go now, lead on Tenser!”

Liberty's Edge

Male Mothman Expert 5

dot


*CHUG*

<Talking to the talking rum.

"Yer richt tasty, laddie."


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Group....
the dog leads you to the "Sunrise" district, in the south of Sasserine. He pulls into a dead end that is clearly marked for the literate as "DEAD DOG ALLEY."
Tenser assumes the birdpointer stance; towards what looks like a saloon called "Dead and Stuffed." The joint looks dead. Figuratively speaking, of course.

"Riggy rin rere! Rim risappear!!!"

To Elgan;
"Ah, good lordmaurster Stiggy, whilst on a bender went in there to carouse; he....sat at the barstool as I watched from the doorway, then....it's rauther odd, but he...he....plummeted from the stool and into the floor. I ran in after him, but was ever so rudely ejected from the establishment. I feel as though I've failed my Maurster, oh good elf Elgan."


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Stiggy:

The anthropomorphic bottle retorts; "you expect me to talk? You just drank all my innards! I'm dead! You killed me!"

He mounts the stairs; gets to the top, and there's a door there. It seems locked.


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

"Riggy rin rere! Rim risappear!!!"

"Let's go inside and see what we find."

Is the door locked?


Strength roll to force the door open 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Human Rogue 14

Beldan will listen at the door and check it for traps Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 and if it’s locked, try to pick it open (or trapped, try to disarm it) Disable Device: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (20) + 27 = 47 .


M Halfling Barbarian 10

Drawing steel.

The Exchange

.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Stigwold Mæch'Hæmmær wrote:
Strength roll to force the door open 1d20+7

Roll a d20; add your BAB and your Dex bonus in there.

The door, strangely, gives way under Stiggy's powerful thrust and flies back on the hinges.

The door at the bottom that Stigg came in gives yield, and a throng of mushroom men come pouring in; all chanting in unison, and spraying spores all over the place.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Beldan Vale wrote:
Beldan will listen at the door and check it for traps Perception: 1d20 + 13 and if it’s locked, try to pick it open (or trapped, try to disarm it) Disable Device: 1d20 + 27 .

Beldan's door is not trapped; it is locked. A tumbler hook and a depression with the spoon and she's open for business. The door is bypassed; it's up to you whether you open it or not.

Beldan can hear murmuring within; can't make out details. Sounds like male individuals talking; perhaps burly female half orcs; that's about all he can make out. Can't see in the keyhole or nothing.


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)

"Kick it in. I'll incinerate anyone inside, if necessary."


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Who kicks it in?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

this is cool.....two guys, kickin in a door ath teh same time.

Synchronicity....


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Meh....Beldan can kick the door in; I won't hold it aginn him nohow.
The building in question, the "Dead and Stuffed," takes up a-l on the top and 1-7 on the side. The door what Beldan kicked in was at d7, on the south wall, and he can see walls around a little entry way that extend out on the border line of cd 6 and cd7, and ef 6 and ef 7. He can see a bar at about de2; the rest of the room is obscured by the entry walls. There's a mirror on one wall, a few photos, and some stuffed heads of dear and warthog, a zebra, few antelope, and the stuffed head of a tapir animates and starts screaming a feminine scream when the door is kicked in.
Initiative time....can't see nobody as of yet.


Male Human Rogue 14

Photos?

Group init: 1d20 ⇒ 14. Puts Beldan's init at 24.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

(lol) pictures....drawings....nothing anachronistic. Not photos at all.

1d20 ⇒ 6


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

You guys win initiative.

You don't see anybody; all you hear is a baritoned thick Uleki accent shouting "f%@% you! We're closed!!!"


Male Human Rogue 14

Beldan stops, looks, and listens. Try to pick where the voice came from if nothing else. Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)

"You're open now, genius." Altai points at the screaming tapirhead and zaps it with a glob of acidic goo.

I'm stepping into E7. The missile is an Acid bolt, which hits touch AC 16 and does 7 points of acid damage. BTW, are there any reflections in the mirror?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Beldan Vale wrote:
Beldan stops, looks, and listens. Try to pick where the voice came from if nothing else. Perception: 1d20 + 13

Northeastish on the map.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Altai Iscarni wrote:

"You're open now, genius." Altai points at the screaming tapirhead and zaps it with a glob of acidic goo.

I'm stepping into E7. The missile is an Acid bolt, which hits touch AC 16 and does 7 points of acid damage. BTW, are there any reflections in the mirror?

The shrieking tapir shuts the hellz up and dissolves in acidic goo.

The mirror does have a reflection; whatever okapi or ocelot head is on the wall across from it.
There's also one of those fake-ass monkey top/fish bottom mermaids; this one is baboon and a tiny mako sharklike (porbeagle) back end.

The voice pipes back: "GENIUS is bustin in on my DEN, you soon-to-be- sucking-for-air-through-lungs-filling-up-to-drown-ye-in-your-own-blood IDIOUTE F@~!ING SAVAUNT!!!" again, in a thick burly, cigarsmoke-crustified Ulekese accent.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Beldan can still go; he didn't burn up all his action yet.


"Hol' 'em off, will ye?" <Stig says to the talking bottle then hurls it at the mushroom men.>

<He then proceeds through the door.>


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Stigwold Mæch'Hæmmær wrote:

"Hol' 'em off, will ye?" <Stig says to the talking bottle then hurls it at the mushroom men.>

<He then proceeds through the door.>

Roll a d20; add your BAB and your Dex bonus in there.

The door, strangely, gives way under Stiggy's powerful thrust and flies back on the hinges.


1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Stiggy plows into the room; the door gives way....somebody was trying to throw Stiggy off balance by releasing the door when he tried to give it the ole heave ho.
Stiggy keeps his feet though; plows about 10 feet into the room.
There's a drow, to the left of the door, with the drop on Stig; he's got two arrows nocked.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 initiative.


Male Wild Elf Druid 16 (Shifter version, PHBII)

Catching up! (BArely!)

In canine: "Be at ease faithful canine. You are at no fault. We shall endeavor to discover precisely what has occurred. Your descriptions lead me to believe that Stiggy has been abducted. This is good, for if he was abducted, then they most likely want him alive for some purpose. Meaning that you shall soon be reunited with your master, and we shall provide ample opportunity for you to have your vengeance upon those who tried to separate you from him!"

ELgan turns to the others, and drawls;

"Tensuh' sez dat Stig' fell tr'u a hole in deh flo'. Sez a stool jes' fell down raht unneh him and dropped 'im in."

The elf stands back, content to let the others take the lead in dealing with locked doors, and recalcitrant hosts, and shrieking stuffed heads,... Although his distaste at the collection on the wall grows more and more apparent by the second.

"Dat's jes' FOUL! Wunneh' how'd he lahk it if'n ah wuz tah take and stuff HIS arse up on deh F!@#$%^in wall?!?" The slightly built elf growls angrily. There is a deep rumble of anger from his throat, and it takes a glance to ensure that he has not, yet, changed form.


<When Stiggy spots the drow... "Uh oh"

1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Human Rogue 14
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
Beldan can still go; he didn't burn up all his action yet.

Beldan will load his crossbow (free action with Rapid Reload) and ready an action to shoot it at the first dude who tries to attack the party.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Stiggy:
He lets the two arrows slide to untaut on the string; i.e. he ain't shooting at you. Then, he reaches in his cloak and pulls out a gun! No, not a gun, I meant a potion bottle; throws it to ye.
Then he turns, and starts chunking arrows in the other room at the mushroom people, this erstwhile drow benefactor;
"the mushrooms....they dose you up, dwarf?"

Your turn.....


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Beldan Vale wrote:
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
Beldan can still go; he didn't burn up all his action yet.
Beldan will load his crossbow (free action with Rapid Reload) and ready an action to shoot it at the first dude who tries to attack the party.

Right on....

Beldan's saving it up,
Elgan, Pip, Gittik, and Oso still up to bat.


dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

Stiggy:

He lets the two arrows slide to untaut on the string; i.e. he ain't shooting at you. Then, he reaches in his cloak and pulls out a gun! No, not a gun, I meant a potion bottle; throws it to ye.
Then he turns, and starts chunking arrows in the other room at the mushroom people, this erstwhile drow benefactor;
"the mushrooms....they dose you up, dwarf?"

Your turn.....

"Errrr. Yah."

<WTF.... Stig drinks the potion.>


*In Stig's mind*

"Ye boggin' tripe. Ye tak' a potion frae a pumpin' drow? Ah swear ye wull dram anything if it ain't cooncil juice. Tis a pumpin' miracle ye'r aye alive."


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Stiggy feels all better, with all his h.p.'s back.

Two arrows pop in the room; flashing brightly, they continue to strobe with flashes of white light....

he looks at you;
"I'm not your friend. I know that. You know that.
I'm not their friend either, and so.....guess what? I don't have any friends. I always wanted one, though!" He grimaces. It seems like he's trying to smile.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Mammy Mæch'Hæmmær wrote:

*In Stig's mind*

"Ye boggin' tripe. Ye tak' a potion frae a pumpin' drow? Ah swear ye wull dram anything if it ain't cooncil juice. Tis a pumpin' miracle ye'r aye alive."

or d.m. fiat.


dungeonmaster heathy wrote:


...he looks at you;
"I'm not your friend. I know that. You know that.
I'm not their friend either, and so.....guess what? I don't have any friends. I always wanted one, though!" He grimaces. It seems like he's trying to smile.

<Stig shrugs... and... hefts his hammer and smashes mushrooms.>


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

The drow nods; "nuh uh. we gotta back off, we gotta fade out. They'll have you lieing there drooling, hallucinating your mother's face on Lolth's spider body, or worse....we can't standup and fight.

I'm a drow;" he snickers. "we can't standup and fight worth a crud anyway."


"Aricht."

<Stig chats a little as they "back off".>

"A've git a dug, he's mah mukker. Dinnae ken whaur he git tae though. Rum is ma mukker, tae, bit it lies tae me. Fowk lie tae. A dug ne'er lies."


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

"What's a dog? Is it a aboveworld thrall or something?"
He leads through some hallways, left....right....left.....past a few doors here and there.

"You coming? Oh; sorry....I bet all that shell slows you down, stumpyfu.....dwarf.....sorry.....didn't mean no disrespect..."


"Na worries. Mah maws uses far worse epithets. Mammy 'n' pops disowned me fur bein' a lazy, boggin' piece o' short trash."

<Looks around nervously for Mammy.>

"Sorry fur a' th' noise ah mak'. 'N' amurnay agile, sae th' armor serves me weel."

<Raps his knuckles on the plate armor.>

"Dugs ur four legged animals that ur generally speakin' gey happy 'n' loyal tae thair mukkers. Thay lik' tae chase rabbits, squirrels, 'n' cats. Kind o' lik' wolves except mair sociable 'n' lik' swallyin heavy."


"Mah name be Stigwold, by th' wey. Ca' me Stiggy."


M Halfling Barbarian 10

"Hey, who you? Where you hide? We look for Stiggy. You know him? Dwarf, big axe, always drunk? Them say him drunk, fall down well. Me see no well."


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Gittik. You can see perfectly well."


Barbarian (berserker) 3; Init +1; AC18; Hp 36/41; Saves Str +5, Con +7; Passive Perception 9

"Haaawww....well. But where is he? Gittik's right."

Oso draws his broadsword and readies his shield just in case.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

I'm guessing that Oso; Gittik want to hold action until the enemies attack...there's d and e 6 and d7 open in the entranceway to the establishment; Altai's at e7, being a wizard and all.

Elgan/Pip wanna do anything?

4,901 to 4,950 of 19,803 << first < prev | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heathy's Isle of Dread Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.