[Gameday VII][Session 1] GM Eclipse's Black Waters (Inactive)

Game Master Agent Eclipse

Slides


1 to 50 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The Pathfinder Society seeks the ancient ruby ring of the salamander and it falls to a team of Pathfinders to find it. Last seen in the Tri-Towers Yard, a once elite academy for the youth of Absalom, the ruby ring is now lost in the Drownyard, all that remains of Tri-Towers after it was destroyed a decade ago in the great quake. The Pathfinders must risk the strange black ichors and salty brine to find their prize—will they risk their very souls as well?

Dot here. Introduction posts will occur one week prior to start date.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The letters arrived to each Pathfinder in discreet envelopes bearing the Pathfinder Insignia. Inside was a summons for our next excursion but the details were scant...arrive at the home of Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng of Absalom in one week's time.

It has been one week since the summons and your make your way through the brisk streets of Absalom to the rather modest home of your Venture-Captain. The first to arrive knocks four times as told in the letter and consequently hears much rattling as if someone was waking from a deep nap.

"Coming! One moment...or two." you hear called out from the upper rooms.

Now you wait for a proper answer and the rest of the agents to arrive kept company by only Autumn wind.

Please feel free to arrive and interact with your fellow agents. We are 5 days away from starting!

Dark Archive

CG Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Cartomancer) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 (T12/FF10) | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30' | CMB +0 | CMD 12 (FF10) | F+1 R+2 W+2 (+ mods)|
Spells:
Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | Cause Fear (0/1), Ear Piercing Scream (0/1)
| Active Conditions: None

The first to arrive is a tall, olive skinned woman with long black hair, dressed in a multicolored skirt of various hues of red and orange and a close-fitting violet tunic that almost matches her eyes.

After knocking and waiting at the door for a short time she lays a blanket down to the side and sits, organizing the items in her pack. She begins absentmindedly shuffling and laying out patterns of cards in front of her while she waits for entry or for the other agents to arrive.

As the next agent approaches, she stands with a friendly smile and introduces herself as Alina Vladinescu, quickly pocketing her cards.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

"Greetings to all! Andy Applebottom here, storyteller extrodinare. Glad to see everyone." beams a Halfling male in leather armor and wearing a wooden Holy Symbol of Desna.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior Fighter 3 (HP: 28/28 | AC: 21/11/20 | F+8 R+5 W+5* (+1 vs. fear/mind-affecting)| Init +1 | Percep +7 SM +3)

A burly half-orc with a breastplate and a greatsword wanders towards the doorway. He looks hard at Alina laying out cards and shakes his head. "Oh no, a fortune reader. Quick! Put those away before he-"

A shrill whistle cuts through the air. The half-orc sighs. "Too late." He looks up in the air, squinting. He shakes his head and they begins to speak in a bored and mostly monotone voice.

"May I present, Pathfinder legend and extraordinaire, Javon."

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Thrush Sage Familiar (HP: 14/14 | AC: 17/16/15 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Percep +5 SM +2 )

A bird swoops down and lands on the windowsill of Drandle Dreg's house. It stretches its neck and looks around and speaks in a nasally voice. "Did you announce me, Gerald? Like we practiced? I know you're just a porter, but if you can do this, then perhaps you can be a herald instead!"

He looks around and suddenly sees Alina's cards. "Oh a Seer! Good work, Gerald! Now, miss, as you can see, I've had a run a bad events. I'm stuck in this blasted bird's body. I was a well-known and respected Pathfinder until something happened, but I have no idea what it was and without knowing we'll never be able to undo it. My mind is like...like...what is it again, Gerald? The cheese with holes. Mouse cheese, of course, that's it."

"Now, miss, if you can simply tell my fortune and reveal my history and what happened to me, I'm sure it'll be evident how to reverse this and I can be back to normal!" He cocks his head at Alina and then at Andy. "Well, yes, you can help too. 'Cooperate' is one of our tenets, yes?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior Fighter 3 (HP: 28/28 | AC: 21/11/20 | F+8 R+5 W+5* (+1 vs. fear/mind-affecting)| Init +1 | Percep +7 SM +3)

The half-orc buries his face in his hand. "Of course it will work. Just like the eight other times you tried and learned nothing," he mutters.

He sighs. "If you don't mind, miss. He won't shut up about it otherwise. I can pay you. My name is Grax, by the way. Not Gerald."

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 5 | HP 26/38 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+8, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 3/5 | Channel Positive Energy: 6/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 5/5 | Delay Affliction: 0/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

A little gnome with a youthful face and starkly white hair emerges from the Absalom street crowd to approach Dreg's house.

Greetings all. I am Arin. I take it you answered a letter about a Pathfinder mission as well?

As he scans the already present members you note that his demeanor is very peaceful and still, devoid of much expression. While he doesn't smile as he speaks he does tend to put others at ease (at least outside of certain situations...)

After he gives others an opportunity to introduces themselves and notes names with faces, he continues.

I find it interesting that we are meeting at this person's home instead of a society office. I wonder if this job is above board. I have a bit of experience with the Pathfinders, having spent all of my time with a particular traveling group of agents. We've all decided to take an extended break, but I grew tired of sitting idle so I decided to pick up some spare work until they rejoin with me. I'm excited for the unusual occasion make a new batch of acquaintances.

His face does not show it.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/13/17 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | Bombs: 9/10 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Alessio let's the more garrulous folks hold the room. He stands towards the back and takes out his mustache comb to groom for a moment. He is a medium-build with cracked facial features and a bushy mustache. His hands bear the sign of cuts and burns. A number of belt pouches line his waist.

I could use with some 'above board' work. My last mission had me posing as Apsis. I'd rather not have to do that ever again.

Dark Archive

CG Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Cartomancer) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 (T12/FF10) | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30' | CMB +0 | CMD 12 (FF10) | F+1 R+2 W+2 (+ mods)|
Spells:
Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | Cause Fear (0/1), Ear Piercing Scream (0/1)
| Active Conditions: None

After scanning the group and , Alina packs up her blanket and readies her backpack.

I am glad to see that I am with some experienced agents. I am fresh from my clan's caravan and this will be my first foray as a Pathfinder. I hope that I will not slow this group down.

Bowing slightly to Javon, she continues:

Sir, I would be happy to do a reading for you, but I think it might make sense to wait until after we are inside. A full reading might take more time than we currently have, and it will be less accurate if the cards' positioning or my concentration is affected by this wind.

Grand Lodge

Thrush Sage Familiar (HP: 14/14 | AC: 17/16/15 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Percep +5 SM +2 )

"Of course, of course. You need a place to do a proper reading. By all means, we should get on with this business." The bird flaps up to the roof.

"Dreng! What are you doing in there? Let us in!" He hops back down. "We'll be inside soon enough, don't worry."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

From down the street, a man approaches. His svelte form is decked in battered studded leathers and a billowing forest green jacket. A well-made but timeworn Aldori dueling sword hangs at his side, and a satchel is slung across the other. His long, gunmetal-gray hair is pulled back into a tight ponytail, and his long chin is bestubbled with a five-o-clock shadow. One eye has a bag under it; the other may have as well, but it's impossible to say due to the impressive shiner encircling it. He looks haggard, but his posture is straight - almost rigid - and his stride is long and purposeful.

Cabe saunters up to the venture-captain's home, looking about at everyone present. Great first impression, Cabe, he thinks irritably. Last to arrive. Figures.

He clears his throat and mutters, " 'llo."

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

As the introductions occur the clamoring inside continues to grow ever closer to the front-door.

After a few more moments the door is opened and the you are greeted by Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng. The stout and hardy Taldan with thin, graying hair and a thick, bushy mustache, quickly ushers the group inside to his living room where plush chairs and tea is waiting (still steaming making you wonder if he had you waiting so he could make tea).

Choosing not to dispense pleasantries he soon unfurls a
map on his butcher-block table and places a meaty finger on
the parchment.

“The abandoned district of Beldrin’s Bluff was once the gem of Absalom’s Precipice District—now it is but a weathered crag of broken rock at the edge of the roiling sea. The great quake hit ten years ago, entire blocks of the Bluff sheared from the mainland. An elite academy, called the Tri-Towers Yard, remained on the mainland, but sank wholesale into the earth. Children unfortunate enough to survive the quake lay pinned under debris as sewer water slowly rose from the ground and drowned them. Nearly every student perished." he lectures without pausing for breath but he pauses in contemplative thought for the children lost or if to remember his place.

“The Drownyard—er, that’s what the ill-mannered call the school these days—lies behind a fence of black iron pikes, constructed by the families of the dead to discourage morbid trespassers. Even respected archaeological groups have been denied official access. Our own Society has itched to explore the site ever since the quake—that is, ever since we discovered that the school fell through the roof of a lost necropolis. The emotional trauma attached to the school has remained fresh but finally, after ten years of mourning, the politically-connected families of dead students have sanctioned our request.” the concern on his face quickly gives way to a toothy grin and you know the mission is about to be laid out before you!

“I’ve selected your team for the delve. I want you to find a way into the necropolis, document your findings with professional detail, and recover artifacts of historical significance. The Society is interested in one artifact in particular—a two-finger ring topped with a ruby salamander.”

He finally removes his hand from the map so you can get a better look and now stares at each of you expectantly with his smile still on display.

Feel free to ask questions and a picture of your host is within the slides.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/13/17 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | Bombs: 9/10 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Thank you, Master Dreng. This mission screams undead. Any support we can expect from the society? Here or when we arrive? Alessio looks among his gear just to make sure he has what he thinks he needs.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 5 | HP 26/38 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+8, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 3/5 | Channel Positive Energy: 6/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 5/5 | Delay Affliction: 0/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Given the narrative, it appears that this is supposed to precede School of Spirits and be the society's first delve. So I'll ignore that Arin has done that separate mission here and not reference it to keep the desired timeline :)

Greetings Venture-Captain! Firstly, give how long it has taken those associated with the school to allow us in, do they have any particular interest in the investigation? I would imagine they might either as part of concluding their mourning process or at least in exchange for the rights they are granting. Secondly, since it sounds like a good part of the school was submerged during that earthquake, will we need to explore any such submerged spaces? If so, will we be provided with safe means of doing so?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe gives the venture-captain a curt nod as he enters, and accepts the tea with a barely-audible thanks. He drops in a spoonful of honey and stirs it absently as he glances over the map Dreng has provided. He's more used to open battlefields than tight corridors, but he's fairly confident he can manage. The others, though, who knows? They're complete strangers. They could be battle-hardened veterans or complete greenhorns. Time will tell. And then there is Dreng's mention of a necropolis. "Necropolis" nearly always translates to "undead," something he has little experience with.

Well, there was that thing with Pharris... He stamps down the memory before the sharp knife of nostalgia can cut too deeply.

"I'm with the gnome," he says, his voice reedy and thin. "Scaling a cliff-side and swimming among the tidewaters are not tasks I'm keen to do if we have another option."

Grand Lodge

Thrush Sage Familiar (HP: 14/14 | AC: 17/16/15 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Percep +5 SM +2 )

"Oh, yes, I remember the tragedy. At least, I think I do. A real shame. Lots of families pointed fingers at everyone." Javon is perched on the back of a chair. "The Drownyard, eh? Well, that's clever."

"I can handle cliffs, though Gerald might have more issues. Swimming is right out. I'll not undignify myself like that. Gerald, remind me to look into how to help you fly. It really is useful." A grunt from the half-orc is all the response the bird gets. "Now, what about this ring? Is it magic or does it have some value?"

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Drandle takes a moment for the questions to come all pour forth before answering.

"This generation and all their questions! Firstly the support...it is here somewhere...ah yes here is your support! I leave you the key to the Drownyard's gate. Remember, the it is a deeply personal site for many powerful Inner Sea families. You will tread upon the graves of their children. Be sure to give the site the respect it deserves. Those families may provide some support of their own should you reach out to them." he says handing Alessio the old iron key.

After the meeting appropriate rolls could help you locate them.

"As far as we can tell there will be no diving necessary, cliff or otherwise. Most of Beldrin's Bluff fell into the sea but the Tri-Towers Academy merely fell into the necropolis below it. The texts we have on it are rather vague and the location itself was unknown, till now. As you will be the first to visit from the Society what you will encounter is unknown." he says clearing up the fears of being submerged or descending the cliff by pointing out on the map which portions fell completely and the others that did not.

"Ah yes the familiar that spooked me! I thought I was hearing something or they sent me a adventuring group full of Vanara again! The ring, yes, a ruby salamander ring that belonged to a young cat burglar named Horastian in ancient times. He became a renowned information broker and art collector. The Society hopes to magically locate the long-dead thief and his fabled hoard by using the ring as a divination focus. Exciting, no?” Dreng replies to the birds questions.

If no questions remain you have the ability to seek out more information, buy any last minute items, or head directly to the Drownyards (If the group so chooses). If Alina has any questions she can still ask the of Drandle Dreng or even do her Harrow readings!

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy says "Hmm..let's see what I can remember that might help us..."

Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Andy shares anything he might learn with the group.

Dark Archive

CG Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Cartomancer) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 (T12/FF10) | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30' | CMB +0 | CMD 12 (FF10) | F+1 R+2 W+2 (+ mods)|
Spells:
Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | Cause Fear (0/1), Ear Piercing Scream (0/1)
| Active Conditions: None

"It seems the group has already brought up any concerns that I had, but I might be able to remember something about the school or necropolis in this area we're now calling the 'Drownyard'"

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Alina will also share any information she has.

"Javon, I also now have time to do your reading. Would you like to do it in private or are you ok with the group hearing? Additionally, if the group or anyone else would like to utilize my experience with the cards, simply let me know. If we're going to be working together the least I can do is read for no charge."

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Andy Applebottom knows exactly the right people and has gathered information through his travels in this area. Namely, the prestigious family Dacilane lost a daughter in the catastrophe. Lady Miranda Dacilane however has connections as well and soon after discussing the matters with the group a page dressed in nearly-royal livery arrived for Andy.

"Sir Applebottom, please take this letter and read it promptly! My Lady Dacilane would be quite upset if I did not deliver it properly." says the halfling page with a professional tone and deep bow. He leaves shortly after not giving time for questions, such as where the estate is. Luckily Alina knows the nobles rarely ever move and can point the group to the estate.

Letter is on the handout slide.

I will let the group discuss their next move and possibly shop for some finery for tomorrow night's dinner!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe frowns and double-checks the map. "Ah. Yes, I see what you mean now. That's fine. Mayhap there will be some submerged tunnels, but that's a far cry easier than tidewaters."

Cabe isn't as familiar with the noble families of Absalom as his own noble houses of Brevoy, but he tries to recall as best he can about the local nobility.

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Cabe will also share any gleaned info with the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/13/17 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | Bombs: 9/10 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Alessio's knowledge is more academic than the rest and can't offer much in the world of who-knows-who. We should be ready for a swim, nonetheless. Indeed also we should secure a few items to deal with the dead.

Alessio looks for some potions, Haunt Siphons, and things of the like.

Purchasing the following:
Oil of Air Bubble
Potion of Touch of the Sea
will hold off on buying a Haunt Siphon until we exhaust support from the families.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Between hearing the name and seeing the livery of the poage Cabe can tell the Dacilane family is one of Chelish descent.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe tries to hide his distaste and only partially succeeds. "Mmph. Cheliax. Does the invitation request all of us, or just you, Sir Applebottom?"

He certainly has no love for those who truck with fiends, but he's not willing to risk pissing off a noble - especially one who has lost a child. Devil worshipper or not, Cabe has no wish to pour salt on that wound. You'll just have to suck it up and behave yourself, old boy, he thinks wryly.

Grand Lodge

Thrush Sage Familiar (HP: 14/14 | AC: 17/16/15 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Percep +5 SM +2 )

Javon bows to Alina. "I would be honored to have the reading done here with everyone." He looks to Drandle Dreng. "You don't mind, do you Dreng? Just a few minutes for an old friend."

Javon then lands on Andy's head and leans over to read the letter in his hands. "It appears to be all of us. Gerald! We shall need to get you appropriate attire. Perhaps a coat with tails? Or tribal garb to reflect your heritage?"

He pokes his head up and looks at the others. "We must be on our best behavior and earn their graces. Remember, we will be exploring their children's graves!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior Fighter 3 (HP: 28/28 | AC: 21/11/20 | F+8 R+5 W+5* (+1 vs. fear/mind-affecting)| Init +1 | Percep +7 SM +3)

Grax shakes his head. "Sending us to find their children's remains should not be an occasion for finery."

"I'm not wearing tails and certainly no silly approximation of Orc garb. I would be the laughing stock of the party, Javon!" The half-orc rolls his eyes. "If we must go, you're paying for something more distinguished."

He turns to Alina. "Miss, it seems we need to go shopping. Can you make this reading quick?" It's clear he doesn't expect anything to come of it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe rubs his eyes with his thumb and forefinger. He burned his captain's uniform over a decade ago, and had no cause to regret it before now. Well, there's nothing to be done about it now.

"Very well. But I have no finery. Rude or not, I am afraid they will have to settle for my current clothing being laundered. That's about all I can afford." He pauses to glance into his coin purse, then scowls. "Maybe."

With a heavy but inaudible sigh, he finishes the last of his tea and settles by the door, waiting for the others to be ready. He does spare the occasional curious glance at Alina and her harrow deck; he's never seen a reading before.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Cartomancer) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 (T12/FF10) | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30' | CMB +0 | CMD 12 (FF10) | F+1 R+2 W+2 (+ mods)|
Spells:
Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | Cause Fear (0/1), Ear Piercing Scream (0/1)
| Active Conditions: None

Alina quickly sets up her table, shuffles her cards and has Javon "cut" the deck. (As a thrush, he can't do a true cut so she has him help her decide where to make the cut herself).

Laying out the cards in a 3x3 pattern, she begins to talk her way through the cards:

For a traditional reading like this, we use a 3x3 spread. The three cards on the left pertain to the past, the three in the center are the present, and the three on the right are the future as it pertains to your question. Additionally the top row should be read in a positive light and the bottom in a negative light, with the center row being more ambiguous.

As you mentioned, you are interested in finding out how you became stuck in your current form so that you may hopefully rectify the situation. Let's see what the cards say.

In the past, from top to bottom we have The Carnival, The Marriage, and The Wanderer. Each card has an alignment as does each position in the spread, and any cards that match their position take precedence in each section of the reading. In this case, The Marriage is the only true match out of all of these nine cards and therefore the most important. To reinforce this, the other two past cards are not matches at all.

The Marriage denotes a union between two entities or forces that creates a permanent change, bringing forth new power. I can only assume that this is in reference to your union with Grax. Unfortunately it does normally involve a PERMANENT change which does not bode well, but we shall see what the present and future bring.

Moving to the cards in the center row, from top to bottom we have The Locksmith, The Trumpet, and The Keep. All of these are partial matches so none take precedence. The Locksmith seems to say that you are currently presented the keys needed to unlock your destiny, the Trumpet simply pertains to a show of strong force, and the Keep symbolizes a strength that stands firm through the ages. In terms of your question these together seem to say that although you have a strong force of will to change your situation, you are facing an almost unbeatable force, and you need to figure out how to apply this to your destiny.

In the future row we have The Hidden Truth, The Survivor, and The Inquisitor. The only partial match here is the Hidden Truth, which implies you need to look past the obvious and any banal desires to come to a greater and less obvious truth about yourself.

All in all I don't think you'll like my interpretation. The cards seem to be saying that whatever changes happened when you and Grax came together are permanent but beneficial, that no matter your effort you will not be able to affect a change to this situation, and that you need to learn to come to terms with and accept the truth of the matter. I apologize if this upsets you sir, but it is what the cards say."

Dark Archive

CG Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Cartomancer) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 (T12/FF10) | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30' | CMB +0 | CMD 12 (FF10) | F+1 R+2 W+2 (+ mods)|
Spells:
Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | Cause Fear (0/1), Ear Piercing Scream (0/1)
| Active Conditions: None

Quietly packing up her cards, Alina addresses Grax.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. Please continue about your necessary business and I shall see you tomorrow. I'm off to purchase some more suitable clothes for this dinner than these travel stained rags I'm wearing now. True noble finery does not work well on my but perhaps I can find something.

Purchasing:
Courtesan's Outfit
Perfume
Oil of Air Bubble

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/13/17 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | Bombs: 9/10 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Alessio ponders what "finery" he would need for the event. Perhaps there are magical options for this.

Alessio would also like to purchase the Sleeves of Many Garments with 1PP.

Grand Lodge

Thrush Sage Familiar (HP: 14/14 | AC: 17/16/15 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Percep +5 SM +2 )

Javon hops about and shouts in surprise and keen interest every time Alina reveals a card. "Oh, my! Ohhhh! Interesting! Veeery interesting. Oh... See that, Gerald?! Hmmm.... Oh, quite right, miss. I see...."

When she is done, Javon hops back and forth in front of the cards, checking the results. "Gerald, I believe she has it! She is a true seer! Hmm... Except you and I met after the incident. I do remember that. You were being sulky. No, no, wait! Perhaps the Marriage means the merger of my true self and this bird body. Yes, yes! Or perhaps it is whatever entity did this to me! Gerald, could there have been another soul there? We must find this entity! It will know how to fix this! Hmm, unbeatable force, you say. Look beyond my current self? That must be right! Only in fulfilling my destiny in this form can I return to my former self. Perhaps this entity is testing me, Gerald! It is looking for inner power! Oh, we must learn about this spiritual test! I..." The bird continues babbling about the reading.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 5 | HP 26/38 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+8, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 3/5 | Channel Positive Energy: 6/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 5/5 | Delay Affliction: 0/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

The gnome nods simply at the suggestion to pay the site the proper respect.

So, it's to be a banquet. Thankfully I had to put together an outfit for a similar occasion within the last year. Rather, I was dragged along as someone else put it together for me.

You detect the closest expression to a shudder he can express as he finishes his sentence.

He watches the card reading with silent fascination. As Alina departs to buy fine clothing he walks alongside her to chat a bit.

Alina, if you don't mind I'm curious about your readings. What grants you the ability to do readings with the cards? Is it simple intuition? A divine patron? Or something else?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior Fighter 3 (HP: 28/28 | AC: 21/11/20 | F+8 R+5 W+5* (+1 vs. fear/mind-affecting)| Init +1 | Percep +7 SM +3)

Grax holds his head in his hand and sighs. "Miss Alina, he's going to be about this for days...But thank you, you're the first who has ever been able to see anything about him."

"Now, we'd best be off to find something suitable for the party. We shall meet you there." Grax grabs Javon and tucks the still-babbling bird into his shirt. Despite the half-orc's large hands, he handles the bird with supreme delicacy. He nods to each of you and sets off for the marketplace.

Grax buys a courtier's outfit for himself and a painted birdcage for Javon, who refers to it as his chariot. He also buys an Oil of Air Bubble and a Potion of Touch of the Sea.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

"If anyone needs, I would be willing to purchase a suitable outfit for dinner. Which reminds me, I need to get one for myself."

Purchase Noble outfit(75 GP) and Holy Water(2)(50GP)

Dark Archive

CG Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Cartomancer) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 (T12/FF10) | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30' | CMB +0 | CMD 12 (FF10) | F+1 R+2 W+2 (+ mods)|
Spells:
Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | Cause Fear (0/1), Ear Piercing Scream (0/1)
| Active Conditions: None

"To answer your question Arin, traditionally the "magic" is not in the reader but in the cards themselves. My people have just been reading them for so long that we have learned how best to interpret what they are saying. Each clan and each caravan has a harrower who passes their knowledge down through their family line. Sometimes there comes someone from a non-harrowing line who can do it naturally as well.

My case is different. When my grandsire passed, his deck was given to me as his apprentice and heir. I've always been able to do readings with standard harrow decks, but when I received his I began to be able to do more. It seems that I can use the deck to also change fortunes of friend and foe. It's almost like this particular deck is a patron of sorts for me. I joined the Society in hope that I will be able to harness these new abilities in order to do more than just divining."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/13/17 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | Bombs: 9/10 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness
Alessio Imeroni wrote:

Alessio ponders what "finery" he would need for the event. Perhaps there are magical options for this.

Alessio would also like to purchase the Sleeves of Many Garments with 1PP.

Sorry that's 200gp. so i'll pay the gold for it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 5 | HP 26/38 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+8, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 3/5 | Channel Positive Energy: 6/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 5/5 | Delay Affliction: 0/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Fascinating. Is it possible that the patron is your grandsire?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

Cabe scratches his chin, contemplating the halfling's offer. "Very well. I'll take you up on that offer, thank you. But I insist on paying you back at the first opportunity. I don't need charity, just a loan. And a frilly suit." He can't stop himself from making a face at the thought.

He watches the reading with sharp eyes, trying to reason out how Alina came to particular interpretations. He thinks maybe he can follow it, but is certain he'd have to watch more readings before he could be sure. He nods at Arin's comment. "Ancestral magic. Potent stuff."

Dark Archive

CG Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Cartomancer) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 (T12/FF10) | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30' | CMB +0 | CMD 12 (FF10) | F+1 R+2 W+2 (+ mods)|
Spells:
Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | Cause Fear (0/1), Ear Piercing Scream (0/1)
| Active Conditions: None

"I don't feel my nagypapa himself in the cards, so I don't think so." Absentmindedly playing with the cards, she continues. "There are spirits of the Harrow. They are the ones that influence the placement and choice, we normally just interpret. This deck has been used for many generations and has a stronger connection to them, so if there is anything similar to a 'patron' then it would be the Harrow itself."

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

With the group in their finery or attire of choice you all arrive at the estate with the guidance of Alina not that it would be hard to find with how vast the estate is. The Dacilane grounds are encircled by an ornate wrought-iron gate that makes the extravagant landscaping still visible. Fountains, statues, and hedge mazes are spread about making one wonder how many workers it takes to maintain them. The elaborate main gate is decorated in the family colors and has attendants escort guests. The page from before eagerly waves to you and ushers you in.

"Our Lady asked me to wait for you. She was sure you would choose to attend and is never wrong! Please come in and make yourselves at home. Refreshments aplenty over here and the guests are gathering in the main hall over here." he says leading you through the entrance where you notice no expense was too high for the gilded furnishings, Chelish rugs, and famous artwork.

Once in the hall the dinner moves quickly through the 10-course meal but as it nears the end Lady Dacilane finally speaks of her family and how grateful she is to have so many gathered in memory of those lost. Her grief seems quite real despite the lavish circumstances.

“My daughter Junia was one of so many children lost. Hundreds of them pinned under the rubble in that sinkhole. The black water rising—the kids screaming.” She quiets for a moment. “None of us could get to them but the Pathfinder Society has offered to help us find some peace by investigating the matter. The team responsible is in attendance tonight and I would like to raise a toast to them.”

After the meal concludes she retires to her private room where the page offers to take you for a private conversation away from the bustle.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/13/17 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | Bombs: 9/10 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Alessio uses his new magic clothes to resemble a fashionable but conservative style. He is not one for show.

Alessio will enjoy a glass of wine but not much more. He eats the meal by the group sitting next to anyone who will accept the company.

He raises his glass in response to the toast towards the end of the evening and finishes his lone glass of wine. He dabs his mouth with the fine napkin provided and stands to follow the group to the private quarters.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior Fighter 3 (HP: 28/28 | AC: 21/11/20 | F+8 R+5 W+5* (+1 vs. fear/mind-affecting)| Init +1 | Percep +7 SM +3)

Grax eats quietly for most of the meal, smiling and nodding at the discussion. He seems uncomfortable in the fine coat and shirt. He tries to keep Javon in check most of the night. The bright blue bird cage is placed at the place next to Grax at his request. The bird tries to make conversation, but Grax stops him as soon as he seems to babble down one of his rabbit holes.

After the meal, he carries the bird cage into Lady Dacilane's private room. "Lady Dacilane, thank you for inviting us. I hope we didn't embarrass you in there."

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy joins the rest in the private room.."Thank you for the invitation and kind words, Lady Dacilane. How may the Pathfinder Society serve you?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Magus (Kensai) 2
Combat Statistics:
[HP 14/15] [Init +3 | Per +0] [AC 16 | T 15 | FF 11] [CMB +1 | CMD 15] [F+3 | R+3 | W+3]
Resources and Conditions:
[Arcane Pool 4/6] [Personal Consumables: Scroll of shield 0/5] [Active Conditions: Enhanced Sword 10/10 rds]
Spells:
[0-lvl Spells Prepped: Detect Magic | Light | Spark] [1st Level Prepped: Magic Missile 1/1 | Shocking Grasp 1/1]

The stifling banality of the formal banquet is all too familiar to Cabe, though he hasn't had to suffer one in decades. Not wanting to insult their hostess, he maintains formalities, answering questions politely but not fostering any conversation. He takes a few bites of the first meat dish presented, but otherwise sticks to vegetables and broths, avoiding breads or pastas entirely when possible and taking a few polite bites when not.

He hesitates seeing the others head to Lady Junia's private chambers before following. Upon entering, he gives a low bow, but says only, "M'lady."

Dark Archive

CG Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Cartomancer) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 (T12/FF10) | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30' | CMB +0 | CMD 12 (FF10) | F+1 R+2 W+2 (+ mods)|
Spells:
Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | Cause Fear (0/1), Ear Piercing Scream (0/1)
| Active Conditions: None

Alina chats politely throughout the dinner, having some experience dealing with the nobility of many regions. After the meal is complete she enters Lady Dacilane's private room.

"My lady, thank you so much for your gracious invitation and that wonderful meal. I hope that our investigation can help you find some closure in the horrible situation that your daughter and her classmates had to endure. Is there any specific way that we can assist you?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 5 | HP 26/38 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+8, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 3/5 | Channel Positive Energy: 6/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 5/5 | Delay Affliction: 0/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Arin silently enjoys his meal, sitting near Alina and Alessio. Although the food is finer that what he should be used to, he eats minimally for sustenance.

When invited back to the lady's private room... That was a lovely speech at the banquet. Thank you for having us. How may the Pathfinder Society assist you.

Diplomacy, aid Andy, DC10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/13/17 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | Bombs: 9/10 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Alessio notes his own rudeness, Yes, m'lady. Thank you very much for the invitation. We await your orders.

diplo aid Andy: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Lady Dacilane welcomes the Pathfinders with an look of forced politeness which becomes further strained at the sight of a halfling. The other non-humans do it no such favor but she retains most of her composure.

"Oh my, how well spoken for Pathfinder Agents of your status! They have surely spared us no expense in sending qualified agents..." she says without any skill in bluff to hide her distaste however she recognizes you are truly there to help so she finally stands and moves over to a large painting above her fireplace.

This painting is one of her daughter, Junia. A girl with rigid, sharp-features and long black hair that matches Lady Dacilane.

"Please, do everything you can to find out what happened to her. There...there is a corridor Junia talked about where children would go to tell ghost stories. Mind you, my daughter would never do such a thing and was merely talking about lesser children." she adds giving as much detail as she could remember about it being beneath the school. She sadly cannot offer much more information but ensures the a small donation will be provided to The Society should you succeed.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

"We will be honored to assist you in this manner, Lady Dacilane."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

1 to 50 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VII][Session 1] GM Eclipse's Black Waters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.