OMB's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Tactics maps


2,451 to 2,500 of 3,959 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

A lot of it was the dungeon-crawl nature of it. They make for long PbP. And it was packed with low-level baddies that took forwever to carve through!

Heading back to Whispershade, you catch up with some of the freed slaves. Some are returning to themselves, clearly dealing with the trauma they endured, but some... some never will. Whispershade takes one look at you and them, and begins summoning aid in the form of townsfolk who seem sympathetic to the cause. He breaks them into smaller groups based on how traumatized they are, and sends them off. "I am grateful to you for rescuing these poor souls. Now tell me of Othine." He listens to your tale, his face falling. "It is not unusual for captured agents to be tortured into aiding these fiends. They specialize in such things. However the maps and information you found, as well as the cultists you slew, will cripple their network here and allow us to strike at them elsewhere. You have take a huge step for freedom today! Let us honor Othine's memory with a toast and a moment of silence." He agrees to take the dead cultist leader's ashes and have them consecrated and offers you passage back to Absalom as soon as you are ready.

There is the matter of Hoshiko and Mikail. They need a Remove Curse to end the effect on them. Hoshiko could continue to adventure, but Mikail has to be uncursed or he can no longer play in Society. It costs 1 PP or 420 gold to pay for the service, since you need a Caster Level of 14 to insure it works. What would you like to do?

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Sorry to be busy as we wrapped up. I agree, the dungeon crawl nature of this made it take a while. That said, I had a lot of fun with you all!

Fera would happily contribute to any costs needed to restore his friend Mika.

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Dual-cursed Life Oracle 6 HP 51/51 | DR 3 AC 24* (+2 vs evil) T 10* FF 24* CMD 17* | F+5 (+2 vs poison) R+3 W+6 (+2 vs mind) | Init +0 | Perc+12 | Conc+12 | Channel 5/5

Zolarus will use the prestige of his affiliations to pay for the removal the curse of Hoshio and Mikail.(2 PP)

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

But.. Mikail doesn't know he's cursed.. hehehe

Mikail follows the rest of the team out of the dungeons and back to Whispershade. He is gleefully counting up the scavenged gold and jewels while the others deal with the slaves and such. It mattered to Mikail.. once. Now, he can't seem to find a reason to anymore. He knows he should.. but he doesn't. Putting it out of mind, he returns to his own musing. He's got enough here to afford quite a comfortable life; maybe he should use it. He is just reaching the point in his thoughts where he is beginning to wonder why he is stuck with these do-gooders when a hush comes over the room and an uncomfortable feeling of being watched settles over the kitsune. Looking up, he sees Zolarus and Ferabras looming over him, stern of face and strong of arm.

The following conversation does not go well for the young kitsune. He brushes off their friendly attempts to convince him something is wrong, something has changed.. but he kind of likes the new attitude and outlook! When begging and pleading fall upon deaf ears, and teasing and cajoling will not get Mikail into a temple, Zolarus and Ferabras look to each other in exasperation and finality. With a sudden lunge, the two men try to grab Mikail by the arms.
Break Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

With a giggle and an insult, the lupine thief dances between the two bigger Pathfinders and across the room. By this time, Soran joins the party, trying to help hem Mikail in.
Break Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

It almost seems like trying to catch a greased pig.. and did he really just dance across the ceiling?!?!
Break Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Hoshiko joins in on the fun, jumping at the acrobatic little fox man as he dances across the heads of the others. They are doing their absolute best not to hurt Mikail, but he is sorely trying their patience.
Break Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Finally, utterly and completely fed up, Ferabras roars from across the room. "MIKAIL!!! ENOUGH!!!"
The horrible drill field shout from the normally mild mannered Teifling whips Mikails head around and freezes his feet for just a moment.. but thats all it takes.
Break Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
For the love of god, why can't I roll like this when it freaking counts???

Mikails pained "OOOOF" is almost completely muffled under the several hundred pounds of rather annoyed and exasperated Pathfinders as they pile on top of him with lunges, tackles, and body flops. He is dragged bodily from beneath the pile, where he is then dragged off to the nearest temple.

A couple of hours later, he emerges from the temple doors to find his friends waiting, lounging around the fountain in the courtyard. His ears hang low, his shoulders are slumped, and his bushy tails drag across the immaculate marble floors behind him. As he blinks the brightness away and sees his friends getting up to welcome him, tears take away his vision once more. He stops dead in surprise, rubbing his eyes clear before looking again. Looking over his friends, his quavering voice calls out "You.. you didn't leave? But.. I was.. You didn't deserve.." Words fail him as he dashes forward, barreling into the rest of the party at full speed.

Eventually, Mikail regains control of himself. "I'm so sorry.. I don't know what came over me!! But I was such an ass, and I am so very sorry to each of you!!!"

More than willing to pay for my spell casting, but I am thankful for the offers. Sorry for the long post, but I couldn't resist, and its been a while since Mikail showed some personality!


Nice! Okay, I will work on Chronicles, but in the meantime, what next? Do you want to continue adventuring together or go your separate ways?

Also, dayjobs?

And if we continue, do we want to recruit a replacement for Soran?
I feel he's probably not coming back anytime soon, unfortunately.
I do hope he's well, but...

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Moving to discussion to answer you..

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Pharasmin spiral dot

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Dotting in! Super excited, but I am going to need to get this character updated (as per usual, I have neglected to purchase any gear and... Yeah. I'm terrible. I'll be working on that this evening, after my family and I come back from the movies.


No worries. I expect things to be slow during the holidays, then pick up after the first of the year and rapidly get back to a normal pace.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Hello!" a cheery halfling greets you all, holding out a platter of cakes. "I am Garret"


No news from Paizo about switching me over officially to GM, so we'll head on as did before. Let's get Hook'd!

It's been two weeks since your return from the desert city and so far you've been given a brief respite in Absalom. You have time to relax, take in the sights and catch up with old colleagues and friends and you have to say, it's been nice. But then a messenger hammers your door at an ungodly hour before dawn, bringing word that you're summoned to Venture Captain Drendle Dreng's... bar table?

Sure enough the summons is to a pre-dawn meeting at a bar called the Lusty Lamprey, a truly dirty dive bar in the Puddles district. Dreng is holding court over a corner booth, telling a tall-tale to a couple of bleary-eyed bar maids and a halfling wearing a jester's motley. "Turns out the sewer-beast loved HATS! Made me try them on for him for three days before I could escape. I will never look upon a pillbox hat in the same way, I tell you!" He roars with laughter as the maids and the halfling cackle along, till he spots you and sends them off.

"Sit, sit! The food here is terrible but the drink is worse! Who knew you could ruin stew? The cook here can! But, you're probably wondering why I called you all here. Well, I have an assignment for you, one I think you might find of interest. I have word from a contact in Korvosa that a Pathfinder agent named Harvus Smoot hasn't checked in in over three weeks. Normally, not a big deal, but Smoot was researching something for me personally, a rumor I heard recently about a cult that created some sort of shared dream drug, that allows people to enter each other's dreams. He was tracking down the drug, sending back progress reports, then he went silent. I want you to head to Korvosa, track him down and if he's well, aid him, and if he's not, well... I need to find out what's up. Any questions?" He asks brightly.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

A somewhat frightening figure walks into the Lusty Lamprey, pausing at the doorway to give those present a moment to adjust to his appearance, and to see if anyone is rash enough to want to fight him because of it. He's well aware that he looks as much demon as human, and that has caused trouble many times in his life. Though he’s built much like a normal man, his crimson skin is criss-crossed with dark scars and strange, slender horns protrude from the top of his head. He keeps his sinuous, barbed tail tucked self-consciously close to his back, and his hands seem to move constantly, as he balls them into fists to hide his long, black claws, then opens them again for fear that he looks threatening standing there with his fists clenched. He wears a suit of beautifully crafted plate and over each of his broad shoulders protrudes the hilt of a greatsword, one black iron and one cold steel.

Hearing the well-known cackle of Drendle Dreng, the figure makes his way over to the corner of the bar and notes that he's the first arrival. I wonder who'll be assigned to work with me, and whether there'll be some...adjustment. Would be good to see Soran or Mika walk through that door.

He waits for a pause in Dreng's monologue before introducing himself, "I am Ferabras. I have spent much of my career as a Pathfinder rooting out evil cults, and dreams seem a safe enough pursuit compared to birthing monsters to safeguard a slave ring. Why does the Society care about what people do in their dreams?"

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

A shapely Varisian woman joins the assembled Pathfinders, verging on tardiness. "Good to meet you giorgo mae. I am Kharnia of the Doherni clan" she says with a smile, her Taldane heavily accented. "Maybe the Society doesn't care, but someone the Society likes very much cares. Think beyond what you see and the curtain's seams will show, nao ker?"


Dreng grins. "Precisely! If the Society could access the dreams of mortals, think what wonders we could discover there! A whole new world, perhaps many worlds, open to us! It would be a great boon to discovery!" Dreng seems to vibrate with excitement, though he also smells strongly of fortified wine.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Following Ferabras in is a quite pale-skinned woman dressed in the sober gray robes of a Pharasmin. The carved wooden symbol of Pharasma that hangs around her neck is an even greater clue as to her likely faith. After the tiefling's possibly frightening appearance, she is barely noticeable, with her eyes lowered to the floor and head slightly bowed, weaving between the tables without a care to the tavern's disreputable appearance or the puddles of stale ale on the floor (other than to hold the hem of her robes up out of them).

She gives Ferabras a measured nod when she joins him and Dreng in the booth, and gives the Varisian Kharnia an equally measured nod when the colorful woman arrives. At close inspection, the pale woman might have a touch of the otherworldly to her as well: the eyes that lift to regard Dreng at his briefing are a pupilless white, like they had been filled with morning mist.

She does not smile during the briefing, but listens soberly to the questions of Kharnia and Ferebras alike.

"What does Harvus Smoot look like?" she asks after they have spoken. "Where was he lodged, and what information do you have of his last whereabouts investigating this cult? What else do we know of this cult? The very word implies religious belief. Are they in the service of any known deity or demon? Does this drug have any other known effects?"

Zora's questions are delivered with an unblinking intensity, though she doesn't raise her voice. After a beat, she seems to remember she has not introduced herself to her fellow agents.

"--I am Zora Draznoi. A servant of the Lady of Graves. It is my duty to ensure none of you meet her before your time. Well met, Kharnia, Ferabras."

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

SHHHHH!!!:
Disguise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

DC 24 Perception:
The young man before you is actually not a man at all.. but a many tailed Kitsune. No fewer than 3 enormously fluffy and well maintained tails hide beneath the cloak, and despite the his obvious attempts to remain incognito, you are able to recognize his vulpine features and tawny fur beneath his disguise.

Mikail reaches the outside of the bar, and sniffs cautiously. He has had to learn quite a bit of that of late.. and caution was a very hard lesson to teach to the carefree spirit. He pulls his cloak tighter, hoping to hide the odd gesture. Most people don't just walk around sniffing the air, much less in such a rancid place as the Puddles. He quickly stifles a gag and a sneezing fit and wends his way through the crowd, almost invisible. People choose to see what they want to see.." he reminds himself.. wondering how this new mission was going to go and who would appear for it. He had been with the same group for so long he felt they had become fast friends.. but some of those friends seem to have slipped away either in the previous months or suddenly after the last mission.

Stepping into the room, his heart lightens immensely as he catches sight of Ferabras doing his best to blend in.. and utterly failing. It has been a long couple of weeks of soul searching and atonement, but it seems that old habits die hard.
Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Slight of hand: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 hehehe sorry, mate!

Suddenly, a young boy appears on the opposite side of the group as where Ferabras stands, seemingly having melted out of the solid wall. he glances over the group of strangers, and upon resting on Dreng, he gains a bit of a weary and wary expression. Turning back to the tiefling, the young man says "Fera!!" a huge smile lifting his face. "I was so worried after everyone left!! This won't be that bad, if we're together, right?!"

He turns his attentions to Dreng and with a growing dread, he listens to the briefing. "But.. No one has any business in others dreams, Venture Captain.. I will go search for this Pathfinder, because that's only right. We have to protect each other. But if its up to me, this will be destroyed before its brought back for anyone else to use either!"

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras scratches his head in mild confusion at Karnhia's statement, but opts to wait until more questions have been answered, in the hopes he'll understand things better after that. He greets each of the new arrivals, in polite but fairly reserved fashion, and is pleased to hear Zora's many questions, in the hopes of clarifying answers to them.

As Mikail suddenly appears out of nowhere, Ferabras' reserved air vanishes and he leaps up from the table, roaring out, "Mika!" His mouth splits into a wide grin, revealing black teeth that glitter like jagged obsidian. His fearsome appearance and strange cry cause more than a few hands to move to hilts in the Lamprey, until the patrons realize that this is two old friends greeting each other, rather than some demon-spawn calling on an otherworldly power to aid him. "I did so hope I'd see you! If we're together, all will be right with the world!"

He gestures to the others assembled, waving a clawed hand, its nails black as old blood, and saying happily, "This is Mika, the cleverest little fellow you'll meet!"

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia jumps, startled and surprised at the outburst given the rather sober, even dour behavior of her companions thus far. "I... Gather you've all met before, nao ker?" She shifts back into her chair, her surprise quickly replaced by a distinct air of discomfort. I hope I'm not here to be the fifth wheel of the caravan...

The sound of tiny wings flapping approaches Dreng's table, and the fabric on Kharnia's left shoulder folds and shifts. "Whispering wonders, who are these wild wanderers you have wound up with K?" says a chipper voice. The Varisian woman lifts her right hand to a spot in mid-air and begins stroking. "Dragul mina, these are the agents I will be helping as they will help me. Everyone, may I introduce Riddywhipple of the codruu Sanos?" she asks coyly as the veils of illusion part, and a azure fairy dragon appears on Kharnia's shoulder, cocking his head from Mikail to Ferabras to Zora. "It is decidedly delightful to be in the company of such dashing and devilishly daring adventurers!" he squeaks excidedly.

"Are we expecting others?" asks Kharnia in a more matter-of-fact tone, looking at Dreng and the others.

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Mikail almost blushes at Ferabras warm greeting, and despite the still haunted look in his eyes, the grin stays firmly in place as he turns to Kharnia. "Ferabras and I have been traveling together for quite a while now! There were more of us.. but they seem to have wandered off here and there. Its been really intense at times, but we've always managed to pull through. There were several others that were with us for quite a while too.. but I guess they have decided to go their own ways." Mikail pauses sadly, thinking of the friendships that were formed for a moment before brightening up again. "That's not to say that new friends are any worse than old ones. I look forward to getting to know you and your little friend there! I don't know if anyone else is coming.." he trails off in answer to her question.

His happy grin turns just a touch mischievous as he turns back to Ferabras and pulls something from behind his back. "This is a really nice belt!! Excellent workmanship, and sure to add an extra oomph in a fight... and found just lying about!!" The item he displays for all to see is a very well crafted thick leather affair, decorated with huge metal buckles. "I mean.. I would love to have something like this, but this one is too big for me.. Looks more your size, Fera!"

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

A halfling in sensible traveling outfit enters the Lusty Lamprey. He coughs once and seems to be disgusted by the smell. He looks around for a bit and then his eyes focus on Dreng and the pathfinders. He quickly moves over, far quicker than you would expect from a halfling actually.

"Mister Dreng, here I am at your service." his eyes focus on the half-eaten meal on the table and his face pales "Don't tell me you have ordered food here! Everyone knows this cook isn't worthy of the name!".

He shakes his head and looks at the others "Hello, I am Garret. Cook and explorer.". The halfling's eyes seems to linger a bit when they reach Mikael "It will be interesting to work with you all"

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"A cook? You are in luck, for I am a culinary connoisseur of the highest quality!" exclaims Riddywhipple, as Kharniarolls her eyes mirthfully, stroking him under the chin. "Riddywhipple is afflicted with vorbeste mula, I think you call it the "gift of gab". He might also try to prank you, as is his soartă to do so. Tell me if that does not suit you, and I'll try to dissuade him giorgo."


Dreng nods and smiles as the introductions and old friends are met and greeted. He smiles broadly, then pulls out a slightly damp scroll of parchment, handing it to Zora. "This is Smoot's last known residence, as well as the details of his appearance, quirks and behavior. Good man, Smoot. Dependable. Smart. Smelled a bit like strawberries. Hmmm. As for the drug, he was having trouble getting a sample. Seemed like the community was insular, not open to outsiders. He seemed hopeful in his last letter, then..." He makes a who knows sort of gesture with his hands. "Nothing. But yes, he seemed to think the drug was being used to commune with something or someone in the dream. Seemed religious. Best to send a cleric to investigate, eh!" He grins broadly. "Anything else?"

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Riddywhipple! Didn't you recognize me? You know, we met in the forest and you we said we would be friends forever after I baked you those nice cookies. I can certainly bake some more during our trip, as long as you promise to let them cool for a bit, they are far better that way."

I have played the specific scenario with Garret ;-)

"I don't think there is anything else sir, although i really recommend you do not order food here" or anything else...

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

His face still split in a fierce grin by the presence of his friend Mika, Fera's eyes widen in surprise as a small, talking dragon appears on Kharnia's shoulder. He nods happily at the creature's greeting, then can't help but chuckle a bit at Garret's arrival and immediate concern about the food. "Hello, Garret, I am Ferabras," he says, momentarily forgetting to be concerned about his own frightening appearance as he's distracted by the entertainment. "If we have the luxury to worry about what we're eating on this assignment, it will be more comfortable by far than the last few I've been sent on."

Ferabras looks closely at Zora as Dreng hands her the paper, wondering how she sees through her white eyes. Or does she see? Perhaps she moves through the world some other way. Still, no need to call attention to it. I've had enough folks ask me why the whites of my eyes are bright yellow, I know it's no fun being called out on such things.

"You say his last letter was hopeful," Fera says to Dreng, "do you have it? Or any of his other letters we might look at for clues?" Considering a moment, he adds, "I've not been to Korvosa, and I don't know if the others have. Anything we should know about the place?"

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora sits, perfectly impassive, through the appearance of a ...young boy, and a halfling cook, apparently, as well as the colorful 'dragon.' Her hands stay folded demurely in her lap until Dreng hands over the damp paper. She takes this a little gingerly, retrieves a handkerchief from the sleeve of her robe, and meticulously begins to blot the paper dry.

This act allows her to listen to the talk and Ferabras's further questions, which earns a slight approving nod from her. It is always wise to know more about where one is going.... even if death is the same basically everywhere.

"Greetings. I am pleased the Society is sending such vibrant individuals," she remarks to Garret and Mikail, and really to Kharnia and Ferabras as well. "Your passion for life will be a contributing factor in how much you are able to cling to it when it inevitably begins to slip through your fingers."

(Blot, blot of the paper.)

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia chuckles. "May kali i muri may gugli avela! A strange group you have assembled Drandle Dreng" she exclaims with a grin before sliding her chair up closer to the table. "I know some about Korvosa, Orașul Mastaba. It is not far from Cetatea Vraid, the home of the Hellknights of the Nail. They come to impose order within from time to time. Many Chelish giorgo live within, not as many Varisians, and the rest are a flour dusting upon the bread. It is a place of laws, mysticism, and lore. It is young for a city, but in the shadow of the curvă mormânt it has become older than one would think. Beware the summoners of the Academae, theirs is mostly devil's work. Respect the pseudodragons, for they dance on winds blowing through the ghost of the forest that once was. And if you see a hippogriff, give Desna a prayer, for good luck is sure to find you."

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

"Blundering bumblebees, I knew I had basked in your baked benedictions before! How have you fared, fearless adventuring philanthropist? I can hardly wait to wade through your wanton victuals!" exclaims Riddywhipple.


Zora, the paper seems mostly sopped in splashed wine. Your drying seems to work.

Dreng nods to Ferabras. "Yes, although there's not much to read. Dry reports until the last when he expressed hope that a new contact would allow him access to the drug. He did not speak of much more, but he hinted that he was keeping a diary that would hold more secrets. Well! That's enough hemming and hawing! Off, off you go! I've booked you passage aboard the Tender Mercy, a Korvosan ship returning on the morning tide. Gather your things and off you scamper! Bring me back a sample of this drug or at least a good tale!"

Last chance to ask before you're off!

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

All manner of humor drains out of Mikails face as Dreng mentions communing with someone or something. Suddenly looking very serious and much older than his supposed years, he tosses Fera's belt back to him with a look filled with meaning but including everyone else as he speaks. "This will be the THIRD cult or group that we have infiltrated.. and although we survived, it wasn't pretty in the least. We better find that diary first to see what we are up against, and we need to keep a low profile. If he's disappeared, they probably know all about him by now, and will expect us to start at his house when the rescue mission inevitably shows up."


The voyage to Korvosa is long and uneventful, though you pass through stormy seas much of the way. By the time you arrive your stomachs have experienced most of what sailing life has to offer.

Korvosa herself is built much in the Chelish style. You ask about the inn mentioned in the letters and discover that it's in the Old Korvosa district, the oldest and poorest part of town. You spot a lot of guards, some on hippogriff back, and the rumor is that the city recently underwent a change in rulership, after the King died and his Queen ascended. The general feeling is that the Queen is young and pretty and probably a bit stuck up, since she wasn't a local.

Making the decision to set this in the midst of the Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, rather than after to avoid any spoilers.

You head off to Old Korvosa, where you find the inn that Smoot mentioned, called the King's Harvest in the Bridgefront neighborhood. The inn is an older place but solid and reputable, and the innkeeper tells you that Smoot disappeared a while back, without paying his final bill. All he left behind was a few changes of clothes and writing materials, but no letters or a diary. He tells you that Smoot was known to be hanging around near the docks, but more than that he can't say.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Fera catches his belt wide-eyed and grinning, amazed at the trick that Mika has managed to pull on him! His grin fades, however, as Mika speaks, bringing to mind how horrific the last cult they battled turned out to be. "Right on both counts, Mika," he weighs in, "find that diary, and keep a low profile. I'll do my best at the latter."

Once they reach Korvosa, and make their way to the King's Harvest, Ferabras listens intently at the innkeeper tells them what little he knows. "I am sorry that he did not pay his bill, good sir," the fearsome tiefling says in a kind and cordial tone, "should we find him, we'll be sure he remedies that. I know you've said he left nothing behind of any note, but could we perhaps see what he left behind, and take a look at his room?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


The innkeeper shakes his head. "Room's been cleaned and rented several times, so not much to see there. But I'll fetch his things." He heads back into the storeroom and comes out with a small wooden box. It contains a couple shirts and pants, quills and paper and an empty scrollcase.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Fera takes a look in the box, then shrugs and says, "I don't think I can learn anything from this stuff." With a look at the rest of the party, he asks, "Any of you have ideas on what his quills might tell us, or anything else of his? If not, I say we head for the docks and ask around."

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"Draghul mina, asking around is so... Mundane. We have some of his things and Korvosa is steeped in magics both ancient and new. Let us see how much one of those high-bred mages in their schools of learning will ask to scry for our friend" chimes in Kharnia with an air of mischief.


You have the option of the Acadamae or one of the smaller, less reputable mage schools that are basically a mage and apprentices. It's getting dark as you decide, though. A mist is beginning to fill the streets and the stars are obscured.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia motions towards the Academae. "Theirs is a pompous bunch, but there is quality to be found in pride."

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras shrugs and says, "I guess the docks aren't going anywhere, let's see what we can learn from the pompous guys."


As you head out, you head south toward the bridges that connect Old Korvosa to the rest of the city. You're walking through an alleyway, watching strange shapes form in the air. Macabre shapes coalesce in a thick curtain of fog still hanging heavy on the late day air as muted screams echo off the Shingles above.

The screams sounded close, maybe a street away. What do you do?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

What do I do? I paladin!

Ferabras yellow eyes open in alarm and he lays a clawed hand on the hilt of his sword, crying out, "Someone is in danger, we must see what's afoot!" Without hesitation, he moves toward the sound of the screams.

Any sort of knowledge checks we can make to figure out these strange shapes forming in the air?


Not yet... But very very soon...

Ferabras tears off and the others follow as he steps around the corner to see a strange sight. A single city guard fights against a strange creature: A miasma of swirling, nightmarish shapes spill forth from the
torn-asunder jaws of a corpse the mists drag in their wake. Three of his fellows lay on the pavenment, looking dazed.

Initiative:

Ferabras: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Mikail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Garret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Karnhia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Foe: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Round 1:
Heroes
Fog Zombie Thing

You guys are up! The relevant knowledge is Planes!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras hurries forward, drawing his blade as he moves! He calls out to his companions, "What is this thing? How do we fight it?"

Once he's a little closer to the swirl of horrors, he waves his hands and shouts to it, "Come, fight me, undead fog foe!"

Double move, draw sword.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"I am with you!" the halfling shouts as he darts forward. While he moves his skin seems to take on a bark-like hue

Single move (40 ft) plus barkskin

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

sorry for quiet, some computer issues

Plaaaanes?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Moving forward with her pale eyes fixed on the terrible sight, Zora invokes Pharasma in a low mutter.

Casting deathwatch. Could someone me 20’ south?

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1
Zora Draznoi wrote:
Could someone me 20’ south?

Done


Zora, this looks like a hungry fog, a type of ooze, but something is different here. The fog's form is displaying odd images and it seems to be emitting from the rotting corpse it's dragging along. Almost like it's the remains of dreams...

Mikail, go ahead and retcon any actions you'd like!

The fog seems to gather itself, then it flows toward the last guard, who screams as the fog seems to suck the very life from his body, and he crumples to the ground, looking dazed and pale.

Round 2: Heroes are up!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Does Zora's Knowledge check result get us any questions? I'd love to know how to fight this thing - or how not to fight it, as is sometimes key with these amorphous things.


Unfortunately no. She hit the DC but not enough to get any further information.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"I am not the best at fighting mists, but I will see what happens if I hit that corpse"

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Thanks to Improved Underfoot Grace I get no penalties when moving at full speed and trying to avoid AoOs

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 counts as cold iron, silver and magical

Garret moves around the mist and attempts to punch the corpse


Garret hits the corpse, which flops to the side without any animation to it other than what the fog emitting from it seems to grant it. It's definitely just a corpse animated or dragged behind by the fog itself.

However, Garret's hit does seem to disperse some of the fog, harming it!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Seeing Garret's attack have some effect on the terrible fog, Fera says, "Well, Garret, that seemed to work. I'll see what this does." He strides up to the mist and slashes at it with his blade!

Move action to get close, standard to attack.

+1 Greatsword, PA: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 2 = 20
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 8 + 6 = 17

2,451 to 2,500 of 3,959 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sior's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.