GM ShadowLord's Rise of the Runelords Campaign

Game Master GM ShadowLord

CHAPTER 4 - FORTRESS OF THE STONE GIANTS (Part 1: Stones over Sandpoint)

Current Map


8,401 to 8,450 of 8,489 << first < prev | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I did not realize I posted under the wrong alias. WHOOPS. I'm going to assume no one is doing anything else then and move along.

After the meeting you all perform any last minute options before heading back to the Rusty Dragon where Ameiko gets you all a warm bed on the house.

Though passed out from exhaustion, Ameiko stays up most of the night taking watch over Vivi. She changes his bandages and sponges clean what she can from his body, worrying silently. By the time he wakes in the morning however, she's gone without signs that she had ever been there.

* * *

Early the next morning each of you are awoken by a series of loud knocks on your door followed by Sheriff Hemlock "It's too late, we've got trouble!"

Quickly rushing on your clothes and gear, you all meet downstairs in the main area where a large crowd of people have gathered. Everyone looks worried and the mayor is not present. Belor notices your arrival and waves you over to the bar where he is situated. "I sent scouts out last night after your warning. Just before dawn they noticed something strange on the hillsides. Moving closer to inspect they see the giants are already on their way and will be here in an hours time or less. We don't have much time, what do we do?"


HP 96/105 (135)| AC: 12/12/10 CMD: 26 | F: +10 R: +4 W: +7 | Initiative: +2 | Rage: 25/25 | Vampiric Touch: 5/5 Vampiric Power 3/3 | Darkvision 30ft | DR 2/-, 5/Silver | Resist Cold, Electricity 10 | Fortification 15%
Skills:
Acrobatics +21 Intimidate +15 Perception +20 Survival: +18

”How many?” Sunday flatly asks.


HP 63/94 | AC 25 24 TAC 15 14 FF 21 | CMD 30 29 | F +11 R +12 W +8 (evasion; immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 (+4 terrain) | Senses: low-light +21 (+5 vs traps;+4 terrain) |
Skills:
Acrobatics+22, C. (traps)+5,Climb+14,Diplomacy-1,Disable dev.+22,Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+3,K.dung+7,K.geo+5/+9,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+13/+17, Surv.+13/+17/+22,Swim+11,Ride+7
Half-elf male Ranger 10 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +4 vs undead, +4 urban/underground | Ghina +15 HP 58/67 AC 25 TAC 16 AC 26 TAC 17 fatigued

Delendir wakes up as fast he can and arms up quickly going downstairs for the talk "We have no time! What do you all think if your people protect the walls, as those are the most easily defensible position?" he turns to the others in the party "... and we try to cover the bridges to some extent? If everything else fails, I think we can make our last stand in the Cathedral..."

If having time for it, Delendir will set traps on those accesses he can reach before the giants.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 96/105 (135)| AC: 12/12/10 CMD: 26 | F: +10 R: +4 W: +7 | Initiative: +2 | Rage: 25/25 | Vampiric Touch: 5/5 Vampiric Power 3/3 | Darkvision 30ft | DR 2/-, 5/Silver | Resist Cold, Electricity 10 | Fortification 15%
Skills:
Acrobatics +21 Intimidate +15 Perception +20 Survival: +18

"Or we can just evacuate instead of dying like idiots." Sunday adds in his usual apathetic tone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 10 HP: 53/53 | AC: 13 (17 mage armor) | T: 13 (15) | FF: 11(15) | CMD: 16 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +8 | Init: +7| Perc: +3 Yavenee

Yavenee can't quite help smiling at Sunday's comment. "We should evacuate anyone not a part of the militia. The rest of us will make a stand, and retreat if we have to."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5/Evangelist 5 | hp 63/63 | AC 21, tac 16, ff 15 | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Init +2 | Per +15 | Channel Energy 4d6 (dc 19) 5/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 9/9 | Bit of Luck 9/9 | Haze of Daydreams (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Charming Smile (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Blessing of the Faithful +2 Sac |
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Jessica slept as soundly as she could that night with the fears of what was to come swirling through her head. It wasn't easy but the presence of both Hope and Krysta helped ease her mind, particularly the dragon's "singing" to little hope. When morning arrived Jessica awoke and went through her routine, feeding Hope, performing her prayers as she composed s short hymn that she sang for Krysta, and donning her gear. She had just finished when the meeting was called and Jessica gathered up Hope and went with Krysta in her armor to the bar downstairs to hear what was to be said as she tried to eat some breakfast.

Jessica listened to all that was said and shook her head at the suggestion of evacuation, "With the time we have left we can't evacuate. We'd need at least a day to get anyone to safety and we can't be sure they don't have scouts out around the town already to prevent escape. No it's safer to huddle up here." She considered a fall back position and said, "I don't think the Temple is a good place, it is at the northern edge of the town inside the walls and that's where the giant's are coming from, better to go the southern part of town as far from the main force as possible as a final defense plus there is the harbor nearby that we might use to get some people away from and a single bridge that, if we could hold it, could be used as well."


HP 96/105 (135)| AC: 12/12/10 CMD: 26 | F: +10 R: +4 W: +7 | Initiative: +2 | Rage: 25/25 | Vampiric Touch: 5/5 Vampiric Power 3/3 | Darkvision 30ft | DR 2/-, 5/Silver | Resist Cold, Electricity 10 | Fortification 15%
Skills:
Acrobatics +21 Intimidate +15 Perception +20 Survival: +18

”There’s the the tunnels under the glassworks.” Sunday reminds.


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5/Evangelist 5 | hp 63/63 | AC 21, tac 16, ff 15 | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Init +2 | Per +15 | Channel Energy 4d6 (dc 19) 5/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 9/9 | Bit of Luck 9/9 | Haze of Daydreams (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Charming Smile (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Blessing of the Faithful +2 Sac |
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Jessica considered and said, "That might work, but we would need ships in that hidden cove. Remember that it led down to water and I don't think there was another way out than by boat. That being said it could be used to hide people during the attack." Jess' face darkened as she said, "Don't forget those catacombs down there though, I don't know that we want anyone close to that area, particularly since that imp got away from us."

She did get away didn't she?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

It's my understanding she got away, yes.

The sheriff listens to the lively discussion and interjects when spoken to. Nodding to Delendir he responds "I will position the bulk of our watch and reserves guarding all of the entrances to the town. It seems like the most sound tactic."

Regarding evacuation, "The mayor is coordinating with the town elders on coordinating everyone to an evacuation route or location once it's been decided. She's awaiting your decision on the matter, deferring to your better judgment. What is your recommendation?"


HP 63/94 | AC 25 24 TAC 15 14 FF 21 | CMD 30 29 | F +11 R +12 W +8 (evasion; immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 (+4 terrain) | Senses: low-light +21 (+5 vs traps;+4 terrain) |
Skills:
Acrobatics+22, C. (traps)+5,Climb+14,Diplomacy-1,Disable dev.+22,Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+3,K.dung+7,K.geo+5/+9,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+13/+17, Surv.+13/+17/+22,Swim+11,Ride+7
Half-elf male Ranger 10 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +4 vs undead, +4 urban/underground | Ghina +15 HP 58/67 AC 25 TAC 16 AC 26 TAC 17 fatigued

"You keep talking about evacuation. Yes, the glassworks is a sounded tactic if that's what we want. But what if instead of keeping planning our defeat we start planning our victory?" Delendir stands up and hits the table with his fist "I came here to fight. And fight I will. These are my lands and I will defend them to the last drop of blood!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5/Evangelist 5 | hp 63/63 | AC 21, tac 16, ff 15 | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Init +2 | Per +15 | Channel Energy 4d6 (dc 19) 5/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 9/9 | Bit of Luck 9/9 | Haze of Daydreams (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Charming Smile (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Blessing of the Faithful +2 Sac |
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Jessica shook her head, "It's not planning for our defeat but planning for the safety of those not fighting. Any battle has collateral damage and it's best to keep the children at least as safe as possible. If nothing else it is a very sturdy place for them to hide since it is bedrock there."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 96/105 (135)| AC: 12/12/10 CMD: 26 | F: +10 R: +4 W: +7 | Initiative: +2 | Rage: 25/25 | Vampiric Touch: 5/5 Vampiric Power 3/3 | Darkvision 30ft | DR 2/-, 5/Silver | Resist Cold, Electricity 10 | Fortification 15%
Skills:
Acrobatics +21 Intimidate +15 Perception +20 Survival: +18

"Where do you get the arrogance that you believe you can have villagefolk slaughter an army and not the other way around, we ourselves haven't had the easiest of times dealing with mere skirmishes when dealing with giants. A trained army isn't going to be easier... and wasn't this place sieged by mere goblins not long ago?" Sunday adds.

It was a Qausit and yes it got away.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5/Evangelist 5 | hp 63/63 | AC 21, tac 16, ff 15 | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Init +2 | Per +15 | Channel Energy 4d6 (dc 19) 5/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 9/9 | Bit of Luck 9/9 | Haze of Daydreams (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Charming Smile (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Blessing of the Faithful +2 Sac |
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

That's right! I knew she wasn't an imp but couldn't remember the demon equivalent and was too busy at work to look it up.


HP 96/105 (135)| AC: 12/12/10 CMD: 26 | F: +10 R: +4 W: +7 | Initiative: +2 | Rage: 25/25 | Vampiric Touch: 5/5 Vampiric Power 3/3 | Darkvision 30ft | DR 2/-, 5/Silver | Resist Cold, Electricity 10 | Fortification 15%
Skills:
Acrobatics +21 Intimidate +15 Perception +20 Survival: +18

*nods* Imps red, Quasits green


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vivi, time to wake up sleepy-head!


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 10 |AC 21 T 19 FF 18| HP 1/54 | Ki Pool 7/7 | F +7 R +9 W +9 | Init +4 | Perc +14

Sorry. Even being off from work been busy post second child arrival. Part of why I am here I suppose.

Fifteen minutes before the sheriff's warning:

After what seems to be an eternity of blackness, Vivi finally opens his eyes. The once familiar softness of the mattress feels good against his still sore spine. That was... embarrassing. He raises up and looks around. Sure enough, he is back inside his old room in the Rusty Dragon. A blush crosses his face. Great, I have inconvenienced Ameiko-chan again. Best if I get ready and find the others. No sense in making things more awkward.

As he dresses, he shaves off the several months worth of unkempt growth from his cheeks, returning to the (admittedly now a bit longer) goatee and mustache he sported before. His robes, magical trinkets, and weapons reequipped, he opens the door to find a somewhat startled Sheriff Hemlock on the other end. Before he can apologize, however, the Sheriff passes the message in a hurried tone before rushing off toward the next place.

"Great. At least they knew to look... I hope." Without further word he rushes downstairs.

He wordlessly listens as the exchange heats up on how to handle the townsfolk. Finally, he claps Delendir on the shoulder.

"Old friend. Homes can be replaced. People's lives cannot. They are not here to loot and pillage. They are here to kill everyone... likely for whatever dark purpose that bid those murders take place. If we have a way of keeping them from being successful than I say it falls to those of us strong enough," he gives the ranger a smile, then indicates Sunday, Jessica, Yavenne, and the Sheriff with his other hand, "to ensure that it is so. No need in their dying needlessly for things that can be rebuilt." He gives his shoulder a firm, but friendly, squeeze before releasing it.

Turning to the Mayor, he solemnly bows. "My skills are at your disposal. Deploy me as you see fit."


HP 63/94 | AC 25 24 TAC 15 14 FF 21 | CMD 30 29 | F +11 R +12 W +8 (evasion; immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 (+4 terrain) | Senses: low-light +21 (+5 vs traps;+4 terrain) |
Skills:
Acrobatics+22, C. (traps)+5,Climb+14,Diplomacy-1,Disable dev.+22,Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+3,K.dung+7,K.geo+5/+9,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+13/+17, Surv.+13/+17/+22,Swim+11,Ride+7
Half-elf male Ranger 10 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +4 vs undead, +4 urban/underground | Ghina +15 HP 58/67 AC 25 TAC 16 AC 26 TAC 17 fatigued

Delendir frowns and rears back as Vivi transfers his calmness upon him as if a mystical magic touched his shoulder. The half-elf holds back and waits quietly to let the others shape their own way to safe the people.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5/Evangelist 5 | hp 63/63 | AC 21, tac 16, ff 15 | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Init +2 | Per +15 | Channel Energy 4d6 (dc 19) 5/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 9/9 | Bit of Luck 9/9 | Haze of Daydreams (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Charming Smile (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Blessing of the Faithful +2 Sac |
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Jessica was getting aggravated at what she saw as Delendir not listening to what she said and it was the timely intervention of Vivi that calmed him. Jessica took a deep breath and to calm herself and then said, "I agree that we need to fight, I think we should focus on the wall the army is coming at while watching the others. I also think we should get the children and some people to care for them into the tunnels under the Glassworks for their safety. I have one spell still that I can prepare and I can use it to create a 'wall of stone' to plug up the entrance to the catacombs we found and keep anything dangerous from getting out for now." She paused a moment and then continued, "I also think getting at least a few boats down there to be out of sight should the worst happen would be a good idea. I will arrange these things myself if I need to."

Jessica looked at Delendir and then said gently, "We will fight for the town, this is my home now, not Magnimar, and I won't see Sandpoint destroyed if I can help it." She looked at Krysta and Delendior and asked, "Is there anyway you can burrow and create weak points underground so the giants might fall into them or have to go around them?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 10 HP: 53/53 | AC: 13 (17 mage armor) | T: 13 (15) | FF: 11(15) | CMD: 16 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +8 | Init: +7| Perc: +3 Yavenee

"That would be excellent." Yavennee comments in agreement with Jessica. "Making the terrain difficult for them will help. We have faced giants and barely survived, but we have gotten stronger. Convincing the townspeople to fight would only be herding them to their deaths. We will fight for them while keeping them safe and giving them a means of escape should we fail."


HP 63/94 | AC 25 24 TAC 15 14 FF 21 | CMD 30 29 | F +11 R +12 W +8 (evasion; immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 (+4 terrain) | Senses: low-light +21 (+5 vs traps;+4 terrain) |
Skills:
Acrobatics+22, C. (traps)+5,Climb+14,Diplomacy-1,Disable dev.+22,Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+3,K.dung+7,K.geo+5/+9,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+13/+17, Surv.+13/+17/+22,Swim+11,Ride+7
Half-elf male Ranger 10 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +4 vs undead, +4 urban/underground | Ghina +15 HP 58/67 AC 25 TAC 16 AC 26 TAC 17 fatigued

Delendir nods to Jessica "Yes, I do have means Jess. Ok. I will move to the bridges while you work under the Glassworks. There I will set some of my hunting traps. I have something special to receive them"

The half-elf will set up traps at both of the bridges of Sandpoint. As the group is up to defend the walls, he merely walks to the battlements top, waiting there to join the others after setting the traps.

There, he readies his bow and observes attentively, trying to see the giants coming.
Perception+fav. terrain: 1d20 + 21 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 21 + 4 = 34


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 10 |AC 21 T 19 FF 18| HP 1/54 | Ki Pool 7/7 | F +7 R +9 W +9 | Init +4 | Perc +14

Vivi ensures that his sling is ready along with his bullets before asking, "I know now is a bad time, but has anyone seen Ameiko? I would like to say... well, a few words... prior to our uninvited guests arrival."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

What's Yavenee doing?

Delendir goes to work on his traps while Sunday moves to assist Belor in coordinating the town guards under his direction. "I know you're all manner of famous now, so I'll defer to your battle expertise on how you think we should place the men."

While Jessica coordinates and works on the evacuation of women and children down below the Glassworks, Vivi frantically searches for Ameiko. Someone mentions to him that she left earlier in the morning with Father Zantus to help start working on evacuation plans as soon as trouble was alerted. Making his way quickly to the north, Vivi finds her helping pack supplies for the town into crates to be carried under the Glassworks. She looks up as he enters, startled to see him. "Oh? You're up. How are you feeling?" she asks, setting down her crate and moving over to him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 10 |AC 21 T 19 FF 18| HP 1/54 | Ki Pool 7/7 | F +7 R +9 W +9 | Init +4 | Perc +14

Vivi's eyes are fixed on Ameiko's feet.

"Well, thank you. That was the best sleep I have had in months, and was better than I deserved. I am sorry for the burden I placed on you again."

He gives her a bow and raises, his eyes finally meeting hers.

"I wanted to find you before the attack begins in earnest. I know you can take care of yourself, but please... be careful. I wish I had the time to explain what happened over the past few months... and why I had to leave so suddenly. Assuming we both survive, I promise that I will."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ameiko reaches out with her left hand for Vivi's. Assuming he accepts her hand, she holds it softly and whispers "Just don't disappear on me again. We'll talk when this is over. Please go save our town again."

She leans forward and pecks him on the cheek with a light kiss before turning away and getting back to work.


Female Human Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 10 HP: 53/53 | AC: 13 (17 mage armor) | T: 13 (15) | FF: 11(15) | CMD: 16 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +8 | Init: +7| Perc: +3 Yavenee

does sandpoint have a town wall?


HP 96/105 (135)| AC: 12/12/10 CMD: 26 | F: +10 R: +4 W: +7 | Initiative: +2 | Rage: 25/25 | Vampiric Touch: 5/5 Vampiric Power 3/3 | Darkvision 30ft | DR 2/-, 5/Silver | Resist Cold, Electricity 10 | Fortification 15%
Skills:
Acrobatics +21 Intimidate +15 Perception +20 Survival: +18

More of a gate in the back.


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 10 |AC 21 T 19 FF 18| HP 1/54 | Ki Pool 7/7 | F +7 R +9 W +9 | Init +4 | Perc +14

Vivi hesitates for the briefest of moments before taking Ameiko's hand in his own. Blushing slightly, he nods.

"I will do my best to keep the town safe. And I will not disappear if I can at all prevent it." Giving her a bow as she gets to her work, he sets off toward the agreed upon first line of defense, sling in hand.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

There are three main entrances to Sandpoint. Two of them are nothing more than a wooden bridge, the third being a walled gate in the north of town. 95% of Sandpoint is surrounded by water, the only land-connected portion is through the gate which is considered the "main" entrance to the town and connects to the Lost Coast Road. The lower trails are more local access like to the bluff to the south where the noble houses are.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Yavenee goes to help with the evacuation of the townfolk into the Glassworks, shuttling women, children and elderly down below in as orderly of a fashion as possible. While the rest of the town prepares its defenses for the inevitable destruction looming ahead. Unfortunately, no one has to wait too long for that to occur.

It begins with a huge rock that is ripped from the ground to the north that comes hurtling towards the gate. With a tremendous crack and booming sounds that ripples through the town, the battle has begun. Bells begin ringing throughout town and hustling troops make their way to the three entrance points.

To the north, the sounds of the tremendous boulders slamming into the gate and stone breaking and wood splintering are heard just above the screaming of the terrified people and the ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding of the bell ringing throughout town.

Okay, let's work on logistics. Forgoing a battle map initially, I'll get one in later. I'll have Yavenee and Jessica inside the Glassworks shuttling people. Where are Delendir, Sunday and Vivi when the battle begins? Sounds of destruction are coming from the north as rocks are hurtled towards the gate, what do you do?


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 10 |AC 21 T 19 FF 18| HP 1/54 | Ki Pool 7/7 | F +7 R +9 W +9 | Init +4 | Perc +14

I was thinking the gate would have been our primary defense point, so either Vivi would have been there or on his way there from his quick talk with Ameiko. Will leave that up to you, GM, but if he is not there he would hurry.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I have no problem with Vivi already being there.


HP 63/94 | AC 25 24 TAC 15 14 FF 21 | CMD 30 29 | F +11 R +12 W +8 (evasion; immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 (+4 terrain) | Senses: low-light +21 (+5 vs traps;+4 terrain) |
Skills:
Acrobatics+22, C. (traps)+5,Climb+14,Diplomacy-1,Disable dev.+22,Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+3,K.dung+7,K.geo+5/+9,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+13/+17, Surv.+13/+17/+22,Swim+11,Ride+7
Half-elf male Ranger 10 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +4 vs undead, +4 urban/underground | Ghina +15 HP 58/67 AC 25 TAC 16 AC 26 TAC 17 fatigued

We decided to defend at the wall plan and Delendir set the traps and then went to the walls. If the battle starts while he is still working on the traps, I am happy to retcon, but I will assume here he is at the walls battlements with Vivi

"They are here Vivi! This is our time to hold the gate!" still not seeing exactly where all the giants are placed, Delendir shots an arrow in the general direction where he spotted the first boulder coming.
+1 longbow-DA+favored enemy (Improved precise shot feat): 1d20 + 14 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 3 + 5 = 34
P damage+DA+favored enemy: 1d8 + 6 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 6 + 5 = 23
misschance? (Improved precise shot feat): 1d100 ⇒ 99


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5/Evangelist 5 | hp 63/63 | AC 21, tac 16, ff 15 | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Init +2 | Per +15 | Channel Energy 4d6 (dc 19) 5/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 9/9 | Bit of Luck 9/9 | Haze of Daydreams (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Charming Smile (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Blessing of the Faithful +2 Sac |
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Jessica had made her way down into the tunnels under the glassworks before anyone else arrived and quickly found the entrance to the catacombs. She cast her prayer to Shelyn and created a wall of stone shaping it to as completely fill the passageway leading into them as possible. She knew it wasn't a perfect seal and could easily be removed if one wanted to take the time, but for now it should suffice to keep those in the tunnels safe.

When people arrived among the first were the twins, Sarah and Samuel, along with little Hope and the other orphans. She greeted them all and said, "I'm glad you made it safely. I don't know how soon the attack will start but I want all of you to stay safe down here. Go as far down the tunnel as you can and you should find a hidden cove. I don't think there are any threats down there but be cautious and stay away from the water for now."

She reached out to take Hope for a few moments as more of the townfolk began to arrive. She cooed at her little girl happily and was reluctant to let her go. In the end she knew she would have to, if only for now, and she handed Hope to Sarah. She reached into her pack and took out an envelope as she said, "I can't be sure what will happen in this fight, I don't know if I will make it back alive, if something ever happens to me I want you to make sure that Hope gets this when she's old enough to understand." She handed the envelope to Samuel with teary eyes. It was around then that the first reports of the attack began and Jessica knew she had to go. Dashing the tears from her eyes she quickly began to make for the surface and the fighting at the north wall.


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 10 |AC 21 T 19 FF 18| HP 1/54 | Ki Pool 7/7 | F +7 R +9 W +9 | Init +4 | Perc +14

Vivi nods wordlessly to Delendir, loaded sling at the ready.

Once the first foe is within the range of his sling (50 FT) he launches the stone at the offending creature.

Ranged: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12 Damage?: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Not satisfied, he quickly reloads the sling and readies another volley.

"I am almost tempted to go out to meet them, Delendir-san."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

No problems with full defend the wall battle plan after the traps. Vivi and Delendir are there, in full defense mode. Still waiting on Sunday and Yavenee to chime in.

Delendir cant' get an exact bead on this target, but they are big and he can tell from the general direction of the projectile where it is being thrown from. He launches his arrow high into the sky and feels confident he likely hit his mark. The same cannot be said for Vivi however, his sling hitting a tree a mere 50' in front of him.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 10 HP: 53/53 | AC: 13 (17 mage armor) | T: 13 (15) | FF: 11(15) | CMD: 16 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +8 | Init: +7| Perc: +3 Yavenee

After helping Jessica usher people down to the tunnels, Yavenee finds a quiet place to perform a ritual preparing herself for battle. The shamaness has Sunday stand watch, ensuring that she isn't interrupted as she anoints herself with oils and the smoke of mystic herbs, readying mind and body for battle.

As the first vibrations of the attack begin, sending dust cascading down upon them, the witch begins casting a powerful spell, reaching out along her own timeline to draw upon pivotal moments in her life, both past and future to access her own power. Rising, she seems to flicker between herself, younger, in the full blush of her youth, a bit older than she is now, fuller, her presence stronger, and ancient, old and worn down, with eyes that carry an unfathomable depth of wisdom and knowledge.

Cast Threefold aspect. Duration 1 day
As Jessica tearfully heads to the surface, the witch joins her calling to Sunday, and teleporting the three of them to the previously agreed spot on the wall.

Cast Teleport Mishap chance (Seen Casually): 1d100 ⇒ 28 01–88 SUCCESS!


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Round 2

When the full party arrives, they take sight of three stone giants that are about 200 feet up the road from the gate, calling out taunts and jeers in broken Common to the terrified guards who cower behind the wall and frantically move wagons into place to help barricade and reinforce the gate.

Another volley of tremendous rocks come hurtling into the gate, thrown from a great distance away.

Gate Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Gate Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Gate Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

One after another the rocks slam into the stone structure with tremendous booms, pieces of stone breaking off as the structure struggles to stay together.


HP 63/94 | AC 25 24 TAC 15 14 FF 21 | CMD 30 29 | F +11 R +12 W +8 (evasion; immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 (+4 terrain) | Senses: low-light +21 (+5 vs traps;+4 terrain) |
Skills:
Acrobatics+22, C. (traps)+5,Climb+14,Diplomacy-1,Disable dev.+22,Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+3,K.dung+7,K.geo+5/+9,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+13/+17, Surv.+13/+17/+22,Swim+11,Ride+7
Half-elf male Ranger 10 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +4 vs undead, +4 urban/underground | Ghina +15 HP 58/67 AC 25 TAC 16 AC 26 TAC 17 fatigued

"Damned giants! We have to finish them before they demolish the wall with their boulders!" from the top of the battlements Delendir eyes the attacking giants and shots arrows with his eagle shooting eye.
Attack: +1 longbow-RS-DA+favored enemy (IPS): 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 14 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 23
P damage+DA+favored enemy (manyshot 2 arrows): 2d8 + 12 + 12 + 10 ⇒ (3, 1) + 12 + 12 + 10 = 38

Rapid Shot: +1 longbow-RS-DA+favored enemy (IPS): 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 27
P damage+DA+favored enemy: 1d8 + 6 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 + 5 = 21

Iterative: +1 longbow-RS-DA+favored enemy (IPS): 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 17
P damage+DA+favored enemy: 1d8 + 6 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 6 + 5 = 23

Misschance: 1d100 ⇒ 95
Misschance: 1d100 ⇒ 52
Misschance: 1d100 ⇒ 77 Although Delendir has Improved Precise Shot Feat, in case that is relevant

"Finish loading the wagons! Load your crossbows!" the half-elf tries to lead the guards when Yavanee pops up with the others. The man smiles recomforted "A great sight it is"

HP 94/94 | AC 24 TAC 14


HP 96/105 (135)| AC: 12/12/10 CMD: 26 | F: +10 R: +4 W: +7 | Initiative: +2 | Rage: 25/25 | Vampiric Touch: 5/5 Vampiric Power 3/3 | Darkvision 30ft | DR 2/-, 5/Silver | Resist Cold, Electricity 10 | Fortification 15%
Skills:
Acrobatics +21 Intimidate +15 Perception +20 Survival: +18

Resolutely standing guard outside as the Witch performs her ritual Sunday mentally braces himself when she calls out to him with an outstretched hand, knowing what was coming next.

Atop the gate he nonchalantly watches the boulders soar through the air towards them. "Any suggestions beyond going and saying hi?" he asks to no one in particular.


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 10 |AC 21 T 19 FF 18| HP 1/54 | Ki Pool 7/7 | F +7 R +9 W +9 | Init +4 | Perc +14

Reloading his sling, Vivi nods at Sunday and company as they arrive.

"Well, I would send them some welcoming presents if you have any." As if to demonstrate, he twirls the sling and throws the stone at the closest of the giant attackers.

Ranged (Sling +1): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25 Damage?: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

"If not, let me know if you want to charge into them. I will be the man at your back, so to talk. Er, say. Speak?"


HP 96/105 (135)| AC: 12/12/10 CMD: 26 | F: +10 R: +4 W: +7 | Initiative: +2 | Rage: 25/25 | Vampiric Touch: 5/5 Vampiric Power 3/3 | Darkvision 30ft | DR 2/-, 5/Silver | Resist Cold, Electricity 10 | Fortification 15%
Skills:
Acrobatics +21 Intimidate +15 Perception +20 Survival: +18

"Sorry, haven't had a chance to shopping for gifts lately."


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5/Evangelist 5 | hp 63/63 | AC 21, tac 16, ff 15 | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Init +2 | Per +15 | Channel Energy 4d6 (dc 19) 5/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 9/9 | Bit of Luck 9/9 | Haze of Daydreams (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Charming Smile (dc 19) 9/9rnds | Blessing of the Faithful +2 Sac |
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Jessica took Yavenee's hand and gasped in fear as she felt her body pulled through the distance and landing atop the gate. She unslung her glaive deftly and braced the haft on the ground to regain her balance. She heard Sunday talk about going out there and shook her head, "No, going out there is a bad idea, we don't know how many there might be and they'll get through the walls eventually. It would be better to wait for them to come to us, let the traps whittle them down some."

With her friends all gathered Jessica began to pray. She invoked the power of Shelyn to let her follow her friends and know their condition then touched each of her friend's, "There, now I will know where each of you are and how badly hurt you may be."
I would have already had Magic Vestment cast using the rod of extend spell so it is in place for 18 hours. I have now cast Status on the party.


Female Human Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 10 HP: 53/53 | AC: 13 (17 mage armor) | T: 13 (15) | FF: 11(15) | CMD: 16 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +8 | Init: +7| Perc: +3 Yavenee

Standing atop The wall, Yavenee watches as the giants assault the wall, only the beginning of what would be a day of blood and death. She begins a slow, steady rhytmic chant as dark energy begins to cascade down her head and shoulders, flowing to the ground to form a shadowy cloak that appears to be made of semi translucent raven feathers.

Cast Mage Armor. 10 hr duration. AC 17

" They will have to be closer before I can harm them"

pretty much all of my effects are in the 30 to 60 ft range


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Though the party had excellent aim, the distance between them was providing difficult.. Vivi's shot fell short and only one of Delendir's arrows finds its mark through the trees between them.

The gate buckles and shatters on the lower left corner, men immediately rushing to brace it with a wagon. No sooner than they get it in placed before its struck again and sends men flying backwards as sections of the gate splinter and crack. The third rock hits the upper stone of the wall, rattling the ground the party stands on.

Gate Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Gate Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Gate Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Screams suddenly ring out from the east side of town. You hear someone yelling "TANNER'S BRIDGE! They're giants at Tanner's!
Tanner's bridge is the middle bridge entrance into town.

Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


HP 63/94 | AC 25 24 TAC 15 14 FF 21 | CMD 30 29 | F +11 R +12 W +8 (evasion; immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 (+4 terrain) | Senses: low-light +21 (+5 vs traps;+4 terrain) |
Skills:
Acrobatics+22, C. (traps)+5,Climb+14,Diplomacy-1,Disable dev.+22,Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+3,K.dung+7,K.geo+5/+9,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+13/+17, Surv.+13/+17/+22,Swim+11,Ride+7
Half-elf male Ranger 10 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +4 vs undead, +4 urban/underground | Ghina +15 HP 58/67 AC 25 TAC 16 AC 26 TAC 17 fatigued

"Brrr..." Delendir keeps taking arrows from his back and shooting them at the forest "You all better stop them at the bridge. This wall is more defensible. As long as they remind far from here, I shall be able to hold the position alone with the only help of Hemlock's men"

Attack: +1 longbow-RS-DA+favored enemy (IPS): 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 34
P damage+DA+favored enemy (manyshot 2 arrows): 2d8 + 12 + 12 + 10 ⇒ (8, 6) + 12 + 12 + 10 = 48

Rapid Shot: +1 longbow-RS-DA+favored enemy (IPS): 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 32
P damage+DA+favored enemy: 1d8 + 6 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 6 + 5 = 18

Iterative: +1 longbow-RS-DA+favored enemy (IPS): 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 18
P damage+DA+favored enemy: 1d8 + 6 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 + 5 = 19

His next set of arrows is a clear strike.
Critical?: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 18
P damage+DA+favored enemy: 1d8 + 6 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 + 5 = 21


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 10 |AC 21 T 19 FF 18| HP 1/54 | Ki Pool 7/7 | F +7 R +9 W +9 | Init +4 | Perc +14

Vivi nods and smiles. "Give us a signal if you need assistance. Catch up when you can, Daud-san." Without waiting for a response from either man the monk puts his sling back on his belt and takes off at a run toward the bridge.

60 FT this round, double move as needed after that until arrival.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vivi is heading to Tanner's. Who is staying with Delendir and who's going with Vivi? What's the plan?


HP 96/105 (135)| AC: 12/12/10 CMD: 26 | F: +10 R: +4 W: +7 | Initiative: +2 | Rage: 25/25 | Vampiric Touch: 5/5 Vampiric Power 3/3 | Darkvision 30ft | DR 2/-, 5/Silver | Resist Cold, Electricity 10 | Fortification 15%
Skills:
Acrobatics +21 Intimidate +15 Perception +20 Survival: +18

Sunday could, not sure how much of a good idea that would be.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 63/94 | AC 25 24 TAC 15 14 FF 21 | CMD 30 29 | F +11 R +12 W +8 (evasion; immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 (+4 terrain) | Senses: low-light +21 (+5 vs traps;+4 terrain) |
Skills:
Acrobatics+22, C. (traps)+5,Climb+14,Diplomacy-1,Disable dev.+22,Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+3,K.dung+7,K.geo+5/+9,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+13/+17, Surv.+13/+17/+22,Swim+11,Ride+7
Half-elf male Ranger 10 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +4 vs undead, +4 urban/underground | Ghina +15 HP 58/67 AC 25 TAC 16 AC 26 TAC 17 fatigued

The half-elf nods to Vivi as he runs away "Ghina will come for you and guide you back to me if I am in trouble"

"You all be damned! What are you doing here stil? Run you all with Vivi! Only my bow can reach them from here. You have to hold the bridge! And keep all of you together!" Delendir's thoughts come back to the conversation with Daud just a day ago "You made me a promise Daud. Remember it if I don't invite you to drink again tonight"

8,401 to 8,450 of 8,489 << first < prev | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Another RotRL Campaign by DM Crispy - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.