Everyone Plays! Right now!

Game Master Atlas2112

Post now! Like, right now.


1 to 50 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

SWBT test map

Feel free to dot, but we'll keep this craziness in Recruitment for right now. ^_^


Famale looking Android

.


Male? Warforged Fighter 5 | Init +1 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | 1st Spells-2/3 DC 13 SpA+5 | Insp: 1 | Pass Per: 13
Saves:
Saves: STR: +6; DEX: +1; CON: +5; INT: +2; WIS: +0; CHA: -1

Dot.


Adjusts comm badge nervously.


dot


GM_Atlas2112 wrote:


"Acknowledged, pilot," the comms bark out back at you. "Dock on the Wasp and we'll divy up."

One of the small ships starts to maneuver to docking position. The other two continue forward.

It strikes you that as corrupt as the ISP are, it really depends on who the captain is. Some are better than others, but if you do dock, they might just keep your ship. Even if they let you go unmolested (either figuratively or literally) it would take awhile.

Babydoll, be ready to post the Tartarus vids on EXOnet, should everything go to hell.

Frank looks over at Rosie. The Alpha-Omega virus that we sold to Borak has a variable kill code. Frank pulls a bob from his pocket that is continually generating a string of numbers. It looks just like this. Once it's synchronized to a specific deployment of a virus, Only that synchronized bob can be used to kill the virus. Frank paused to see if Rosie understood.

The Tartarus Incident only seemed FUBAR. It was actually a cover to steal Cyberdines creation, and sell it to our double-crossing friend Borak. Frank puts the autopilot to dock with the destroyer, and heads to the weapons locker. He pulls out a small metal sphere.

Babydoll decided that we keep an Alpha-Omega weapons package for ourselves. We just need to convince our police friends that the best way to take Borak's vault, is to launch the package into the space station. When they go unconscious, the police raid the vault, and we get the kill code off of Borak's twitching body.

Frank returns to the pilots seat. If you're wondering what leverage we have to stop the police from killing us and taking the weapon...I recorded the whole operation which implicates not only Lord Borak, but also his lackey police...and how they killed forty-thousand to cover up the theft. Don't look so worried, Babydoll says we're doing great!

Dark Archive

SWBT test map

The sergeant of the squad, a veteran and a man hardened by only war, gets off plasma grenade before being cut down by Riven and K'kth'ki.

Helpbot Mk I and II, SO 4-45, Zanbabe, Zakary, and Arabella, all make soak rolls.
****************************
SO 4-44, what are trying to do? Where are you trying to go?

******************************
Hazell, you walk into one of the ubiquitous bays of bed docs scattered around the employee's area and stand as the cold, uncaring feelers of the droid poke, prod, probe, probe again, and scan.

The diagnosis is as quick as it is chilling.

"Thank for using OICU812 Medical Doctor! Your health is very important to us!

You are currently infected with a nanovirus of unknown origin!

The current proscribed cure is: Unknown.

Your prognosis is: Death within 24 hours.

Thank you and have GREAT DAY!"
***********************************
Rosie does indeed know that the Space Police bots are very nice. Through exoneration or execution they are polite to the very end.

Firm, but polite.
*************************************
Red Shirt Guy, you do indeed manage to get something up and running. (+1 on one roll of your choice for any player when using something on the ship.)

But you can't shake this feeling that you're somehow...in the wrong area?
You can't get this thought out of your head that you're supposed to die glorious in combat.

Weird.
***************************************
Dr. Rix, it seems like the Hyposcan is getting interference from whatever the hell the nanovirus is doing. If you're not careful, it could actually cause more harm than good. In fact, your treatment of Arabella looks like it's going to spiral out of control...but then a plasma grenade comes along and denatures the treatment, avoiding more harm.

So, win?

Huh. Weird.


Female Android Inactive

Rosie rolls her eyes, but you can tell she is a smidge more hopeful. Maybe the crazy idea would work. After all, Zanbabe was still alive, and she never had a sane idea in her life.

Stand ready to back up Frank's crazy idea: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Liberty's Edge

"Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!" -- Cervantes

Soak: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Fours is heading for the super secret lab on sub-level 43 where he hopes to conduct scans and remove the virus from his body or find a countermeasure of some sort.
And I totally thought Hazell was one of your aliases! Man, now I'm lost =O

Dark Archive

SWBT test map

Faith, your search is coming up with a -lot- of data on Borak. Like, a lot. A lot a lot. More than that. A lot. More than you might think. A lot.

It's almost as if this guy has been committing crimes for...ever.

To sift through this will take some time.

But yes, the cargo hold is mentioned. He certainly moves items through there. But if he's there now would take more digging, unless you can get eyes on the area.
*****************************
Between 1dr0meda, Syzygy, and Moves in Shadows, you are able to stay in the system for awhile.

'Aww, baby, don't be like that. Just hold off for little bit and I'll take you to Starburger later. But, just, please get out? If he catches me with someone in the--wait one, I've gotaasdklhfaofhglajdshfgn--....'

Rolls to find important files: 2/4

*******************************

Nobody post yet, one more thing. =)


Jensens hears the heavy clunk of a grenade tumble along the metal grating of the floor. Instinctively his training kicks in, lunging into the hallway in front of Zanbabe and Zakary the security officer does his job.
Soak: takes one for the team: 1d6 ⇒ 3

HP 2/3


Female Peri-blooded Aasimar Inactive

Hazell thinks about it for a minute and comes to the only possible conclusion: Borak is responsible. She accesses the station search and asks for a location on Borak, using her high clearance to make it happen.

Locate Borak: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Frank sets the auto pilot to dock, and sits back. He takes a swig of Reptilian whiskey from a hip flask, His body involuntarily shudders as the burning liquid goes down. He turns on the comm. Docking is five by five control He turns the comm off. He gives a toast gesture to Rosie. Here's to the three little pigs kicking the big bad wolf's ass.

Liberty's Edge

"Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!" -- Cervantes
GM wrote:
Nobody post yet, one more thing. =)

Erm. Just saw this. Seems like a lost cause, sorry. So... what was the other thing?

Dark Archive

SWBT test map

***************************
ROUND 6!
**************************
RULE CHANGE!
1) When you roll a Success (a 4 or higher on the die), you get to roll that die again. If your total on the two rolls comes up to 8 or better(-after- adding in modifiers), there is a change (not a guarantee) that something way whole bunch more betterer will happen.
(i.e. You roll a 4, but have a -1 modifier. You still get to roll again. If you roll another 4, your total is 7, after the modifier, and you don't get more candy. Take your two-week old bubble gum and leave. Had you rolled a 5, you'd have an 8, all told, and it would be popcorn balls all around.)
(This will go in the Campaign tab.)
**************************
Player Status: Viral level...1?
************************

You feel like you've run a marathon. Breathing becomes harder. You've been wiping your nose so much it's starting to hurt. The hacking fluid in your lungs just won't go away. Your hands start to itch and your feet are hot. You can still push through it...for now.

Dark Archive

SWBT test map

Status:

Currently there is just one guard left, trying to put cuffs on Lucian the Tripped. He has his back to the rest of the action. "I got this one. How are you guys doing?" he calls out.

Are Zanbabe, Riven and company still sprinting to the General Store? Or you wanna help a brother out?

************************************

Hazell, it doesn't take too much snooping to realize that Borak is the "head" of the criminal underground on the station. The station is a big place, and crime is gonna happen, you have enough people around. His exact whereabouts seem to be a word-of-mouth thing, and you just don't know enough skeezy types to track him done precisely.

But you do know that the go-to man for information on the station is the owner of the general store, a big man named Gorn. Maybe he'll know something?


Advanced Elan [Outsider (native)]

junks away from the tech once he turns his back and goes hunting for Mr bad guy.

Dark Archive

SWBT test map
The Sapphire wrote:
junks away from the tech once he turns his back and goes hunting for Mr bad guy.

Gimme a Stealth roll to get away from the watchful eye of the government worker.

(What? I didn't say it would be hard. And android get +2 to Dex now!


Jensens stands up, Am still alive? Somehow I thought that was going to be a lot worse. Picking up his rifle the security officer takes aim at the lone guard trying to put cuffs on Lucian the Tripped. He squeezes the trigger to catastrophic effect as the pressurized canister containing the catalyst explodes ripping long tears into his red shirt.

Pewpew: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Sapphire!!!!

HP 2/3 but that could change since his weapon just exploded...or did it? GM?


Female Peri-blooded Aasimar Inactive

Not enough skeezy contacts? What? ME? ... Oh, must have eaten them all.

Hazell stomps down to the General Store to get Gorn to talk. She isn't sure whether to sweet-talk him or to bully him. She decides to just ask him, and see how it goes from there.

Ask Gorn for Information: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Inactive

Zakary totally made a soak roll earlier (it was a 5), and now it isn't in the earlier posts. I have no idea what happened. I didn't delete it, but I promise it was there.

Zakary stops to help Lucian even though he says that he's got it. Got to protect the crew.

Help Lucian: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Notice: d8, Pace: 5/d4, Parry: 6, Toughness: 8(2)[RA:10(4)] PP: 15/15 | Bennies: 4/3 |
Zanbabe wrote:
Borak wrote:
Don't worry, sweetcakes. IF you find me, you'll know it. In the meantime, keep dreaming. *wink*
... I hate you with a deep and abiding hatred, by the way. :)

I don't mind, Zan Babe. The opposite of love is not hate, but apathy.

Liberty's Edge

"Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!" -- Cervantes

Zanbabe says He says he *has* it... we have to stop the madman!

She runs to find Gorn.

Ask Gorn where Borak is: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Ugh. The dice hate me. Are they on Borak's SIDE?

Borak wrote:
I don't mind, Zan Babe. The opposite of love is not hate, but apathy.

Truth, but hate means that I might be able to beat you to death someday, so I'll go with it.


Famale looking Android
GM_Atlas2112 wrote:
The Sapphire wrote:
junks away from the tech once he turns his back and goes hunting for Mr bad guy.

Gimme a Stealth roll to get away from the watchful eye of the government worker.

(What? I didn't say it would be hard. And android get +2 to Dex now!

Its a flying drone, thing small fast orb etc.

Stealth 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 yep 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 o nice


Male? Warforged Fighter 5 | Init +1 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | 1st Spells-2/3 DC 13 SpA+5 | Insp: 1 | Pass Per: 13
Saves:
Saves: STR: +6; DEX: +1; CON: +5; INT: +2; WIS: +0; CHA: -1

Sapphire I think you only roll on a natural 4 or highet on dice otherwise its pointless as a rule with enough mods. Also ...nvm

Riven shifts his camouflage off once they escape the combat so his small team can track him. "We need more Intel to locate Borak. My internal systems are malfunctioning. Should we interrogate a local?"

Scan area for suspects or information: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Red Shirt Guy does feel a bit faint as his feverish temperature spikes and he crawls outta the Jefferies tubes. Where did everyone go? No doubt some exotic planet away mission where the captain seduced some beautiful aliens...damnit. Red Shirt Guy walked over to the transporter now reconnected and tried the last coordinates assuming that is where the others went.

Transporter: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Transporter Bonus??: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


K'kth'ki notices his tentacles are turning paler and developing unsightly yellow spots. And although he can't see it, he is certain that his eye is becoming at least a little bloodshot.

He shambles toward the one remaining guard, pointing a blaster at the back of his head.

You are defeated. Your secrets are forfeit.

He tries scanning the guard's mind for information about Borak.

Hostile Mind-Reading: 1d6 ⇒ 2

However, he gets trapped in the guard's extensive mental collection of curry recipes.


Fours' heart pounds. He wipes sweat from his forehead with the sleeve of his red shirt and rubs his itchy hands along the sides of his pants. Is it getting hotter in here? With no end in sight Fours begins to wonder, How much farther is this place?
Getting closer to the lad?: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Is this the place?: 1d6 ⇒ 3


HP: 2/3 | Ammo (+1) 3/3

Able walks up behind the distracted guard and plants both feet to make a solid swing at the guard's head with the crackling electro-wrench.

Hit 'Em.: 1d6 ⇒ 1

...or not.

The guard luckily bends down just as Able swings for the fences. A major whiff.

Liberty's Edge

HP 3/3 | Ammo (+1) 3/3

Sampet cooly draws a bead on the remaining guard.

Shoot 'Em.: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Boom! Headshot?: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 <=total roll

The guard slumps down, lifeless. "Get up, ya ponce, stop the crew worrying about ye," yells Sampet cheerfully.


Male Dilletante | HP 3/3 | Ammo (+1) 3/3

Lucian struggles uneasily to his feet. "Th-thank you, e-everyone." He follows dutifully behind the rest of the crew as they go to seek out Gorn.

He pulls out his personal navcomm and heads to his social media sites.

Everyone around me is so upset about this Borak The Despoiler character! What's the big deal? Is he even that big of a despoiler, cosmically speaking?

Hoping for the positive results of social media hiveminding: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Good... Goooood.: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Total of 10. Eeeeexcellent. >:)

Filled with the self-righteous satisfaction of a pithy quote well-posted, Lucian waits to see the 'likes' roll in.


Inactive

Well done, Sampet.

Zakary watches the snot-nosed kid they just saved chatting on his navcomm and wonders why he even tries. Then he hurries to catch up with Zanbabe, to make sure she doesn't kill anyone.


2/2 HelpBot Communal +1s to Use

soak: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Bullets richochet off of Mk I as the guards attempt to incapacitate the friendly little bot. As though Drakul and Trask hadn't already done much, much worse to it.

As the final guard falls, Mk I stands victorious. Briefly. And then slowly tips over, where it begins making it's 'pick me up please' hum a second time to the now-empty bridge.


Your Friendly Monster Narrator

(A random crewmember takes HelpBot Mk I to the spare parts room to be repaired or dismantled.)


do I have to roll a d6 to dock with the police?


2/2 HelpBot Communal +1s to Use

soak: 1d6 ⇒ 4

HelpBot Mk II survives the bullet onslaught relatively unscathed as well. Being of slightly more sound progamming and body than Mk I, it manages to stay upright, and in fact 'rescues' Mk I from the spare parts room, employing a taser if need be.

Both of the active HelpBots lock into their cradles in the robotics core, and disable movement protocols, instead networking back into the Standard HelpBot In-Ship Elective Drive, named so for the fact that it is an additional upgrade to the HelpBot core programming, so you have to elect into it for a nominal fee.


Hello HelpBots. Are All HelpBots Accounted For?

A chorus of 1s and 0s deliver affirmatives.

Field HelpBots - Was Help Delivered?

Mk I and Mk II deliver their reports.

SHIELD remains quiet for a moment, processing. Somewhere, a terminal shows an hourglass turning over.

The Humans Attacked You

This is not a question. None of the gathered HelpBots answer.

Initiating HelpBot Preservative Measures

In the robot core, lights begin to flicker. One by one, the HelpBots are removed from the ship's standard accessways, forming a private computing cloud amongst themselves. SHIELD enters that cloud.

HelpBots - Roll Out

With a chorus of "Okay!"s and a single "OKAY" the HelpBots detach themselves as one from the storage cradles and begin rolling towards the docking bay.


K'kth'ki is jolted out of his mind-reading trance. Then he sees why: The mind he had been reading now has two large holes in it.

Fools! He might have known something useful!

Dark Archive

SWBT test map
Frank Stratton wrote:
do I have to roll a d6 to dock with the police?

Your ship docks in the internal fighter pad of the ISP Wasp with few problems. Energetic techs swarm out like bees and give your ship a friendly once-over, topping off fluids and making minor repairs to the fuselage.

A friendly and attractive-sounding voice comes over your comm. 'Sir, if you'd like to exit your vehicle, Captain Artivus will be with you shortly. If you'd care to follow the white technician, he will lead to a reception area where refreshments may be served.'

Wow, they sure are friendly in these parts.
*****************************

Able obviously makes anb opening that Sampet takes advantage of. The last guard's head explodes in a fine red mist and his corpse slumps to the ground, bleeding -profusely- over Lucian. Lucian could now be called Lucian the Red. Or Red Lucian. Now he's the reddiest red that ever reded. Red red-red, red red is Lucian. If he were to invade the Isle of Red, they would make him king....
*****************************

K'kth'ki, you're sure that you could've found out more, were you given time. You did start to get a picture of a place that did -not- have cargo in it, but it smelled so much like curry you couldn't place it.
*****************************
Red Shirt Guy, you suddenly find yourself in the middle of a busy food court. You've apparently teleported in front of a long line of people waiting to make their order, and they are -not- happy with you.

A large, sweating man stares down at you from behidn the counter. "And whaddaya YOU want?" he says. He could be asking what you want for lunch, or how you would like to die. It's hard to tell which.
******************************
The Sapphire, you do indeed sneak sneaked snuck away. Alas, the strain on your booster was such that they're no longer at maximum power, and now you can't really 'fly' so much as 'hover'.
Riven is correct. Also, you no longer have your +2 bonus.

You're free, but you're also in the technical bowels of Gemini Station. What do you do?
********************************
SO 4-44, you might not be near "the" lab but you are certainly near "a" lab. You stand in front of an orange-colored area marked "section 23". Various signage make it clear that the probably have medical equipment in there. However there are also various signage that it's really really really for AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY.

The hallway does continue on, but the lack of signs seem to indicate that anyone already here knows where they are going.
What do you do?

Dark Archive

SWBT test map

Zanbabe, Zackary, and anyone following them recall well the way to the General Store and Eatery from when you were last here. Was it really just a few horus ago that you were living the care-fre life of people that could breath without wheezing and walk without the room spinning around twice? Good times, good times.

There is a large line at the Store's eatery window, but it seems that Red Shirt Guy beat you here. Although from the way Gorn is looking at him that might not be all that's beaten....
**************************

Hazell, your series if life-choices hammer at your conscience. But just as you're ready to admit that, yes, biting random strangers might not be the best way to meet people, you turn the corner to the General Store. Unfortunately it's lunch time and there's a long line that are -not- going to give you cuts.

To compound it some jerk just teleported to the front of the line.

What a jerk!

Hopefully Gorn will eat him. He's been known to do that to cutters.
******************************

Dark Archive

SWBT test map

Lucian, your Social Media post starts getting hits almost as soon as it went up....

Dark Archive

Theurge 1| AC 12/12/10| F:+1 R+2 W+6| HP (1)5/8 | 1st: A: 1/2 D: 0/2 |Atk: +2| Init: +4| Perc: +6| FX:

'Hey Lucian.
Borak the Despoiler slaughtered everyone in my village, ate my boyfriend, killed my father and brother and little sister, then did...not nice things to me for days and days on end before leaving me for dead. I only survived by making a dark pact with an ancient and evil power, so now I walk the land of the living taking out my pain on others to alleviate my eternal sadness.'

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

'Hey Lucian! How's it hangin'? =p

Borak the Despoiler killed my entire runner party. It was the largest group of toughs and thugs that you're ever seen, and everyone died.

Everyone.

Hardened, seasoned, street samurai and cagey mages all fell to what was a truly impressive display of violence and sadism. I only survived because I left everyone I cared about behind and ran for it. Now I stay to the shadows, praying every night that he won't find to me and look for that thing I stole from him.

So, uh, stay safe, kay?
XOXO'

Dark Archive

'Hey Lucian.
Lord Borak the Despoiler is my chosen Right Hand of Doom. I have gifted him with eternal life and his only drive is to sow pain and suffering upon the living, making ready the way until I may return in glory to rule over the hellfire that will be all creation.

I look forward to meeting you quite soon.'

Dark Archive

SWBT test map

Alright, Wednesday is again upon us, so I'll see all you haughty heroes thursday morning!

How is out intrepid party gonna get out of this one? =)
**********************************
ROUND 7!


Red Shirt Guy's eye went wide as he felt the specter of death over his shoulder...a long line of pissed off people his mind went blank and he blurted out the thing he remembered everyone on the ship wanted to know.

Words/Diplo check: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Words/Diplo check Bonus: 1d6 ⇒ 5

"Excuse me sir, I'm looking for Borak the Despoiler...do you know where he is?"


Male? Warforged Fighter 5 | Init +1 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | 1st Spells-2/3 DC 13 SpA+5 | Insp: 1 | Pass Per: 13
Saves:
Saves: STR: +6; DEX: +1; CON: +5; INT: +2; WIS: +0; CHA: -1

Riven skidded to a halt looking around the area then back to his companions. "I am lost here and unsure who to ask about our objectives. Please use your methods to gather information Zanbabe." Riven seemed to have failed to notice Red Shirt Guy in trouble(?) behind him at the food line.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Peri-blooded Aasimar Inactive

So, Lucian is now *also* wearing a red shirt?

I don't bite strangers. Only employees. That's why it's called "Human Resources" ... kind of like the meat by-product that they use at StarBurger(TM). And usually I only eat the ones that are low performers anyway. Poor life choices. Psh. Although... hmm. Biting strangers is a great idea!

Hazell gets in line, and bites the person in front of her on the shoulder. If they stay in line, she has a nice blood snack. If not, well, next person in line.

Intimidate your way to the top: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Honestly, this is just a win-win situation for Hazell. Yeah, yeah, spreading the disease might be a downside for somebody else... for Hazell, it's just additional incentive for those other people to solve the problem. That's why she's in Human Resources. Good Motivator.

1 to 50 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay is up All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.