DM Khel's Core Goblin Guild (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


1 to 50 of 364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

| DM | Absalom Initiation

Dot in here, y'all.

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Core dot.

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

oh dear!


dot

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

Pharaoh dot!

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

During the long voyage to Varisia, Oldmar scribbles furiously in his cabin. Just hours before the ship's arrival in Magnimar, he proudly announces a completed chapter of his next book to all and sundry.

Historic dot.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Standing just within the entrance gates of Heidmarch Manor, Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch greets the new arrivals. “Welcome to Varisia, welcome to the city of Magnimar, welcome to the Pathfinder Lodge of Heidmarch Manor, but most importantly, welcome to my home,” she says in her low, breathy voice, finishing with a warm smile. “Varisia is a land of ancient wonders and exciting possibilities,” she continues, “and I’ve found it most helpful to keep a team of Pathfinders on call at the lodge at all times, should anything of interest to the Society come up unexpectedly. This assignment is only temporary. We’ll rotate in a new team to take your places in a few weeks, but rest assured, there’s plenty of potential for you to make a name for yourselves as Pathfinders here.

“I’ve arranged for you to stay in Bakrakhan House, one of our guest cottages, for the duration of your stay here. It’s currently unoccupied, so you’ll have the place to yourselves. You’re on duty starting tomorrow morning, so take some time to settle in, wrap up any unfinished business you have in the city today, and should the Society have need of you, I’ll contact you directly.”

“Ebrylis, if you could show them the way, please,” Sheila says as she turns and departs. A half-elf guardsman steps forward. “This way, please,” Ebrylis says. He leads the party past a large pond, around a circular, glassed-in greenhouse, and down a long path running along the west side of the manor house. Tucked against the perimeter wall behind the main house is a row of three smaller structures. When they come into view, Ebrylis gestures and says, “Bakrakhan House is the one in the middle there. I’m sure you’ll want to unpack, set up your bunks, and so on. Dinner’s at sunset in the manor’s dining room. Look for me at the gate if you need anything else. I’ll leave you to it.” With that, Ebrylis strolls back down the path.

Bakrakhan House is a cozy stone cottage with a slate-shingled roof and stained glass windows depicting colorful Varisian designs. The ground floor consists of a den centered around a wide stone hearth, a small kitchen with a side dining area, and an exterior sun porch. A loft on the second story loft contains private sleeping quarters for up to eight people. The sleeping rooms are not large, but they are snug and well-built, with small windows to let in the sea air.

After a brief contest of wills over who gets which bunkroom, everyone sets their packs down and gets acquainted with the place. Sobestian suggests a walk around the grounds, and leads the way, following the path that circles the manor. The gardens are well kept and lovely, and the corner opposite Bakrakhan House features an intriguing hedge maze which might merit a return visit at some point. On returning to the house, some of the newly-arrived Pathfinders opt to head upstairs and rest a bit, others are in the mood to enjoy the pleasant den, and still others choose to sit out in front of the little house and enjoy the afternoon breeze off the ocean.

Map is linked above – though really just for colorful reference at this point. Please indicate if you’d like to be upstairs, downstairs or outside. And let’s have some Perception checks!

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Rokdor moves around the room looking for a drink, then goes to sit by the large fireplace, admiring the furniture and sipping her ale.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

Oldmar has had enough of the sea air. He remains inside, quietly writing the introduction to the next chapter (Orcish Views on the Sky-Citadels: Monuments to Atrocity).

Perceive Surroundings: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Welcome back! Yes, it is I, the Godking himself, Pharaoh Hakotep Flaxseed! You should be proud to be graced with my presence and I am sure that you are."

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Perceptidorf: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Oops, just realized I still need to level dorf.

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC 16/T:11/FF:15 -Init +3; Senses Perception +2 Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +2

Gaelwyn drops his bags in an upstairs room and steps back out into the sun and air to find a quiet spot for some exercise and sword practice.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Sobestian opts to join Rokdor, Oldmar and Hakotep to discuss their past adventures, though Oldmar finds the half-elf’s prattling more than a little distracting as he attempts to compose his thoughts. Meanwhile, the newcomer, Gaelwyn, steps outside to take in the sea air and maintain his powerful physique.

After tolerating the intrusion into his thoughts for an almost polite interval, Oldmar collects his notes and pens and makes his way up the stairs, where he hears something coming from one of the bunkrooms! Stepping into the open door, he sees a female goblin rifling through Gaelwyn’s bag! Even for a goblin, she’s a bit on the small side, with bluish-grey skin and bits of bone jewelry hanging off her ears, neck and wrists.

As Oldmar appears, she pulls her head out of Gaelwyn’s pack and lets out a surprised ”Yeerk!” and bolts for the window. Unsurprisingly, she’s goblin-quick and very nimble, and she launches herself out the window and darts for the wall of the compound!

And now, a chase! Oldmar gets an action in the surprise round, the rest of y’all will have to wait. I expect some of you know these rules better than I, but here’s a reminder of the chase rules for reference. The short version, each round you can choose to do one of the following:

1. Stay on your square and use a Standard Action (attack, cast…)
2. Move one square by overcoming one obstacle of your choice.
3. Pass both checks on your square to move 3 squares (If you fail both, you get no move and lose your next turn. If you fail one by 5+, no move. If you make only one, you move only one. Clear?)

DM Screen:

Sobestian Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Initiative, Hakotep: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative, Oldmar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Initiative, Rokdor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Initiative, Sobestian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Initiative, Gaelwyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Initiative, Goblin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Goblin Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Initiative:
Gaelwyn
Sobestian
Oldmar
Rokdor
Hakotep

Goblin

Oldmar gets his surprise round action, then everyone can take their regular turns, since I rolled so badly for the gobber’s initiative.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

"Oi!" Oldmar blurts out, in uncharacteristically dorfish fashion. Surprise round: As the wheels in his mind try to rapidly shift gears, his muscles take over. "THIEF! THIEF ON THE LAWN!!!" he yells, grabbing his waraxe from where it was leaning against the wall.

Regular turn: Eschewing caution, Oldmar tries after the goblin, axe in hand. Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 FAIL

However, he had forgotten about the backpack, which he now trips over. Realizing he's lost his lead, he moves down the stairs as quick as he can.

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

I thought you could move one square and also take a standard action?

Rokdor, hearing the yelling, hurries outside!

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

@Rokdor: if you already passed the test on that square (say, the round before) you could potentially move to the next square and then take a standard to cast a spell rather than attempting the obstacle(s).

Hakotep leaps out after the goblin!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Human Cleric 2 - HP: 14/17 - AC 18 T:10/FF:18 -Init +4 Speed: 30; Senses Perception +4 ;Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +6

Gaelwyn hears Oldmar's shout and sees the fleet goblin leaping through the window and sprints to try to grab the goblin before she can make it over the wall.

"Out here on the lawn - she's going for a crack in the wall!"

As the goblin darts for the crack in the Gaelwyn realizes there's no way he will get through so decides to go over...

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 assuming I need to modify my climb check down by 2 for my reduced speed...

...and easily clears the wall to land in the street hoping to block the goblins egress.

I'm not really sure how the chase rules work here - what happens when you are on a no obstacle card? Can you move 3 cards ahead since there's nothing to check? And when does the chase end? So I was on the lawn card with no obstacles I am assuming I can automatically move to the wall card - do I climb the wall now or next action?

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]
Chase Rules wrote:
Using the base assumption of 30-foot cards, it takes a move action to move through a single card. When a character exits from a card, he must choose one of that card's two obstacles to face as a standard action before moving to the next card. Success means the character moves to the next card, while failure means the character must face the obstacle again on the next round. Instead of exiting a card, a character can choose to take another action not directly related to navigating the chase's course, such as casting a spell or drawing a weapon.

So, I think based on that Rokdor would be able to move through both of the no-obstacle squares and onto the Manor Outer Wall (starting on House Downstairs, move to Outside, move to Manor Outer Wall), but not attempt the obstacle there... that right?


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Oldmar alerts his fellow Pathfinders and then leaps into action, stumbling over Gaelwyn’s backpack and scattering trail rations across the floor! Meanwhile, Gaelwyn, immediately ready for action, runs to the wall and nimbly scales it, landing on the far side ready to catch any passing goblins! Rokdor’s powerful legs churn away, carrying her outside of the house and to the base of the wall, which seems to tower impossibly high above her. Hakotep shows just how agile a Godking can be, seeming to fly out the window and land adroitly by the wall of the manor!

Initiative:
Gaelwyn
Sobestian
Oldmar
Rokdor
Hakotep
Goblin

Question for y’all: Gaelwyn, having reached the same square as the goblin, could have taken a standard action to grapple, attack, or do something else to her. But he didn’t, because he was following the rules as I laid them out. So, when the goblin moves to or past him, does he get another opportunity to do that (like an AoO)? Or does he need to get into her square with a standard action left, or get ahead with a readied action, in order to get her? Or am I overcomplicating this?

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

Sorry, wasn't showing updates.

Sobestian would have been upstairs.

"Oh dear! What's going on? A goblin? Did we bring one back with us? I can't remember." Seeing the god king leap out the window, Sobestian blindly follows. "For king and country!"

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

When I've run this and played it. Everyone started upstairs, so even if you took the stairs and moved through the two (no obstacle) cards, you wouldn't be able to catch the goblin on the first round. As far as the situation now, I've never seen an AoO on a chase scene, but maybe he could get an AoO to grapple?

I didn't see where he started, but assuming he started in the downstairs, it would have been a move to get through the downstairs card and a move to get through the outside of the house card, so he would have no actions left. So even though they're on the same card, he would need her to fail her checks, or make both checks to move forward and have a standard left. Make sense?


| DM | Absalom Initiation

I agree, I've never seen an AoO on a chase, I just want to be fair in the implementation of it. We'll see what happens with everyone’s rolls and go from there.

Sobestian fails to follow Hakotep’s graceful example in leaping through the air, but at least he manages to avoid killing himself by falling out the window. At the base of the wall, the goblin attempts to squeeze through a crack in the wall, but discovers she can’t quite fit! She scans frantically for any other way through, but makes no progress!

DM Screen:

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Initiative:
Gaelwyn
Sobestian
Oldmar
Rokdor
Hakotep

Goblin

Y’all are up!

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Is da gobwin wielding a weapon?


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Nope. May be a disappointing chase for the ol' DM...

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Rokdor quickly darts forward and tries to grab the little creature!

Grapple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Or not... :)

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

Hakotep chases the goblin down and calls out in Goblin, "Halt! By order of the Pharaoh of Little Creatures! What were you doing? I won't let the dwarf hurt you if you stop!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


| DM | Absalom Initiation

The goblin easily sidesteps Rokdor’s fumbling attempt at a grapple, but pauses a moment when Hakotep calls out to her. She gives the diminutive Godking a fierce, evaulating look, as if trying to scare him and weigh his intentions in the same moment. Responding in the same tongue, she shouts back, ”Ekkie no believe what longshanks say, even little longshanks who talk goblin talk!”

Initiative:
Gaelwyn
Sobestian
Oldmar

Rokdor
Hakotep
Goblin

Bold are up!

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC 16/T:11/FF:15 -Init +3; Senses Perception +2 Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +2

So since I'm in the same square but on the other side of the wall, I guess I make a climb check then a grapple check....

Gaelwyn can hear the confrontation continuing on the other side of the wall and decides to climb back over and grab the Goblin.

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"c'mere you!" Gaelwyn yells as he leaps from the wall to try to grab the distracted Goblin.

I didn't take -2 on my Grapple check - if I should have please adjust.

-Posted with Wayfinder


| DM | Absalom Initiation

The goblin hears something atop the wall and looks up to see Gaelwyn coming back over the top. Hakotep and Rokdor hear her say admiringly in Goblin, ”You good climber, longshanks,” as she stares upwards. So taken is she by Gaelwyn’s athleticism, she fails to realize what is about to happen, and he drops to the ground next to her and grabs her!

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC 16/T:11/FF:15 -Init +3; Senses Perception +2 Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +2

"I got her." Gaelwyn calls to his fellow Pathfinders. "Now hold still you! " he says to the wriggling Goblin as he makes sure he has both hands pinned.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

Oldmar chases after the rest of the group, going to long way down the stairs. "Ah, good thing you wanted some exercise, Gaelwyn. That goblin was riffling through your pack." He takes a close look at her hands to see if she's got anything in her wriggling balled fists.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

DM Screen:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

The goblin wriggles and writhes energetically, and Gaelwyn feels like he's trying to keep a hold of a nest of live eels, but he just manages to keep his grip on her!

"Let Ekkie go!" she cries in Goblin, her tone a bit less fierce and a bit more pleading.

Oldmar can see, in the course of her struggles, that she's got nothing in her hands. However, his acute historian's eye does note that she's armed with a well-made dogslicer (if such a thing can be imagined) and leather armor, and wears a small backpack in addition to the bits of bone and beads hanging from various parts of her.

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

"Be gentle with her," Hakotep commands. He then speaks to Ekkie in Goblin again, "We'll ease up if you promise not to run away and to come back with us so we can talk. No pain, I promise. But if you do not cooperate, you will suffer the wrath of the Godking. Now would you like to come back with us?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Ekkie responds in her own language, "No like to come with you, no! But longshanks got me, I come. But what 'gokking'?"

She ceases her struggling and waits for the party to take her where they will.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

She has surrendered, and seems at least marginally less hostile towards Hakotep? Where will you take her?

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

Back to the house, I guess.

"Back we go, then." Oldmar listens to the conversation, but spends more time poking through the house to see if anything was stolen--especially any of his notes or manuscripts.

Take 20 Perception for 25.

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

Hakotep does whatever is required to keep the goblin less hostile and more cooperative. As soon as everyone gets back inside, he catches the nearest servant and tells him to inform Sheila of the development.

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

Sobestian smiles down at the little goblin and pats her on the shoulder. "Don't worry Achey. We won't hurt you. We are friends of goblins! We helped protect some goblins in the far north. It was quite fun. They told me lots of stories!" Sobestian says in Common.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Rokdor grunts at the claim of friendship, but tries to look a little less threatening anyway.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

From the other side of the room, Oldmar flashes Sobestian a frown and mutters under his breath. "Orcs, maybe; not goblins. Nasty buggers, this kind."


| DM | Absalom Initiation

As the party makes their way back to their little house, Ekkie walks along dejectedly, seeming to pay no mind to Sobestian’s comments in Common. Moments later, Venture-Captain Heidmarch arrives at Bakrakhan House just as the Pathfinders do. ”Nice work, I’m told you captured a thief. Clearly, I selected the right group to have on duty here.”

She studies Ekkie carefully a moment, then says, "I assume you’ve already searched her, to see if she made off with anything? I suggest you take her inside and question her. It seems unlikely that she’d make her way in here on her own, so she may be working for someone. Find out who, and why she was here robbing the lodge. Then follow up on what you learn. I’ve some business to attend to, but I trust you’ll handle this competently.”

With that, she turns and walks away, headed for the manor house.

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC 16/T:11/FF:15 -Init +3; Senses Perception +2 Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +2

Once we get back into the lodge Gaelwyn searches Ekkie and says "We know from Oldmar that she was in my room, could someone check the other rooms to see if she was anywhere else in this place?"

Then more sternly to Ekkie "What were you looking to take from us?"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Ekkie does not respond to Gaelwyn’s question, she just looks at him, then makes a face and shrugs. But searching the little goblin thief reveals much of what one would expect to find – and a few surprises. She’s got well-made weapons and armor, and some cunningly crafted lockpicks in a pouch on her belt, but it’s the contents of her backpack that are most intriguing: a small potion flask, a goblin skull polished by much handling, a bundle of some sort of dried meat, wrapped in cloth marked with the symbol of a horse’s silhouette with a variety of lines dissecting it, and a wayfinder inscribed with the name ‘Joadric Heimurl.’

Once Gaelwyn has sorted through all these items and laid them on the floor for the others to look at, his eye is caught by Ekkie’s beaded necklace, which looks finer than the crude bone jewelry she otherwise wears. When he reaches up to her neck and holds the necklace, he can see the strand is not what it seems. Rather, it is a golden chain from which hang a number of golden spheres.

Spellcraft, DC 16:
The flask contains a potion of cure light wounds.

Spellcraft, DC 25:
The necklace is a necklace of fireballs with two 2d6 fireballs remaining.

Please make Diplomacy or Intimidate checks if you’re going to try to influence her view of you and actually get her to answer questions. Even those who have already tried can try again.

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Improving attitude:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"Now, Ekkie, you must listen to me and be good. I am the Pharaoh of the little folk. That means I am your god, king, and protector. I promise that no one will steal your soul by writing your name if you can just tell us what you were doing here and who sent you."

Request Information:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Assuming Hakotep speaks to her in goblin:

Ekkie’s eyes widen as Hakotep explains who he is, and her mouth gradually drops open. You king of goblins? That make no sense. But you say you’re fay-roh, ok.”

She pauses, as if drawing breath, and launches into a long explanation of what she was doing at Heidmarch Manor. ”You know the Nightsoil Marauders? Ekkie is a Marauder too! Even out in the swamp, we heard stories about Nightsoil Marauders—a gang of goblins in the longshanks city. When Murg tried to bite off my ear—again!—I left the swamp and came to the city to join up. I met some other goblins outside the city and they sneaked me inside. They took me through the smelly tunnels and made me wait outside their lair. An important-looking goblin with a big, dangly hat came out and stared at me. He said his name was Versevosh. I thought he was the boss, but he said that the big boss is much scarier than him. Versevosh said rude things about me and my tribe and said I’d have to prove myself if I wanted to join the gang. He said I’d have to steal shiny things from a tribe of longshanks in the city. He showed me drawings of what to look for. So I came here and looked.”

Taking a brief moment to breathe, Ekkie glances at skull laid out on floor, an almost wistful look in her eye, if a goblin is capable of that emotion. ”You give back Plarg?”

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Rokdor stands by while the others question the goblin, a dwarfly glare on her face. She'll aid the next person's social check.

Aid Bluff, Intimidate, or Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
Or not!

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

"Plarg?" Oldmar asks with a frown.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Ekkie eyes Oldmar suspiciously when he speaks, as if she's surprised he speaks Goblin. She points at the skull on the floor and says, "Plarg!" She then moves cautiously towards it, uncertain whether her captors will stop her, or hurt her, or worse. When she reaches the skull, she snatches it up and holds it close, one hand stroking the bony pate.

With a tone of relief in her voice, she says, "Plaaaaarg."

Rokdor - the flask contains a potion of cure light wounds, the necklace you can't figure out. But the wayfinder does have someone's name on it...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

"Plarg" is Goblin for "Wilson".

Rokdor picks up the wayfinder and looks it over, then reaches over and taps Hakotep on the shoulder. Not letting on to "Ekkie" that she speaks Goblin, she says, "Might wanna ask her about this. Don't know who he is or was, but I bet the Society'll wanna know how she got it."

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

Sobestian looks over Rokdor's shoulder, peering at the wayfinder.

KN: local? (Joadric Heimurl): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"She's was told to steal the wayfinder?" Sobestian asks.

1 to 50 of 364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Core Kalkamedes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.