DM Dr Evil's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Book 2 Seven Days to the Grave - A mysterious illness threatens peace and stability in Korvosa.

Orc Attack map

Loot Tracker


301 to 350 of 2,321 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

The group arrives at Zellara's just as a large explosion of arcane energy lights up the night sky up Citadel Hill from your location, in the rough location of the Acadamae (you think).

As you approach the home, you remember the place being a well-kept little cottage with a nice garden and decor out front, but the house you approach is a ramshackle affair, in need of repair, looking like it has been abandoned for several weeks. The door is ajar, and the house is dark and quiet inside.


Arcanist 1| AC 12 , FF 10 T 12| HP 7/7| Perception +1| Lvl 1 4/4, Cantrip at will
Graxton Soth wrote:
"Where is his head?" He asks looking around for something that might hold a head, looking at the hatbox...

"At the bottom of the river with the rest of him. I tried to get the crocodile to eat him instead of you. I made sure he was dead dead before that though."

When they reach the house. "Perhaps our other worldly patron has moved on now that she has been avenged."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human F Human CN Inquisitor 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 9/9 | F +4 R +3 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Viviana looks for the small Desnan artifact she saw earlier, but, finding it missing, looks to the others. "Not what I remember," she says, staring at the door.

The woman's bow has not returned to her back since the affair with the priests. "Perhaps caution is in order."


M Half-elf CN Rogue 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +6 W +4 (+2) | Init +5 | Perc +8

"You have that right..." says Rodan. Waving at the others to remain where they are, he moves off the street and across the threshold of the small cottage, trusting to his elven eyesight to let him perceive anything hiding in the shadows within.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Vital:
HP: 19/21, AC: 17_ T: 10_ FF: 17, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7, Initiative: +0, F: +4 _ R: +1 _ W: +6, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -4, Appraise +4, Bluff +1, Climb -1, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Escape Artist -7, Intimidate+3, K(Nob/Rel/Pla) +4, Linguistics +0, Ride -4, Stealth -7, Spellcraft +4, Survival +3, Swim -1

Graxton nods and looks for any threats on the raod, "We will wait for a signal or the sounds of a struggle, do you still have that bird whistle?"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Perception Check.


Arcanist 1| AC 12 , FF 10 T 12| HP 7/7| Perception +1| Lvl 1 4/4, Cantrip at will

"Your caution is not necessary. We have completed Zellara's request and have thus placated her spirit. She means us no harm. Further, if she is still here, it is only to give us her thanks. However, I will wait here with the others, at least until the angry mobs force us to follow you inside."


M Half-elf CN Rogue 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +6 W +4 (+2) | Init +5 | Perc +8

Pausing halfway through the door, the rogue looks back over his shoulder at Graxton. "Bird whistle? This is Korvosa - any birds roosting here were eaten by the imps and the pseudo-dragons long ago. And you're probably right Crux, but it's never a bad idea to make sure first..." Rodan then steps inside the cottage to 'make sure' there's no threat within.


Male Human Paladin 3 | HP 21/28 | 20ft | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | F +6 | R +4 | W +6 | INIT +3 | PERC +4 | SMITE 1/1 | LOH 3/3 1d6+2

"I will go if you wish. A paladin has nothing to fear from restless spirits. I would see that she has some peace that she could not attain in her life..


At the front door the darkness of the place is a little unsettling. Assuming you fix some light source, you can see the inside of the house mirrors this version of the outside. There are no tapestry wall-hangings like you remember, no food or basket, the only furniture inside is broken into pieces and scattered over the floor.

As you begin to peer around, a spectral image of Zellara the Varisian fortune-teller appears in the room. Her image is a shimmering image that flickers a little and is semi-translucent. But she speaks in a clear voice:


""I must apologize my friends for deceiving you. But the greater good needed to be served. By recovering my Harrow Deck, you allow my contact with you from beyond the grave. Even this contact would not occur without a dramatic need."

"Korvosa is undergoing convulsions, my friends, and the city and all who live here are in peril. My Deck will assist you in saving the city should you choose to take on this task. The Harrow Deck has several powers, but the most important is the connection it allows with my spirit. I will come to you from time to time and read your futures, these readings may give you certain advantages throughout these hard times. I beg you to keep the Deck safe and consult me if you are troubled by events."

"Additionally, the Harrow Deck can be used 3 times per day to identify magical properties of items by touching a card to the enchanted goods."

"Now, ask me what questions you will for my time to manifest in this way is short."


M Half-elf CN Rogue 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +6 W +4 (+2) | Init +5 | Perc +8

Cursing to himself, Rodan turns and quickly steps out of the haunted cottage, away from the fortune-teller's ghost. "This one is all yours Kalvin. I'll keep watch out here..."


Vital:
HP: 19/21, AC: 17_ T: 10_ FF: 17, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7, Initiative: +0, F: +4 _ R: +1 _ W: +6, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -4, Appraise +4, Bluff +1, Climb -1, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Escape Artist -7, Intimidate+3, K(Nob/Rel/Pla) +4, Linguistics +0, Ride -4, Stealth -7, Spellcraft +4, Survival +3, Swim -1

Once Rodan reappears Graxton asks, "Well what was that call, or sound you used to make, was it of a psudo dragon?" Graxton slightly off his game from being out so long, just ponders on one idea.


Arcanist 1| AC 12 , FF 10 T 12| HP 7/7| Perception +1| Lvl 1 4/4, Cantrip at will

Crux takes a nervous look over the city. "See? Nothing to be concerned about. Let's get inside and barricade ourselves in." He takes another nervous look before going into the decrepit cottage.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human F Human CN Inquisitor 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 9/9 | F +4 R +3 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

"Barricade ourselves inside? If there's a revolution brewing, I need to return to the people I care about to ensure their safety..."

Viviana is understandably confused and intrigued by Zellara's ghost apparating in front of them. "Curious," she says, a smile on her face. "I'm assuming that you're... intelligent? You can answer my questions?"


Male Human Paladin 3 | HP 21/28 | 20ft | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | F +6 | R +4 | W +6 | INIT +3 | PERC +4 | SMITE 1/1 | LOH 3/3 1d6+2

Kalvin steps forward toward the restless spirit.

"Good spirit, I thank you for your help in bringing justice to Korvosq, but why do you tarry. The defense of this world is up to the Gods and the Living, you have earned your rest. If you knowof some dire threat share it. I am a servant of justice and peace and will do what I can to ensure my home enjoys those blessings. The time for riddles is over, rebellion is in the air and the Hellknights are surely champing at the bit to instill their merciless sense of order on this city."

Kalvin then awaits the response of the spirit, and to judge if her intentions are true.

sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


M Half-elf CN Rogue 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +6 W +4 (+2) | Init +5 | Perc +8

"That 'chirrup' and the 'burr' sound we used to use as kids to signal each other up in the Shingles are pseudo-dragon calls." replies the rogue to Graxton's still-concussed rambling. "Less likely to attract attention than trying to make a bird call in the wrong place, in Korvosa at least." Rodan looks out at the skyline of the city, watching the arcs of arcane fire rising up over the Academy and the Castle, and listening to the sounds of rioting and fighting in not-so-distant districts. "Help me get this cart off the street, Grax. No reason to give any looters a reason to pick a fight with us."


Zellara nods her head once. "Yes, I can answer your questions as best I can, but only for a bit more before I must return."

"The King is dead. Like the City, the spirit world is filled with unrest. Queen Ileosa is now the city's reigning monarch, and she is not popular with the people. The city has always been a powder keg of civil unrest, and now the crowds are rioting in response to the death of their sovereign. The Hellknights of the Order of the Nail have been brought in to help restore order, but their means are, well...not helpful. The city stands on the edge of anarchy and blood will spill if order cannot be restored. Just how that happens, I cannot say yet."

"But that is where you come in my friends. My Harrow Deck summoned you because you have the strength to help the City overcome it's time of crisis without destroying itself. The exact path to that future is still in shadows, but I can guide you in the right direction as the skeins of possible futures unwind themselves."

"Now ask me quickly, as I can feel the pull to return to the spirit world."


Male Human Paladin 3 | HP 21/28 | 20ft | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | F +6 | R +4 | W +6 | INIT +3 | PERC +4 | SMITE 1/1 | LOH 3/3 1d6+2

"Who can we trust? What allies could we seek out in this endeavor?"


Vital:
HP: 19/21, AC: 17_ T: 10_ FF: 17, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7, Initiative: +0, F: +4 _ R: +1 _ W: +6, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -4, Appraise +4, Bluff +1, Climb -1, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Escape Artist -7, Intimidate+3, K(Nob/Rel/Pla) +4, Linguistics +0, Ride -4, Stealth -7, Spellcraft +4, Survival +3, Swim -1

"True true, yes... now we got it." Graxton helps Rodan move the cart around to the side of the abandoned shack. He then encumbers himself with his entire pack, shield and greatsword.

"You got room to carry this extra stuff or should I just bare the burden?" Graxton asks Rodan, in his gruff but friendly manner.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human F Human CN Inquisitor 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 9/9 | F +4 R +3 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

"Where am I-- are we-- needed most, right now, do you think? The city aflame... Never a time have I wished that I could be in two places at once most."

As a Calistrian, that wish comes up more often than you think.


Zellara's spectral form flickers, disappears for few seconds, then reappears more ghostly and translucent than before.

"Allies will come from unusual places and traitors when you least expect them. Beware, heroes, beware...Use the resources you already have, use them wisely..."

And with that, her form disappears and does not return. An explosion shakes the ground and a chorus of shouts from not far away reminds you of the anarchy engulfing the city.

What do you do next?


Male Human Paladin 3 | HP 21/28 | 20ft | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | F +6 | R +4 | W +6 | INIT +3 | PERC +4 | SMITE 1/1 | LOH 3/3 1d6+2

Kalvin shouts out to Crux, Rodan and Grax.

He turns to Viv.

"Do you still have the cards? Keep them close to you. I'm sure we all have loved ones we need to check on. Let's join the others and consider next steps."

As the explosion shakes the ground as Kalvin exits he shouts to Grax, Rodan and Crux.

"Do any of you have family close? We should try to get as many to safety as we can."


M Half-elf CN Rogue 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +6 W +4 (+2) | Init +5 | Perc +8

Rodan can't stop himself from snorting derisively at the paladin's question. "Sure, family... no, there's no-one I need to go and fuss over. As for seeing others to safety, there's a whole damned city out there. If they can't look after themselves then I pity them, but their fate isn't my responsibility. Let's get ourselves somewhere out of the way and wait until this blows over."

Although his words seem harsh, they also lack conviction. I am not going to let this do-gooder drag me into a bloody civil war. And exactly where is safe in Korvosa if that is what's happening anyway?

He gives a sigh, then seems to recant slightly, "But if any of you have need of an extra sword to help get your families to a refuge, then I guess I'll help..."


Vital:
HP: 19/21, AC: 17_ T: 10_ FF: 17, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7, Initiative: +0, F: +4 _ R: +1 _ W: +6, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -4, Appraise +4, Bluff +1, Climb -1, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Escape Artist -7, Intimidate+3, K(Nob/Rel/Pla) +4, Linguistics +0, Ride -4, Stealth -7, Spellcraft +4, Survival +3, Swim -1

"The closest thing I have to a family is around me right now." Indicating Rodan and Crux.
"Not much love for my kind or religion." He states somberly. "It seems we should follow Viviana, and see what we can do to help her friends."


Arcanist 1| AC 12 , FF 10 T 12| HP 7/7| Perception +1| Lvl 1 4/4, Cantrip at will

"The intelligent thing would be to weather the storm here. But if Graxton goes so shall I."


Vital:
HP: 19/21, AC: 17_ T: 10_ FF: 17, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7, Initiative: +0, F: +4 _ R: +1 _ W: +6, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -4, Appraise +4, Bluff +1, Climb -1, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Escape Artist -7, Intimidate+3, K(Nob/Rel/Pla) +4, Linguistics +0, Ride -4, Stealth -7, Spellcraft +4, Survival +3, Swim -1

"That may be the safe thing to do, but I have never been called a safe person, though if someone needs to be protected I am up to helping, it gives me a chance to prove my mettle and bring glory to Gorum!!" He starts calm and build up passion to a exclamation when pronouncing his god's name.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human F Human CN Inquisitor 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 9/9 | F +4 R +3 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Have I got the Harrow deck? I suppose so. Sweet.

Viviana flips the Harrow deck, shuffling the cards before stowing them in her coat pocket. "The girls will need protection. No doubt we've raised some hackles in the past. We may be the devotees of the Lady in the Room, but we know how to reward a good deed if it begs rewarding."

Looking at the others, she smiles. "What about you, Kalvin? No princess to rescue? I'd hate to steal all the attention."


I was thinking you might take this respite to Appraise your loot, split up treasure etc. If you choose to Appraise, it'll take a separate roll for each item on the loot tracker. Aiding another is allowed. If you decide to just wander off in a different direction that's fine, but it's a lot of stuff to carry around.


Arcanist 1| AC 12 , FF 10 T 12| HP 7/7| Perception +1| Lvl 1 4/4, Cantrip at will

I believe we figured that Crux has the highest appraise bonus. Any help would be appreciated.
Teak cigar case w/jade inlay 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
2lb gold ingot 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Miniature gold crown 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Scrimshaw kraken w/garnet eyes 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Silver ring w/inscription 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Ivory carving of succubi 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Abolone holy symbol of Shelyn 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Oil of Keen Edge 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Obsidian Wand 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Silversheen 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
3 vials of clear liquid 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Garnet Amulet 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Pseudodragon/imp brooch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


M Half-elf CN Rogue 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +6 W +4 (+2) | Init +5 | Perc +8

"Fine, I owe the Savored Sting for finally leading me to Lamm, so if your girls need an extra sword you can have mine." says Rodan in reply to the Calistrian enforcer. "I said before I don't have much use for any god, but I know better than to ignore a debt owed to one of them."


Arcanist 1| AC 12 , FF 10 T 12| HP 7/7| Perception +1| Lvl 1 4/4, Cantrip at will

"No, Grax, no. You worship Gorum not Calistria. You don't owe her anything. And you're no stick up his arse paladin like shiny pants over there. We could stay here and fight off the crowds rather than going for a stroll through the smoke-filled streets."


By rule, a DC 20 to Appraise actual value, within 5 gives an semi-accurate range, and less than 15 means a wild guess. I'll just give you ranges where you scored 15 or better and the closer the narrower the range. I'll give the AP value if you get 20+

Miniature gold crown 350gp
Ivory carving of succubi 450gp
Oil of Keen Edge 900gp
3 vials of clear liquid - this turns out to be acid flasks
Pseudodragon/imp brooch - range 750-1250gp

Values updated on Loot Tracker

Liberty's Edge

Female Human F Human CN Inquisitor 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 9/9 | F +4 R +3 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Teak cigar case w/jade inlay ~ 1d20 ⇒ 9
2lb gold ingot ~ 1d20 ⇒ 9
Scrimshaw kraken w/garnet eyes ~ 1d20 ⇒ 8
Silver ring w/inscription ~ 1d20 ⇒ 2
Abolone holy symbol of Shelyn ~ 1d20 ⇒ 17
Obsidian Wand ~ 1d20 ⇒ 15
Silversheen ~ 1d20 ⇒ 19
3 vials of clear liquid ~ 1d20 ⇒ 3
Garnet Amulet ~ 1d20 ⇒ 7
Pseudodragon/imp brooch ~ 1d20 ⇒ 1


Abolone holy symbol of Shelyn - range 275-375
Obsidian Wand ~ 200-500gp
Silversheen ~ 240-275gp

Updated on Loot tracker. The list is getting smaller...


Male Human Paladin 3 | HP 21/28 | 20ft | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | F +6 | R +4 | W +6 | INIT +3 | PERC +4 | SMITE 1/1 | LOH 3/3 1d6+2

I have no intention of making this a PVP, just character building. If you don't like it Crux I can edit or we can ignore.

Kalvin's hand flashes to his longsword, drawing it in a blink. The blade levels, the point far enough away from Crux to not threaten him, but clearly pointing directly at his neck.

"You cost me my best shot at finding my cousin this morning, you scabbed skinned son-of-a-b$#%*. Your mad quest for vengeance nearly got Grax killed," He snarls. Then turns to Grax. "Because while you were being chomped on by the gator, your friend was busy cutting Lamm's already dead throat and pushing him into the water. Instead of helping save you. Now, you don't owe me anything, none of you do. But there are good people in this city. Young children, old men and women who can't fend for themselves. So if you want to hide behind a door and piss your legs like this two-bit conjurer, be my guest. But I'm going to go out there and give the thugs and monsters something to be afraid of."

When he finishes Kalvin steps out into the street and listens carefully for the sounds of the biggest struggles.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Vital:
HP: 19/21, AC: 17_ T: 10_ FF: 17, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7, Initiative: +0, F: +4 _ R: +1 _ W: +6, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -4, Appraise +4, Bluff +1, Climb -1, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Escape Artist -7, Intimidate+3, K(Nob/Rel/Pla) +4, Linguistics +0, Ride -4, Stealth -7, Spellcraft +4, Survival +3, Swim -1

Teak cigar case w/jade inlay ~ 1d20 ⇒ 15
2lb gold ingot ~ 1d20 ⇒ 3
Scrimshaw kraken w/garnet eyes ~ 1d20 ⇒ 10
Silver ring w/inscription ~ 1d20 ⇒ 5
Abolone holy symbol of Shelyn ~ 1d20 ⇒ 19
Obsidian Wand ~ 1d20 ⇒ 5
Silversheen ~ 1d20 ⇒ 2
3 vials of clear liquid ~ 1d20 ⇒ 19
Garnet Amulet ~ 1d20 ⇒ 17
Pseudodragon/imp brooch ~ 1d20 ⇒ 6

Attempting to appraise the items not figured out yet... He would have attempted to aid when they had checked.

"I can still help, helping others is the right thing to do, plus it would not hurt to have the aid of another church or religion in the coming days if the ghost is right. Unless you want to take on all the pillagers on our own. We have already shown that we will take care of each other's backs." Graxton shows wisdom the best he knows.


Teak cigar case w/jade inlay 10-75 gp
Abolone holy symbol of Shelyn - 290-330gp
Garnet Amulet 80-110gp

Loot Tracker reflects these changes. Any others above 10 weren't aid enough to move anyone else to the correct value range.

DM Rolls:
1d10 ⇒ 6

As Kalvin storms outside, he hears a man's voice nearby raised to a pedantic shout over the sounds of the city in turmoil.

"The Eye of Groteus has turned from the Boneyard to look upon Korvosa. Our destruction is nigh at hand!" shouts the man, who appears to be wild-haired and sick looking elderly fellow. He sees you step outside and moves towards you wide-eyed, a string of salive running from a corner of his mouth.

"Is that you? No, it can't be, you're from the dreamworld!" the man shouts pointing at Kalvin


Arcanist 1| AC 12 , FF 10 T 12| HP 7/7| Perception +1| Lvl 1 4/4, Cantrip at will

After Kalvin's accusation, Crux does not look Graxton in the eye as he responds. "If you go, so will I." He prepares his new found wand.


Vital:
HP: 19/21, AC: 17_ T: 10_ FF: 17, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7, Initiative: +0, F: +4 _ R: +1 _ W: +6, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -4, Appraise +4, Bluff +1, Climb -1, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Escape Artist -7, Intimidate+3, K(Nob/Rel/Pla) +4, Linguistics +0, Ride -4, Stealth -7, Spellcraft +4, Survival +3, Swim -1

It seems I missed Kalvin's accusations of Crux, nonetheless Graxton would still say bascially the same thing so I will keep it as is.

"Let us be off, there is a pull to battle, freedom is good, but outright anarchy can easily bring tyranny. Ivanna lead us."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human F Human CN Inquisitor 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 9/9 | F +4 R +3 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Viviana smiles to everyone, stepping out the door. "We're such a lively bunch."


Male Human Paladin 3 | HP 21/28 | 20ft | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | F +6 | R +4 | W +6 | INIT +3 | PERC +4 | SMITE 1/1 | LOH 3/3 1d6+2

Kalvin turns toward the doomsayer and cocks his head.

GM Question:
Do I recognize him?

"I assure you, I am very much real. Now get out of the streets before your shouts incite more violence."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Really, a 2 lol c'mon dice roller


M Half-elf CN Rogue 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +6 W +4 (+2) | Init +5 | Perc +8

While the Doomsayer is preoccupied with Kalvin, Rodan steps off to one side and into the shadows, using the opportunity to move around and behind the wild-eyed man.

Stealth, moving up behind the Doomsayer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Shaking loose his sap from it's concealed pocket in his sleeve, the rogue steps up and strikes the old man across the back of his head, taking care to avoid cracking his skull.

Melee attack, sap: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Non-lethal damage, sap: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Sneak attack damage, non-lethal: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Grabbing the man before his body slumps to the ground, Rodan lowers him the rest of the way, then replaces his sap in his sleeve. "He was boring me. Now can we get going, please?"


Vital:
HP: 19/21, AC: 17_ T: 10_ FF: 17, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7, Initiative: +0, F: +4 _ R: +1 _ W: +6, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -4, Appraise +4, Bluff +1, Climb -1, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Escape Artist -7, Intimidate+3, K(Nob/Rel/Pla) +4, Linguistics +0, Ride -4, Stealth -7, Spellcraft +4, Survival +3, Swim -1

Graxton nods in agreement to Rodan's actions, then shakes his head back and forth looking at the Doomsayer. He then grabs the Doomsayer's feet and helps Rodan put him inside of the abandoned cottage.


Rodan and Graxton Perception:
As you approach the old man to move him, you see and smell this fellow must be quite ill. Mucus covers his face, and a stench like rotting meat is emitted from him.

Kalvin, you do not recognize this fellow, he is/was a wild-eyed, street person.

Perhaps I missed it in all the conking old guys on the head, but where are you headed off to?

DM Roll:
1d10 ⇒ 3


M Half-elf CN Rogue 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +6 W +4 (+2) | Init +5 | Perc +8

When Graxton and Rodan reach down to haul the old man off the street, the rogue notices the rotting smell and the goo covering the doomsayer's face. Hastily snatching his hands away from the offending body, he exclaims "Ugh. I think we'll just leave him here. He looks and smells like he's been dead for a day already."


Arcanist 1| AC 12 , FF 10 T 12| HP 7/7| Perception +1| Lvl 1 4/4, Cantrip at will

Crux does as he said and follows Graxton and the rest out into the street.


Male Human Paladin 3 | HP 21/28 | 20ft | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | F +6 | R +4 | W +6 | INIT +3 | PERC +4 | SMITE 1/1 | LOH 3/3 1d6+2

Kalvin shakes his head and walks over to the man. The stench is awful. But he grabs the old man's cloak with his mailed fists and drags him out of the street.

"There, problem taken care of."

gm:
Kalvin would suggest we move toward any healer houses or residential areas and protect there. But I don't know where to say to go.


M Half-elf CN Rogue 1 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +6 W +4 (+2) | Init +5 | Perc +8

"Alright, so where are we headed? Viviana is worried about her 'girls' at the temple of Calistria. If no-one else has any specific place or people they wish to protect, we can at least go past the House of Silken Veils and check on them." The half-elf suddenly gives everyone a tight grin, "In my experience even very stupid people hesitate to piss off the goddess of revenge directly by attacking her temples. At least, they don't tend to do so more than once..."

By the way, Rodan will help carry a portion of the gear looted from the fishery - he'll carry whatever Graxton and Kalvin aren't able to take. Unless we want to conceal it at the fortune teller's cottage in the hope that we can come back for it later.


Vital:
HP: 19/21, AC: 17_ T: 10_ FF: 17, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7, Initiative: +0, F: +4 _ R: +1 _ W: +6, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -4, Appraise +4, Bluff +1, Climb -1, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Escape Artist -7, Intimidate+3, K(Nob/Rel/Pla) +4, Linguistics +0, Ride -4, Stealth -7, Spellcraft +4, Survival +3, Swim -1

Graxton, instead checks the man over to see possibly what is ailing him and what he could do to fix it. Stopping to help Kalvin put the old bugger into the cottage.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 heal check.

Ehhh, Graxton is already encumbered, unless you want to grab something specific, he just grunts and bears the burden. He really needs a Master Craft backpack and a Str boost. :)


Male Human Paladin 3 | HP 21/28 | 20ft | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | F +6 | R +4 | W +6 | INIT +3 | PERC +4 | SMITE 1/1 | LOH 3/3 1d6+2

"My family lives on the outskirts of town, my father is a blacksmith and has arms made of iron, so while I am worried about them, I'm sure my father can keep them safe. However, my old mentor Maric is in failing health. He lives near the temple district on our way to the House of Silken Veils. I would like to check on him if we could."

Kalvin puts the spoils in his pack for safe keeping.

I should be able to carry about another 20 pounds before I'm Medium encumbered.

301 to 350 of 2,321 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Doctor Evil's Curse of the Crimson Throne Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.