DM-Camris' SECOND DARKNESS Part 1 and 2: Children of the Void (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

A star has fallen and the rush is on! While the crimelords of Riddleport race to be the first to claim the mysterious skymetal, dark works are afoot at the crash site on the island of Devil's Elbow...


451 to 500 of 2,427 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 8

If he begins to cast I'm kicking it right at him


Male Half-Elf Ranger Level 2

Eros steps into Beltias' square and whispers in his ear quietly so that Angvar cannot hear him.

Beltias:
Beltias, you old scrounger! I'll make it worth your while if you help me take out Angvar. I've got some action at a local casino to line your pockets with.


order, Round 2:

Eros-------16
Blessed
Eros steps into Beltias' square and whispers in his ear quietly so that Angvar cannot hear him. Beltias' eyes widen and flick to the north.

Zane--------3
Blessed
As Angvar's hand starts to glow with an electrical halo,...

Zane:

Looks like Lightning to you.

...Zane takes the opportunity to kick the Silence focussed bottle to Angvar's feet.
Angvar's voice cuts out and he loses control of the forces he was conjuring; You see an octarine flash from his eyes as they start bleeding.

Angvar-----15
Angvar quickly wipes the blood from his eyes, then stomps on the bottle in a rage. Sound comes flooding back as he lunges towards Zane.
Zane parries, and while the blades are crossed, Angvar leans in to whisper...

Zane:

He whispers;"You are far to intelligent to follow those cretins; work for me. I offer 2000 crowns today, and more when we take the Golden Goblin!"

Beltias----10
Beltia's blade stops short of Eros' body as he considers.

Eros:

"So Angvar brought this heat down on us? Alright laddie, I'll help ye with Angvar!"

Then he turns and moves off north.

[NPC] Nakoda------7
Nakoda listens to the commotion, which just got louder suddenly. She seriously considers running upstairs to help.

[NPC] Maelorn-----6
Blessed
Quickly thinking, Maelorn takes a step back into the smoke where he can see out and they can't see him, and waits.

Mooks-------5
The little guy comes up to where the smoke ends and cautiously probes his cutlass in.
Maelorn takes his action and swings, connecting with the little guys head. He drops unconscious at least.
The half orc roars and swings into the smoke; he connects with nothing, though Maelorn flinches a little as the dire flail roars past his head to smash into the wall next to him.


CLICK for the Map for round 3.

Order, Round 3:

Eros-------16
Blessed

Zane-------15
Blessed

Angvar-----14

Beltias----10

Nakoda------7

Maelorn-----6
Blessed

Mooks-------5


Male Half-Elf Ranger Level 2

Eros moves up 20 feet to square 14-AD

Eros defiantly declares:"Angvar! why dont you pull your head out of your arse and realize that the game is over!"

Eros shoots Angvar with his bow

(Precise shot, point blank shot)

Mwk composite Longbow:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Cleric 3

Maelorn will strike at #11 from the smoke Hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 (dmg 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5)


Order, Round 3:

Eros-------16
Blessed
Eros moves up next to Zane.
Eros defiantly declares:"Angvar! why dont you pull your head out of your arse and realize that the game is over!"
Eros shoots Angvar with his bow point blank, grazing him in the chest.
Unfortuately for Eros, he got too close and Angvar scores on an attack of Opportunity for 1d6 ⇒ 2 points damage from his sword cane.

[npc]Zane-------15
Blessed
Attacks with cane: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Head Hit! for 1d6 ⇒ 6

Angvar-----14
Angvar is surprised and enraged by Beltias turning on him.
"I told you of the score I was going to make on that casino! Why? Why would you throw in with that two bit thug?" He gestures
at Eros. He takes a 5 foot step back and makes a sharp complex gesture.
Concentration vs DC16: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 3 = 16 Succeeds
Casts Color spray and a violent clash of kaleidoscoping colors blazes forth over you.
Eros, Zane and Beltias; will save vs. DC15 to negate
Beltias: Fails [Stunned 1 round]
Eros: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2 Fail! Unconscious, blind, stunned 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 rounds.
Zane: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Success! Recognizing the spell, he shuts his eyes in time.

Beltias----10
Beltias blinks his eyes. "You brought too much heat lad. Nothing personal."

[npc]Nakoda------7
Waits.

Maelorn-----6
Blessed
Maelorn swings at the half orc from the smoke, but his hammer is deflected by the thick studded leather armor.

Mooks-------5
The half orc roars and swings into the smoke again.
Flail: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Miss!


Order, Round 4:

Eros-------16
Blessed

Zane-------15
Blessed

Angvar-----14

Beltias----10

Nakoda------7

Maelorn-----6
Blessed

Mooks-------5


Male Human Wizard 8

Zane opens his eyes grinning as he also steps back an arcaane phrase passing across his lips as he points a finger, a shard of magical energy lancing towards Angvar.

Magic Missile1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Angvar takes another shot to the face and stumbles back another 5 feet. The blood running down his face, he clearly has difficulty seeing.

"Lowborn traitor!" He hisses.
Conc check: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 3 = 21
A sharp gesture and a word of power, and three magic missiles shoot forth to strike Beltias in the face, left hand and body. 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 2) + 3 = 10

.
.

Beltias can only stand and take the shots, still shaking his head coming out of stun.


Nakoda:

The maimed one's pathetic pass at you fades into background noise as you spot a sacred owl land silently in the branches of the tree, it's soul gazing eyes look directly into yours, then up at the second story.
The message is clear, your friends are in mortal danger.

.
.

Eros:

You fade back into conciousness, but are still blinded and stunned. You realize you never had a chance to warn your friends.
You know Beltias. He can't just let you all go; he has to kill you all publicly or face being pulled down by other gangsters.

.
.


Male Half-Elf Ranger Level 2

Eros begins to formulate a plan in his mind while is body is still unable to respond. It goes something like this:

Even though Eros is stunned (His body does not respond) he must have heard Beltias get blasted by some type of spell, and he also didn't hear any response from Beltias. Not so much as a painful moan or retort.

Intelligence Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Conclusion: Apparently, he does not realize that Beltias is in the same shape as him.

Eros will try to stand up and utter these words just loud enough for Maelorn to hear them:"When Torag builds a fortress, sometimes he has to reinforce the walls."

Eros is using bluff to tell Mealorn to find the best way to heal us before it is too late the consequences can be dealt with later.

Bluff:1d20 ⇒ 15


Eros:

Your perception: 13+6=19
Even though blind, there's nothing wrong with your hearing.
You are just able to hear the zip, zip, zip of magic misslies whipping by overhead, the meaty thumpthumpthump of them hitting home, a deep grunt of pain and the footsteps of somebody stumbling backward into a wall not five feet from you. The grunts are too deep to be Zane, so you put money on it that Beltias just took a nasty hit.

.
Observers see Eros' limbs twitch spasmodically, and he mumbles words you can barely hear...
.
Perception DC15:

"When Torag builds a fortress, sometimes he has to reinforce the walls."

.
If perception made, Sense Motive DC15:

You interpret that as:
"Maelorn! Somebody! Anybody! Heal us before it is too late the consequences can be dealt with later!"


Female Human(Shoanti) Skald 8

At the persistence of the fracas from upstairs, Nakoda turned her head to listen closer to it, and growled with an undercurrent of simmering rage. She was better than her anger this time, and turned with a speed that set the mail at her legs ringing as she hastened her way towards and up the stairs, stopping at the edge of the smoke cloud, attempting to make sense of what was going on.


Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Nakoda:

As the smoke fades away, you see off to your left Maelorn facing off against a half-orc gang boy wielding a dire flail.
Off to your right you can see Eros down, Zane casting at something you can't see to the north and a wounded gangster pushing off a wall and stepping behind Zane, blade poised for a precision backstab.

.

Zane:

In a moment of prescience, you realize that even wounded as he is, Angvar is about to cast a couple of Scorching Rays. Targeting both you and Beltias.


Male Human Wizard 8

Time seems to slow for Zane, his eyes widening as he takes in the arcane energies building around Angvar, his position in the hallway, the new questionable ally just behind him.

Zane's mind calculates, angles distances and spell capabilities running through his mins in a manner of instants, dozens of options blossoming and being rejected in between heartbeats.

"Get down!" he yells at the thug behind him turning to dash past him down the hall, counting his steps and depending on his faster processing to give him the seconds he needs.

As he goes past the man, he begins casting only a step past the man as he twists his momentum still going backwards as his splayed fingers erupt in a violent burst of color, filling the hall with swirling light.

Dashing past Beltias after shouted warning, back into the smoke and turning after going 10 ft(move action) casting color spray to hit both Beltias and Angvar, hoping to at the very least break the other spell caster's concentration.


Round 4:

Eros-------16
Blessed
You fade back into conciousness, but are still blinded and stunned.

Zane-------15
Blessed
Zane opens his eyes grinning as he also steps back an arcaane phrase passing across his lips as he points a finger, a
shard of magical energy lancing towards Angvar.

Angvar-----14
Angvar takes another shot to the face and stumbles back another 5 feet.
The blood running down his face, he clearly has difficulty seeing.
"Lowborn traitor!" He hisses.
A sharp gesture and a word of power, and three magic missiles shoot forth to strike Beltias in the face,
left hand and body.

Beltias----10
Beltias can only stand and take the shots, still shaking his head coming out of stun.

Nakoda------7
Moves to the stairs.

[npc]Maelorn-----6
Blessed
Attacks the half orc, hits for 5 points.

Mooks-------5
Smoke clears
Attacks Maelorn, hits for 6 points.


Round 5:

Eros-------16
Blessed
No longer blind, still stunned, limbs twitch, mumbles a bit.

Zane-------15
Blessed
"Get down!" he yells.
Dashing past Beltias after shouted warning, turning after going 10 ft(move action) casting color spray
to hit both Beltias and Angvar.
Angvar save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Saves; Glances aside last moment.
Beltias save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Fails; Stunned. Again.
Eros save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1 Fails; Blinded and stunned 1 round, then stunned 1 round. Again.

Angvar-----14
Tries to concentrate to cast: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 = 19 Just makes it.
Casts Scorching Ray at the only target he can see through bleeding eyes and a cut forehead.
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Hit for 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 6) = 12 burn damage.
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Hit for 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 1) = 16 burn damage.

Beltias----10
Screams as the scorching rays burn right through his chest, over Zane's head, past Nakoda, Maelorn and the half orc, who all gape at the sight.


Nakoda and Maelorn's turn.


Male Human Cleric 3

Could we get an updated tactical? I want to be precise about where we are...


CLICK for the map as of now.


Male Human Cleric 3

Maelorn raises an eyebrow, "...and here I throught you were indestructible."

Channel Positive Energy, exempting "B" and Zane's opponent: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Human Wizard 8

Uhm..I'm pretty sure the guy in front of you is a smoldering corpse. Funny thing is I think you still missed ;p


The only enemies up and fighting are in red. Nakoda's action will finish this round.


Female Human(Shoanti) Skald 8

Reaching the top of the stairs, Nakoda took a look at the situation, taking in both ends of the hallway with a scowl, and began that Shoanti battle-chant again, the edges of the words darker, more threatening. One hand unlimbered the whip at her side and watched the person at Eros' end of the hall. She was too late to do anything about what he would do next, but after that, she intended that any motion that she made would be to counter his.

Inspire Competence begun, +1 atk/+1 dmg to allies.


Half-orc attack vs Maelorn: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 3 = 12 Miss!

Begin Round 6

Eros slowly becomes unblinded again, still stunned.

Zane is next.


Male Human Wizard 8

With a wicked grin Zane pulls out a scroll and begins riciting the arcane words it holds. A slick layer of grease seems to spread across the ground beneath Angvar.

Grease mutha%#@ka!


Male Human Cleric 3

Maelorn strikes back at the Half-Orc Hammer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 (Dmg 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4)


Angvar Ref save vs DC15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Angvar skids a little, but remains standing.

His smile is ghastly, but he manages a smirk as he intones; "That was invigorating I am sure, but I have places to go, and things to do. We shall meet again."

He begins to cast, and a ball of fire forms in his hand...
Concentrate: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11
He fumbles the spell. The blood dripping in his eye, his foot slipping in the grease, whatever the cause, he drops the fireball at his feet and the whole room explodes into flame. The flames roll into the hallway, stopping just short of Zane and Nakoda.
Eros, who just came out of stun, may roll a Reflex Save DC17 for half of a total of 6d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 3) = 32 fire damage.
The flames only exist for a second, then expire; leaving only a number of small fires in the bookshelf and beds that start growing...

The half-orc thug stops and stares, shocked.


Male Half-Elf Ranger Level 2

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Eros is at -22 hit points.


You are out of combat now, the half-orc turns and flees, his morale broken.
You can see that Eros took a lot of damage from that mishandled fireball, what you can see of his skin is charred and he's not breathing.

Heal check DC12:

Eros needs 11 points of healing before the end of the round to bring him up above -12 or he dies and you'll need to see about Raising him. And expensive, expensive ceremony...


Female Human(Shoanti) Skald 8

Heal:1d20 ⇒ 6

The instant blast of fire made Nakoda attempt to dive out of the way, though the blast was there and gone before she could really register it all. There was a curious lilt to her battle-chant as she poked her head around the corner, and trailed it to a stop as she sees the bodies, hearing the half-orc fleeing.

One hand came up to her mouth upon seeing the two charred bodies, a rather delicate gesture, but never had she seen damage like that close up.


Male Human Cleric 3

"Looks bad. Torag grant that he can be saved." Having skinped on church training about the body while he concentrated on structures, Maelorn is unsure of the extent of the damage, but burned and unconscious is significant enough to warrant an attempt to heal. (and is unaware of the certain futility of the act).

He moves up and attempts to do so.

Converting Protection From Evil to Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Wizard 8

Zane stands looking into the incandescence as the ball of lame erupts, strangely making no move to dodge, this keen intellect calculating the range of the spell's effect with mind numbing accuracy.

Almost a grin can be seen on his fact until he notices Eros charred corpse. He glances over at Nakoda, trying to overcome the overwhelming carnage.

"Unfortunately when mages duel, it is often the bystanders that are in the gravest danger." he says shaking his head.


Unfortunately, your efforts are in vain. Eros is dead.

Eros:

I almost said "toast".
Because you are a fated hero of this tale, by hook or by crook you will be Raised from the dead in three game days.
If you would rather let Eros go and change to a new character let me know; I will proceed with the Raising unless you say otherwise.

Maelorn:

In order to Raise him from the dead, you will need to go to a friendly church and shell out $6,150.
Since you are a priest of Torag, you can prevail on the clergy there to get it done at cost for $5,000.
If you don't have that much, you might be able to borrow the sum from your boss, Saul Vancaskerkin at the Gold Goblin casino; maybe.
Or you could use your friend at the Silken Veil, Lavender Lil. She's got connections to the Church of Calistria, and they're likely to ask for a favor to be named later instead of money.

Father Jhonas pounds up the stairs along with Mumsy Garrison.
They stand aghast at the burning wreckage (only a few points short of Maximized damage!).
"Don't just stand there! Help us put the fire out!"
After a few minutes work you put the last of the fires out.
Besides Eros, you find the bodies of the Abbot, Father Padrik, still lying in a bunk among a pile of bottles, and the blackened bones of Angvar Thistlecrit.


As the staff weep over the abbots body, the rest of you search the bodies of the gang members and the lair they made of the upper floor and bell tower.

Treasure List:

Treasure- St. Casperians

gp value type TREASURE LIST
$12.00 Alchemical Pouch of Flayleaf (illegal drug)
$120.00 Alchemical Thunderstone x4
$1,010.00 Armor Leather +1
$50.00 Armor Leather x5
$50.00 Armor Studded Leather armor x2
$10.00 Art Bronze knocker in the shape of a dolphin
$2.00 Art Folding marlon spike
$15.00 Art Ornate Brass candelabra
$30.00 Art Quartz shortsword pommel
$250.00 Art Set of sailing charts in a leather tube
$5.00 Art Signet ring of Korvosa's Ornelos family
$22.00 Art Silver anklet chain
$10.00 Gear Mirror, small steel
$1.00 Gear Sealing wax
$1,000.00 Gear Spyglass
$270.00 Gems Rose quartz stonesx10
$25.00 Gems Small Gems
$50.00 Misc. Magic Feather Token, Anchor
$250.00 Money Gold Teeth x8
$331.60 Money Random coins
$300.00 Potion Potion Lesser Restoration
$100.00 Potion Potion of Shield of Faith +3
$150.00 Potion Potion of Spider Climb x3
$150.00 Toolsets Disguise kit, masterwork
$100.00 Toolsets Thieves Tools, Masterwork
$480.00 Wand Wand of Shocking Grasp, 32 c.
$2.00 Weapon 2x Quiver 20 arrows
$25.00 Weapon Blade Boot
$2,002.00 Weapon Dagger +1
$34.00 Weapon Dagger x19
$12.00 Weapon Hand Axe x2
$2,008.00 Weapon Kukri +1
$120.00 Weapon Rapier x6
$15.00 Weapon Scimitar
$60.00 Weapon Shortbow x2
$40.00 Weapon Shortsword x4
$10.00 Weapon Switchblade Knife x2
$630.00 Weapon Sword Cane, Masterwork, Cold Iron
$2,000.00 Wondrous Amulet of Natural Armor +1
$11,751.60

You also find dozens of handrwitten lists hidden in the secret compartment of a sea chest and encyphered in shorthand.

Linguisitcs (Decipher Script) DC20:

The papers turn out to be paid and unpaid IOU's made out to Beltias Kruen from various petty criminals and smugglers throughout Riddleport, effectivel documenting his recent criminal doings.


Female Human(Shoanti) Skald 8

As everything settles, Nakoda grows more and more somber. That the abbot got caught in the fireball does not make her feel any better, either. As everyone goes about taking the spoils-- which are rightly theirs, she will not argue-- she is helping with the bodies, and setting things to order.

Linguistics:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

The mention of the papers draws her attention, but there is something about the cant that escapes her, and she hands the papers back with some frustration.

There is another thing that occurs to her as she is helping to clean up the mess that was made.. There was a power vacuum here now, and it was unlikely that things would improve for the others for long. Of her companions, she approached them when she had an opportunity to speak to them together.

Aside:
"Power leaves a hole, which will be filled naturally.. Is there something we can do to better fortunes here, and fill the void with something better?

Explained Rationale:
The lot of the people were worsened by the location, as well as the gang that held this place. Is it possible to perhaps fund a group that will support the church with the intent of bettering the area?


Male Human Cleric 3

Linguistics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Discarding the notes with a grunt ("feh"), Maelorn looks quickly at the other equipment while Nakoda outlines her thoughts.

"Hm, given the value of the things here, we could perhaps pay to have both Eros and the Abbot raised, with perhaps a bit left over to revitalize the mission here and help these people. Considering this whole mess was caused by those attempting to revenge themselves on the man we are working with, it seems the least we can do."

Sovereign Court

Eros was intended to be an archer, but what this group really needs is a tank, so I think this is a great opportunity to switch to a dedicated fighter.

Sovereign Court

What is the starting gold amount for my new character?

Should he be level 2? or 3?



Everyone is about 2/3 the way through Level 2. Make your character Level 2, take max gold for first level and add 1000 gp for base equipment. Hopefully, your teammates will hold a share for the new guy.


Father Jhonas thanks you all and declines your offer to help Raise Father Patrik.
"He was elderly and sick in body and heart. In truth I think he looked forward to being called home. I know he felt guilty that his weakness allowed the Paupers to take control here. With their elimination I can call in some help to prevent this kind of thing from happening again." He hoists Pip up into his arms. "We'll make this place what it was intended to; a refuge for the poor, elderly, the orphans of the world to find peace for a little while."

In casting the auguries preperatory to Raising Eros, you all find that he refuses raising.


Male Human Wizard 8

Decipher script1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male Human Cleric 3

Maelorn raises an eyebrow at father Jhonas' decision, but doesn't comment further.

Noting Nakoda's and Zane's interest in the papers, Maelorn sighs, "The papers prove that someone named Beltias Kruen is a criminal. I've never heard of him...I suppose we can turn them over to what passes for the authorities in Riddleport."

I figure we'll discuss treasure in the ooc thread


Are you all going to be doing anything before returning to the Gold Goblin?


Male Human Cleric 3

Maelorn will go through the mission, making sure that anyone else wounded has been healed, and generally ministering to the people there.

Otherwise, no actions (I am sssuming that the treasure list includes anything buried/hidden in the tree, otherwise he'll check that out as well before leaving).


Female Human(Shoanti) Skald 8

Nakoda will accompany Maelorn, mostly to avoid lingering in the burned area, her mind elsewhere for now.


As Maelorn and company minister to the poor that drift back to St. Casperians, the spells that are cast to help them suddenly erupt in a purplish hazy radiation. When they turn and start to speak about this odd occurance, the words come out as glowing purplish glyphs; perfectly understandable, but silent. When people go outside, you can see it happening all over the city. This lasts about 13 minutes, then disappears without a trace as everything goes back to normal. Though frightening, no one seems injured.

Knowledge (Arcana) DC15:

This must be another one of the strange phenomena associated with the blot in the sky. What could be happening?

When you return to the Gold Goblin, Saul Vancaskerkin is overjoyed at the elimination of the threat to the Goblin, but is saddened by the loss of Eros. He helps with arrangements for his wake and interrment in the public graveyard (no one knows if he belonged to a church).

But after all that, life goes on and there is business to conduct.
Over the next week, make your rolls for helping out at the Gold Goblin (you are junior partners now after all).

---------------------------------
Although Saul hires the PCs to be his troubleshooters and enforcers, they can also take on other duties at the Gold Goblin as they see fit.

Examples of such duties include:
Barker, calling people on the street to come in and play.
Greeter, welcoming people at the door.
Dealer or croupier (run games for customers).
Crafter, making advertisements.
Staff manager (oversee the help).
Performer, entertaining the crowd.
Spotter (patrol the catwalks or the floor itself
and watch for cheaters).

As a general rule, you can assume that a character can spend 4 hours a day working for the Gold Goblin and still have enough time left in his day to adventure, craft magic items, shop, or relax.

Key skills that influence the profitability of the Casino:

Bluff (DC 15): Spend 2 hours a day cajoling citizens and
tricking them into visiting the Gold Goblin.

Craft (DC 15): Spend 2 hours a day and 10 gp to create
eye-catching advertisements.

Diplomacy (DC 15): Spend 2 hours a day managing the
help and greeting customers at the Gold Goblin.

Diplomacy (DC 20): Spend 4 hours a day convincing
citizens to stop by the Gold Goblin.

Intimidate (DC 15): Spend 2 hours a day working as a
bouncer at the Gold Goblin.

Intimidate (DC 20): Spend 2 hours a day threatening
customers of competing game halls that if they don’t
check out the Gold Goblin, something bad will happen.

Perform (DC 15): Spend 2 hours a day performing for
customers at the Gold Goblin.

Profession (gambler) (DC 15): Spend 2 hours a day
working as a croupier or dealer at the Gold Goblin.

Spot (DC 15): Spend 2 hours a day looking for cheaters at
the Gold Goblin.

Finally, a character can give Saul a bonus to his
profitability check by donating gold to the cause. Every 50
gp donated grants Saul a +1 bonus for that week’s check, up
to a maximum of +5 for 250 gp.


Male Human Wizard 8

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Upon seeing thee bizarre phenomenon Zane stares up into the sky at the Blot. Shaking his head to himseelf he produces a note book into which he scribbles intently before moving on.
Craft1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Human Cleric 3

Spot (DC 15): Spend 2 hours a day looking for cheaters at
the Gold Goblin.

Diplomacy (DC 15): Spend 2 hours a day managing the
help and greeting customers at the Gold Goblin.

Maelorn will split his time between managing the help and greeting customers at the goblin.

Spot 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 - Successful
Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 - failure

In the meantime, he'll begin making some new armor
Craft (Armor) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 - No progress

451 to 500 of 2,427 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-CAMRIS’ SD1: Shadow in the Sky All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.