Aubrey's PF Dark Sun (Inactive)

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


51 to 100 of 6,305 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Irivis flinches as two arrows strike her. Suppressing her urge to exclaim, she channels her pain into something more productive and prepares to repay the snipers as permanantly as possible.


Despite her caution both well-aimed arrows find gaps in Calla's armor. She schools her mind to calmness and floats free of the pain of her wounds, focused on battle.


Jareen.


Does someone want to take Jareen's turn?


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

OK

Jareen backs up against the wall and blasts at Sk6 trying to thin the numbers.

Move to AL47, MM v Sk6 doing 6 force damage.


Initiative order:
Skirmishers 25 (Sk2 running, Sk3 running, Sk4 running, Sk6 running/ marked by Calla/cursed by Irivis/bloodied, Sk7 running/cursed by Irivis)
Gorad 20
Calla 18 (total defence)
Irivis 14 (concealed)
Arakan 13 (cover)
Snipers 10
Jareen 7
Riders 4

The riders come closer, unlimbering the nets they carry.


The elven skirmishers close on their foes. Those to the north scramble inside the enclosure, just as the sleepers begin to stir. Those to the south focus on Calla and Irivis.

OK, the two on Calla will use Two-Weapon Rend, with the benefit of flanking.
Sk6: Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10 to hit, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage, Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 to hit, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage, 4 extra damage if both hit
Sk7: Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10 to hit, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage, Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21 to hit, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage, 4 extra damage if both hit

The two on Irivis will simply charge.
Sk1:1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17 to hit, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage
Sk5:1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 to hit, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage

Revised initiative and conditions:
Initiative order:
Skirmishers 25 (Sk6 marked by Calla/cursed by Irivis/bloodied, Sk7 cursed by Irivis)
Gorad 20
Calla 18 (total defence)
Irivis 14 (concealed, bloodied)
Arakan 13 (cover)
Snipers 10
Jareen 7
Riders 4
Sleepers 0

Gorad.

Map updated.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Bloodied on 6hp. Could be a short campaign for my girl.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Sandswimmer shifts to AG49 and attacks SK6

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7vs Will
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 if hits Calla gains 3 temp hps

Gorad calls upon a Healing Spirit to help Irivis.

Irivis you can spend a healing surge +5 and Calla you get the following hps if Irivis spends the surge

1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8healing to Calla


Sandswimmer attacks again but fails to connect this time.

Calla.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

"You have your uses."

Irivis acknowledges Gorad as some of her worst wounds feel better.

Still bloodied, but in better shape. Many thanks :)


Left home without my paizo login details, so improvising with a temp account. back properly on Friday night. So, with total defense up Calla suffers one hit for 10 damage, then gets healed for 8. 2 net damage.

Calla evades most of the flashing blades. In response she swings the war flail overhead and brings it crashing down augmented with her disciplined mind. She then retreats towards the compound gate.

Concussive spike on Sk6 vs AC. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11. Push Sk7 3 sqs directly away. Move 5 sqs towards gate. Sorry this is so imprecise Aubrey, struggling to flick between map/character/post on my phone.


One of the elfves collapses under Calla's flail and the other staggers backwards.

Map updated.

Sk6 down. Irivis.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Shift and move to AM42. Concealment gained and cover.
Curse Sk1.

Realising belatedly that she is on the wrong side of the wall, Irivis grumbles to herself and clambers laboriously over to join Arakan.

"You might want to join us," she suggests to Calla.


Arakan.


Male Half-Elf Mindvivisectionist 3/Archaeologist 1 (AC: 16 [T: 13 /F: 14]; HP: 28/28; F+5 (+2 vs Poison), R+8, W+4; Init: +2; Perc: +7 [Low-light vision])

Sorry, I can't see the map at work, so I will post as soon as I get home (in about 2 hours-ish).


Male Half-Elf Mindvivisectionist 3/Archaeologist 1 (AC: 16 [T: 13 /F: 14]; HP: 28/28; F+5 (+2 vs Poison), R+8, W+4; Init: +2; Perc: +7 [Low-light vision])

Seeing Irivis come over the wall beside him, Arakan has no doubt the fight may not be going well. He decides to up the ante a little, maybe by taking one of the raiders out of the fight for a little bit. He gets up to a kneeling position, dips a bolt into the pouch at his waist, then loads it into his weapon. He quickly picks a target, the one closest to both Calla and the rest of the group, and lets fly the bolt with the tainted tip. As soon as it leaves the weapon he can tell that his haste in choosing a target hampered his shot.

He looks to Irivis, "Join us? You say it like you didn't just get here. I'm sure she'll appreciate the advice, oh voice of wisdom."

Move, to "stand" at a kneel.
Free, to load hand crossbow
Standard, Poisoned Strike, 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 vs AC, damage 1d6 ⇒ 1 plus 5 poison. On a hit: Until the EOMNT, if the target willingly moves more than 2 squares or makes an attack, it then falls prone, and it is immobilized until the end of its next turn.

Question I meant to ask before. Does being prone behind this cover provide superior cover? If so, I will Minor to drop prone again and Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14. If not I stay kneeling.


Based on your description, it sounds like you are attacking Sk5. Yes, dropping prone gives you total cover.

Revised initiative and conditions:
Initiative order:
Skirmishers 25 (Sk1 cursed by Irivis, Sk5 until the EOMNT for Arakan if willingly moves more than 2 squares or makes an attack falls prone and is immobilized until the end of its next turn, Sk7 cursed by Irivis)
Gorad 20
Calla 18 (total defence)
Irivis 14 (concealed, bloodied, cover)
Arakan 13 (total cover)
Snipers 10
Jareen 7
Riders 4
Sleepers 0

Snipers: Sn1 attacks Irivis, Sn2 Arakan, Sn3 Gorad and Sn4 Jareen respectively, Sn6 and Sn7 attack Calla.
Sn1: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 6 to hit v AC, damage 5
Sn2: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 - 5 = 9 to hit v AC, damage 5
Sn3: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 - 2 = 21 to hit v AC, damage 5
Sn4: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8 to hit v AC, damage 5
Sn6: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 to hit v AC, damage 5
Sn7: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 to hit v AC, damage 5

Map updated.

Jareen.


Male Half-Elf Mindvivisectionist 3/Archaeologist 1 (AC: 16 [T: 13 /F: 14]; HP: 28/28; F+5 (+2 vs Poison), R+8, W+4; Init: +2; Perc: +7 [Low-light vision])

Yes, Sk5, was what I intended. Sorry, I meant to put that down.


No worries, it was reasonably clear.


Another arrow pierces Calla's scale armor, punching a hole in the underlying leather. "I hate repairing armor," she says to no one in particular.

Calla has 18/35 hp remaining.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Gorad grimaces as he looks down and there is an arrow sticking out of his shoulder. 23/28 hp


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 18/31 AC: 11 Treasure XP

As the arrow misses Jareen, he takes a step back and intones some words. A small chasm opens up beneath the closest group of skirmishers...


MA to get behind the wall AN46
SA to cast Daily power, phantom chasm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25vs Will to take 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9 Psychic damage. Half if it misses. Aim at SK7, and it's an Area 1 burst, that remains until the end of the encounter..... Anything that enters the area falls prone....


OK, I can't see the map but I assume Sk7 is in the middle of the group nearest the wall? You need to identify which other enemies are also in the area of effect, as you need to roll to hit them individually (though you only roll damage once). Your attack on Sk7 is a crit, so it does maximum damage to him.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 18/31 AC: 11 Treasure XP
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
OK, I can't see the map but I assume Sk7 is in the middle of the group nearest the wall? You need to identify which other enemies are also in the area of effect, as you need to roll to hit them individually (though you only roll damage once). Your attack on Sk7 is a crit, so it does maximum damage to him.

Okey doke, no problem, two more attack rolls then....SK1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 SK5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


OK, and do they fall prone on a miss, or just on a hit?

EDIT: No worries, just answered it myself.

Jareen casts his spell and the three skirmishers bearing down on him scream and fall to the floor, writhing in terror as they fall into the illusory pit.

Revised initiative and conditions:
Initiative order:
Skirmishers 25 (Sk1 cursed by Irivis/prone/immobilised, Sk5 until the EOMNT for Arakan if willingly moves more than 2 squares or makes an attack falls prone and is immobilized until the end of its next turn/prone, Sk7 cursed by Irivis/prone/immobilised)
Gorad 20
Calla 18 (total defence)
Irivis 14 (concealed, bloodied, cover)
Arakan 13 (total cover)
Snipers 10
Jareen 7 (cover)
Riders 4
Sleepers 0

Riders will have to wait until tonight.


By the way, just noticed that Jareen's spell, if it had gone where he actually stated, would have missed Sk1. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he wanted to blast all three.

Riders double-move again.

The camp is now in uproar, as the merchants, inix drivers and crodlu riders surge to their feet and grab their weapons. But the raiders have the element of surprise, and the skirmishers to the north swiftly disable their first few victims. Those to the south, however, still lie screaming, waiting to hit the base of a non-existent chasm. (That is a cool spell!)

Gorad.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 18/31 AC: 11 Treasure XP
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
By the way, just noticed that Jareen's spell, if it had gone where he actually stated, would have missed Sk1. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he wanted to blast all three.

I meant to center it on SK7, so take up AG43-AI45, rather than AH-AJ.... But no problem not much difference.

Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
(That is a cool spell!)

It is indeed. Pity it's a daily... ;)


No worries - now amended.

Map updated.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Sandswimmer moves to AI46 and attacks SK5.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21vs will
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Gorad starts chanting and on top of the wall at AL44 a Spirit of Arthas arises. You and your allies gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses while adj to it.


As sandswimmer worries the prone elf, a translucent, almost formless entity emerges from the wall where Gorad conjured it. Its soothing emanations help steady the hands of Gorad's allies.

Or something like that. Map updated.

Revised initiative and conditions:
Initiative order:
Skirmishers 25 (Sk1 cursed by Irivis/prone/immobilised, Sk5 until the EOMNT for Arakan if willingly moves more than 2 squares or makes an attack falls prone and is immobilized until the end of its next turn/prone, Sk7 cursed by Irivis/prone/immobilised)
Gorad 20 (+1 to defences)
Calla 18 (total defence)
Irivis 14 (concealed, bloodied, cover)
Arakan 13 (total cover, +1 defences)
Snipers 10
Jareen 7 (cover)
Riders 4
Sleepers 0

Calla.


The cries of family ring in Calla's ears but she schools herself to rigorous focus. She moves cautiously towards the gate, taking time to ensure she is the main target for the elves that lie writhing on the sands, should they rise again. Someone - Jareen? Irivis? - has displayed serious mental power to invade the minds of these raiders.

Move to AJ46, avoiding AOOs. Std: Whirling defense power on Sk5 (marked). 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22, 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12. Minor: battlemind's demand power on Sk7 (marked).


Human

I've fractured a finger. Posting will be slow until I can get the thing properly splinted. Apologies.


Ow! Hope it gets better soon.


Does someone want to take Irivis' turn, now Rosey is a cripple in reality as well as in this game?


Rev Rosey wrote:
I've fractured a finger. Posting will be slow until I can get the thing properly splinted. Apologies.

Rev asked me to alert that her finger is healing but that it will likely be mid-week before she can type easily enough to participate.


Cheers, Pat.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

posting for Irvis

Irvis draws on her inner strength and bends down to make herself a more difficult targetusing second wind 20/30 hps +2 def until eont temp hps 4


Arakan's turn.


Male Half-Elf Mindvivisectionist 3/Archaeologist 1 (AC: 16 [T: 13 /F: 14]; HP: 28/28; F+5 (+2 vs Poison), R+8, W+4; Init: +2; Perc: +7 [Low-light vision])

Arakan's eyes dart frantically, taking it all in, trying to figure out what he can do, before his face brightens. Staying on the ground right next to the wall, he crawls towards where the inix are kept, while trying to keep himself hidden from all the archers outside the walls. As a secondary thought, he turns to Irivis, and in a weird stretch for him, reassures her. "Don't worry, I'm not doing what you might think I'm doing." He slowly pulls out the curved dagger commonly known as a widow's knife.

Crawl 4 squares as a double move to AM47, minor to draw his weapon in his off-hand, Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Arakan wrote:
"Don't worry, I'm not doing what you might think I'm doing."

I have a cunning plan, my lord...


Irivis also has a move action left, so I'll assume she ducks down for total cover.

As Irivis ducks down to draw on her inner reserves, Arakan crawls silently towards one of the animals. Calla strikes out at one of the elves lying on the floor, leaving him badly battered.

Revised initiative and conditions:
Initiative order:
Skirmishers 25 (Sk1 cursed by Irivis/prone/immobilised, Sk5 prone/bloodied/marked by Calla, Sk7 cursed by Irivis/prone/immobilised/marked by Calla)
Gorad 20 (+1 to defences)
Calla 18
Irivis 14 (total cover)
Arakan 13 (total cover, hidden)
Snipers 10
Jareen 7 (cover)
Riders 4
Sleepers 0

More arrows descend from the dark.

Sn1 attacks Irivis, Sn2 Gorad, Sn3 and Sn4 Jareen, Sn6 and Sn7 Calla.
Sn1 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 5 = 14 to hit v AC, 5 damage
Sn2 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 5 = 20 to hit v AC, 5 damage
Sn3 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 2 = 22 to hit v AC, 5 damage
Sn4 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 = 25 to hit v AC, 5 damage
Sn6 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 to hit v AC, 5 damage
Sn7 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 5 = 16 to hit v AC, 5 damage

Map updated.

Jareen.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

18/28


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 18/31 AC: 11 Treasure XP

MA: Move to AO43
SA: Cast Phantom Bolt at SK2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9, for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 psycic damage, and slide 1 SQ back to AO33...

Jareen keeps crouching, and moves forward into the camp, trying to scare off the attackers coming from the North.


Jareen's bolt zooms into the darkness, but it has the desired effect - the skirmishers in the north part of the camp take notice of him. Two race down to attack him.

Meanwhile, the riders break through into the camp, one of the crodlus jumping to low wall. They hurl their nets, which are barbed and weighted. Members of the caravan are caught and tangled up, falling to the ground and fighting futilely against their bonds. Of the rest, some move up to engage the invaders while the noncombatants huddle for security near to where the guards are fighting.

The skirmishers to the south stagger to their feet. They hastily vacate the site of their illusory doom. The one nearest Calla, already badly injured tries to back off safely. The other two are more bellicose, moving up to surround her.

Mostly movement only from the enemy. The exception are Sk2 and Sk3, who are charging Jareen.
Sk2: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24 v AC, damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Sk3: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23 v AC, damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Map updated.

Gorad.


By my reckoning Jareen should be unconscious on -8hp.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

If one of the skirmishers moved away from Sandswimmer without shifting immediate interrupt
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8vs ref
on hit 5 dmg and Gorad gains 8 hps

Gorad calls on a healing spirit to aid Jareen Jareen can spend healing surge at +5 and Calla gains 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 hps

Sandswimmer attacks SK1
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18vs will
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Calla gains 3 temp hps

So Jareen HS+5 Calla 7 hps +( 3 temp hps if hits)


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Back - thank you for keeping Irivis alive. Much appreciated :)

Ducking down behind the wall, Irivis comes to a decision.

"Just get rid of the snipers! If we don't, it won't matter how soon the rest get here."


Gorad Bender wrote:
So Jareen HS+5

Just a reminder to Nevyn, in case he hasn't read that far: when you are healed up from unconsciousness, you start at zero rather than the negative you are at. The negative only really matters in that if you get to minus-your bloodied value, you die instantly. In this instance, Jareen gets his healing surge value plus five, as healing from a leader normally gets some sort of bonus.

Sandswimmer snaps at the raider at he moves away, but fails to connect. His second attack is more on target.

Miss with the immediate interrupt, hit with the normal attack.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 18/31 AC: 11 Treasure XP
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
By my reckoning Jareen should be unconscious on -8hp.

I get -3HP.... 20HP from that attack, and 10HP from a previous attack I hadn't noticed....Grrr....

51 to 100 of 6,305 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.